#1 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood (k4tzm4n)

Vs

Moon Knight (Strider92)

Conditions:

• Morals On
  • "Under The Red Hood" gear for Jason (Custom knife, taser, grappling lines, pistols, small explosives)
  • "Vengeance Of" gear for Marc (Carbonadium armor, crescent darts via wrist gauntlets and belt, truncheons, bo-staff, grappling line)
  • No Prep
  • Both have basic knowledge on the other
  • Win by Death, KO or Incap

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (13386 posts) - - Show Bio

This'll be interesting...

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

We shall see....

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good :)

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookmarking this since I won't be able to take part for at least a few days.

Staff
#6 Edited by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: No problem just call me out when you're ready! :) It'll give me time to gather mah scans anyhow!

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

Just bumping this for myself.  Should be able to post tomorrow or so.

Staff
#8 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Hopefully 6 days was enough time lol. I'll kick this off.

First off i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Moon Knight has the initial advantage. What I mean is that due to them starting at a distance Moon Knight has a good chance of scoring more hits than Jason. What I mean by this is while Jason has guns due to Spector's Carbonadium Vengeance gear at a range guns are largely ineffective:

Here in his fight with Bushman he takes gunfire from some pretty heavy weapons at night point blank range without to much problem I don't see Jason's pistols being much of an issue.

Jason isn't an idiot and I doubt he'll stay at a range once he realizes his pistols aren't doing anything. Now before we go any further i'm not saying there is no chance that Jason can hurt him from a range as you can see in this picture here Moon Knights armor is Carbonadium plates. He's not covered from head to toe so there are gaps in his armor:

However due to Moon Knights agility it'll make it even harder for Jason. I often find Moon Knights agility is quite under-rated due to the fact he is very adept in this area but no-one seems to bring it up. He's easily dodged bullets and other projectiles in the past:

So i'm not saying Jason can't hurt him i'm just saying its not very likely. Due to his accuracy and better durability, I see it being much more likely that Moon Knight would damage Red Hood before Red Hood damaged him:

Once it makes it into hand to hand which it definitely will due to Red Hood realizing that gun-fire isn't a great idea and it being Moon Knights preferred MO that's when it will get interesting. I don't know a whole lot about Red Hood pre-52 but i'm going to guess he's probably a better hand to hand fighter than Moon Knight who while is good at it prefers to brawl and tank damage. While Jason is probably the better fighter Moon Knight does have the durability advantage due to the Carbonadium armor. Its not a 100% way of preventing attacks (as I showed in the other scan he has plates of Carbonadium he's not completely covered in it) but it is an advantage.

However even if Jason were to get past the Carbonadium he has to deal with Moon Knights pain tolerance which lets be honest is what the character is famous for. For human street levelers there aren't many people who can take the kind of damage Moon Knight does and keep fighting. One of the biggest testaments to this was this fight with Bushman, he falls from a hell of a height (looks like 3-4 stories), gets both his legs broken and is basically in very very bad shape. What does he do? Beats the crap out of Bushman and cuts off his face. :

When he was captured by Midnightman he was tortured by the guy cutting him opened and pulling at his vertebrae (at least I believe thats what Midnightman was doing) and when he was freed he managed to kill him. Despite the hours of torture:

Although i've focused on his durability and pain tolerance here Moon Knight is not a bad fighter. He's just not as good as Jason. He's demonstrated a few times that he has good knowledge of martial arts and more importantly pressure points/nerve strikes:

He even has some good feats hand to hand feats against super-powered individuals like DemoGoblin:

And even more impressively he was able to subdue WereWolf by Night with impressive skill and agility:

While Jason does have better training, Moon Knight's ability to take in pain in combination with his Carbonadium armor means that Red Hood is going to have one hell of a fight putting him down. Throw in Moon Knights capabilities in h2h and you've got a very very lethal combination.

I think Red Hood puts up a good fight but I don't see Jason hurting Moon Knight enough to get the win. Where I see Spector being brutal enough, durable enough and skilled enough to inflict some very very nasty damage one Todd. Especially if MK manages to land a few good nerve strikes on him.

So I shall leave you with this:

Moon Knight + Pain =

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Using my scans against me? GET OUTTA HERE! :P

I've been super busy. I'll do a detailed reply when I can.

Staff
#10 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Strider92: Using my scans against me? GET OUTTA HERE! :P

Mwhahahahahaha i'm 1 twisted SOB. Couldn't find my issues of Vengeance to scan T.T

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

I should be able to provide a detailed reply on Monday.

Staff
#12 Edited by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I should be able to provide a detailed reply on Monday.

K no prob :)

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Attempting to revive k4tz from his slumber everybody take a step back!:

#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92: Slumber? I've been busy writing for the site and haven't had time to organize Todd scans.
Staff
#15 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Strider92: Slumber? I've been busy writing for the site and haven't had time to organize Todd scans.

I'm joking I was just making sure you hadn't forgotten :)

#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Strider92: Slumber? I've been busy writing for the site and haven't had time to organize Todd scans.

COMIC VINE IS A JOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT.
Staff
#17 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Strider92 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

COMIC VINE IS A JOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT.

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92: You should automatically lose the debate for using that :P
Staff
#19 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: A part of me felt bad for doing that.....but then I stopped feeling bad and felt awesome instead

#20 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

You shouldn't doubt Moon Knight's fighting skills by saying Red Hood is a better than him. I'd be willing to bet that Moon Knight is equal or even better than Red Hood. Moon Knight is considered a match for the likes of Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, and so on and so on.

#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I legitimately believe Todd takes a slim majority over Spector, but sadly, I don't have the time for an extensive debate and it's unfair to keep you waiting. So, I guess I technically concede?

@cmyers1980 said:

You shouldn't doubt Moon Knight's fighting skills by saying Red Hood is a better than him. I'd be willing to bet that Moon Knight is equal or even better than Red Hood. Moon Knight is considered a match for the likes of Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, and so on and so on.

If by "match," you mean can give them a decent fight, sure. But there's no way he's taking a majority over Daredevil or Captain America.

Staff
#22 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Ah snap, thats a shame. You know what just push this to one side. I'll leave the debate open and you can feel free to bump me on it whenever you want be it days, weeks or months :)

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Sounds good to me as long as you're cool with waiting!

Staff
#24 Posted by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah just hit me up when you can

#25 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight could never take the majority over the characters I stated because they are somewhat equal in fighting skill. It is Moon Knight's large arsenal of equipment that gives him the edge in some fights. The only character Moon Knight would POSSIBLY have the majority over would be The Punisher since he may be a better fighter than Frank but everytime they have fought it is always a stalemate even when Moon Knight was fighting seriously and not holding back. I know this because I have read their fights and Punisher is the one character I have extensive encyclopedic knowledge of. My opinion is Moon Knight may win the majority over Todd because he relies on firearms and his fists while Moon Knight has his various equipment to gain the upper hand since he has tons of training and experience with them unlike Red Hood. If it came down to H2H Moon Knight would win because Red Hood has his fists while Moon Knight has extremely durable Carbonadium armor, multiple weapons, and an insanely high pain tolerance.