CAV: Hawkeye (Serrure) vs Kraven (Nima)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hawkeye (@serrure)

No Caption Provided

~VS~

Kraven the Hunter (@nimamindtricks)

No Caption Provided

Battle Location:Post-Apocalypse New York

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random Encounter
  • Fight starts 100 feet from each other. Both sides start out visible to one another.
  • Everything within a 1 mile radius of this battle location is on-limits.
  • Hawkeye has standard arrows/trick arrows on him and a couple knives
  • Kraven has various hunting gear on him.
  • No BFR
  • Victory by any means

Voters:Please hold off on your views/opinions of who wins this battle until both sides have completed their debate and voting has opened. Like most CAVs, request to be tagged.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure Posted it today instead of tomorrow cuz I will be busy. Let me know if you wanna open! :)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@serrure Posted it today instead of tomorrow cuz I will be busy. Let me know if you wanna open! :)

Dope battle T4V when ready please!!!!!!!

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@nimamindtricks: ill try to open but i gotta referee a game at 9 AM and then i gotta do a ton of crap then another game at 1:30 PM

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: take your time. I've never been time-anal about my CAVs.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Tag for votes

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serrure

@nimamindtricks: alright this probably wont be completed so dont reply right away

Hawkeye

No Caption Provided

FAQs about Hawkeye

I asked my friends their top questions about Hawkeye lets take a look

Is he Under-rated?

Hell yes he is. The guy hasnt lived this long because he sucks.

Is he Peak-Human?

Simple answer: Yes. but it goes more than that. like batman he has had showings of Super-Human caliber

Do you think he could beat Batman?

No comment the fanboys will come after me

Do you think he could beat Green Arrow?

This interview is over

without further ado here's Hawkeye

Physicals

Kraven is most likely superior but by how much?

I kind of hinted at this earlier but Hawkeye has some showings of a superhuman nature.

now theres some context behind this fight that i need to explain (damn the 3 scan rule)

Captain America was beating Clint, but Clint remembered the lessons Captain America taught him and realized he was doing the same moves in the fight. Clint recognized this and was able to capitalize on it.

heres what you can take from this fight

Clint has the necessary Speed and Reflexes to keep up in close quarters combat with Steve. Impressive for sure

ok now this is a fight Clint loses. Only because his big head causes him to lose.

When he had his bow and arrows he was matching US agent in fact US Agent said he was winded from Hawkeyes Gauntlet of arrows.

When he threw them away US Agent used his 10 ton strength to over power Clint. but look at how many hits it took. Kraven is 1 to 2 tons iirc

thats some serious durability

No Caption Provided

did you just see him push that car off of himself?

See him dodge several of Angels metal blades. he tanked a ton of them as well

Overview of This

let me explain why Hawkeye performs these seemingly impossible feats. I believe that the prolonged use of the pym particles allows Hawkeye to do minor superhuman feats like this

No Caption Provided

it would provide a valid reason as to why Hawkeye is capable of doing most of these feats.

Why did i do this? Hawkeye isnt gonna win through straight physicals right? of course not, but if Kraven is superior in Physicals it isnt by a large portion, and it certainly isnt something Hawkeye doesnt deal with on a daily basis

now for the fun Part

Bow and Arrows

it is Hawkeye's versatility that will allow him the victory here

No Caption Provided

just an example of the kind of versatility he carries. I wont give examples of all the arrows hes used because im not sure what he will need.

so ill focus on accuracy and speed

Accuracy

he takes down a helicopter with 1 arrow. thats pretty damn hard

look at the red boxes. look at the kind of accuracy Hawkeye has with one arrow, a squirrel, and a tree branch, he dispatched 2 guards

look at the curvature of those arrows

Speed

No Caption Provided

look at this sh!t right there.

thats scary man

look at that velocity there.

Karven is gonna be hard pressed to win here

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NimaMindTricks

Kraven the Hunter

No Caption Provided

Introduction - Stats & Abilities

Kraven is a brings a lot of cunning, skill, and ruthlessness in this fight.

Much of Kraven's stats comes from years of taking various jungle potions and decades of intense training. His recent resurrection has given his stats an overall boost as well.

• Superhuman Strength (2 - 5 ton range) - not 1 - 2 tons as you mentioned. I will show why later.
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Superhuman Agility
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Enhanced Senses
  • Enhanced Stamina
  • Regenerative Healing Factor (from the immortality curse)
  • Experienced Combatant
  • Expert Marksman
  • Weapons Expert
  • Master Strategist, Tactician, Hunter, and Tracker.

Physicals

Kraven is a physical powerhouse, with almost 100 years of successful hunting and combat experience under his belt...or loin cloth? He became even more physically impressive when he was resurrected by his family in the Grim Hunt story arc, where he gained a significant healing factor and an immortality curse.

Strength

Kraven has come accustom to using his skill, brains, and ferocity to keep up physically with very strong and agile characters like Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider (Kaine) on a consistent basis.

In his recent fight with Scarlet Spider, he showed off how physically dominant he can be. Keep in mind, Scarlet Spider is a clone of Peter Parker, who is physically superior to Peter.

Kaine even says it himself, "I'm faster than Spider-Man. Stronger too. And Kraven is still tearing me apart." Kraven tossed and kicked around Kaine like a baby. The purpose of this fight was to get Kaine to kill Kraven because Kraven wants to die as a part of hunter's ritual and only Spider-Man (or his clone) can kill him.

For the most part, Kraven has lost his desire to die since this fight. Imagine what he can do to Hawkeye, who is weaker and slower than Kaine, if his purpose was to just win the fight and not be killed.

This is why I would put Kraven's pure strength above his 1 - 2 ton pre-resurrection levels.

Durability

Kraven is one tough son of a b!tch. His durability makes him very hard to put down. His durability is typically accredited to his years of taking jungle potions.

1. On the left we see Kraven taking a thrashing from a pissed-off Hulk. As you'll note, Hulk nailed Kraven with a savage uppercut and he still wasn't knocked out. This was another case of Kraven trying to get himself killed before he figured out only Spider-Man or Kaine could kill him because of the ritual.
  2. On the right, an angry Spider-Man punches Kraven right in the face. Kraven spits out some blood and laughs it off. This is before Kraven's physicals were increased because of the resurrection.

Hulk and Spider-Man (especially an angry Spider-Man) have fargreater striking power than Hawkeye. Kraven should have no problem taking hits from him.

Agility and Reflexes

No surprise here. In order for someone like Kraven to compete with Spiders, he's got to be really agile and quick on his feet.

From left to right (1 - 3)

1. We've got a couple things going on here. First, we have Spider-Man commenting how impressed he is by Kraven's agility and his endurance, saying Kraven seems "tireless" and that he can't go on fighting him forever. Second, we have Kraven explaining that his reflexes are cat-like. This is probably an understatement when we got to #3 of this post.
  2. Kraven, in the middle of a fight and chase against Black Panther, Storm decides to interfere by firing off multiple lightning strikes. Kraven effortlessly dodges all of them while he keeps moving. Keep in mind lightning moves at 3,700 miles per second.
  3. Spider-Man tried to sneak up and pounce on Kraven from behind. Kraven reacts without even turning around and nails Spider-Man with the back of his fist.

Healing Factor

On top of great durability, Kraven has a great healing factor. It was already implied in the Hulk scan but nevertheless, let's look at how strong it is.

1. On the left we have Kraven revealing his new healing factor for the first time by allowing his daughter, Anastasia, to stab him right in the heart with a dagger. Kraven heals instantly.
  2. Kraven is stabbed right in the heart by Agent Venom's symbiote harpoon/spear. It does not slow Kraven down. He heals instantly and cuts out the symbiote.

In other words: taking some arrows won't be a problem.

Counters

There were some eye-opening feats you presented for your boy, Hawkeye, which I must counter.

did you just see him push that car off of himself?

See him dodge several of Angels metal blades. he tanked a ton of them as well

Yes I did see Hawkeye push the car off of himself. There's several things wrong with that feat:

1. The average car in the United States weighs 1.5 - 2 tons. Hawkeye is effortlessly lifting up and pushing the car off of him with one hand. Hawkeye is simply not that strong. I will get into your possible theory as to where his "superhuman" levels come from later.
  2. That scan came from Michael Bendis' New Avengers. Bendis has historically been known as one of the least reliable writers when it has come to consistency of characters' stats and abilities.
  3. Hawkeye has never been quoted or mentioned by Marvel, wiki, Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., or any other fictional or real world database to have superman abilities.
  4. Hawkeye suddenly being durable enough to take a ~3,500 - 4, 000lb landing on him and then pushing it off of him effortlessly especially after being in a fight is incredibly uncharacteristic and inconsistent. If Clint was lifting or pushing cars, boulders, snapping steel chains or whatever else would put him in the strength range on a regular basis versus one Bendis-incident then it maybe taken more seriously.

To wrap up what I am talking about in points 1 - 4 above, let's see what happened to Hawkeye in a recent fight where he falls off a building and lands on a car:

This is what happens to a character with human to just below peak human stats. Pushing a car off of you with one hand after it landing on you is not. Similar to when US Agent nearly broke Hawkeye's hand by just catching his punch.

On the other end, here is Kraven's son Alyosha, who is weaker and less skilled than his father (but takes many of the same jungle potions), getting right up after landing on a car while fighting Black Panther:

Now onto the Angel feat...

I will admit, this is a significant Hawkeye speed/agility feat. However, we must keep 2 things in mind:

1. Angel had no interest in fighting or hurting Hawkeye.
  2. Hawkeye was not "tanking" Angel's pinions. In the 2nd can you'll see that as soon as Angel nailed him in the shoulders, Hawkeye was down for the count. This was after Hawkeye impressively dodged and blocked a few with his bow (you'll see how the bow begins breaking off). Hawkeye tanking multiple pinions from Angel would not make any sense considering Angel's pinions have a long history of dropping or hurting many different characters with healing factors and/or durability including Wolverine multiple times, Beast multiple times, Sabretooth, and Colossus as cited in my other CAV where I use Archangel/Angel: HERE. Angel's pinions contain a powerful neuro-toxin. It would make no sense for Hawkeye to be able to plow through many of them when others with healing factors have not. Of course as I already mentioned, Hawkeye was not actually "tanking" them.

Now to counter your theory as to why Hawkeye may have superhuman stats:

Overview of This

let me explain why Hawkeye performs these seemingly impossible feats. I believe that the prolonged use of the pym particles allows Hawkeye to do minor superhuman feats like this

it would provide a valid reason as to why Hawkeye is capable of doing most of these feats.

I have 2 issues with this:

1. It is a theory. Yes Hawkeye has had years of Pym Particle exposure, especially as his tenure as Giant Man. However, we have no idea whether or not this substantiates when there is no empirical evidence to prove that. He regularly fights street level foes - both successfully and not - without showing any sign of superhuman physicals. No writer has confirmed this, and that maybe because Hawkeye is not superhuman.
  2. Is this a consist side effect of the Pym Particles? Meaning, have those exposed to the Pym Particles show superhuman strength and stats even when not activating the abilities of the Pym Particles? If so, shouldn't Hank Pym be a powerhouse on any regular day without increasing in size?

Conclusion

I agree that Hawkeye has a dangerous and diverse arsenal on his hands. If he was carrying standard arrows, I would say this battle could be a walk in the park. However, due to the fact that much of his arrows are high tech and unpredictable in nature, it does bring an interesting twist to this battle.

Despite this, I believe that Kraven's physicals, experience, tactical mind, and cunning can overcome such an obstacle and finish off Hawkeye when this is all said and done.

In the next round, I will cover Kraven's arsenal and ruthlessness.

@serrure You're up homie!

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: how many CAVs are you in lol

T4V

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By serrure

@nimamindtricks: opp i dropped the ball my bad (been busy)

Round 1

No Caption Provided

Kraven is a physical powerhouse, with almost 100 years of successful hunting and combat experience under his belt...or loin cloth? He became even more physically impressive when he was resurrected by his family in the Grim Hunt story arc, where he gained a significant healing factor and an immortality curse.

didnt Kaine stop his heart recently?

In his recent fight with Scarlet Spider, he showed off how physically dominant he can be. Keep in mind, Scarlet Spider is a clone of Peter Parker, who is physically superior to Peter.

a. Scarlet Spider was emotionally fcked (well more so then usual)

b. Kaine was majorly holding back

c. heres how a real fight between the two would end

No Caption Provided

Kaine obviously could have killed him at any time.

For the most part, Kraven has lost his desire to die since this fight. Imagine what he can do to Hawkeye, who is weaker and slower than Kaine, if his purpose was to just win the fight and not be killed

Kraven is a hunter. the reason he does so well against Spider Man and people like him is because Kraven literally hunted spider man. He studied Peter, his habits, his tendencies, everything. He stalked Peter mercilessly.

He does not have said information on Clint

Hulk and Spider-Man (especially an angry Spider-Man) have fargreater striking power than Hawkeye. Kraven should have no problem taking hits from him.

im gonna address the Hulk part first

1. PIS Hardcore as the Hulk would puddalize him kind of like this

No Caption Provided

2. Captain America has taken punches from the Hulk to and survived yet he somehow lost to Clint.

now the Spider Man part

1. Captain America has also tanked punches from a PO'ed spider man

and Cap looked better off than Kraven did.

nothing to say that Hawkeye should not be able to affect him

We've got a couple things going on here. First, we have Spider-Man commenting how impressed he is by Kraven's agility and his endurance, saying Kraven seems "tireless" and that he can't go on fighting him forever. Second, we have Kraven explaining that his reflexes are cat-like. This is probably an understatement when we got to #3 of this post.

that was classic spider man. the same guy who lost to daredevil. now im not saying its not impressive but its important to keep things in context.

Kraven, in the middle of a fight and chase against Black Panther, Storm decides to interfere by firing off multiple lightning strikes. Kraven effortlessly dodges all of them while he keeps moving. Keep in mind lightning moves at 3,700 miles per second.

first off thats un-enhanced black panther. so ehh

2. there is no way in hell he is actually moving faster than lightning that would put him on the same speed lvl as mantis (this is the girl who pressure pointed thor and did indeed dodge lightning) im calling major BS on the claim of dodging lightning but just in case

heres hawkeye dodging Classic Moondragons blasts... this is the same Moondragon that had Richard Rider Nova sweating in a fight

No Caption Provided

In other words: taking some arrows won't be a problem.

ahh well see that would depend on the type of arrow

im thinking a sonic arrow followed by the type of explosive arrows he now currently has i think would be more than hurtful

oh and, as you can see in that last scan, he has no problem with killing when he has to

Yes I did see Hawkeye push the car off of himself. There's several things wrong with that feat:

The average car in the United States weighs 1.5 - 2 tons. Hawkeye is effortlessly lifting up and pushing the car off of him with one hand. Hawkeye is simply not that strong. I will get into your possible theory as to where his "superhuman" levels come from later.

1. that car was pretty destroyed in fact it looked like it was missing more than half of its weight

That scan came from Michael Bendis' New Avengers. Bendis has historically been known as one of the least reliable writers when it has come to consistency of characters' stats and abilities.

2. Bendis is considerably better with street characters

Hawkeye has never been quoted or mentioned by Marvel, wiki, Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., or any other fictional or real world database to have superman abilities.

3. i just posted a picture of Hawkeye growing 60 feet tall. i find it incredibly hard to believe that there is no mention of this anywhere

Hawkeye suddenly being durable enough to take a ~3,500 - 4, 000lb landing on him and then pushing it off of him effortlessly especially after being in a fight is incredibly uncharacteristic and inconsistent. If Clint was lifting or pushing cars, boulders, snapping steel chains or whatever else would put him in the strength range on a regular basis versus one Bendis-incident then it maybe taken more seriously.

4. neither is Kraven taking blows from Hulk or dodging lightning but it still got mentioned

This is what happens to a character with human to just below peak human stats. Pushing a car off of you with one hand after it landing on you is not. Similar to when US Agent nearly broke Hawkeye's hand by just catching his punch.

whats more likely is that the writer (who i believe is Fraisure) was making a good story and forgot about that, or it could be the fact that during that time Hawkeye was literally having a mid-life crisis and probably not thinking to clearly,

regardless it was just a theory and certainly not something Hawkeye needs to win this fight.

Is this a consist side effect of the Pym Particles? Meaning, have those exposed to the Pym Particles show superhuman strength and stats even when not activating the abilities of the Pym Particles? If so, shouldn't Hank Pym be a powerhouse on any regular day without increasing in size?

no this is just Hawkeye being a bad a$$

The Main Case

Hawkeyes got to much fire power in these arrows. The Versatility is not something Kraven has a real answer to

No Caption Provided

nor is the firepower he possesses.

all Hawkeye has to do is use his various non-lethal trick arrows to maneuver Kraven (whose hubris is beyond narcissistic) to a place where he can place several of his explosive arrows.

lets take a look

1. Electro Arrow

2. Sonic Arrow (again)

3. Electro,Suction Tip, Net, Acid

4. Sonic (repeat)

5. Electro (again)

6. Pym Particle Arrow which does this

and i haven't even listed them all.

He should be able to easily force Kraven into the path of an explosive arrow using his other non-lethal weapons. similar to what he did to Batroc

No Caption Provided

only switch the order of the arrows.

if that doesnt put Kraven down then he will most certainly be weak and Hawkeye should be able to easily incap him for the win.

the range combined with the fire power Hawkeye is packing grant him the win

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By serrure
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: I'll respond before the weekend. My response is kinda long and I'm still drafting it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tag for votes you must...

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tag 4 Votes

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@serrure Alright I'm back. Man..where do I begin? *cracks knuckles*

Round 1

No Caption Provided

Counters + Debunking!

There's a lot I need to clarify and correct, so let's start off with these points made by you.

didnt Kaine stop his heart recently?

Now, you posed this question in the context of Kraven's immortality. The fact is, Kraven is still immortal, and always has been since his resurrection - even during his fight with Kaine. Here is Kraven's latest appearance in Squirrel Girl #1, which confirms his immortality is still a part of him:

No Caption Provided

In conclusion: Kraven is immortal.

The caveat to his immortality? He can only be killed by Spider-Man or one of Peter's clones due to the fact that it was their blood used in the ritual sacrifice to bring Kraven back from the dead. Whose blood exactly? Kaine's:

No Caption Provided

That is the only reason why Kaine was able to stop Kraven's heart - which he restarted right after because dying is what Kraven wants.

I think it's important to look at the other points made in Kraven's fight against Kaine, since Kraven's showing is being downplayed here.

a. Scarlet Spider was emotionally fcked (well more so then usual)

b. Kaine was majorly holding back

Both of these points are totally unfounded. The only thing different about Kaine in this fight is he was not willing to kill anymore, as he was reforming himself. As part of the plot, he was now facing an opponent (Kraven), who was on a mission to die (read scan above) and willing to do anything to push Kaine to his "killer" side - including torturing his friends (and killing one) right in front of him, as shown here:

Now you say "Kaine was majorly holding back" yet:

1. Kraven was begging him not to hold back, as he had Kaine's friends tied up and tortured. Only thing Kaine was doing different was not killing. His physical stats and skills are all there still. Read the scans in my first post. Kaine is shocked at how impressive Kraven's physicals are. This is their first time fighting since his resurrection - I will cover their first encounter later (pre resurrection).
  2. Holding back? Kaine JUSTgot done beating Kraven's daughter Ana to a bloody pulp! There is no way Kaine would be holding back against Kraven - a far superior opponent - after he just beat the crap out his daughter. In the scan right above, I show the end of the fight as Kraven shows up. See below for the beat down.

Does this look like someone who is "holding back"?

Kraven is a hunter. the reason he does so well against Spider Man and people like him is because Kraven literally hunted spider man. He studied Peter, his habits, his tendencies, everything. He stalked Peter mercilessly.

He does not have said information on Clint

Stalking and studying your opponent is one thing, but being able to deliver devastating blows, attacks, and being able to keep up with them physically is another. I do not see why someone like Kraven who can tag Kaine and Peter (as well as others I will mention later) and keep up with them physically will be a problem when Clint's stats are far below theirs. Plus, it does not take a much for someone with as much experience as Kraven to realize that he's facing a skilled archer - the arrows kind of give it away.

1. PIS Hardcore as the Hulk would puddalize him kind of like this

Not at all. Deadpool is not the best example to show off what would "really" happen from a Hulk uppercut. Deadpool's durabiity is purposely written like that by writers to show off his comedic and crazy healing factor.

Do we really want to go through the number of characters who have taken Hulk punches and not ended up like Deadpool?

2. Captain America has taken punches from the Hulk to and survived yet he somehow lost to Clint.

Doesn't the first part of this statement totally goes against the one right before this? According to your argument, Cap should have been "puddalized."

now the Spider Man part

1. Captain America has also tanked punches from a PO'ed spider man

That's good for Cap and I am not surprised he did. However, you will note that Kraven wasn't knocked down by Peter's punch and he actually smiled it off. Kraven's stats have increased since his resurrection. Cap is also holding his jaw showing signs of pain, while Kraven does not.

2. there is no way in hell he is actually moving faster than lightning that would put him on the same speed lvl as mantis (this is the girl who pressure pointed thor and did indeed dodge lightning) im calling major BS on the claim of dodging lightning but just in case

I never said Kraven is faster than lightening. I simply said he had the reflexes to dodge the lightening blasts. Bullet-timer street levelers are all over Marvel, yet none of them are "faster" than a bullet, which moves over 2,000 feet per second. There is a big difference between reflex response and travel speed. It's not "BS."

Gear + Skill

Kraven's carries various hunting gear. He is highly skilled with his hunting gear, which can include:

• Spears
  • Knives/Machetes (poisoned laced)
  • High Powered Rifles
  • Poison and Tranq Darts
  • Net/Grappling Wires

Spears

Kraven is accurate and deadly with his spears.

1. On the left we have Kraven killing a raptor with a single spear.
  2. On the right we have a really impressive spear feat: Kraven slashing Angel with his spear. Why is this impressive? Well first of all, Angel is a bullet timer with incredible speed (over 100mph) and aerial adaptation. Second of all, Kraven did not want to kill Angel. In this story, he and Blob had been hired by Mr. Sinister to obtain blood samples of all the X-Men so he can perform cloning experiments. In other words, Kraven intentionally threw his spear just to slash Angel for his blood, but not to kill him. That's impressive.

It should be noted that Angel is a character Hawkeye has consistently had trouble hitting, even at close range.

Knives/Machetes (vs Kaine - 1st encounter)

Kraven's knives are very sharp and at times laced in poisons. When you combine his speed, skill, and total ruthlessness, Clint is in for a world of trouble. I've already shown he is quick enough to slice Scarlet Spider/Kaine and sharp enough to cut through a symbiote. Let's look at his first encounter with Kaine where he uses a knife/blade.

Kraven blitzing Kaine before he can strike by slashing his throat open with a hunting knife:

A really impressive and consistent combat speed feat for Kraven. Clint would be hard pressed to handle something like this.

As mentioned, his blades are often covered in poisons. Here he is quick enough to slash a pissed off Spider-Man. The poisons, which we will be talked about more in a bit, started to phase Spider-Man instantly:

No Caption Provided

High Powered Rifle

Kraven typically uses more old school weapons, but he has been known to tote high powered rifles on him if he were to use a gun.

His rifles are powerful enough to drop large elephants in a single shot:

No Caption Provided

A single rifle round would drop Hawkeye. The same can't be said the other way around, thanks to Kraven's durability and healing factor.

Poison Darts/Tranquilizer Darts

Possibly the most dangerous part of Kraven's arsenal are his poison and tranquilizer darts. These poisons and tranqs are strong enough to drop large animals in a single blow, as well as effect or take down characters with accelerated healing such as Kaine, Spider-Man, and even Agent Venom!

Here's a couple of examples of how Kraven can shoot his poisons:

From left to right (1 - 3)

1. Kraven firing poisons darts onto Spider-Man at close range. Sure this is "old school" Spider-Man, but this does not change the fact that his hysical stats, reaction speeds, and spider senses aren't still active. The poisons, as they usually do, worked instantly.
  2. Kraven nails Black Panther right in the neck with a poison dart. This is pretty impressive since Kraven was on the roof of another building. As always, the poisons took effect instantly. Lucky for Black Panther, he's been trained to "will away" the effects of poisons, which he later did in this fight with Kraven.
  3. This is a stealth and accuracy feat. Kraven was stealthy enough to bypass airport security to shoot Kaine in the neck with a dart.

The most dangerous part about being hit with a blow dart or tranq dart is that they are both silent and smaller than a bullet. It would not be something easily avoided, as noted above.

Net/Grappling Wires

Kraven's nets are built to trap some of the fiercest animals on earth. His nets and grappling wires have been shown to be strong to hold Spider-Man and briefly hold grapple Hulk:

From left to right (1 - 4)

1 - 2. Kraven's net is strong enough to hold down Spider-Man, even while he's facing the barrel of a gun about to be shot (which turned out to be a tranq-poison).

3 - 4. Kraven's grappling wire is strong enough to momentarily hold the Hulk. A couple panels later, Hulk gets pissed and just snaps out of them. Nonetheless, pretty impressive considering the fact Hulk is far larger and way stronger than Hawkeye.

Conclusion

I strongly believe that Kraven advantage in physical stats, experience, unique skill, and his sheer ruthlessness will have very little trouble taking out an in-character Hawkeye. As a bullet-timer and someone with an arsenal of smaller, very dangerous darts, Kraven will not be an easy target to hit. Combine that with the fact Kraven has a substantial healing factor and durability to go blow for blow with the likes of Kaine and Spider-Man, as well as survive a punch from the Hulk (and not be KO'd), Hawkeye has a lot to deal with here. Hawkeye will more likely than not go for his standard arrows for most of this encounter. He's clearly facing a street level villain here, so to assume he would go for a powerful explosive arrow to blow Kraven up is not likely. Kraven has many more options to incapacitate, knockout, or kill Hawkeye with both his bare hands and his arsenal. Essentially, Hawkeye is in trouble whether or not the gap is closed between him and Kraven.

I will cover more of Kraven's fighting skill feats in the next round if and when the gap closes between him and Hawkeye.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for voting please.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers