CaV Luther Strode vs Dark Ryu (Votes Needed)

• 57 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching. Good luck to you both.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 I think you're going for an uphill battle :P Good luck mate. Interested in more UDON debates.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

@ghostravage said:

@cadencev2 I think you're going for an uphill battle :P Good luck mate. Interested in more UDON debates.

.... yeah, I think i might have backed myself in a corner lol.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luther

Speed:

This is what Luther is known for. He is easily faster than most of the people in his tier. He is a causal bullet timer and able to react to sniper rifles.

Durability and Strength:

He is able to punch through solid steel and rips offs limbs like wet toilet paper. Bullets have a hard time getting through his muscles. And, he can create huge craters in the ground by slamming people. He has been thrown through walls and continued to fight with little irritation.

Healing and Pre-cog:

Luther has high speed healing and pre-cog that lets him see 1000 moves his opponent can make. This mixed in with his speed makes him at pro at speed blitzing.

I'll save my game-plan in till I have more knowledge on your team.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BUMP

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg... Luther is a beast.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn street fighter have a hell of a fight here

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@monsterstomp: @dondave: @wolverine08: @cjdavis103: @ghostravage: @infamous_wolf: I am so f**king sry. I have to give you this match. I have no freaking clue why I thought this team I wanted to use would stand a chance against Strode. They really cannot win at all. Very unusual bad judgement in my case.

The only 3 Street fighters I think could fight Strode is Udon Comics is Ryu, Bison, and Akuma .

aaron_mag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: you just need to change the venue of competition. Runway walk off ala Zoolander and Chun-li and Cammy win no problem. Plus they are such a cute tag team that Strode will faint on sight of their intro sequence via massive anime nose bleed. Chun-li and Cammy totally got this one oh ye of little faith. ;)

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaron_mag:

Even then it would not work

1. Already has a steady girlfriend

2. Regen the missing blood

3. Still a mismatch

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@cadencev2:

Who draws this Strode guy? It's unreal the sh*t this guy's doing!

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

@cadencev2:

Who draws this Strode guy? It's unreal the sh*t this guy's doing!

The artist is Tradd Moore, he is also drawing the new ghost rider series .

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf:

The artist is Tradd Moore, he is also drawing the new ghost rider series .

Ah. Tradd's got one crazy assed imagination coming up with this dude. It's outta control, mon ami!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokergeist

@infamous_wolf: Would ya be willing to debate this If I changed the Match to fighting Dark Ryu from the Udon Comics?

Cavedweller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: @dondave: @wolverine08: @cjdavis103: @ghostravage: @infamous_wolf: I am so f**king sry. I have to give you this match. I have no freaking clue why I thought this team I wanted to use would stand a chance against Strode. They really cannot win at all. Very unusual bad judgement in my case.

The only 3 Street fighters I think could fight Strode is Udon Comics is Ryu, Bison, and Akuma .

Bison or Akuma maybe but Ryu wouldn't be no different against this guy than Chun-li and Cammy, hes not THAT good. E.Ryu probably could do something but definitely not regular Ryu.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

I am so f**king sry. I have to give you this match. I have no freaking clue why I thought this team I wanted to use would stand a chance against Strode. They really cannot win at all. Very unusual bad judgement in my case.

Bison or Akuma maybe but Ryu wouldn't be no different against this guy than Chun-li and Cammy, hes not THAT good. E.Ryu probably could do something but definitely not regular Ryu.

True enough.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: yea I'm fine with going up against dark ryu. Are you going to make a new thread or just change this one?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: yea I'm fine with going up against dark ryu. Are you going to make a new thread or just change this one?

I will change this one.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

@heraldofganthet: If you like his art of this character. You should check out his deviant art page. He has some really cool drawings of other characters.

@cadencev2: ok

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@infamous_wolf: Done, Want to keep your opener? If yes, I will make mine shortly in a few hours.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: ok you can start posting feats for dark Ryu. I'll my a counter after I finish eating sushi with my family :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: ok you can start posting feats for dark Ryu. I'll my a counter after I finish eating sushi with my family :)

Well Luther is fast, and he is strong as all get out. So is Ryu however.

Ryu is the reigning Street Fighter Champion in the world. He has won this title the first time against Sagat who was the champion for executive tournaments, never once beaten.

No Caption Provided

Sagat actually outright almost beaten Ryu who breezed through the matches till reaching Sagat. Once Sagat was reached, Ryu nearly lost till he went just for a second Dark Ryu on Sagat with a modified Shoryuken that slice Sagat open like a Tomatoe to a knife.

His stats in the Street fighter comics is above peak human and clearly superhuman.

Examples include being unfazed from the explosion shockwaves of this C4 packed building. Withstanding straight fire from Dhalsim Yoga Flame. As well 2 feats in this scan of being blown through a solid stone wall and blocking a kick so strong that the force breaks the stone road under Ryu's feat. All this is Normal Ryu as well, not even into his slightly amped stats as Dark Ryu.

No Caption Provided

Ryu here Shoryuken ups a waterfall showing that speed and momentum of this Special Move.

No Caption Provided

Heck Ryu even fought unhindered in the lava eruption of a Volcanoe through all the smoke, and heat against Akuma.

As for Speed, Ryu has fought and countered Street Fighters who all show insane stats and powers. Ryu manages to keep up with them and beat them back. the Stat increase as Dark Ryu is futher evidence when I bring it up.

Now Luther has Precog which is immensely helpful, and he has Healing Factor like no other. Ryu however has Unique Special Moves and Range Attacks as well a special dash.

Shoryuken is the favor KO attack of Ryu. Its a Chi focused punch that tends to KO 90% of the super human street fighters he hits with it.

No Caption Provided

As Dark Ryu, this ability cuts like a razor as you seen with Sagat.

He also has the favored Tatsumaki Sempukyaku, or Hurrican Kick, that he likes to use.

This Chi powered kick is a 360 degree attack that has broken through Akuma's blocks, send Rufus flying hundreds of feet, and taken out 5 grown men dog piling Ryu.

The last and most popular attack of his is the Hadoken.

This move is Ryu focusing his chi into a powerful Kinetic blast. The power of it is pretty impressive. He has blown the side of a building out with it, blast it up stream of a rushing river, and it takes out huge chunks of stone with each blast. However this move is not his only version of it. He has a overcharge form of it as well.

The Regular Hadoken is powerful but the Tiger Strike used by Sagat overpowers it easily

As we see in both fights with Sagat here. This Shinku Hodoken however is a different beast.

No Caption Provided

The Shinku Hadoken is a Super Beam version that can blow up large buildings and KO fighters like Sagat in one shot.

A move that can easily put the hurt on Luther in a pinch. I will simply state Ryu advantages in this fight is his massive skill, range abilities, and special move sets.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cadencev2: lets hope you have used all your scan

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokergeist

@smxlr8 said:

@cadencev2: lets hope you have used all your scan

Ryu is not as scan heavy as my other favs :)

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: The feats you have shown me while they are great are not in Luther's league. Ryu's speed is no where near Luther's. I highly doubt Ryu has the speed to react to machine guns and snipers. A lot of Ryu's stronger attacks seem to have a charge time. With Luther's pre-cog he is going to be able to easily counter those (looking at you Shinku Hadoken). If Ryu even thinks of trying to charge that up this happens

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luther is not going to sit there like Sagat day dreaming on while an attack is coming. It also seems that all of Ryu's note worthy attacks use chi which I assume he can not just spam and weakens him. From the scans it looks like in character Ryu likes to fight hand to hand at first. This will be a VERY fatal mistake on Ryu's part.

Overall

Ryu is lacking in some of the most important spot. His basic punching and kicking stats will do nothing to even faze Luther. All the attacks that have to POTENTIAL to hurt Luther have a charge time. Which Luther's pre-cog will have already seen. One well place punch from Luther and Ryu loses his head or a limb. Yes, Ryu has way more skill and training. But, the overall gap in their power will be to much for Ryu to handle.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: The feats you have shown me while they are great are not in Luther's league. Ryu's speed is no where near Luther's. I highly doubt Ryu has the speed to react to machine guns and snipers. A lot of Ryu's stronger attacks seem to have a charge time. With Luther's pre-cog he is going to be able to easily counter those (looking at you Shinku Hadoken). If Ryu even thinks of trying to charge that up this happens

Luther is not going to sit there like Sagat day dreaming on while an attack is coming. It also seems that all of Ryu's note worthy attacks use chi which I assume he can not just spam and weakens him. From the scans it looks like in character Ryu likes to fight hand to hand at first. This will be a VERY fatal mistake on Ryu's part.

Overall

Ryu is lacking in some of the most important spot. His basic punching and kicking stats will do nothing to even faze Luther. All the attacks that have to POTENTIAL to hurt Luther have a charge time. Which Luther's pre-cog will have already seen. One well place punch from Luther and Ryu loses his head or a limb. Yes, Ryu has way more skill and training. But, the overall gap in their power will be to much for Ryu to handle.

Glad you brought up the speed and attack strength of Ryu.First I wnt to make sure I get across how durable Ryu really is as well. I t may seem like Luther would punch holes, but I doubt it.

This is Balrog, his punches are so powerful, they level Vans in one hit as well blow out Punching Bags filled with Cinderblocks!

Yet Ryu is fully able to tank these hits from this murdering fighter over and over in the face. His durability is high enough to block attacks from Strode.

Its time to show the difference between Ryu, and Dark Ryu.

Ryu for all his awesomeness is but a pale shadow to the power of his Dark self. When focusing on winning, and nothing, Ryu is able to tap the same power of Akuma. This Dark Hadou, or as it is called the Murderous Intent, amps Ryu considerably.

Dark Ryu attacks all become empowered by his Chi. What starts as merely Stone Shattering now turns into earth cratering. Dark Ryu Speed also increases so much that he leaves after images as well.

Everything about Dark Ryu is stronger, faster, and more powerful than Ryu.

Dark Ryu Attacks also are more lethal.

His speed like wise picks up alot. We see this in the form of his fights with himself and Akuma.

Akuma speed is so fast he literaly counters, blitz, and leaves after images in his fights against Ken and Ryu. Akuma is just so dang much faster than them, as well tougher, and stronger.

Here he is again kicking a more prepared, and trained Ryu with ease.

Yet for all this advantages in stats, Dark Ryu easily counters, and blitzes Akuma.

No Caption Provided

Akuma never stood a chance here.

There is also more examples of Dark Ryu speed and Energy Amps. Like his battle against Cody, a well known Final Fight character.

Cody easily beats Ryu, then gets curbstomped by Dark Ryu.

Ryu get stomped by his dark self in a astral plane like battle in speed, strength, and even Hadoukens.

So overall Dark Ryu is quite superior to the showings of Ryu and speed wise by feats can keep up. Ryu Durability is also strong enough to tank hits. Ryu own Chi power attacks allow him to cut like razors and launch super fast Hadoukens at full Power.

Now you also say Luther can dodge what seems like long time charges of Hadoukens. This too is false. The Hadoukens can and have been fire in rapid speeds. The Shinku Hadouken was pulled off right after Sagat fired his Tiger Strike which is insane fast in itself.

No Caption Provided

Here is a good example of the Hadouken being charged and fired while Dark Ryu is still leaving After Images of his speed increase. Now you also mention Precog to help see and dodged these attacks. Well it does help, but not to a degree it will win it for Luther here. his Precog is limited to what he sees, and only the immediate moves. He cannot for example see how the battle will play, only what Ryu intends to possibly do next. Dark Ryu's special moves are all done in combos.

No Caption Provided

Like we see here, Dark Ryu's special moves are comboed with each other. A Hadouken followed by a slicing Shoryuken.This applies to his punches and kicks that can allow Ryu to throw in a Special Move in mid attack.

Another thing to note beside the speed and strength to harm Luther as Dark Ryu is his Special Moves cut like razors. Dark Ryu is a blood thirsty version of Ryu who want to kill his foes. His Shoryukens cut with the Chi Energy put into them, as well his Hurricane Kicks.

No Caption Provided

This Hurricane Kick actually cut Ken's long hair like scissors.

Summary

All these attack Dark Ryu are using is going to slice and cut Luther up pretty good, adding to the damage. Combos of powerful Hadoukens and the uber powerful Shinku Hadouken makes it more damaging to Strode from range. Add in the strength of attacks from Chi energy into his every move will also make the simple moves painful for Luther. Speed wise Dark Ryu can not only compete, but is better. He already tags Bullets timers all the time in the comics, and he blitzes even the fastest of the street fighters when Dark Ryu. Even leaves after images or seems to disappear out right to foes. Durability wise he can tank and for sure block any of Strode's attacks. Since this version is blood lusted but still retains the skills of Ryu normal self, I see no reason why Strode would fair any better than Akuma or Cody did.

Dark Ryu can take this and has more options at his disposal than blunt attacks which include cutting attacks and range attacks..

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Counter

It seems that you keep on mentioning that Ryu's attacks are going to slice up Luther. Well while they may, Luther has been through it before.So even if Luther if it he is going to fight like it never happened. You also seemed to forget Luther's high level of healing. (healed from intestines being removed form his body.) A few hair cutting attacks are of no concern.

No Caption Provided

Luther doesn't only have blunt attacks . As I have mentioned Luther can make his hands into blades. If DR thinks this is a regular "karate chop". This happens:

No Caption Provided

In all the feats you have shown me D.R has only faced opponents that used blunt attacks. Not against someone who cuts through people like off brand butter. Now that I think about it DR is only use to fighting against traditional fighters. Luther is not a traditional fighter. He is UNPREDICTABLE. Whose to say if Luther gets into a pinch he won't decide to shoot his tooth out like a bullet. Which he did but I can't find a good pic of it.

PS: How fast do you have to be to create an after image? Is it even quantifiable?

Overall

Luther biggest advantage is that he is unpredictable. Yes Hadouken and Shinku Hadouken are strong but they DO have a charge time. Which creates a window for Luther to dodge it. I'm not saying they are slow but Luther is just faster. DR seems to be pretty durable. But Luther has been shot and has had limbs broken but continue to fight. Luther was fighting against people who had similar to higher stats then him and WAS winning. DR's body is strong against blunt attacks but how about solid steel and body slicing attacks? My stance on this fight remains the same.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pokergeist

@infamous_wolf:

It seems that you keep on mentioning that Ryu's attacks are going to slice up Luther. Well while they may, Luther has been through it before.So even if Luther if it he is going to fight like it never happened. You also seemed to forget Luther's high level of healing. (healed from intestines being removed form his body.) A few hair cutting attacks are of no concern.

It should be a concern as the damages add up. Luther Strode and people like him can be killed from Decapitation or Dismemberment in the comics. Hurrican Kick or Shoryuken that head off will end Strode. Im Confident the Hadoken can blow Strode to pieces. He is not that durable at all unlike Street Fighter characters who show tremendous resistance to explosive, fire, electrical, and Blunt damage attacks like Ryu and other street Fighters have shown.

Luther doesn't only have blunt attacks . As I have mentioned Luther can make his hands into blades. If DR thinks this is a regular "karate chop". This happens:

Im not too worried about this for the obvious reasons.

1) Luther Strode uses that attack on squishy humans. Ryu Durability Feats >>>>> to any Squishy Human by miles. Ryu has blocked attacks that shatter earth and stone with ease.

2) Dark Ryu and Akuma fail to do damage to Ryu with the same slicing attacks Ryu use to slice up Sagat.

No Caption Provided

Akuma uses same Shoryuken with Dark Hoadou, and nothing cut wise happens to Ryu.

No Caption Provided

Here is Dark Self uses the same Shoryuken attack on him with no slicing cut.

Im not really thinking Luther is chopping through anything. I seen Luther have his guts punched into and suffer wound from blunt damage. Ryu does not have that problem. he can still be stabbed or shot I suppose since it is piercing damage. But Luther hands arein no way Knife hands. Luther simply uses speed and strength to use Blunt objects to dismember.

Examples:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ply wood through a tree! Wooden Plank through a tree! All done thanks to hurricane force winds. Combination of strength and speed.

Luther does not have Razor Sharp Hands, and Ryu durability feats suggest heavily he can inseed block that.

In all the feats you have shown me D.R has only faced opponents that used blunt attacks. Not against someone who cuts through people like off brand butter. Now that I think about it DR is only use to fighting against traditional fighters. Luther is not a traditional fighter. He is UNPREDICTABLE. Whose to say if Luther gets into a pinch he won't decide to shoot his tooth out like a bullet. Which he did but I can't find a good pic of it.

Unpredictable fighters are annoying, but they are just that, untrained. Ryu has fought tons of Unpredictable fighters with strange moves.

Ruffus using a unpredictable and super human rapid punch. A good feat from Ryu blocking the rapid punches of this attack with ease.

Here is Adon, using insane Jumps and strange lunge attacks that Ryu counter very easily.

Here Ryu holds his own quite well against Dhalsim, who then ends the match due to Ryu starting to go Dark Ryu on him. Dhalsim stretches his body in impossible ways, breaths fire, and levitates. Cannot get more unusual than that in fighting styles. Dhalsim also can read your mind, yet Ryu getting ready to go Dark Ryu cause Dhalsim to end the match.

Luther brings nothing unusual in fighting ability or moves to the table here.

PS: How fast do you have to be to create an after image? Is it even quantifiable?

Much Faster than Human perception. You can also do it via tricks of lights and such, since Dark Ryu and Akuma use this after image technique and counter easily the fastest Street Fighters in the Comics with ease, I assume pretty much it is not a visual light trick they are doing. they are simply that dang fast. More than fast enough to keep up with Strode.

No Caption Provided

My final opponion is Dark Ryu has the attacks to seriously harm or even kill Strode.

Ryu has way better Durability overall vs Strode healing Factor. I see no reason why a Shin Hadouken or even Building busting Hadouken cannot cause the not so durable Strode Body to explode from the force unlike the more tougher Street Fighters. I see nothing strode can do to counter any Special move or Chi Amp attack Ryu Makes.

No Caption Provided

Ryu wins this match as Dark Ryu I think.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Alright, Do you want the voting to began?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figure you may want to at least make one more post to counter mine. If not then yeah, we can go to votes.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Already?

@infamous_wolf said:

I figure you may want to at least make one more post to counter mine. If not then yeah, we can go to votes.

Luther has very limited feats (12 issues). I don't like re illustrating and posting the same feats over and over again. In the end its up to the people.

PS: Have you read Street Fighter Origins: Akuma?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: NO I have not yet. Im hoping to get it for Christmas or after X-mas.

Hope its good, I felt underwhelm of the Chun Li Series.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: NO I have not yet. Im hoping to get it for Christmas or after X-mas.

I just wanted to know because I was thinking of picking up some of the UDON Street Fighter comics. They look cool from what you have shown me. Should I get the Street Fighter Classic Vol 1 or where do I start?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

I just wanted to know because I was thinking of picking up some of the UDON Street Fighter comics. They look cool from what you have shown me. Should I get the Street Fighter Classic Vol 1 or where do I start?

Start with Vol 1. They all have high quality Art and they are all connected into a gripping Story.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf said:

@cadencev2 said:

Start with Vol 1. They all have high quality Art and they are all connected into a gripping Story.

Street Fighter Classic Vol 1 is going into my cart! Can't wait to read it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokergeist

@infamous_wolf: I think you will. Even if your not a fan of the game, the Comic Series is done well while having little to do with the Game canon.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Add to the title of this thread voting open.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: @infamous_wolf:

I originally thought the Ryu would win by a mile, but you @infamous_wolf have made a very compelling case for Luther Strode in this thread. Dude is crazy tough, crazy fast, and with precog this is a much closer fight than I initially thought.

This is a war in the making. I'm stumped. Drat.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very close I am going to need to think on this