CAV: Iron Man(Jwalser3) vs. Aquaman(Lvenger) Voting open!

• 82 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lvenger

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dondave
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 gets my vote. It's really close though. Great debate you two

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By ComicStooge

Hmmm...Putting aside my bromance with Lvenger, I think I'll give the vote to @jwalser3. He really showed off Iron Man's versatility in the fight, though @lvenger's argument was top notch as well.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jwalser3 - 10

Lvenger - 7

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although, if I were to offer a way in which Lvenger could have really tied his whole underwater advantage argument together, it'd be Namor's performance against Extremis:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Although, if I were to offer a way in which Lvenger could have really tied his whole underwater advantage argument together, it'd be Namor's performance against Extremis:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Damn it why did I not see this sooner? Namor was owning Stark like a boss. Aw well, can't be helped how.

@joygirl I don't normally respond to voters but for the record, all of my scans were New 52 scans. None of them were Pre New 52 scans. I'm not responsible for any stubble that might hint at a Pre Flashpoint Aquaman but all my Aquaman feats were from this respect thread by @matchesmalone21 here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/aquaman-189/new-52-aquaman-respect-thread-670936/?page=1 Though your other reasons for voting against me were sound

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Damn it why did I not see this sooner? Namor was owning Stark like a boss. Aw well, can't be helped how.

@joygirl I don't normally respond to voters but for the record, all of my scans were New 52 scans. None of them were Pre New 52 scans. I'm not responsible for any stubble that might hint at a Pre Flashpoint Aquaman but all my Aquaman feats were from this respect thread by @matchesmalone21 here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/aquaman-189/new-52-aquaman-respect-thread-670936/?page=1 Though your other reasons for voting against me were sound

Man, I actually wanted to PM them to you, but I thought that might have been against the rules.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why Tony wouldn't be just jumping into the water against a guy named Aquaman!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

This is why Tony wouldn't be just jumping into the water against a guy named Aquaman!

He didn't exactly jump into the water against Namor, did he?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MonsterStomp

Lets all quote the barrage of scans! -_-

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole argument of Aquaman going to the water seems out of character. Aquaman knocking him in the water is more realistic. But how is Aquaman going to tag Tony. I know every one is going to bring up that onehigh end feat of Arthur tackling Wonder Woman. For one thing no one brought up was the fact that the Justice League was clearly pulling their punches. In the arc they obviously didn't want to fight. So it's safe to assume that they weren't trying their hardest.

While Thor stated he wasn't holding back.

No Caption Provided

Now hold on there cowboys. Before you go off getting butt hurt for this let me explain what I mean. Thor clearly wasn't pulling his punches in this battle. I'm not saying he was hitting Tony with Planet busting level hits, rather he was just hitting him harder than he normally would. Yet Iron Man was able to handle the first hit, than Thor weakened his armor with a massive lighting bolt. I know Lvenger debunked this, but I don't think he understood what I was getting at. Clearly Thor wasn't fighting Tony like he would, say, Silver Surfer. But he defiantly wasn't playing around. Besides, was their any doubt in a fight between a city level hero vs. a god level?

Even if you guys don't want to except such a thing, because some reason.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Extremis was able to hang with the Hulk Buster Mk. I

And yes, the Hulkbuster did it's job pretty well. It held it's own against Hulk, until they both agreed to stop fighting. And about that Namor fight....How come a inferior armored Tony was able to break the grip of Namro while Extremis couldn't? Seem a little odd to me seeing how Extremis is suppose to not only retain prior suit abilities but also be vastly superior .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: It would have been. But thanks for the heads up!

@jwalser3 Come on, you're winning in the votes and you still have issues with people nit picking your arguments? All I clarified was that Thor wasn't fighting at his absolute utmost best against Tony. And I fail to see why Aquaman going in the water to gain an edge is more out of character than booting Tony into the water. Either way, Tony's underwater and Aquaman immediately has the field advantage.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It's not that I have an issue with them, I have a issue with people posting PIS stuff from Illuminati. Iron Man has faced Namor in water before, many times. But this advanced suit with a bunch of his older suits abilities can't handle him? I'm just giving people what they want, my under water scenario argument.

No Caption Provided

He does so again.

No Caption Provided

So you know that Uni beam that can reach over 1,000 k.....Just do the same thing and pull him back up. Or just straight up put a force field around him and toss him back on the island.

No Caption Provided

So really, on land and sea Iron Man has a good chance.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Why didn't you post this earlier when we were actually debating? You'd have clinched a solid victory then. But that wouldn't have accounted for the aquatic telepathy not to mention that Aquaman hasn't shown a total dependency on water. On land Iron Man has a much better chance of winning but I angled for a sea environment so that I could bring that into play. With that on his side, Aquaman can edge out IMO. It can go either way.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jwalser3

@lvenger: He needed water in the dessert :P But I didn't bring this up because I thought it was just staying on the island.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: The problem here is that I thought you knew I would want Aquaman to move the battle into the water at some point. That's why I chose an environment that would be near water. Without a water source nearby or if the battle had stayed strictly on land, I'd be hard pressed to make a convincing case for Aquaman taking a majority of wins.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: We were both trying to have it our way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Still, the voters are picking you for your versatility and combat speed advantages. You still have the lead.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Deranged Midget

One of the more interesting debates that I've read as of late. Really, really close battle but I may have to edge out the victory to Lvenger here. I felt that he could toss out some great feats of his own while doing a good job of countering most of what jwalser3 had to throw at him. You kind of stumbled here and there, lingering a bit too much on a certain subject where you could utilized some other points but overall, I was more impressed with Lvenger's piece.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jwalser3 - 10

Lvenger - 8

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote Jwalser

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jwalser3 - 11

Lvenger - 8

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@comicstooge: Didn't say he did. Did I?

No, but I was just pointing out that New 52 Aquaman has similar physicals to Namor and getting Iron Man into the water could very well happen.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:i don't think wonder woman was going all out against aquaman,she didn't even use super speed,i don't think aquaman can keep up with her top speed,but i think he has enough speedd for this fight and the place of the fight gives him a huge advantage.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lvenger: Has my vote. But it was close. Good job guys :p

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jwalser3 - 11

Lvenger - 9

I'm going to add @slimj87d to the mix now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Hey it's been nearly a week now and the score's stayed like this

@lvenger said:

Jwalser3 - 11

Lvenger - 9

I don't think anymore voters will be showing up really since we've plucked most of the battle forum regulars. So do you think we should end the voting and call this a slim victory for you? If so, excellent job on this CAV mate and it was nice debating with you on your well supporter Iron Man arguments.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jwalser3
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers