CaV: I_Like_Swords(Darth Maul) vs LukeHero(Solider Zero)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

I_Like_Swords(Darth Maul)

No Caption Provided

VS

LukeHero(Solider Zero)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Morals Off
  • In Character(Still Must Act & Fight Like They Normally Do)
  • Standard Gear
  • Basic Info(Powers, Gear, Skills, No Weaknesses Or Tendencies)
  • No BFR
  • Win By Death
  • Opponents Start 1 Mile Away
  • Each Opponent Is Aware Of The Other

MORDOR!!!! No Interference From Anyone or Anything

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mickey-mouse

Let me know if this is straight. I can use an indoor map if you need me to, as I can fly.

@i_like_swords

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: Sure Here Goes.

Solider Zero: A Hybrid Cyborg, Bio Suit Parasite attached to a Human Host

Nick Name: The Hybrid

Equipment:

• The Artifact
  • The Biosuit

Experience:

• The Human Host Stuart Trautmann served years in the war in Afghanistan
  • The Suit has spent decades in service towards the Solider Zero & Solider One space forces and has had several hosts.
  • Being Human Makes Stuart the perfect & most powerful host.
  • The Artifact Gives Him Battle Advice & Strategy

Powers:

• Armored Suit
  • Long Range Senors & Detection
  • Super Speed
  • Teleportation
  • Voice Changing
  • Super Strength 20+ Tonner
  • Laser Blasts
  • Context Spheres(Offensive & Defense Weapon)
  • Shields
  • Quantum Blades
  • Computer & Security Hacking Ability
  • On Board Battle Computer The Artifact
  • Space Flight

Durability & Armor(Those Big Purple Aliens Blasting Him Are Not Mere Fodder, They Are World Destroyers Called The Inheritors)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He even takes Massive Radiation Blasts.

Alright Let's Check Out What He Can Do With His Favorite Weapon of Choice "Context Spheres" & Shields:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see he can use the Context Sphere as a Shield or as a Weapon. He can even project it over a target.

Bio Scan & Hacking Ability & Tracking & Other Abilities

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Laser Blasts & Super Strength: With his laser blasts he can even hit Intangible Ghosts

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He can do targeted blasts as well & control how powerful the blast is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Combat Speed & You Can't Sneak Up On Solider Zero

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dodging Lasers From A Spaceship

Teleportation Beam: Probably Best I Blocked BFR

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He Can Teleport Himself Or Others

The Artifact, BIOSYTE, and Quantum Blades

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In Case Of Emergencies Like You Trying To Soul Control Or Mind Control The Human In The Suit, The Artifact Has a Manual Override & Can Take Over As The Main Operator by Shutting Down The Host Brain

No Caption Provided

Overall Speed

As He Is Capable of Space Flight, Solider Zero has what is called "Reentry Speeds" as he is capable of exiting & entering Earth's or any other planet's atmosphere.

No Caption Provided

I'm quite sure he is much faster than Maul in Combat & Travel Speeds

He's Not Just A Solider Zero, He's THE SOLIDER ZERO

Much like the Green Lantern Corp there is more than 1 Solider Zero, but he is no ordinary Solider Zero as The Inheritors Explain.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's very special, You See Humans Are The Perfect Hosts For Solider Zero Bio Suits, Which Makes The Suit That Much More Powerful. In The First Scans I Posted Solider Zero Actually Explains That Fact.

In Case You Need It Again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strategy:

Since we both have basic knowledge of each other, The Artifact will come up with a solid battle plan & will be able to give Stuart advice for any in game adjustments . Solider Zero will pilot the suit above the smog in Mordor to hide himself. I'm sure Mauls Jedi Senses may pick him up anyway, but Solider Zero will also scan for Maul. Solider Zero will use his travel & combat speed to avoid force choke or any force push. Zero will teleport a large bolder above Maul's head. Maul will have to use one of his force attacks to block it. Then Zero will fry him with a context sphere & lay down some of his large laser blasts.

That's it for now.

THE END.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Im going for darth maul

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shamo said:

Im going for darth maul

You vote for who has the best argument. Not for what character you want. Welcome To The Vine.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: ohh sorry.. im new here. in that case it'll be harder to choose cos im not sure how good darth mauls arguing skills is

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shamo said:

@marvel_boy2241: ohh sorry.. im new here. in that case it'll be harder to choose cos im not sure how good darth mauls arguing skills is

heh funny

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lookin' Good

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Round 1

No Caption Provided

Since we both have basic knowledge of each other, The Artifact will come up with a solid battle plan & will be able to give Stuart advice for any in game adjustments

Fair enough, although I will argue that between Maul's astonishing tactical brilliance along with his innate Force precognition, he should be one step ahead tactically here. His precognition basically allows him to see things before they happen. This can range from knowing about an opponents move before they make it, anticipating where opponents are going to aim their blaster fire before they aim their weapon and even seeing into the distant future.

Maul has shown the ability to reach out with the force in order to receive visions from the future, regarding his plans to take over Mandalore and defeat Pre Vizsla.

Maul chose to meditate, letting his mind drift among the currents and eddies of the Force, testing the probabilities that lay ahead to see how they had changed. In the majority of them, he saw, his plan still worked out as he had seen in his visions.

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Darth Maul Shadow Conspiracy

During his fight with Vizsla, it's stated that through the force Maul is able to see things before they happen.

Vizsla was an excellent duelist - strong, graceful, and able to sense what an opponent's smallest movement indicated would happen next. But for all that, Vizsla could not sense the Force. He would never be able to see things before they happened, or command the laws of the universe to bend for him.

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Darth Maul Shadow Conspiracy

Maul was actually able to use precognition as young as three years old to this effect, so if you need any further proof if his precognitive abilities I can dig that up.

I don't think combat tactics will take much of a role in this fight, however. We're on a relatively even playing field. Out in the open. It's not like either of them can lure eachother to a more beneficial area of the map, or use much of the environment to their advantage. I'd say skill level will be imperative here, and Maul has this in abundance.

Solider Zero will pilot the suit above the smog in Mordor to hide himself. I'm sure Mauls Jedi Senses may pick him up anyway, but Solider Zero will also scan for Maul.

You can't hide from Maul because he can sense opponents through ripples in the force, or life forms in general, and they will especially stand out if they are looking for him or appear to be violent (a guard, for example). Maul will be able to sense Soldier Zero as plainly as if he were a star in the sky.

Maul uses the dark side to find out that there are four beings behind a wall. He also learns, through the ripples of the force, that two of them have violent intentions, which allows him to work out that they are guards.

Finding the Neimoidian was child’s play for Maul. Walls could not stop the dark questing fingers of the Force. When he arrived at the correct domicile, he sensed that there were four beings behind the door. Monchar, of course, and the bodyguard he had seen accompanying him. The dull ripples of the other two rumbled with suppressed violence. More guards, no doubt.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

The force alerts Maul to a bounty hunter who is following him, despite the fact she is out of visible range and couldn't be heard from this distance. However, because she does not have violent intentions Maul dismisses her presence.

As he surveilled the Neimoidian and his guard, however, Maul felt a small prickling of something—not real danger, but a kind of disquiet— touch his awareness. He looked about and listened carefully, but did not see any cause for this. He expanded his consciousness, let the dark currents of the Force extend outward from him— and became aware of another presence behind him, hidden from normal sight and hearing. Probably just another of the many predators in this dreary place, looking for prey. Now that he was aware of the presence, Maul dismissed it. He felt no real concentrations of the Force emanating from the hidden watcher, and thus whoever he was and whatever his reasons for being here, he did not pose a threat.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Maul's force awareness is so advanced that he can sense things behind him so well he may aswell have eyes in the back of his head. (this type of awareness was shown earlier when Maul redirected a blaster bolt after it had been fired from behind, while fighting a Dark Jedi, with ease)

Two of the droids— Rapier and Chain, he silently named them— were within his field of vision. The other two— Cudgel and Hachete— were not, being behind him. It did not matter; through his awareness of the Force he could sense their movements as plainly as if he had eyes in the back of his head.

Solider Zero will use his travel & combat speed to avoid force choke or any force push.

He has pretty high travel speed, as you noted above, his suit is designed for space travel. Although, I doubt he'd be moving at mach speeds constantly during the battle unless he was trying to avoid something, which can be hard to remember to avoid when what you're dodging is invisible (the Force). I'm sure once Soldier Zero begins concentrating on attacking Maul he will leave himself open for a force grip, which Maul can use to rip him out of the sky.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And if you're questioning whether Maul has the strength to use Force Grip a living being with it's own willpower, then the answer is yes. Maul has actually used Force Grip on Obi-Wan Kenobi numerous times right off the bat, despite Kenobi being completely fresh and ready to fight, being a force sensitive with his own telekinesis feats, and having his own innate force shields to protect him from such an assault. If Maul can effortlessly force choke someone with defences against Telekinesis, what chance has Soldier Zero got?

Also, I do question his combat speed. The best you've shown from him in that regard is dodging laser blasts from a ship. Which is somewhat impressive, but when we're talking about someone of Maul's speed, dodging energy projectiles is the least impressive of his feats.

He sidesteps blaster bolts at close range with utter ease.

Maul opened the door and stepped into the office. Trezza was seated behind his massive desk. Kilindi stood before him. And Meltch Krakko stood on the far side of the room, near an open fireplace.

Kilindi gasped at the sight of Maul's blood-soaked body. Maul fixed his gaze on Krakko and walked straight toward him. Even though Maul was not carrying any weapons, Krakko drew his blaster and fired at him. Maul jerked his body to the left, dodged the blaster bolt, and kept walking toward Krakko. Krakko fired two more shots. Maul dodged those too before he grabbed Krakko's gun arm with one hand, and his neck with the other.

The Wrath of Darth Maul
No Caption Provided

He was dodging two gatling blasters firing at him simultaneously there, with utter ease during a training session. This overshadows anything Soldier Zero has demonstrated in combat speed, and I haven't even gotten to Maul's good speed feats yet.

Combat Speed Feats which dwarf Soldier Zero's.

Maul spins a web of light out of his lightsaber blades during a fight.

He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Spins his blade during combat, so fast, it forms a shield.

But they did not prevent her from deflecting his strikes as he again moved within range, his twin blades spinning so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Moves faster than the eye can see.

“You— you don’t understand ,” he said. “You can’t be here. He thinks you’re dead.” Zero started to stand up, and Maul’s hand moved faster than the eye could see, grabbing Zero’s fork and slamming it down so that it impaled the Twi’lek’s sleeve, pinning his arm to the table.

Maul: Lockdown

Activates his lightsaber just in time to deflect seven blaster bolts from a bounty hunter at close range, his hands moving in a blur.

He thumbed on both blades as the next blaster bolt and half a dozen more came his way in rapid succession. The Sith apprentice’s hands were a blur as he let the dark side take him over completely, giving in to its power and allowing it to control and manipulate him. Blaster bolts struck the lightsaber’s spinning blades and were deflected into the walls, the ceiling, the floor. No time to aim, though a bolt or two did hit the bounty hunter without apparent effect.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

States he can kill four or five beings in the flicker of an eyelash.

The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest. Frustration boils inside me. These interruptions deflect me from my mission.

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Slashes a droid twice, so fast an onlooker couldn't even see either blow delivered.

Anger rises in me, which is good. The darkness crests and roars. I twist in the air, my lightsaber twirling, revolving. Its balance is perfect in my hand. I strike one hard blow to the left flank of the droid. I feel the power of the move reverberate all the way to my shoulder. It gratifies me. The other blow to the right follows a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first.

Maul speedblitzes multiple squads of battle droids. A squad is made up of 8 droids. He would of been deflecting dozens of blaster bolts from numerous angles while doing this.

Calling his long lightsaber to his hand, he made short work of the squad, decapitating them with his blade or exploding them by deflecting blaster bolts back at them. The brief altercation drew several more patrols, the members of which he similarly dismembered.

End Game

Maul clearing through a 20 meter line's worth of Gungan soldiers, decapitating and slicing in half all of them, while dodging their spears and bombs.

Some of the Gungan riders saw him coming and took aim. Maul twisted his body, either evading flights of energy lances and spheres or fending them off with the lightsaber. Letting go of the STAP when he was still twenty meters from Ganne and the general, he called on the Force to send himself tearing through a score of mounted Gungans. It was clear that they had never seen anything like him. But then, who had? What Sith in the past thousand years had been allowed to wield a lightsaber in open battle? Was that in itself not enough to qualify him as atrue Sith?

The rubbery Gungans all but disintegrated at the touch of the twin blades Maul had hoped to reserve for the Jedi. Their billed heads flew in all directions. His slashes halved them down the middle or through the midsection, and they squawked as they died. Their nostrils flared and their eyes bulged from their heads, and the white sand beach grew puddled with their blood. Maul maneuvered closer to Ganne, cutting the legs out from under the Gungans’ mounts or impaling them on his lightsaber. He launched himself into the air when he was still five meters from the Boss and the general. The latter lost his head to one of the blades, and Ganne was knocked from his mount by Maul’s extended left hand.

End Game

Moves faster than a droid can see.

Maul delivered a sharp kick to the droid's spherical underside. The droid soared toward the ceiling but regained control before impact and flew back toward the Sith. Maul leaped aside, moving faster than the droid's photoreceptor could follow. The droid raced past him and smashed hard against the cell wall.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Creating massive after-images with his blade.

Travel/Combat Speed Feats on foot that dwarf SZ's.

Dodges a wrist-launcher rocket after it was fired at extremely close range, disappearing in a blur before the bounty hunter's eyes.

Desperate, she reached for her wrist launcher. Her only chance was to hit the horned one squarely and hope that the explosion would be contained enough by the other’s body to allow Lihnn to survive. But as she triggered the launcher the tattooed man seemed to disappear in a blur. All of a sudden there was a hole in the wall where an instant ago it had been solid.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Maul running five times faster than a human can travel. The average human can sprint between 12-15mph, meaning Maul's top sprint speed averages out somewhere between 60-75mph.

But there was an even quicker way to overtake them. He called upon the Force, moving easily five times faster than a human could travel at a dead run. There was no way they could escape him now.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Moves so fast that recording equipment needs to be slowed down to see him.

When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.

Episode I Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul

So I think with that we've established Maul has the advantage in speed, by a very sizeable margin, based on what you've shown so far.

Zero will teleport a large bolder above Maul's head. Maul will have to use one of his force attacks to block it.

This is quite incorrect. Due to Maul's unconsciously working precognition he will see the boulder being placed above his head before it is even teleported there, and will promptly move out of the way with ease as it lands next to him.

Then Zero will fry him with a context sphere & lay down some of his large laser blasts.

Eh, I doubt it. I showed Maul earlier speedblitzing 20 meters worth of Gungan soldiers during the Naboo crisis, in which explosives were going off left, right and center. I doubt the context spheres AoE abilities will be able to tag someone as fast as Maul without a great amount of precision.. something I haven't seen from SZ yet. And again, with the laser blasts, they are easily avoided.

Thusfar I haven't seen anything to suggest Maul cannot predict and avoid any assault sent his way. I've also seen nothing to suggest that while Soldier Zero unleashes such attacks, Maul cannot simply rip him out the sky and force a close range engagement like he has done to people with telekinetic defences before. And I've shown that Maul's travelling (on foot) and combat speed feats are also far superior to Soldier Zero's which will allow Maul to close the gap before the spaceman can react and cut him in half with a lightsaber capable of cutting through solid metal without friction.

Your turn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Btw, I'm directly copying the quotes and their descriptions from my Maul respect threads, so if they have added snippets of information that don't make sense, just know that it's because I didn't edit them out. I'm lazy :p

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: I copied and pasted from another battle thread. Once I make a battle thread, I add it to my watched topics & never lose it. :D LAZY HIGH FIVE!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Haaa, nice. Look forward to your counter, hombre.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords: Going for multiple CaV's at once? This should be interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I have about four or five going at the moment xD I get bored without anyone to debate against so I make sure I have multiple debates in the works. I have some with non-replyers that will hopefully come back to life.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@i_like_swords: I copied and pasted from another battle thread. Once I make a battle thread, I add it to my watched topics & never lose it. :D LAZY HIGH FIVE!!!

Everytime I comment in a thread, It automaticially adds it into my watched topics.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Yeah, that's what it is supposed to do. All you have to do is refresh and click unwatched.

@shootingnova: I have about four or five going at the moment xD I get bored without anyone to debate against so I make sure I have multiple debates in the works. I have some with non-replyers that will hopefully come back to life.

You still working on my tourney right. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Of course, just waiting on that reply. Kind of like I'm eagerly awaiting your reply on this thread! ;D

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Guess it gets to late when you have to click unwatch 3000+ times.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mickey-mouse

@pr0metheus: Hell no, I only keep the threads on watch that I need to copy & paste stuff from.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@pr0metheus: Hell no, I only keep the threads on watch that I need to copy & paste stuff from.

I just bookmark them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Been working on that post in word document. I have it saved. I have been working on my own tourney as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: Sorry it took me so long. LOL. Maul is tough. :D Respect.

Fair enough, although I will argue that between Maul's astonishing tactical brilliance along with his innate Force precognition, he should be one step ahead tactically here. His precognition basically allows him to see things before they happen. This can range from knowing about an opponents move before they make it, anticipating where opponents are going to aim their blaster fire before they aim their weapon and even seeing into the distant future.

Maul has shown the ability to reach out with the force in order to receive visions from the future, regarding his plans to take over Mandalore and defeat Pre Vizsla.

That's a huge claim, so me some scans please.

He has pretty high travel speed, as you noted above, his suit is designed for space travel. Although, I doubt he'd be moving at mach speeds constantly during the battle unless he was trying to avoid something, which can be hard to remember to avoid when what you're dodging is invisible (the Force). I'm sure once Soldier Zero begins concentrating on attacking Maul he will leave himself open for a force grip, which Maul can use to rip him out of the sky.

If Bobba Fett with his Jet Pack can avoid force grip, Solider Zero can do the same.

If Maul can effortlessly force choke someone with defences against Telekinesis, what chance has Soldier Zero got?

Zero has already battled a TK user.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Solider Zero can just use his context spheres to break the grip any how.

Also, I do question his combat speed. The best you've shown from him in that regard is dodging laser blasts from a ship. Which is somewhat impressive, but when we're talking about someone of Maul's speed, dodging energy projectiles is the least impressive of his feats.

He sidesteps blaster bolts at close range with utter ease.

Dodging lasers from a Space Ship is more impressive than what you showed me from Maul, also Zero dodged direct laser fire when they had him surrounded.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is quite incorrect. Due to Maul's unconsciously working precognition he will see the boulder being placed above his head before it is even teleported there, and will promptly move out of the way with ease as it lands next to him.

Be nice if you could show me Maul responding to something like that. Also Zero could just teleport Maul inside the Volcano. Then what?

Eh, I doubt it. I showed Maul earlier speedblitzing 20 meters worth of Gungan soldiers during the Naboo crisis, in which explosives were going off left, right and center. I doubt the context spheres AoE abilities will be able to tag someone as fast as Maul without a great amount of precision.. something I haven't seen from SZ yet. And again, with the laser blasts, they are easily avoided.

Maul is going to dodge a context sphere? Solider Zero can just put it around him, it's not something that Maul can simply dodge. He's using his tracking computer to place the Sphere around Maul. Zero even uses the the spheres around several missiles, meaning he can make multiple spheres. Also Zero will be laying down huge Mountain busting blasts. Show me Maul dodging that many MEGA BLASTS at the same time?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thusfar I haven't seen anything to suggest Maul cannot predict and avoid any assault sent his way. I've also seen nothing to suggest that while Soldier Zero unleashes such attacks, Maul cannot simply rip him out the sky and force a close range engagement like he has done to people with telekinetic defences before. And I've shown that Maul's travelling (on foot) and combat speed feats are also far superior to Soldier Zero's which will allow Maul to close the gap before the spaceman can react and cut him in half with a lightsaber capable of cutting through solid metal without friction.

Solider Zero has a force field, he's not TK crushing him or ripping through it. Also Maul still has to see his target. Sure he can sense zero, but you're going to have to show me a scan of him ripping a blazing speed being out of the sky while being blasted with Mega Blasts. Also Zero is high in the clouds & above the smog of Mordor? Can Maul rip something out of the sky he can't even see? Scans Please.

Zero has engaged in combat with multiple users of huge Mega Blasts and has been able to dodge him. If General Grevious & the much MUCH MUCH slower Bobba Fett can keep up and avoid Force Attacks, so can Solider Zero.

If you notice Solider Zero's force field has to be cut through up close, Zero won't let you get that close. You're going to have to show me Maul force crushing a huge powerful force-field.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Once again none of Mauls Combat Speed Feats are dwarfing the things Zero is doing.

If anyone is faster here, it's Zero IMO, but we'll let voters decide who is faster, or if the speed is that big of a gap.

Once again sorry I took so long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Luke: That's a huge claim, so me some scans please.

I dropped two quotes from one of Maul's novels regarding his precognition in the post above. I won't be able to get the other precognition quotes till tomorrow but they do exist. Precognition is an innate ability in all Force sensitives anyway.

If Bobba Fett with his Jet Pack can avoid force grip, Solider Zero can do the same.

Boba Fett has never shown the ability to avoid a Force grip so that comparison doesn't work.

If Maul can effortlessly force choke someone with defences against Telekinesis, what chance has Soldier Zero got?

Zero has already battled a TK user.

Solider Zero can just use his context spheres to break the grip any how.

Can you expand on this a bit more? I don't know anything about this telekinetic Soldier Zero fought so I don't really know how to counter your argument. For all I know he could be a terrible telekinetic compared to Maul or 10x better.

Dodging lasers from a Space Ship is more impressive than what you showed me from Maul, also Zero dodged direct laser fire when they had him surrounded.

Not true. Maul has shown just as good reaction speed. Here is Maul as a teenager running through a hail of blaster fire without getting hit:

Confliction paralyzed him. Would his Master expect him to show sympathy? Even if the test had gone awry, Talzin might still be one of Sidious’ agents, and thus deserving of his help. Did the dark side of the Force ever permit self-sacrifice? Cursing through his gritted teeth, he put his right arm through the bow and hooked it over his shoulder, then ran through a hail of blaster bolts to reach Talzin. Heaving her over his shoulder, he raced for the safety of the adjacent bay, the two Nightsisters steps behind.

Short sword in hand and evading bolts from Weequay and Siniteen blasters, Maul sprinted for the control room bulkhead.

The Wrath of Darth Maul

I think it's safe to say Maul and Soldier Zero can both comfortably dodge laser fire, but what has Soldier Zero done in terms of actual combat speed to say he could compete with Maul in a grounded confrontation? Maul is capable of killing five beings in the flicker of an eyelash, forming a web of lightsaber residue (which is insanely difficult to do considering how fast afterimages dissipate) and striking at such speeds he appears to be everywhere at once, all at the same time.

Maul spins a web of light out of his lightsaber blades during a fight.

He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

States he can kill four or five beings in the flicker of an eyelash.

The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest. Frustration boils inside me. These interruptions deflect me from my mission.

Maul is fighting so fast, that his blows seem to be coming from everywhere, being delivered all at once. That's alright on it's own, but Maul just moments prior to this fight had been shot in the right arm at point blank by a blaster. He didn't even have full use of his right arm and he was capable of moving at such speeds.

In his mind, the duel was all but over— his opponent was now dragging out the inevitable moment of defeat in a series of small humiliations. By turning to such diversionary tactics, Vosa had all but admitted that she was no match for the erratic staccato blows that he was delivering, seemingly from everywhere, all at once.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

I'm just saying - if this fight gets within lightsaber distance I don't see how Soldier Zero can cope.

Be nice if you could show me Maul responding to something like that. Also Zero could just teleport Maul inside the Volcano. Then what?

Well for one, his precog is flat out described in the way that he can "see things before they happen". As a teenager in training he could effortlessly dodge blaster bolts and even predict where they would be before they left the barrel, while having his back turned to two separate shooters (one being a Mandalorian Commando, so no slouch in accuracy). I will dig the exact quotes up for you tomorrow when I get my hands on them, but they happened in the novel The Wrath of Darth Maul.

Remember - we're talking about the guy who effortlessly reacts to blaster bolt after they are at full travel speed, sending them back to their shooters without even looking.

No Caption Provided

I'm sure Maul could move out the way of a boulder which travels at far slower speeds.

As for the teleporting into the volcano - not only is that basically BFR which is against the rules, but it's not even in character for Soldier Zero to do so. You showed one scan of him teleporting someone to a hospital, yet in every other fight he's been in that I've seen he hasn't done any forced-teleporting. Unless you can prove this is a tactic he favors, I can't accept that he'd suddenly begin utilizing it in this fight.

Maul is going to dodge a context sphere? Solider Zero can just put it around him, it's not something that Maul can simply dodge. He's using his tracking computer to place the Sphere around Maul. Zero even uses the the spheres around several missiles, meaning he can make multiple spheres. Also Zero will be laying down huge Mountain busting blasts. Show me Maul dodging that many MEGA BLASTS at the same time?

You haven't shown Soldier Zero using a context sphere on anyone like Maul, though. Maul's travel speed is such that he is able to run faster than recording equipment can pick up when not running in slow motion, and sprint at upwards of 75 miles per hour. He perceives superhumanly fast droids in slow motion. In your scans he uses the context spheres on missiles - which aren't living beings and have no resistance to such attacks - and some guy who doesn't have comparable speed or avoidance to Maul as far as I've been made aware.

He could have launched his lightsaber into a telekinetic spear heading straight for Soldier Zero well before his had mind registered the act, or could have ripped him out the sky with TK while he concentrated with his context spheres.

Mountain busting blasts? Where did Soldier Zero bust a mountain?

Solider Zero has a force field, he's not TK crushing him or ripping through it. Also Maul still has to see his target. Sure he can since zero, but you're going to have to show me a scan of him ripping a blazing speed being out of the sky while being blasted with Mega Blasts.

Zero has engaged in combat with multiple users of huge Mega Blasts and has been able to dodge him. If General Grevious & the much MUCH MUCH slower Bobba Fett can keep up and avoid Force Attacks, so can Solider Zero.

If you notice Solider Zero's force field has to be cut through up close, Zero won't let you get that close. You're going to have to show me Maul force crushing a huge powerful force-field.

For all his Forcefields worth, he still got restrained with TK in one of the scans you posted in this very thread:

No Caption Provided

Also, you're saying Soldier Zero will be moving at "blazing speeds" while sending out "mega blasts", yet, in every scan I've seen, he's performed either activity individually rather than simultaneously. When he used his teleport or context spheres he stopped and concentrated. What I was saying in my last post was - Soldier Zero can't use his abilities effectively while flying at high travel speeds. And seeing as he, as per your scans, has failed to withstand a telekinetic assault from someone who at this moment is a featless telekinetic, how can I take your word for it that Maul cannot rip him out the sky, when Maul has effortlessly choked someone like Obi-Wan Kenobi who actually has force-shields against telekinesis?

General Grievous has succumb to telekinetic attacks numerous times before to guys like Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress, but on another note, he's also vastly faster than both Maul and Soldier Zero, so that and the Boba Fett comparison don't work.

Once again none of Mauls Combat Speed Feats are dwarfing the things Zero is doing.

If anyone is faster here, it's Zero IMO, but we'll let voters decide who is faster, or if the speed is that big of a gap.

Once again sorry I took so long.

You've shown Zero dodging laser blasts, like I've done with Maul, and we know he can fly fast. However, you've also shown that he needs to slow down from such speeds in order to carry out his many useful abilities. And because of this, I challenge if he can out-speed Maul using telekinesis given Mauls better perception time (seeing in slow motion, precognition). Also, when we're talking on the ground, Zero doesn't have the combat speed feats to suggest that he can contend with Maul in hand-to-hand, given Maul's hand and sprint speeds with his lightsaber and legs respectively.

Basically, my argument is that Soldier Zero is going to need something to counter Maul's telekinesis. The context spheres are an issue for Maul, and under even circumstances, the telekinesis and context spheres should cancel each other out. However, I've shown Maul has enhanced perception speed - you haven't done so for Soldier Zero. This leads me to believe Maul can carry out attacks telekinetically faster than Soldier Zero. Also, while Zero utilizes a context sphere, he could very well be interrupted by it if Maul utilizes a telekinetic saber throw, like I showed in my scans earlier. This moment of respite would allow Maul to grab thepreoccupied Soldier and bring him down to ground level, where Maul excels. His lightsabers cutting potential, and his personal martial arts mastery in combination with his sheer unstoppable combat speed should allow him to do work - if he can get Soldier Zero up close. And because of his telekinesis, in conjunction with the fact Soldier Zero needs to concentrate to perform abilities, I think he can pull off such a tactic.

Don't worry about reply times, we're all busy with our own lives and you have a tourney to run!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: This is just a pause for the cause. :D

Let me go ahead and tell you MY Bad on the Precog thing, that's not what I meant. I'll explain later.

Can you expand on this a bit more? I don't know anything about this telekinetic Soldier Zero fought so I don't really know how to counter your argument. For all I know he could be a terrible telekinetic compared to Maul or 10x better.

The guy he was fighting is called The Traveler. Boom Studios character.

I just wanted you know that. I'll come back to this, this week, Maul is pretty tough. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Oh, alright, no problem.

I read his page - it doesn't say anything about his telekinesis even though he obviously does have it.

This week will do just fine. Soldier Zero is pretty tough too, I'll admit. It's a good match up. ;D

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: I have more scans of him using it. The Traveler is actually really powerful & has a long list of powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Cool, man. I look forward to seein' dis.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @pr0metheus: Lol. I need to make a post. Then we can finish up, this is something I'm gonna have to get to this weekend. If you wanna continue?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Sure, I'm up for concluding this. It was a decent little debate and I learnt a fair bit about Soldier Zero.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Yeah, this was pretty nice, didn't know Maul was so versatile, he is really underrated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

he is really underrated.

Oh don't even get me started... xD

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: Whatever happened with your Star Wars tourney? I never saw any posts or threads, did I miss it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I wouldn't mind doing a team up sort of Tourney? Focusing on midtier and street level Star Wars and Marvel characters. Star Wars vs Marvel. You get perks for choosing all,star wars team or an all Marvel team? 16 People, tourney. 2 of my tourneys have successfully made it to the end. TTBA vs Those Eyes is the last battle in the PYP tourney, and Dexter vs Sovereign is the last battle from my $$$ Tourney. I'm running a high tier tourney that's progressing into the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind working on a project like this once I finish up some comic vine work. Maybe launch a tourney like this in 2 weeks? If your interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: That sounds very interesting actually. I've wanted to do something like that for a while. We could co-host it if you want? Not gonna lie, you are very good at creating and managing tournaments. Wouldn't pick anyone else for the job. We can work out the kinks in a pm.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers