Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

@stealth_warrior

Saw that you wanted to CAV and i'll indulge you.

Ultimate Green vs Pre 52 Deathstroke

I won't to use my computer much so I'm stuck on mobile. This means ill post links to evernote where ill have my side of the debate.

Rules of this fight

No prep, random encounter

Morals On/Off i don't think it matters here

Fight takes place in the middle of the abandoned city street, civilians have been evacuated.

Is the OP to your liking?

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Good luck to both of you.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: thanks im on mobile so it didn't copy right

Avatar image for stealth_warrior
Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Jacthripper: So,i will start.Slade Wilson may not be at the same level as Ultimate Green Goblin physicaly but he is defenely way more agile and fast and at least as durable as Ultimate Green Goblin.He is way more skilled and experient and haves a genius-level intellect wich could be a huge factor here.He haves a healing factor and enough firepower to dance eliminate Norman.Thats enoght for a quick intro i guess.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator

Lol.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: Here you go

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s338/sh/39e44e7d-4838-4a31-8cff-2716a4a61871/c2efd220b7a5b3ebacfefac52b049b7d

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know how Ult Green Goblin can deal with Slades experient.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: thats weird, ill just copy it. But it means no scans :(

First off a few of Stormin Normans abilities from the wiki

Superhuman Strength: The Goblin, after injecting formula, become super-humanly strong. Norman, as the Goblin, could easily overpower humans by lifting them up with one hand or by hurling them around. He could also lift extremely heavy objects, crush and break through wood panels and templates, bend metal, and punch through glass without injury. About 25 tons

Superhuman Speed: The Goblin, thanks to the Oz Formula, could run and operate at superhuman speeds. His overall body equilibrium was also heightened although he was not nearly as fast as speedsters. For example, with his speed, he can outrun vehicles.

Superhuman Stamina: The Goblin, thanks to the Oz Formula, could operate or maintain his movements for prolonged periods of time without getting tired or weary in the process.

Superhuman Durability: The Oz Formula also fortified all of Osborn's bodily tissues, making them far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal humans. He could withstand powerful impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhuman enemy, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no harm to himself.

Regenerative Healing Factor: If The Goblin did sustain injury, his body's increased metabolism allowed him to heal damaged tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human is capable of. He could heal from injuries that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.

Superhuman Agility: The Goblin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes were similarly enhanced and superior to those of the finest human athlete.

Pyrokinesis: The Goblin could generate fiery bolts of energy from his hands, which he used as weapons which could explode like bombs.

This version of Norman also managed to kill peter parker and have him stay dead, which is quite miraculous.

So, as you can see, Norman has a large advantage in a couple departments here. He is stronger, faster, etc. but that wont necessarily win the fight. I need strategy for that. Unfortunately, due to his few appearances he doesnt have any plotting feats like 616 Norman. However, if he counters deathstroke correctly he can take the win.

Osborn is no stranger to fighting metahumans, as shown in his victories over spiderman, doc oc, and hobgoblin. Hobgoblin had similar strengths and abilities, but osborn killed him in the end. This also shows osborns insanity, as Hobgoblin is also known as Harry Osborn in the Ultimate universe.

While Osborn is not a meticulous plotter, he was able to mount an attack on the white house with the Ultimate Six, which included spiderman, and was only stopped when his son distracted him long enough for iron man to shoot him in the back to interfere with his OZ powered genetic code. 

Because this is in an abandoned city, Osborn can easily spam fire to a point where it would become uninhabitable for Slade to survive, chase him down and burn/pummel him into submission.

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stealth_Warrior

Personal Data

Characteristics

• Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Hair Color: White

Status

• Citizenship: American
  • Marital Status: Divorced

Powers & Abilities

Super Strength / Speed / Endurance / Intellect

As a result of an experimental hormone therapy conducted by the US government, Slade became a super soldier. Unbeknown to Slade's superiors, the procedure boosted his brain capacity, increasing his coordination and stamina further than a human could process, becoming an enhanced human. His mind is like a computer built for strategy. Deathstroke's mental faculties are accelerated by a factor of 9, allowing him to think and perceive nine times faster, affording him a greatly superior reaction time. It is stated in Identity Crisis that, unlike a regular man, Slade uses 90% of his brain capability making him a strategical genius, while normal humans only use 10% of it. Because of that, he alone momentarily beat Wally West, Hawkman, Kyle Rayner, Zatanna, The Elongated Man, Green Arrow and Black Canary. Lately, he has also been shown to be able resist telepathy, namely from his son Jericho. He is said to have "the strength of ten men," and he also possesses enhanced speed, agility and endurance.

Deathstroke's muscular system was hardened and strengthened making him way stronger than an average human being. He is strong enough (without his armor enhancement) to snap a sword in half, cut through a car with his sword, and even trade hits Donna Troy.

He is fast and agile enough to engage entire teams of metahumans such as the Teen Titans alone and even tag characters such as Kid Flash in combat, which he has done on multiple occasions. He has been shown to even side step Starfire's blast. Other characters (such as Hawkman) have often commented on how impressive Slade's speed, reflexes and agility are.

His endurance and pain tolerance are also above human levels, since Deathstroke has on many occasions continued fighting even when losing massive amounts of blood or taking punishment that would kill a normal human.

In DCnU, Slade appears to have a great degree of enhanced strength. In Deathstroke #1 he was shown ripping the door off an airplane at 40,000 feet above sea level with one arm. Indicating physical strength in the multi-ton range. In Deathstroke #14 Hawkman stated that Deathstrokes Nth Metal armor increases his strength and natural abilities even further. In reality Slade, over the years has shown strength, speed, endurance and reflexes above even peak human levels, that could be classified as low level metahuman.

Healing Factor

Slade has also been granted a modestly accelerated healing factor which enables him to recover from physical injuries much faster than most humans, which supplies him with great longevity. This ability has limitations, as he can not regenerate lost eyes or limbs, although he can heal from fatal injuries such as being shot multiple times, stabbed with a sword through his vital organs or great impacts such as falls from great heights and hits from super strong metahumans (such as direct hits from Donna Troy)He has recovered from otherwise fatal injuries, but the experience is traumatic. He has suffered from short-term periods of insanity and animalistic behavior after these "resurrections" (much like Ra's Al Ghul after using a Lazarus Pit). These episodic feral states are temporary, however, and he eventually regains control of himself.

Enhanced Senses / Reflexes / Agility

As he is able to think nine times faster than most humans, Deathstroke possesses heightened senses, reflexes, and physical acumen, making him a one man army and a great tactician. His senses allow him to identify small changes in the air that enables him to react to attacks from behind, and even allows him to cut a fly in half with a paperclip. His reflexes and agility is at such a degree that they allow him to casually dodge point blank gunfire from multiple assailants, fight an entire ninja clan alone, jump multiple feet (from one building to another while tackling a Warhawk) and perform other seemingly impossible tasks with ease.

Expert Combatant / Soldier / Marksman

Slade even before he had his physical attributes enhance was considered one of the world's top (and most decorated) soldiers (considered the best even among the members of the elite Team 7 that included characters like Grifter and Black Canary).

He is an expert of unarmed combat as well as an expert in the use of both melee (bladed) and ranged (rifles, guns) weapons. His arsenal is extensive and, with his augmented physique, he can turn any object into a deadly weapon. Nevertheless, he prefers his broadsword, bo staff/bazooka, and automatic pistols. In short Deathstroke is the DCU's premier mercenary and assassin.

Weaknesses

Missing Right Eye

Slade lost his right eye due to a gunshot wound. His ex-wife Adeline Kane was enraged after finding out that her son Joseph became mute. She became enraged at Slade, arguing that he betrayed her and risked her sons life. She then fired a gun at Slade,and he managed to evade the bullet but his right eye was lost. Though so far, his fighting ability has yet to be hindered by his blindness.

Weapons & Equipment

Nth Metal Armor: In the post Flashpoint Universe, Slade wears a special armor made partially from Nth metal which is stronger than titanium. It's more durable than regular armors and further enhances Deathstroke's natural abilities. His armor allows him to tank heavy blast, and gives him added protection against piercing weapons. His Nth metal armor is incredibly durable, to the point he is able to take direct hits from Lobo.

Broad Sword: Slade carries a promethium broad sword that is more durable than Titanium. The durability of the sword mixed with his metahuman abilities are extremely formidable. He has been known to cut through a jet wing in a single strike with his sword.

Grappling hooks: Slade also carries grappling guns that shoot hooklines and allow him to reach great heights or restrain his targets (similar to Batman's).

Energy Staff: One of Deathstroke's signature weapons, a near indestructible bo staff (sometimes made out of prometheum) that can also discharge an energy blast (strong enough to destroy aircraft, and even injure powerful metahumans). Lately, he has been shown to be able to separate his staff into two nightsticks as well.

Other Weapons: Deathstroke's normal equipment also consists of various handguns, rifles, explosives and bladed weapons. Lately he has been known to use sniper rifles with promethium bullets, though this is more situational.

Deathstroke has also amassed a fairly large fortune due to the contracts he undertakes, which pays for his equipment. He also employs some outside aid (like Wintergreen) that helps him get new contracts, provide equipment and when needed medical help.

Super NameDeathstroke
Real NameSlade Wilson
AliasesDeathstroke the Terminator Slade Wilson
PublisherDC Comics
CreatorsMarv WolfmanGeorge Pérez
GenderMale
Character TypeHuman
First AppearanceThe New Teen Titans #2 - Today... The Terminator!
Appears in689 issues
Birthdayn/a
DiedNone
PowersAgility Attractive Male Berserker Strength Danger Sense Enhance Mutation Escape Artist Gadgets Healing Insanely Rich Intellect Leadership Longevity Marksmanship Power Suit Stamina Stealth Super Hearing Super Sight Super Smell Super Speed Swordsmanship Tracking Unarmed Combat Weapon Master
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jacthripper

@i_like_swords: maybe the raw stats? Or the fact that he took on the ultimates pretty easily? I didnt think this was a good match, i wanted to do Ult green goblin vs Kaine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: I wasn't being serious. Was just joking about the fact "experience" was spelled "experient" in a previous post xD

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

Copy and paste?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part Two of my debate

HOW TO KILL SLADE WILSON

1. Things that make it hard

A. Healing Factor- nothing wolverine-ish but a nice healing factor that allows him to heal wounds that would kill any regular human.

B. Nth Metal Armor- a special metal that increases his present abilities

C. Agility- he is very agile, and can dodge or reduce damage from attacks through this

2. How i get around those

A. Healing Factor- kill him fast and kill him good, otherwise he might get back up.

B. Nth Metal- a major issue with all non-powered metal armor, is that it does not leave you immune to constant heat. It also doesnt prevent a neck snap, as it doesnt damage the armor, just the inhabitant of it.

C. Agility- Ultimate Green Goblin is able to very consistently tag ultimate spiderman, who is even more agile than Slade.

3. Slade making it difficult?

A. Slade's attacks- bullets? No Problem for Ultimate Green Goblin he's bulletproof to high caliber bullets. Sword? If he can get a nice easy decapitation before he gets torched, it might happen. Energy weapons? Depending on how much damage it can do, UGG can take it, as he took repulsors from iron man as well as a burning oil truck to the face.

B. Slade's Intelligence- Experience and Intelligence are probably the only places where Slade is better than Norman. He does however lack feats for combatting giant firebreathing bulletproof monsters, which Norman is.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s338/sh/91cc7c7c-017a-4ebf-8301-a7d55aeb1e2b/84239c949b6657db247d5e7f4ce582e9

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Slade healing factor is beyond yours and i think he can take anything that Osbourne trows at him.

Healing Factor:

He gets blasted by a Plasma Canon,dies and (i repeat DIES) for 25 minutes and then wakes up,alive.

He gets point-blank shoted in the head dies for a couple of hours and then he is alive again.

he suffers no harm from Starfire blasts and contnues the figth and manages to defeat her.

Battles:He has defeated the Godawmn Batman easily,

Defeated Beast Boy.

Defeated Starfire.

Defeated Raven.

Defeated Nigthwing so many freaking times even dress once as Batman.

Has defeated Teen Titans.

Constantly envading Superman.

KO Flash(Barry Allen)

Hold his own against both Pre-52 Aquaman and Hal Jordan.

Has pwnd Hal Jordan.

Takes out Nigthwing and ManBat.

Skill:

He escapes a prison with both feets and hands cuffed,need i say more.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingAvengerMarvel/news/?a=48028.

Yeah he haves the adventage!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JakeN7: Im just giving a professional run-down on my charathers. :P

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is quite... Entertaining....

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: so how will Slade deal with my guy? Youve stated feats, but have no actual direction with your attack here

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: also how does any of that apply to this fight? Normans not any of those people you just listed and there were extenuating circumstances in some of those battles.

So yes Slade definetely has the adventage ;)

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jacthripper: I presented durability and healing factor feats that exed those presented by you.His durability and healing factor exeds that of UGG and thats whats going to give him the adventage in this figth.I also show that he can deal with far more powerfull people than UGG and plus he haves defeated them all.He also could hold his own against the Justice League of America.I think he also haves the advantage in skill.I think Slade could pull a win in here.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jacthripper

@stealth_warrior: where did you show his durability being higher? Norman has also been shot in the head and suvived, while in human form, he is bulletproof while hes the goblin. Yes slade has beaten all these people, with prep and previous knowledge. He doesnt have those here. Him beating batman and nightwing are irrevalent here because its not a battle of skill here. The best fighter in the world cant beat a tank with his fighting skill, he needs something else. Also these healing factor abilities show nothing, because if the wound is fatal, it takes hours. Norman is not going to just leave him there, he will burn the body to ashes. You actually havent presented anything, just stated what happened. How did Slade beat these characters? I dont know, and i wont look it up myself.

@jonez120: side note, when is the next round of that SL tourney, because i won my round.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: side note when is the next round of that SL tourney?

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jacthripper: Read the scans that i have presented in the link.Is your job to look at the scans.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: uhhhhhh, thats a feats database, I dont see slade, and when i looked him up it gave me a bunch of stuff from Arrow

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonez_

@jacthripper: Yeah sorry about that, been sorta busy.

I plan on having the threads up before Friday.

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stealth_Warrior

@Jacthripper: Follow the link and see the feats.They will show you how he defeated the charathers.

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jacthripper: Follow the link and see the feats.They will show you how he defeated the charathers.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is intresting.

Sidenote: I dont mind coping from wikis for an opener, helps give a full idea of the characters.

Though a strategy section would help.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: Sidenote: what is our starting distance?

STRATEGY

1. Scenarios

Slade shoots from X feet away, the bullets do nothing. He gets closer, shoots him with his staff, only fazes the beast. He tries to rush with sword, but is pinned to the ground by a giant arm, set ablaze, and held there until his skin is so burned it is fused to his armor. The End of Slade

Slade sets traps as the beast follows him, they slow him, but the beast catches up to him and snaps his neck. The End of Slade

Slade attempts to snipe the beast, only for his bullets to bounce off. Suddenly, fireball begin exploding in his proximity, he moves fast, but takes damage from the fireballs. He is wounded, and staggers away only to be crushed by a giant green goblin. The End of Slade

Slade manages to stab the beast, thinking he has the victory he looks at its face, and it laughs and rips slades sword out and shoves it into slades own heart. The End of Slade

Slade attempts to cleave the beasts skull, but his blade catches on the horns and is stuck. The beast rends him limb from limb. The End of Slade

2. What could go wrong?

Slade dodging- heh, Norman tags spidey consistently, and even has oneshotted him before.

Slade decapitating- because Norman is just going to stand there and let him.

Slade energy blast- same situation, except he can take it.

3. Mismatch?

As far as I see, slade cant do much here.

His sword has cut through cars but norm does the same thing with his bare demon hands.

His guns are useless.

His grenades are next to useless

FEATS THAT APPLY

Taking down Ultimate Captain America, a very similar character to slade, while cap had assistance.

Tanking hits from a bloodlusted Spiderman, Hobgoblin, and Hulkbuster division.

Taking a couple semitrucks in the face that proceeded to explode.

Shooting down helicopters with his fireballs.

Because of these feats he can take anything slade throws at him and return worse.

Deathstroke the Terminator has been terminated

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jacthripper: The only problem is that Deathstroke haves Prometheum bullets that are stronger than titanium itself and with Slades acuricy this will be a great trouble for Normam.Slade haves missle lauchers,high caliber Prometheum bullets,smoke grenades,flash grenades,standart grenades and many other weapons in his gear and equipments.The firepower he pocess is second to none and is enoght to put Norman down.His energy staff can make great effect to Norman as it has been show to harm people with more durability than Norman such as Green Lantern.His fighting skills and tactical skills will of course play a huge factor here since he can outsmart Norman and use the enviroment to his adventage.Regarding,Slade fighting skills,im sure he learn pressure point attacks so Goblin haves to deal with that also.Slade also haves the agility and/or ability and battle experience to dogde many attacks from UGG including his fireballs.Slade is also a expert in the art of stealth so getting the drop on GG wont be hard.Your turn.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually ima about done, do you have anything left? If not ill set to voting.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: Ohh forgot a couple things

1. Osborn is constantly evolving, it was in my evernote, so i dont know if you saw, and can absorb thermal energy as show with his skirmish/struggle with the human torch.

2. If I remember correctly, he took down Kyle Rayner, who was a rookie, and had no real training with the ring. So,it isnt much of a feat considering GL shields have tanked planetary explosions.

3. Norman doesnt have pressure points, his skin is a couple inches thick, so pressure points?

4. Stealth works real great, especially when Norman has 'disappeared' from the sight of 50+ shield agents and 200+ bystanders

5. Norman can travel by leaping and propelling himself through a fireblast, over 500 ft, and has even launched himself from the bottom of a river to attack some helicopters. He can close whatever starting distance there is in under 3 seconds.

6 Why do you keep bringing up his healing factor? Its not an instant one, and if he takes a fatal blow, hes out for 25 minutes or more. And im just going to wait for you to heal?

He is also very driven (insane) because once he has a target that he wants to kill, nothing gets in the way without paying the same price.

Slade is dead insome horrible way.

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stealth_Warrior

@Jacthripper: Slade tactical skills will lead him to victory.His prometheum sword and bullets are going to make a wound on GG.He can use the enviroment to his adventage.Slade haves superhuman stats and former training to be able to do a stealth attack on GG.Slade can make buildings fall on top of the Goblin,use cars as bombs,use the swewers to hide,he can use the city as his weapon.GG wont start with the fireballs he likes it up close and personal.Slade haves the intellinge to come up a strategy for GG,the same canot be said by you.He has faced more powerfull people than GG so do you think he will lose?I want to see Goblin taking 3 burning buildings fall on top of him and still survive.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty much done here, but just to cunter you one more time

There is no actual proof that slades weapons can cut Greenie

Any superhuman stats slade has are eclipsed by Normans

How is he going to drop a building on slade with standard gear?

Cars as bombs are nothing considering hes taken anti tank missiles, and if he climbs in the sewers hes gonna die when greenie lights them up (methane is explosive)

Youre rightabout the fireballs, but he sets himself on fire all the time and that will hurt slade

Pray tell, what strategy? He is fighting a tank with bullets and grenades, how will he hurt him?

Who has he fought, without PIS CIS or luck, who is more powerful than Norman?

Youre right, i dont have scans of norman takng burning buildings and survivng, but i do have him breaking out of the Triskellion, which has in the past held the hulk.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jacthripper

@frozen: Once he says hes done then ill do it

But yes you can vote then

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jacthripper: gets my vote. That is because @stealth_warrior seemed to just copy and paste throughout, which is rather lazy. Jac put in more effort, though there were alot of assertions made in this thread but barely any issues or scans to back it up. Only but a link to a vague respect thread. I did however recognize some of Ult Goblin's feats so I acknowledge that.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jacthripper

@frozen: thanks, and sorry about the lack of pics, were both on mobile for this.

Also, could you tag some other people in this, otherwise i dont think well get any votes

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Frozen: Thanks for voting and God bless you!

Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody here should know that i just copy and past from a wiki because it would be a more professional showing of my charathers,ok?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealth_warrior: actually, i copy from the wiki too, but if you edit it, people wont mind because it also has your interpretation of the wiki and what is practical about your character in the CAV hes in.