CaV Gojira2014 (Xena) vs Wyldsong (Red Sonja)

• 66 results
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 owie  Moderator

I am on a snail-slow internet right now and won't be home for a few days so I haven't watched any of the Xena videos, and I'm not sure if I'd have time in any case unfortunately. This also means that while I read almost all of the Sonja scans, I couldn't read the final post's scans (I'll get to them eventually). So if you don't want to count my vote that would be totally understandable. However, based on the written debate, and the scans that I did see, I would give my vote to Wyldsong. I think his arguments were more detailed and specific and he made his points better.

Whoever the winner is, the debate was great from both sides and I totally agree with the spirit of gojira's final comment about how hopefully this debate will bring a lot of needed respect to both characters. Anyone who needs convincing about either character's abilities should get pointed to this thread.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Wow what a great read. I'm pretty knowledgeable on Xena nowhere near the extent that Goj is. Impressive. I was mostly interested in the RS side since my knowledge on her is slim. Man this is tough.

• Physically I think they are about equal. Xena is more agile but Red has the greater durability.
  • Speed should go to Red. Several feats of being too fast to keep eyes on is better than anything Xena has.
  • Skill wise I'd give an edge to Xena due to her pressure point knowledge though I found Red's blind feats to be more impressive overall.
  • Their skill with weapons also seems to be about equal.
  • Experience should go to Red because of that many lives business but it shouldn't factor in here.

All in all I can't really pick a winner. It's too close. Projectiles are useless and Red's speed counters Xena's agility. Neither is overpowering the other. These two really match up well. The only significant thing one has over the other is Xena's pressure points and I can't be sure that's enough to give her a win. Great job guys. Damn great job.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Been following this one since the first post. I just need to read the newest post, and I'll leave a vote tomorrow when I'm not half asleep. :)

I can say though, that this has been one of my all time favorite matchups I've ever seen, and I couldn't ask for two better debaters to represent the characters involved.

SickNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By SickNick

Text deleted. Sorry for misunderstanding the debate. Edge to Sonja IMO, owing to killer instinct. She doesn't grandstand as much as Xena, she goes straight for the kill usually.

SickNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Wyldsong

@pokeysteve: @owie: @jashro44: @lukehero: Thank you guys for reading, commenting, and placing a vote/opinion. I do greatly appreciate your time=)

@tparks: Hopefully we did these characters justice, and I look forwards to seeing your thoughts overall on it=)

@sicknick: No worries brother man, and I appreciate you coming back and editing the text. Hopefully you enjoyed the debate overall=)

When commenting, just watch out for the tag of CaV in the title, which will let you know it is a one on one kind of thing. Hope you enjoy your time on the vine my friend.

Overall, this has been a fun and awesome debate, and as has been said, hopefully gojira2014 and I were able to educate people on these two characters. They are characters a lot of people know of, but few people truly know what they are about and what they are capable of. It was fun showcasing these two=)

SickNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome debate. I'd seen all of the Sonja scans before but it reminded me what a tough customer she is overall ... or was before Gail Simone took over :(

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wyldsong: You get my vote, You are a better debater, and it shows.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great Debate but I will give the nod to Gojira :P

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn fine debate, good level of discourse and usage of scans all around, I give the edge (and my vote) to @wyldsong though the edge in tanking for RS is going to give her the advantage at the end of the day. Congrats to you both on a fine debate.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks@allstarsuperman: Hey guys, I am going to close the voting out sometime tomorrow, so if you get a chance, let me know what you guys thought of the debate=)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@wyldsong: Sorry, been out of town. Anyways, just finished reading this. It took me over 2 hours to get all the way through it! What an epic debate.

This has been one of my all time favorite CaV's. Both of these characters have either been unknowns or just not given the respect they deserve on this site. I think this thread will change that from now on. Hopefully there will never be another thread that says Batman stomps either of these characters again. :)

I honestly think you both deserve a victory for this thread. If I absolutely had to pick a winner, I might give a slight nod to @gojira2014 because of how he used his videos. Not only did he organize them nice with text, but he actually made the videos himself strictly for the purpose of debating. It shows only feats of Xena being a bad@ss and reminded me of how superhuman she actually is, without having to filter through the filler like I normally do when reading a debate.

That being said, wyldsong made about a gazillion scans for this debate, but none of them seemed unnecessary. All of them were used at the right times and for the right reasons. This was a great example of how using scans can improve an argument.

Hopefully we will be seeing Gojira2014 again soon, because I could read debates between these two anytime.

Awesome job guys!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wyldsong