Rules

• Morals are on
  • Standard gear
  • Win by KO/death/incapacitation
  • Random encounter

• Begin 50 feat apart
  • begin visible
  • Fight takes place here:

I will let you go first since I don't know much about Katana. If you want anything changed in the setup just ask and I can change it a bit.

#2 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It's perfect!

Katana should be able to edge out Nightwing. I'll list some advantages and explain.

In the area of skill, I see these two as equals. Nightwing has some impressive showings, but so does Katana. She was able to stalemate Lady Shiva and has the use of nerve strikes, judo throws, etc.

In the area of speed, I see Katana as the superior. She has deflected bullets back at the shooter, blocked beams of light, dodged bullets at point blank, etc.

In the area of tech, I think Nightwing has superior tech. Katana's sword, Soultaker, is really the only thing she uses in battle, save for a short sword. With that that being said, it is nothing to take lightly. It is indestructible and takes the soul of whoever it kills.

Overall, I obviously think Katana will take it. I think her incredible speed is going to be the deciding factor in this fight and I believe she is fast enough to avoid any tricks Nightwing has up his sleeve.

If you need any scans, I have them.

#3 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

In the area of skill, I see these two as equals. Nightwing has some impressive showings, but so does Katana. She was able to stalemate Lady Shiva and has the use of nerve strikes, judo throws, etc.

I can agree with this. All though just to list some feats for nightwing he has been able to stalemate cassandra cain, has shown pressure points as well and he has been able to beat Ras Al Ghul in a sword fight (Showing that he has some understanding of sword fighting himself not to say he is better than her at it just more so that he has some pretty good technique with the art form himself)

In the area of speed, I see Katana as the superior. She has deflected bullets back at the shooter, blocked beams of light, dodged bullets at point blank, etc.

Admittedly I don't know if nightwing has deflected bullets all though batman has done it before and nightwing has been stated to be faster than batman about twice so he might be capable of it. For a more stand alone feat nightwing has been able to beat captain boomerang in hand to hand combat who is a speedster (this could possibly be a skill showing I suppose but it does take a degree of speed at least). As for Katana deflecting beams of light were they moving at light speed? If so do you know how fast they were moving? And nightwing himself has been able to dodge point blank bullets as well. I can upload scans of some of these feats if you want any thing specific.

In the area of tech, I think Nightwing has superior tech. Katana's sword, Soultaker, is really the only thing she uses in battle, save for a short sword. With that that being said, it is nothing to take lightly. It is indestructible and takes the soul of whoever it kills.

Well true but she does need to be able to tag Grayson in order to take him down. And not only are they comparable in skill and speed but how is she in acrobatics? Nightwing is probably the best in DC universe.

Nightwing also does have some range as well.

Overall, I obviously think Katana will take it. I think her incredible speed is going to be the deciding factor in this fight and I believe she is fast enough to avoid any tricks Nightwing has up his sleeve.

If you need any scans, I have them.

I think nightwing has a good chance here. He has some decent skill, I don't think they are far apart in speed, and I think Graysons acrobatics can also make him difficult to tag and he does have some range he can use.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I can agree with this. All though just to list some feats for nightwing he has been able to stalemate cassandra cain, has shown pressure points as well and he has been able to beat Ras Al Ghul in a sword fight (Showing that he has some understanding of sword fighting himself not to say he is better than her at it just more so that he has some pretty good technique with the art form himself)

Which is why I make the statement. (Side Note: I love that fight between Dick and Ra's)

@jashro44 said:

Admittedly I don't know if nightwing has deflected bullets all though batman has done it before and nightwing has been stated to be faster than batman about twice so he might be capable of it. For a more stand alone feat nightwing has been able to beat captain boomerang in hand to hand combat who is a speedster (this could possibly be a skill showing I suppose but it does take a degree of speed at least). As for Katana deflecting beams of light were they moving at light speed? If so do you know how fast they were moving? And nightwing himself has been able to dodge point blank bullets as well. I can upload scans of some of these feats if you want any thing specific.

Here are some scans for Katana's speed/reflexes

There are several instances of her blocking bullets and beams of light twice. I have more feats where that came from, should you need more.

@jashro44 said:

Well true but she does need to be able to tag Grayson in order to take him down. And not only are they comparable in skill and speed but how is she in acrobatics? Nightwing is probably the best in DC universe.

Nightwing also does have some range as well.

Katana was trained by Batman in acrobatics and agility, so it's safe to say she is quite adept in that area. I'll go ahead and post some scans of that as well.

I have many more scans of her doing various flips, dodges, etc. She may not be Dick, Selina, or Harley, but she is a capable acrobat in her own right.

As for range, she is know for throwing her short sword with extreme accuracy as well as shuriken without looking. She has even shown feats with a Bow and Arrow and a Blow Dart Gun. I'd say range attacks is something she is comfortable with as well.

#5 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

Which is why I make the statement. (Side Note: I love that fight between Dick and Ra's)

Yea I agree its a awesome fight!

Here are some scans for Katana's speed/reflexes

There are several instances of her blocking bullets and beams of light twice. I have more feats where that came from, should you need more.

These are all very impressive and I do have to admit she does probably have a slight speed advantage on nightwing based off of this. I can't recall an ingredient where nightwing has deflected gun fire however he has reacted to bullets after they have been fired in the past.

So nightwing is pretty fast in his own right. Admittedly she is probably faster all though I think nightwing is comparable in terms of speed. And all though she is faster nightwing has used his acrobatics and skill in the past to keep up with people faster than himself such as saiko.

So all though she does have a slight speed advantage I do believe nightwing has the speed to keep up, and he has the means to compensate for that speed advantage.

Katana was trained by Batman in acrobatics and agility, so it's safe to say she is quite adept in that area. I'll go ahead and post some scans of that as well.

I have many more scans of her doing various flips, dodges, etc. She may not be Dick, Selina, or Harley, but she is a capable acrobat in her own right.

These are impressive all though I still believe nightwing has the advantage in terms of acrobatic ability. I think the nightwings slight advantage in terms of agility will allow him to compensate for her slight speed advantage on nightwing.

As for range, she is know for throwing her short sword with extreme accuracy as well as shuriken without looking. She has even shown feats with a Bow and Arrow and a Blow Dart Gun. I'd say range attacks is something she is comfortable with as well.

All though Katana has some impressive feats in terms of accuracy I don't know if she is better than nightwing. Nightwing has been able to curve and ricochet batarangs, knock out armored guards by throwings pistols and tag the flash with a grapple (admittedly we don't know how fast flash was moving exactly all though i would definitely say he was moving at super human speeds)

All though Katana does have the speed advantage I believe nightwings experience in fighting oppenents faster than himself (captain bommerang, saiko), his slightly better acrobatics will allow him to hold out in melee. I also believe nightwing has the advantage at range. Katana is fast enough to block bullets and beams of light and dodge them as well, a talented enough marksmen can make a difference. Nightwing can bounce his projectiles off of walls or curve them so they go around her sword. She will have to dodge and block multiple projectiles from multiple directions. I think nightwing can take this 6/10.

#6 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

These are all very impressive and I do have to admit she does probably have a slight speed advantage on nightwing based off of this. I can't recall an ingredient where nightwing has deflected gun fire however he has reacted to bullets after they have been fired in the past.

So nightwing is pretty fast in his own right. Admittedly she is probably faster all though I think nightwing is comparable in terms of speed. And all though she is faster nightwing has used his acrobatics and skill in the past to keep up with people faster than himself such as saiko.

So all though she does have a slight speed advantage I do believe nightwing has the speed to keep up, and he has the means to compensate for that speed advantage.

While he does have impressive speed, Katana's speed advantage might be a little more than you think. Here are some other feats that are impressive in different ways

In both of these, Katana seems to move in an instant. She has done this a few more times as well, but I don't have the scans for those. Overall, I think her speed could be a deciding factor in this fight, as her weapon is more deadly as well.

@jashro44 said:

These are impressive all though I still believe nightwing has the advantage in terms of acrobatic ability. I think the nightwings slight advantage in terms of agility will allow him to compensate for her slight speed advantage on nightwing.

Nightwing is easily in the top 3 acrobats of DC, so I agree that he is better in this area. With that being said, in such an open area, I find it hard to believe acrobatics will compensate for a lack of speed, if only a small margin.

@jashro44 said:

All though Katana has some impressive feats in terms of accuracy I don't know if she is better than nightwing. Nightwing has been able to curve and ricochet batarangs, knock out armored guards by throwings pistols and tag the flash with a grapple (admittedly we don't know how fast flash was moving exactly all though i would definitely say he was moving at super human speeds)

Impressive indeed, and here are a few feats for Katana. In these scans she uses Shuriken, Swords, and a Bow and Arrow for accuracy There are more as well, including matching JPV's batarangs with Shuriken. The catch being he was shooting them automatically through his armor and she was throwing hers.

@jashro44 said:

All though Katana does have the speed advantage I believe nightwings experience in fighting oppenents faster than himself (captain bommerang, saiko), his slightly better acrobatics will allow him to hold out in melee. I also believe nightwing has the advantage at range. Katana is fast enough to block bullets and beams of light and dodge them as well, a talented enough marksmen can make a difference. Nightwing can bounce his projectiles off of walls or curve them so they go around her sword. She will have to dodge and block multiple projectiles from multiple directions. I think nightwing can take this 6/10.

I have to disagree. I don't see Nightwing being much more skilled at range, if at all. I also don't think his acrobatics will help him in this environment. In a smaller setting I could see your point. I also don't see Nightwing tagging her from a distance. She is just to skilled and tactically aware for him to do so IMO. I will give it to Katana 6/10

#7 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Thank you for waiting, and again sorry for the late reply.

While he does have impressive speed, Katana's speed advantage might be a little more than you think. Here are some other feats that are impressive in different ways

In both of these, Katana seems to move in an instant. She has done this a few more times as well, but I don't have the scans for those. Overall, I think her speed could be a deciding factor in this fight, as her weapon is more deadly as well.

All though these are impressive I don't know if I would say she moved in an instant. The problem is with comics is it hard to tell how much time has passed by. Not saying it isn't impressive but I don't think its something nightwing couldn't do.

Nightwing is easily in the top 3 acrobats of DC, so I agree that he is better in this area. With that being said, in such an open area, I find it hard to believe acrobatics will compensate for a lack of speed, if only a small margin.

I half agree with you here.

The part circled in red a pit with walls. If nightwing can lure Katana over there using a combination of his tactical ability and his marksmanship he can take advantage of his acrobatic abilities. I think its possible that he can lead her there and he will have the advantage.

Impressive indeed, and here are a few feats for Katana. In these scans she uses Shuriken, Swords, and a Bow and Arrow for accuracy There are more as well, including matching JPV's batarangs with Shuriken. The catch being he was shooting them automatically through his armor and she was throwing hers.

There are all very impressive but I still think nightwing has the advantage. All though does she have any feats against fast or skilled opponents? Nightwing has been able to tag the flash (I can't confirm how fast he was moving but judging by the artwork it seems safe to say he was using a degree of super humans speed, at least moving at the speed of a blur) and he also has feats of dodging from skilled marksmen as well (off the top of my head he dodged a pipe from ravagar effortlessly who IIRC can turn anything into a weapon, dodged bullets from deathstroke [admittedly he did get shot in the arm but only because he had to protect someone], etc).

I have to disagree. I don't see Nightwing being much more skilled at range, if at all.

I agree the skill gap isn't very far apart if at all.

I also don't think his acrobatics will help him in this environment. In a smaller setting I could see your point.

I believe if nightwing can lure her to the right area (the top of the walls in the red circled area above, or maybe anywhere on the higher ground) I believe he can take advantage of his acrobatic ability.

I also don't see Nightwing tagging her from a distance. She is just to skilled and tactically aware for him to do so IMO. I will give it to Katana 6/10

All though Katana is very skilled at cutting projectiles out of the air and has her own formidable accuracy, Nightwing can also change the angle of his projectiles with ricochet shots. she will basically be dodging and blocking projectiles from every direction. As far as tactics go nightwing is pretty smart. His tactical ability has led the titans to victory on a couple of occasions.

Again sorry for the late reply.

#8 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Strafe Prower: Thank you for waiting, and again sorry for the late reply.

No problem! I'm enjoying this too much to care about that as long as we get to continue.

@jashro44 said:

All though these are impressive I don't know if I would say she moved in an instant. The problem is with comics is it hard to tell how much time has passed by. Not saying it isn't impressive but I don't think its something nightwing couldn't do.

She has also cut through guns and has many speed feats. I also think the scans with Ollie are peak human if not more. Arrows from that distance take a second to get to their targets. That's extremely impressive and I'm not convinced Nightwing can do that.

@jashro44 said:

@Strafe Prower: I half agree with you here.

The part circled in red a pit with walls. If nightwing can lure Katana over there using a combination of his tactical ability and his marksmanship he can take advantage of his acrobatic abilities. I think its possible that he can lead her there and he will have the advantage.

Katana more than intelligent enough to know not to go there. Within the first few moves, Katana will understand he has incredible acrobatic skill. Having lead a team as well, she is more than capable of controlling where the fight goes.

@jashro44 said:

There are all very impressive but I still think nightwing has the advantage. All though does she have any feats against fast or skilled opponents? Nightwing has been able to tag the flash (I can't confirm how fast he was moving but judging by the artwork it seems safe to say he was using a degree of super humans speed, at least moving at the speed of a blur) and he also has feats of dodging from skilled marksmen as well (off the top of my head he dodged a pipe from ravagar effortlessly who IIRC can turn anything into a weapon, dodged bullets from deathstroke [admittedly he did get shot in the arm but only because he had to protect someone], etc).

She has dodged an attack on Deathstroke, got the jump of Deathstroke because of her speed and stealth, defeated Mirror Master, Reflected bullets back at an opponent, and has done many things that prove her ability to fight fast things. As for Marksmen, Not really. taken out many rooms of trained soliders that have guns, defeated hordes of Vampires, Got the jump on Geo-Force, and has many other feats that suggest she is quick enough to dodge/reflect any bullet or any other projectile.

@jashro44 said:

I believe if nightwing can lure her to the right area (the top of the walls in the red circled area above, or maybe anywhere on the higher ground) I believe he can take advantage of his acrobatic ability.

See above

@jashro44 said:

All though Katana is very skilled at cutting projectiles out of the air and has her own formidable accuracy, Nightwing can also change the angle of his projectiles with ricochet shots. she will basically be dodging and blocking projectiles from every direction. As far as tactics go nightwing is pretty smart. His tactical ability has led the titans to victory on a couple of occasions.

The environment does give Nightwing anywhere to bounce off of at the beginning of the fight. Adding her speed to her own acrobatics and I think that Katana is more than capable of dodging any object. She has already shown the ability to sense things close to her (Shown with Alfred above and a few more times) Which shows the is very tactically aware of her surroundings.

#9 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

She has also cut through guns and has many speed feats. I also think the scans with Ollie are peak human if not more. Arrows from that distance take a second to get to their targets. That's extremely impressive and I'm not convinced Nightwing can do that.

I agree this is very impressive all though I believe nightwing has similar feats. Like these 2 scans below nightwing dodges a bullet with the barrel of the gun against his face and judging by what it looks like ducks it after the trigger is pulled (Note the second scan is nightwing, he is just dressed as batman the issue is Batman: Shadow of the Bat #34 if you need to know). So I believe nightwing can match her speed.

Katana more than intelligent enough to know not to go there. Within the first few moves, Katana will understand he has incredible acrobatic skill. Having lead a team as well, she is more than capable of controlling where the fight goes.

Thing is if Katana doesn't follow him she risks this becoming a range fight. And I believe that with nightwings accuracy feats and the fact he has (IMO) dodged bullets from better marksmen (deathstroke, ravagar, Shiva, batmans heat vison when he had supermans powers [batman wasn't as powerful as superman because he only went out at night according to that story which is why nightwing was able to dodge his heat vision]). Katana will need to follow nightwing.

She has dodged an attack on Deathstroke, got the jump of Deathstroke because of her speed and stealth, defeated Mirror Master, Reflected bullets back at an opponent, and has done many things that prove her ability to fight fast things.

I believe I am familiar with the deathstroke showing but didn't she only fight him for a page? I am not saying she can't hold her own with him I just don't know if the showing was that extended all though I do only have a vague recollection of the fight between deathstroke and the outsiders so maybe I am misremembering. All though wouldn't beating mirror master be pis? He goes toe to toe with the flash so unless there was something else involved I would imagine he should curbstomp Katana. Katana is fast but she isn't flash level speeds.

As for Marksmen, Not really. taken out many rooms of trained soliders that have guns, defeated hordes of Vampires, Got the jump on Geo-Force, and has many other feats that suggest she is quick enough to dodge/reflect any bullet or any other projectile.

Well yes Katana is fast and I am sure she has several bullet dodging feats but the quality of marksmen makes a huge difference. Marksmen ship like anything is a skill. Its about anticipating your enemies moves, and setting them up so they can't dodge. Basically timing the bullet timer. To demonstrate my point here is an example of batman dodging a bullet from a sniper after it has been fired.

However despite this he has been shot by deadshot who even holds back when he fights batman out of respect.

Now I am not saying nightwing is as good as deadshot or that he is on his level of marksmen ship but this was just to show a point that even when a character dodges the actual projectile a skilled marksmen can still set them up to get tagged. With the ricochets nightwing can do I believe that is possible.

The environment does give Nightwing anywhere to bounce off of at the beginning of the fight. Adding her speed to her own acrobatics and I think that Katana is more than capable of dodging any object. She has already shown the ability to sense things close to her (Shown with Alfred above and a few more times) Which shows the is very tactically aware of her surroundings.

Well all though Katana is fast I believe nightwing is going to want to want to avoid a melee battle due to her reach (all though I do believe he can do well in melee as well it is risker) So he will likely either go to the high ground or the circled area in red. Katana has 2 options

1. She can follow him and have to fight him dealing with his soupier acrobatics
  2. Or she will have to engage in a range fight which could be problematic due to nightwing having (IMO) better accuracy feats and his experience with very talented marksmen I think he would have the advantage.

All though katana is aware of her surroundings I believe nightwing is smart enough to force her to fight on his terms. His showing with WIlliam Cobbs he was resourceful enough to use the environment, he lured him in the subway and used liquid nitrogen to take him out. And his bio has refereed to him as being "a leader without equal" and part of being a leader is ones tactical ability.

#10 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Sorry about the delay! I forgot completely about this lol.

@jashro44 said:

I agree this is very impressive all though I believe nightwing has similar feats. Like these 2 scans below nightwing dodges a bullet with the barrel of the gun against his face and judging by what it looks like ducks it after the trigger is pulled (Note the second scan is nightwing, he is just dressed as batman the issue is Batman: Shadow of the Bat #34 if you need to know). So I believe nightwing can match her speed.

I disagree. One showing doesn't make him on par with her or show that he can match the speed she moves at. She has showings like this at a very consistent basis

@jashro44 said:

Thing is if Katana doesn't follow him she risks this becoming a range fight. And I believe that with nightwings accuracy feats and the fact he has (IMO) dodged bullets from better marksmen (deathstroke, ravagar, Shiva, batmans heat vison when he had supermans powers [batman wasn't as powerful as superman because he only went out at night according to that story which is why nightwing was able to dodge his heat vision]). Katana will need to follow nightwing.

I disagree with this as well. While he might be a little more accurate, I think she is more than able to dodge anything he can throw. Add that to her own accuracy and the ability to block projectiles with her sword, and I think that She can lead where the fight goes.

@jashro44 said:

I believe I am familiar with the deathstroke showing but didn't she only fight him for a page? I am not saying she can't hold her own with him I just don't know if the showing was that extended all though I do only have a vague recollection of the fight between deathstroke and the outsiders so maybe I am misremembering. All though wouldn't beating mirror master be pis? He goes toe to toe with the flash so unless there was something else involved I would imagine he should curbstomp Katana. Katana is fast but she isn't flash level speeds.

The fight was only for a page, so you are correct in saying that. However, the point was that with Deathstroke's ability to tag superhumans, I found it impressive that she dodge his attack while talking to him as if it was easy. I can post the scans if need be. As for Mirror Master, he thought he had her trapped, but she out-smarted him. She was also able to move fast enough to put her plan into action, which is why I brought it up. I can post scans of this as well if you'd like.

@jashro44 said:

Well yes Katana is fast and I am sure she has several bullet dodging feats but the quality of marksmen makes a huge difference. Marksmen ship like anything is a skill. Its about anticipating your enemies moves, and setting them up so they can't dodge. Basically timing the bullet timer. To demonstrate my point here is an example of batman dodging a bullet from a sniper after it has been fired.

However despite this he has been shot by deadshot who even holds back when he fights batman out of respect.

Now I am not saying nightwing is as good as deadshot or that he is on his level of marksmen ship but this was just to show a point that even when a character dodges the actual projectile a skilled marksmen can still set them up to get tagged. With the ricochets nightwing can do I believe that is possible.

While I would agree with anyone else, Katana has an ace in the hole. Her Soultaker has cut through metal and is indestructible. Therefore, she should be able to deflect anything she cannot dodge. Here's an example of the swords durability.

@jashro44 said:

Well all though Katana is fast I believe nightwing is going to want to want to avoid a melee battle due to her reach (all though I do believe he can do well in melee as well it is risker) So he will likely either go to the high ground or the circled area in red. Katana has 2 options

1. She can follow him and have to fight him dealing with his soupier acrobatics
  2. Or she will have to engage in a range fight which could be problematic due to nightwing having (IMO) better accuracy feats and his experience with very talented marksmen I think he would have the advantage.

All though katana is aware of her surroundings I believe nightwing is smart enough to force her to fight on his terms. His showing with WIlliam Cobbs he was resourceful enough to use the environment, he lured him in the subway and used liquid nitrogen to take him out. And his bio has refereed to him as being "a leader without equal" and part of being a leader is ones tactical ability.

LOL all of this is talked about above.

Looks like this will be wrapping up pretty quick.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

Sorry about the delay! I forgot completely about this lol.

LOL no problem. I was busy with exams for the last week or so, so I wouldn't have really been able to give a response anyways.

I disagree. One showing doesn't make him on par with her or show that he can match the speed she moves at. She has showings like this at a very consistent basis

Well those were just some examples of nightwing having comparable feats. There is some other stuff (like being able to block bulets after they have been fired using firefly). There was another time where he actually managed to defeat captain boomerang in hand to hand (speedster), dodging cat womans blows and easily heading her off (I know she once said she can whip he whip at the speed of sound so she is fast), and he also dodged the justice league defense system while cyborg superman and doomsday were fighting, and doged 200 rounds per minute with basically no cover. I think these feats make him comparable to her as well.

I disagree with this as well. While he might be a little more accurate, I think she is more than able to dodge anything he can throw. Add that to her own accuracy and the ability to block projectiles with her sword, and I think that She can lead where the fight goes.

Has she ever faced a marksmen of nightwings skill though? Nightwing has been able to dodge projectiles from a few talented marksmen like ravager, deathstroke, and various others who I think have comparable skill to Katana. Since he can curve his projectiles she is going to be dodging multiple projectiles from a lot of different angles.

The fight was only for a page, so you are correct in saying that. However, the point was that with Deathstroke's ability to tag superhumans, I found it impressive that she dodge his attack while talking to him as if it was easy. I can post the scans if need be.

If this is the instance you are talking about I don't think Katana did much that nightwing can't match outside of her stealth. However this environment doesn't provide much for stealth.

Katana sneaks up on Slade when he is having a stand off with the rest of the outsiders. He complements her stealth skills, blocks her attack and then she dodges one of his strikes.
Slade dodges her second attack, and her third, poppy causes a distraction and he goes after his target.

The thing is about this showing is that slade was not there to fight. He was there to do a job. He even says so himself.

"But this time I don't have the time. I'm not here to engage. My job was to retrieve the terminate the target and retrieve whatever's inside his body that's setting off the tracker the client gave me. Not get into a knock-down drag-out with the outsiders."

So all though she did engage deathstroke briefly without getting tagged his attention was mostly focused on his target rather then the fight itself. If Slade was focused on killing Katana it is possible it could have gone differently. Additionally nightwing has been able to engage deathstroke on multiple occasions. He has even done pretty well on a few occasions. He hasn't beaten Slade but he has taken an advantage over dathstroke in the past.

For the record I acknowledge Slade would likely beat nightwing for a majority but Nightwing has held his own with Slade a few times.

As for Mirror Master, he thought he had her trapped, but she out-smarted him. She was also able to move fast enough to put her plan into action, which is why I brought it up. I can post scans of this as well if you'd like.

The rouge I have ever known to be street level is captain boomerang. I think this showing is PIS. The rouges could be a problem for the entire justice league. Even superman might have difficulties fighting mirror master from what I know about the rouges, he shouldn't be losing to street level characters.

While I would agree with anyone else, Katana has an ace in the hole. Her Soultaker has cut through metal and is indestructible. Therefore, she should be able to deflect anything she cannot dodge. Here's an example of the swords durability.

While all though her sword is durable Nightwing isn't going to throw his batarangs at her. He is going to curve them on angles. I don't doubt she can block a few but I don't think she can keep it up forever. Especially if projectiles are coming from multiple directions.