Myself,Lvenger,Nickzabuto and Uberhikari and now dccomicsrule2011's vote

5-1 in your favour

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My vote goes to @neongamewave. If you look at the context of his claims of Dante's speed and feats, I'd say that they're pretty spot on. Comicstooge did a good job as well, but I give the edge to NeonGameWave.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Cooldes

i vote for neongamewave.

what he's shown me suggests dante could defeat palpatine

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much had to vote for @comicstooge.

Realistically, the speed was the biggest factor here. Comicstooge represented Palpatine's speed a lot better, whereas neongamewave only had the whole 'lightning dodging' thing; I came out fairly convinced that Palpatine was at least twice as fast as Dante if not more so. I saw a few mentions of Dante being FTL in Devil Trigger, but no real evidence or calcs for this.

Palpatine's precog also played a factor in my decision; knowing where Dante would go would, as comicstooge pointed out, play a HUGE factor. He also pointed out that Palpatine has gotten through very high durability time and time again, getting past the Royal Guard.

Dante's main prowess, shooting, was also more or less irrelevant. As comicstooge pointed out Palpatine would be able to redirect the shots, and while the Royal Guard would let Dante redirect back, Palpatine's ability to drain energy from ANYWHERE was huge in this fight.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicstooge 6 - 5 Neongamewave

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While both sides did a great job, my vote goes to @neongamewave, I think his arguments were very strong and were proof worthy enough to prove why Dante could defeat Palpatine.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

I think I'll vote for comicstooge too. While the single speed feat he has in his entire history isn't enough to say he's faster than Dante, this is about debaters, not characters, and Dante is no where near light speed like neon said. Dante also doesn't have any form of precog or advanced senses, at least, I never noticed any.

I feel like Dante would win thanks to his strength, Palpatine will have a tough time hanging onto his weapon and Dante will have him all unfocused, but that's also something neon didn't put much focus on.

I also respect your decision and vote, but I have to clarify on a few things as well as misconceptions of this post. Dante has easily moved passed lightning speed by DMC 4 and it has been shown that with Devil Trigger his attributes would increase dramatically, realistically it would make Dante relativistic in combat, reflex and reaction speed. Actually he does if you notice in DMC 3, Dante`s DT was activating randomly as shown when Dante was sensing the energy in the atmosphere that was emitting from the Demon Tower that Sparda utilized to seal himself and everything else with him, Dante`s Alastor weapon always sparks with electricity when a boss, new enemy type and so on is near his presence and he has advanced senses due to being a half demon.

I did place focus on Dante`s physical strength and its not really much of an issue because lifting strength wouldn`t be too much of a need in Dante`s situation as I said Dante has telekinesis and other ways of working around Palpatine`s telekinetic abilities which is why I don`t see any reason for me to elaborate on something of no importance in regards to Dante`s physical lifting strength when it doesn`t deal with the mechanics and dynamics of another energy type that is not physical in contact or nature.

No, I completely agree that Dante is far far passed lightning speed. He's fought more than enough enemies who shoot lightning to prove that. However, the speed of light is far different than that of lightning. Dante is massively hypersonic, but light speed is in an entirely different ball game. Even if DT increases his stats by 10, he's still no where near light speed.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dondave said:

Comicstooge 6 - 5 Neongamewave

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By uberhikari

@neongamewave said:

@uberhikari said:

@neongamewave said:

@uberhikari said:

I vote for comicstooge. Neon was doing a lot of wanking in this thread; Dante is nowhere near as strong as he's made out to be here.

I respect your vote as well as decision but what do you mean by wanking, do you even know Dante`s character and do you play video games now?

I know enough about Dante to know he's not a planet buster or that he's not as fast as lightning. He has no feats to support either claim; so, I thought you did quite a bit of wanking there. Everything else you said was pretty much on target, though.

That was more so a logical viewpoint on my part, which is why I toned it down to planet wrecker which I meant more so and Dante actually is fast as lightning, he reacted to the lightning demon Blitz, has lightning reflexes and combat speed with Alastor as he has also shown to move faster in later games, I have every single game and beaten every single game. I also read the manga as well as plan on ordering the anime (except for that DmC still thinking about if I should purchase it) interesting point.

First, Dante is not a planet wrecker. He has NO feats to suggest this. In fact, in all of the videos I've ever seen of Dante he's shown as being a high-tier street leveler. He never even busts a city or town or city block for that matter.

Second, Dante is NOT as fast as lightning. Again, there are no feats to suggest this. There's really no evidence at all to suggest that Blitz is as fast as lightning or that Alastor really gives Dante lightning reflexes and/or combat speed. And even if Dante was as fast as lightning, lightning certainly isn't as fast as you claim. Lightning only reaches speeds of 94,000 miles per second in a vacuum. Atmospheric lightning is WAY slower at 244,000 mph. But you also claimed that Dante is FTL, which is definitely not true.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NeonGameWave

@uberhikari said:

@neongamewave said:

@uberhikari said:

@neongamewave said:

@uberhikari said:

I vote for comicstooge. Neon was doing a lot of wanking in this thread; Dante is nowhere near as strong as he's made out to be here.

I respect your vote as well as decision but what do you mean by wanking, do you even know Dante`s character and do you play video games now?

I know enough about Dante to know he's not a planet buster or that he's not as fast as lightning. He has no feats to support either claim; so, I thought you did quite a bit of wanking there. Everything else you said was pretty much on target, though.

That was more so a logical viewpoint on my part, which is why I toned it down to planet wrecker which I meant more so and Dante actually is fast as lightning, he reacted to the lightning demon Blitz, has lightning reflexes and combat speed with Alastor as he has also shown to move faster in later games, I have every single game and beaten every single game. I also read the manga as well as plan on ordering the anime (except for that DmC still thinking about if I should purchase it) interesting point.

First, Dante is not a planet wrecker. He has NO feats to suggest this. In fact, in all of the videos I've ever seen of Dante he's shown as being a high-tier street leveler. He never even busts a city or town or city block for that matter.

Second, Dante is NOT as fast as lightning. Again, there are no feats to suggest this. There's really no evidence at all to suggest that Blitz is as fast as lightning or that Alastor really gives Dante lightning reflexes and/or combat speed. And even if Dante was as fast as lightning, lightning certainly isn't as fast as you claim. Lightning only reaches speeds of 94,000 miles per second in a vacuum. Atmospheric lightning is WAY slower at 244,000 mph. But you also claimed that Dante is FTL, which is definitely not true.

Actually he is considering how much demonic raw output he has within Majin Form and Sparda DT, within his Sparda DT he was able to easily destroy massive rocks and Abigail as well as Mundus have shown levels of damage that are planetary but Dante`s forms have shown greater output, high-tier street leveler? This is how I know you haven`t played any of these games and even if you did you wouldn`t know the material based on these nonfactual claims that your putting to the forefront, The Savior, Abigail and The Despair Embodied have shown levels of damage above city level, Dante has shown a lot greater outputs of damage than all of them so it would make sense for him to produce that level of energy and notice how I said Majin Form plus Sparda DT, not exclusively either its the combined might of both.

Yes he is. You haven`t played any of these games, Blitz is lightning itself, its a lightning demon and Alastor is a lightning blade, if I was incorrect then your saying the developers are incorrect. Within the official lore Alastor is confirmed as giving Dante lightning reflexes, combat speed and so on so forth, the point you overlook is that Dante has surpassed the speed of lightning during DMC 4 within his human form and not transformations which illustrates my point about the logical perspective of him being able to reach at least relativistic speeds which I made more mention of more than FTL and Dante usually holds back yet he manages to move at these speeds a bloodlusted Dante wouldn`t hold back, I never seen Dante extremely bloodlusted. I bet if it was a comic book and its respective character you would give them the benefit of the doubt but since its a video game and a video game character, your going to limit it.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:

@nickzambuto said:

I think I'll vote for comicstooge too. While the single speed feat he has in his entire history isn't enough to say he's faster than Dante, this is about debaters, not characters, and Dante is no where near light speed like neon said. Dante also doesn't have any form of precog or advanced senses, at least, I never noticed any.

I feel like Dante would win thanks to his strength, Palpatine will have a tough time hanging onto his weapon and Dante will have him all unfocused, but that's also something neon didn't put much focus on.

I also respect your decision and vote, but I have to clarify on a few things as well as misconceptions of this post. Dante has easily moved passed lightning speed by DMC 4 and it has been shown that with Devil Trigger his attributes would increase dramatically, realistically it would make Dante relativistic in combat, reflex and reaction speed. Actually he does if you notice in DMC 3, Dante`s DT was activating randomly as shown when Dante was sensing the energy in the atmosphere that was emitting from the Demon Tower that Sparda utilized to seal himself and everything else with him, Dante`s Alastor weapon always sparks with electricity when a boss, new enemy type and so on is near his presence and he has advanced senses due to being a half demon.

I did place focus on Dante`s physical strength and its not really much of an issue because lifting strength wouldn`t be too much of a need in Dante`s situation as I said Dante has telekinesis and other ways of working around Palpatine`s telekinetic abilities which is why I don`t see any reason for me to elaborate on something of no importance in regards to Dante`s physical lifting strength when it doesn`t deal with the mechanics and dynamics of another energy type that is not physical in contact or nature.

No, I completely agree that Dante is far far passed lightning speed. He's fought more than enough enemies who shoot lightning to prove that. However, the speed of light is far different than that of lightning. Dante is massively hypersonic, but light speed is in an entirely different ball game. Even if DT increases his stats by 10, he's still no where near light speed.

I understand where your coming from, but Dante has shown to move passed massively hypersonic speeds during DMC 3 - DMC 4 and Dante has moved within these speed ranges in base form not DT form which increases his attributes dramatically a bloodlusted Dante would be plausible considering he`s near relativistic speed at lowest.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@neongamewave said:

@nickzambuto said:

I understand where your coming from, but Dante has shown to move passed massively hypersonic speeds during DMC 3 - DMC 4 and Dante has moved within these speed ranges in base form not DT form which increases his attributes dramatically a bloodlusted Dante would be plausible considering he`s near relativistic speed at lowest.

That's a completely baseless assumption though. Dante doesn't have any feats that place him anywhere close to lightspeed. Powerscaling is ok, and it's no secret that Dante gets a lot more powerful as the series progresses, but powerscaling doesn't bring him anywhere close to lightspeed. Is DMC2 Dante over eight hundred thousand times faster than DMC3? Hell no, he's like, maybe 3 or 4. So even at his most powerful, Dante isn't lightspeed.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:

@nickzambuto said:

@neongamewave said:

@nickzambuto said:

That's a completely baseless assumption though. Dante doesn't have any feats that place him anywhere close to lightspeed. Powerscaling is ok, and it's no secret that Dante gets a lot more powerful as the series progresses, but powerscaling doesn't bring him anywhere close to lightspeed. Is DMC2 Dante over eight hundred thousand times faster than DMC3? Hell no, he's like, maybe 3 or 4. So even at his most powerful, Dante isn't lightspeed.

But he would be above lightning and massively hypersonic levels of speed though so realistically he would be able to come close in rage at least, I didn`t focus too much on the FTL aspect only that Dante could come close but FTL seemed pretty logical and since he hasn`t shown his full potential even in his human form it makes my point more sound but I understand your point and you brought up a lot of awesome as well as fair points and I respect that.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote goes to @neongamewave:

His argument is sufficient to make you side with dante.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By ComicStooge

6-7, your favour.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ComicStooge

@jedixman as the resident Star Wars buff, do you think I did a reasonable job using Palpatine?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman as the resident Star Wars buff, do you think I did a reasonable job using Palpatine?

Yes, especially since you used quotes from Darth Plagueis.

@comicstooge Gets my vote.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ComicStooge

@jedixman said:

@comicstooge said:

Yes, especially since you used quotes from Darth Plagueis.

@comicstooge Gets my vote.

Thanks, man.

7-7, tie.

And I listened to the Darth Plagueis audiobook. Great stuff.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @comicstooge

Sorry, neon, but you /really/ wanked a lot here.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9,8 - your favour.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark and @veitha, would you guys happen to have a say in this?

I'm gonna have to decline, since I'm not particularly versed in either franchise. I tried to give it a read, but about halfway through neongamewave's post, I realized there's a fair bit I don't follow, so I can't make a well-informed vote.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ComicStooge

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark and @veitha, would you guys happen to have a say in this?

I'm gonna have to decline, since I'm not particularly versed in either franchise. I tried to give it a read, but about halfway through neongamewave's post, I realized there's a fair bit I don't follow, so I can't make a well-informed vote.

No problem, man.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10, 8 - your favour.

When should we stop voting?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10, 8 - your favour.

Up to you, I`m fine with either way of it being now or later to a couple of votes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

10, 8 - your favour.

Up to you, I`m fine with either way of it being now or later to a couple of votes.

Let's say by the end of tomorrow?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By NeonGameWave

@neongamewave said:

@comicstooge said:

10, 8 - your favour.

I`m fine with that.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

@neongamewave said:

@comicstooge said:

10, 8 - your favour.

I`m fine with that.

Cool.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ComicStooge

Last chance for voting.

Anyone else want to have their say?

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do movie feats for palpatine not count?

I vote for NeonGameWave

Avatar image for electricsharksuperman
ElectricSharkSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to go ahead and vote for NeonGameWave.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nessy3 said:

I vote for NeonGameWave

Well, the Expanded Universe does a much greater job of showing the power and skill of the characters, so it's better to use them.

11, 8 - your favour.

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@nessy3 said:

I vote for NeonGameWave

Well, the Expanded Universe does a much greater job of showing the power and skill of the characters, so it's better to use them.

11, 8 - your favour.

Just seems to me that if you include movie feats, there are many many feats that would surely bring down the average of palpatine significantly, I mean the movie feats have comparatively pathetic showings, where palpatine never moves as fast as even sound, and is killed by being slowly picked up and dropped to his death.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ComicStooge

@nessy3 said:

@comicstooge said:

@nessy3 said:

I vote for NeonGameWave

11, 8 - your favour.

Just seems to me that if you include movie feats, there are many many feats that would surely bring down the average of palpatine significantly, I mean the movie feats have comparatively pathetic showings, where palpatine never moves as fast as even sound, and is killed by being slowly picked up and dropped to his death.

The novelization of the book is pretty much as canon as the movie is.

And in regards to the whole "Vader slowly picked up Palpatine" that was for plot purposes only, otherwise Palpatine would have just turned around and incinerated Vader with lightning.

Regardless, Palpatine's best showings weren't known by that point.

Not to mention Palpatine's body was ridiculously old and decrepit at that point in time, as well as heavily ravaged from Darkside degradation.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12 to 8, your favour.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By NeonGameWave

@comicstooge said:

12 to 8, your favour.

I believe the voting limit along with the voting time has now reached its end, does that mean I win?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

12 to 8, your favour.

I believe the voting limit along with the voting time has now reached its end, does that mean I win?

Sure does, dude. :)

Good work, I enjoyed this debate.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:

@comicstooge said:

12 to 8, your favour.

Sure does, dude. :)

Good work, I enjoyed this debate.

Thanks and you did an amazing job too!! It was a real pleasure!