CaV: Goku and Vegeta vs Superman and Wonder Woman

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nickzambuto
Goku and Vegeta, Protectors of the Universe
Goku and Vegeta, Protectors of the Universe
Superman and Wonder Woman, Protectors of the... Universe
Superman and Wonder Woman, Protectors of the... Universe

It's the Super Saiyan Warriors of Dragon Ball going head-to-head with DC's Man of Steel and Princess of the Amazons. It's a match to go down in legends, who will come out on top in this Earth-shattering power brawl of galactic proportions? Four of the most powerful fighters in the universe, going head, to head, to head, to head.

• Morals on
  • No knowledge
  • Anime versions of Goku and Vegeta, including all filler and canon movies
  • Pre and New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman
  • Battle on the planet of the Kais
  • TO THE DIE
No Caption Provided

Goku and Vegeta - @nickzambuto

Superman and Wonder Woman - @the_man_with_questions

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman's sure got ass in that pic...

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Sweet! Would you like to go first? I need to refresh my mind on Dragon Ball Z.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome, tag for votes please!

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Sweet! Would you like to go first? I need to refresh my mind on Dragon Ball Z.

Not a problem. Just give me some time to get my thoughts in order.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME!!! YES!!!

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have been more badass if it was vegito since they have the fusions earrings on lol. Looking forward to this.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the die?

You sound like Superboy Prime

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked TO THE DEAD!!! Better, too mainstream?

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One-Sided fights are always the best

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: This is a CAV only between two people your not supposed to comment on the battle only for voting. Please be careful of that next time

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickzambuto

@the_man_with_questions: As an avid fan of Dragon Ball AND the man of steel, I've wanted to throw my hat into the Goku vs Superman ring for a long time now, and adding in Vegeta and Wonder Woman is just a big bonus. Let me start with saying that this will by no means be an easy victory for either party. Superman and Goku are destined to stalemate for all eternity; if you put a gun to my head I might have to side with Goku for a slim majority, but throwing Wonder Woman into the mix might give team DC the leg up. Though at the same time, it's pretty hard for me to picture the Prince of all Saiyans being felled by a pitiful earthling, Amazonian or not, so then we're back to this match being a toss-up. In the end, I will side with team DBZ more often than not, but it's close. I've witnessed more than a few Goku vs Superman debates, and from those I feel like I have a good idea of each character's strengths, weaknesses, and more or less how the battle would play out, and in my opinion I just feel that Goku has the overall advantage. Wonder Woman is the wild card here, but at the end of the day, I believe that Goku and Vegeta's advantages in fighting skills, destructive power, and their plethora of miscellaneous techniques and transformations will lead to their eventual victory over the DC duo.

Let me start with Goku and Vegeta's biggest advantage; fighting skills. As Saiyans, both Goku and Vegeta are naturally superior warriors. What other fighters gain through training and experience, a Saiyan can do through instinct. Korin is an 800 year old martial arts grandmaster. During his first meeting with Goku, the Saiyan couldn't even lay a finger on him due to his ability to read minds and body language.

No Caption Provided

Yet after only three days of training, Goku learned how to counter Korin's moves and successfully outfought him.

Move reading is a technique that took Master Roshi three years of intense training to master, however Goku figured it out on his own after just three days of trying. For an amateur martial artist like Superman, it should take Goku mere seconds, a few minutes at most to learn his moves, and from there dodging everything the man of steel throws out in CQC should be easy. The same is true for Vegeta, as a child he was shown easily sidestepping numerous Saibamen with minimal effort, despite a single Saibamen being a match for Yamcha's martial arts.

Kid Vegeta vs Saibamen

They may seem dumb, but they were genetically engineered to be great fighters, capable of using throws, parries, and basic tactics.

Additionally, Mr. Popo taught Goku how to anticipate his opponent's every move by mastering all of his senses, detecting the slightest shift in the atmosphere, and tracking their ki.

The training is mostly glossed over in the manga, but in the anime Popo sends Goku to learn calmness and concentration from a fisherman by feeling the movements in a lake, teaches him how to empty his mind and focus by sparring against an emotionless clay version of himself, has him train his senses by playing hide n' seek blindfolded, and disciplines his mind with constant meditation. After three years, Goku is able to predict Tien Shinhan's attacks without even looking at him. The best part? Vegeta also learned how to sense ki, just by fighting Goku and watching him do it.

During the Buu Saga, Goku was able to easily dodge hits from a much stronger character in total darkness, just by sensing the shifts in the atmosphere. He also claims that Gohan and Vegeta can do this as well by using the words "us" and "we"; it's all a casual affair by this point. The only problem is Vegeta's more head-strong fighting style doesn't really focus on predicting and countering as much as Goku's does, but if he does end up battling Kal-El, he should still have the advantage thanks to his Saiyan blood. Goku on the other hand, can easily dodge and block everything Superman throws out by predicting his moves before he does them.

Like so. Trunks is also a much better fighter than Superman, AND he was stronger than Goku at this point in the series, yet the Saiyan treated him casually.

In terms of reaction time, Goku was able to dodge photon beams in his base form during the Android Saga, so he can definitely react if Clark comes at him faster than light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Additionally, during his battle against Freeza, Goku was able to escape the paralyzing light ball the instant it exploded. If he wasn't traveling faster than light at that time, than the light attack would have consumed him, but it clearly did not.

And I can not stress enough the monumental, astronomical difference in power between Freeza arc/Androids arc base Goku, and Super Saiyan God Goku, or even Super Saiyan 3. It's two decades of training and three transformations; given this level of skill and speed, Goku should do a good job at parrying Superman while skillfully landing his own blows in precision weak points. Like this.

Loading Video...

Goku has done some heavy damage to characters more durable than Superman, so I see no reason to believe he can't put the man of steel down. Freeza has consistently treated planet busting damage and attacks with absolute casualness. It took an enraged fully-powered blast from Vegeta just to make him blink -- Vegeta, who had planet busting power back in the Saiyan arc -- and even then he still easily kicked it away.

He even managed to survive a Super Spirit Bomb and came away with scratches. Goku took energy from the whole planet, the sun, every living organism in the solar system, and Freeza at only 50% power took it without major problems.

An actual planet exploding on top of Freeza did literally no damage. He was already out of energy and cut in half, but his base durability withstood Namek's destruction with no additional damage.

No Caption Provided

I think he's pretty comparable to Superman. Clark can't really tank planetary level explosions without being harmed, but after turning Super Saiyan, a haymaker from Goku could make Freeza's eyes bulge out and have him barf out blood.

No Caption Provided

Bottom line; Goku has injured very durable characters before. He can injure Supes and eventually bring him down.

Wonder Woman's skill will complicate things, but it still holds true that Goku can bring her down. Vegeta too, has the strength to bring them both down if given the chance, being much stronger than Super Saiyan 1 Goku. One particular advantage he has in this though is his insane energy output. The Galick Gun, Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, etc are all some of the strongest ki blasts the series has to offer. For proof, look no further than the famous Kamehameha vs Galick Gun clash. It's true Vegeta lost, but only when Goku activated Kaio-Ken x4. At Kaio-Ken x3, Vegeta was actually winning, despite Goku's power level being far, far higher.

Loading Video...

This proves that Vegeta's ki blasts can achieve power far beyond their means. As an Ascended Super Saiyan, Vegeta quite literally blew Perfect Cell apart.

Loading Video...

If not for Cell's regeneration, the saga would have ended right there. At the time, Vegeta couldn't even injure Perfect Cell, yet his Final Flash was strong enough to destroy him. Considering EOS Vegeta is much, much stronger than Perfect Cell, it really puts his power into perspective. This is far, far beyond planet busting. Vegeta can do some serious damage to either Supes or Diana with just a casual blast, a fully charged one on the other hand would end things. The best part is, neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have any counter for this either. The blasts travel at massively FTL speeds; in an instant the Final Flash was stretching out into the universe, so their chances of dodging are iffy at best. Meanwhile, they have no way of blocking it. Heat vision can't possibly match that power, and Wonder Woman has no energy projection at all.

I believe this summarizes my thoughts, and since I'm pressed for time, I'll leave things like this. Very much looking forward to your reply.

Avatar image for super_trunks555
Super_Trunks555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DBZ for the win, but obviously it might be a biased opinion

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cerberus369616

Mark for Voting Please. Good luck guys

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Tag me for vote seem more interesting, especially with vegeta and WW here

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dk what tag for voting or mark for voting means, but the Saiyans take this with WW being a non factor.

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: well if that's the case both supes and WW stand absolutely no chance.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_trunks555: @mlunny1121: @agent41: Guys, CaV means that it is a debate between two people that agreed upon terms earlier. It's not a debate for everyone. You're supposed to come in at the end and vote for whoever presented their case better.

That's why people were asking to be tagged for voting.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyans for the win!!!

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mlunny1121

@VeganDiet: o ok

@agent41 ok Dwight. However, its useless for us to argue because I will never believe that no matter what jarbument you throw at me. Lets just agree to disagree.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what's going on here, but can I vote, too? lol

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelmaster300
marvelmaster300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and vegeta for the win

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agent41:
that is fact , some DBZ fans think that goku is the best fighter in fiction which is not true and he is surly outclassed by better , stronger fighters that fiction has.

@mlunny1121: that's the kind of thing a DBZtard would say , not cool . Facts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your pride / opinions deal with it or no one would take you seriously in a debate

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 i called myself out on this one. Usually, you can't debate it.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mlunny1121: I know just remember your opinions are not fact

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 Facts can get boring. It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, this is a CaV, not an open thread, so just calm down and let the CaV Volunteers do the debating.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, this is a CaV, not an open thread, so just calm down and let the CaV Volunteers do the debating.

I know, right? All this testosterone...

Wonder Woman's sure got ass in that pic...

It's funny because that pic is her only claim to fame. She usually got a white-girl booty!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jashro44
@blade_r said:

Saiyans for the win!!!

Read below:

@super_trunks555: @mlunny1121: @agent41: Guys, CaV means that it is a debate between two people that agreed upon terms earlier. It's not a debate for everyone. You're supposed to come in at the end and vote for whoever presented their case better.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate DBZ threads.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DianaXKal

@xlr87t3: She should, she's white, and that stereotype isn't true in the slightest. Her only claim to fame? I'm a breast guy, but she definitely has a Wonderful ass! Her "White-girl booty" is perfect. <3

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please!

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@blade_r said:

Saiyans for the win!!!

Read below:

@vegandiet said:

Yeah I know the rules. I wasn't debating. People do this in CaV debates all the time and this is the first time I have ever seen somebody have a problem with it.