#1 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7588 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by dondave (37360 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#5 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo Ratman !!!

#6 Posted by Pierpat (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Please tag for voting, can't miss a ratman fight.

#7 Posted by SMXLR8 (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

I might vote on this

#8 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: to quote a Italian plumer, here we gooo.

Mamoru

swaggie

Mamoru Hijikata, the blind swordsmen who isn't always blind, Mamoru is a remarkable swordsmen with somewhat relaxed morals. He is known for his demonic nature, skill and overall stamina. While he doesn't posses superhuman strength or durability he more then makes up for it with his speed, reactions, and enhanced senses.

In short: He's a badass.

Skill

As I've already mentioned, Mamoru is known for his skills. From the underground of Tokyo to battlefields of Ghana Blade's(this his nickname that I'll be using from now on) is both admired and feared throughout, even earning him a 100 million dollar bounty.

The honing of said skills was a grueling process as shown in his training regiments and his overall natural talents with the sword.

1-4: The scans display his training from age 10-18

He has a plethora of feat that proves martial skill with the blade obviously I could go on and on about it, but I'm quite confident I don't have to prove much, since I'm quite confident your character doesn't have an once of martial skill and skills is always a difficult thing to debate.

I will show these scans that will be you a good Idea of how good his is.

From the scans you can gather:

• His swift movements
  • His speed that was able cross a decent distanced in a instant
  • And slight of hand and timing for his blade to drop.

(like I said a hard thing to prove)

He is also immensely precise being able to sever a man's throat, not an effort to kill him, but to actually just omit his ability to speak.

Speed

When dealing with his his it's more of a case of Quality over quantity. Meaning that Mamoru doesn't really possess many speed feats, due to the fact that half the manga he was just fighting nameless lackeys(he has only recently started to go against formidable foes.

Though from the only speed feat he has you can gauge that Blade moves blatantly faster then the human eye

1-3: Blade and his opponent instantly disappear from their battle spectators sights. There are a few others but this is the best.

Reflexes/Enhanced Senses

Blade's sense and reflexes are honestly the only superhuman quality he posses. He is blatantly able to cut pistol fire right after it has been shoot. As shown in the scans, below.

And while he admits machine gun fire is out of his league, he has shown to be able to deflect single shots from them.

His senses are also impressive. As the old cliche goes, "when you lose your sight, your other sense compensates" it's especially true for Blade. Like literally, seconds after losing his sight his sense of touch increased enough for him to still battle opponents that gave him problems when he had vision.

Gear

Finally what is the swordsman without the sword. Blade welds a sword that is able to several molecular bonds allowing to him to cut though d*** near anything.

Now I can show literally, hundreds of scans of him cutting though brick, iron,and steel all day,but instead I'll show this:

In his fight *reference back to my speed scans* Blade was able to severally damage an arm coated with titanium, and ceramic armor that was made to specifically stop bullets.

He also posses 10 throwing knives, and ultra sonic shades that allow him to see.

To Sum:

Due to his swordsmanship and precision he should pull a decent win off Ratman. Add to the fact that one swipe from his mono swords will do immense damage to the him Ratman can't really afford many hits from Mamoru. There's also the matter of Mamoru's reflexes that should allow him him to avoid many of the rat's hits.

#9 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7588 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

Ratman

Character Info

When Shooto Katsuragi was a young child,Shooto met his idol "Shiningman" during a terrorist attack and Shiningman gave Shooto a speech about the purpose of heroes to be about.Shiningman got Shooto out of the terrorist attack without Shooto being hurt and Shooto always dreamt about to become a hero ever since.Years pass by,the 16 year old Shooto been kidnapped by a purposely evil secretly society named "Jackall".Shooto saw his friend "Mirea Mizushima" was also kidnapped by Jackall.Shooto was given a watch to turn him into Ratman and a contact to sign to become a hero by a random hero.After all of that,Shooto turned into Ratman for the first time.When Ratman saved Mirea,he instantly find out that it was a trick by Jackall to make him into a villainess member of Jackall.He also found out that random hero was a minion of Jackall and also that Mirea is the sister of the leader of Jackall.Shooto is force to be a member of Jackall and take part of their goals.

Later chapter reveals that Shooto had his memories altered in the Shiningman event.Shooto was almost dead in the terrorist attack before Shiningman gave Shooto a blood transfusion that gave Shooto the S Gene/S Factor that was him become Ratman.The S Gene was the real reason for Jackall make him a valuable member.

Durability/Damage Soak

Ratman was extremely low on energy,he tanked 100+ feet fall to the concrete ground.

Ratman tank punches from a bloodlusted Roiko.Roiko with morals on was capable to punch a concrete utility pole in half

Shooto regain control his over powers and he shown that he have a high resistance to pain

Strength

Ratman rip off a car door with no effort

Ratman bend a iron pipe

Ratman claws is able to easily cut concrete

Speed

Ratman while weaken caught a speed car that was moving above 100mph(it also a strength feat too)

Shooto dodge machine gun fire while not using his Ratman abilities

Misc

Ratman was greatly holding back against Rio.He show that Rio's combat capability wasn't enough against Rio.Rio is above decent in H2H combat.

Ratman beat two goons in H2H combat to save his sisters.Beating 2 goons isn't that impressive,but in the last scan.Ratman did a Spider-Man like feat where he flick his finger to KO one of the goons.

Ratman show that he have a healing factor

Ratman(he was in Berserker mode)shoot out energy blasts against the heroes

Right To Left

Ratman probably strongest attack the "Shining Ray" and he use it to beat Unchain.It more powerful than the energy blasts shown above

#12 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac:

@homicidalmaniac:

So it's as I expected, physically(in terms of strength and durability) Ratman exceeds Mamoru. Is that enough though? Me thinks nay.

Ratman was extremely low on energy,he tanked 100+ feet fall to the concrete ground.Ratman tank punches from a bloodlusted Roiko.Roiko with morals on was capable to punch a concrete utility pole in half.

These are great showing of blunt force durability, but it shows nothing to suggest that Ratman will be able to take a single slash from Mamoru. As I've already shown, Mamoru is able to severely damage and arm coated with Titanium, but if you find my showing a tad bit ambiguous here are a few more direct feats.

• 1-3: Cuts though 2 steel girders that supported an entire floor.
  • 4-6: Cuts though a tank then cuts clean though its top
  • 7:Cut though though a gun

What's more impressive is that all of these were done with one swipe. So unless you proved that Ratman has tank level durability, I see no reason to not believe that one slash from Mamoru would cause considerable damaged. As for Ratman strength, I concede that he's obviously stronger, and hell he might be able to one shot...If he managed to hit him.

Ratman was greatly holding back against Rio.He show that Rio's combat capability wasn't enough against Rio.Rio is above decent in H2H combat.Ratman beat two goons in H2H combat to save his sisters.Beating 2 goons isn't that impressive,but in the last scan.Ratman did a Spider-Man like feat where he flick his finger to KO one of the goons.

Beating a some somewhat skilled teenage girl and 2 random thugs isn't good enough to compete with Mamoru

1-4: Mamoru makes quick work of trained Ninjas, and highly armed mercenaries. There are literally dozen of other examples. Even with his "showings" of skills, I see no reason to believe that he will even be able to touch Mamoru considering his reactions and heighten perceptions as explain and shown in the scans below.

So if RM even focus on him, Mamoru would be able to predict the course of RM's attacks.

Ratman show that he have a healing factor

Has it shown to regenerate severed limb, because that's something Mamoru is quite fond of doing.

Ratman(he was in Berserker mode)shoot out energy blasts against the heroes/Ratman probably strongest attack the "Shining Ray" and he use it to beat Unchain.It more powerful than the energy blasts shown above

Now here's the only thing I'm worried about. If it were to hit Mamoru it'll be the end, but here's the problem. 1. It's not in character for him to start with this attack, and dealing with Mamoru, the match won't last long enough for RM to use it. 2. Mamoru heighten perception will probably warn Mamoru of the attack. 3. The attack takes awhile, albeit a small while, to charge the RM shows it he runs the rick of losing a limb or a head.

To Sum Up

Mamoru speed and perceptions will allow him to avoid all of Ratman's attacks. If Mamoru sword makes contact it'll probably make quite work out of Ratman's durability.

#13 Edited by Thitiki (3711 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice so far, tag for voting.

#14 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

So it's as I expected, physically(in terms of strength and durability) Ratman exceeds Mamoru. Is that enough though? Me thinks nay.

Of course,I do see Ratman having troubles with Mamoru

These are great showing of blunt force durability, but it shows nothing to suggest that Ratman will be able to take a single slash from Mamoru. As I've already shown, Mamoru is able to severely damage and arm coated with Titanium, but if you find my showing a tad bit ambiguous here are a few more direct feats

What's more impressive is that all of these were done with one swipe. So unless you proved that Ratman has tank level durability, I see no reason to not believe that one slash from Mamoru would cause considerable damaged. As for Ratman strength, I concede that he's obviously stronger, and hell he might be able to one shot...If he managed to hit him

I wasn't trying to say that Ratman would no sold Mamoru's blade slashes,but showing what Ratman durability is capable of and should endure the pain against the piercing attacks.Ratman has tank explosions at point blank range in current translated chapters so far as his best durability feats.Ratman should still manage against Mamoru's speed.Ratman in Berserker mode has a "faster than the human eye" feat against Ankaister,but Ankaister has dodges multiple bullets at near point blank.

Beating a some somewhat skilled teenage girl and 2 random thugs isn't good enough to compete with Mamoru

The goons and Rio feats weren't Ratman best H2H feats.I already stated that the goons wasn't meant to be impressive..Ratman and a more powerful version of Ankaister in their last rematch shown that became on-par with each other in H2H skill.If I recall correctly,one of Ankaister's punches might had broken the sound barrier in his second fight against Ratman,but I could be wrong.Of course,Mamoru does look more skill than Ratman,but Ratman isn't a sloth when comes to skill against other fighters.

Ratman and Ankaister third/last fight

Has it shown to regenerate severed limb, because that's something Mamoru is quite fond of doing.

I honestly don't know how fully good his healing is,the last chapters of the series haven't been translated yet and they mainly consists of the final battle against Sin.Sin seems like he isn't a street level character if not at least high end street level.I haven't read what Ratman had done against Sin in the raw chapters and Ratman most likely gotten better overall feats in durability,strength,healing,and etc.In theory, the S Gene that Ratman have inside him is the main reason that Ratman survive everything in the series and it should work on a cellular healing level via the S Gene.

So if RM even focus on him, Mamoru would be able to predict the course of RM's attacks.

Has characters in Mamoru series has counter the Mamoru's predicting attacks?

Now here's the only thing I'm worried about. If it were to hit Mamoru it'll be the end, but here's the problem. 1. It's not in character for him to start with this attack, and dealing with Mamoru, the match won't last long enough for RM to use it. 2. Mamoru heighten perception will probably warn Mamoru of the attack. 3. The attack takes awhile, albeit a small while, to charge the RM shows it he runs the rick of losing a limb or a head.

Shooto in full control of Ratman wouldn't start off using his energy projectiles,but Shooto goes in Berserker mode around little less than half of his battles. Berserker mode like to shoot out the energy projectiles.Has the Mamoru's heighten perception ever been warned against any types of energy blasts?The time probably takes at best a few seconds and the distance between Ratman and Mamoru would matter in the fight.