CaV: Ikaris (HTTK) VS. Superboy (CA1)

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

Next in the series of being in way too many Debates, and the continuing string of amazing reads for the Vine:

No Caption Provided

A Mid Tier matchup! Battle of the lesser used characters! A Marvel VS. DC matchup!!

In this corner Ladies and Gentlemen, from the Marvel side we have:

Heirtothekingdom representing............IKARIS!!!

No Caption Provided

And in the opposite corner, from the DC universe we have:

Cosmicallyaware1 presenting...........SUPERBOY!!!

No Caption Provided

Will the lesser know Eternal from the 616 be able to take out the Boy of Steel? Will the Kryptonian hybrid be able to stop the legendary Marvel warrior? We shall see!?

Rules of Engagement:

• No prep. Random encounter. These individuals have no knowledge on each other except what they may ascertain by appearance.
  • Morals as applicable.......
  • This is Kon-El / Conner Kent.....pre nu52.
  • Win is KO / Incapacitate / No BFR
  • Unpopulated remote area.
  • This is a CaV match. An argument between two individual Viners, choosing two characters. This is a debate between them, and them only. Let them have their debate, and then when it is over and open to voting.....you may comment. But only then, please hold your comments until the end of the debate. Even then......when voting opens.....you must either be A.) tagged to vote or b.) have a post count of 1000 or higher to be considered viable

Location / Setting:

No Caption Provided

*Hey, this is a "What If? DC/Marvel crossover battle. Location is just for fun!!! Let's say they were placed there by_______________________ <insert cosmic diety/being of your choice>.

And with that, begin!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@heirtothekingdom: It's up my man. Slow roll on this one. I know I originally said 90's Superboy, but I have stretched it to include all of Kon-El/Conner (excluding nu52 stuff) to make sure it was an interesting enough match. Kosher? Everything else look ok?

@speedster101: LOL, here's another one to keep track of!

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Sounds good, and looks good.

cool beans. Feel free to post your Introduction post.....and it will be needed. I doubt that a lot of viners are familiar with Ikaris.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: ... -_- ... At this point I almost feel like asking to be auto-T4Vd in ur debates xD

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: ... -_- ... At this point I almost feel like asking to be auto-T4Vd in ur debates xD

lol, man. Y'know there are some of us here that have been around awhile that always tag each other in debates. I will add you into my "list" if you don't mind....

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: That I agree on, I'll keep it educational for the people who don't know him. May take some time.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: That I agree on, I'll keep it educational for the people who don't know him. May take some time.

I'm cool with takin time. I haven't even started my Intro yet. Soon.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: don't forget about this man. I have finally gotten around to building Intro, will be done soon.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shtag

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always wanted to learn more about both of characters honestly, good luck to you both.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: don't forget about this man. I have finally gotten around to building Intro, will be done soon.

Did not forget about this, almost done too.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shtag

of course. Shall I just tag you in my matches for voting in the future? Put you on my "tag for votes" list?

Always wanted to learn more about both of characters honestly, good luck to you both.

thanks man. Would you like to be included in tagging for votes?

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

Did not forget about this, almost done too.

cool. let's do this!!!!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Yeah do that, you always seem to pick characters I'm interested in, it's like you read my mind 0_0

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

tag me please

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@heirtothekingdom: we really need to get our intros up hahahaha

Lol, I've been waiting for you to start :p

well don't wait for me man, I will get to it eventually (am actively working on responses to 6 other matches) but if you can do yours, please go ahead.....

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 It's finally here!

Opener

Ikaris The Eternal

Ikaris alongside Sersi, and Makkari have been among the most well known and used Eternals throughout Marvel comics, though their not too popular on the Vine. So here is someone finally someone using Ikaris in a Cav, so i'll try to keep it informative to help people who don't know much on him.

No Caption Provided

Origins:

These scans below show the origins of not only Ikaris, but all of the Eternals which were created by the Celestials. It also shows how the long time enemies of the Eternals, the Deviants were also created (by the Celestials too). Not to mention it shows what their roles are, and why the were created.

How He Got His Name:

Since i'm trying to show off Ikaris to all the new users who may not know him, here is a tragic story of what happened to Ikaris's son.

Info:

Ikaris is an extremely powerful Eternal, actually among the most powerful Eternals which reside outside of earth. Him and all the other Eternals were created by the Celestials, along with their enemies the Deviants. The Celestials made them as supposed "perfect beings" to watch over what they have created until the day they come back for what is there's. Like most Eternals, Ikaris has been alive for thousands of years, and almost immortal as they can't die from age and such (much like Olympians). Known as the physically strongest Eternal (next to Zuras and Gilgamesh), Ikaris has always been shown to be the physical Eternal that's needed when an enemy needs to be take down.

Abilities

Ikaris has the standard Superman like power-set, though he does to a lesser degree, and he has some abilities which even the man of steel doesn't have. Ikaris has Cosmic like energies flowing throughout his body, which allows him to accomplish the feats he's shown thus far. Due to his Eternal background he's immune to aging, and all earthly diseases as he's not a human (despite looking like one).

Here is a list of his powers and a little more information on them.

Superhuman Strength:

Pretty much the most obvious power he would have since he has Superman like abilities. Ikaris is a class 100+ and has been shown to be capable of brawling with the likes of Rulk and Hercules. Due to him harnessing Cosmic energies, Ikaris's strength is of such a level where his strength has been compared to that of Hercules on more than one occasion. He should have the strength to contend with a being like Superboy who displays strength on a level in my opinion under Ikaris himself. He's shown that he's easily capable of hurting the Olympian God Of War Ares with a single punch. The narration at the bottom of the scan even clearly states that Ares does not possess strength on the same level as Ikaris, which just shows you how strong he is, as Ares has given Hercules prolonged battles in the past.

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Durability:

Just like he is strong, Ikaris is capable of taking blows that would injure incredibly strong beings. Due to being an Eternal his body is much more denser than your average human meaning it is harder to deal damage to and it's hard to pierce it too. Even when fighting beings with similar levels of power, Ikaris has shown that he can take their damage and continue the fight as if he didn't take the blow. This may or may not be due to his healing factor (which is quite good), so it may not be entirely durability. Though regardless he has shown that his body can take being hit with extreme levels of force. Just to showcase how durable Ikaris is to a much greater degree here is an example of his durability in his fight with Black Bolt. Here Bolt his Ikaris with his master blow which is supposed to be his most powerful move next to his scream, though he did it with angle that made it less effective, Ikaris was still struck pretty hard. Not to mention beforehand he already struck Ikaris with a blow. Even when struck with the master blow, Ikaris was sent straight into a mountain, and although he looks hurt somewhat, it's nothing to badly which just displays how wonderful his durabiliy is. Lol, just look at how he casually lays on the mountain rubbing his head.

No Caption Provided

Energy Projection:

Being that he harness Cosmic energies through his body, Ikaris can fire those energies in blasts of energy in various ways and can vary in power. Depending on how much power Ikaris let's loose, the more powerful the said blast will be. Since the energy comes from his own power reserves, it does deplete Ikaris's power as he is using the very power that keeps him at such levels. Using extremely powerful blasts can make him weaker and he will indeed need time to recover from using up so much energy. Though he doesn't do it often, it's still something he has to be wary of as it can in fact leave him open for an attack. He doesn't only release this as one form of energy though. He can fire it as light, heat, and other forms of energy. As I've stated he cam release the energy in various ways, such as firing it from his eyes, hands, and when greatly angered throughout his whole body. His blasts can become so hot the he's melted the axe of Ares, which is obviously not Adamantium or such, but is most likely made from some durable metal.

No Caption Provided

Reflexes/Reaction Speeds:

Being that he is granted great superhuman speeds, it's quite obvious that he has some feats that would indicate he can dodge some of Superboy's blows. Ikaris has always been one of the faster Eternals next to Makkari, and has shown that with his experience in fighting for hundreds of years, his skill, and his heightened reflexes that he is capable of dodging blows from experienced fighters. A good indication of Ikaris's speed is when he faces Ares the God of war, who is quite skilled and quick. However the war God finds it quite difficult to land a blow on the Eternal who avoids both of them easily. First he is shown dodging what seems to be a blast of energy which is poured out from Ares's axe. After that he dodges a slash that could have proven fatal from the brute. While not his best reaction speeds, this should be enough for a mere opener.

No Caption Provided

His speed has even been stated to be lightning like.

No Caption Provided

Levitation:

This is an ability pretty much all Eternals have, though there are some who are more adept and skilled than others. Even top tier Eternals, find it difficult to do this. Though luckily, Ikaris is the best Eternal when it comes to this as he's most notably know who his flight which can be said to be trigged from his levitation abilities. To levitate himself, and other things, he simply manipulates gravitons to keep things uplift. With this he is able to fly, and lift things upwards. In the scans below he assists in levitating an entire ship, and to show that not only he has this ability, when he is distracted, and the ship begins to fall, Makkari the speedster Eternal uses his levitation abilities to lift it up again.

He's uses it a lot to fly.

No Caption Provided

Molecular Manipulation:

An ability almost all Eternals have is the ability to manipulate their molecules, or the molecules of other objects or things. Though not all Eternals possess this ability to the same degree. Sersi would be the most powerful when it comes to this ability, and although Ikaris is quite good with it, he mostly relies on his other powers. Though here he uses it to change his outfit.

No Caption Provided

Telepathy:

This is also an ability almost all Eternals possess, and again some possess it more than others. This is an ability Eternals use to communicate, and also a means of erasing minds, and making beings do what they wish. Ikaris seems to use this ability quite smartly, and has been shown to use it when it's useful for the situation. A great representation of this is when Sersi's friend walks in on Ikaris, and Sersi discussing, he simply erases her mind so she never remembers them.

No Caption Provided

There may be some things I'm missing out, but more or less this should be enough for an opener.

Your turn.

By the way I might add some things if you had not posted yet.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers