CaV: Firestorm (TNBB) vs. Dr Light (Speedster101)

• 52 results
Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Characters

• Firestorm: Represented by TheNewBlueBeetle007
  • Dr. Light: Represented by @speedster101

Stipulations

• Firestorm is the Ronnie Raymond / Jason Rusch version, with all the feats from the partners Gehenna, Martin Stein, Lorraine Reilly, and all fodder partners.
  • Dr. Light is post-memory restoration.
  • Random encounter.
  • In character.
  • Firestorm may not use Matrix BFR or direct transmutation.

Battlefield

Justice League Watchtower
Justice League Watchtower

T4Vs

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4Vs

• PreCrisisBardock
  • MasterKungFu
  • OceanMaster21
  • SpinnerComix
  • TheTrueBarryAllen
  • Rpgesus
  • uugieboogie
  • BlackestNight93
  • DarkBiscuit
Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tag pls

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: awesome! Looking forward to this. Opener up tonight. (You said u wanted me to go first right?)

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Ok I lied xD. I forgot about Father's Day so that threw off my time on CV juggling all my matches and such. Today for sure!

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur Light AKA: Dr. Light.

"... And get back to doing what we do best..." And that would be winning.

Character Bio/ background info.

Arthur Light was the third two dawn the mantle of Dr. Light and was the predecessor to yet another. Arthur though, is the most iconic and well recognized in the DCU and in real life, for good reason. He is the antagonist of the Teen Titans and the Justice League using his incredible powers to take on their strongest members. These powers originate from his suit, but he has adopted some of these powers himself, due to retcons. He uses this suit (which he stole from STAR labs) for his own evil purposes, the standard villainous things like stealing, conquering the earth, besting the good guys etc. Light has been a member of the suicide squad, has been a black lantern, and had many other critical roles in the DC timeline. In other media (like the Teen Titans cartoon) he has been portrayed as a comedic villain and has lost what ever threat level he once had, but don't get it twisted, the true Arthur Light is a teambuster to be reckoned with!

Here's his wiki if you want more than my own description of him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Light_(Arthur_Light)

Powers - Hax// Speed// Durability:

I will completely honest, Dr. Light isn't exactly a physical power house, in fact he's quite lacking in most physical areas, but he more than makes up for it with his versatility, speed, and his frailty is compensated for by his high level shielding technology. So first let's talk about his speed.

Speed:

Dr. Light can travel at... well... the speed of light.

He can become a beam of light itself and travel anywhere on earth in a fraction of a second.

No Caption Provided

I am fully aware that Firestorm can exceed the speed of Light, but at least Arthur is more than capable of keeping up. Dr. Light has taken on characters even faster than Firestorm before and been successful, such as Green Lanterns, but more on this at another point.

Hax powers:

Dr. Light has a very wide range of powers, I would say more diverse than even Firestorm. His powers include (but aren't limited to) the following:

• Light speed travel
  • Teleportation (of himself and other objects/ people)
  • Energy manipulation which branches off into
    • Absorption
    • Projection
    • Control
    • Etc.
  • Control of the Electromagnetic spectrum, incase you were unaware the EM spectrum includes all the following:
    • Visible light
    • Infra-red
    • X-rays
    • Gamma rays
    • Radio waves
    • Microwaves
    • etc.
  • Hologram creation (that manifest physically)
  • Invisibility
  • Enhanced reflexes
  • Force field creation

That's a pretty varied powerset to work with, and each could come in handy in a variety of situations. Most notably of these I think is energy manipulation, I think this battle will vary well come down to a fire fight (ranged attacks) seeing as you cant kill me with Transmutation, and I would be willing to bet Light will win.

-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-

Here we have Dr. Light take on Kimiyo Hiyoshi who at the height of her powers managed to damage the Anti-monitors amour, and later becomes Dr. Light herself. Not only does Arthur completely stomp her, but he drains her of all her powers and they don't return to her until after Dwayne McDuffy'sJLA run. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I think this shows Light's ability to drain any energy based attacks FS throws at him and fire back with something more powerful.

Shielding:

Light's shields have tanked everything from high powered projectiles -

Easily capable of deflecting Starfire's energy attacks.
Easily capable of deflecting Starfire's energy attacks.

- To physical impacts.

Wally West is moving in full sprint and runs smack into Light's forcefields, a collision between someone moving that speed woud surely do some damage right? Nope, Light doesn't even flinch.
Wally West is moving in full sprint and runs smack into Light's forcefields, a collision between someone moving that speed woud surely do some damage right? Nope, Light doesn't even flinch.

Light's shields are more than capable of taking what you can dish out.

Over all -

I think this is a very good battle, and is a pretty interesting matchup. But there can only be one winner, and Light will be the victor here due to his ability to nullify your attacks via shielding and draining as well as dish out some high powered attacks. Of course these claims will be supported later on though.

@thenewbluebeetle007 there ya go, i look forward to this match and for your response.Good luck ,your gonna need it ;).

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: wtf..... I was drafting a post in the PMs, and then it just got erased...

this may take longer than expected.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: ? That's never happened to me before... Sorry about that, and I'm out of town till next Wednesday so take all he time you bro.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Character Introductions // Initial Debunking & Considerations

No Caption Provided

Character Introduction

Bio // Character History

No Caption Provided

Football player Ronnie Raymond and nuclear physicist Martin Stein were fused as a result of an accident in Stein's lab, thus creating the entity known as Firestorm. An extraordinarily powerful being, Firestorm could manipulate non-organic matter, fly at astounding speeds, and spew flames from his body. Frequent banter between Stein and Raymond was a hallmark of their adventures. Firestorm was a member of the Justice League of America.

Later, Ronnie ordered the United States and Russia to lay down their nuclear weapons to prevent mass destruction. As expected, neither country was happy about it, and even the Justice League came to try and stop Firestorm. The Russians also sent their own superhero, Pozhar, to confront Firestorm, and when they clashed, Pozhar (who went by the civilian name Mikhail Arkhadin) was fused into the Matrix. He was later expelled from it.

In Identity Crisis, Ronnie died a rather non-glamorous, abrupt death at the hands of Shadow Thief. We soon learned that the Firestorm entity could not be killed in the traditional sense, and it attached itself to Jason Rusch, a brilliant high school student. Jason was a much more skilled Firestorm than Raymond/Stein, demonstrating a myriad of new abilities including temperature control and size shifting. Rusch fused with his girlfriend and, after helping the League defeat the Legion of Doom, became a member, before eventually quitting.

Post-Flashpoint, Firestorm was made up of Rusch and Raymond, while Stein was more or less out of the picture. They were individual Firestorms (as seen above) but could combine to create Fury, a walking nuclear reactor. After the termination of the government's Firestorm program (which was responsible for Firestorm's creation), they gained the ability to fuse into a single Firestorm, without the instability of Fury. Firestorm has clashed with the Teen Titans, Despero, and the Crime Syndicate, and has become one of the more powerful members of the League.

Firestorm has been a member of the Justice League, and one of their most powerful members. He's fought the highest order of team-busters including Despero, Darkseid, and Anti-Monitor, and sometimes even defeating them. In this debate, I will demonstrate on why Dr. Light, though powerful, has nothing on the Nuclear Man.

Powers and Abilities

The Firestorm Matrix has the energy of a big bang itself, and primarily it is used to restructure matter. However, everything is made up of matter, so with the right tweaks, a host of other powers become readily accessible to Firestorm as well.

• Transmutation
  • Size Shifting
  • Flight
  • Intangibility
  • Temperature Control
  • Enhanced Physiology
  • Minor telekinesis
  • Energy control
  • Teleportation

Winning?

I just wanted to respond to your claim:

"... And get back to doing what we do best..." And that would be winning.

Really?

No Caption Provided

Because according to the Teen Titans, what he does best is crying :)

Now, onto the more serious rebuttals.

Counters

Light Form

Dr. Light can travel at... well... the speed of light.

I am fully aware that Firestorm can exceed the speed of Light, but at least Arthur is more than capable of keeping up. Dr. Light has taken on characters even faster than Firestorm before and been successful, such as Green Lanterns, but more on this at another point.

Dr. Light's light form will be ineffective here, because of freezing.

Before I get into this section and explain how freezing counters light form, I might as well show a few feats of Firestorm freezing something to show that it is in character.

No Caption Provided

There you have it, two separate instances that show that it is in character for Firestorm to freeze people under random circumstances. Now, allow me to highlight Firestorm's best showing in this regard and show why it will work on Dr. Light, even in light form.

In Firestorm #25, he did this:

No Caption Provided

Jason and Lorraine Reilly, who were at the time Firestorm, manage to freeze Killer Frost in a block of ice whose temperatures reached absolute zero.

If Light stays in human form, he will most certainly be incapacitated. No human can survive those temperatures for very long.

However, even if Light goes into Light form, he still can't escape absolute zero!

No Caption Provided

In Justice League of America #27,we see that even beings in light form are trapped by "clouds of ultracooled atoms". Essentially, this is the same thing as absolute zero, which ceases all particle movement, immobilizing anyone and anything, including photons.

So, if Light actually chooses to go into light form, Firestorm will easily incapacitate him using this technique. Considering that he has an award-winning physicist (Martin Stein) in his head, he will surely recognize this as the easiest possible method of victory.

In conclusion, going into Light form will only lead to a more expeditious demise for Dr. Light, not that it wouldn't be quick and efficient anyway.

Speed Outside of Light Form

You're seriously going to argue that Light is capable of keeping up with Green Lanterns? You know as well as I do that Lanterns are much faster than Dr. Light, but to show the voters, let's cite Teen Titans #22-23, where Light gets tagged by beings that aren't even as fast as cars, much less faster-than-light Lanterns.

In this five scans (they're not full-page so they're not breaking the scan rule), Light is tagged by a plethora of Titans, including:

• Speedy (with arrows)
  • Beast Boy (in alligator form)
  • Dove (with a kick)
  • Duela Dent (with an acid-spraying flower)
  • Red Star (with a punch)
  • Cyborg (with a punch)

None of these Titans (with the possible exception of Red Star, who I don't know enough about to accurately gauge) is faster than a car, much less Firestorm.

Speaking of which, let's take this opportunity to showcase some of Firestorm's feats in the speed department.

Firestorm was able to think a sentence after Darkseid's Omega Beams were fired, and was able to redirect them.

This is a HUGE feat, and one that really proves Firestorm's superiority in the speed department. It shows that Firestorm is capable of manipulating ANY energy that Dr. Light throws at him, considering that the Omega Force is much, much more powerful.

In addition, the Omega Effect has tagged Superman, multiple times in fact.

And Firestorm was able to not only react to, but THINK AN ENTIRE SENTENCE BEFORE the Omega Beam came close to him. He then redirected the blast.

So all in all, Firestorm reacted to an attack that tagged Superman, and redirected energy far above Dr. Light's own energy projection.

I believe that because of this, Dr. Light cannot use energy projection to bring Firestorm down, and that Firestorm is much faster. We're literally comparing someone who couldn't react to a blitz from an alligator to someone who reacted to an attack that tagged Superman.

Firestorm is faster.

Shields

My patience is running thin because CV has eaten my post twicenow, so I won't even make the argument that Firestorm will break through the shields, not because it would be ineffective, but because I have a much more conclusive counter for them.

This counter is that Firestorm can simply transmute them away. Observe:

Here, we see that Firestorm is able to transmute light and gamma rays.... and since Dr. Light's shields are made of light, he could thus transmute them.

So, no matter how powerful the shields are, they will be ineffective because Firestorm can just turn them to water.

Following this transmutation he could easily knock Dr. Light out with energy blasts or use his underrated physical prowess to take Dr. Light down.

Offense

Aside from freezing, Firestorm has another way he can knock out Dr. Light, this being his fusion blasts.

The weakest version of Firestorm (New-52) is able to destroy a city, according to extremely powerful energy manipulators.

No Caption Provided

Pre-52 FS is actually much more powerful. His fusion blasts have taken down the most powerful of beings, beings perhaps even more durable than Hulk.

In Firestorm #35, he was able to one-shot Kalibak, a New God, with a single powerful blast. Kalibak is a being with roughly Superman level durability, so it's an extremely impressive feat, especially given that in the very same issue he took down Orion without even breaking a sweat.

I would like to see some energy durability feats from Dr. Light before delving further into this topic.

Summary

• Dr. Light's speed is overrated, and Firestorm is faster.
  • Dr. Light's shield can be transmuted.
  • Firestorm's blasts can one-shot the frail Dr. Light.

Excuse the brevity, but as I stated before I don't have the patience to make a long post at this point :P

@speedster101

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tag

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

T4V.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1! Counters// Strategies// Advantages

The Doctor in, and back from his vacation!
The Doctor in, and back from his vacation!

Alright! Sorry @thenewbluebeetle007 that this is so late, but i've been out of town. Better late then never right? So with that said let's get into this...

A. Counters

• Absolute Zero
  • Speed
  • Shielding/ defense

1. Absolute Zero:

This is quite the interesting ability, one in which I have encountered before versus you. Fortunately this time I have a rebuttal.

• The scan you showed of a being moving in light form getting frozen, wasn't of Firestorm's doings. The feat specifically made it out that each individual atom was ultra-cooled. This scan doesn't support the claim that encompassing Dr. Light in a block of absolute zero would completely stop him, it only shows that he would stop if Firestorm froze each individual photon. That said I have a few things needed on your side:
    • Can you support Firestorm being able to freeze the individual photons?
    • Can he do this fast enough, to where he can do it before a beam of light could hit him?

Here is the scan:

No Caption Provided
  • Arthur can teleport. Assuming he is trapped in your absolute zero like you described he can easily just teleport out of the ice block.
Teleportation
Teleportation
  • Dr. Light has the power to command heat as well. I will say that it's not the same degree as Firestorm's I would say that this ability would aid Light in resisting or even countering Firestorm's attempt at freezing him.
Dr. Light commands the entire EM Spectrum, including Infra-red (heat)...
Dr. Light commands the entire EM Spectrum, including Infra-red (heat)...
... Batman later comments saying the heat being created if OFF THE CHARTS.
... Batman later comments saying the heat being created if OFF THE CHARTS.

-

I would say off the charts for Batman is some pretty intense heat. Also, factor in the precision taken to where it didn't affect the actual people there...

In fact, Light can even drain/ absorb heat signature's as powerful as Kryptonian heat vision.

No Caption Provided

Arthur can command Superboy's heat vision, seemingly with zero effort. Commanding this much heat so easily makes me wonder whether Firestorm's temperature manipulation will be effective at all against someone with temperature control of similar caliber.

Overview of counters:

• Legitimacy of Ab. Zero vs. Light from
  • Teleportation
  • Heat Manipulation

2. Speed:

Regarding MY speed -

You're seriously going to argue that Light is capable of keeping up with Green Lanterns? You know as well as I do that Lanterns are much faster than Dr. Light, but to show the voters, let's cite Teen Titans #22-23, where Light gets tagged by beings that aren't even as fast as cars, much less faster-than-light Lanterns.

In this five scans (they're not full-page so they're not breaking the scan rule), Light is tagged by a plethora of Titans, including:

• Speedy (with arrows)
  • Dove (with a kick)
  • Cyborg (with a punch)

None of these Titans (with the possible exception of Red Star, who I don't know enough about to accurately gauge) is faster than a car, much less Firestorm.

For starters I would like to say that Light not only HAS reacted to Green Lanterns before, on numerous occasions actually. Aldo, I would like to point out he use of the phrase "keep up with" because it seems you think I claimed he was faster, which he is not. Thankfully neither is Firestorm. Here's Light keeping up with (and defeating mind you) Jade, Kyle Rayner

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-

As you can see, Light has been able to keep pace with GL's as well as the GL's attacks/ constructs. Side note that's not really relevant to speed, but a pretty cool thing: Light is such a powerful energy manipulator that he is able to control the Oan energies with in them and turn their powers against them, displaying just how effective Light will be at reflecting Firestorms attacks back at him.

Secondly I would like to look at the scene you displayed. The first image is what's key when debunking your feat. If you look at the context of the feat rather than the mere fact that he got tagged, you will see that he was actually in the middle of draining someone/ thing (top panel) and was shot from behind hence the use of his word "hnnnn" symbolizing he was startled/ caught off guard. As Light is running away he runs into Beast Boy, also whom he wasn't aware was there and get's hit. From there they just kept knocking him off his feat and hitting him. All this is, is a coordinated, team sneak attack while Light was preoccupied. Could this have been avoided by teleporting away? Yes, why wasn't it? To be completely honest... PIS. (note I'm not claiming this whole thing is PIS, it was a sneak attack, I'm saying why he didn't teleport away is PIS).

Now let's look at what happened when Dr. Light faced off against the Titans A-list members (more powerful than the characters you showed) in an EVEN battle:

• Superboy: Stomped, and drained with minimal effort (shown above).
  • Wonder Girl: Stomped and one-shotted with minimal effort.
Light uses WG's Lightning and defeats her with one blow.

Few things note worthy here:

1. This shows Light's ability to drain even magical sources of energy.
  2. Light reacted to her attack and lightning, both of which are pretty dang fast.
  3. Light one-shotted her.
  4. Not a scratch on him.

Now that let's kick it up a notch and take a look at Light's encounters with JLA A-listers:

• Green Lantern: Stomped, turned ring against him, minimal effort (shown above).
  • Superman: He has not only tagged Clark but completely floored him.
No Caption Provided

Notice how Superman yells in pain and is pretty much down for the count. Secondly, look at the bottom of the page and see how Light comments on Superman's speed, this leads me to believe this isn't one of those "well he's not going his fastest" moments. This is further supported by the fact that Black Lighting, Superman's comrade was in life threating danger, as Superman booked it over at full speed to rescue.

• Wally West: Unable to break shields and was KO'd (shown in opener).
  • Green Arrow: Projectiles deflected and disarmed, minimal effort.
Reacts to three
Reacts to three "arrows" and blocks all their projectiles, including fully automatics. Teleports away the Arrows and later teleports away their bows.

This furthers my above point that Light was merely caught off guard by Speedy and that if given the proper chance he can easily react to such attacks.

The list goes on and on. I think it goes without saying that Light can travel at the speed of light and keep pace with/ fight beings that exceed light speed. (In some cases by quite a large margin like Superman/ GL).

Regarding YOUR speed -

Speaking of which, let's take this opportunity to showcase some of Firestorm's feats in the speed department.

Firestorm was able to think a sentence after Darkseid's Omega Beams were fired, and was able to redirect them.

This is a HUGE feat, and one that really proves Firestorm's superiority in the speed department. It shows that Firestorm is capable of manipulating ANY energy that Dr. Light throws at him, considering that the Omega Force is much, much more powerful.

I wouldn't say this goes beyond the realm of energy manipulation displayed by Arthur, if you see above you will see his feats. I think Oan power rings have energies comparable to the Omega Force. I would also like to point out that this blast is not the Omega Beam that's renowned for being OP. This blast very clearly was projected from his hands, not from his eyes (the most symbolic part of the OB imo), his hand beams are hardly equivalent to what we see from the regular Omega Beams.

And Firestorm was able to not only react to, but THINK AN ENTIRE SENTENCE BEFORE the Omega Beam came close to him. He then redirected the blast.

So all in all, Firestorm reacted to an attack that tagged Superman, and redirected energy far above Dr. Light's own energy projection.

Again pointing out that this isn't the same attack used above. I would also like to say that part of the "speed" behind the OB is it's ability to follow it's target. And just pointing out that Light has also tagged Superman.

I believe that because of this, Dr. Light cannot use energy projection to bring Firestorm down, and that Firestorm is much faster. We're literally comparing someone who couldn't react to a blitz from an alligator to someone who reacted to an attack that tagged Superman.

I disagree with both these statements. I don't think this feat means much at all, for reasons above. And I think this is less impressive than what I have shown of Light. Not only has Light drained vast energies moving at FTL speeds (Green Lantern feats), but he has also drained energies he couldn't see/ weren't coming at him. He FORCED Heat Vision out of Superboy. I think Light's potential to drain a persons abilities entirely (like against Kimiyo and Superboy) is higher than Firestorms.

3. Shielding:

Here, we see that Firestorm is able to transmute light and gamma rays.... and since Dr. Light's shields are made of light, he could thus transmute them.

Interesting, but Firestorn transmuting them would likely take at least a few seconds, potentially giving Light time to just create another forcefield, I mean it doesn't take much effort to create multiple shields. Also, the shields are just to stop Light from getting one-shotted earlier on, he could just hit Firestorm with an energy beam once he's been preoccupied with transmuting away the shields.

Following this transmutation he could easily knock Dr. Light out with energy blasts or use his underrated physical prowess to take Dr. Light down.

Defeating Dr. Light with energy beams is a task easier said than done my friend, and physical attacks can be countered by Arthur's intangible light form mentioned previously.

Now, before mentioning your own offensive prowess, I would like to cover what you called me out on, which was my own energy durability. Dr. Light's physical attributes are anything, but stellar, in fact he's quite frail, his ability to drain/ control his opponents energies are what make him a force to be reckoned with of course. Like previously shown Light has gone toe-to-toe with other incredible energy manipulators and defeated them without a scratch, such as Kimiyo, it will be very hard to hurt Dr. Light with purely energy attacks. I doubt Light could survive a bloodlusted Firestorm's attacks if they hit him directly, but I will touch upon this more later.

B. Potential Strategies.

Light actually has a plethora of ways to abuse his versatile power set, enabling him to defeat Firestorm. Any of them should work like a charm.

1. Now you see me...

The first and most obvious of these would be using Arthur's trademark ability, visible light control. Dr. Light will simply become invisible to Firestorm by either creating black light (so he cant see), taking away his vision, or just making everything around him invisible. This would take away just about all of Firestorm's advantages. He cant transmute or drain what he cant see. From here Light can just take him down with a barrage of energy blasts each packing enough punch to floor the Man of Steel himself. (See above at the feat of Light tagging Superman). Since Firestorms has to activate his powers and be aware of the oncoming attacks, he isn't "immune" to energy attacks, an onslaught of this caliber will put him down. Being blind will secure the fact that he will have no hope of stopping this.

2. Seeing double

This plan is simply Light summoning a large number of "Solidograms" to dogpile and KO Firestorm.

To explain what the Solidogram is... It is essentially just a solid - hologram. These holograms can physically attack and are actually incredibly powerful. Powerful to the point that they can take on Superman:

Superman comments that they are
Superman comments that they are "too fast".
They are strong enough to dogpile Clark and Clark also comments on how quickly they recovered from heat vision.
They are strong enough to dogpile Clark and Clark also comments on how quickly they recovered from heat vision.

These scans show us a few things:

• Solidograms are "too fast" for Superman AKA easily on par with Firestorm
  • They are stronger than Firestorm, capable of dogpiling Superman
  • They are self regenerating, they can reform even if Light isn't near them, Clark even comments on how quickly they recovered from his heatvision.

So for this plan Arthur just needs to create a couple dozen Solidograms that look identical to himself, and have them bull rush Firestorm. He cant blast them away, they'll reform and he cant outmatch all of them physically. The absolute zero argument will only work on one at a time, to slow when dozens of these FTL powerhouses are on top of him. Relatively easy KO.

3. Peek-A-Boo

This is basically just teleporting around hitting Firestorm from behind with energy attacks. The same ones shown above. I think Firestorm would go down relatively easily from these attacks. His energy durability when he's not absorbing attacks isn't so stellar.

One-shotted by a single energy bomb planted by Prometheus.

Prometheus isn't exactly the most high tier of characters... And the bomb caused minimal collateral damage.

Since Light will be hitting Firestorm from behind he wont be able to defend.

4. BFR

Simple as that...

C. Advantages here.

• Light's abilities are more diverse than even Firestorm's.
  • Dr. Light has superior draining and has displayed draining of more diverse things.
  • Light has experience taking on numerous other characters with similar power-sets to Firestorms.
  • Arthur's speed is kinda being lowballed here and it is a greater factor than you may think.
  • Light's solidograms are more than capable of covering up the physical flaws.

Really?

No Caption Provided

I know you commented saying this wasn't a serious response, but I just wanted to iterate that I actually don't know why. He has taken on (and defeated) some of the best in the DCU, has taken on entire teams, and in his first appearance was a JLA buster... I think this gag kinda came from the TT TV show? Not sure... But I believe I have showed he is a force to be reckoned with ;).

Good luck bro! You'll need it ;P

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Will do!

@thenewbluebeetle007: hey I'm still editing some typos, but you can go ahead and post, my typos won't affect the debating.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping you finish this! If you do, tag

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

@thenewbluebeetle007: Oh man... Yeah I'd love to finish this! Would you want to pick up from where we left off, or just restart with the same scenario? Because I feel like my debating had changed (for the better) ALOT since we started this.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: I mean, all you did in this CaV was round 1. If you really think your debating and strategy have changed that much, we can restart, but I personally think that we can continue from here.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: awesome. I'll write a post in response, and we can resume.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Darkbiscuit

This made me crack up lol

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: awesome, let's get it back and running.

Round 1

No Caption Provided

Rebuttals

Alright! Sorry @thenewbluebeetle007 that this is so late, but i've been out of town. Better late then never right? So with that said let's get into this...

Yep, definitely better late than never lol

Absolute Zero

This is quite the interesting ability, one in which I have encountered before versus you. Fortunately this time I have a rebuttal.

• The scan you showed of a being moving in light form getting frozen, wasn't of Firestorm's doings. The feat specifically made it out that each individual atom was ultra-cooled. This scan doesn't support the claim that encompassing Dr. Light in a block of absolute zero would completely stop him, it only shows that he would stop if Firestorm froze each individual photon. That said I have a few things needed on your side:
    • Can you support Firestorm being able to freeze the individual photons?
    • Can he do this fast enough, to where he can do it before a beam of light could hit him?
1. Absolute zero by definition freezes individual photons.2. Yes; I already showed him reacting to the Omega Beams and transmuting a structure to redirect them. The OB are definitively faster than light given that they've tagged Superman and give Flash trouble.

Arthur can teleport. Assuming he is trapped in your absolute zero like you described he can easily just teleport out of the ice block.

No, he can't.

Absolute zero means that there's no particle movement. In order to teleport, Light needs to be able to think- something he can't do if the neurons in his brain can't move. Absolute zero means that there's no particle movement- he can't think, he can't teleport.

Dr. Light has the power to command heat as well. I will say that it's not the same degree as Firestorm's I would say that this ability would aid Light in resisting or even countering Firestorm's attempt at freezing him.

It's not even close to Firestorm's. Firestorm created an absolute zero field on the sun; if you want to even try to counter it with heat projection you'll need to show me that Light can create energy hotter than the sun.

The best heat feat you've shown is Light causing Batman (a human) discomfort with his heat. That's nowhere close to the sun. If Batman could survive the heat, it's not hotter than the sun.

-

I would say off the charts for Batman is some pretty intense heat.

Lol, why? Batman's a human.

Also, factor in the precision taken to where it didn't affect the actual people there...

In fact, Light can even drain/ absorb heat signature's as powerful as Kryptonian heat vision.

No Caption Provided

Arthur can command Superboy's heat vision, seemingly with zero effort. Commanding this much heat so easily makes me wonder whether Firestorm's temperature manipulation will be effective at all against someone with temperature control of similar caliber.

Superboy's heat vision is a total misnomer. His vision is equivalent to a laser rather than just pure heat; all Light controlled was a laser.

Light has never shown the ability to control heat.

Speed:

Regarding MY speed -

• Speedy (with arrows)
  • Dove (with a kick)
  • Cyborg (with a punch)

For starters I would like to say that Light not only HAS reacted to Green Lanterns before, on numerous occasions actually. Aldo, I would like to point out he use of the phrase "keep up with" because it seems you think I claimed he was faster, which he is not. Thankfully neither is Firestorm. Here's Light keeping up with (and defeating mind you) Jade, Kyle Rayner

Are you seeing something I'm not? Because nowhere in the scan you posted did Light at all "react" to a Green Lantern. Jade (who, by the way, is not impressive at all as a GL) made a construct, but was held back by Kyle Rayner, meaning that they weren't going all out.

In regards to him "beating" Rayner, the only reason he was able to do so was by manipulating the Oan energies. It's a draining feat, definitely not a speed feat because nobody was blitzing him.

As you can see, Light has been able to keep pace with GL's as well as the GL's attacks/ constructs. Side note that's not really relevant to speed, but a pretty cool thing: Light is such a powerful energy manipulator that he is able to control the Oan energies with in them and turn their powers against them, displaying just how effective Light will be at reflecting Firestorms attacks back at him.

That's not going to fly. Do you know why Light was able to control Green Lantern's constructs? It was because the constructs are literally HARD LIGHT! Of course Dr. Light can control constructs made of light.

Firestorm's blasts, on the other hand, are nuclear in nature. Show me Dr. Light manipulating a nuclear blast and this might be interesting.

Secondly I would like to look at the scene you displayed. The first image is what's key when debunking your feat. If you look at the context of the feat rather than the mere fact that he got tagged, you will see that he was actually in the middle of draining someone/ thing (top panel) and was shot from behind hence the use of his word "hnnnn" symbolizing he was startled/ caught off guard. As Light is running away he runs into Beast Boy, also whom he wasn't aware was there and get's hit.

So essentially you're trying to argue that Light isn't slow but has very little awareness of what's going around him? Cool.

Regardless, Beast Boy literally spoke to Light before alligator-blitzing him. Don't try to argue that he didn't know Gar was there when Beast Boy had made Light aware of what was going on.

From there they just kept knocking him off his feat and hitting him. All this is, is a coordinated, team sneak attack while Light was preoccupied. Could this have been avoided by teleporting away? Yes, why wasn't it? To be completely honest... PIS. (note I'm not claiming this whole thing is PIS, it was a sneak attack, I'm saying why he didn't teleport away is PIS).

Not to sound pejorative, but did you even read the story arc?

Dr. Light was irate at the fact that the Justice League had previously wiped his memory and turned him into a buffoon. He then took Green Arrow hostage, and told the Teen Titans to come and fight him on national TV so that he could show the world how awesome of a villain he was. It wasn't a sneak attack. Light literally told them to come and fight him. That's why he didn't teleport away.

Also, he got blitzed by an alligator and smacked by Cyborg.

Now let's look at what happened when Dr. Light faced off against the Titans A-list members (more powerful than the characters you showed) in an EVEN battle:

• Superboy: Stomped, and drained with minimal effort (shown above).
  • Wonder Girl: Stomped and one-shotted with minimal effort.

Few things note worthy here:

This shows Light's ability to drain even magical sources of energy.

This doesn't matter against FS.

Light reacted to her attack and lightning, both of which are pretty dang fast.

Light didn't react to anything. Read the scan and you'll see that Cassie did manage to get her Lasso onto Light, and all Light did was suck the magic lightning out of her. He didn't react at all.

Light one-shotted her.

She's still conscious after Light drained her and was thus not one-shotted.

Now that let's kick it up a notch and take a look at Light's encounters with JLA A-listers:
  • Green Lantern: Stomped, turned ring against him, minimal effort (shown above).
  • Superman: He has not only tagged Clark but completely floored him.
No Caption Provided

Notice how Superman yells in pain and is pretty much down for the count. Secondly, look at the bottom of the page and see how Light comments on Superman's speed, this leads me to believe this isn't one of those "well he's not going his fastest" moments. This is further supported by the fact that Black Lighting, Superman's comrade was in life threating danger, as Superman booked it over at full speed to rescue.

Context!

Superman was sharing his powers with Vixen at the time (hence why Vixen was able to see through walls and the like during the story arc). He was most certainly not at optimum power, and it's highly probable that his speed was affected.

Besides, Superman literally always holds back. There's no indication that he was going faster than light in that instance.

Wally West: Unable to break shields and was KO'd (shown in opener).

Wally West wasn't going all out. Firestorm will hit Light with blasts much more powerful than what Wally was capable of.

Green Arrow: Projectiles deflected and disarmed, minimal effort.

You do realize that you're facing a guy who has one-shotted New Gods, taken down Black Adam, fought toe-to-toe against Darkseid, and went against the Anti-Monitor? Beating a guy with a bow and arrow isn't impressive.

This furthers my above point that Light was merely caught off guard by Speedy and that if given the proper chance he can easily react to such attacks.

The list goes on and on. I think it goes without saying that Light can travel at the speed of light and keep pace with/ fight beings that exceed light speed. (In some cases by quite a large margin like Superman/ GL).

Dr. Light may travel at the speed of light, but he typically doesn't. And furthermore, Firestorm has faster than light capabilities, so it frankly doesn't matter.

Regarding YOUR speed -

I wouldn't say this goes beyond the realm of energy manipulation displayed by Arthur, if you see above you will see his feats. I think Oan power rings have energies comparable to the Omega Force.

Wait, what?

When have power rings ever been comparable to the Omega Force?

Darkseid has routinely stomped Green Lanterns, eaten them for breakfast. The Omega Force is one of the most powerful abilities in the entire DCU, and you're going to need some serious feats if you're going to suggest that manipulating one Green Lantern's ring is equivalent to manipulating DARKSEID's Omega Force.

I would also like to point out that this blast is not the Omega Beam that's renowned for being OP. This blast very clearly was projected from his hands, not from his eyes (the most symbolic part of the OB imo), his hand beams are hardly equivalent to what we see from the regular Omega Beams.

Just because the Omega Beams aren't coming from his eyes doesn't mean that they're not just as OP- regardless, the OB didn't always come from Darkseid's eyes, that comic was from an older time when they didn't.

Again pointing out that this isn't the same attack used above. I would also like to say that part of the "speed" behind the OB is it's ability to follow it's target. And just pointing out that Light has also tagged Superman.

Call it what you will, the fact remains that the Omega Beams have tagged full power Superman, while Light only tagged a weakened Superman who was sharing his powers with Vixen.

Furthermore, the OB have even given Flash some trouble on occation, so....

I disagree with both these statements. I don't think this feat means much at all, for reasons above. And I think this is less impressive than what I have shown of Light. Not only has Light drained vast energies moving at FTL speeds (Green Lantern feats),

Oof, this is some blatant hyperbole mate. If you could give me any indication that Kyle was moving anywhere close to FTL speeds, then I might accept your argument. As it stands, however, Kyle wasn't even moving due to Light taking control of his ring, wasn't blitzing at all, and wasn't moving FTL.

but he has also drained energies he couldn't see/ weren't coming at him. He FORCED Heat Vision out of Superboy.

He knew that Superboy had heat vision, and took it out. That's an impressive draining feat, but not something that's applicable here given Firestorm's incredible resistance to draining.

Furthermore, Superboy continued to fight Light (just blind).

I think Light's potential to drain a persons abilities entirely (like against Kimiyo and Superboy) is higher than Firestorms.

Be that as it may, neither Kimiyo nor Superboy has the same raw power as Firestorm. I mean, his power source, the Firestorm Matrix, literally has infinite energy; you're not going to be able to drain him of his power.

Parasite (who has drained Superman before and is at least as good at draining as Dr. Light) was unable to drain him.

both of these facts are shown in the scans below.

Shielding

Interesting, but Firestorn transmuting them would likely take at least a few seconds, potentially giving Light time to just create another forcefield, I mean it doesn't take much effort to create multiple shields. Also, the shields are just to stop Light from getting one-shotted earlier on, he could just hit Firestorm with an energy beam once he's been preoccupied with transmuting away the shields.

Why would Firestorm find it hard to transmute the shields? He transmuted light in an instant. It's not going to take him long at all.

Defeating Dr. Light with energy beams is a task easier said than done my friend, and physical attacks can be countered by Arthur's intangible light form mentioned previously.

Now, before mentioning your own offensive prowess, I would like to cover what you called me out on, which was my own energy durability. Dr. Light's physical attributes are anything, but stellar, in fact he's quite frail, his ability to drain/ control his opponents energies are what make him a force to be reckoned with of course. Like previously shown Light has gone toe-to-toe with other incredible energy manipulators and defeated them without a scratch, such as Kimiyo, it will be very hard to hurt Dr. Light with purely energy attacks. I doubt Light could survive a bloodlusted Firestorm's attacks if they hit him directly, but I will touch upon this more later.

As powerful as those other energy manipulators may have been, they're nothing in comparison to Firestorm. I mean, this is a guy who one-shotted Kalibak, as shown in an earlier post, and even Black Adam,one of the most durable beings in the DC Universe, in Firestorm #17...

It's worth noting that Jason Rusch actually got a charge from Martin Stein during this encounter; however, not only was he previously drained by one of Lex Luthor's machines, but Martin Stein is actually included in a composite Firestorm, so he could easily replicate a blast of this power against Dr. Light.

Countering Your Potential Strategies.

1. Now you see me...

The first and most obvious of these would be using Arthur's trademark ability, visible light control. Dr. Light will simply become invisible to Firestorm by either creating black light (so he cant see), taking away his vision, or just making everything around him invisible. This would take away just about all of Firestorm's advantages. He cant transmute or drain what he cant see. From here Light can just take him down with a barrage of energy blasts each packing enough punch to floor the Man of Steel himself. (See above at the feat of Light tagging Superman). Since Firestorms has to activate his powers and be aware of the oncoming attacks, he isn't "immune" to energy attacks, an onslaught of this caliber will put him down. Being blind will secure the fact that he will have no hope of stopping this.

1. Firestorm can see invisible beings.

2. He also has AoE, omnidirectional attacks:

Brightest Day #17
Brightest Day #17

No matter where Light is, he can't avoid omnidirectional attacks, especially given that he never uses teleportation in character in combat.

3. He can recreate light within his optic nerves.

Observe; Firestorm demonstrates the ability to turn things into light. Because he can do this, it's perfectly feasible to say that he could just add more light to his own optic nerves as soon as Light blinds him; Dr. Light's blindness is not going to do anything.

Now, you may ask, "Well, is Firestorm precise enough to actually pull of such a feat?" Well, allow me to answer with a reference to Firestorm Volume 3, Issue 9.

Here, Firestorm is able to isolate Killer Frost's metagene and disable it. If he can locate and effect a metagene throughout Killer Frost's body, he can easily locate a few optic nerves and add some light to them.

2. Seeing double

This plan is simply Light summoning a large number of "Solidograms" to dogpile and KO Firestorm.

All right, first off, that's not in character for Light. Light only ever uses holograms to do his dirty work when he isn't there in person. The instance you showed from Superman/Batman #43? The Solidograms were simply meant to keep Superman busy while Light went to the Fortress of Solitude to steal some stuff. In JLA Rock of Ages (literally the only other time he's ever done it), they were meant to keep the League preoccupied while Light and Lex Luthor were planning some other shenanigans.

Show me an instance of him doing this once- literally a single time- when he himself is present, and we'll talk.

To explain what the Solidogram is... It is essentially just a solid - hologram. These holograms can physically attack and are actually incredibly powerful. Powerful to the point that they can take on Superman:

Incredibly powerful, huh?

In JLA Rock of Ages, Dr. Light made some constructs that resembled the League, and let's just say they didn't fare too well...

The "Bat-Plane" was taken out by a single bullet. "Martian Manhunter" and "Wonder Woman" were dissipated with arrow constructs. In addition, "Flash" was tagged by the real Green Arrow.

Then in the instance you cited, Superman defeated them with- get this- a rock.

The light constructs are pathetic.

Faster than Superman

No, it doesn't say that they're too fast for Superman. In the same issue, Superman easily used heat vision, and later defeated them by throwing a large rock.

They are stronger than Firestorm, capable of dogpiling Superman

Nowhere in the scan are they dogpiling Superman. Re-read what you wrote.

They are self regenerating, they can reform even if Light isn't near them, Clark even comments on how quickly they recovered from his heatvision.

Perhaps, but they have another weakness that is easily exploited:

The holograms have visible projectors.

So, there are two reasons why it's incredibly easy to counter them.

1. Firestorm can transmute the projectors, doing away with the solidograms
  2. The projectors are not standard equipment for Dr. Light.He can't even get access to the Solidograms unless you show me that he'd have them in a random encounter.

So for this plan Arthur just needs to create a couple dozen Solidograms that look identical to himself, and have them bull rush Firestorm. He cant blast them away, they'll reform and he cant outmatch all of them physically. The absolute zero argument will only work on one at a time, to slow when dozens of these FTL powerhouses are on top of him. Relatively easy KO.

lol. they were tagged by arrows. nowhere near FTL.

plus, it's not in character, not standard equipment, and much weaker than you claim.

3. Peek-A-Boo

This is basically just teleporting around hitting Firestorm from behind with energy attacks. The same ones shown above. I think Firestorm would go down relatively easily from these attacks. His energy durability when he's not absorbing attacks isn't so stellar.

Prometheus isn't exactly the most high tier of characters... And the bomb caused minimal collateral damage.

Sigh. Context!

1. Prometheus in this arc isthe most high tier of characters; he soloed the Justice League because he had prep.
  2. That single energy bomb was made from a special metal meant to disrupt the Firestorm Matrix. Unless Dr. Light has access to that metal, he's not replicating the feat anytime soon.

Since Light will be hitting Firestorm from behind he wont be able to defend.

Firestorm has minor precognition that allows him to detect when things are coming from behind.

No Caption Provided

He could just teleport away, go intangible, or put up shields.

And Firestorm's shields have literally tanked Light's blasts already.

No Caption Provided

Or, he could go intangible.

No Caption Provided

Beyond that, Firestorm could also choose to use omnidirectional blasts to hit Light.

4. BFR

Simple as that...

What??? When has Light ever BFR'd someone?

C. Advantages here.

Light's abilities are more diverse than even Firestorm's.

Riiiiight. Light has draining, invisibility, teleportation, and blasts.

Firestorm has:

• Draining
  • invisibility
  • teleportation
  • blasts
  • intangibility
  • transmutation
  • temperature control
  • size control
  • astral projection
  • dimension hopping
  • ability to steal powers
  • precognition
  • enhanced stats on the level of New Gods
  • flight
  • his HAIR is made of FIRE

who's more versatile?

Dr. Light has superior draining and has displayed draining of more diverse things.

You want to try draining? Be my guest. He has an infinite amount of energy; draining won't actually do anything.

Furthermore, Parasite literally almost died when he tried to drain Firestorm.

Light has experience taking on numerous other characters with similar power-sets to Firestorms.

Firestorm has encountered foes well above Dr. Light's pay grade. Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, and Despero come to mind.

Arthur's speed is kinda being lowballed here and it is a greater factor than you may think.

Lol, tell me more about the speed of the guy who got blitzed by an alligator.

Light's solidograms are more than capable of covering up the physical flaws.

Solidograms that he's never used in combat, that can be transmuted away, and that went down to Green Arrow's arrows?

Really?

No Caption Provided

I know you commented saying this wasn't a serious response, but I just wanted to iterate that I actually don't know why. He has taken on (and defeated) some of the best in the DCU, has taken on entire teams, and in his first appearance was a JLA buster... I think this gag kinda came from the TT TV show? Not sure... But I believe I have showed he is a force to be reckoned with ;).

Because he's a loser, lmao ;P

Good luck bro! You'll need it

No Caption Provided

I think Harvey summed it up pretty well^

Summary

1. Absolute zero works.
  2. Firestorm can literally one-shot Dr. Light with an omnidirectional fusion blast. He's one-shotted Black Adam and Kalibak, each slightly below Superman level physicals wise. Meanwhile, Dr. Light was hurt by an alligator.
  3. Dr. Light was blitzed by an alligator lol. The alligator even told Light that he was about to get blitzed, and Light STILL couldn't react. Firestorm's got the speed advantage in spades.
  4. Solidograms are pitifully frail and also get one shotted by fusion blasts.

Firestorm's way above Arthur's level.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Seeing how old it was and it just was dumped with no warning. I chuckled trying to imagine how that would happen, and then it was suddenly picked up. Anyways t4v ive been meaning to expand my knowledge about these two

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Seeing how old it was and it just was dumped with no warning. I chuckled trying to imagine how that would happen, and then it was suddenly picked up. Anyways t4v ive been meaning to expand my knowledge about these two

nah, Speedster/Seeffis PM'd me to inform me he was dropping it

we'll tag you

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbiscuit: Oh haha, we both time off the site. I recently came back and saw he was an active user again so I asked if we could have another match. He ended up bumping this old one and here we are now lol.

You will be tagged bro :)

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: So... I may have procrastinated my summer reading...

I have 3 books to read, 8 pages worth of essays, and a ton of questions and only a week left of summer... It might be a while till I can get around to this...

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: sparknotes that shit bruh

jk obviously academics come first, np

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: I'm sparknotes-ing everything I can man... Lol.

By the end of the week I'll have more time for this.