#51 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I'll try to get one in today bud:) I have two other debates also that I need to tend to:/ but I'll try my best sir

#53 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: alrighty

I wasnt doubting your strategy at all, I was just curious to how Doom would make so many items, in minutes, without the proper tools and expect this outcome.. It just seems like it might not be able to happen. Vader is moving fast from being bloodlusted and he's ready to get what needs to be done.

what is Doom moves away from the mile starting point to his base? Not saying that he needs to be moving closer to Vader, what if he is in actuality moving away from, follow me?

So you're going to move a mile away from the starting point to buy time? Basically thats what i got from that.

That Force Choke you mentioned? requires focus.........which I will not be giving you the pleasure of having pal.

It doesn't require as much focus as everyone thinks. He can do it with absolute little effort so I dont quite find that a problem. Plus, with numerous amount of fodder running around, mindless, Vader won't really need to use Force Choke against them.. He'll simply kill them.

Vader can do a countless amount of damage to the fodder, he'll simply tear right through them. They wont be much of a problem due to the fact that he can Force Push them all over the place also.

know you are relying on this but I have to disagree. I would say it's possible (however not probable in this scenario) but not indefinite.

Now..........I would like to answer this question for you: In regards to this Force Choke (if at some point Vader gets a chance to pull this off....)

Its very possible actually. Once he sees the Fodder, he'll know exactly where Doom is (from him creating them and thus sending them out) from his telepathy and find Doom much easier than you thought.

“Give yourself to the dark side, Luke,” he entreated. “It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you, son. Your feelings for them are strong, especially for—“ Vader stopped. He sensed something.

Luke withdrew further into shadow. He tried to hide, but there was no way to hide what was in his mind—Leia was in pain. Her agony cried to him now, and his spirit cried with her. He tried to shut it out, to shut it up, but the cry was loud, and he couldn't stifle it, couldn't leave it alone, had to cradle it openly, to give it solace. Vader's consciousness invaded that private place. “No!” screamed Luke.

Vader was incredulous. “Sister? Sister!” he bellowed. “Your feelings have now betrayed her, too... Twins!” he roared triumphantly. “Obi-Wan was wise to hide her, but now his failure is complete.”

Return of the Jedi

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then, Vader and Palpatine both gained access to Luke's innermost thoughts, those that protected his sister, Princess Leia Organa.

The Essential Guide To Characters

Vader tapped into Lukes mind and gained information from him in the process. Obi hid Princess Leia from Vader and this is how he found out. He'll do the same about Dooms whereabouts, especially when the only thing they'll know is a command by one man, Doom. Vader will find him without much trouble.

Doom has tanked hits from some very strong opponents and armor has stood up in very tough scenarios.

He has repeatedly taken poundings from the Thing, the hulk, heck even Mjolnir. I would say that he can stand up to Force Choke.

Vader is definitely going to get to Doom. He'll blow through the fodder to make his way towards Doom is. Whether he's a mile or two miles apart, Vader is going to confront him. And for the Durability, that's fine because Vader isn't quite known for his punch. Doom also has never been choked by a force of the universe, has he? Vader has some serious power behind his force choke and it doesn't need as much concentration as you think.

I'm not saying that Vader is going to kill Doom with the choke, but it is possible. Force and Physicality are much different from eachother. Vader doesnt have to get up close and personal with Doom for him to do any damage, yeah Doom is a tank but he can still be thrown across the room like a ragdoll no matter what durability he has.

Vader is extremely fast as I've mentioned. He's reacted and fought with Sentry but that doesnt mean he cant still be surprised by Vader.

Shryne fired a quick burst, then sprinted for the doorway. Behind him, his humanoid accomplices were also in motion, stunning the guards to unconsciousness and racing for the open gate.

Angling his blade, Vader deflected the bolts with intent, but by jinking and jagging Shryne managed to evade each parry. Vader leapt, his powerful prosthetic legs carrying him to the top of a broad but short flight of steps in time to see Shryne sprint across the bridge at Jedi speed, motioning to his accomplices to move Zar through the gate.

Vader leapt again, this time to the bridge, and to within only a few meters of Shryne, who spun about, dropping to one knee and firing repeatedly. This time Vader decided to show Shryne whom he was dealing with. Holding his lightsaber to one side, he raised his right hand to turn the blaster bolts.

Clearly astonished, Shryne remained on one knee, but only briefly. In an instant he had passed through the gate and was shouldering his way through the crowd outside the wall.

Vader's final leap landed him just short of the rampart. Over the heads of the milling beings, at the forward edge of a landing platform, a woman with gray-laced black hair was gesturing frantically to Shryne and his cohorts, who were already hauling Fang Zar up the platform steps.

Rise of Darth Vader

He's show exponential leaping abilities and is very quick when it comes to combat speed. Vader has been know to leap far distances by augmenting the force and channeling it through his legs, making him not only quick but fast. Not to mention Vader moves so fast that Jedi couldnt react to how fast he swipes his Lightsaber and how quick he is with his body

It happened before he could get out another word. Faster than an eyeblink. Faster than he'd seen anyone move, anyone except Yoda.

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon

People still think Vader is slow?

The Confrontation

After Doom moves through the fodder like a knife through butter, he'll know exactly where Doom is no matter how long it takes to get to him. Vader is more than fast enough to get there and will have little trouble getting inside.

He'll completely put a hole in the wall that Doom is behind and make his way in, to this wonderful confrontation that will seemingly be difficult for both customers. Sure, Doom can tank hits from Thor, Hulk and the Thing.. but now he's going to have to deal with a bloodlusted Vader that is going to go straight for the kill here. His TK, swordsmanship and speed will utilize his versatility to get a win here. He may not be the strongest person that Doom has gone up against, but he is one hell of an opponent for him.

But tell me, how exactly will Doom survive being crushed or torn apart?

Thats a very large robot, whats to say Vader cant do that to Doom? He has limbs, right? May be covered in armor.. but he can still be crushed, right?

Thats three Tie Fighters. All moving at exponential speeds and Vader was able to completely crush them and kill those who were inside, could Doom tank that? Probably..

There's one thing thats absolutely certain that he couldnt take, and that's crushing his internal organs. Whether it's Dooms heart, brain, kidney or lungs.. he'll crush it. Doom does have organs... right?

Vader can do this right upon confrontation and seal that as a W in his book, because afterall.. he is death.

#54 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: dude................bad.ass. well played sir. Things are gettin serious in here now!!!!! So kids gloves are off now huh? Will have my reply up soon........

#55 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: thanks man i cant wait to see what your master plan is! I know you have one :D

#56 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: thanks man i cant wait to see what your master plan is! I know you have one :D

MUAHAHAHAHA..................well, kinda. Sorry haven't posted yet.......kickin it with my son today and wife is at work. Probably won't reply until tomorrow when I am in my office at work. But oh boy, is it gonna be a doozy!!!!!! BTW, you are doing a fantastic job here man, very well done......for sure this is Epic! Glad we chose to d o this!

#57 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

MUAHAHAHAHA..................well, kinda. Sorry haven't posted yet.......kickin it with my son today and wife is at work. Probably won't reply until tomorrow when I am in my office at work. But oh boy, is it gonna be a doozy!!!!!! BTW, you are doing a fantastic job here man, very well done......for sure this is Epic! Glad we chose to d o this!

It's all good man, take your time and do what you gotta do. I cant wait to see man, this is by far my favorite debate so far and its already a classic. Thank you for that too man, that means a lot

#58 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@iragexcudder said:

It's all good man, take your time and do what you gotta do. I cant wait to see man, this is by far my favorite debate so far and its already a classic. Thank you for that too man, that means a lot

dude.......................

#59 Posted by darklordofthesith1 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

darth vader wins his mastery of the dark side is far more superior than doom's powers

#60 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklordofthesith1: please wait until the debate is over to state your opinion here. This is a CAV bud, 1 on 1.

#61 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: I finally replied in everything else I need to. Bringin it back to you tonight pal, get ready!!!!!

darth vader wins his mastery of the dark side is far more superior than doom's powers

dude, you're a total Star Wars Fanboy Troll. Please refrain from commenting on this until voting time.

#62 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: ahhhhh I can't wait dude! My response might take a tad bit of of time because I have a few other posts to tend to first but take your time, you know that bud:D

#63 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

@cosmicallyaware1: ahhhhh I can't wait dude! My response might take a tad bit of of time because I have a few other posts to tend to first but take your time, you know that bud:D

ok buddy, time for a reply here!!!!

As the Battle goes.................

so now we're really getting into it huh? fantastic. So you have eluded that I have a "master plan"? well not as epic as you might've though....but yes.

The purpose of the fodder was really for Doom to gauge Vader and study him (and if an added bonus....wear him down slightly). Doom has exhibited the ability to instantaneously utilize his genius and learn from quick observation. That is what he does here, he learns of the Force abilities and Vader's fighting techniques as he spies on Vader from within the facility's shields. He even learned master sorcery from Dr.Strange just by watching the magic being casted.

Once he sees the Fodder, he'll know exactly where Doom is (from him creating them and thus sending them out) from his telepathy and find Doom much easier than you thought

Cool. Once again, the real purpose wasn't really to hide from Vader.....just to give Doom an extra bit of time to amp himself up a bit (like I said, bolster his shields a bit and make some modifications to his armor) and learn more about his foe. Doom is very, very calculating and goes to any measure to ensure victory.

Vader tapped into Lukes mind and gained information from him in the process.

Gotcha, I know you didn't say that he was going to do this, but let's just be clear............this technique will not work on Doom if you try it. Period.

Just sayin.............don't go there. And Emma is one heck of a Telepath, sooooo....................................moving on......

Vader is definitely going to get to Doom. He'll blow through the fodder to make his way towards Doom is. Whether he's a mile or two miles apart, Vader is going to confront him.

Agreed. Counting on it, Doom would not have it any other way!!!!

Doom also has never been choked by a force of the universe, has he? Vader has some serious power behind his force choke and it doesn't need as much concentration as you think

No, can't say that he has......but as far as that concentration thing? here.... this is straight copied from Wookieepedia (Star Wars Wiki) on the Force Choke entry:

"Most individuals needed only a live visual of their victim in order to perform the technique. Darth Vader demonstrated this by choking Admiral Kendal Ozzel over a viewscreen, even though the admiral was on the bridge and Vader was in his meditation chamber. However, this ability requires extreme focus upon the object at hand, any break of concentration and the choke would be removed and the target's freedom of movement restored."

So onto the next point.

Vader is extremely fast as I've mentioned. He's reacted and fought with Sentry but that doesnt mean he cant still be surprised by Vader

True.

It's very important however to keep in mind Doom's Durability and Shielding. And we have never gotten into his offensive capabilities such as added Tech goodies, blasting prowress, or his mystica arcana skills (such as crimson bands of cyttorakk), and there is always his power siphoning capabilities.

Actually let's discuss that real quick before get into the confrontation itself..........can Vader's Force energy be leeched away from him?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force

because Doom's Armor's energy siphoning capabilities have been able to do quite the array of tasks from leeching energies such as that from the Silver Surfer (Power Cosmic), Franklin Richards (Mutant Reality Warping), and Mystic Energies. Could that work on the Force as well if directed at him in varied forms? Interesting.

and now without any further delay...........

The Confrontation!!!!!

Let me state 3 main reasons why Doom will be victorious in this.

1.) Blasting Power and Tech "Goodies"

Doom has offensive capabilities in the potency of his blasts and in the added technological wonders of his armour to cause Vader substantial damage if not put him down. Yes, aware of his damage soak. Doom's abilities high enough calibur to take Vader, will illustrate below:

1. blasts harm Magus w/ IG and Adam Warlock 2. projects forcefield only hulk and ecapsulates in bubble to restrict movements 3. molecules expander tech, encompasses Vader 4. blast harms/stuns Surfer 5. Chrome Bomb incapacitates 6. random blast example 7. vs. Thing....put him down 8. vs Grey Hulk, scambled Nerve impulses..... Surfer, Thing, and Grey Hulk all have higher durability/damage soak than Vader

and then there's always the battle with hulk

and he's done excellent reaction time using and firing blast such as this example with Spidey

2.) Mystical Support

Doom has significant command of Arcane Energies and Spells that he can use on Vader offensively and defensively that Vader cannot defend from

1. froze blade in place w/ spell, notice only raise of hand 2. crimson bands of Cyttorak against Strange 3 - 4. mystics 5. mystics vs Avengers 6. mystics vs. Sentry incapacatate

3.) Damage Soak and Sheilds

Here's armor damage soak capabilities;

1. survives atomic grenade 2. tanks lightning attack from Storm 3. 3-5. vs torch's blasts and heat 6. tanking cyclops optic blast at very close range, laughs it off and isn't even fazed. even more impressive is the fact the cyclops blast produce substantial force...and doom didn't budge an inch, he should've been driven back many feet at that range. 7. tanks explosive warheads touching at point blank range

and once again THOSE SHIELDS!!!!

1. tanking hit from Infinity Gauntlet. Once again the INFINITY GAUNTLET. Think he can handle a Lightsaber, Vader's not getting through those Shields no matter what argument you may bring about slicing power/heat. 2-3. shields protecting from an attack/energy output from the Beyonder that KO'd Galactus and not Doom. 4. tanking Blastaar's blasts point blank range.

and with all that Bro, I just say that Doom is walking away from a battle with Vader victorious. He can take any attacks that Vader can throw out. From Force attacks and Lightsaber output, and return in kind with blasting output and spell capability that Vader does not have the ability to shrug off.

Plus Doom has a far wider array of secondary weapon systems in his armor that will seal the deal that provide too much versatility for Vader to compensate with.

and i believe with all that, I can call this a wrap bro. You got anything else?????

#64 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: all done editing previous post bro, back to you buddy.

#65 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: oh boy, looks like this is my last post

So the objective at hand was to create senseless fodder just for Doom to watch how Vader PWNS. The odd, weird thing about it is why would Doom be watching Vader through the process when he's bloodlusted? He has enough knowledge on Vader already for a study to be unnecessary due to the fact that when this match started, it was in Dooms favor. Doom has battlefield experience in the map and IMO wouldn't study Vader through the fodderized opponents because Doom is bloodlusted and so is Vader. I don't quite see Doom using all his plans to work here, even if he can magically spawn both fodder and smart fodder and want to go in a different direction of a battlefield so he can try and build a city to keep Vader out.

The purpose of the fodder was really for Doom to gauge Vader and study him (and if an added bonus....wear him down slightly). Doom has exhibited the ability to instantaneously utilize his genius and learn from quick observation. That is what he does here, he learns of the Force abilities and Vader's fighting techniques as he spies on Vader from within the facility's shields. He even learned master sorcery from Dr.Strange just by watching the magic being casted.

See I dont think a bloodlusted Doom would do this. He already knows the task at hand and wouldn't really just have this master plan you've unfolded to me. Doom is smart yes, but he's completely and utterly ruthless given these circumstances and wouldn't take time to go through the process of which you've shown. Sure he might get a few but to one of whom is already out of character, it wouldnt really happen. It's basically like you've given Doom prep and have been playing cat and mouse with Vader.. but I see the outcomes of these plans a tad bit obtuse.

Gotcha, I know you didn't say that he was going to do this, but let's just be clear............this technique will not work on Doom if you try it. Period.

Never said it was going to work on Doom. Nor would I even try it. Vaders only using his telepathy to find exactly where Doom is based off the fodders only mean of knowledge. Vader would tap into the fodders mind and obtain the whereabouts of where Doom is before he can build and do everything you want an out of character, bloodlusted Doom to do.

No, can't say that he has......but as far as that concentration thing? here.... this is straight copied from Wookieepedia (Star Wars Wiki) on the Force Choke entry:

"Most individuals needed only a live visual of their victim in order to perform the technique. Darth Vader demonstrated this by choking Admiral Kendal Ozzel over a viewscreen, even though the admiral was on the bridge and Vader was in his meditation chamber. However, this ability requires extreme focus upon the object at hand, any break of concentration and the choke would be removed and the target's freedom of movement restored."

Loading Video...

Well, yeah.. thats still impressive that he's tapping into the force from an uncertain amount of miles away and he Force Choked Ozzel from the Star Wars version of skype. Vader and Doom aren't playing any chat roulette so yes, i think that thousands and thousands of miles (maybes hundreds) would have to have some sort of Concentration to do such a task. Plus, Vader and Doom are both bloodlusted and 1 mile apart so it's not like he would let go while force choking and wouldnt have the least bit of concentration problems with doing so.

because Doom's Armor's energy siphoning capabilities have been able to do quite the array of tasks from leeching energies such as that from the Silver Surfer (Power Cosmic), Franklin Richards (Mutant Reality Warping), and Mystic Energies. Could that work on the Force as well if directed at him in varied forms? Interesting.

Hasn't he had prep to do each and every one of those feats though? He can't just walk up to anyone he wants, especially when the power is foreign, and decide to just steal it. He would have to go into a numerous amount of calculations and properties to even get the right outcome to manipulate the force and steal it for that matter.

THE CONFRONTATION

Now, you do have 3 viable ways of defeating Vader here. There's no doubt in my mind that Vader is in an uphill battle here, from the terrain to the mystic abilities to the sheer power output that Doom embraces. His shields are quite impressive, but Vader is full bloodlust and wants to eat Dooms face off cuz hes just weird like that. (jk) But with all seriousness, with Vaders deflection capabilities and utilizing his speed properly, I'm more than positive that he can swiftly move around Doom and do what needs to be done. Vader wants that kill, Vader is going to get it.

Vader doesn't need to try to get up close and personal with Doom to kill him. Vader can target organs with the help of his force and nullify his opponents completely in the process. Right when Vader sees Doom, he's going to know exactly how to kill him (given the full knowledge he has on him) and target Dooms heart or brain to completely crush it to smithereens and make it look like soup in his brain or chest cavity. Sure, Doom has a lot of exterior tech that can definitely give him the advantage in the durability section, but Vader can and will kill him by some internal warfare thanks to the Force.

Vader doesn't need any concentration and is bloodlusted to the extreme here, so theres no stopping of an instantaneous kill given to Doom, with love.. From Vader. Doom has too many mystic properties and energy projection weaponry for Vader to make this a 1 on 1, physical battle. Vader is going to tap into the Force and crush Dooms vital organs solidifying a complete and disturbing death. Given if Doom does in fact shoot back any sort of projection in the process, Vader will easily react to it and merely Force Push it away or dodge his projections and do what needs to be done to give him the win here.

I had a phenomenal debate with you Cosmic, it has been my most favorite debate throughout the many i've had and regardless of who the victor is, it was amazing. Thank you buddy!

#66 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: awesome man! Yeah, I'm pretty much done here, don't want to drag it out or go in circles.

I do want to just respond to a few of your points and then open to voting if that's good with you?

So the objective at hand was to create senseless fodder just for Doom to watch how Vader PWNS. The odd, weird thing about it is why would Doom be watching Vader through the process when he's bloodlusted? He has enough knowledge on Vader already for a study to be unnecessary due to the fact that when this match started, it was in Dooms favor. Doom has battlefield experience in the map and IMO wouldn't study Vader through the fodderized opponents because Doom is bloodlusted and so is Vader. I don't quite see Doom using all his plans to work here, even if he can magically spawn both fodder and smart fodder and want to go in a different direction of a battlefield so he can try and build a city to keep Vader out

Doom is nothing but calculating man!!! He makes sure he's got every angle covered, and could never be too cautious. He goes for the complete win and ensures that nothing stops from that. And once again......the only purpose of that fortress was to keep Vader away from him just for a little bit even....to make sure his armor was tweaked up enough to follow through with plans. The fodder was just for fun really.......

See I dont think a bloodlusted Doom would do this. He already knows the task at hand and wouldn't really just have this master plan you've unfolded to me. Doom is smart yes, but he's completely and utterly ruthless given these circumstances and wouldn't take time to go through the process of which you've shown. Sure he might get a few but to one of whom is already out of character, it wouldnt really happen. It's basically like you've given Doom prep and have been playing cat and mouse with Vader.. but I see the outcomes of these plans a tad bit obtuse

Well, you are entitled to your opinion then bro, that's cool!!!! Didn't you say that you didn't know that much about Doom? He is the "Cat and Mouse" king man.....all about the total domination......

Hasn't he had prep to do each and every one of those feats though? He can't just walk up to anyone he wants, especially when the power is foreign, and decide to just steal it. He would have to go into a numerous amount of calculations and properties to even get the right outcome to manipulate the force and steal it for that matter

Yes and No actually. In the Surfer instance and during secret wars against the Beyonder..........yes prep played the utmost part in that. Since those times however, he has integrated a fair amount of Power absorption tech into his armor itself, so he has a fair degree there. And no you are right about not being able to "just walk right up to anyone he wants".....but if the power is directed at him in some type of way or he gets his hands on you well then he can absorb/diffuse

and another example

and this statement...................

and with that Bro, I'm all done, let's open it up to votes!!! This was a fantastic debate and am honored to participate!!!!

#67 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: very well done! Definitely epic man, kinda got me on the whole energy absorption but it was an excellent debate dude. Win or lose I loved this! Thank you for the epicness brother

#68 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: @cosmicallyaware1:

Well played both sides

however boss Vader is however i feel like he is just playing into Doom's plan even if he was stronger than doom at the beginning Doom will have adapted enough to deal with his force powers

in sum i have to give Cosmic the nod here

#71 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: thanks for the input buddy, cos definitely came to play here

#72 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@oy_the_billy_bumbler @one_tooth_pianist @jokergeist @floopay @dondave @roman_sionis @comicstooge @wolverine08 @dratini1331 @carter_esque @princearagorn1 @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek @killemall @jashro44 @ghostravage @fetts @jedixman @the_imperator @dccomicsrule2011 @juiceboks @deathstroke19 @thetruebarryallen @bullpr @baron_von_santa@morbid_pyro @project_exu @mattman94 @unbreakable_fs4 @humanrocket @oceanmaster21 @juiceboks @allstarsuperman @lol @shot @lukehero @supermanwithatan01 @cdiddyman911 @saren

Voting is underway

#73 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by BlazingNova (10785 posts) - - Show Bio

#75 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by Jacthripper (10532 posts) - - Show Bio

I give Ira the slight win if my vote counts. This is probably the best CAV ive read ever. Each of you had me going at points. Thirty two thumbs up

#78 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: all viners count here buddy, thank you for the vote and I'm happy you liked it:) means a lot dude

#79 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (5723 posts) - - Show Bio

irage

#80 Posted by lol (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic have my vote

#81 Posted by Kingant27 (12196 posts) - - Show Bio

Great argument and scans from both, but my vote goes to cosmicallyaware1, as IMO Doom has had much better feats in the Marvel universe, and not mention, almost anything Vader does, Doom will counter or block it.

Good CAV.

#82 Edited by Veshark (9321 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, very entertaining debate from both participants. I think this debate could've gone on longer though, there were a lot of more interesting alternatives one could explore in this scenario, but it's all good.

Now, as for my vote. While, based off this discussion, I actually believe that Doom possesses the capabilities to win. But I'm going to cast my vote for @iragexcudder here. I just feel like he put up a stronger argument. Perhaps the part that sealed the deal was the internal Force use, which I don't believe @cosmicallyaware1 ever countered. The power-absorption bit for Doom didn't quite convince me; as those scans are all against energies he's arguably familiar with.

Still great job to both of you! (And maybe now you can get back to our debate, Cosmic!!!!)

#83 Posted by oceanmaster21 (11348 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by Lvenger (23306 posts) - - Show Bio

An excellent debate from both sides here. In terms of who I'll give my vote to though, I do feel @cosmicallyaware1 was better on the counter than Irag and thus was able to provide the pertinent scans to rebuke his opponent's point. Of course, this debate could have gone on for longer but for what did happen, cosmic provided the more well rounded case IMO.

#85 Posted by RIKR2 (12842 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by jwalser3 (6104 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikr2: sounds good bud

@lvenger: @oceanmaster21: @veshark: @kingant27: @lol: @baron_von_santa: thank you for the input guys:)

#89 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

First off, very entertaining debate from both participants. I think this debate could've gone on longer though, there were a lot of more interesting alternatives one could explore in this scenario, but it's all good.

Now, as for my vote. While, based off this discussion, I actually believe that Doom possesses the capabilities to win. But I'm going to cast my vote for @iragexcudder here. I just feel like he put up a stronger argument. Perhaps the part that sealed the deal was the internal Force use, which I don't believe @cosmicallyaware1 ever countered. The power-absorption bit for Doom didn't quite convince me; as those scans are all against energies he's arguably familiar with.

Still great job to both of you! (And maybe now you can get back to our debate, Cosmic!!!!)

man, thank you for that excellent feedback!!! I agree that this could've gone on longer and probably should have.....there is a lot more to go into. I kinda wrapped it up due to being in some many other matches and didn't want to drag it out. Felt that t was a good presentation of info though for how short it was and an entertaining read at least!!!

You are right, I didn't give the internal force use the proper attention, I should do that.......I just kind missed it when replying, wasn't intentional.....

so @iragexcudder: awesome responses huh? cool..............

so the vote counts now is:

iragexcudder: 3

cosmicallyaware1: 4

and there's one tie vote (those are always cool actually IMO and respect)

and not sure if @humanrocket: was that a vote man? just making sure........

#91 Posted by Veshark (9321 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 No problem bro, I understand wrapping things up, and it was still a fun read. ;)

#92 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: very awesome responses man! It could've went longer but I had quite a few other matches too lol it was still an awesome debate!

#93 Posted by One_Tooth_Pianist (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: @cosmicallyaware1: based off tactics and versatility irage won this. Internal force choke on the organs gave him the win and Vader speed. This was a 10/10 debate and both debaters did phenomenal.

#94 Posted by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by One_Tooth_Pianist (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5838 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: very awesome responses man! It could've went longer but I had quite a few other matches too lol it was still an awesome debate!

indeed!!!!

so the vote counts now is:

iragexcudder: 4

cosmicallyaware1: 4

tie: 1

not sure vote (humanrocket): 1

#97 Edited by dondave (39917 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder gets my vote.

Even Palpatine, one of the greatest Dark Force users to date, couldn't even notice the threat that sat underneath his throne.

I would like to point out that Vader didn't sense the bomb under the throne before Sidious. Sidious knew about it the entire time and allowed Vader to save him.

#98 Edited by Iragexcudder (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: thank you for the vote buddy:)

I thought it was an assassination attempt? Well, thank you for clarifying that:)

#99 Edited by cdiddyman911 (2755 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I thought this debate was absolutely fantastic! I loved it the whole time and it's definently in the top 5 debates I've seen. All in all though I have to give it to @cosmicallyaware1 here. @iragexcudder you did a absolutely fantastic job but honestly seeing how Doom in real life has the obvious upper hand it was easier for cosmically to just counter everything you said and make his strategy that much better. He was like a boa constrictor, everytime you inhaled he just squeezed tighter. That being said you did wonderful and definently put up a fight. Stupendous job fellows :)

#100 Posted by dondave (39917 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder It was an assassination attempt. However, Sidious knew of the plot and let it happen anyway so that Vader would try to save him.