CAV: Jashro44 (Wolverine) VS Comicstooge (Deathshead one)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

VS
VS
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Wolverine has his healing factor
  • Standard gear
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Both begin visible
  • Begin 10 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

@comicstooge Tell me if everything is fair and if so feel free to make the first post. If not then tell me what you want changed.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Everything seems fine here, I'll start....

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DHI has more then enough strength to throw Wolverine and overpower him easily around pretty easily:

No Caption Provided

He can throw down and drop someone with the durability of The Thing and he his punches can hurt Iron Man 2020 and knock him back, so while Wolverine is quite durable given his Adamantium bones, DHI can overcome his durability with brute strength:

No Caption Provided

e

And he has the speed to react to Wolverine, too, he can dodge lasers:

No Caption Provided

DHI can also make his body form multiple weapons to keep Wolverine at a distance, too:

These include laser canons, knockout gas, missile launchers, acid pellets and maces for up and close encounters:

And even if Wolverine manages to land some damage to DH1, he can fight headless (something the writer of Avenging Spiderman forgot):

No Caption Provided

Basically, the combination of superior strength, impressive ranged ability (while Wolverine has none) and general versatility will grant him the edge over Wolverine in most encounters, especially considering he's been knocked out by less then what DHI can output.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@comicstooge:

DHI has more then enough strength to throw Wolverine and overpower him easily around pretty easily:

He can throw down and drop someone with the durability of The Thing and he his punches can hurt Iron Man 2020 and knock him back, so while Wolverine is quite durable given his Adamantium bones, DHI can overcome his durability with brute strength:

All though deathshead is quite strong wolverine has taken hits from people with comparable strength feats. Grey hulk has also been able to lift up a tank over his head and wolverine was able to fight pretty evenly with him.

We see wolverine take a couple of hits from Grey Hulk in these scans. All though he does say a thunder clap is almost lethal I believe that is hyperbole (because it wouldn't make sense that a thunder clap would be lethal yet punches wouldn't). The main issue wolverine has here is that grey hulks healing factor is comparable to wolverines own so he can't really put Grey hulk down.

There are more durability feats for wolverine but I think this is a decent start for now.

On the subject of iron man 2020 IIRC he was suppose to be on par with classic iron man however at the same time spider-man was able to smack him around (granted spider-man was mad but still) so I do find it some what questionable that he is on par with iron man. I could be mistaken but I don't know if iron man 2020 has a lot of durability feats.

On the subject of his fight with thing it looks like he knocked the thing off balance and stepped on him before thing could really throw a punch. He even states in the scan that he knows better then to trade blows with the thing. so I think he more so out skilled thing in that showing. Thing is, all though Ben is skilled for a brick his skills don't quite compare to wolverines. His first strike on the thing does hurt him but it seems like Bens strike was much more effective. So all though this is a decent showing of strength I think the thing is stronger then deathshead.

All though he does dodge a couple of lasers he also gets tagged by some as well. Also he could possibly be aim dodging the shot. All though he is faster then the average brick Deathshead is still slower then wolverine is. Not to mention wolverine is more skilled as well.

Psylocke is a bullet timer however here when she tries to follow sabretooth and wolverine she sees them as a blur.

Psylocke can Deflect bullets. Uploading this to show Psylockes reactions.

For other speed feats for wolverine:

Read from right to left

Scans include moving faster then human eyes, impressing daredevil with bullet dodging, and being able to cut a gun after the trigger of the gun was pulled, and cutting rocket powered darts out of the air.

All in all I think in a melee fight wolverine has the edge due to his suepioer speed and skill. This means he will be landing more hits on deathshead then vice versa and his claws have cut hulk, gladiator, and thor so they can cut deathshead.

DHI can also make his body form multiple weapons to keep Wolverine at a distance, too:

These include laser canons, knockout gas, missile launchers, acid pellets and maces for up and close encounters:

Well in this scenario they do begin very close so Deathshead would need to distance himself in order to take advantage of his range weapons. Its possible he can but it will be difficult to do so while avoiding wolverines adamantium claws.

All though if he does distance himself from wolverine, wolverine can handle some of these weapons. On the subject of laser and RPG Wolverine can probably tank a couple of shots:

Tanking a massive blast from silver samurais son

On the subject of gas I doubt that will be effective considering wolverines healing factor has protected him from poisons before.

Wolverine jokes about
Wolverine jokes about "Dying" from enough poison to kill 20 men. So I do question the effectiveness of knockout gas.

As for the acid I don't think it would work. It could melt wolverines flesh but it wont melt through the skeleton in order to get to the organs and melt the brain, heart, etc. This is why wolverine has been able to do some stuff like this:

Wolverine climbs out of a pit of lava. Despite his flesh being torn off his healing factor and skeleton were able to protect his organs.
Wolverine climbs out of a pit of lava. Despite his flesh being torn off his healing factor and skeleton were able to protect his organs.

And even if Wolverine manages to land some damage to DH1, he can fight headless (something the writer of Avenging Spiderman forgot):

Basically, the combination of superior strength, impressive ranged ability (while Wolverine has none) and general versatility will grant him the edge over Wolverine in most encounters, especially considering he's been knocked out by less then what DHI can output.

I agree deathshead one can knock wolverine out. But I do think it is going to take a few hits. He does have the ability to fight headless but if wolverine cuts both his arms and legs off deathshead isn't capable of fighting back (to my knowledge). So Wolverine does have ways of incapacitating him. Deathshead is more versatile then wolverine is however wolverine is faster and more skilled which will allow him to get more hits in melee. And with the starting distance in this scenario I think wolverine has a decent shot of being able to take deathshead down.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicStooge
@jashro44 said:

@comicstooge:

All though deathshead is quite strong wolverine has taken hits from people with comparable strength feats. Grey hulk has also been able to lift up a tank over his head and wolverine was able to fight pretty evenly with him.

We see wolverine take a couple of hits from Grey Hulk in these scans. All though he does say a thunder clap is almost lethal I believe that is hyperbole (because it wouldn't make sense that a thunder clap would be lethal yet punches wouldn't). The main issue wolverine has here is that grey hulks healing factor is comparable to wolverines own so he can't really put Grey hulk down.

Impressive, though as I already covered, DHI's strength will serve as a backup to his plethora of weaponry. It'll only really come into play in the event Wolverine gets close (which is debatable).

@jashro44 said:

On the subject of iron man 2020 IIRC he was suppose to be on par with classic iron man however at the same time spider-man was able to smack him around (granted spider-man was mad but still) so I do find it some what questionable that he is on par with iron man. I could be mistaken but I don't know if iron man 2020 has a lot of durability feats.

Iron Man 2020's armor was malfunctioning and not even close to full power/capacity at the time, due to being screwed up by time travel:

No Caption Provided

And considering during Ends of the Earth, Doc Ock used Iron Man 2020 tech to stop Iron Man (despite him having his Bleeding Edge armor), I'd say Arno's tech was superior to Tony's.

@jashro44 said:

On the subject of his fight with thing it looks like he knocked the thing off balance and stepped on him before thing could really throw a punch. He even states in the scan that he knows better then to trade blows with the thing. so I think he more so out skilled thing in that showing. Thing is, all though Ben is skilled for a brick his skills don't quite compare to wolverines. His first strike on the thing does hurt him but it seems like Bens strike was much more effective. So all though this is a decent showing of strength I think the thing is stronger then deathshead.

Actually, Death's Head was telling him "Now you know not to trade blows with me", now the other way around. And all Ben's strike did was knock him through a few walls, it didn't really do much damage, if any. DH1 only faked unconsciousness to get a shot at The Human Torch.

And beings of Thing's punching class (such as DH1) have knocked Wolverine out cold before, with only one punch:

No Caption Provided

@jashro44 said:

All though he does dodge a couple of lasers he also gets tagged by some as well. Also he could possibly be aim dodging the shot. All though he is faster then the average brick Deathshead is still slower then wolverine is. Not to mention wolverine is more skilled as well.

Psylocke is a bullet timer however here when she tries to follow sabretooth and wolverine she sees them as a blur.

For other speed feats for wolverine:

Read from right to left

Here's one more example of DH1 avoided automatic fire:

No Caption Provided

There are other examples of DH1 dodging lasers, however I'm afraid I don't have scans.

And yeah, Wolverine is plenty faster than DH1, I'll admit that. However, DHI has 360 degree vision, limited regeneration (for small wounds, if and when Wolverine gets close) and reasonably impressive reflexes in his own right will allow him to react and employ methods of negative Logan's speed (such as the rope/ball trippy thing). That and even when dazed (or if he can't see Logan), his internal systems will track Wolverine:

No Caption Provided

That scan serves to put forth both my arguments.

@jashro44 said:

Well in this scenario they do begin very close so Deathshead would need to distance himself in order to take advantage of his range weapons. Its possible he can but it will be difficult to do so while avoiding wolverines adamantium claws.

All though if he does distance himself from wolverine, wolverine can handle some of these weapons. On the subject of laser and RPG Wolverine can probably tank a couple of shots:

Tanking a massive blast from silver samurais son

On the subject of gas I doubt that will be effective considering wolverines healing factor has protected him from poisons before.

Wolverine jokes about
Wolverine jokes about "Dying" from enough poison to kill 20 men. So I do question the effectiveness of knockout gas.

As for the acid I don't think it would work. It could melt wolverines flesh but it wont melt through the skeleton in order to get to the organs and melt the brain, heart, etc. This is why wolverine has been able to do some stuff like this:

Honestly, it takes DH1 practically no time at all to form weapons, such as laser guns.

And recently, Wolverine was almost killed when Kaine hit him in the heart:

No Caption Provided

You can claim PIS or whatnot, but that scan is more recent then that scan of Wolverine being completely incinerated (which doesn't make much sense to begin with, he's nothing but bones, he shouldn't be able to move). And even then, it took Wolverine a fair amount of time to heal from this, so highly concentrated acid to the face would certainly be a distraction.

Death's Head's lasers can hit with pin point accuracy, I don't really see any reason why he just can't hit Wolverine right between the ribs with a laser to KO him:

No Caption Provided

Poisons probably shouldn't work, but acid would certainly slow him down.

And I mean, I know this is a laser, but DH1 easily tanked a laser that floored She-Hulk:

No Caption Provided

So Wolverine's Adamantium claws won't exactly be cutting through him like butter.

Especially given the size of DH1:

No Caption Provided

Anyway, how many more responses do you want to do, before votes start?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Impressive, though as I already covered, DHI's strength will serve as a backup to his plethora of weaponry. It'll only really come into play in the event Wolverine gets close (which is debatable).

True but they do begin about 10 feet apart so they don't start so far away wolverine can't close the gap. And also this does sort of show wolverine can tank concussive damage well so he can deal with some of deathsheads concussive attacks.

Iron Man 2020's armor was malfunctioning and not even close to full power/capacity at the time, due to being screwed up by time travel:

And considering during Ends of the Earth, Doc Ock used Iron Man 2020 tech to stop Iron Man (despite him having his Bleeding Edge armor), I'd say Arno's tech was superior to Tony's.

That would be an error on my part. All though Dock ock mainly used some sort of EMP device. Ends of the earth showed that Arno has tech which can shut off tonys armor but it never quite showed that Arnos suit is the same as Tonys.

All though admittedly I was mistaken about iron man 2020 being weakened due to time travel so I will just drop this point.

Actually, Death's Head was telling him "Now you know not to trade blows with me", now the other way around. And all Ben's strike did was knock him through a few walls, it didn't really do much damage, if any. DH1 only faked unconsciousness to get a shot at The Human Torch.

I didn't mean to say that DH1 was knocked out or severely hurt from the things strike. He does seem to be faking however when he punched Ben all his attack did was knock the things head back, and when the thing punched him it launched him through the walls. Now sometimes in comics characters who are weaker knock off balance stronger characters when they aren't bracing themselves. However I think deathshead was prepared to take Bens strike and braced himself. I think the fact that all though the things strike didn't knock DH1 out it proved to be more overpowering. He is definitely strong but I feel it is under the things.

And beings of Thing's punching class (such as DH1) have knocked Wolverine out cold before, with only one punch:

This is a very inconsistent showing. It was from Claremonts run and back then wolverine wasn't as tough as he is now. Wolverine and the thing have had other encounters where wolverine does a lot better:

Also in the scan it is stated that "Wolverine was still dazed from the initial impact" so what happened before thing hit him on the head?

Here's one more example of DH1 avoided automatic fire:

There are other examples of DH1 dodging lasers, however I'm afraid I don't have scans.

And yeah, Wolverine is plenty faster than DH1, I'll admit that. However, DHI has 360 degree vision, limited regeneration (for small wounds, if and when Wolverine gets close) and reasonably impressive reflexes in his own right will allow him to react and employ methods of negative Logan's speed (such as the rope/ball trippy thing). That and even when dazed (or if he can't see Logan), his internal systems will track Wolverine:

That scan serves to put forth both my arguments.

All though DH1 might be able to keep track of wolverines movements he still needs the necessary reflexes to tag him. He can try to tag wolverine with the bolas but wolverine has dodged bullets and various other projectiles so he would need the necessary accuracy to tag wolverine. And Wolverine has been able to dodge lasers from the suepioer DH2 so I do question his ability to tag wolverine with such a weapon especially since there isn't much ground to cover:

No Caption Provided

I do realize wolverine did lose this fight and I will post the whole fight later in my post.

All though not only does wolverine have a speed edge on DH1 but he also has the skill edge. Now normally when wolverine fights characters who are faster then he is, he uses skill to compensate and land extra hits in. However here he is fighting someone who he is faster then so he is using his skill advantage to increase the number of hits he lands. For example when he fought Gorgon despite being vastly outclassed speed wise, and having to deal with gorgons TP he was still able to land a few hits on Gorgon. Or his fight with Kaine he nearly killed Kaine in the first move (it should be noted that wolverine was told not to kill Kaine as there was an assassin guild member outside so he was trying to incapacitate Kaine). He also has been able to keep up with spider-man and even made spider-man feel slow despite the fact that spider-man does have better speed feats. Point being is wolverine can use his skill to make it so he lands even more hits on DH1.

Look from right to left
Right to left as well.

In the first battle wolverine actually gets the better of spider-man. Spider-man throws a punch which wolverine dodges. In the second battle wolverine makes spider-man question if he is even faster then wolverine is. Spider-man has better speed feats but as I said due to wolverines skill he can keep up with spider-man.

Wolverine VS Kaine. Kaine remarks he nearly gets killed in the first second of the fight.
Confirmation that wolverine was not trying to kill Kaine. I wont go so far as to say wolverine was completely faking the fight as he didn't know who Kaine was but he was at best just trying to knock Kaine out. Had he been going for the kill he might have been able to do it.
Confirmation that wolverine was not trying to kill Kaine. I wont go so far as to say wolverine was completely faking the fight as he didn't know who Kaine was but he was at best just trying to knock Kaine out. Had he been going for the kill he might have been able to do it.

All though Gorgon does have the upper hand and wolverine does state he isn't a match for Gorgon even using his skill, Wolverine does land some hits and does deal some damage to Gorgon on the 2nd and 3rd scan.
Just a reminder of how fast the Gorgon is. Thrown in with the fact that Gorgon has TP which tells him about wolverines moves before wolverine makes them it is pretty crazy that wolverines skill was able to help him tag Gorgon.
Just a reminder of how fast the Gorgon is. Thrown in with the fact that Gorgon has TP which tells him about wolverines moves before wolverine makes them it is pretty crazy that wolverines skill was able to help him tag Gorgon.

If he was able to tag and keep up with characters faster then him like Spider-man, Kaine and Gorgon, then he should be able to use his skill to keep even further ahead of DH1.

Honestly, it takes DH1 practically no time at all to form weapons, such as laser guns.

Well yes but thats not the problem. If he decides to use his range weapons when wolverine is close up then he could get them disarmed and he will lose his advantage. DH1 would be better off using his melee weapons.

And recently, Wolverine was almost killed when Kaine hit him in the heart:

You can claim PIS or whatnot, but that scan is more recent then that scan of Wolverine being completely incinerated (which doesn't make much sense to begin with, he's nothing but bones, he shouldn't be able to move). And even then, it took Wolverine a fair amount of time to heal from this, so highly concentrated acid to the face would certainly be a distraction.

I am not going to call PIS on this. All though thats because there is a difference between a precise stab to the heart and being burned. A precise stab to the heart is is quick and passes through Wolverines tissue, and because Kaine stabbed between wolverines bones he didn't have to deal with the durability of wolverines adamantium.

Where as when wolverine is burned by either acid or lava some of it wont reach his organs because of the adamantium, and not to mention it has to eat away at wolverines tissue, and as it is eating away at wolverines tissue wolverine is regrowing more tissue. So it has to burn away a lot more tissue then it normally would. If DH1 were to use acid to burn away wolverines face then some of the acid would leak off of wolverines adamantium skeleton (or if its an acidic gas then it will pass around as opposed to passing through the adamantium skeleton). And Wolverine has some pretty crazy pain tolerance:

Here cyclops blows wolverines face off and wolverine is still going. So even if acid burns wolverines flesh off it wont distract him for very long.

Also about the scan where he crawled out of lava it should be noted he wasn't entirely burned to a skeleton. His tissue was most burned off but some of it was still there.

Death's Head's lasers can hit with pin point accuracy, I don't really see any reason why he just can't hit Wolverine right between the ribs with a laser to KO him:

Poisons probably shouldn't work, but acid would certainly slow him down.

Problem is he has to tag wolverine to do this. I have scans of Wolverine dodging a laser from DH2 so it will be difficult to tag wolverine, especially since he is aiming for the area between wolverines ribs in order to tag his heart.

And I mean, I know this is a laser, but DH1 easily tanked a laser that floored She-Hulk:

So Wolverine's Adamantium claws won't exactly be cutting through him like butter.

All though DH1 is incredibly durable wolverine has cut people who are still vastly more durable then him.

All though its just a sissy scratch which didn't really do much else besides annoy thanos, he still manages to scratch thanos.
All though its just a sissy scratch which didn't really do much else besides annoy thanos, he still manages to scratch thanos.

Wolverine manages to cut DH2's arm off (granted he does regenerate it but still DH2 is more durable then DH1).
Wolverine manages to cut DH2's arm off (granted he does regenerate it but still DH2 is more durable then DH1).

Wolverine stabs gladiator.
Wolverine stabs gladiator.
All though Thor states wolverine didn't do any significant damage he does still cut thor, and thor states his durability wont last forever.

Wolverine takes out hulk with a cheap shot.

To add to these I also have scans of wolverine being able to cut through grey hulk and the thing. SO I do believe that wolverine can cut through DH1.

Just to clarify I don't think wolverine would last long in a fight with thanos, hulk, thor, and gladiator but he has been able to cut them is all I am trying to say.

Especially given the size of DH1:

He was able to take DH2's arm off in one clean motion despite his size. All though as I said here is the full fight:

Gambit, Rouge and cyclops are defeats by DH2...
Which leaves wolverine to hold DH2 off by himself. He does pretty well. He dodges DH2 energy cannon, he cuts his arm off and he stays in close. Admittedly he isn't in the best of shape and he did need psylocke to save him but he is still standing.

Anyways my main point of bringing up the fight with DH2 is that if wolverine is capable of dodging attacks from the suepioer model and cutting his arm off why can't he do it to DH1? And likewise he was able to keep in close the whole time. Now he couldn't have beaten DH2 but that is mainly due to his liquid repairing ability. Something I don't believe DH1 has (At least not to the extent that DH2 has it). So Wolverine has a much better shot of taking DH1 down. And unlike DH2 if wolverine cuts his arm off, DH1's arm will stay off.

Anyway, how many more responses do you want to do, before votes start?

Whenever your ready is fine by me. Wolverine has a lot more showings than DH1 so I can go on for a while. If your out of feats thats fine.