CaV: Cable_Extreme vs Wolverine08 (Voting Opened)

• 189 results
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cable_extreme: lol. Well this was a crazy coincidence

Yeah, talking to people from canada and the UK then Boom someone like 10 miles from my house lol

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Zmasonite

@cable_extreme: that's what I'm sayin all these people sayin 'mate' n 'bloody hell'. it's nice to have a respectable viner in the area

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: that's what I'm sayin all these people sayin 'mate' n 'bloody hell'. it's nice to have a respectable viner in the area

Ditto

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#154 god_spawn  Moderator

@cable_extreme: Better descriptions. I'm not exactly following the reasons behind somethings you said and presented. So cutting a car in half is impressive for the blade, yet you also mentioned something of it being a strength feat. Is it? Is it not just the sharpness of the blade? Wolverine isn't much stronger than Slade, but does that mean every time he cuts someone like Thor, Hulk, Namor etc, it's a testament to his strength, or the adamantium? Most likely not the 2 ton strength. Slade is superhuman because he dodges Starfire's shots. Do you know how accurate Kori is? She's powerful, but I don't recall her being a crack shot. Even Nightwing has been able to dodge her blasts, so a capable street leveler can. And Nightwing isn't superhuman. You teeter tottered your feats on some points.

Another thing I saw was I felt like you put 80% of your argument into one thing, that mostly being the blade has reach and will cut the grain. This opens up attacks for the blast staff. Now is this going to happen every time, most of the time, just some of the time, or what? You also said it shouldn't be a problem to open up the suit. The suit can be broken and it doesn't need to be known of, but is it really going to be that easy given the circumstances? You don't see T'Challa's suit cut open or getting overloaded all of the time. And when you throw in the fact T'Challa has a weapon to get rid of yours and make your armor moot, is the reach advantage going to be such a strong advantage?

I just didn't see acknowledgement of his advantages to counter yours at certain points. You focused on only a few set points to bank your argument on. This basically went on to you just re-hashing things rather than progressing things.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@wolverine08: @cable_extreme:

After a long time of thinking and re-reading, I have come to a decision.

I came into this thread, having Deathstroke winning against Pre King of the Dead Black Panther.

But Wolverine08 has convinced me that BP would take a small majority.

So therefore, I am voting for Wolverine08.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@god_spawn said:

@cable_extreme: Better descriptions. I'm not exactly following the reasons behind somethings you said and presented. So cutting a car in half is impressive for the blade, yet you also mentioned something of it being a strength feat. Is it? Is it not just the sharpness of the blade? Wolverine isn't much stronger than Slade, but does that mean every time he cuts someone like Thor, Hulk, Namor etc, it's a testament to his strength, or the adamantium? Most likely not the 2 ton strength. Slade is superhuman because he dodges Starfire's shots. Do you know how accurate Kori is? She's powerful, but I don't recall her being a crack shot. Even Nightwing has been able to dodge her blasts, so a capable street leveler can. And Nightwing isn't superhuman. You teeter tottered your feats on some points.

Another thing I saw was I felt like you put 80% of your argument into one thing, that mostly being the blade has reach and will cut the grain. This opens up attacks for the blast staff. Now is this going to happen every time, most of the time, just some of the time, or what? You also said it shouldn't be a problem to open up the suit. The suit can be broken and it doesn't need to be known of, but is it really going to be that easy given the circumstances? You don't see T'Challa's suit cut open or getting overloaded all of the time. And when you throw in the fact T'Challa has a weapon to get rid of yours and make your armor moot, is the reach advantage going to be such a strong advantage?

I just didn't see acknowledgement of his advantages to counter yours at certain points. You focused on only a few set points to bank your argument on. This basically went on to you just re-hashing things rather than progressing things.

Well, I have no doubt you personally could find faults in my argument and so forth, but the examples you are bringing up about cutting the hulk ect is not information Wolverine08 brought up. I feel a lot of people are going off of thier general knowledge rather than what was brought forth in this debate. If Wolverine would have brought up the points you did, I could see that being a great reason for his victory. However, thank you for this feedback!!! I am writing everything down to work on it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @cable_extreme:

After a long time of thinking and re-reading, I have come to a decision.

I came into this thread, having Deathstroke winning against Pre King of the Dead Black Panther.

But Wolverine08 has convinced me that BP would take a small majority.

So therefore, I am voting for Wolverine08.

Can I ask you what I need to work on?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cable_extreme: I wasn't bringing information up that Wolverine08 did. I was giving examples of what I found to be flawed examples and provided my own reasons of why I think they are flawed.

And you're welcome.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I wasn't bringing information up that Wolverine08 did. I was giving examples of what I found to be flawed examples and provided my own reasons of why I think they are flawed.

And you're welcome.

Ah I see. Argumentative wise, you said to have better descriptions, (I am sorry if I seem a bit thorough) Which part of the debate was lacking in description wise? Also, what do you think was my strongest attribute in this debate (argumentative wise)? Feedback from a seasoned viner is gold to me :D

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Any thoughts @pokeysteve?

"Wow that was some sexy debating" was my first thought lol. I came in thinking Slade should win. I'm undecided now. On to you guys.

I really liked the way Cable organized his first post. He explained what Slade's weapons did and what they were capable of. He did the same for Wilson's powers and abilities. I learned a lot about Deathstroke that I didn't already know. Very well done.

Both of you had a few things I liked and didn't like.

You laid your side out pretty well too but not as good as he did. Your counters were excellent though. You had an answer for everything with a picture included.

If I was forced to vote I'd have to give a slight edge to Cable. He showed that BP's durability is not absolute and that Slade does have the equipment and the stats to do damage while handling a lot of the attacks BP could dish out.

**I would have liked to see Cable show us what Starfire's bolts were capable of which would have reinforced what a great feat taking one is.
**I would have liked to see Wolvie include more on BP's intelligence. He has a brilliant tactile mind in his own right. I wish it would have had it's own section.

Lot of fun to read and thank you for including mean.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I say cable

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Wolverine008

Bump.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 god_spawn  Moderator

@cable_extreme: It's not that the descriptions were "lacking", it's that they didn't match up with the on panel feats and the statements you tried to pass them off for. That would be like using the sword cutting a car in half as a strength feat. I took that as more of just how sharp promethium is in comparison to most metals....which is a lot. That's what I meant when I said better descriptions.

I think you're biggest strength was the organization you put into presenting everything. I had trouble reading W08's posts at times and just thought he was quoting you for some reason. And you don't follow the scan dump= better post rule. You focused on the ones you needed.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow well usually i would leave a longer message but i got to agree with @pokeysteve: so my vote is cable extreme by a small margin. Seeing as how I'm not really reviewing and I'm just saying what pokeySteve said i will point out a few things... One of the other reasons besides pokeysteves reasons is that i felt cable extreme was really on the offensive more and after his first post he put wolverine on the defensive. So i thought it made cable look better by "asserting" himself. TBH it was a great debate. I'm not gonna lie that was really long but it was such a nice debate that once i started reading it i couldn't stop. Congrats to both of you on a job well done!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

Quite a close debate between the two of you. But as to who had the edge, I give my vote just to @wolverine08. I felt he managed to address the arguments Cable presented and gave a wider range of strategies for Panther winning along with better skill and physical showings.

@cable_extreme Since you seem to be looking for feedback, I'll say this for advice. Be careful in hedging your arguments on one particular basis like that car cutting scan along with Deathstroke's agility feats. There are other interpretations and counters that your opponent was able to make back to you and that's why I voted for Wolverine over you. Still, your debating style was very much on the offensive which kept this a close match IMO.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Quite a close debate between the two of you. But as to who had the edge, I give my vote just to @wolverine08. I felt he managed to address the arguments Cable presented and gave a wider range of strategies for Panther winning along with better skill and physical showings.

@cable_extreme Since you seem to be looking for feedback, I'll say this for advice. Be careful in hedging your arguments on one particular basis like that car cutting scan along with Deathstroke's agility feats. There are other interpretations and counters that your opponent was able to make back to you and that's why I voted for Wolverine over you. Still, your debating style was very much on the offensive which kept this a close match IMO.

Essentially this, my vote goes to Wolvie08. Good debate, both of you.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: thank you sir!! This info is really going a long way for me :)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@pokeysteve:Thank you for this feedback, this is precisely what me and Wolverine08 are looking for!!

@deathstroke19: Yes, I agree with you that I went on the offensive, and did so on purpose. If someone is going to make a debate against Black Panther (a character who people generally believe to beat Deathstroke) then you cannot allow them to go on the offensive, or you will lose. lol

@patrat18: @ultrastarkiller: Thank yall for the votes!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry it took me so long to decide my vote, it was a pretty hardly fought debate. @wolverine08 gets my vote. I don't think there is anything else to be said that hasn't been said already, so I'm not going to try.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Gracetrack

As far as the actual debate presentation (i.e. who represented their character and their points more clearly and succinctly), I give the win to Cable. Good job, man. You had me wanting to vote for Deathstroke over BP even if some of your points/feats didn't quite line up with some of the scans you posted, as God_Spawn already mentioned. Simply the way you present your points can go a long way in a debate. You also resisted the urge to drop a lot of scans on us... and I thank you for that. More can be said with a single scan combined with a good description than with a dozen scans that are ambiguous.

As far as who won the battle, however, I give it to Wolverine08 and BP. Congrats, my friend. You just made better counter points overall, even if they weren't presented as well as Cable's. It wasn't a slamdunk victory in my eyes, but you took Cable to task on what seemed to be his primary selling point for Slade, which was the sword/staff + range advantage. I think you did a good job of essentially nullifying it as a key advantage by bringing up BPs use of anti-metal and whatnot.

Nicely done, both of you guys. And thank you. ;)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 I'd like to hear your opinion on this :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

Are you guys tallying this or waiting til the two days are up?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Are you guys tallying this or waiting til the two days are up?

Waiting till two days are up.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

First off @cable_extreme, I do find that your debates are improving greatly. I don't think I have anything beyond what @god_spawn pointed out. I think his points were pretty valid and well laid out.

@wolverine08 for you (these two were mentioned somewhat, but I just wanted to reiterate), the presentation when responding to the various points and showing some more of the tactical/intelligence aspects. You were great at countering what was thrown at you, but the posts were a little difficult to follow at times, and presentation/ease of reading can help to better illustrate your points and bring people to your way of thinking. For the tactical/intelligence side, BP has plenty to pull from, and I think showcasing that a little bit more would have helped to counter the idea that DS is infinitely superior in that arena.

I had to take some time and put some thought into this one, and let me first say, that it was a well fought war of words between you two, and I hate picking one person over the other. In the end, @wolverine08 I think took the debate with the slight edge overall. It was a close one though=)

I do congratulate you both for keeping it civil, and to whoever wins overall, congrats and it was well earned.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve:Thank you for this feedback, this is precisely what me and Wolverine08 are looking for!!

Excellent! You're welcome. I've never voted in one of these before. You guys should get your own weekly or monthly debate on the main page haha.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: yeah, this debate just shot off in a single day lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jashro44

@cable_extreme: @wolverine08: Concerning my view on the debate wyldsong summed it up pretty well.

All though I noticed that wolverine08 mentioned that his computer wasn't letting him format properly, which is fine but for future reference if you have this problem it is best to bold and underline your response to make it easier to read. Also I think a good counter for the reach advantage could have been to bring up that black panthers energy daggers can be fired from the hilt. So Black Panther does have some range as well.

As for Cable pretty much what everyone else has said. Another thing you did was bring up how Cassandra stated inferiority to Slade physically and you said this made Slade was better then T'challa but what were you basing this on? You could have referenced a few feats from cassandra to show she is comparable or suepioer to Black Panther otherwise it just seems like ABC logic.

Also just some corrections but wolverine08 when you were posting showings of the vibranium suit, you posted some scans from AVX but we don't know if black panther is wearing the vibranium suit currently. Also concerning the scans of him beating Kraven it should be noted that is Sergei's son Aloysha (I believe its Aloysha, I do know its one of his sons).

And Cable you posted a scan from marvel comics presents 148 with sabretooth choking black panther, all though thing is that wasn't actually sabretooth. It was a life model decoy, not to mention this took place before the vibranium suit, energy daggers, and anti-metal claws were established as standard gear, and this is what happened on the next page:

No Caption Provided

All in all it was a good debate from the two of you. I think there are a few things you guys could work on but you guys are making improvements.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By visemoon
Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 your argument has convinced me that BP would win

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Is voting still open? if it is my vote goes to you Cable.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: @wolverine08: I'm voting Cable extreme because I thought he really showed of Slade Strength and pain resistance.Plus he also showed that if DS gets one good cut on BP that he'd be able to use he's long range weapons such as Blast staff.So that's why I voted Cable extreme but good job to you both.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Cable_Extreme
darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: I just got done with a research essay, ugh lol. I am not all there ATM lol