User Lists: 0

We all know Sauce solos anyway :p

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@precrisisbardock: Is there a reason why everybody keeps calling him 'Sauce' or does everybody just keep failing at typing?

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

@purple_d_dragon said:

actually I liked the Naruto post. and they may win this, but... seems like @imperfect_cell is not taking this very seriously.

... hey @mudamudamudajust a thought, the Toneri attack, in the movie, it took around 10 seconds from the time when he activated the beam to the time he made it touch the moon, so we know the Beam is long enough to cut the moon, but the Beam was noy directly fired to the moon, it was charged and pointed up before he attacked Naruto, so how fast was the attack if it took around 10 seconds (could be less but watch the movie and count them for yourself.) to be long enough to cut the moon?

(I made a calc, it is possible wrong, but I just made an estimation that the Beam was around 7.808.400 mile/hour... around 10.257 the speed of sound (Match Over 10.000).

No Caption Provided

as I said, I suck at calcs so it is probably wrong in a horrible way. and considering that 19,031 mile/hour (Match 25) is the speed of aerodynamic Re-entry into the atmosphere speeds make it sound as Naruto's speed is crazy as hell...(0.011 647 105 341 the speed of light [air] by that calc) but then again this is the kind of stuff you find trying to calc Anime, where the Authors rarely use real life physics in them.)

in this video the attack gets fired at 5:10 and it touches the moon at 5:22. it includes a kind of slowing time scene (like 2 seconds), but it would still be around 10 seconds or little less.

Loading Video...

so what would be Naruto's speed, and by the way, he reacted in his KCM and counter the technique in base form but it was because he focused all of his power in his right hand while he was already running and pointing his hand in KCM. 7:00 in the video onward.

I am not supporting the Z team, I just had those things in mind for a while. I will go to bed, I hope my little contribution do any good.

my bad, I calc again and the Beam was just 777 600 mile/hour. 20160 miles in around 10 seconds. is 216 mile/second = 777 600 mile/hour or 1 021.535 466 8 speed of sound [in air] ... so Naruto's best feat put him around Match 1.000. I knew my previous calc was wrong somewhere. I am sorry about that.

"The moon measures about 2160 miles (3476 km) across. The distance is about one fourth the diameter of the Earth, and 400 times smaller than that of the sun."

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MudaMudaMuda
@purple_d_dragon said:

my bad, I calc again and the Beam was just 777 600 mile/hour. 20160 miles in around 10 seconds. is 216 mile/second = 777 600 mile/hour or 1 021.535 466 8 speed of sound [in air] ... so Naruto's best feat put him around Match 1.000. I knew my previous calc was wrong somewhere. I am sorry about that.

"The moon measures about 2160 miles (3476 km) across. The distance is about one fourth the diameter of the Earth, and 400 times smaller than that of the sun."

I would have preferred if we took this to a PM but since the CaV got canceled, I guess we may as well discuss it here.

1) I disagree with the provided time frame, you are assuming that the beam only reached the length of the moon after hitting it, I would argue that it was done expending by the time toneri announced the name as no more shock waves or blurs were shown while he was swinging it.

2) I disagree with using the animation time frame to judge the speed, events in anime are very often slowed down for us to see, one actual second for Naruto could be presented for us over a much longer time-frame, one particular example of this would be the Pain vs Naruto fight :

Loading Video...

Pain uses his Shinra tensei at 1:49:19 then a lot of stuff happens till 1:49:50 where it's announced that only 1 second actually passed between the time Pain used that Shinra tensei and everything else took place. So roughly 30 seconds of animations only amounted to 1 second of actual time passing.

Another example would be during the Juubi fight :

Loading Video...

At 10:13 Obito prepares to fire the Juubi bomb but ino takes control of him, then we see a lot of other stuff happen until 10:45 where Obito breaks free from the Mind transfer jutsu, that's roughly 32 seconds of animations, however in actual time frame it took Obito only 2 seconds to break Ino's justsu as per her own statement.

3) If you insist on using the animation as a quantifier without taking into account it being slowed down, then It's far more advisable to use the scene at 5:10 as the beam is shown expending very fast over the moon's surface. If you take the portion of the moon displayed and past it over an image of the moon you would have a more accurate way to measure how far the beam traveled in that 0.5 s it expended in.

4) Keeping what I said in 2 in mind, If you watch the scene with Toneri again, you will notice that Toneri fired his attack faster than Naruto could reach him. The distance between the two at the time was roughly a few dozen meters, I think, and I seriously doubt that Naruto amped with both Bijuu mode and Sage mode would take 10 entire seconds just to cross such a short distance so clearly that scene was also extended for us to watch.

Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: agree, that's what happen when you try to calc based on animation, as I said, I only wanted to give it a number. but then how fast would you say he is? like, in a number or something.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: agree, that's what happen when you try to calc based on animation, as I said, I only wanted to give it a number. but then how fast would you say he is? like, in a number or something.

Pretty much. Though I can't really provide a number like that without doing some scaling but if you want my own opinion then I must say that I seriously doubt that that feat is under mach 4-5 digit, especially considering the anime's tendency to slow down scenes. Keep in mind that this is just a guess at best, for now.

Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

@mudamudamuda: yeah, because I guy tried to calc the speed of Piccolo's Moon destructive beams and it took around 2.6 seconds for the beam to reach the moon.

Akira was once asked, how long Gokus power pole can get, and he aswered, since it reached the moon, it can strech at least 380 000 km. This clearly shows that in Akira's mind dragon ball earth has the same or the simmilar relative position to it's moon as our planet does to our moon.

It took only few moments for a simple beam from Piccolo to reach the moon.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37144/4267676-m1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37144/4267677-m2.jpg

The Moon is 1.3 light seconds away, and it would take additional 1.3 seconds for a light from the explosion to return back to the earth, which means this beam from Piccolo was at very least close to the speed of light.

---http://www.comicvine.com/dragon-balls/4055-46445/forums/combat-speed-of-dragon-ball-characters-649740/

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

so if we take the time the Beam took to reach the moon it would be around 3 seconds (it is actually less but lets round it.)

Edited: I fucked it up again, now it is fixed.

that would make that Beam that took around 3 seconds to reach the moon, at the speed of 126 666 kilometer/second = 372 229.568 9 speed of sound [on air]... over Match 300 000.

as I said, this is the kind of stuff one find when calculating fiction.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: yeah, because I guy tried to calc the speed of Piccolo's Moon destructive beams and it took around 2.6 seconds for the beam to reach the moon.

Akira was once asked, how long Gokus power pole can get, and he aswered, since it reached the moon, it can strech at least 380 000 km. This clearly shows that in Akira's mind dragon ball earth has the same or the simmilar relative position to it's moon as our planet does to our moon.

It took only few moments for a simple beam from Piccolo to reach the moon.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37144/4267676-m1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37144/4267677-m2.jpg

The Moon is 1.3 light seconds away, and it would take additional 1.3 seconds for a light from the explosion to return back to the earth, which means this beam from Piccolo was at very least close to the speed of light.

---http://www.comicvine.com/dragon-balls/4055-46445/forums/combat-speed-of-dragon-ball-characters-649740/

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

so if we take the time the Beam took to reach the moon it would be around 3 seconds (it is actually less but lets round it.)

Edited: I fucked it up again, now it is fixed.

that would make that Beam that took around 3 seconds to reach the moon, at the speed of 126 666 kilometer/second = 372 229.568 9 speed of sound [on air]... over Match 300 000.

as I said, this is the kind of stuff one find when calculating fiction.

Seems reasonable enough if you ask me.

Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: and Raditz could dodge the Special Beam cannon after it was fired at him. so their speed is around match 30.000 at least.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MudaMudaMuda

@purple_d_dragon said:

@mudamudamuda: and Raditz could dodge the Special Beam cannon after it was fired at him. so their speed is around match 30.000 at least.

I do not think that all Ki attacks share the same speed. A destructo disc is obviously slower than a Chi Kung blast. However I wouldn't be surprised if Goku and Vegeta were faster than mach 300K given their extended final clash fight while Kaio-ken was active (which lasts for only a Heart-beat)

Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

@mudamudamuda: yeah, the Kaio Ken was a factor too, and the power levels of Goku and Vegeta were much greater than Raditz.(specially Vegeta with a power level of 18.000)

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: yeah, the Kaio Ken was a factor too, and the power levels of Goku and Vegeta were much greater than Raditz.(specially Vegeta with a power level of 18.000)

True, though power levels aren't very reliable when it comes to determining individual stats.

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto and Sasuke

ExtremeBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and vegeta still stomp

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any proof that vegeta and goku wont blow all up, also they blitz both.