#1 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Werewolf By Night (CadenceV2):

Vs

Moon Knight (Strider92):

Conditions:

• Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Gear (Moon Knight has his Vengeance equipment)
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

Location (Midnight, Full Moon):

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 Let me know if theres anything in the OP you want changed or disagree with!

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: One Change. Midnight with Full moon of course.

#4 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always wondering what Cadence's icon was. Now i know.

#5 Posted by laflux (15045 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice battle.

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Guess i'll kick this off!

I'm not going to lie under normal conditions I would side with WBN if he isn't savage of course (great way for me to start making my case lol) however in this instance Moon Knight has his vengeance gear. Moon Knight does like to take hits and against someone like WBN this is a bad idea however as you are probably aware Moon Knight's vengeance included a set of carbonadium armor. This will mean he can take far more blows from someone a lot stronger than him.

The armor is pretty damn durable we've seen it take machine gun fire and heavy machine gun (like the big military things on helicopters) at point blank range without a scratch:

Suffice to say its really damn durable. He even used it to hold up a building once IIRC.

The initial distance advantage also allows Moon Knight to stick ol'Wolfie with a few crescent darts allowing some damage to be dealt prior to their inevitable close combat confrontation and given his accuracy I don't see Moon Knight missing that bigger target especially as his vengeance gear came with a dart launcher:

When this does make it to close combat its going to be pretty brutal but even given WBN physical superiority we've seen that Marc is pretty damn adept at pressure points:

In the words of Taskmaster!!! "The bigger the enemy the bigger their weak-spots!". Given we've already seen that Marc is capable of harming WBN in a random encounter with his fists: (sorry for them being out of order.....stupid comicvine won't put them the way I want!)

So as that is the case Moon Knight has the durability to take what WBN can dish out as well as having a way to put him down.

#7 Posted by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good

#8 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: lol. My secrete is out.

@strider92:

I'm not going to lie under normal conditions I would side with WBN if he isn't savage of course (great way for me to start making my case lol) however in this instance Moon Knight has his vengeance gear. Moon Knight does like to take hits and against someone like WBN this is a bad idea however as you are probably aware Moon Knight's vengeance included a set of carbonadium armor. This will mean he can take far more blows from someone a lot stronger than him.

Yes, the current WBN is indeed under controlled last seen. The main reason WBN lost to Moon Knight the times he has is becuase....

a) MK had Silver to use with prep.

b) MK always fought a Savage (and unthinking) WBN.

c) MK had backup help in some form.

In this battle it will be hard as their is no silver, no help, and WBN is thinking clearly. :)

The armor is pretty damn durable we've seen it take machine gun fire and heavy machine gun (like the big military things on helicopters) at point blank range without a scratch:

Suffice to say its really damn durable. He even used it to hold up a building once IIRC.

WBN is also very damn durable. I mean like a Werewolf durability should be.

This guy heals from a .38 special Bullet Wound with ease. .38 blow quarter size holes in people.

Then he brushes off Hunting Rifles that bring down Bucks and Bears!

Brushes off Hood's .45s unloading on him.

Jack as a Werewolf auto heals and negates any minor wounds like Buulets, Blades, and Stabs. Only Silver can negate his magical Healing Factor and put him down.

In fact his Magic Healing Works so well it allows WBN to tank blunt force blows like nothing.

WBN gets Blasted out of a window by Glitter Night (GN for short), falls hundreds of feet to the stone below, then hops right back up.

The First Scan shows just How powerful GNs blast are, they can shatter over 5 tons of Boulder.. Second Scan shows WBN walking thru a normal blast and forcing GN to increase it to Boulder Shattering strength to blow back WBN.

His Stamina is not bad either. He swam miles through a stormy Sea with no sign of Fatigue.

WBN can easily out last in Stamina and Durability with his stats and healing factor.

Add to this is the Strength of WBN.

His Claws can cut into Steel. (This is WBN Max which is the Max Verse version, however as with all Max versions, WBN Max overall feats are less than 616 and the graphic are beautiful, so I think it fits in well.)

Here he almost clearly bust through a large steel door.

Here WBN actually rends apart with each attack Pihranna Men.

Also another good showing vs a Steel Door and surrounding Concrete Wall.

Strength Wise he is dominant in this fight.

The initial distance advantage also allows Moon Knight to stick ol'Wolfie with a few crescent darts allowing some damage to be dealt prior to their inevitable close combat confrontation and given his accuracy I don't see Moon Knight missing that bigger target especially as his vengeance gear came with a dart launcher:

When this does make it to close combat its going to be pretty brutal but even given WBN physical superiority we've seen that Marc is pretty damn adept at pressure points:

Granted MK has skills in H2H. No Doubt. However WBN controlled by Jack is a talented Street Fighter and with the stats hang with the better.

This is both battles with Dracula. In the first Match WBN is Savage and Dracula overpowers and maneuvers him.

Next battle Jack has Topaz use her power to let Jack keep his mind while in the Wolf. The battle was so much more harder on Dracula as Jack Skill and Thinking was thrown in with the Wolf's stats.

In the words of Taskmaster!!! "The bigger the enemy the bigger their weak-spots!". Given we've already seen that Marc is capable of harming WBN in a random encounter with his fists: (sorry for them being out of order.....stupid comicvine won't put them the way I want!)

Im not sure how well the Pressure points would work. WBN does have a Dog Physiology and its clear his blood vessels and such are not in the exact same spot. Also the Magical Healing Factor comes into play to make Pressure Points not that long lasted. Its up in the air.

So as that is the case Moon Knight has the durability to take what WBN can dish out as well as having a way to put him down.

The whole fight here.

Key Factors here. Jack is not in controlled of the Wolf.Also WBN suit was getting torn to hell by WBN claws. This is around the same time of the Vengeance Gear as far as I know. Also it took Silver Bullets shot into WBN back from MKs helper to beat Jack here.

This battle will be hard pressing on MK indeed without any silver.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Hah. I'll try and have an argument up tonight or tomorrow at the latest :p

#11 Edited by New_World_Order (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I always thought Moon Knight was awesome. He's my favorite Street Leveler too. Go MOON KNIGHT ! ( Strider92)

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, sorry its taken me so long to reply i've been swamped recently!

Yes, the current WBN is indeed under controlled last seen. The main reason WBN lost to Moon Knight the times he has is becuase....

a) MK had Silver to use with prep.

b) MK always fought a Savage (and unthinking) WBN.

c) MK had backup help in some form.

In this battle it will be hard as their is no silver, no help, and WBN is thinking clearly. :)

Can't disagree with you there. However its also worth noting MK didn't have his Vengeance Gear in those fights which is a considerable upgrade for Marc. Not to mention it incorporates Carbonadium weaponry so while not as effective as silver it should still hurt WBN as we've seen it negate Wolverine's healing factor in the past.

WBN is also very damn durable. I mean like a Werewolf durability should be.

WBN can easily out last in Stamina and Durability with his stats and healing factor.

Strength Wise he is dominant in this fight.

True he is more durable however bullets and bladed weapons do still penetrate and I see no reason why a few carbonadium crescent darts wouldn't at least hinder WBN a little. I can't argue that WBN doesn't have the advanatge in strength because he does. However when that happens (which is quite often) he always uses a mixture of speed and gadgets to get the upperhand:

Demo-Goblin is one of Spider-man's enemies and by constantly moving about and catching him of guard MK was able to lay down quite a fierce-some barrage. As you are probably well aware Moon Knight carries quite a few gadgets on them. If his ultrasonics can effect Hulk i'm sure they should at least dazzle WBN a bit.

Moon Knight's speed I think is quite underrated in most battle threads because he is pretty damn fast something a lot of people don't give him credit for:

Granted MK has skills in H2H. No Doubt. However WBN controlled by Jack is a talented Street Fighter and with the stats hang with the better.

This is both battles with Dracula. In the first Match WBN is Savage and Dracula overpowers and maneuvers him.

Next battle Jack has Topaz use her power to let Jack keep his mind while in the Wolf. The battle was so much more harder on Dracula as Jack Skill and Thinking was thrown in with the Wolf's stats.

While i'm sure Jack can handle himself in a fight however he should still be a far cry from Moon Knight in terms of skill we've seen him decimate Swordsman with ease twice despite the fact Swordsman is not an unskilled opponent:

Im not sure how well the Pressure points would work. WBN does have a Dog Physiology and its clear his blood vessels and such are not in the exact same spot. Also the Magical Healing Factor comes into play to make Pressure Points not that long lasted. Its up in the air.

Although he is in a wolf form he still as a humanoid physiology for example his throat is still in the same place as are his tendons. I don't see why nerve strikes shouldn't be effective. Pressure points aren't really directly effected by a healing factor because when they occur they don't actually damage any bodily tissue just hits it in such a way that it sends the body into shock. Yes WBN would recover quicker than a normal person however it should still effect him given Wolverine has been effected by nerve strikes in the past.

Key Factors here. Jack is not in controlled of the Wolf.Also WBN suit was getting torn to hell by WBN claws. This is around the same time of the Vengeance Gear as far as I know. Also it took Silver Bullets shot into WBN back from MKs helper to beat Jack here.

This battle will be hard pressing on MK indeed without any silver.

I don't disagree that this isn't a hard fight however I think carbonadium should be a solid substitute for silver yes it would be nearly as effective but it should limit Jack's healing factor at least a little, that combined with MK's vengeance aromor for extra durability, other gadgets and fighting style should allow him to get an upper hand.

#13 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic encounter :)

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Im not sure how well Carbainadium will work. It works on Wolverine, yes, however Wolverine is not a Magical Being made by the Dark Hold like WBN. WBN has a magical Healing Factor that only Silver has ever affected. Carbonadium works by affecting the tissue with the radioactivity that hinders, not stops, a Healing Factor. Thats all science. I say this as Ghost Rider for example has a healing factor, its hellfire. Its magical. WBN is empowered by the Dark Hold, he is Black Magic incarnate from the Eldar God Cthon, same being who amped House of M Wanda.

So in short, Magic Healing Factor that deifes science and only rule is weak to Silver leads me to believe that the Carbonadium Weapons of Moon Knight will not be a deciding factor.

Also to point out WBN reaction time in his wolf form is incredible.

After Hangman choked the life from WBN, then sent him crashing into the street below, WBN while dazed and out of it was still able to react. I think even the sonics will only help the barest little with that bestial sense and instinct.

The other gadhets would help Moon Knight, WBN has no toys or tech. What he has is skill and stats.

Here WBN fights the end of his run, and most powerful during the 80s, Ghost Rider. WBN takes the hits and while mindless here still gets around Blazes attacks to over power him.

WBN fights a Train Grizzly Bear by Gypsies that is decked out will Silver Claws.

WBN fights Grey Hulk. All of Grey Hulks attacks could not put WBN down. Meanwhile those claws ripped into Grey Hulks skin that repels Bullets with ease.

This is all mere Savage WBN. The clear thinking Jack Russ WBN is more dangerous.

Jack gave Iron Man a good fight with his skills and thinking along with WBN stats.

Jack easily beats the proven skillful and powerful Sabertooth.

Jack actually with his skill and stats choked out Savage Hulk.

Jack beats back a host of Santtanish's Demons to save Elsa.

WBN Max Jack shows the skills difference between the beast Werewolf and himself as he fights the Vampire and Frankenstein Monster at the same time here.

Jack has skills and given the likes of dracula pause in a fight as I showed in my above posts.

The stats with skill of jack in control should swing this in WBNs favor.

#15 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Oh crap I completely forgot about this sorry! I promise to have a counter argument up tomorrow evening!!!!! (too tired to think now lol)

#17 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So where is the Werewolf in current continuity?

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So where is the Werewolf in current continuity?

No clue, he is a very obscured character and often forgotten about for periods of time like all Legion of Monsters characters.

Popular in the 70s and 80s. Now.... who knows where they are or up to.

#19 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: He was probably chasing the mail man during WWH.

#20 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: He was probably chasing the mail man during WWH.

Or he was in the pound during Fear Itself. A perfect time for a Werewolf character but oh well.

#21 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So his powers are based from the moon. So what would happen if he was in a part of the world where it was a full moon and then king thor destroyed the moon?

#22 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So his powers are based from the moon. So what would happen if he was in a part of the world where it was a full moon and then king thor destroyed the moon?

He be free of his curse I suppose. Yay him.