CaV: Kir Kanos(Wolfrazer) vs Jango Fett(ILS): VOTING OPEN!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright Viners, here comes another Star Wars battle between two characters! In this battle there shall be 2 high class non-force sensitives duking it out, who shall win? Well that is for you to decide, so let's begin!

In one corner we have someone coming from Sidious' Galactic Empire, more importantly coming from the esteemed group of warriors, the Imperial Royal Guardsmen, it's!

No Caption Provided

Kir Kanos!

VS

In the other corner we have someone coming as a background of a Mandalorian, while also being a bounty hunter and soon enough gained the reputation as being the best hunter in the galaxy. It's!

No Caption Provided

Jango Fett!

==========

Standard Equipment(Kanos gets a T-6 heavy blaster pistol though to go along with his vibrostaff).

EU obviously.

No prior knowledge/No Prep

No Caption Provided

Geonosis battle arena, combatants cannot go into the stands/boxes however.

@i_like_swords Look ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wolfrazer: Awesomeeee you have any preference in going first?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Jango's Advantages

• Being able to use his jetpack to create distance
  • Ranged Attacks
  • Versatility
  • Durability

Kir's Advantages

• Close Combat
  • A small edge in fighting skill
  • A small edge in combat speed

My Take On The Fight

Kir is obviously very highly skilled even from just being an Imperial Guard, never mind his own personal showings. He has a big advantage in close combat with his vibrostaff and has shown speed sufficient to deflect blaster bolts. Jango is going to want to use that jetpack and his weaponry to keep distance here. Which is definitely his first instinct in a fight. However, failing that, he can fight up close and personal too, and I only see him as a little bit behind in hand-to-hand/weapons skill.

Yep, Jango killing Jedi with his bare hands. Now to be fair, they are featless Jedi. All we can really infer here is that they have some degree of lower level Jedi Force enhanced speed, are precognitive like every Force sensitive, and have been trained in combat for a long time. Jango being able to use his surroundings and his training to kill them is pretty impressive. Could Kir do it too? Probably. But it shows Jango can dodge the odd lightsaber/vibrostaff swipe and counter with his own hand-to-hand to devastating effect.

More to the point, though, Jango truly shines when he utilizes his weaponry. He isn't exactly a sniper or anything - because he normally utilizes one or two blasters and then whatever his suit contains - but he can hang around with his jetpack and let the shots fly as an initial assault. Whether this will work or not is up to you to refute. He has been capable of shooting through the defences of a Jedi Council Member, Coleman Trebor.

Loading Video...

However, I know Kir has his own blaster here, so it's not like Boba can fly around for a minute until his jetpack runs out and blast away. But that's alright, because Jango's reflexes are not too shabby themselves. You already saw him being responsive enough to kill multiple Jedi, but here a more rudimentary speed feat. Dodging blaster fire. It seems like it was dodged after it was fired but either way, it's quite impressive.

Just to round off, another problem I see for Kir here is one of Jango's more spread out attacks - his flamethrower. He often employs this in close combat to get the edge on an enemy or just to roast them alive. How would Kir deal with such an assault?

I think Jango can take this fight by playing keep away and using his myriad of weaponry, but he can also challenge Kir in close combat using his hand-to-hand skill.

Just a quick opener. Look forward to your reply!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer

@i_like_swords: Nice going..

Alright so while Jango has killed Jedi and you said yourself they were featless(which they are) and they have what an average featless Jedi would have in pertaining to Force use. HOWEVER....Kanos has already dealt with someone like that, who has actual feats to his name, now who might that be?

Carnor Jax, Imperial Sovereign Protector. The Soveregin Protectors, are the elite within the elite Imperial Guardsmen. Trained in the use of the darkside of The Force(abit just rudimentary), Jax was trained by Lumiya, so already ontop of being a former Shadow Stormtrooper(an elite unit too), while also being a Royal Guardsmen, he was trained in the ways of The Force as shown here...

Some simple TK use sure, but effective enough to crush objects and rip weapons away from non-force sensitives. He can also move large rocks with it too.

Jax has also bested Kanos during their training as Guardsmen, Jax always won in the Squall.

Just to reference that.

Considering their training and so forth, I think both Kanos and Jax could do what Jango did there to those Jedi.

Though I could see Jango being able to hold his own against Kanos, avoiding some hits, I wouldn't say he would last long enough in close combat to defeat Kanos.

Abit moving on though to the blaster effectiveness that Jango carries, I don't see it working out so well for Jango considering that Kanos has avoided blaster fire rather easily.

Also of course blocking blaster fire with his vibrostaff

Also even if he does get shot, Kanos' armor can take some pretty good damage.

The 3rd scan is the afore mentioned rock Jax threw at Kanos and it only cracked his helmet, so I think Jango is gonna be hard pressed to get through the armor and Kanos has also showed some pain tolerance too.

Abit the flamethrower you kinda got me there, I'm sure Kanos doesn't have anything for protection there other than avoiding the flamethrower which he should be able to given his speed.

Now as far as Kanos' blaster is concerned, he isn't that bad of a shot either shown here..

Abit the last scan is with a blaster fire, but all the same it shows he has great marksmanship to hit something that small and thin.

Of course Jango could fly around on his jetpack sure, however I'm sure Kanos could also hit him a few times even then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Alright so while Jango has killed Jedi and you said yourself they were featless(which they are) and they have what an average featless Jedi would have in pertaining to Force use. HOWEVER....Kanos has already dealt with someone like that, who has actual feats to his name, now who might that be?

Carnor Jax, Imperial Sovereign Protector. The Soveregin Protectors, are the elite within the elite Imperial Guardsmen. Trained in the use of the darkside of The Force(abit just rudimentary), Jax was trained by Lumiya, so already ontop of being a former Shadow Stormtrooper(an elite unit too), while also being a Royal Guardsmen, he was trained in the ways of The Force as shown here...

Some simple TK use sure, but effective enough to crush objects and rip weapons away from non-force sensitives. He can also move large rocks with it too.

Jax has also bested Kanos during their training as Guardsmen, Jax always won in the Squall.

Just to reference that.

Considering their training and so forth, I think both Kanos and Jax could do what Jango did there to those Jedi.

Though I could see Jango being able to hold his own against Kanos, avoiding some hits, I wouldn't say he would last long enough in close combat to defeat Kanos.

I don't think this really justifies your argument. Jango killed multiple Jedi with his bare hands in physical combat. Kanos lost to someone with relatively similar training to himself, as well as Force enhancements. He didn't "deal with him" as you put it. I didn't even see a lengthy engagement between them. Not to mention - all we can assume about Jax is that he has the same rudimentary Force control as the four+ Jedi Jango killed, plus a little TK on the side that he wasn't using. Overall, I think Jango killing/one shotting four Jedi is a bit better than Kanos losing to Jax. I think one of the main reasons Kanos would have lost to Jax is because of his identical training in conjunction with the fact he'll be a little bit faster through Force enhancements.

So while I still think we're in agreement that Jango wouldn't win a straight up physical fight here, I think I can make the case he can hold his own. To reinforce that point, here is Jango fighting evenly with Obi-Wan Kenobi using missiles, a grapple hook tie-up, hand to hand and his blasters.

Loading Video...

Would Jango have killed Obi-Wan? Probably not. But he did manage to force a stalemate by tying him up, landed some good shots and held his own. And rather than engaging a blade-wielding opponent directly, he managed to disarm him. Perhaps a similar tactic would be in mind for him in this fight.

Abit moving on though to the blaster effectiveness that Jango carries, I don't see it working out so well for Jango considering that Kanos has avoided blaster fire rather easily.

Also of course blocking blaster fire with his vibrostaff

Also even if he does get shot, Kanos' armor can take some pretty good damage.

The 3rd scan is the afore mentioned rock Jax threw at Kanos and it only cracked his helmet, so I think Jango is gonna be hard pressed to get through the armor and Kanos has also showed some pain tolerance too.

Jango is equally skilled in dodging blaster fire, as shown here when he dodges blaster fire after/as it was being fired from Tor Vizsla, a Mandalorian and leader of Death Watch at that time. (So he's no slouch in marksmanship himself)

Jango hasn't deflected a blaster bolt, however. I think we could theorize that he has the speed to deflect one, like Kanos can, but he hasn't so far so that's why above I gave Kanos a slight edge in combat speed. Although I wouldn't say it's a huge lead seeing as both guys have made pretty big after images before.

No Caption Provided

As for armor durability I'll place them at even. Jango has, like Kanos, tanked the odd hit, although if he's ever had a blaster pointed at his head before he's not been acting like it wouldn't kill him.

No Caption Provided

Abit the flamethrower you kinda got me there, I'm sure Kanos doesn't have anything for protection there other than avoiding the flamethrower which he should be able to given his speed.

Now as far as Kanos' blaster is concerned, he isn't that bad of a shot either shown here..

Abit the last scan is with a blaster fire, but all the same it shows he has great marksmanship to hit something that small and thin.

Of course Jango could fly around on his jetpack sure, however I'm sure Kanos could also hit him a few times even then.

The thing with the flamethrower is, it might not hit Kanos - but it engulfs such a large area that he will be somewhat strained to get out of there. Not to mention it comes from Jango's wrist so it's not like he can anticipate it like blaster fire. Using a flamethrower burst could throw Kanos off and possibly open him up for a blaster shot, or for Jango to come in with his knife gauntlet.

No Caption Provided

So I think up to now we're quite even. Kir has the slightest edge in speed because he's shown the ability to deflect the odd blaster bolt. I'd say they're relatively even in fighting skill, but Kanos has the obvious edge with his vibrostaff. And their armor is pretty even.

Jango may have the X-factor that is versatility, however. As you saw above he has that jetpack missile which was able to throw Obi-Wan off just enough to disarm him. Jango was then able to use his grapple hook to tie the Jedi up. Maybe a similar tactic could be employed here? Then there's the flamethrower which is an unexpected wildcard, which could open Kanos up to a blaster shot which could leave him injured. I think Jango's edge in ranged versatility - which is reinforced by his flight - is a bit more useful than Kanos' edge in close combat. No doubt this fight could come to close combat some of the time, but Jango can hold his own in hand-to-hand just fine, and can then fall back on diversionary tactics like using a poison dart, his unexpected wrist-knife or this harpoon projectile thing he's shown.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer

@i_like_swords: Well that was their training that Kanos lost, when they fought again years later in the squall, Kanos did much, much better and almost had Jax if it weren't for an enemy sniper about to kill Kanos distracting him.

Comparing that fight to this one..

But anyhow moving on...though yes he was able to knock Obi-Wan off balance and disarm him, the moment Jango decided to go upfront about it with Obi-Wan it didn't work out so well compared to later when Jango used his whipcord + Jetpack and all. Plus Obi-Wan was sent to capture Jango not kill him, this may seem kinda of a small difference, but Kanos won't be hindered by morals or a mission to try and take Jango alive.

Though moving onto the whipcord + jetpack tactic that Jango used...while that was effective against Obi-Wan, he sort of wasn't really focusing on Jango at the time as he was moreso going for his lightsaber. Now....of course Jango could probably bind Kanos and drag him around, however Kanos does show some pretty nice strength, so perhaps he could pull Jango down like Obi-Wan did?

1st scan he throws a large dude through a doorway, even destroying a portion of a wall.

2nd scan shows him flipping another large being over to use as a shield. Eh could also take the scan as a speed feat, considering he just blitz'd those 3 guys there.

Of course Obi-Wan did use The Force to plant himself into the ground...so perhaps that wouldn't really work, though I'm rather limited here while Jango gets all his toys. XD

As for Jango using his wrist knife, that could be possible. Though I could see Kanos fighting through it, considering as shown above with his fight with Jax he was stabbed and bashed and also here...

Where Ennix stabbed him(someone who was trained by Vader and isn't a slouch in combat either) and Kanos stood through it.

Abit the posion dart....I'm not entirely should it would be able to get through Kanos' armor, the harpoon...perhaps though the wrist blade could more than likely considering it would be Jango throwing it in.

======

Hmm...well I think I'm done here Swords, can't really think of anything else to put down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I think we've got all the important stuff down. I will say though, about the Obi-Wan fight - it looks like Jango wasn't doing too well in hand-to-hand, but he actually did alright all things considered. He landed a headbutt and a nice little leg reversal on Obi-Wan, while Obi-Wan landed a couple of kicks. You're right about Obi-Wan having morals though, but I guess that's balanced with him being better than Kanos.

Kanos is obviously better than the training matches showed him, after seeing that. I think that reinforces our point that Jango and Kir are pretty even in skill, but I'd still give Kir the edge in hand-to-hand because of his vibrostaff. I agree with the rest of your post.

Shall we stick it to the votes? That seemed quick but I guess it's not too complex of a match up xD

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

All I can do now is compliment both of you. I'll vote when I've read the whole debate.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I vote for you. Versatility takes the win in the super short debate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a surprisingly short debate. Good work both of you - but my vote goes to @i_like_swords.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords gets my vote. He made Jangos feats seem slightly better and he made a better argument for countering Kanos specifically.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeathHero61
Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to give it a full read before I vote. But good job to the both of you.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well I'm new to this whole thing with CaV, this is only my 2nd one, plus Kanos doesn't have much unlike Jango. He doesn't really have a variety of equipment like the other, he mostly relies on his vibrostaff/skills than equipment.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I want to read this so bad, but I will hold off until I can get the Crimson Empire Saga