CaV: Harley Quinn (Joygirl) vs Quenethil Baenre (Floopay)

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jokergeist

The Clown Princess vs the Drow Priestess

No Caption Provided

Joygirl is playing Harley Quinn.

Floopay is playing Quenethil Baenre.

Battle Conditions

• Quenethil is depowered with no spells. Both combatants have standard gear.
  • No prep is given. In-Character.
  • Fight to the death.
  • Fight takes place in a Drow torture chamber.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

InB4 @dondave: says "this is going to be good" :P

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Bruxae

Huge fan of Drow and Harley too so this should definetly be intresting.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I'm gonna let Flupez start this one, wanna get a taste of his debate style.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl: Sorry, I'm just not sure how well I can really do this debate. At first I was really confident, but @dondave never officially said "This should be good", so now I'm worried that this debate is just going to suck!

Generally I like to open up with a brief overview of my character. Now, I know much of this you already know, because you are also a fan of Forgotten Realms, but I'm going to go over it anyway. The point is to educate the voters moreso than to inform you. So don't read this as me telling you what you already know! :P

Quenthil Baenre

Mistress of Arach-Tinilith

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Being a drow female in peak physical condition, she is at least as strong as an athletic male human. However, Quenthel does wear magical equipment somewhere upon her person that enhances her strength to superhuman levels.

Superhuman Durability - Between her equipment, her natural durability, and her innate drow resistances, her resistances are greater than any peak human.

Superhuman Speed - As a drow female in peak physical condition, she is naturally faster than any human could realistically hope to be. Of course, I'm debating against Harley who is realistically Superhuman in all stats, so don't take this as a "Well Quenthel should be faster" sort of thing...

Superhuman Senses - As a drow, Quenthel's sight, hearing, and smell are all enhanced beyond the natural levels of any human being.

Innate Drow Abilities - As a drow, Quenthel can summon globes of darkness, faerie fire, and levitate multiple times per day. She can also create a spectacle of dancing lights by sheer will.

Master Martial Artist - Quenthel has taken on the likes of demons (not lesser ones either) without any of her normal equipment to boast her stats, and has proven herself to be a top tier fighter, with a level of skill that is nigh unmatched in drow society.

Magical Equipment - Quenthel possesses a host of magical equipment to aid her in battle. These range from scrolls and wands to grant her spells, to equipment that boosts her physical stats beyond their normal limits. Additionally, she also wears equipment that is naturally more durable than any non-magical piece of equipment should hope to be.

A few pieces of standard gear:

• Boots of Speed - Increases her foot speed.
  • Viper Whip - Has 5 sentient imps in the form of vipers on it. They relay battle information to her, guide themselves to strike, and release powerful poisons upon striking.
  • Magical Elven Chainmail - More durable than any normal piece of chainmail.
  • Magical Adamantium Buckler - More durable than any normal buckler.
  • Amulet of Natural Armor - Increases her natural durability.
  • Baenre House Insignia - Allows her extra levitations per day.
  • Rod of Gooey Globs - Fires a glob of sticky fluid than can pin a target in place
  • Wand of Healing Magic (Moderate maybe?) - Grants healing magic, can heal deep cuts with one use.
  • Piwafwi of Resistance - Grants heavy resistances towards magic, the elements, and etc.
  • Various Scrolls, Potions, and Wands - Anything from offensive, defensive, healing, or misc. affects.
  • Bags of Holding - Extra storage
  • Belt of Strength - Increases her strength by no small amount

End Spoiler Block

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shall retort to your education with a little teachin' of my own...

...Puddin'!

Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, AKA HARLEY QUINN

No Caption Provided

The Cupid of Crime

Superhuman Strength - Due to a potion given to her by Poison Ivy, Harley's immune system was boosted to the point of being godly, past the point of characters like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Firestorm. It was increased to the point that it massively increased a number of her physical attributes, notably her strength. This is increased to the point where she is able to behead giant sharks underwater, throw a grown man several stories straight up, and bring a hardened criminal to his knees with a single handshake.

Superhuman Speed/Agility - On a level allowing her to consistently dodge gunfire and outfight some of the DCU's finest martial artists, such as Cassandra Cain, Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, Tim Drake, and the Joker himself.

Superhuman Durability - Has been shown to easy take hits from falling machinery, a solid strike directly to the face from Tim Drake's staff, and repeated strikes from other strong characters. She has also directly regenerated a from a gunshot wound the instant the bullet was removed from her body.

Superior Gymnastic Skills - Even before her enhancements Harley Quinn was a remarkable gymnast, good enough to earn a college scholarship to a medical school. After her enhancements she has been seen doing incredible flips and acrobatic feats, including leaping straight over the gate the Arkham Asylum.

Psychiatric Training - Between her insane insights into the human mind and her official training in psychology, Harley has been shown to be able to throw people off their game or get into their heads using psychological combat. She is also highly intelligent and has been seen using her intellect and agility in the middle of combat.

Combat Skills - Harley is a more-than-modest combatant who went through a Themysciran boot camp. She is also an extremely adept marksman and demolitionist.

Complete Disregard For Human Life - Harley Quinn has no concept of damage or death, and therefore no moral restrictions against fighting to her utmost capacity.

A Few Pieces of Standard Gear:

• Her hammer, which she is highly experienced in the use of.
  • Various grenades, bombs, and explosives, usually comedy-themed. Explosive chattering teeth or sticks of gum can be seen on her person whenever she deems them necessary.
  • Her popgun. With her enhanced speed she is capable of quick-drawing it faster than someone can fire an aimed pistol, and its impact has been shown to be capable of breaking ribs.
  • Joker Venom, an extremely lethal substance that only she and the Joker himself are fully immune to.
  • Has been seen with spring-loaded shoes, allowing her to jump truly absurd distances.
  • Shuriken/Kunai. For a time during her career (when she was partially reformed and had given up on gag weaponry) Harley used ninja-esque weaponry and was shown to be extremely skilled in its use.
  • An oversized revolver with six shots.

This equipment is apparently kept in a large purse that is rarely seen, eluding to the fact that Quinn has some form of Hammerspace power.

Thanks for reading,

Joygirl

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Crapballs, forgot to tag you.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Floopay

@joygirl: I'll get to this later tonight or later in the week. Running off about 12 hours of sleep so far this week, so I'm gonna nap the rest of today.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Leaning towards Floopay here but this should be a good fight.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@joygirl: Gonna put this on hold for a couple days, so that I can get my tournament up and running, as well as catch up on sleep. Really been lacking on sleep these past few days.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek We haven't quite gotten started yet, and to be honest I'm curious to see how votes will sway. I know quite a bit about Harley, and I see this as a very close match-up.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: @floopay: *COUGH* COUGH*

This has to be held off a bit longer, unfortunately. My WotSQ series is out on loan.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay