#1 Edited by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Venom is at it again, but this time it's flash and he seems to have Venom under control. Gambit does not see it like this and has taken it upon himself to go after Agent Venom himself.

Kidman560 (Gambit!)

vs

Oreoassassin (Agent Venom!) First CaV! its so exciting to see a bright new face around!

Flash is in control but can Vulk out! , No death persona for Gambit

Standard Gear

Morals on

Random Encounter, no Prep!

fight takes place in an open park. 25 meters apart!

here we go!

#2 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin its up. i have work today so respond either today or tomorrow if you would like! take your time man no rush!

#3 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8708 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Tomorow ill post and do you want to start it? looks good! Flash is in control but is "vulking out" aloud if he gets pushed too the limit?

#5 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: of course. but i thought that flash had started to get some control when he vulks out?

#6 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: oh and make sure you say this is my first CaV so people dont

laugh too hard xD

#7 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: yeah he has somewhat control when vulking out. and im going to remove the demon factor of Venom

#8 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: alright firs post will be up at around 11: 30 ish!

#9 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: alright here we go ok So Gambit isn't faster or stronger than Flash but Gambit is much more agile and can send out more damage here, and thats the advantage he'll be playing plus his AoE attacks.

Gambit

Card damage

Agility

notice how he fights blade! dodges Machine Gun fire, goes through lasers like a boss, and can do an AoE attack!

so Gambit is going to do his best to keep his distance and launch his cards at Agent Venom, while dodging any tendrils that AV sends out. should the need arise Gambit is more than capable of charging AV should he need too!

#10 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: no problem its way to late (thats why mine was short!)

#12 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9699 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck to the both of you!

#13 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: oh how you have come so far *Tear*

P.S. Lovin' the Wondergirl avatar.

#14 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Ok, so there are two aspects of Venom and feats that i am most proud of and that is Accuracy and Durability. Im gonna start off will durabilty. Flash's healing factor is insane and he can soak ALOT of damage.

Take a look at these babys^^^^. Spears in the chest,A punch from Rulk, a stab to the idea by Toxin in which Venom states hes regenerating, Three explosive arrows and a sonic arrow all being soaked by Flash, a shield bash, electricity, a sword slash and even surviving a GAMMA bomb!!!!

This is a very, very sick durability feat. An 80+ tonner stabbing Venom at close range right through him. Venom states the symbiote was keeping him together.

Surviving a GAMMA bomb!

#16 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: Ok, so there are two aspects of Venom and feats that i am most proud of and that is Accuracy and Durability. Im gonna start off will durabilty. Flash's healing factor is insane and he can soak ALOT of damage.

yes only the Gama bomb feat can be related to the type of attacks Gambit has.

3 cards killed Mr. Sinister how many do you think AV can take i would put more than 7!

This is a very, very sick durability feat. An 80+ tonner stabbing Venom at close range right through him. Venom states the symbiote was keeping him together.

it is very impressive however nothing Gambit hasnt seen before

the man has faught and taken punches from Gladiator, and owned a umm about 70% Juggernaut!

also Gambit is so accurate with his cards

here he cuts the wire of a bomb. so you can bet he'll be tagging Flash a few times!

#17 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560:

Venom can hit Kraven the Hunter with his webbings, someone that was sometimes too fast for Spiderman to even hit and someone that could hit Spiderman. Venom hitting Kraven shows he can web people with high reflexes and speed. He can hit Gambit with webbing and when he does, its game over. (Scan 1)

I dont think he will be capable of charging Venom. The Spider King had Venoms WHOLE HEAD in his mouth and Venom easily got out of it quickly. Gambit comes in too close and one bullet would put him down. (Scan 2)

Venom can shoot multiple guns at once and hes extremely accurate with them. Remember, Gambit cannot come in close because one hit or bullet from Flash will put Gambit down. So you can stick to long range but eventually one of Venom's guns or tendrils is eventually going to land a hit.

(Scan 3)

Venom can form guns from anywhere on his symbiote such as seen to the left

<-----------------------

This will give some advantage as multiple guns all fired at once from all angles, one will hit Gambit. While dodging machine gun fire is a pretty good feat, Venom's number of guns and crazy accuracy is too much

(Scan 4)

Sorry, my paragraphs didnt go correctly where i placed them lol

#18 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: (you are doing good!)

This will give some advantage as multiple guns all fired at once from all angles, one will hit Gambit. While dodging machine gun fire is a pretty good feat, Venom's number of guns and crazy accuracy is too much.

This will give some advantage as multiple guns all fired at once from all angles, one will hit Gambit. While dodging machine gun fire is a pretty good feat, Venom's number of guns and crazy accuracy is too much.

how strong are these Tendrils Venom has because Gambit is more than capable of cutting them with his cards, so Venom will loose his guns

#19 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560:

Gambit should be able to cut them but Venom can easily regrow tendrils and guns back easily.

Take a look at these, he dodges the U-FOES, a Hulk and Avengers level threat, all on his own and puts up a good fight.

Look at the top left of the scan. He creates a decoy of himself to trick Toxin. Venom can do this to Gambit and get sneak up on him from behind. Also you'll notice how Venom's practically standing in fire to save Brock or aka the Spaghetti Monster =p

#20 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

Take a look at these, he dodges the U-FOES, a Hulk and Avengers level threat, all on his own and puts up a good fight.

while the U-foes are impressive lets not give them to much credit here

Luke cage rocks Iron Clad

Look at the top left of the scan. He creates a decoy of himself to trick Toxin. Venom can do this to Gambit and get sneak up on him from behind. Also you'll notice how Venom's practically standing in fire to save Brock or aka the Spaghetti Monster

First off Broxin is an abomination, Pat was the best. secondly what is this decoy's capabilities does it move and fight like flash because if it doesnt Gambit isnt as easily fooled as others

look how he predicts storm's moves!

#21 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: I think we've had this conversation like 3 times, Brock IS a spaghetti monster and disgrace to Toxin!!! =p

The Plan

Im taking in everything you've shown me through scans and summing up a plan---Since they start 25 meters apart that will give Flash more than enough time to throw out some smoke grenades. Once the smokes are out Gambit will be vulnerable to gun fire, tendrils and webbing. As the scans you have presented shown, Gambit can block and deflect bullets and webbing/tendrils but with the smoke grenades present, Gambit will be blind from all angles. Venom could do the decoy (which can not attack, only stand still like statue) and when Gambit realizes its not real hes already got a tendril or bullet through his brain. Or Venom could use Method 2 and not use the smokes. Venom can dodge the cards since he has the speed and reflexes. If he can dodge all members of the UFOES and dozens of goons at once i think he can successfully dodge the cards. Venom can go straight up for the kill and charge him at the very begining stabbing him with a nice symbiote slash, slicing him in half.

How is he going to throw cards after his fingers are ripped off!

#22 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin:

Im taking in everything you've shown me through scans and summing up a plan---Since they start 25 meters apart that will give Flash more than enough time to throw out some smoke grenades. Once the smokes are out Gambit will be vulnerable to gun fire, tendrils and webbing. As the scans you have presented shown, Gambit can block and deflect bullets and webbing/tendrils but with the smoke grenades present, Gambit will be blind from all angles. Venom could do the decoy (which can not attack, only stand still like statue) and when Gambit realizes its not real hes already got a tendril or bullet through his brain. Or Venom could use Method 2 and not use the smokes. Venom can dodge the cards since he has the speed and reflexes. If he can dodge all members of the UFOES and dozens of goons at once i think he can successfully dodge the cards. Venom can go straight up for the kill and charge him at the very begining stabbing him with a nice symbiote slash, slicing him in half.

smoke grenades are great and all but they work both ways, Brock wont be able to see for a little bit giving Gambit time to move. like so

and avoid the smoke. (you are working with a master thief here and your plan is to give him cover?)

lets say Flash does get close enough the Full Deck will allow Gambit some breathing room (think of it as a mulligan!)

and then if Flash isnt down by that Gambit can use his staff to fight off Venom (like supercharge it!)

here are some showings of his skill with his staff. he knows how to use it well

(when do you want to start the voting, after this next post?)

#23 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Last post for each of us then voting!

Venom will be able to see him because he has somewhat vision with his symbiote as seen below he has some sort of nightvision to navigate the cave with-

Also Gambits not getting that close and how long is it to charge a person? Venom can engulf the cards similar to how he did it the GAMMA bomb and im sure his cards are not the same power of a point blank GAMMA bomb going off. The way i see it,Gambit trying to charge a full deck like he did to Gladiator, Venom can simply use his tendrils to open fire on Gambit as he will be charging a deck and be vulnerable from all angles as one handed Gambit (due to his other hand actually charging and attacking with the deck) cannot block that.

Like i have shown previously Venom can soak so much damage. Yes Gambits cards are powerful but Venom can definetly take lots and LOTS of hits.

I also still believe that the smoke plan will work. Venom can see him while Gambit cannot. Even if Gambit leaves the smoke quickly by the time he gets out Venom will already have the advantage over him.

His staff you say? Nope, Venom can web it right out of his hands. If they get up close and personally with his staff then Venom literally rips off Gambits fingers!

Tendrils,webbing,bullets everywhere,smoke is all too much for Gambit to handle. Venom speed is enough to dodge but even if he does land a few cards Venom can handle it. Venoms been in every situation you've described whether its a Gambits staff and Venom can rip off his fingers or web it from him and send it back right through his chest or if you want to play the range game where Gambit will be incapable of throwing cards due to the need to block all the bullets coming at him so im saying Gambits not getting a chance to throw a card. Full charge deck? Hes not getting 2 feet close to Venom without his head being removed.

Anyway after your post start up the voting! Had alot of fun man, thanks alot!!!!!!

#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanna say that that is Vulked out Agent Venom. Flash doesn't Vulk out all the time.

#25 Posted by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio

Like i have shown previously Venom can soak so much damage. Yes Gambits cards are powerful but Venom can definetly take lots and LOTS of hits.

Gambit has taken down a Sentinel with 3 cards

#26 Edited by kidman560 (7578 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Thanks a lot for my first CaV man!!!

#28 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to say @oreoassassin's debate was better. He really convinced me how powerful Agent Venom is, and how his durability is off the hook! Enduring a gamma bomb? That's crazy!

#29 Posted by ComicStooge (13763 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting for @oreoassassin. He showed that Agent Venom's speed and durability can overcome whatever Gambit throws at him.

#30 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna vote for @oreoassassin he convince me how powerful agent venom was.

#33 Posted by DeadPoker (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by DarkRaiden (8009 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin had the better debate, @kidman560 convinced me that his guy was more powerful....not sure who to vote. Kidman still needs more words inbetween his scans.

#35 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8179 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough Call

#36 Edited by dondave (38796 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560 As with your debate with God_Spawn you relied too much on your scans rather than really presenting a plan. Look at post 18, you uploaded 9 scans and only wrote a sentence in the whole post and it didn't even address what your scans showed or how they relate to how you're going to defeat Flash.

@oreoassassin gets my vote, for actually having a plan of action and showing how he could negate most of Gambit's advantages.

#37 Edited by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

Anymore votes?

#39 Posted by WarBlade539 (4731 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4603 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty (sorry kidman) @oreoassassin wins this. I knew the outcome though. Agent venom beats gamit no matter what. Duh. Took on a losing battle kidman.

#41 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9699 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, I say @kidman560 wins this. I think he argued a bit better. I feeler Oreo relied too much on his scans without explaining them as much as he could have. I also would say Kidman was battling up hill character wise. So in pure debating, my vote goes to kidman

#42 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8708 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: kidman 560 has my vote he did better in pure debating skills but the other debater was good to

#43 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9699 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

@oceanmaster21: @cable_extreme: Any advice or tips, that I can work on for next time?

Yes, notice how Kidman brought up scans to try and disprove your argument, specifically, scans that only involve your argument such as addressing Luke cage vs Ironclad. He brought up scans of his fighter, but also scans to address your argument. It seemed like, for me atleast, that he had more knowledge of the opposition than you did. I would also recommend explaining your scans in further detail. If I were to read your argument before joining comicvine, I wouldn't understand a lot of it because venom (and any spider in that case) is very complex. With your feats, I would add more context, as well as more information.

Also I would not only bring up scans and address them, but also craft a strategy with all of your scans incorporated in it so you can have an overall plan of attack.

#45 Posted by OreoAssassin (5887 posts) - - Show Bio