• 50 results
Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gojira2014

The age old battle of the two top females of the TV genre dealing with monsters and gods.

No Caption Provided

Gojira2014 for Xena Warrior Princess

No Caption Provided

Funsiized for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Death or KO.

Standard Gear.

Battle here.

No Caption Provided

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: glad you like. This should be a close match.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: Please tag me when your about to start, I cant wait to see this!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tag for votes

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gojira2014

@funsiized: Well I am ready to do this, so I will start why I think Xena edges over Buffy. Let me introduce Xena first.

No Caption Provided

Xena was a simple girl turn warrior over a course of tragic events. She first started out with noble intentions of protecting her village, but became more and more brutal in scope. She was a pirate captain, a warlord, and the most feared assassin throughout the known world. Xena timeline takes place in a composite time line of Roman Crusades, Trojan War, Greek Persian Wars, met the Knights of the Round Table, and saw the Rise of Christianity. Meaning she has done it all there is to do in the ancient world due to her compressed time line. She use to be full of hate and evil but then with a run in from Hercules who she nearly killed, she turned her life around. The Hercules/Xena verse is full of the mythological beings of Norse, Egyptian, Hindu, Greek, Roman, Christianity, and Asian religions. As such Xena has fought gods and monsters from every known corner of the world, and from every known myth we have in history.

So lets go through gear.

I know Buffy well, your going no doubt for sure have your stakes, and the Slayer Scythe which is a powerful magical weapon. You may bring more, but thats all you need really for her :) Xena is not without of her own unique and deadly gear starting with her sword. Xena through her series has wielded various types of swords and styles. More testament to her knowledge of pretty much all weapons from before the Mid Evil times. She always resorts to her trusty sword skills in any fight.

No Caption Provided

In her first appearances she wielded two short swords made for fighting on horseback, then through most of her adventures wielded a unique double bladed sword, and towards the end she straight up wielded a Samurai's Katana. For this match I would argue the middle sword which she is seen using the most. If anything another testament of her skill in all weapons of the Bronze, Iron, and Steel ages of our history. Next is the whip.

No Caption Provided

Xena time and again wields her whip to tangle foes, swing on, or disarm people. Not much to say about it.

She also uses knifes for throwing or quick stabs in a surprise move. Besides that we are left with her most famous weapon in the series. The Chakram is a weapon forge by a God of War in Italy, and in the show came in two versions. The original Dark Chakram and then the reforged Balance Chakram.

No Caption Provided

The Dark Chakram was a simple circular disc that can slay gods. The Balance Chakram is a circular disc with a Yin Yang look in the middle, and capable of splitting into two parts while in flight, or hand to hand combat. Both Chakrams are thrown weapons that can ricochet off any surface, or simply boomerang around the air, and is for all intents indestructible. They both have also been used in close combat.

No Caption Provided

So how does the Chakram work?

Loading Video...

This collection of scenes shows how the Chakram works as a weapon of the gods. It can cut through steel, but also capable of bouncing off wooden trees to get to where it is needed. Its a supernatural weapon that does not follow physics at all, bouncing off surfaces 20-30 times to chase a target even, and will boomerang back to Xena every time unless she sticks it with such force into something.

Next is skill. Both Girls are extremely skillful here. I already know Buffy is more skilled than people on the Vine credit her with as Buffy is full of the experiences and skill of all the Slayers that came before her as the comic and show shows. She receives further training from the Watchers as well. I am not her to debate for her so i will leave you to put up scans for her skill level, I simply think skill is more in favor to Xena a bit by accomplishment. Thats my argument. I can post skill Xena learned and used that Buffy never showed as well accomplishments that Buffy have never consistently achieved. This will come in the next post.

Stats, another thing I am saving for the next post but will touch on here. Buffy is a girl with all the strengths of demon to match Vampires. She is super strong, fast, agile, durable, ect. Xena on the other hand is hinted at being a Demi God. a daughter of Ares. She is hinted at being empowered by Ares with powers too. She has shown Chi manipulation. Its not really flat out explain why Xena is super human in the show, only hinted through different ways. What we do know is the fact Xena is super human! I will prove all this later, but the fact is Xena strength, agility, durability, and speed all match the stats of supernatural beings that far outclass typical humans. Buffy may be a tad stronger by feats, but Xena is tad more agile by feats. Both are equals in durability, and speed. So we will hash this out later.

Till then I leave you with this.

Typical day for Xena.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@funsiized: @gojira2014:
Tag for votes. Very impressive video of the Chakram. These are two of my favorite female characters, each very underrated on Comic Vine.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gojira2014

@lukehero said:

@funsiized: @gojira2014:

Tag for votes. Very impressive video of the Chakram. These are two of my favorite female characters, each very underrated on Comic Vine.

Of course, and yes, both are very underrated on this site for some reason from what i seen.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dontevenblink

Buffy has amazing speed and strength feats as does Xena. It's a good fight for both of them i think, but Xena probably wins this with a slight majority. don't get me wrong, i'm a total Buffy fan, and i like her much better than Xena personally, but @gojira2014: has some excellent points here.

as usual, the "ends in sex" scenario is the safest for everyone. :P

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Buffy has amazing speed and strength feats as does Xena. It's a good fight for both of them i think, but Xena probably wins this with a slight majority. don't get me wrong, i'm a total Buffy fan, and i like her much better than Xena personally, but @gojira2014: has some excellent points here.

as usual, the "ends in sex" scenario is the safest for everyone. :P

No Caption Provided

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funsiized

@gojira2014: Ohh, nice opener learned a lot, but I never really watched Xena, so if I make some assumptions that are incorrect, please let me know and since you were so kind as to break things down...

Buffy

Seriously, who does not know of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? It was a 7 season running show that was a hit. It also made for good comics during, and now after the show. Buffy is a slayer. That is a human being born with inert powers of a ancient lineage of super human, mystically empowered, and highly skilled bad@$$ chicks who are chosen to battle the worst evils in the world. Mostly there are used to take out the Vampire trash as well lol. Buffy powers include amped stats in all areas, and she is trained by the Watchers to be the best fighter in the world to battle what she must. Unlike most Slayers either who come and go, Buffy was proven very unique in many ways, including her inert skill. She has proven many times to be one of the top skilled beings in her Universe and is feared across the supernatural dimensions for the Slayer reputation.

Gear

As you mentioned she rarely has much, if anything, and really it's all she needs. She has her Slayer scythe, which i have no doubt is the most powerful weapon here, yes even with Xenas Chakrams on the field, given the fact that it has rewritten reality once or twice. She has her trusty stakes, and finally, she has her Stake Gun! yes, it's a gun that shoots stakes.

No Caption Provided

Skill

Next is skill. Both Girls are extremely skillful here. I already know Buffy is more skilled than people on the Vine credit her with as Buffy is full of the experiences and skill of all the Slayers that came before her as the comic and show shows. She receives further training from the Watchers as well. I am not her to debate for her so i will leave you to put up scans for her skill level, I simply think skill is more in favor to Xena a bit by accomplishment. Thats my argument. I can post skill Xena learned and used that Buffy never showed as well accomplishments that Buffy have never consistently achieved. This will come in the next post.

Yes, as you mentioned, Buffy does indeed have the Skill, and Strength, and knowledge of all of the past Slayers at her disposal. but it's a tad bit more than that. The training from the watchers can only go so far. Buffy is not skilled because shes a slayer, shes skilled because shes Buffy.(as if that makes any sense) What I mean by that is even against other slayers, that by your Narrow definition of skill should be just as agile, strong and skilled as Buffy, simply are not. even with similar training. similar strength, etc. For example

No Caption Provided

Those are all slayers, with the same memories, strength, speed skill, etc.

No Caption Provided

Even another slayer, Satsu, Admits Buffy is faster than her.

I could go on, and on, but I think my point is clear.

You think Xena is more skilled by accomplishment? I'll call that. The fact of the matter is, Xena is skilled, Yes, but she can't be more skilled by pure accomplishment simply because there are things Buffy can do that Xena is completely incapable of achieving, simply due to time Era differences.

i.g-hows Xenas track record with bullets?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

That was against an Enhanced Agent amped to slayer levels BTW, making that even more impressive.

Oh wait, she doesn't have one. My point? Yes, Xena is great at what she does, amazing even. But your argument of things Xena has done that which Buffy has not is broken because I can say the exact same things about Xena not being even capable of doing things Buffy has done. but you may be able to pull some things out of thin air, so I guess i will have to see what these accomplishments are and respond in kind.

Stats, another thing I am saving for the next post but will touch on here. Buffy is a girl with all the strengths of demon to match Vampires. She is super strong, fast, agile, durable, ect. Xena on the other hand is hinted at being a Demi God. a daughter of Ares. She is hinted at being empowered by Ares with powers too. She has shown Chi manipulation. Its not really flat out explain why Xena is super human in the show, only hinted through different ways. What we do know is the fact Xena is super human! I will prove all this later, but the fact is Xena strength, agility, durability, and speed all match the stats of supernatural beings that far outclass typical humans. Buffy may be a tad stronger by feats, but Xena is tad more agile by feats. Both are equals in durability, and speed. So we will hash this out later.

Well, i'll have to see your feats that you speak of, but forgive me if I seem skeptical. You are, after all, going against a girl who can

rend steel with her bare hands,

No Caption Provided

Lift giant steel Girders

No Caption Provided

Among other things, and has the durability to combat a super powered being, Tank grenades, Attacks from Glory, etc. So, are they equal? highly arguable. But again, i don't know much about Xena... Speed I touched on earlier.

and if your gonna leave a parting gift, i don't wanna seem rude...

All in all, Xena is great, but not much of a threat, so, time to play the waiting game.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gojira2014

@funsiized: Very good. I will now wow you with glittering gifts of Xena's awesomeness.

As you mentioned she rarely has much, if anything, and really it's all she needs. She has her Slayer scythe, which i have no doubt is the most powerful weapon here, yes even with Xenas Chakrams on the field, given the fact that it has rewritten reality once or twice. She has her trusty stakes, and finally, she has her Stake Gun! yes, it's a gun that shoots stakes.

I think the Slayer Scythe is a powerful weapon, but alot of the re written reality was with Willows help, the most powerful witch ever :P. I believe the Chakram compares as one of the most powerful weapons of the gods, to slay gods.

You think Xena is more skilled by accomplishment? I'll call that. The fact of the matter is, Xena is skilled, Yes, but she can't be more skilled by pure accomplishment simply because there are things Buffy can do that Xena is completely incapable of achieving, simply due to time Era differences.

Alright, I will break down why I think Xena is more skilled. Her training and experience is well documented in the show, and she shows skill I rarely see Buffy have in a few ways.

1) Weapon Martial Arts. I already showed the sword example. Xena in the show and comics shows skills with every known weapon in the Known world back in the day. Staff, Spear, Axe, Halberd, Mace, Flail, Whip, Bows, Crossbows, Chakrams, Swords, Slings, Knives, and many more weapons. Add to this she has wielded variations of said weapons like the Sword example above. Knowing how to use a Sword is not enough when the fighting style of Dual Short Swords, Long Swords, Sabers, Katanas, ect are all very different in style and use. Each type of Sword, Spear, Axe, ext is a separate style. Yet xena has shown mastery with all these weapons over soldiers train in the same weapons all across the world (Russia, China, Europe, Africa, India, Egypt, Greece, japan, Rome, ect) showing over a easy 20+ fighting styles with weapons alone. I say 20 as that is what I can remember her using in shows and comics just for weapons martial arts.

2) Hand to Hand fighting. Xena has shown hand to hand fighting equal to various warriors from across the world. More over she has shown mastery over Pressure Points all over the body. Able to kill via Pressure points alone.

Loading Video...

In this video we see her learning, and mastering the skill to such a degree where she uses this skill alone to fight and beat Sinteres himself. A known master of the pressure point fighting style in the known world.

3) Chi Manipulation. much like Iron Fist himself, Xena learn the basics (and later mastered it when it mattered) of Chi and how to use it.

Loading Video...

This video shows her time in learning this art of chi. She even masters it in her final fight with the Green Dragon after not practicing it for years. However she gave up the awesome power of Chi use by choosing to murder instead remain in harmony. The point is she learned and mastered in a short time what most people in Asia could never accomplish!

4) Blind Fighting. Buffy has been trained and taught to fight with her eyes covered, however xena learn to fight Blind in the middle of combat! She is just so naturally skilled.

Loading Video...

Once blinded she more than holds her own against groups of soldiers, as well able to still catch her Chakram!

So in terms of skill, Xena is more documented and shown more skill with various weapons than Buffy has wielded honestly. She has learned Chi and Pressure Points as well which Buffy cannot claim the same at all. There is really nothing skill wise Buffy can do that Xena has not done in her 6 seasons.

No Caption Provided

Gabriel is a top tier fighter below Xena, and fought her own small armies of men as well gods. When she says this, its not hyperbole.

Now as to why I think she is more accomplished? Xena with no prep or friends to help her have beaten Gods of the Hercules/Xena verse that are easily comparable to Glory in stats. Only the Gods have Teleporting, Fire Balls, Lightning, Telekinesis, and various magical curses. Yet Xena unlike Buffy has taken these gods down in random fights time and again.

No Caption Provided

After Xena is resurrected again, she takes down Ares in a sword fight with just a few moves.

Im sure I will show more examples of her skill fighting super beings and winning consistently in the next post with your counter. Not to down Buffy, but she has had trouble fighting a army of Mid Evil Knights of the Byzantine from the episode Spiral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1PqEtR3uk

Seriously these guys gave her trouble. They pursued and cornered the whole Scooby Gang at a gas station. Yet Xena has fought armies of higher caliber, and numbers with no friends, and won.

Loading Video...

Xena takes on the entire Persian Armies cavalry by herself while saving Gabriel from a poison.

Loading Video...

Xena alone take down a huge chunk of this Samurai army even though gravely injured before dying.

I have more examples I can bring up, but will save them later as this nitpicking will be the core of our debate.

i.g-hows Xenas track record with bullets?

Oh wait, she doesn't have one. My point? Yes, Xena is great at what she does, amazing even. But your argument of things Xena has done that which Buffy has not is broken because I can say the exact same things about Xena not being even capable of doing things Buffy has done. but you may be able to pull some things out of thin air, so I guess i will have to see what these accomplishments are and respond in kind.

True, Xena has never encountered Bullets. Well technically that's not true, as she has in one episode fought Ares post World War 1, then again when Xena was in a funky episode that took place in 1990s. However lets not use those two examples. However to be fair, Buffy is not really faster than bullet anymore than aim dodging like Captain America. if we really want to see who is more impressive, them let me bring up the next point of stats. Since Xena has reacted, and moved after lighting has been fired at her a few times from gods.

Well, i'll have to see your feats that you speak of, but forgive me if I seem skeptical. You are, after all, going against a girl who can

rend steel with her bare hands,

Lift giant steel Girders

Among other things, and has the durability to combat a super powered being, Tank grenades, Attacks from Glory, etc. So, are they equal? highly arguable. But again, i don't know much about Xena... Speed I touched on earlier.

Ok lets talk stats! Xena stats are every bit as impressive as Buffy. As this video will highlight.

Loading Video...

• Defy Physics/Agility: Able to defy physics by running or flipping on vertical surfaces, jumps or flips against gravity, super human agility on par with Spider Man, or the awesome Liu Kang bicycle kicks.
  • Super Strength: Breaking steel chains with little trouble, kicking down reinforced doors, and able to jump hundreds of feet with no problem.
  • Pain Tolerance: Xena has taken hits from giants that sent her flying many yards and into trees and was still conscious. She has taken damage from various arrows in the body, yet still fights and kills most of the Samurai army.
  • Speed Reaction and Movement: She has clear cut super human speed when she is able to catch arrows from compact bows (they had those in her series, lol) with her hands and teeth without looking. Able to counter a blitzing supernatural being with clear super speed moving so fast as to be a barely seen blur. As well reaction time to dodge lightning after it been fired at her or others a few times!

In short she is clearly meta human in abilities and stats. This is only but a fraction of all her super human showings in the show too.

As shown Xena may not bend steel, but she is clearly super strength herself. She also has major durability showings (no video of yet) to tank a hit from a tree trunk as big and round as a person that was on a rope, swinging into her full force, and sent her flying head first into another tree! She only suffered a cut on her head, and stayed conscious after it as well. She did die due to brain swelling later, but she chose to die after three days with said brain swelling. Then was resurrected anyway lol. Then added to this is speed to dodge lightning after it was fired as the scenes clearly show. is she faster than Lightning? No, that be stupid, but she is consistently reaction time up there with comics best bullet dodgers. Thats for sure.

Another good example of Durability and Skill is her fight with a tribal alien (pretty much Predator) trying to kill her.

This alien has explosive energy balls, and plasma like hand weapons. Xena even fights this being with broken ribs, and survives a massive explosion of colliding power in the end easy.

In the end I fully expect Xena to edge the win due to her gear, skill, and stats.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: I would love to reply, but I can not watch your videos.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gojira2014

@funsiized: Thats strange, my phone and wifes computer shows them fine. Do the videos state you have to watch them on youtube? if so then you click youtube on the bottom of the vids. If that fails I posted the web adress (my links are bugged right now) so you can copy and paste it in the web bar to go to the page.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Yah, what country are you in? I'm in America. I could only see one of your videos: A friend in need. The rest said; "Not available in your country." You're going to have to either find new videos or download those videos and reupload them to a separate account.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gojira2014

@lukehero said:

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Yah, what country are you in? I'm in America. I could only see one of your videos: A friend in need. The rest said; "Not available in your country." You're going to have to either find new videos or download those videos and reupload them to a separate account.

Im in america, and they work fine on my wifes computer who is sign in on youtube in another account as well my mobile phone thats not sign in at all. Weird.

Also weird you cannot see Xena Super Chakram Throw as that is a random Youtube video I found too :?

@funsiized: @lukehero: Update, i went on Firefox to see if the Videos worked, and they do not at all on Firefox, but work fine on Google Chrome (which is what both me and the wife use) as well my Iphone's Safari. Something to do with the browsers one uses.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mickey-mouse

@gojira2014: No, I saw super throw. It's the 2nd group of videos we are talking about. I'm using google chrome on my computer, I'll switch to my iPad and see if I can see them.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@gojira2014: No, I saw super throw. It's the 2nd group of videos we are talking about. I'm using google chrome on my computer, I'll switch to my iPad and see if I can see them.

Yeah cause My wife who has her own youtube account can see them fine as well both our Iphones. Weird and annoying.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Yah, I used my iPad and I still can't see the 2nd group of videos outside of a friend in need.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gojira2014

@lukehero said:

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Yah, I used my iPad and I still can't see the 2nd group of videos outside of a friend in need.

I do not understand at all then. Why should my PC, wife computer, her iphone, and my iphone see them fine yet others cant?

I know when i use Firefox too it says the whole country thing which is weird.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: Is that your YouTube account that it was loaded up on? I don't know, you're gonna need to tag someone a possible third person and see if they can see the videos. Then we can see if it's us or if it's the videos. Are all of your google accounts synced for your web browser to recognize them?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: I guess we cannot have this debate due to me having no videos to pull from. I have no clue why some people can see it fine and others cannot.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@gojira2014: Is that your YouTube account that it was loaded up on? I don't know, you're gonna need to tag someone a possible third person and see if they can see the videos. Then we can see if it's us or if it's the videos. Are all of your google accounts synced for your web browser to recognize them?

Big words there lol. I had a friend upload them for me since he has a video capture program (Camtasai Studios). He load them up to my Youtube from the program itself. So I have no clue if synced to web browser or not *shrugs*

Still make no sense for my wifes Computer, and both our iphones having no issues though.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: You could still have the debate, you would just have to get the videos from somewhere else or download them then re upload them somewhere else or use a different set of material.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: @lukehero: Were still on, I just need a day or so to re record and upload them, I found out where I went wrong.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: I can watch the videos fine, and im in Australia

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gojira2014

@klaus said:

@gojira2014: I can watch the videos fine, and im in Australia

I knew it was not just me lol.

Thanks for letting me know.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is great

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@gojira2014@funsiized: Mainly due to the fact that you guys are using characters that aren't Marvel or DC, please tag me for votes when you guys are done. Looks good so far.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taga taga!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Videos look good, y'all both still have a lot to cover, even though this has already covered a lot lol. This should continue to be a very good match. Xena has 6 seasons, I think someone said something about 5?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@funsiized: @gojira2014: Videos look good, y'all both still have a lot to cover, even though this has already covered a lot lol. This should continue to be a very good match. Xena has 6 seasons, I think someone said something about 5?

My mistake, Angel had 5 seasons lol. Thinking Buffy, and got confused.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Funsiized

@gojira2014:

I think the Slayer Scythe is a powerful weapon, but alot of the re written reality was with Willows help, the most powerful witch ever :P. I believe the Chakram compares as one of the most powerful weapons of the gods, to slay gods.

Well, the second time most definitely was not with willows help, not that the first ever really was, Willow just channeled the power of the scythe, didn't really add on her own power, so bringing her up is pointless. And the second time consisted of her simply smashing the center of all magic on earth, no big deal. This "Destroyed" the scythe but I retain my point.

1) Weapon Martial Arts. I already showed the sword example. Xena in the show and comics shows skills with every known weapon in the Known world back in the day. Staff, Spear, Axe, Halberd, Mace, Flail, Whip, Bows, Crossbows, Chakrams, Swords, Slings, Knives, and many more weapons. Add to this she has wielded variations of said weapons like the Sword example above. Knowing how to use a Sword is not enough when the fighting style of Dual Short Swords, Long Swords, Sabers, Katanas, ect are all very different in style and use. Each type of Sword, Spear, Axe, ext is a separate style. Yet xena has shown mastery with all these weapons over soldiers train in the same weapons all across the world (Russia, China, Europe, Africa, India, Egypt, Greece, japan, Rome, ect) showing over a easy 20+ fighting styles with weapons alone. I say 20 as that is what I can remember her using in shows and comics just for weapons martial arts.

Well then you must not have the best memory, Buffy has been seen fighting with nearly every medieval weapon you can think of, and then some. She also has the advantage of all of the other slayers( as we have mentioned) who no doubt experienced those weapons as well. Buffy has also been shown to utilize the environment itself as a weapon. I'm pretty sure I remember her killing a horde of vampires with a broken pitchfork once and another with a ceiling fan.

2) Hand to Hand fighting. xena has shown hand to hand fighting equal to various warriors from across the world. More over she has shown mastery over Pressure Points all over the body. Able to kill via Pressure points alone.

In this video we see her learning, and mastering the skill to such a degree where she uses this skill alone to fight and beat Sinteres himself. A known master of the pressure point fighting style in the known world.

Pressure points are scary, so i bring forth the fact that Buffy Was capable of fighting a person much on her skill level, and winning quite handily.

4) Blind Fighting. Buffy has been trained and taught to fight with her eyes covered, however xena learn to fight Blind in the middle of combat! She is just so naturally skilled.

Once blinded she more than holds her own against groups of soldiers, as well able to still catch her Chakram!

The result is the same no? To demonstrate Natural combat skill, a better example would be, them with No combat skill....actually demonstrating spontaneous skill. Such was suddenly being able to catch a thrown knife with no prior warning...

No Caption Provided

While learning to fight blind in the middle of combat is good, I reason that knowing how to fight blind BEFORE the fight is even BETTER.

No Caption Provided

So in terms of skill, Xena is more documented and shown more skill with various weapons than Buffy has wielded honestly. She has learned Chi and Pressure Points as well which Buffy cannot claim the same at all. There is really nothing skill wise Buffy can do that Xena has not done in her 6 seasons.

And also thing which we have no meaning to believe Buffy could not replicate, if not easier in the same situation. Hell, even in "Tabula Rasa" Buffy lost her memory was was still able to fight a horde of Vampires almost effortlessly.

Now as to why I think she is more accomplished? Xena with no prep or friends to help her have beaten Gods of the Hercules/Xena verse that are easily comparable to Glory in stats. Only the Gods have Teleporting, Fire Balls, Lightning, Telekinesis, and various magical curses. Yet Xena unlike Buffy has taken these gods down in random fights time and again.

Uhh, Glory had big time Magic, Illyana was a low level reality warper(granted, she wan't really a Buffy villain), The Master was well...The Master. I would pit any of those against your gods any day. They have great shown strength feats, but that is not the point I made. The point is Buffy has a greater number of direct shown strength feats, to my knowledge, which by contrast puts her enemies that match said strength on a higher level. Buffy's "prep" is never much more than a pep talk and typically fails in the end, with Buffy beating the opponent regardless of the situation.

Im sure I will show more examples of her skill fighting super beings and winning consistently in the next post with your counter. Not to down Buffy, but she has had trouble fighting a army of Mid Evil Knights of the Byzantine from the episode Spiral.

Seriously these guys gave her trouble. They pursued and cornered the whole Scooby Gang at a gas station. Yet Xena has fought armies of higher caliber, and numbers with no friends, and won.

I ask that you NOT lowball with things that are clearly PIS please. That episode held no merit when compared to the fact that Buffy has already caught a Crossbow bolt at close range(around 20 ft IIRC) casually blitzes vampires with Blur speed already, Has shown skill far surpassing that of any mortal man, Strength speed, etc. The fact that you even mentioned that....

Might as well bring up Black Panther Armbars while you are at it.

Xena takes on the entire Persian Armies cavalry by herself while saving Gabriel from a poison.

Xena alone take down a huge chunk of this Samurai army even though gravely injured before dying.

how about an actual Army?

With just one other Slayer at her side( a weaker one mind you) she and her dodged fire from multiple automatic machine guns, Organized combat troops,etc. Pretty sure that trumps anything in this line of fire you can bring forth...

True, Xena has never encountered Bullets. Well technically that's not true, as she has in one episode fought Ares post World War 1, then again when Xena was in a funky episode that took place in 1990s. However lets not use those two examples. However to be fair, Buffy is not really faster than bullet anymore than aim dodging like Captain America.

Err, I strongly disagree. For one, Captain america does not Aim dodge, he actually sees bullets moving in slow motion.

No Caption Provided

Second of all, Aim dodging reaches a limit, I.E one can not aim dodge when surrounded and in a compromising position(I.g in the air) as not seeing the barrel forbids you to predict the path, and YET, i have shown Buffy doing both.

You fail to see the difference between reaction speed and strait up physical speed.

Also, not faster than bullets? HOW WRONG COULD YOU BE?!? OMG YOU KNOW NOTHING /s

if we really want to see who is more impressive, them let me bring up the next point of stats. Since Xena has reacted, and moved after lighting has been fired at her a few times from gods.

See, that, my friend is Aim dodging. As I highly doubt Xena is strait up Mach...352(?) and then there is the time old argument of magic Lightning is not actually Lightning etc etc. but I'm sure you already know this.

Agility

• Defy Physics/Agility: Able to defy physics by running or flipping on vertical surfaces, jumps or flips against gravity, super human agility on par with Spider Man, or the awesome Liu Kang bicycle kicks.

I counter with the ability to dance around a large demon

No Caption Provided

and Dodge Various tentacle appendages while carrying on witty banter!

No Caption Provided

Strength

• Super Strength: Breaking steel chains with little trouble, kicking down reinforced doors, and able to jump hundreds of feet with no problem.

They actually used Iron more often than not back then, and most likely did for those chains,

also, for the Reinforced Door thing. I'd like to reference when Buffy Smashed a stone wall

No Caption Provided

And I'm pretty sure i already mentioned the fact that Vampires casually bend steel doors? if not here's spike doing it.

No Caption Provided

And I don't think i need to bring up how Buffy is stronger than Spike. As for leg strength, uhhh how about smashing stone?

No Caption Provided

Pain Tolerance/Durability

• Pain Tolerance: Xena has taken hits from giants that sent her flying many yards and into trees and was still conscious. She has taken damage from various arrows in the body, yet still fights and kills most of the Samurai army.

And Buffy has been hit hard enough to competently crack through trees and is just peeved really

No Caption Provided

For more counters, I reference episodes.

(Season 5, episode 5)

Glory punches Buffy, she flies through the air (15ish feet), smashes her back into a concrete wall, leaving a big dent and crack. It happens again only the next time Buffy crashes face first. Glory continues to beat her. She's super strong (much stronger than Buffy), her punches ease through concrete. Glory whips her 20ish feet through the air.

Buffy's only injury appears to be a small cut on her forehead, probably from the glass. She is not even out of breath.

(Season 3, episode 1)

Buffy pushing a man out of harms way, gets hit by a car traveling 50 kmish. She is completely unharmed and proceeds to run away.

(Season 4, episode 8)

Buffy is unharmed when she gets shot by an arrow in her forearm. Pulls is out and fights.

Now don't even make me bring The Twilight fight into this...

Speed/Reactions

• Speed Reaction and Movement: She has clear cut super human speed when she is able to catch arrows from compact bows (they had those in her series, lol) with her hands and teeth without looking. Able to counter a blitzing supernatural being with clear super speed moving so fast as to be a barely seen blur. As well reaction time to dodge lightning after it been fired at her or others a few times!

I referenced Buffy catching Bolts from a crossbow already, from around 20ish ft. Angel has reacted to a crossbow bolt from 15ish ft fired from behind him and reacted casually. And then there's the bullets...

Almost all vampires have shown the capability to move at Blur speeds, most of which Angel and Spike, both vampires Buffy has fought and defeated and she typically blitzes them matter of fact.

No Caption Provided

Lightning is neat.

As shown Xena may not bend steel, but she is clearly super strength herself. She also has major durability showings (no video of yet) to tank a hit from a tree trunk as big and round as a person that was on a rope, swinging into her full force, and sent her flying head first into another tree! She only suffered a cut on her head, and stayed conscious after it as well. She did die due to brain swelling later, but she chose to die after three days with said brain swelling. Then was resurrected anyway lol. Then added to this is speed to dodge lightning after it was fired as the scenes clearly show. is she faster than Lightning? No, that be stupid, but she is consistently reaction time up there with comics best bullet dodgers. Thats for sure.

I agree, at the same time that I assert that Buffy is that and more. Buffy routinely gets hit with concrete smashing hits, Tree trunk busting attacks, things that makes Xenas tree smashing feats paisley in comparison, Buffy has clearly so far demonstrated Much better strength feats, things that put Xenas so far feats to shame, and her Agility and speed is equal Xenas and surpasses her in consistency.

And since we are continuing the Cool little nugget at the end trend-

Here is Buffys fight with a Demon capable of Lifting Cars over it's head, and even After she was injured after fight her Own little evil clone, she still handily defeats it.

You argue for Xena taking the cake in all of the categories, I argue for her taking the cake in only one category, Weapons, and this is due to her variety, not even her direct skill with said weapons.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gojira2014

@funsiized:

Well, the second time most definitely was not with willows help, not that the first ever really was, Willow just channeled the power of the scythe, didn't really add on her own power, so bringing her up is pointless. And the second time consisted of her simply smashing the center of all magic on earth, no big deal. This "Destroyed" the scythe but I retain my point.

The fact is the Weapon is nothing more than a Indestructible object. its not powerful enough to cut through average dense materials, its not projecting blasts, its simply a unbreakable artifact.

The Chakram is in the same boat. Pretty much unbreakable, cuts through steel and a foot of stone with ease. It can attack in multiple directions while always making its way back to Xena. It can also split into two pieces for double the attack angles.

Well then you must not have the best memory, Buffy has been seen fighting with nearly every medieval weapon you can think of, and then some. She also has the advantage of all of the other slayers( as we have mentioned) who no doubt experienced those weapons as well. Buffy has also been shown to utilize the environment itself as a weapon. I'm pretty sure I remember her killing a horde of vampires with a broken pitchfork once and another with a ceiling fan.

Thats all good, but again, I seen Buffy fight with swords, axes, cross bows, staffs, pitchforks, what have you. I still do not remember Buffy wielding as many variants of said Weapons as Xena has. Nor do I remember Buffy having any quote how she is a master in all weapons and forms of combat. So I will leave that at that.

Pressure points are scary, so i bring forth the fact that Buffy Was capable of fighting a person much on her skill level, and winning quite handily.

Faith is not really on Buffy Skill level IMO. Faith lost twice in fights vs Angel/Angelous. Faith also lost to Buffy in a short fight. More over Faith has less actual Watcher training than Buffy for fact. Faith really is lower class to Buffy.

Also Faith has no knowledge of killing blows from Pressure Points :)

The result is the same no? To demonstrate Natural combat skill, a better example would be, them with No combat skill....actually demonstrating spontaneous skill. Such was suddenly being able to catch a thrown knife with no prior warning...

While learning to fight blind in the middle of combat is good, I reason that knowing how to fight blind BEFORE the fight is even BETTER.

I agree with that on the level practice makes perfect, but buffy skill showing to Blind Fighting is far inferior to what Xena showed. Catching the Chakram blinded? Thats insane.

And also thing which we have no meaning to believe Buffy could not replicate, if not easier in the same situation. Hell, even in"Tabula Rasa" Buffy lost her memory was was still able to fight a horde of Vampires almost effortlessly.

Yes, Buffy has tons of Inate skill as per being a Slayer. Its stated and shown alot in Buffy and Angel series. still does not change the fact xena has stated, shown, and variant levels of skill Buffy has never been able to do.

Uhh, Glory had big time Magic, Illyana was a low level reality warper(granted, she wan't really a Buffy villain), The Master was well...The Master. I would pit any of those against your gods any day. They have great shown strength feats, but that is not the point I made. The point is Buffy has a greater number of direct shown strength feats, to my knowledge, which by contrast puts her enemies that match said strength on a higher level. Buffy's "prep" is never much more than a pep talk and typically fails in the end, with Buffy beating the opponent regardless of the situation.

Really? Lets compare gods then.

Loading Video...

Callisto feats. Super Strength and Durability to shrug off over a ton of stone pieces that fell on her. Fire Ball blows out multiple feat of stone. Teleportation.

Hope in this can mind control people, and TK near a ton of steel weapons at Xena.

Loading Video...

Velasca has lightning that can crack a 5 foot in radius rock in half. Create a tornadoe vortex. Magically mortar a landscape. Immortality. Teleportation. Super senses. Durable enough to withstand lava along with Callisto ^ as Callisto is pretty above.

These are GODS! Glory was a chump, and Xena with no real prep beaten them all on the fly. The only time the gods get the better of Xena is whenever they curse her. (Furies driven her insane, Morpheus plagued her with nightmares, Hades switched her body with Callisto, Cupid struck her with love, Aphrodite cursed her with obsession, ect)

Loading Video...

Her Xena is insane by the Furies curse, yet she still competes and beats Ares in a straight fight of superiority.

Point is the Xena/Hercules gods are far superior to beings like Jasmine, Glory, or the Master.

Illyana was a low level reality warper

Actually its Illyria and she is a hax time demon that no one could beat. :)

I ask that you NOT lowball with things that are clearly PIS please. That episode held no merit when compared to the fact that Buffy has already caught a Crossbow bolt at close range(around 20 ft IIRC) casually blitzes vampires with Blur speed already, Has shown skill far surpassing that of any mortal man, Strength speed, etc. The fact that you even mentioned that....

Might as well bring up Black Panther Armbars while you are at it.

Your right, that was a low blow on my part!

how about an actual Army?

With just one other Slayer at her side( a weaker one mind you) she and her dodged fire from multiple automatic machine guns, Organized combat troops,etc. Pretty sure that trumps anything in this line of fire you can bring forth...

She still had help :P

Err, I strongly disagree. For one, Captain america does not Aim dodge, he actually sees bullets moving in slow motion.

Second of all, Aim dodging reaches a limit, I.E one can not aim dodge when surrounded and in a compromising position(I.g in the air) as not seeing the barrel forbids you to predict the path, and YET, i have shown Buffy doing both.

You fail to see the difference between reaction speed and strait up physical speed.

Buffy seems to be seeing the bullets every time she doges. In my video on stats above has Xena catching compact bow arrows (roughly 350-400 fps) without looking at the arrows. She also reacts to lightning by Velasca and Callisto after it is fire at her. Also both of them gods have great accuracy feats before becoming gods.

Also i know captain America is not faster than bullets. Reaction time and combat speed are two separate things.

Also, not faster than bullets? HOW WRONG COULD YOU BE?!? OMG YOU KNOW NOTHING /s

Oh no..... oh no! You used a out of context scan my friend! That was Buffy when she had Super Buffy powers. Unless you meant it as a joke? :)

See, that, my friend is Aim dodging. As I highly doubt Xena is strait up Mach...352(?) and then there is the time old argument of magic Lightning is not actually Lightning etc etc. but I'm sure you already know this.

The Lightning whether mach 352 or mach 1 is irregardless as the lightning is instant in frame rates, and I highly doubt electricity of any kind (magic or not) is slower than the slowest speed of electricity energy.

I will not say Xena is mach 352 at all, but I suggest it prove Xena is a casual bullet dodger like Captain America, Batman, or Daredevil in stats since she has dodged electricity attacks several times after they are fired at her.

Agility

I counter with the ability to dance around a large demon

and Dodge Various tentacle appendages while carrying on witty banter!

Its decent, but nothing about that compares to this feat of Agility and skill.

Loading Video...

Thats skill on a whole another impossible level. She simply defies gravity and physics with her feats in the Video I posted earlier as well.

They actually used Iron more often than not back then, and most likely did for those chains,

also, for the Reinforced Door thing. I'd like to reference when Buffy Smashed a stone wall

Actually this is not true. You forget what I stated earlier in the first post. Xena does not live in a historical accurate time period. She has traveled to event in time from way before Christ, to way after Christ in the mid evil days. Her enemies use Compact bows made of complicated pulley systems! This did not exist until current times!

Also iron is really strong in itself, this is the material used to make Skycrapers that still stand today before Steel was used.

And I'm pretty sure i already mentioned the fact that Vampires casually bend steel doors? if not here's spike doing it.

And I don't think i need to bring up how Buffy is stronger than Spike. As for leg strength, uhhh how about smashing stone?

I do not think Buffy I stronger than Spike at all imo. More skilled, sure, but she has never overpowered him him a clear pushing or arm locked match. Spike also killed two slayers before her, doubt he was weaker than a Slayer is to do that.

I can again state Buffy is slightly stronger over all in feats, but no way she can over powered Xena who fought and overwhelmed Hercules himself.

Loading Video...

how strong is Hercules? He has caught catapult rock in the air and thrown them back. knocked down stone building with his pushes. KOed 30 foot giants with a hit. I do not have feats on hand, but this one.

Catching and holding 20-30 tons of fallen rock? Buffy is not overpowering Xena anymore than the Gods (I showed above they can bust loose tons of ruble) or Herc here had.

Durability

And Buffy has been hit hard enough to competently crack through trees and is just peeved really

For more counters, I reference episodes.

(Season 5, episode 5)

Glory punches Buffy, she flies through the air (15ish feet), smashes her back into a concrete wall, leaving a big dent and crack. It happens again only the next time Buffy crashes face first. Glory continues to beat her. She's super strong (much stronger than Buffy), her punches ease through concrete. Glory whips her 20ish feet through the air.

Buffy's only injury appears to be a small cut on her forehead, probably from the glass. She is not even out of breath.

(Season 3, episode 1)

Buffy pushing a man out of harms way, gets hit by a car traveling 50 kmish. She is completely unharmed and proceeds to run away.

(Season 4, episode 8)

Buffy is unharmed when she gets shot by an arrow in her forearm. Pulls is out and fights.

While Buffy is durable vs Blunt damage, there is no evidence she will shrug off Pressure Point attacks or the edge of Xena's blades. Which is all that matters here.

Now don't even make me bring The Twilight fight into this...

You cant really bring it in cause without her amp, she was beaten and rag dolled soundly :)

Speed/Reactions

I referenced Buffy catching Bolts from a crossbow already, from around 20ish ft. Angel has reacted to a crossbow bolt from 15ish ft fired from behind him and reacted casually. And then there's the bullets...

Almost all vampires have shown the capability to move at Blur speeds, most of which Angel and Spike, both vampires Buffy has fought and defeated and she typically blitzes them matter of fact.

Lightning is neat.

I touched on this above with the bullet comments.

I agree, at the same time that I assert that Buffy is that and more. Buffy routinely gets hit with concrete smashing hits, Tree trunk busting attacks, things that makes Xenas tree smashing feats paisley in comparison, Buffy has clearly so far demonstrated Much better strength feats, things that put Xenas so far feats to shame, and her Agility and speed is equal Xenas and surpasses her in consistency.

I agree with some points and disagree with other.

• Strength is in Buffy corner, but its really only a slight edge as xena has fought that strength many times and not be overpowered. Xena strength itself is near Buffy overall.
  • Durability, Buffy get the edge in blunt damage, but this battle is not about Blunt Damage, and Xena has Pressure Points to her advantage which she uses in every other episode in a fight. Add to that I doubt buffy will take xena out with a connected physical blow.
  • Agility? No contest Xena. nothing Buffy showed is defying physics or as impressive.
  • Speed is nearly equal as well.

So what does this debate hinge on? Gear, Skill, and Morals. Which is all in Xena's corner. Xena has the tools to win and the mindset to kill. Buffy kills too, but she ALWAYS held back on humans in general. She was so appalled with taking a life of a human that when she did it nearly broke her mentally. Add in the versatile magical Chakram, and pokey stabby weapons Xena is using leads me to the conclusion of Xena winning.

And since we are continuing the Cool little nugget at the end trend-

Here is Buffys fight with a Demon capable of Lifting Cars over it's head, and even After she was injured after fight her Own little evil clone, she still handily defeats it.

You argue for Xena taking the cake in all of the categories, I argue for her taking the cake in only one category, Weapons, and this is due to her variety, not even her direct skill with said weapons.

We will make the nugget post a trend!

Xena takes down the greatest super human warrior in all of Greece with a few moves.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers