CaV: Lunacyde (Captain America) vs Buttersdaman000 (Angel)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

Captain America

No Caption Provided

Vs

Angel

No Caption Provided

It's Angel, the Dark Avenger vs Captain America the Avenger. Both of these heroes fight the good fight against evil, but pitted against each other, who will come out on top??!

Rules and setting:

- Standard Equipment

- No prep; random encounter

- In character; fight to KO, incapacitation, or death

- TV and Comic feats for standard Angel

- Fight takes place here at night; street lamps are on to stimulate a close to daylight equivalent

@lunacyde

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

Well this should be interesting.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000

He needs little to no introduction, he's Captain America, one of the greatest and most legendary street level heroes of all-time. Enhanced to the peak of human potential, the once scrawny Steve Rogers has proven a true hero and inspiration to generations. His strength, speed, reflexes, durability, agility, and other physical stats have been boosted to levels that allow him to do things no real human ever could. His body metabolizes fatigue toxins before they can build up in his body enabling him to exert himself at his peak level far longer than any human ever could. His body is far more resistant to any toxins, illness, drugs, etc that could effect his body or mind than a normal human, sometimes even being completely immune to them. Although not possessing a healing factor per see, his body does work to repair itself faster and more efficiently than that of a normal human.

However the true strength of Captain America is in his mind. Cap posessess an indomitable will, unfaltering heart, and tactical prowess to compete with the best strategists in all of comics. His senses are all enhanced to the peak of human perfection and honed through training to provid ehim the greatest possible advantage in combat. He's a natural leader, and though that will not help much in this situation it does show how much the people around him respect him and his abilities. Cap is capable of planning and strategizing in advance, or improvising tactics as he goes along. His powerfully enhanced mind grants him an eidetic memory, faster than normal thought processes, and the ability to master new skills extremely quickly. This has allowed him to become adept in nearly every martial art known to man, and create his own personal fighting style that is a MMA type blend of elements from several sources. He is considered without a doubt one of the best H2H fighters in the Marvel Universe. Cap has a great deal of experience facing superhuman and other worldly threats throughout his long and prestigious career, and has shown the ability time and time again to formulate plans to overcome more powerful and deadly foes.

His standard gear famously includes his signature Vibranium Shield. This shield is impervious to most conventional means of damage. It's composition and shape allow Cap to throw it with unerring accuracy and great force, as well as allow him to deflect and ricochet it off different objects. Cap's standard suit is water-proof, fire, impact, and electricity resistant, and provides some protection from small arms fire and bladed weapons. It also comes with a communicator, but that is pointless in this situation. He also carries an assortment of different gear in his utility belt that he sometimes puts to use such as first aid items, lock-picks, grenades, etc. Cap is extremely adept in the use of firearms, but typically does not carry them as part of his standard gear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to this fight off the top of my head it seems that Angel most likely has a slight advantage in strength, possibly speed and his healing factor. However, Cap is able to combat these slight disadvantages with his CQC prowess. His ability to process information and strategize on his feet will allow him to use the environment and everything available to his advantage. A perfect example of this is when he holds his own against Iron-Spider in Civil War. Yes, Parker was not trying his hardest, but regardless it show's Cap's ability to fight tactically against physically superior opponents. Cap is by no means weak or slow and I believe he has shown reflexes and agility easily on par with anything Angel has demonstrated.

Cap's shield and suit more than make up for Angel's superior healing abilities, and despite his durability and healing factor Angel can still be killed by a simple stake through the heart. (I acknowledge that this will not be easy). Cap is extremely resistent to blunt force trauma (and also gains a boost from his suit which is designed to be impact resistent. His suit is also highly resistant against stabbing and slashing type attacks. Then there is the fact that Angel will have to get around Steve's shield which is impervious to any kind of damage Angel can dish out, and Steve is masterfully skillful in it's use.

I also recognize that Angel is a very skilled opponent with more than a century of experience. However he has not faced opponents with nearly the level of skill Cap has with any regularity. Due to Cap's hyper efficient learning capabilities and decades of experience himself against opponents just as powerful if not moreso than those Angel has faced experience should not play a major factor in this battle.

In the end Cap will prevail, just as he has over many other foes who outclassed him physically. His indomitable will, tactical genius, and pure fighting skill are going to be too much for Angel to overcome in this match. The shield gives him a very capable defense, and gives him time to spot Angel's weaknesses, or use the environment against him. Cap is going to use all his advantages to the utmost of his ability and pull out a hard fought victory as he has done time and time again.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lunacyde

So, since you said you don't know much about Angel i'll give you some quick background on him and his universe. I'll start with Slayers first, then Vampires and Angel specifically.

A Slayer, commonly known as a Vampire Slayer, is a chosen human female imbued with superhuman powers to combat against demons and evil of all kind. The Slayer line stretches back thousands of years, and each subsequent Slayer possesses the battle experience of the previous one. However, not all Slayers are created equally. While all are well above the average vampire or demon in skill or physicals, some are just born better. The current reigning champ is Buffy Summers, with Faith falling in a close second.

Now vampires are a common demon that Slayers are known for slaying in droves. They are created when a demon parasitic being inhabits the body of a recently bitten human. The humans soul moves on and the demon takes on a twisted version of their personality. As the name Vampire Slayer implies, and like I said above, Slayers destroy vampires. The average vampire is nothing compared to the average Slayer and when one does get a leg up, it's due to outside circumstances. That being said, vampires have a good deal of physical strength and speed. They also possess superior durability, healing factors, immunity to poisons, and so forth. Finally, a vampires bite is one of their most dangerous weapons. Once latched on, the vampire is capable of draining their victim in moments giving them no room to fight back.

Angel is the vampire with a soul. After one hundred+ years of terrorizing the world as Angelus, a curse is placed upon him by a grieving gypsy. He is given his soul back and cursed to live with the knowledge of all the pain he has caused. However, after a few decades of depression he decides to fight the good fight in an effort to make up for all he has done. Proclaimed as the Champion of The Powers That Be, and (mostly) unwavering in his quest to help the helpless, Angel possesses skills and powers far above the average vampire. He faces and defeats foes that would even best a Slayer through a combination of tactical grit, cunning and determination. His grand-progeny, Spike, has even killed two Slayers of his own. Like Captain America, Angel is also considered one of the greatest martial artist of his universe, second only to Buffy Summers.

As far as physicals go, Angel is most likely a bit stronger and faster. Due to Cap's extensive super hero resume, and Angel's hundred+ years of torturing and maiming, their battle experience as a whole, should be even. Cap may have the edge in skill though, but I don't think it's enough to make too much of a difference. Buffy is Angels superior is skill and physicals (by a large margin), yet he still always holds his own against her. Faith, while more prone to a less refined, brutal style, is close or equal to Angel in skill, and superior in strength. Yet, Angel is her better. So, I don't think Cap being the better fighter will change the tide of this battle too much.

Furthermore, Angel possesses a durability and healing factor that makes it very hard to knock him out. On multiple occasions he has suffered wounds or blunt force trauma that would kill a human, Slayer or not, only to get up and walk away. For example, against the Beast, Angel is stabbed through the neck and flung off a skyscraper and gets up moments later.

Cap's shield, however, is definitely a problem and Angel obviously has no way of physically breaking through it's defense. Though, on the other had, Cap isn't going to KO Angel easily with that shield either. He's also known to use the shield as a projectile, and given Angel's tactical skills and reflexes, he could easily grab it out of the air and toss or use it should it become a real problem.

Though Captain America may be one of the most dangerous, well rounded enemies Angel has ever faced, in the end, he will come out the victor. While he may be the better fighter by a margin, Angel's physical superiority coupled with his own will and tactical genius is enough to give him the tough win.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000:

1. Luckily for Cap he has a long and detailed resume of prevailing over opponents who are outright stronger and faster than him. I would say from what I have seen the advantage in each category is only slight, and not enough that it should be difficult for Cap to counter. To me one of the distinct advantages, and reasons I see Cap winning this match is his tactical aptitude and strategic genius. It is beyond a doubt that he is a better tactician than Angel, who is no slouch himself, but not on Cap’s level. Cap will use everything he can bring to the table to put Angel down for the count.

2. Once again it is lucky that Cap has extensive experience fighting opponents who have similar levels of durability to Angel, and healing factors that act in much the same way. Nothing he is going to see out of Angel is going to surprise him, or put him off his game.

3. I agree that Cap is Angel’s superior in fighting skill. He is adept in every fighting style known to man. He has fought the best Marvel has to offer and held his own, being considered one of the very best. I don’t think it will be easy by any means, but neither Buffy nor Faith are anywhere in Cap’s league as far as skill is concerned so how Angel fares against them has little bearing on how he would fare against Cap. If anything that shows that Angel can overcome more physically dominant opponents, not more skilled and tactical opponents.

4. I find it contradictory that you say Buffy is Angel’s superior by a large margin in skill, and that Cap is only slightly superior in skill than Angel. To my knowledge I have never seen H2H skill from Buffy anywhere in Captain America’s league. If you could provide some proof of this that would be interesting.

5. Despite Angel’s impressive durability and healing factor he can be put down by something as simple as a stake to the heart, and since he does not wear armor this makes it a distinct possibility of happening, although I admit that it will not be easy to accomplish by any means.

6. Angel may be tactically inclined and better than most, but he is not superior to Captain America by any stretch of the imagination. Cap is one of the greatest tacticians and strategist on Marvel Earth and in comics at all.

Conclusion: I see a long drawn out battle with blood spilled on both sides, but through tactical brilliance, skill, and sheer willpower Cap will hold on long enough to put the Vampire down for good. Cap has a game changer in his shield which is unbreakable and he is extremely masterful with, and is too well-rounded and too experienced to lose this match the majority of the times. Cap for 7/10

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

1. Angel does as well. Outside of Buffy and Gods, Angel has prevailed against nearly all of his opponents, regardless of how superior they are. While it may be true that Cap has a better tactical and strategic mind, I don't think the advantage is as game changing as you seem to think. While Angel is no real genius, he does have eidetic memory just like Cap. And what he lacks in tactics and strategy, he makes up for in cunning. What separates Cap and Angel here is just how loose they play their morals. Both are good guys, but Angel has no problem fighting dirty. I don't think Cap has the mindset, and that might end up being his downfall.

2. True, I don't think Angel is going to surprise him at all, but how does Cap fair against opponents on his level? As far as getting the KO goes, I mean? As far as I can recall, Angel has only been KOed under the extreme circumstances. Of course, there have been times where he has been KOed when he shouldn't have had. But those times were just as head-scratching as Superman failing to catch a bullet.

3. No real argument here, but I don't think the difference in ability is that big. While Cap is the clear superior, I don't think the difference is a game winner.

4. My bad, I guess that isn't clear. I only meant that Buffy is stronger than Angel by a large margin, not more skilled. As far as their skill go, I would rank Angel her equal or slightly inferior. Honestly, the most evident skill feats are shown in the TV series. I tried looking for videos but they were all either blocked or full of heavy metal music. I can upload some scans for you, but not until friday night.

5. True, he can be taken down with a stake to the heart but many enemies have already tried and failed. Also, he's not incapacitated by wood so the stake must strike true. And lastly, how would Cap know to use a stake?

6. No argument there.

Cap and Angel are too closely matched for either to have an evident, game changing edge over the other. Cap may be the better fighter, but I don't think it's enough to overcome Angels own skill and physical superiority. Cap may be the better tactician, but I don't see how that can truly come into play in a no prep, random encounter battle with this setting. Cap may be skilled with Shield, but, as i'll try to prove with the scans i'll provide tomorrow, Angel is skilled with a plethora of weapons. Also, Cap loves to throw his Shield around which, I think, will actually play against him. Lastly, and I just thought of this, Cap's blood might play against him. Angel proved with Hamilton that he can absorb the power of beings with empowered blood, so Cap's SSS may be his downfall. However, I acknowledge this is a stretch.

In the end though, Angels durability will be his be his biggest asset. The battle will be long and tough, but only one of them has the durability to keep going. Angel will put down Cap eventually for the majority.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lunacyde  Moderator

1. I personally cannot see morals being a difference maker in this scenario. There are no outside factors such as innocent's lives that will come into play and be a hindrance because of his morals. Cap has fought many battles with extremely high-stakes and although he won't scarifice innocent lives for victory, he will do what it takes to finish the mission without putting innocent lives in danger or doing something inherently wrong. Cap has also fought many opponents who are just as cunning and dirty as Angel. He will be on the lookout for such tactics. Also Cap is not only a tactical genius, but he actually can think faster and more efficiently tthan a standard human, and he can instantly change tactics on the battlefield.

2. Cap has enough strength to put his shield through a semi and damage extremely durable opponents like Ultron and Iron Man's Extremis armor. The list of characters Cap has been able to defeat or outfight that were physically superior to him is long and prestigious. Spider-Man, Thunderball, U.S. Agent ,Master Man, Beast, Rhino, Kree warriors, A clone of Namor, Asgardian trolls, and even a vampire with similar physicals to Angel (Blade). I don't think it's a stretch at all that he could deal out damage that could hurt Angel. Cap has also demonstrated pressure point knowledge that has taken down characters more durable than Angel. However KO, is certainly not the only option available to Cap to win this battle.

3. I don't know, usually when other factors are relatively similar or even;y distributed between opponents the more skilled opponent wins. This is true the vast majority of the time. Unfortunately for you, you have to downplay it as a factor because Cap has so much more evidence to suggest he is clearly superior. Quite frankly I think a relatively decent skill gap is much more significant than morals in such a head to head match.

4. If you believe that they have demonstrated skill comparable to Captain America than yes I would like to see it, I will be patient.

5. Many of the others didn't have Captain America's combination of physicals, skill, experience, tenacity, gear and tactical genius. Agreed the stake must strike true, but Cap is a very precise and coordinated fighter, if anyone Angel has faced could do it it would be Cap. Lastly a stake isn't really a very complex weapon lol, people have been using stakes since caveman days. It's a sharpened bit of wood. And it's common knowledge that vampires can be killed by a stake through the heart. That is one of the downfalls of having their weaknesses the same as all pop culture vampires. Cap has an accelerated ability to learn and soak up information, and there are many different vampires in the Marvel Universe, he would be aware of something so commonplace. Add in the fact that it has been stated on panel that Cap can master any weapon in seconds and I think it is fair to say Cap has a decent chance here.

You say that since there is no prep you don't see how Cap's tactical genius comes into play. However Cap doesn't need prep. He has demonstrated time and time again the ability to thiink tactically, plan on the fly, and change tactics in a split second to overcome an enemy. he will use the environment, his opponents weakness, his own strength, it all comes into play and he can process changing battlefield conditions and factors much faster than a normal human. He will use all of this tactical ability, along with his clear edge in skill, his gear, and his other advantages to pull out the win here as he has time and time again. Angel has never fought someone quite like Cap, but Cap has fought characters more or less like Angel multiple times. Cap is not only skilled with his shield, he is skilled with a myriad of weapons and can master any weapon in moments.

I disagree that only one of them has the durability to keep going. Cap alone is exceptionally durable, he has taken blows and strikes from people far stronger than Angel and gotten back up (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Master Man, Namor, . He's fallen from heights of 200+ feet, been struck by cars going 40 MPH, had building collapse on top of him, so on and so forth. He's been shot, stabbed, electrocuted, burned, survived countless explosions. Not to mention he has his indestructible shield that absorbs impact, a suit that is impact resistant, and his enhanced physiology grants him the ability to exert himself to the peak for hours before beginning to tire. He will take down Angel through skill and tactical prowess before this becomes an issue.