CaV: Malgus (Rexorr) Vs. Starkiller (Eisenfauste)

• 55 results
Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Starkiller (Eisenfauste)

No Caption Provided

Malgus (Rexorr)

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Standard gear
  • Morals off
  • Combatants stand 20 yards away facing each other

Battlezone

No Caption Provided

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr Its up. You want to go first? Since I'm using Starkiller you could pull some feats from False Emperor Malgus if you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tag my nips into this when you're done

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAG ME BBYS

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes please!! Looks good fellas.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Tag for votes please. ^__^

This looks like Eisenfauste's debate to lose, IMO.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste Ohhhh, this gonna be tough. Lemme come up with something.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Take as long as you need, my primary source was thrown out because of water damage so I need to go to my library and get another.

@dccomicsrule2011 Pffft just because you don't like him don't mean he can't take on Malgus!!!! ;) I will make sure to tag you.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@eisenfauste:

Pffft just because you don't like him don't mean he can't take on Malgus!!!! ;)

..wait, I thought that idiom meant you had the definitive edge for this match-up? O_o

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Changed my avatar for the event. Lets get started:

Darth Malgus

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose. The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."―Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus. A Sith true to the Empire, he has risen up through war and constant conflict. A hardened warrior, he has fought the likes of Satele Shan, a powerful Jedi Master, and many others. Malgus has shown devastating Force power & control, and is also an intimidating foe on the battlefield and in a duel, and has gone to the point of achieving Oneness with the Force, a near impossible feat, only possible for very few select Force users. I believe Malgus has the advantage here because of his superior dueling skills, his incredible Force powers and his tolerance to pain. Some examples:

Force Power

No Caption Provided

False Emperor Malgus force chokes a full Sith strike team as he charges one of its members

Dueling Prowess and Speed

Malgus forms a shield out of his lightsaber:

The red line of his weapon spun so fast in his hand it expanded into a shield.

Source: Deceived

He forms a red smear with his blade:

He closed the distance between them rapidly. The red line of Malgus's lightsaber moved so quickly it blurred into a red smear.

Source: The Third Lesson

Credit to- @shootingnova's Malgus Respect Thread

Pain Tolerance

http://youtu.be/cQjBJJ34yWE

From 3:37

He gets his face blown up by a grenade, and then is blown through rock by Satele Shan, yet still survives.

He has gone to the point of killing his lover in order to feed off of the rage it grants him. This shows that Darth Malgus has all the aspects he needs to take on Starkiller for a majority: superior dueling skill, comparable Force power and extreme pain tolerance.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords Didn't you have some other descriptive feats of speed for Malgus in the Third way?

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yeah, I won't be able to answer often, usually during afternoons. (Eastern American Time)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

Pffft just because you don't like him don't mean he can't take on Malgus!!!! ;)

..wait, I thought that idiom meant you had the definitive edge for this match-up? O_o

It does :P

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Nice post I will have mine up sometime later tomorrow!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: why did u do this to me!!! u wouldnt do the Halo CaV! XD

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intro

Starkiller as you may all know is a clone of the forcer user Galen Marek. He was apprenticed to Darth Vader who sought to use him as a tool for his vengeance. Starkiller would abandon apprenticeship and join the early rebellion movement and fight for his love Juno and his hatred for Vader.

Dueling Ability

I believe this will be an important facet of the fight, Starkillers win won't hinge on this but it nevertheless will aid him in beating Malgus

Starkiller practiced Juyo and Soresu

-Source: Starwars.wikia.com

He employs both Juyo and Soresu in combat meaning he can switch back and forth between an agressive lightsaber form and sink into a highly defensive form quite comfortably.

He has also fought Vader quite evenly and can be seen as a comparable duelist.

They fought like the Sith Lords of old, raging back and forth across the roof of the spire, uncaring what happened around them, Starkiller maintained his efforts to get to Juno, and Darth Vader did everything in his power to stop him. Neither would capitulate, Neither would be the first to break. Their wills were locked.

-Source: The Force Unleashed II Novelization

What makes this pretty impressive is Vader's dueling ability during this time period. Vader before his prime and emotional unstable as well as unused to his new body stomped a group of Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters

-Credit to dccomicsrule2011

My image upload isn't working, read from right to left. As can be seen Vader kills Jedi Knight Sia-Lan-Wezz and Jedi Master Ma'Kis before they can react.

Vader also casually stomped two jedi who were working in tandem and utilizing radically different lightsaber styles

And so Forte and Kulka went in as a team, each of them employing a radically different lightsaber style determined to off-ballance Vader. But Vader merely stood like a statue, his blade angled toward the ground until the very instant the two Jedi unleashed their assault. Then, as the three blades joined in a scatterings of dazzling light and grating static sounds, he moved. Forte and Kulka were skilled duelists, but Vader was not only faster than Starstone remembered him being on Murkhana against Master CHatak, but also more agile.

He employed his awesome power to put a quick end to the fancy twirling of his opponents, who fell back against the hammering blows of Vader's bloodshine blade. Time and again the two Jedi KNights attempted to alter their style, but Vader had an anser for every lunge, parry and riposte. His style borrowed elements from all techniques of combat, even from the highest, most dangerous levels, and his moves were crisp and unpredictable. In addition, his remarkable foresight allowed him to anticipate Forte's and Kulka's strategies and maneuvers his blade always one step ahead of theirs, notwithstanding the two-handed grip he employed. Toying with the Jedi, he graced Forte on the left shoulder, then on the right thigh; Kulka, he pierced lightly in the abdomen, then shaved away the flesh on the right side of the Ho'Din's face.

-Source: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

What is notable about Vader's dueling style is that it is a hybridization of many different styles designed to throw off an opponent and open gaping holes in an opponents defense. He also utilizes his enhanced strength to smash through an enemies defenses.

As I previously have shown Starkiller was able physically deal with Vaders powerful blows and summarily defend against his unorthodox lightsaber style. That being said I could concede that Malgus is a slightly better duelist seeing as a he defeated the Battlemaster Kao Cen Darach, mostly because of a strength disparity, as well as Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Whom was able to casually scythe through a number of Sith Warriors during the sack of Coruscant.

I don't think the dueling skill disparity between them is that large tbh. Malgus is more used to employing rage and brute strength to batter an opponent into submission something that won't work here. If Starkiller ever feels pressured by Maglus's lightsaber assault he could easily switch into Soresu and start abusing his awesome force powers.

Force/Telekinesis

This area is where Starkiller shines and I will show that he utterly surpasses Malgus in raw force ability.

While escaping Kamino he rips up a column and uses it to smash several AT-ST's into the ocean. During this feat he never once strains or shows as if he exerts any kind of noticeable effort.

His arrival took the squadron of stormtroopers guarding the facility by surprise, but they reacted quickly enough. Sirens sounded. Blaster rifles came up to target him. Three AT-STs standing guard over the landing platform clanked and began to turn.

Starkiller bared his teeth. His heart beat with an excitement he hadn't felt since his awakening in Vader's laboratory. This was why he had been made. This was why he existed.

He reached out with his hands and flexed his will. The Force responded, swelling and rising in him like an invisible muscle. A nearby communications tower groaned and twisted. Sparks flew. He wrenched the tower down and sideways, sweeping it over the platform, knocking the AT-STs into the ocean and crushing the stormtroopers gathering to rush him.

Destroys platforms, and uses amniotic tubes as flying missiles. This happens while he is deflecting blaster bolts from multiple sources.

He fought his way into the second tower against a steady rain of blasterfire, while at the same time defending his back. He buckled lofty platforms, ripping stormtroopers to their deaths far below. He used cloning tubes as flying bombs, turning the floor underfoot slick with spilled amniotic fluids. He peeled plates from the walls and sent them flying into clutches of stormtroopers too time-consuming to confront head-on.

That's it for now. Both these showings outshine Malgus in terms of TK strength mainly because he does both pretty casually. Malgus at best has tossed back a crowd of people and several ton vehicles, held a shuttle, and held up durasteel debris IIRC. He has never shown the strength to rip up a column and homerun several AT-ST's (which are in the 10-20 metric tonne range) off a platform.

Speed

I personally see them as pretty comparable in terms of speed with neither holding much of an advantage over the other

Starkiller fights vader and their blades move fast enough that they are a blur.

They were exchanging rapid blows along the edge of the buckled platform, blades swinging so fast they were visible only as blurs.

-Source: TFU II

He reacts fast enough to send a force wave to deflect blaster bolts after they were fired and subsequently tosses the shooters off the platform as well.

The weapons' muzzles flashed-

-and at that very instant a massive force struck her and the guards, flinging her backward so hard she thought her chains might break her wrists. The stormtroopers effectively disappeared, swept off the top of the spire in an instant. The shots they had fired all missed, deflected by the powerful force.

-Soruce: TFU II

Why Starkiller Wins

• Comparable dueling ability
  • Comparable speed
  • Vastly more powerful in the force. As the fight progresses malgus is going to have to defend himself from columns being tossed his way and lightsaber attacks simultaneously. As well as being ragdolled in the force from Starkiller.

@rexorr You're up

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rexorr

@eisenfauste Here I go:

Dueling-

Malgus was an exceptionally talented duelist, and could very well take on the likes of Starkiller easily enough:

Darth Malgus was an exceptionally talented duelist and specialized in using rage and brute strength to defeat his opponents.

Showing he was an exceptional duelist:

Darth Malgus relished engaging in combat on the front line.[14] He was personally responsible for the deaths of several highly skilled Jedi Masters.

Taking down 2 powerful Jedi Masters: Kao Cen Darach, a Jedi Battlemaster capable of fighting both him and Vindican at the same time, eventually killing the later, and Ven Zallow, considered one of the best duelists of the Order at the time.

His rage allowed him to do things beyond what the physical body could accomplish.He also used acrobatics and strength to give him a great advantage over his foes:

Aside from his overwhelming physical strength, which served him well not only in lightsaber duels but also in hand to hand combat, Malgus also often performed acrobatics to increase his effectiveness in lightsaber combat. His speed was such that a normal human found it difficult to watch his movements in his duels.

Now, I will compare their heights:

Starkiller: 6 feet, or 1.85 meters tall

Malgus: 7.2 feet, or 2.2 meters tall

Again I will state:

'his overwhelming physical strength, which served him well not only in lightsaber duels but also in hand to hand combat'

Darth Malgus can very easily overpower Starkiller who's dominant dueling feat was being on-par with Vader, someone of his approximate height.

He vented his rage in a continuous roar as he unleashed a furious series of blows: an overhand slash that Adraas parried; a low stab that Adraas barely sidestepped; a side kick that connected to Adraas's side, broke ribs, and flung Adraas fully across the narrow axis of the hall. He crashed into a column and the impact split it as would lightning a tree.

Aryn fell fully into the Force, raised her defenses, took a fighting stance, and parried Malgus’s two-handed overhand slash. Still, he landed in a cocoon of power, hitting the ground in an explosion of might that shattered the stones around them and turned them into a hail of shrapnel.

Malgus has the clear advantage in strength, and thus, also in lightsaber combat.

Force Power

While Starkiller has the clear advantage over Malgus in terms of TK, Malgus has other advantages he can use to help him as he battles Starkiller:

Force Choke-

Choking 3 members of the Sith strike team in SWTOR, all the while chasing the last member around the throne room:

No Caption Provided

False Emperor Malgus force chokes a full Sith strike team as he charges one of its members

Force Lightning-

Takes out 3 Jedi Masters with a single blast of lightning:

In one instance, Malgus unleashed a powerful blast of Force lightning and killed 3 Jedi with it.

Force Maelstrom-

Darth Malgus was also a practitioner of Force Maelstrom, so he can be shown to rival Starkiller in this area:

Darth Malgus was also proficient in this ability, using it to devastating effect on the unprepared enemy.

Force Speed-

Malgus also used force speed to augment his dueling speed and prowess, making him even more terrifying foe on thebattlefield:

Malgus often used Force speed to augment his physical movements.[8] When Malgus engaged Jedi Knight Aryn Leener in a duel, an observer attempted to watch them but could not properly see their movements because of their immense speed.

I believe that all of these components will help Malgus take a decisive win in this battle.

@eisenfauste

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpity-bump bump bump.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Nice post I'll send a rebuttal your way tomorrow

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Screw it, I'll throw out another response now. YOLO.

Malgus was an exceptionally talented duelist, and could very well take on the likes of Starkiller easily enough:

I did already concede that Malgus is slightly superior in terms of dueling. But Starkiller fighting evenly with a pre-prime Vader is pretty impressive in its own right. Vader as I stated stomped a group of Jedi Masters and Knights, and has casually demolished skilled duelists who weren't holding back. The dueling disparity should be pretty negligible. Malgus won't defeat him quickly enough to stop himself from getting destroyed by Starkiller.

Darth Malgus can very easily overpower Starkiller who's dominant dueling feat was being on-par with Vader, someone of his approximate height.

Starkiller has the physicals to contend with Malgus whom of which won't be overpowering Starkiller anytime soon considering he didn't have a problem handling Vaders powerful lightsaber attacks

Vader, by contrast, was clumsy, and his strikes were mostly vertical. He was, however, a full head taller than Chatak and incredibly powerful.

-Source: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Vader during this time period used his enhanced power and height to batter his opponents into submission. Starkiller fought comparably with him and had the strength to resist his blows without much of a problem. Malgus has a similar fighting style where he prefers to dominate his opponent through strength alone. This strategy isn't going to give him an edge and won't surprise Starkiller in the slightest.

Choking 3 members of the Sith strike team in SWTOR, all the while chasing the last member around the throne room:

This is impressive but seeing as Starkiller clearly has the superior TK advantage he will be able to break out of any force choke that Malgus attempts on him. To reiterate just how much more powerful Starkiller is in terms of the force than Malgus here is his most impressive showing,

There was only one thing he could do, and although he knew he wasn't likely to survive, he didn't hesitate. What was death when the love of his former life was at stake? Besides, anything was possible. Dying, as he had thought once before, always seemed to bring out the best in him.

With his mind and all the power of the Force, Starkiller embraced what remained of the frigate beneath him-and blew it into a billion pieces

The ship was almost upon them when the figure brought his hands down in a fierce, pounding motion, and the last solid fragment of the Salivation exploded into fiery pieces.

-Source: TFUII

While telekinetically shielding himself from temperatures rivaling that of the outer reaches of a star, he blasts 150 meters worth of a Nebulon B frigate to pieces.

Takes out 3 Jedi Masters with a single blast of lightning:

This is impressive but Starkiller can weather that kind of storm,

They would wait until he was distracted and attack him from behind, or come at him from three directions at once, or even use one of their fellow clones as an impromptu conductor. Deadly currently crackled and sparkled around him, kept barely at bay by the judicious application of a force shield. Sometimes a lucky strike caused him pain, but he fought through it, found the source, and put the attack quickly to an end.

-Source: TFUII

Two things,

1. He held up a force barrier that deflected a force lightning onslaught from a mass of Galen Marek clones

2. He also is able to fight back with the force barrier up.

Any lightning attack by Malgus can and will be stopped by a force barrier and at the same time Starkiller is more than capable in replying in kind and he is boasting what I would say is far superior force lightning,

Instead of a wild crackle of lightning, he discharged a single pure bolt into the metal anchor, stabbing deep through the creature's chest into its heart Its back arched. A strange, fluting cry emerged from its mouth. Starkiller rode out the spasm, maintaing the electric shock for as long as he was able. Muscular waves rolled back and forth, twisting him from side to side. It felt like a groundquake---a fleshquake on a planet-sized monster.

He is able to fire a bolt of lightning powerful enough to take down a monster this sized,

No Caption Provided

Darth Malgus was also a practitioner of Force Maelstrom, so he can be shown to rival Starkiller in this area:

Irrelevant. Starkiller has the TK to shield himself from this so it won't be giving Malgus any sort of edge.

Malgus also used force speed to augment his dueling speed and prowess, making him even more terrifying foe on thebattlefield:

I see them as being pretty comparable in terms of speed. Starkiller has moved his blades till they looked like propellers to deflect blaster fire, moved them so fast they were perceived as blurs etc. And was able to keep up with Vader quite comfortably whom has moved faster than an eye blink before. So again not an edge that Malgus can exploit.

As to the battle itself Starkiller always seem to prefer clashing sabers over using TK. So I see him engaging Malgus in a duel. Once this begins to drag out he's going to start throwing in other elements to win the battle like lightning, force blasts, throwing debris etc. If Malgus begins to win the duel I don't see Starkiller holding back who I have displayed has the ability to ragdoll Malgus but the only thing stopping him from doing so at the beginning is his character. Once that happens Malgus will be defeated, he can't fend off debris, lightning, and force blasts of the magnitude that Starkiller can bring to the table.

To sum up the force disparity is too large between them for Malgus to survive an force onslaught from Galen's clone.

@rexorr Your move

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste Man, I hate using someone who only appears twice overall against a guy who has a thousand feats. I post my rebuttal later tonight.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr: Malgus has some decent feats you just have to crack open Deceived for most of his good ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont tag me for votes, but do it anyway just to annoy me hueuhe XD

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste Hey sorry for ruining this, but I think i'm pretty much done here. Looked it up, and not much more I can bring up. You'll probably win, but time for votes.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

deadwill_260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By default Eisen wins, you gave up Rexorr and should of used the novel to back up Malgus more, but you didnt not saying its bad, its okay to know when u quit, but when u create a personal CaV both people understand both sides or at least have decent knowledge on them, if this was a tourny it'd be different, but its not its a personal one, and with that said no only did u give up Eisen was able to get u to quit per say he encouraged u, but he just idk smacked down and stuff, but u both did good at what u did just dont give up so easily. Anyway Winner is @eisenfauste, good try @rexorr

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goin with Eisenfauste

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp Well, I did go with the book, but there wasn't much else I could do after his 2nd post... I guess I could've done something else after.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste won lol. There was no real rebuttal for Starkiller's power, and there isn't really one anyway regardless of whether a better case could have been made.

Nice debate though.

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Eisenfauste as well, though not by a particular huge amount. I think both efforts were solid, but Eisenfauste just wanted it more.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for voting guys!

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Vote goes to you for the reasons I like swords stated.....