CAV: Harry Potter vs. Edward Erlic (Voting open)

• 74 results
rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rd1027
No Caption Provided

Harry Potter: The Boy Who Lived

Vs.

No Caption Provided

Edward Elric: Fullmetal Alchemist

Rules:

• Morals Off
  • Bloodlusted
  • No prep time
  • No outside help
  • Win by KO or Death

No Caption Provided

@joewell will be using Edward, I will be using Harry for this CaV

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027:

Looks great!

I'll have an intro to Edward up in a little bit.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Working on my intro for Harry right now :)

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rd1027

Right, I will start out by making my opening case.

Harry James Potter, also known as The Boy Who Lived is one of the most skilled duelists in the Harry Potter Universe. We have defined his standard gear as such.

Firebolt Broomstick

No Caption Provided

This is a truly state of the art broomstick and the best around in the Harry Potter universe. It goes from 0 to 150 miles per hour in a mere 10 seconds. Its a world class broomstick that is used by professional Quidditch players at the Quidditch World Cup. Not only that, it offers excellent maneuverability, and state of the art braking charms.

Harry's skill with a broom is unquestionable. He was the youngest player to play for his house team in over a century.

“No!” shouted Hermione Granger. “Madam Hooch told us not to move — you’ll get us all into trouble.”

Harry ignored her. Blood was pounding in his ears. He mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; air rushed through his hair, and his robes whipped out behind him — and in a rush of fierce joy he realized he’d found something he could do without being taught — this was easy, this was wonderful. He pulled his broomstick up a little to take it even higher, and heard screams and gasps of girls back on the ground and an admiring whoop from Ron.

He turned his broomstick sharply to face Malfoy in midair. Malfoy looked stunned.

“Give it here,” Harry called, “or I’ll knock you off that broom!”

“Oh, yeah?” said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looking worried.

Harry knew, somehow, what to do. He leaned forward and grasped the broom tightly in both hands, and it shot toward Malfoy like a javelin. Malfoy only just got out of the way in time; Harry made a sharp about-face and held the broom steady. A few people below were clapping.

“No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy,” Harry called.

The same thought seemed to have struck Malfoy.

“Catch it if you can, then!” he shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the ground.

Harry saw, as though in slow motion, the ball rise up in the air and then start to fall. He leaned forward and pointed his broom handle down — next second he was gathering speed in a steep dive, racing the ball — wind whistled in his ears, mingled with the screams of people watching — he stretched out his hand — a foot from the ground he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight, and he toppled gently onto the grass with the Remembrall clutched safely in his fist.

As you can see, his knack for maneuverability on a broomstick is uncanny, this was the first time he had ever rode a broom at all. His reflexes were so fast that time seemed to slow down for him when he was on a broom, catching a ball a foot from the ground and holding on whilst pulling up from a dive. This gives him insane speed and evasiveness during a fight.

Sword of Gryffindor

No Caption Provided

This legendary sword was the property of one of the four founders of Hogwarts, Godric Gryffindor. It is goblin made, meaning that it is impossible to be blemished by conventional means, and extremely durable. The sword also has several interesting properties. It is imbued with Basilisk Venom after Harry stabbed one with it in The Chamber of Secrets. This increases its potency so much. Basilisk venom is very fatal to humans. It is so powerful that it is one of the very few things that can destroy a horcrux. If Harry manages to stab Edward once with this sword, its pretty much lights out for him. In fact, basilisk venom only has one known cure, that is phoenix tears. Within a minute Edward will die a pretty painful death if Harry gets a hit on him.

"KILL THE BOY! LEAVE THE BIRD! THE BOY IS BEHIND YOU. SNIFF-- SMELL HIM."

Harry was on his feet, ready. The basilisk's head was falling, its body coiling around, hitting pillars as it twisted to face him. He could see the vast, bloody eye sockets, see the mouth stretching wide, wide enough to swallow him whole, lined with fangs long as his sword, thin, glittering, venomous -

It lunged blindly -- Harry dodged and it hit the Chamber wall. It lunged again, and its forked tongue lashed Harry's side. He raised the sword in both his hands -The basilisk lunged again, and this time its aim was true -- Harry threw his whole weight behind the sword and drove it to the hilt into the roof of the serpent's mouth -

But as warm blood drenched Harry's arms, he felt a searing pain just above his elbow. One long, poisonous fang was sinking deeper and deeper into his arm and it splintered as the basilisk keeled over sideways and fell, twitching, to the floor.

Harry slid down the wall. He gripped the fang that was spreading poison through his body and wrenched it out of his arm. But he knew it was too late. White-hot pain was spreading slowly and steadily from the wound. Even as he dropped the fang and watched his own blood soaking his robes, his vision went foggy. The Chamber was dissolving in a whirl of dull color.

Above is his greatest feat with the sword. this also shows a very high pain tolerance. He was a 12 year old boy and he somehow remained conscious through a giant lizard pretty much impaling his arm with a fang. It also shows that he has some idea of what he was doing with the sword. Also if you need further proof of the feat the gif below shows it, he keeps a cool head when faced with danger. Harry is a survivor first are foremost. He's faced almost unimaginable odds and somehow gets through it all.

No Caption Provided

Elder Wand

No Caption Provided

"The bloody trail of the Elder Wand is splattered across the pages of Wizarding history."

Harry is the true master of the elder wand, the most powerful wand in all of history. Men have fought and died over this wand, its raw power is quite fantastic.

"I was fit only to possess the meanest of them, the least extraordinary. I was fit to own the Elder Wand, and not to boast of it, and not to kill with it. I was permitted to tame and to use it, because I took it, not for gain, but to save others from it."

Above is a quote from Dumbledore explaining the power behind the elder wand. He felt that it could not be used by anyone else, that's how powerful it is.

Loading Video...

Above, Voldemort (who was not even the true master of the elder wand) destroys a shield made by the combined magic of many many powerful wizards and witches including most of the professors of Hogwarts and most of the Order of the Phoenix. That is quite incredible. It is so powerful that only a wizard who has conquered death would be worthy.

"So the oldest brother, who was a combative man, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence: a wand that always wins duels for its owner, a wand worthy of a wizard who has conquered Death!"

Not only that, it is a guarantee win for its owner, no matter who they are facing. Another showing from the elder wand is when Harry mended his original broken wand, even though it was pretty much snapped in half and Ollivander himself said that there is no way at all to fix it. The wand can literally do the impossible.

“And then there’s this.”

Harry held up the Elder Wand, and Ron and Hermione looked at it with a reverence that, even in his befuddled and sleep-deprived state, Harry did not like to see.

“I don’t want it.” said Harry.

“What?” said Ron Loudly. “Are you mental?”

“I know it’s powerful,” said Ron wearily. “But I was happier with mine.. . . ”

He rummaged in the pouch hung around his neck, and pulled out the two halves of holly still just connected by the finest thread of phoenix feather. Hermione had said that they could not be repaired, that the damage was too severe. All he knew was that if this did not work, nothing would.

He laid the broken wand upon the headmaster’s desk, touch it with the very tip of the Elder Wand, and said “Reparo.”

As his wand resealed, red sparks flew out of its end. Harry knew that he had succeeded. He picked up the holly and phoenix wand and felt a sudden warmth in his fingers, as though wand and hand were rejoicing at their reunion.

I believe that a combination of his equipment and skill gives Harry the edge over what Edward brings to the table. I will go more into his spellwork, and battle feats in my next post but this is a rough introduction. Your move @joewell

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward Elric:

Edward Elric is an alchemist from the series Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm using the composite version of him so I'll be taking feats from both animes, movies, and the manga.

Every since he lost his arm and leg to a failed human transmutation, he has gained an automail ( Basicly robotic ) arm and leg that he uses in combat. Another consequence of him trying to transmute a human is that he now doesn't need a transmutation circle to transmute. He can simply clap his hands to preform alchemy.

Below I'll show off some of his feats.

Loading Video...

Start at 0:45 and end at 3:30.

Here Edward fights Father Cornello and his chimeras. In this battle he shows his close combat skills, strength, and speed. He easily knocks around large chimeras, and blocks there attacks from only feet away. Its also worth noting the durability of his automail, being able to take these larges creatures bites without even a scratch.

Loading Video...

From beginning to 3:50.

Sorry this is in japanese. I couldn't find it with subs. But in this fight with the homunculus Greed, a near immortal being with an amazing healing factor and diamond hard skin, we see his large amount of pain tolerance, more H2H, and in battle ingenuity. Basically what's happening at 2:10 is Edward figures out how to take down Greed, in battle, by transmuting his near unbreakable carbon skin into soft lead. Then he proceeds to kick his a$$.

Loading Video...

From beginning to 2:30

Here Ed goes against and alchemist wielding a philosopher's's stone ( The red rock they call a star ), which in the FMA universe gives the user the ability to create something out of nothing, giving them near unlimited alchemic power. And yet, Ed is still winning against him.

Ok. So hopefully you've gotten the basic idea of Edwards alchemy and how he uses it to fight. If you don't understand something, tell me and I'll try to explain it better.

I'll wait until you go over Potter for my analysis of the battle.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting match up

Tag for votes please

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for voting

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027:

Oh. I was writing mine up before I saw that.

I'll go ahead and let you do your other intro if thats ok with you.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: If I'm wrong, Edward can manipulate the environment around him to battle? He also has superhuman speed and strength right? Not too familiar so correct me if I'm wrong.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joewell911

@rd1027:

You're right. That along with great H2H skills and a super durable metal arm and leg.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool fight! Tag me when you're done.

Jmarshmallow

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rd1027

Okay so following up from my previous post.

The magic in Harry Potter is versatile and can be use in a variety of combat situations. this gives Harry an edge because there's easily more than one way he can take Edward down. Below are a select few that I think would be very useful in this battle.

• Accio- Summoning Charm. This charm can be applied in a variety of ways, not so much directly in battle but if Harry somehow gets separated from his sword, or broomstick or even wand he can use this to summon objects towards him, a utility spell at the best but its something to consider.
  • Appration- Can transport instantly anywhere. He has shown skill in this and is quite competent. Edward would be hard pressed to get a hit on Harry if he spams this.
  • Avada Kedavra- The big one. This is a killing curse that will one shot anyone. It cant be blocked by any kind of magic however it can be dodged and blocked by physical objects. If a physical object is hit, there will be a small explosion where the spell hit. A bloodlusted morals off harry would have no problem using this spell, though he never actually uses it in the books, he has used other unforgivable curses and I dont think that this would be below his skill level.
  • Avis- Bird summoning charm. While this is not the most practical at all, he can summon a flock of birds as a distraction in battle, Something to consider but I dont think it will play a big role.
  • Banishing charm- This will allow Harry to push back whatever is coming at him. Extremely useful in battle as I expect Edward to be using the environment a lot against Harry. Pretty much the opposite of Accio.
  • Bat Bogey Hex- Causes the bogeys in one's nose to turn to bats and attack the victim. Useful distraction in the heat of battle though it sounds silly.
  • Configurio- A blasting charm, pretty much causes an explosion at whatever its aimed at. It can be very useful in battle, and he can easily put some damage on Edward with a few hits or get splash damage.
  • Confundo- Causes the target to lose focus and prone to error. I dont think that Edward would have any defense against this and he could fall victim to this very easily.
  • Conjunctivitis curse- Causes extreme pain to the user in the eye. Effects are unknown but Krum used it to take out a dragon in the 4th book so its very powerful.
  • Crucio- Another huge one. The torture curse, it causes extreme pain to the victim. Almost no one can resist its effects. The only person who has is Harry and that's because the elder wand refused to hurt its true master. This is another potential game changer.
  • Defodio- Spell that can cut through solid objects like steel and metal, might be useful against Edward's environment manipulation. This can also potentially sever his metallic arm right off.
  • Densaugeo- Teeth enlargement charm. Again kind of hilarious but it can be a viable distraction :p
  • Diffindo- Severing charm. It can cut through human flesh also. Harry can cut Edward many times.
  • Disillusionment Charm- Makes the user invisible. Could be very very useful in battle if Edward does not know where Harry is, Harry can sit back and spam spells at him all day long.
  • Entail Expelling Curse- Causes all of the entrails (like the intenseness) of a body to be violently ejected from the body. Another spell that could one shot Edward.
  • Espikey- Healing charm that Harry can use to fix injuries like broken bones or bruises.
  • Expelliarmus- Harry's signature spell. It not only causes disarming, but it can push an opponent back.
  • Expulso- Again another exploding charm, but this one seems more powerful (almost knocked harry out cold from just splash damage alone). A direct hit could be fatal.
  • Fiendfyre- Very powerful dark magic. Can destroy a horcrux. It causes an uncontrollable fire that will attack anyone and anything, cant be put out by conventional means, if at all
  • Gripping charm- Better grip on objects. Can be used for his broomstick and sword and wand.
  • Impedeminta- Halts the progress of the victim through ropes, tripping, or binds. Can be useful if Edward tries to rush Harry directly.
  • Imperio- Another game changer. If Edward is not able to defend his mind, he can easily get mind raped by Harry and Harry can simply end this fight before it even begins.
  • Incarcerous- Binds a target with ropes, similar to impedeminata.
  • Incedio- Hurls flames towards a target.
  • Jellyfingers/Jelly legs curse- Causes a target's legs or fingers to be incredibly unstable and jelly like. Edward would not be able to fight at all h2h if Harry uses this.
  • Langlock- Glues tongue to the roof of the mouth, not sure if Edward has to speak to use his powers or not but I'm just throwing this out there.
  • Levicorpus- Dangles a person by one leg in midair, if Edward gets put into this its game over.
  • Locomotor Mortis- Causes a person's legs to freeze. Again Edward is pretty much toast if he gets puts under this because then Harry can easily one shot him.
  • Obscuro- Causes a blindfold to be put over the person's eyes.
  • Petrificus Totalus- Causes the entire body to be frozen and binded up, a person cant move after this. Again Edward can get one shotted if Harry uses this on him.
  • Protego- Shield charm, it can be used to shield Harry from any and all of Edwards attacks. Also works on physical attacks because Harry used one on Ron and Hermione, separating them so that they could not touch each other.
  • Reducto- Causes solid objects to explode. Anything that Edward can throw at Harry would get turned into ashes.
  • Rictusempra- Tickling charm, hilarious distraction but not really viable, who knows though.
  • Sectumsempra- Causes deep gashes and cuts on a person's body. Draco got one shotted by this spell and its incredibly dark magic. Can decapitate Edward easily.
  • Serpentsornia- Causes serpents to come out of a caster's wand.
  • Stinging hex- Causes large welts to appear on a person's body.
  • Stupefy- Stunning spell. Knocks someone out cold if a hit lands. Instant win for harry.
  • Trip jinx- causes a person to trip.
  • Wingardium leviosa- Can take objects from the environment and throw them at Edward

As you can see, there are so many ways Harry can one shot Edward, decapitate him, distract him, defend himself, heal himself, the list goes on. I don't think that Edward is this versatile and with this many spells at Harry's disposal he can overpower Edward in a number of ways. For this battle I think that he would mostly be fighting on broomstick. He is very comfortable, and the Firebolt would allow Harry to keep up with Edwards speed. I have already shown you his maneuverability and skill on a feat but here is a feat of him fighting whilst in the air. Also note that every one of these spells would be magnified with the elder wand's power.

“I’m comin’, Harry!” Hagrid yelled from out of the darkness, but Harry could feel the sidecar beginning to sink again: Crouching as low as he could, he pointed at the middle of the oncoming figures and yelled, “Impedimenta!”

The jinx hit the middle Death Eater in the chest; For a moment the man was absurdly spread-eagled in midair as though he had hit an invisible barrier: One of his fellows almost collided with him—

Hitting a death eater square in the chest.

"I'm comin', Harry, I'm comin'!"

A huge hand seized the back of Harry's robes and hoisted him out of the plummeting sidecar; Harry pulled his rucksack with him as he dragged himself onto the motorbike's seat and found himself back-to-back with Hagrid. As they soared upward, away from the two remaining Death Eaters, Harry spat blood out of his mouth, pointed his wand at the falling sidecar, and yelled, "Confringo!"

He knew a dreadful, gut-wrenching pang for Hedwig as it exploded; the Death Eater nearest it was blasted off his broom and fell from sight; his companion fell back and vanished.

Hitting a falling sidecar out of midair to defeat a death eater.

Hagrid let out a bellow of fear and steered the motorbike into a vertical dive. Clinging on for dear life, Harry sent Stunning Spells flying at random into the whirling night. He saw a body fly past him and knew he had hit one of them, but then he heard a bang and saw sparks from the engine; the motorbike spiraled through the air, completely out of control –

Hitting a death eater whilst on a vertical dive.

Next I'll show you him evading a dragon on a broomstick. (Few pages so bear with me)

He swung his leg over the broom and kicked off from the ground. And a second later, something miraculous happened. . . .

As he soared upward, as the wind rushed through his hair, as the crowd’s faces became mere flesh-colored pinpricks below, and the Horntail shrank to the size of a dog, he realized that he had left not only the ground behind, but also his fear. . . . He was back where he belonged. . . .

This was just another Quidditch match, that was all . . . just an- other Quidditch match, and that Horntail was just another ugly opposing team. . . .

He looked down at the clutch of eggs and spotted the gold one, gleaming against its cement-colored fellows, residing safely be- tween the dragon’s front legs. “Okay,” Harry told himself, “diver- sionary tactics . . . let’s go. . . .”

He dived. The Horntail’s head followed him; he knew what it was going to do and pulled out of the dive just in time; a jet of fire had been released exactly where he would have been had he not swerved away . . . but Harry didn’t care . . . that was no more than dodging a Bludger. . . .

“Great Scott, he can fly!” yelled Bagman as the crowd shrieked and gasped. “Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?”

Harry soared higher in a circle; the Horntail was still following his progress; its head revolving on its long neck — if he kept this up, it would be nicely dizzy — but better not push it too long, or it would be breathing fire again —

Harry plummeted just as the Horntail opened its mouth, but this time he was less lucky — he missed the flames, but the tail came whipping up to meet him instead, and as he swerved to the left, one of the long spikes grazed his shoulder, ripping his robes —

He could feel it stinging, he could hear screaming and groans from the crowd, but the cut didn’t seem to be deep. . . . Now he zoomed around the back of the Horntail, and a possibility occurred to him. . . .

The Horntail didn’t seem to want to take off, she was too pro- tective of her eggs. Though she writhed and twisted, furling and unfurling her wings and keeping those fearsome yellow eyes on Harry, she was afraid to move too far from them . . . but he had to persuade her to do it, or he’d never get near them. . . . The trick was to do it carefully, gradually. . . .

He began to fly, first this way, then the other, not near enough to make her breathe fire to stave him off, but still posing a sufficient threat to ensure she kept her eyes on him. Her head swayed this way and that, watching him out of those vertical pupils, her fangs bared. . . .

He flew higher. The Horntail’s head rose with him, her neck now stretched to its fullest extent, still swaying, like a snake before its charmer. . . .

Harry rose a few more feet, and she let out a roar of exaspera- tion. He was like a fly to her, a fly she was longing to swat; her tail thrashed again, but he was too high to reach now. . . . She shot fire into the air, which he dodged. . . . Her jaws opened wide. . . .

“Come on,” Harry hissed, swerving tantalizingly above her, “come on, come and get me . . . up you get now . . .”

And then she reared, spreading her great, black, leathery wings at last, as wide as those of a small airplane — and Harry dived. Before the dragon knew what he had done, or where he had dis- appeared to, he was speeding toward the ground as fast as he could go, toward the eggs now unprotected by her clawed front legs — he had taken his hands off his Firebolt — he had seized the golden egg —

And with a huge spurt of speed, he was off, he was soaring out over the stands, the heavy egg safely under his uninjured arm, and it was as though somebody had just turned the volume back up — for the first time, he became properly aware of the noise of the crowd, which was screaming and applauding as loudly as the Irish supporters at the World Cup —

“Look at that!” Bagman was yelling. “Will you look at that! Our youngest champion is quickest to get his egg! Well, this is going to shorten the odds on Mr. Potter!”

Harry saw the dragon keepers rushing forward to subdue the Horntail, and, over at the entrance to the enclosure, Professor McGonagall, Professor Moody, and Hagrid hurrying to meet him, all of them waving him toward them, their smiles evident even from this distance. He flew back over the stands, the noise of the crowd pounding his eardrums, and came in smoothly to land, his heart lighter than it had been in weeks. . . . He had got through the first task, he had survived. . . .

Visual representations:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

As I have proved, his versatility, along with his skill and combat feats in the air should give him an edge. His firebolt would negate any speed advantage that Edward would bring to the table, and his maneuverability should be able to avoid most of his attacks. He is an adaptive fighter and his multitude of spells should overpower Edward in the end. I listed many ways that he can one shot him, ko him, distract him, and decapitate him.

Your move @joewell sorry it took a bit, its hard to find these quotes and I spent a lot of time researching the books for the effects of the spells.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it time for voting already?

Jmarshmallow

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rd1027

@jmarshmallow said:

Is it time for voting already?

Jmarshmallow

No it isn't did I do it too soon? This is my first CaV so I wouldn't know :/ Sorry if I did.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027: It's no problem, it's just that when you call people it's assumed that it's time to vote, since a CAV is between two people so there should be no need for more people.

I wish you luck on your first CaV by the way!

Jmarshmallow

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stormdriven

Looks pretty good. I'll have to remember to put my vote in for this.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027: You're doing good!

Jmarshmallow

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joewell911

@rd1027:

Before anything I have to question some of these spells. Mainly these-

• Configurio- A blasting charm, pretty much causes an explosion at whatever its aimed at. It can be very useful in battle, and he can easily put some damage on Edward with a few hits or get splash damage.

How powerful is this? Is it more than what Ed survived when he went against Roy Mustang?

Loading Video...

Watch from 1:10 to 3:40.

And these;

• Confundo- Causes the target to lose focus and prone to error. I dont think that Edward would have any defense against this and he could fall victim to this very easily.
  • Crucio- Another huge one. The torture curse, it causes extreme pain to the victim. Almost no one can resist its effects. The only person who has is Harry and that's because the elder wand refused to hurt its true master. This is another potential game changer.
  • Defodio- Spell that can cut through solid objects like steel and metal, might be useful against Edward's environment manipulation. This can also potentially sever his metallic arm right off.
  • Entail Expelling Curse- Causes all of the entrails (like the intenseness) of a body to be violently ejected from the body. Another spell that could one shot Edward.
  • Impedeminta- Halts the progress of the victim through ropes, tripping, or binds. Can be useful if Edward tries to rush Harry directly.
  • Imperio- Another game changer. If Edward is not able to defend his mind, he can easily get mind raped by Harry and Harry can simply end this fight before it even begins.
  • Levicorpus- Dangles a person by one leg in midair, if Edward gets put into this its game over.
  • Petrificus Totalus- Causes the entire body to be frozen and binded up, a person cant move after this. Again Edward can get one shotted if Harry uses this on him.
  • Sectumsempra- Causes deep gashes and cuts on a person's body. Draco got one shotted by this spell and its incredibly dark magic. Can decapitate Edward easily.

How does Harry use these? Do they shoot a projectile of some sort or does he point or what?

If they shoot a projectile, how fast do they move? Because Edward can erect his walls faster than a mini-gun can shoot its bullets.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And as for the cutting spells, Eds automail is stronger than normal metals.

Loading Video...

1:05-2:00

Here it shows Pride ( The little boy with the shadow tendrils ) not being able to cut Eds automail. And those shadows can easily cut through trees, humans, and Alphonses metal body.

So I believe that he could block the spells with his arm and leg, unless the spell has cut through something as durable as that before.

Ok, thats all I'm gonna put until you answer my question about the spells. I don't want to base my plan off of things I'm not sure about.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I forgot to mention the shield spell, Protego.

How powerful is it? What's its best feat against a physical attack?

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rd1027

@joewell:

Sorry, had some work to do but I'm back now. Okay lots to answer here.

• Protego- Had a few physical showings in the series. For example there is the time where he cast a shield charm and it completely knocked Hermione back. Keep in mind that he was not using his own wand so its weaker than normal.

"You -- crawl -- back -- here -- after -- weeks -- and -- weeks -- oh, where's my wand?"

She looked as though ready to wrestle it out of Harry's hands and he reacted instinctively.

"Protego!"

The invisible shield erupted between Ron and Hermione. The force of it knocked her backward onto the floor. Spitting hair out of her mouth, she lept up again.

This is when he uses his normal wand and he knocks Snape back into a desk.

He turned his wand on Harry so fast that Harry reacted instinctively; all thought of nonverbal spells forgotten, he yelled, "Protego!"

His Shield Charm was so strong Snape was knocked off-balance and hit a desk. The whole class had looked around and now watched as Snape righted himself, scowling.

Also there is this feat from the movie. Umbridge deflects an arrow using protego.

Loading Video...

Watch from 1:20 to 1:25 (sorry for the bad quality).

Also the harry potter wiki states that in fact the shield charm does protect against physical attacks.

However we must remember that as with all of the other spells, the Elder Wand greatly increases the potency of all of the spells. I already posted two examples above, how the Elder wand (with a non master) busted the shield of the most powerful members of the order of the phoenix and most Hogwarts professors, and how it was able to mend harry's unmendable wand. Therefore I conclude that harry's shield charm would block against any and all physical attacks that Edward can put out from what I can see.

• The blasting curse. The single most impressive feat for this is when peter pettigrew used it. He totally blasted the street they were in, killing 12 muggles in the process. I'd attribute that kind of destruction to a small missile, certainly more than a grenade if they blasted the street open. (Though it says sirius did it, we later find out that it was really Peter, a weak wizard compared to Harry. Also worth pointing out that I already posted a feat of it blasting apart a sidecar of a motercycle.)

“Anyway, they cornered Black in the middle of a street full of Muggles an’ Black took out ‘is wand and ‘e blasted ‘alf the street apart, an’ a wizard got it, an’ so did a dozen Muggles what got in the way. ‘Orrible, eh?

With the elder wand enhancements, it would not be surprising if he could almost level half a city block with it, you get the point. The blasts from Harry's wand would be overwhelmingly powerful and have lots of splash damage if a weak minded wizard like Peter Pettigrew could demolish half a entire city street and kill 12 people in the process.

Now let me run through the rest of your questions

• Confundus charm- No projectile at all, you simply gotta point your want in the direction of the person. Immediate effect.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• Crucio- Again no projectile. Immediate effect.

"At once, the spider's legs bent in upon its body; it rolled over and began to twitch horribly, rocking from side to side. No sound came from it, but Harry was sure that if it could have given voice, it would have been screaming. Moody did not remove his wand, and the spider started to shudder and jerk more violently..."

Hermione was screaming again: The sound went through Harry like physical pain. Barely conscious of the fierce prickling of his scar, he too started to run around the cellar, feeling the walls for he hardly knew what, knowing in his heart that it was useless.

“What else did you take, what else? ANSWER ME! CRUCIO!”

Hermione’s screams echoed off the walls upstairs, Ron was half sobbing as he pounded the walls with his fists.

As Amycus spun around, Harry shouted, “Crucio!”

The Death Eater was lifted off his feet. He writhed through the air like a drowning man, thrashing and howling in pain, and then, with a crunch and a shattering of glass, he smashed into the front of a bookcase and crumpled, insensible, to the floor.
“I see what Bellatrix meant,” said Harry, the blood thundering through his brain, “you need to really mean it.”

Loading Video...

From the start until 35 seconds roughly.

• Defodio- Unclear but there does not seem to be any projectile. This is its greatest feat

“We’ll never get out, it’s too big!” Hermione screamed, but the dragon opened its mouth and belched flame again, blasting the tunnel, whose floors and ceiling cracked and crumbled. By sheer force, the dragon clawed and fought its way through. Harry’s eyes were shut tight against the heat and dust: Deafened by the crash of rock and the dragon’s roars, he could only cling to its back, expecting to be shaken off at any moment; then he heard Hermione yelling, “Defodio!”

She was helping the dragon enlarge the passageway, carving out the ceiling as it struggled upward toward the fresher air, away from the shrieking and clanking goblins: Harry and Ron copied her, blasting the ceiling apart with more gouging spells. They passed the underground lake, and the great crawling, snarling beast seemed to sense freedom and space ahead of it, and behind them the passage was full of the dragon’s thrashing, spiked tail, of great lumps of rock, gigantic fractured stalactites, and the clanking of the goblins seemed to be growing more muffled, while ahead, the dragon’s fire kept their progress clear –

And then at last, by the combined force of their spells and the dragon’s brute strength, they had blasted their way out of the passage into the marble hallway.

With the elder wand its quite possible that harry himself could have done this, it probably is enough to completely tear apart Edward's arm.

• Entrail Expelling Curse- Not much is known about this one I have to admit, only mentioned in passing so we can leave this out if you want.
  • Impedimenta: This is a projectile. Can be blocked and only lasts for a minute or so.

They all divided up obediently; Harry partnered Neville as usual. The room was soon full of intermittent cries of “Impedimenta!” People froze for a minute or so, during which their partners would stare aimlessly around the room watching other pairs at work, then would unfreeze and take their turn at the jinx.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rd1027

@joewell: Have to continue my post here, for some reason the formatting was getting messed up, would not let me bullet point.

• Levicorpus- Light based but its only nonverbal, meaning there's almost no warning of what is coming.

Pointing his wand at nothing in particular, he gave it an upward flick and said Levicorpus! inside his head. "Aaaaaaaargh!"

There was a flash of light and the room was full of voices: Everyone had woken up as Ron had let out a yell. Harry sent Advanced Potion-Making flying in panic; Ron was dangling upside down in midair as though an invisible hook had hoisted him up by the ankle.

• Imperio: No light, instantaneous.

Moody reached into the jar, caught one of the spiders, and held it in the palm of his hand so that they could all see it. He then pointed his wand at it and muttered, “Imperio!”

The spider leapt from Moody’s hand on a fine thread of silk and began to swing backward and forward as though on a trapeze. It stretched out its legs rigidly, then did a back flip, breaking the thread and landing on the desk, where it began to cartwheel in circles. Moody jerked his wand, and the spider rose onto two of its hind legs and went into what was unmistakably a tap dance.

• Body bind curse- No light, instant.
No Caption Provided

"Petrificus Totalus!"

Without warning, Malfoy pointed his wand at Harry, who was instantly paralyzed. As though in slow motion, he toppled out of the luggage rack and fell, with an agonizing, floor-shaking crash, at Malfoy's feet, the Invisibility Cloak trapped beneath him, his whole body revealed with his legs still curled absurdly into the cramped kneeling position. He couldn't move a muscle; he could only gaze up at Malfoy, who smiled broadly.

• Sectumpstra- Instant, no light.

Harry slipped as Malfoy, his face contorted, cried, "Cruci —"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" bellowed Harry from the floor, waving his wand wildly.

Blood spurted from Malfoy's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backward and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand.

I hope that answers everything, please let me know if you have any more questions.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joewell: @rd1027: thanks for the tag. I'm glad to see someone using harry, and doing it so well. Two questions though: are you also using game feats for harry? Plus I saw some corrections in the hp side that could affect the battle. As joewell doesn't seem to have read hp, should I post them now, or wait for the end? It's not going to change the debate, just clarification. Or is researching properly also a factor for voting? :)

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: @rd1027: thanks for the tag. I'm glad to see someone using harry, and doing it so well. Two questions though: are you also using game feats for harry? Plus I saw some corrections in the hp side that could affect the battle. As joewell doesn't seem to have read hp, should I post them now, or wait for the end? It's not going to change the debate, just clarification. Or is researching properly also a factor for voting? :)

Thanks! Its my first CaV so I thought that I'd do a character not featured enough here. I'm using book and movie feats, no game feats. If I did anything wrong, please let me know afterwards unless @joewell wants you to correct me know.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rd1027

@princearagorn1:

actually if you want I'm fine with you correcting my mistakes, just wanna make it as fair as possible

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@rd1027: I'll wait for joewell as you said. It's a CAV afterall.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

You only need to correct him now if its something that would majorly change the debate.

@rd1027

Thanks for the explanation.

Counter Time!

To all the spells that let off a projectile, Ed can simply block or dodge. Unless any of them move faster than minigun bullets.

To the ones that don't, but require Harry to point at him, Edward can still get out of his line of sight. By either putting up a wall or playing offence and attacking, forcing Harry to use his force-field or get impaled.

From the minigun blocking feat above, I'd say Eds alchemy is roughly as fast as Harrys spellcasting. So all of the one-hit insta-win spells Harry has can be negated.

Next we have the explosion spells. Those are about the same size as Roy's transmutation, that Ed was running through and tanking from inches away. He came out of that fight virtually unscathed, so Harrys won't be able to do much more.

Cutting spells and the Sword can both be blocked be Eds automail, which I've shown is stronger than normal metals.

And last one before I go to my attack plan, Protego. Its a good spell, can probably could block Eds attacks, but it seems to only last for a second before dispersing. If Ed were to send two rapid fire attacks, I doubt Harry could block them both.

Attack Plan

The first thing Edward will do is go inside one of the smaller buildings. Doing that makes it much harder for Harry to fly around with with his broomstick and closes the space, so Ed can easier engage Harry in close quarters.

Once Harry enters the building, he'll immediately be attacked by Edward, who will be using either his arm blade or a spear. With either one he can absolutely destroy Harry, considering Ed is leagues above him in close combat. That would pretty much end the fight right there. The only way I can see Harry defending from that is by maybe using Protego, but that wouldn't stop Ed from attacking. He'd keep punching, kicking, and spearing at Harry, giving him no changes to counter attack. Harry would eventually get hit because Ed is much faster can him up close. And once he does, he'll go down, making the victor Ed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@rd1027: @joewell: okay. For one, I don't recall harry being able to use fiendfyre, considering it's extremely dark magic capable of destroying horcruxes.

also, when did harry overcome crucio?

For the record, I'd suggest limiting levicorpus, considering it doesn't have any restrictions on aiming, or line of sight. Plus it's not something Edward can block, or counter, or overcome.

Edit: guys, sorry. If I keep doing this here, it will wreck the flow of debate. I'll talk to you in PM.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

I think you have a few things wrong here. The spells are instant meaning that Edward has no time to react. But for the point of debate, I'll accept that his reactions are roughly the same as Harry's spells. (though I still disagree as they are instant a machine gun is not instant, a spell is, though this would make it borderline spite for harry since he can just one shot him when the battle starts)

Second off, that feat you showed of him tanking explosions, were no where near what Harry would be able to do with the Elder wand. I'll repeat myself. Peter Pettigrew (a pretty poor wizard compared to harry) destroyed half a street with a blasting curse, with a substantially weaker wand. Harry casting the curse with the elder wand, well he could wipe out an entire city block. Those explosions would not be tanked by Ed. He might take a few but they will hurt and he can not shrug them off unless you provide a greater feat than that.

Third off, several Defodio spells and a dragon were able to cut through several layers of rock to break into Gringott's main chamber. I seriously doubt Ed's arm would be able to tank that from Harry using the elder wand, which would probably be able to do that singlehandely. He would have to put up barriers for that, a direct hit would not be able to be tanked by his arm at all. Considering the raw force behind that is roughly two times the force of a dragon (spells did roughly half the work, dragon did the rest).

Fourth off. Protego is not for a split second. They only made it seem like that in the movies, its not true at all. Several examples are listed below.

• Harry cast more Shield Charms, and Voldemort's would-be victims. Seamus Finnigan and Hannah Abbott, datted past him into the Great Hall, where they joined the fight already flourishing inside it.

Protego!” she cried, and an invisible shield expanded between her and Harry on the one side and Ron on the other; all of them were forced backward a few steps by the strength of the spell, and Harry and Ron glared from either side of the transparent barrier as though they were seeing each other clearly for the first time. Harry felt a corrosive hatred toward Ron: Something had broken between them.

“Leave the Horcrux,” Harry said.

Ron wrenched the chain from over his head and cast the locket into a nearby chair.

He turned to Hermione. “What are you doing?”

“What do you mean?”
“Are you staying, or what?”
“I . . .” She looked anguished. “Yes—yes, I’m staying. Ron, we said we’d go with

Harry, we said we’d help—”
“I get it. You choose him.”

“Ron, no—please—come back, come back!”

She was impeded by her own Shield Charm; by the time she had removed it he had already stormed into the night.

• Deciding that it was at last safe to do so, Harry removed the Shield Charm with a wave of Hermione's wand and turned to Ron. (after a long argument)

So as you can see, his shield charm can stay up for as long as he wants it to be.

Now to counter your plan.

If Edward hides in a building, he can easily blast it apart. Even if the explosion would not kill Edward, there is no reason at all for Harry to go down from his broom and face an enemy that's leagues ahead of him h2h. He's a smart fighter and he would not do that at all. No, he'd still be spamming spells from atop of his broom (I already showed his skill and feats in ariel combat). Eventually, something's gotta give. Either Ed runs out of cover or he comes out and faces him h2h.

Once this happens, I see no way Ed can even hurt Harry. He has successfully dodged a dragon and spells on a broom, and prove that he's accurate enough while in the air. Protego can also help a lot, considering that Harry can keep his shields up for as long as he wants.

You also failed to address a few of my spells.

The disillusionment charm can make him invisible. Very easy for him to sneak up behind Edward and one shot him once this happens.

Harry can also mind rape him and I see no defense against this unless you post some feats of Ed resisting mental attacks.

Harry can also take lots and lots of pain if he does get hit. Here are a list of pain feats.

• Surviving Crucio.
  • Regrowing all of the bones in his arm in one night (apparently very painful).
  • Getting smashed in the head by a bludger during quidditch and being fine.
  • Numerous quidditch falls from 100+ feet from a broomstick.
  • Basilisk bite.
  • Broken noses.

That is just on the top of my head. The guy spends so much time in the hospital wing, its very astonishing. This is without mentioning that he can come back from any injury in a matter of seconds with Episkey (amplified by the elder wand).

""Episkey," said Tonks. Harry's nose felt very hot, then very cold. He raised a hand and felt it gingerly. It seemed to be mended."

Tonks mending a broken nose

Anything that Ed throws at Harry, he can block, out maneuver, or tank and heal. He's incredibly hard to put down. Not to mention that you underestimated some of his spells, with the strategy I put into place of him fighting exclusively on broomstick I see no way for Ed to take Harry down.

Even if Ed manages to take out his broom, harry can mend it with reparo in an instant and apparate so he has no clue where Harry is going. This again makes Harry almost impossible to hit if he can teleport in an instant to wherever on the battlefield he wants. If he sees Ed rushing at him he's not going to attempt to take him head on. He can simply teleport out of harms way and even spam it constantly combined with the disillusionment spell to make him impossible to be seen or hit.

Also one request, post some Ed durability feats. Does he tire? What's the longest he's kept going in a battle because Harry would not tire if he's fighting on broomstick, whereas Ed has to physically exert himself.

Your move @joewell

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spells are instant meaning that Edward has no time to react.

Harry still has to say the words to the spell and aim his wand, right? Thats takes around the same time as it takes Edward to clap his hands.

Second off, that feat you showed of him tanking explosions, were no where near what Harry would be able to do with the Elder wand. I'll repeat myself. Peter Pettigrew (a pretty poor wizard compared to harry) destroyed half a street with a blasting curse, with a substantially weaker wand. Harry casting the curse with the elder wand, well he could wipe out an entire city block. Those explosions would not be tanked by Ed. He might take a few but they will hurt and he can not shrug them off unless you provide a greater feat than that.

They may have been smaller, but it was impressive all the same. Ed could put up a wall up to protect himself anyways, and while the wall might be broken, it'd still protect him from the blast.

Third off, several Defodio spells and a dragon were able to cut through several layers of rock to break into Gringott's main chamber. I seriously doubt Ed's arm would be able to tank that from Harry using the elder wand, which would probably be able to do that singlehandely. He would have to put up barriers for that, a direct hit would not be able to be tanked by his arm at all. Considering the raw force behind that is roughly two times the force of a dragon (spells did roughly half the work, dragon did the rest).

I see. But he still has a way of stopping it, so it doesn't really matter how.

So as you can see, his shield charm can stay up for as long as he wants it to be.

My mistake. But can he put this up and attack at the same time?

Also one request, post some Ed durability feats. Does he tire? What's the longest he's kept going in a battle because Harry would not tire if he's fighting on broomstick, whereas Ed has to physically exert himself.

Well the fight with Greed ( 2nd video in the first post ) is a good example of his endurance. He was beat down and had half broken automail ( it was a weaker version of the one being used here ) but could still beat the Homunculus after he found his weakness. Keep in mind that that guy could easily crush rock with his punches, and Ed was taking hits from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to stop here, none of this post is official, I'll edit soon.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I'll wait for your full post before making my response

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027:

Here's the full post, it messed up for some reason when I tried to edit, so I'll just repost and delete the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The spells are instant meaning that Edward has no time to react.

Harry still has to say the words to the spell and aim his wand, right? Thats takes around the same time as it takes Edward to clap his hands.

They may have been smaller, but it was impressive all the same. Ed could put up a wall up to protect himself or drop himself in a hole and cover it over to counter it instead.

I see. But he still has a way of stopping it, so it doesn't really matter how.

My mistake. But can he put this up and attack at the same time?

Well the fight with Greed ( 2nd video in the first post ) is a good example of his endurance. He was beat down and had half broken automail ( it was a weaker version of the one being used here ) but could still beat the Homunculus after he found his weakness. Keep in mind that that guy could easily crush rock with his punches, and Ed was taking hits from him.

Harry can also mind rape him and I see no defense against this unless you post some feats of Ed resisting mental attacks.

I believe that spell requires eyesight, which Ed can cut off on a moments notice.

That is just on the top of my head. The guy spends so much time in the hospital wing, its very astonishing. This is without mentioning that he can come back from any injury in a matter of seconds with Episkey (amplified by the elder wand).

That's pretty impressive, but once Ed gets Harry on the ground, its over. Ed can end this with a single touch by using his destruction alchemy.

( Sorry for the terrible quality, I had to take those from my phone from at the library at my school XD )

Basically whats happening there is Ed is using Scars destruction alchemy, which allows the user to completely destroy the thing it touches. When used on a human, these are the results:

Loading Video...

Watch from 3:10-4:10

It basically causes your insides to explode. Ed doesn't tend to use it to often on humans, but since the fight is morals off, he'll be using it anytime he gets close enough.

Now it's only a matter of getting Harry off his broomstick. It will definitely be challenging, but not impossible.

After the building is destroyed and Ed has gotten out, he will use the dust from the explosion for cover to attack. Ed will launch massive earthen spikes, walls, and hands to attack Harry. While Harry may be able to dodge some of them, he'll be to busy dodging to counter-attack. Ed will continue to attack until the dust runs out. After that happens he'll create some more. While he himself was never shown to do this, his less alchemically capable brother could, so there's no reason he couldn't do the same.

Loading Video...

He uses the smoke screen at 0:05.

Using this tactic of hiding in smoke and attacking, Ed can take Harry out. Harry wouldn't be able to attack back because 1; he's being constantly attacked and 2; there a smoke screen around Ed, so all of his spells that require eye contact or knowing where your opponent is are useless.

That would also counter Harry's invisibility, because Ed would see the dust shifting when he came close.

Eventually Harry would be hit. After dozens of stone constructs appear almost instantly in front of him from only feet away, he's gonna slip up and run into one at sometime or another. And once he does, its game over. If he doesn't die from the fall itself, Ed can always use alchemy to cause the ground below to grow spikes.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rd1027

@joewell: No problem.

• First off, Harry does not have to say the words. He can easily do nonverbal spells, This gives Harry a distinct advantage in surprise. Ed is not going to tell when the spells are coming and often he wont be able to react. Sure he can block some, but he will get tagged sooner or later, Harry is no slouch with aiming and as I have posted above, he has tagged people going on broomsticks while in ariel combat. This just speaks for his prowess with a wand and his reputation as one of the best duelers in the HPverse.
  • Second off, you even admit that his explosions are more than Ed can tank effortlessly. He would not even need to get hit directly, the splash damage from an explosion would be insane and it would hurt Ed. He would not be able to counter this all the time , especially if the spells are nonverbal.
  • Third off, see point one, with nonverbal spells he can easily catch Ed by surprise. Ed would need to be shielded by constructs all the time, and Harry can break it down, mixing and matching his attacks to catch Ed off guard.
  • Fourth off, that isn't really endurance. All of the fights you posted were less than 10 mins long. Harry would not have to physically exert himself as much as Ed and Ed can always tire out in a fight unless you prove me otherwise.
  • It requires eyesight but really, Harry can spam it immediately after he breaks a construct. Ed would have to be shielding himself constantly to defend from it. Think about it, spam blast curses, and once Ed is at least staggered from the residual damage he can immediately mind rape him and the fight ends right there. Ed has zero defense against this, its not a projectile he can defend himself against and the result is instant.
  • Actually its not over if you get Harry off his broom. He has shown himself to be quite apt at apparition and he can teleport anytime he wants.

At once, there was that horrible sensation that he was being squeezed through a thick rubber tube; he could not draw breath, every part of him was being com-pressed almost past endurance and then, just when he thought he must suffocate, the invisible bands seemed to burst open, and he was standing in cool darkness, breathing in lungfuls of fresh, salty air.

No Caption Provided
  • About the shield charm, its not clear at all in the series. Fred and George sell clothing that has the shield charm imbued. The wearer still can cast spells. Then again nothing could pass though the shield charm that Hermione cast when Harry and Ron had their fight. So again this is unclear. Lets say it cant (think the second piece of evidence is more conclusive). It does not matter. Harry would make himself and his broom invisible from the start of the match. He would use the shield charm as needed but he can stay invisible for the fight. Ed would not be able to see him coming by the dust parting as you said because that's not what the charm does.

"Harry looked down at his body, or rather, what had been his body, for it didn't look anything like his anymore. It was not invisible; it had simply taken on the exact colour and texture of the kitchen unit behind him. He seemed to have become a human chameleon."

It allows him to blend in with the surroundings, so whatever color the smoke is, he would take it. It is not simply a force field around him dispersing light. This amplified with the elder wand would make him totally invisible. Essentially Harry would be able to travel at very high speeds and still maintain his invisibility. Not only that, he would not even need to venture into the dust or debris to get shots in on Ed. Brooms are seen regularly flying hundreds of feet into the air. He can easily avoid detection with this.

In short, Ed would have no idea where Harry is. Harry would cast this at the start of a battle and Ed would be utterly confused. He might try to construct a defense or hide, but again, Harry can sneak up behind him. Ed would not even be able to hear Harry coming with the Muffliato spell.

Perhaps most useful of all, Muffliato, a spell that filled the ears of anyone nearby with an unidentifiable buzzing, so that lengthy conversations could be held in class without being overheard."

So I have proved that Harry is invisible to Ed, he is not hitting him period. He can not see the "dust parting", nor can he hear Harry coming towards him.

My counter to to your plan happens is this.

Lets say Harry destroys a building. He is already impossible to detect and be heard. Ed might be able to hide in a smokescreen but again I repeat, Harry can not be seen or heard. How is he going to hit an enemy he can not sense? This is morals off Harry so he would not hesitate to do this at all. Ed would be rather confused I think. A invisible enemy is coming at him full speed (150+ mph).

Harry can even do this instantly by appearing right next to ed and slit his throat with the sword of gryffindor, one shot him with a killing curse, mind rape him, use crucio, stun him, lock up his entire body, sever his metallic arm, tear him to pieces with sectumsempra, I could go on and on and on. He would not be able to react to this without knowing where Harry is coming from or if he's even there.

The smoke will also run out eventually allowing Harry to get clear shots on him once this does happen. Unless he shields himself right away and the process would repeat. He can even do it before the smoke clears up, with Homenum Revelio which detects human presence in a area. Either way, Ed has no way to hide from a bloodlusted Harry using all of his magic.

Ed just cant hurt Harry, he'd be in shock. He might wildly try to hurl some constructs at Harry but this would not work. Not with his maneuverability on a broom and ed having no idea where he is, even so, a simple defodio would stop his constructs before they even got to harry but again this is a very very random chance and Ed is essentially fighting in the dark. Nonverbal spells would mean that he would not see them coming unless they were projectiles which Harry would be smart enough not to use.

This essentially means that Harry has his invisibility cloak without actually having it, with the added bonus of not being able to be heard.

As I said before, once Harry finds an opening its game over for Ed period. The only thing Ed can do is shell himself in, and the same results would happen again and again. Harry would blast open his construct, hurting Ed in the process (as I have explained before, his explosions have the potential to hurt Ed.

He will go down eventually. His durability has its limits, and he can be tagged unlike Harry. Even if Harry is tagged, he is invisible. He can fly off, recover, then go right back and chip away again. He can apparate in a pinch if he's knocked off his brooms (gripping charms again would help with this), use Accio to summon it (the pieces would be invisible), repair it, and go right back again.

In short, his combination of stealth and raw power with the elder wand would eventually overwhelm Ed, who does not even know where he is aiming at. If by chance he does get a lucky hit in, he would not be able to sense where he is, Harry can apparate anywhere he wants, and then recover and come back better than ever. Unless you can show me a way that Ed can counter this strategy of hit and run that Harry would employ, he would not be able to get tagged unless some serious PIS was involved.

Your move @joewell

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027:

Hey, I won't be able to get a computer to do this for awhile ( I'm posting this on my phone ). We can go ahead and open it for voting.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thedailybagel  Moderator

This was an interesting debate and much better than I expected, I'm gonna have to go with @rd1027. Just ask if you'd like my reasoning.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rd1027

@thedailybagel: Since its my first CAV, could you give some insight if you dont mind please

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thedailybagel  Moderator

@rd1027: you presented a very good argument overall, especially when speaking about the spells. You made it clear that they would most likely connect and your knowledge really shined here mate. It's clear you know your stuff when it comes to Harry potter and considering it's your first CaV (and your relatively new) you did amazingly well.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@rd1027: they're quite fun aren't they? I recently did my first CaV and it's in the voting phase at the minute, it'd be great if you could have a look and possibly vote. The links here:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-thedailybagel-vs-lowlaville-voting-open-1598637/

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers