Rules

• Morals are on
  • Standard gear
  • Win by KO/death/Incapacitation
  • Random encounter

• Both begin visible
  • Begin 50 feat apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Read through the op and tell me if its a fair setup. If you want I can edit it if you want a different location. And feel free to go first if you want.

#2 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: The setup is fair.

Now for my strategy: as you know Mr. Negative's main powers is his possession ability.

As you can see in this scan Mr. negative does not even have to touch his opponent to possess, they can touch him and they could be possessed. So Kaine can not hold on to Mr. Negative throughout this fight. So Kaine has to go for the close quick stroke approach. Even if Mr. Negative can not touch Kaine, I do not see Kaine hurting him too much.

In the scan above Negative survives an explosion. He is barely fazed by it. So I do not see Kaine being able to knock him out, especially considering how dangerous he is up close. It is also implied that he is immortal, so killing is out of the question. So the only way Kaine can win would be through incapacitation, but that would be pretty difficult.

#3 Posted by jashro44 (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1:

Now for my strategy: as you know Mr. Negative's main powers is his possession ability.

As you can see in this scan Mr. negative does not even have to touch his opponent to possess, they can touch him and they could be possessed. So Kaine can not hold on to Mr. Negative throughout this fight. So Kaine has to go for the close quick stroke approach

Kaine has no reason to grapple with negative. Negative is stronger than kaine and also Kaine does not grapple to much. Quick punches is kaines preferred attack.

Even if Mr. Negative can not touch Kaine, I do not see Kaine hurting him too much.

In the scan above Negative survives an explosion. He is barely fazed by it. So I do not see Kaine being able to knock him out, especially considering how dangerous he is up close.

This is a very impressive feat. However Kaine is capable of damaging negative with his stingers. This feat is more of a explosive/blunt trauma based attack. It is not a penatration durability feat. In comics there are different form of durability. For example wonder woman can get killed with a gun shot and yet she is capable of doing things like tanking haymakers from a bloodlusted superman which send her towards the earth at faster than light speeds. Another example is spider-man. To give you a visual spider-man is capable of surviving explosions like these

And yet he can be shot and killed that way. To my knowledge mister negative has never shown durability to stabbing damage. Meaning kaine can penetrate him with stingers

It is also implied that he is immortal, so killing is out of the question. So the only way Kaine can win would be through incapacitation, but that would be pretty difficult.

Kaine does not need to kill negative to win. A stab through the brain with stingers is enough to incapacitate negative. He still needs a functional brain to remain conscious. i believe that kaine is fast enough to stab negative in the head with stingers.

I believe kaines stingers will allow him to damage negative without really any problems, I believe kaines reflexes are a little bit more impressive as well. I believe kaine will edge negative out a win here about 6/10.

#4 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I am not the expert on speed or how fast things go. I can say this though, Kaine is faster than Negative. That does not mean Negative is slow

In the scan above Negative is taking on the Hood(back when he had the dormammu power set). You can see he is quite good with a sword and is quite the H2H guy. He is able to dodge what seems to be two bullets and then throws his sword knocking out The Hood's gun. Considering that Hood said himself "Before got my powers I was a trained miscreant" shows that he at least has good aim. If you pay close attention The Hood even has the element of surprise. He disappears and then shoots, so Negative has some enhanced reactionary timing.

In the scan above he takes down Knockout with one punch. Sure that is not too impressive, but the setup before he punches her is. He is sitting in a chair and she runs up to him. All he does is swing his elbow back and she is done.

Is stabbing damage and shot damage the same? If so(I know this does not count as a feat, but it is interesting) Mr. Negative might heal from it. He welcomes Jackpot to shoot saying it wont kill him, but as I said before this is not a feat.

#5 Edited by jashro44 (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1:

I am not the expert on speed or how fast things go. I can say this though, Kaine is faster than Negative. That does not mean Negative is slow

I agree with this. Negative is definitely a fast character, but as you said kaine is faster. And I do believe the difference is enough to give Kaine the win here.

In the scan above Negative is taking on the Hood(back when he had the dormammu power set). You can see he is quite good with a sword and is quite the H2H guy. He is able to dodge what seems to be two bullets and then throws his sword knocking out The Hood's gun. Considering that Hood said himself "Before got my powers I was a trained miscreant" shows that he at least has good aim. If you pay close attention The Hood even has the element of surprise. He disappears and then shoots, so Negative has some enhanced reactionary timing.

I agree negative is fast and his fight with the hood is impressive. However I don't believe its enough to beat kaine. Your average sniper bullet is a lot faster than your average hand gun bullet so I think kaines feat of saving the doctor after the sniper bullet was fired is still more impressive.

In the scan above he takes down Knockout with one punch. Sure that is not too impressive, but the setup before he punches her is. He is sitting in a chair and she runs up to him. All he does is swing his elbow back and she is done.

I don't believe she is as formidable as kaine is. Kaine in this set up isn't going to let himself get hit and even if he did he can take a punch.

Is stabbing damage and shot damage the same? If so(I know this does not count as a feat, but it is interesting) Mr. Negative might heal from it. He welcomes Jackpot to shoot saying it wont kill him, but as I said before this is not a feat.

Yes bullets are a form of stabbing damage. All though negative says it wont kill him IIRC he doesn't state a shot to the head wont incapacitate/knock him out. The fact that negative chose to dodge bullets from the hood implies that he does need to dodge bullets. Which sort of shows that kaine can hurt negative with stingers.

#6 Edited by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.