M1911A1 Combat Pistol

CQC Knife

Patriot

Moss Camo/Face Paint Kit

VS

Punisher

N/A

^ Setting

Combatants start 5 miles apart in this nameless jungle. They each have one goal: Eliminate the Enemy.

I hope you don't mind, but rather than Solid Snake, I opted to use Naked Snake, AKA Big Boss. He's Snake's clone-daddy, and their skill sets are almost exactly the same, so I figured you wouldn't mind. I'm using Solid Snake in two debates as is, and three is stretching it, so I just decided to use BB for this one instead.

I hope the scenario is to your liking, both combatants have plenty of jungle experience so I figured it a neutral battle ground. Feel free to make throw out any possible revisions.

Also, I need gear for Punisher. As you can see, I kept it REALLY low key for Big Boss (only two guns, a knife, and one camo outfit) so I hope you'll do the same for Frank.

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (11425 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider myself a pretty avid Punisher fan. Ever since he popped up in the 90s Spider-Man TAS, I've been incredibly attracted to the character (not in that way, but you get the idea...)

I've read more than my fair share of Punisher comics, and as someone who is far from what you might call an amateur when it comes to Frank Castle, I say without a shadow of doubt, that Big Boss holds the advantage in every conceivable category that matters.

Of course, I'm not saying it's a stomp. This is one of those matches (Spider-Man vs Wesker, Thor vs Superman, etc) where the victor is always the same, yet has his win hard earned each time. Punisher is good - nay he's great, but the legendary mercenary takes everything he's done to new heights, and it's a downright shame how unaware some people are of the things Big Boss has accomplished that make him worthy of the title, "Greatest Soldier of The 20th Century".

In his prime, Naked Snake has defeated dozens of enemies that most would consider way out of his league at first glance. In a world populated by psychics, mystics, super soldiers, monsters, robots, and super ninjas, Big Boss has earned the respect and admiration of everyone around him, through sheer driving determination and unshakable will.

If anything, Punisher can almost always say that he has experience over his enemy. That advantage is not present here; he's fighting a man who's seen just as much combat and horrors as he and lived to tell the tail. Big Boss has not gone a single game thus far without taking on some random assortment of superpowered psychos and giant death-mobiles. In the wake of the Cold War, this one man is literally considered his own nuclear deterrent. Russia and the U.S. alone had thousands of nuclear warheads that could destroy the planet 10 times over. Big Boss is considered equal to that force. That says a lot.

#3 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

OK that's cool. I've been extremely busy myself lately. Don't know if you've noticed, but I've been real casual on the Vine of late.

I'll try to engage over the weekend sometime, if not, you might have to be patient and wait till next week ...

Cheers.

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (11425 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nickzambuto:

OK that's cool. I've been extremely busy myself lately. Don't know if you've noticed, but I've been real casual on the Vine of late.

I'll try to engage over the weekend sometime, if not, you might have to be patient and wait till next week ...

Cheers.

No problem, whenever you're ready. I was just bored and figured I would get the thread out :P

I have noticed you're recent lax in posting, glad you replied to the thread to at least let me know you're still out there xD