CaV Clark_EL ( Sinestro & Hal ) VS ThunderGodsWrath ( Thor )

• 152 results
thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By thanosii

@clark el - my vote for thor was that you used a nuclear bomb to show gl durability while thundergodswrath used planet busting attacks its just seems like thor would one shot these guys. I am open to change if u can put up better scams and arguements but as is MM breaking sinestros hand looks bad for you. The only feat is the Krona scan and your opponent put that up

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#102  Edited By Lvenger
@ThunderGodsWrath:  There are just 2 things I'd like to correct you on. One is related to the debate, one isn't. Firstly, Thor only managed to kill Glory with an amp from TOAA whilst he only killed Mangog when in possession of the Odinforce. Those aren't standard Thor feats. Secondly Hal would have far less trouble beating Hulk than Thor. Hulk may be stronger but he's less versatile. Hal can BFR him in a standard fight with ease and without it can still muster up enough willpower to damage the Hulk.

@Clark_EL: That is a good feat but Thor has far more impressive damages against those kind of beings. Granted if Hal could get close enough it would spell trouble but it's a case of Hal mustering the willpower to do it. Earlier he struggled to harm Krona but put more willpower into the blast that killed him. Plus you could have mentioned Hal turning invisible. He does that in a Pre Flashpoint issue of JLA. Overall I would have gone down the versatile path to make a case for Hal  
SuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By SuperHulk8642

Thor wins but not easily

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By jwalser3

@SuperHulk8642 said:

Thor wins but not easily

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By Clark_EL

@GodDamnIronMan: What do you want me to do...I gave arguments and scans to back them up.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Clark_EL

@thanosii said:

@clark el - my vote for thor was that you used a nuclear bomb to show gl durability while thundergodswrath used planet busting attacks its just seems like thor would one shot these guys. I am open to change if u can put up better scams and arguements but as is MM breaking sinestros hand looks bad for you. The only feat is the Krona scan and your opponent put that up

I didn't want to put the scan back up....he himself said Krona was a Thanos level being....Thor has lost to Thanos while in warriors madness and with the power gem. On the other hand Hal beat Krona using his maximum willpower and with the help of Sinestro I think they can beat Thor due to Speed, numbers, and energy attacks. Also Sinestro din't even get to do anything to MM, no beams no constructs it looks pretty stupid, Sinestros been shown to be a lot smarter than just attacking and not thinking through especially with just a punch.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Clark_EL said:

@GodDamnIronMan: What do you want me to do...I gave arguments and scans to back them up.

Easy pal, I just said that ThunderGodsWrath did a better job then you did. nothing bad about you, you did a good job too.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Clark_EL: i vote for you, i think hal vs thor hal wins 6/10 so with sinestro id say GLs win 9/10

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok here's the extended response:

Thundergod did well in showing how physically outmatched Hal and Sinestro are here. As well as plainly showing who has the more power of the three. By comparison, Clark didn't quite match the feats (except for the Krona buster) and failed to use the two to one advantage that his team has over Thor. Thor can't defend against both of them and keep offense going at the same time. Thundergod did well showing how Thor can break the constructs created by either, and even more easily break the ring wielders. Clark posted some good scans and did well showing that the rings power makes sure that Thor doesn't want to get hit by some of the blasts or constructs they produce, that's for sure, but Thundergod also brought up draining. For which I didn't see any defense against. And more than enough raw power scans to break the constructs made. Overall I was just more inclined to believe that Thor would break them before they sliced him in halkf or blew him up or something. Something Thundergod could have brought up was some more Thor defensive capabilities. But with a high powered offense like he showed, he'd be able to break the lantern's defenses before they took him down for lack of defense. /shrug. You both did really well, that was just my two cents and who I thought deserved the victory. I know I'm a big time Thor fan, but if there's something I hate, it's a popularity contest. I genuinely keep my bias out of these things because I hate it when someone votes based only on character preference and not on the arguments presented. Good job both of you. Hope to read some more of your debates in the future.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By New_World_Order

@Lvenger said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: There are just 2 things I'd like to correct you on. One is related to the debate, one isn't. Firstly, Thor only managed to kill Glory with an amp from TOAA whilst he only killed Mangog when in possession of the Odinforce. Those aren't standard Thor feats. Secondly Hal would have far less trouble beating Hulk than Thor. Hulk may be stronger but he's less versatile. Hal can BFR him in a standard fight with ease and without it can still muster up enough willpower to damage the Hulk.@Clark_EL: That is a good feat but Thor has far more impressive damages against those kind of beings. Granted if Hal could get close enough it would spell trouble but it's a case of Hal mustering the willpower to do it. Earlier he struggled to harm Krona but put more willpower into the blast that killed him. Plus you could have mentioned Hal turning invisible. He does that in a Pre Flashpoint issue of JLA. Overall I would have gone down the versatile path to make a case for Hal

Thor only got a amp in the second fight with Glory. The second fight Glory split into 4 creatures, and was defeating Thor, until a girl prayed to TOAA to help Thor. The first fight where Thor pulled off all those impressive feats were by his own power. Winds from 1000 worlds? Thor. Redirecting attack? Thor. Durability? Thor. Thor always fights cosmic being's, Skyfathers, and other extremely powerful beings, so I don't see why it's hard to believe. This is what a strike from Thor did to Odin, in Fear Itself. No amping at all. Thor just smacked down the dude who steps, physically stomp Thor easily and repairs planets, shakes universes with his fights, and tanks attacks from Silver Surfer & Thanos at the same time with absolute zero damage.

Odin even yells out in pain "Buuuwh", and drops to his knees.

Mangog was killed by Thor shooting the Anti-Blast inside his mouth, since his outside body was too durable. Without the use of the Odin Force. I don't even know where you got that from. He used the Anti-Blast. A blast as hot as a star, and can tear planets apart.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By 18hunt

@jwalser3 said:

@SuperHulk8642 said:

Thor wins but not easily

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By oceanmaster21

it wud be a long fight but lanterns wud win and lets not forget anybody whos worthy can pick up the hammer now check this out since the lanterns use the rings for pratically everything cudnt hal take thor hammer from him using his constructs and put it in a bubble hardlike construct then what and hal is very capel of doing that then once that happens thor wont have anything but is fist and that wont matter to much against to lanterns

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By oceanmaster21

and that comic issue was dumb bc in a real fight sinestro wud def give martion a hard fight

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Thor is arguably wonder woman and superman's equal, and seeing how easily they took out Hal in New52 JL, I don't see how thor would have too much trouble.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Clark_EL

@TheGodofThunder: Against two top tier Green Lantern's

@oceanmaster21: Thank you

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By oceanmaster21

THOR IS A LIL WEAKER THAN WONDERWOMAN JUST BY A BIG BUT HE CAN PASS HER ALSO IN STRENGHT BUT THEY BROKE HAL CONSTRUNCTS BC HE WASNT TRYING HE WAS TRYING TO GET THEM TO CALM DOWN BUT IF HE WAS BLOODLUSTED THEY WUDNT HAVE BROKEN THREW THEM SO EASILY AND THE FACT U GOT SINESTRO IN THERE TO YEA THOR PUT UP A FIGHT BUT HES GOING DOWN

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Clark_EL

@oceanmaster21: I agree with everything except I'd say Thor would beat WW.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Clark_EL

@Fernando072295REBORN: Nice post :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Lvenger

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Lvenger said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: There are just 2 things I'd like to correct you on. One is related to the debate, one isn't. Firstly, Thor only managed to kill Glory with an amp from TOAA whilst he only killed Mangog when in possession of the Odinforce. Those aren't standard Thor feats. Secondly Hal would have far less trouble beating Hulk than Thor. Hulk may be stronger but he's less versatile. Hal can BFR him in a standard fight with ease and without it can still muster up enough willpower to damage the Hulk.@Clark_EL: That is a good feat but Thor has far more impressive damages against those kind of beings. Granted if Hal could get close enough it would spell trouble but it's a case of Hal mustering the willpower to do it. Earlier he struggled to harm Krona but put more willpower into the blast that killed him. Plus you could have mentioned Hal turning invisible. He does that in a Pre Flashpoint issue of JLA. Overall I would have gone down the versatile path to make a case for Hal

Thor only got a amp in the second fight with Glory. The second fight Glory split into 4 creatures, and was defeating Thor, until a girl prayed to TOAA to help Thor. The first fight where Thor pulled off all those impressive feats were by his own power. Winds from 1000 worlds? Thor. Redirecting attack? Thor. Durability? Thor. Thor always fights cosmic being's, Skyfathers, and other extremely powerful beings, so I don't see why it's hard to believe. This is what a strike from Thor did to Odin, in Fear Itself. No amping at all. Thor just smacked down the dude who steps, physically stomp Thor easily and repairs planets, shakes universes with his fights, and tanks attacks from Silver Surfer & Thanos at the same time with absolute zero damage.

Yes that's what I meant. And he never beat Glory with all those impressive feats in the first fight now did he? Glory was totally owning him as you admitted in that post and the whole argument still shows Thor doesn't do too well against skyfathers on Glory's level. As for why it's hard to believe it's because you pick Thor's feats when he's amped or has OF to use in some parts of your argument. As for the Odin one, come on now that's a clear sucker strike. And you then ignore the fact Odin stomped Thor into the ground afterwards. That's no way to put him higher than SS or Thanos when you lowball those 2 in comparison to their showings against Odin. So it's flawed needless to say

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Mangog was killed by Thor shooting the Anti-Blast inside his mouth, since his outside body was too durable. Without the use of the Odin Force. I don't even know where you got that from. He used the Anti-Blast. A blast as hot as a star, and can tear planets apart.

Just checked and you are right in that instance. But he came back from that. Plus really? Another planet busting feat? Note the planet's integrity and you'll see it's not anywhere close to planet busting. Powerful yes but not planet busting

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Clark_EL

@thanosii said:

Also GL's have held supernovas so...

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By thanosii

pre crisis not post doesnt count here

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By New_World_Order

@Lvenger: You seem to be lacking knowledge on these events. Thor was not amped in any of those appearances ! Did you get that? He was not AMPED ! Mjolnir has hurt Skyfather beings numerous of times ! A sucker punch doesn't mean nothing, your durability is the same ! Thor is always shown hurting powerful beings. The Collector, Odin, Surtur, Larufey, Glory, Galactus, ect. Green Lanterns are not that powerful, Hal was recently shown to get easily bloodied by WW.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By New_World_Order

This debate is over, so there is no point in me debating in this now.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Esquire

@Killemall said:

There are old scans of Thor flying three times the speed of light, some even better, it has however been retconned now and he can only fly at Mach 32 on normal space, and pretty much unbound speed once he enters hyperspace.

Do you happen to know when he got retconned to Mach 32 specifically? That would be great to know for future reference. Thanks!

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

How is this over the debate is about even with about equal voters on each side.

Avatar image for mr_avacadomonkey
Mr_Avacadomonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for Hal and Sinestro!

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Clark_EL

@Mr_Avacadomonkey: Well technically you vote for me, but thanks anyways.... Also here is a better quality version of that picture.

No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Killemall

@Esquire said:

Do you happen to know when he got retconned to Mach 32 specifically? That would be great to know for future reference. Thanks!

We dont know for sure, Marvel has moved from 2002 into realm world logic, so pretty much no one in Marvel's real space is FLT. Silver Surfer isnt FLT without hyperspace, neither is Galactus.

That part comes from Avengers Roll Call i posted a few pages ago.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Esquire

@Killemall said:

@Esquire said:

We dont know for sure, Marvel has moved from 2002 into realm world logic, so pretty much no one in Marvel's real space is FLT. Silver Surfer isnt FLT without hyperspace, neither is Galactus.

That part comes from Avengers Roll Call i posted a few pages ago.

Ah, must have missed your post. I'll go find it. Thanks!

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By oceanmaster21

the debate was good i vote the lanterns wud win but let me you what if it was thor and beta ray bill vs hal jordan and yellow lantern sinestro

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Clark_EL

@oceanmaster21: Ok...Thor and BRB would win....probably

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By oceanmaster21

i say sinestro wins hal probally died during the fight but sinestro will stay alive and make sure he wins

Farwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#133  Edited By Farwind

Hmm, this is a hard match to consider, mainly because of the major differences in strength and ability of the characters under different writers. For Hal and Sinestro, we do have the fight with Krona. Thor however, has the power-draining abilities which make me hesitate in putting my vote for the lanterns.

As far as the debate itself goes, The argument for Thor was much more cohesive and understandable, while the argument for the lanterns was a bit more jumbled and inconsistent in presentation. However, excellent points were presented on each side.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to whether Thor can absorbed the power of the Green Lanterns. If he has no difficulty doing so, then It's Thor's win.

However, I'm unconvinced that he could (though I consider it probable, I didn't see a specific argument for why, with the specific source of the lanterns power being what it is, he could do so).

Therefore, I think my vote has to go to the Green Lanterns.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that outside of this debate, my knowledge of Thor is minimal, while I used to read Green Lantern comics. So there is probably a little bias there. Most my knowledge of Thor comes from the movies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Lvenger

@Farwind: This is about who you think debated better. not who you think would win

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Lvenger: You seem to be lacking knowledge on these events. Thor was not amped in any of those appearances ! Did you get that? He was not AMPED ! Mjolnir has hurt Skyfather beings numerous of times ! A sucker punch doesn't mean nothing, your durability is the same ! Thor is always shown hurting powerful beings. The Collector, Odin, Surtur, Larufey, Glory, Galactus, ect. Green Lanterns are not that powerful, Hal was recently shown to get easily bloodied by WW.

Let's keep things civil, that was not my intention of the last post. My point was that Thor never whips out these attacks against foes like Green Lantern. These top tier attacks like Winds of a Thousand Worlds and God Blasts are reserved for Mangog, Galactus and Glory, skyfather or immensely powerful cosmic entities. He never pulls these attacks out against Hulk, Ultron or Kang. Plot I suppose but it's a consistent feature and it's not unreasonable to assume that Thor will not employ these attacks on the Lanterns. And remember I did vote for you and I do think that Thor can beat Hal. Despite Hal's potential ability to speedblitz like he did Superman, Hal doesn't have consistent enough showings for that. But it is important to note that during Infinite Crisis, Hal's personal aura created by the ring withstood a blow from Superboy Prime, someone who's much stronger than Superman not even including his amped solar suit stats which he was wearing at the time. All the other Lanterns weren't doing too well against Prime as the gruesome artwork showed

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

How is this over the debate is about even with about equal voters on each side.

I meant debating wise, not voting wise.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By New_World_Order

Really not to be saying this, because I want to win, but if this is really for who had the better debate than I think I should be the obvious winner. I showed far more evidence, everything explained with scans, and information. I think you guys are just basing this on who you think would win in a fight.

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137  Edited By Empurios

@oceanmaster21: god blast or time travel or cosmic hurricane

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By oceanmaster21

it was great debate but how about thor vs ohrion no morals period who wins and why

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Really not to be saying this, because I want to win, but if this is really for who had the better debate than I think I should be the obvious winner. I showed far more evidence, everything explained with scans, and information. I think you guys are just basing this on who you think would win in a fight.

Thanks for that!

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Thanks for that!

No problem.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By thanosii

@Clark el is that an admission of defeat

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Clark_EL

@thanosii: I was being sarcastic...

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By TimeLordScience

Are we voting on who debated better or who we think would actually win?

Farwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#144  Edited By Farwind

I understand that. What I was saying was that, based on the information that I observed (combined with what might be a slight bias towards Green Lanterns), I would consider Clark_EL to be the winner. However, as far as organizing and presenting an argument, ThunderGodsWrath was much better.

Also: This was a good debate, I'd like to see you two debate more in the future.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Lvenger

@Farwind: Ah I see. Jolly good then.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#146  Edited By Veitha

I vote for Thor

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By oceanmaster21

the lanterns take it but was good debate

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Clark_EL

I think this was a tie or a win for Good debate and I hope we do more in the future.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL said:

I think this was a tie or a win for Good debate and I hope we do more in the future.

Okay, thanks !

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath: Your welcome