• 188 results
#1 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

A fight between two top tier fighters, who will prevail?

Fight takes place here (neither opponent has previous knowledge of the location). They are not limited to a single building.

Representing (Pre-King of The Dead) Black Panther is Wolverine08.

Representing (Pre- Flashpoint) Deathstroke is Cable_Extreme

Important battle Conditions

• No prep.
  • Black Panther has his Vibranium suit, Anti-metal claws, and Vibrainium Daggers.
  • Deathstroke has his Promethium suit, Promethium sword, Promethium Blasting staff, two side arms (guns), and his Explosives.
  • Win by KO/Death.
  • Morals on.
  • They spot each other on top of two separate buildings, and the battle starts 25 feet away.
  • No knowledge of opponent.

Voting rules

• Vote on who debated the best.
  • Provide a reason why (Insertname) won, and also give constructive criticism as to why the other debater lost, and how they can improve.

#2 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 anything else? Open when ready if you wish :D

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme:

Looks great! I'll let you go first. I analyze my prey before I strike :D

#4 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme:

Looks great! I'll let you go first. I analyze my prey before I strike :D

Okay, it might be awhile then, doing a few debates at the same time. probably around 9 pm

#5 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck to both of you guys, this is really a great breakdown you have there.

#6 Posted by OreoAssassin (3988 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable_Extreme is going to have to step up here, as I think this is slightly lopsided. Good luck to you both though.

#9 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Well, here I go (drum roll please).

For my opener, I will explain Deathstroke's arsenal and abilities, provide a tactic for his victory as well as tackle common arguments made for Black Panther. Good luck to you sir, this debate is something I have been wanting to do for awhile, so thanks for the challenge!

Deathstroke's Background

Deathstroke (known as Slade Wilson) joined the army underage, and soon become one of the best and most decorated soldiers in the Army. He was battle hardened by the wars he was in and gathered a lot of military tactics. After that, Slade volunteered for a super soldier program, which was conducted by the Army. The serum hardened his muscular system to effectively make him surpass peak human in nearly every aspect. He left the army and started the life of mercenary and became known as Deathstroke. He has defeated the best of the best, and has made a name for himself as one of the best mercenaries DC has ever seen.

Deathstroke's Weapons/Gear

Deathstroke has many weapons, I will go over the applications of such weapons, and how well he uses them.

Perhaps one of his most famous weapons would be his promethium sword, far more durable than titanium. The blade itself offers a great reach compared to Black Panther's daggers and claws.The cutting power of Deathstroke's sword is perhaps it's most impressive aspect.

Here you see Deathstroke cutting a whole car in half with his sword, it is also a great feat of strength. When you apply this sword to Black Panther's vibranium weave suit, it has the potential of cutting/ripping against the grain. Now since Deathstroke has no knowledge of Black Panther's suit, it is still simply the direction Slade chooses to cut. Keep in mind Deathstroke's cutting power, and add his speed with it. His speed is super human, allowing him to dodge bullets, lazers ect, and he has even shown the ability to deflect bullets with his sword, which shows the weight of the sword doesn't slow down his reaction speed.

So to recap

• Slade's promethium sword is very durable, and gives him a reach advantage.
  • He has shown enough cutting power to get past Black Panther's Vibranium weave suit
  • And he has demonstrated the required amount of speed with his sword to compete with Black Panther's speed.

His next weapon is his promethium Blasting staff will be effective in a few ways.

The sheer amount of concussive force can knock BP back to give Slade some breathing room, and or weaken any points on Black Panther's armor that have been cut by his sword. An example of his staff's shooting ability is when he uses it to completely destroy two helicopters. This shows an incredibly destructive device, and will also be a good thing to surprise Black Panther with.

It can clear pathways for Deathstroke if he ever feels closed in, and he can even use it to help him move around. He uses it to dodge and shoot rocks that are thrown (or guided) to him by Terra. Imagine a wall is in Deathstroke's way, he will not have any problem with being cornered, he can simply use it to create another exit.

His Promethium Suit is great protection, he can still be stabbed by Panther's claws and dagger, but one big factor that gives him an advantage on Black Panther is his armor plus his healing factor. A few examples of his durability/ healing factor taking effect is where his son, riddles a huge amount of bullets into Deathstroke's torso, yet, Deathstroke continues the fight. This shows exceptional pain tolerance as well.

His healing factor is perhaps best demonstrated in this following scan. He is cut open and heals before the scientist eyes.

Deathstroke's Speed

Deathstroke's speed is super humanly enhanced effectively making him faster than any regular human. The main reason is his increased brain function, and it is best explained in these following scans.

Deathstroke's brain can send signals back and forth at a much faster rate than ordinary humans. He see's things faster than ordinary humans by a factor of 9. And when he sees something (according to this scan) there is immediate action.

This next scan explains it even better. Here he explains to the Changeling (aka Beastboy) that before his brain can even command his finger to move up, Deathstroke is already moving it down.

Deathstroke's actual speed feats put him at freakishly fast for a street leveler.

He can dodge bullets with ease, as well as up close machine gun fire from multiple people as seen in the middle scan.

He goes on to even dodge laser blast from Starfire, and laser guns.

So lets recap

• His speed is due to his accelerated brain functions
  • He is able to move his sword with speeds reaching faster than bullets
  • He can even dodge energy blast

Deathstroke can easily contend with the speed Black Panther has.

Deathstroke's Skill

Now the next few scans do involve some prep, however these people know sometimes hundreds of fighting styles, so in H2H, this shows Deathstroke's true skill and fighting ability.

Here he is shown beating Batman in a fairly one-sided fight. At the end of the fight, he said he wouldn't want to verse Batman without his strength enhancements, but who wouldn't Am-I-Right? But in all seriousness, his strength enhancements helped him with this fight, but didn't necessarily allow him to win. Keep in mind this fight involved no prep.

This fight can be similar to Black Panther's fight with Captain America

These nest scans will show Deathstroke going up against teams of meta humans and highly trained combatants.

In these scans he fights the Outsiders, and is a shining example of his ruthlessness.

And this next scan shows his skill when he fights the Teen Titans, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), The Ravager (Rose Wilson), and Nightwing. He has consistently demonstrated his ability to hang with multiple high tier fighters while being immensely outnumbered.

My Ultimate Plan of Attack Muhahahahaha

Tactic- Deathstroke has the gear to control the fight, he can press in for a more aggressive fight, or he can pull back for a more defensive type of fighting. He can do this at any time during the fight thanks to his ranged advantage. His sword is able to cut through cars, and he is able to swing it faster than bullets, so it is reasonable to think that Deathstroke can land hits on Black panther. Deathstroke (with his sword) also has a great reach advantage. He can cut into Black Panthers suit by cutting against the grain, which is simply the direction that Deathstroke chooses to cut. Black Panthers gear has been cut, or torn by many people including Creed, Redskull, IronFist, and much more. So it is reasonable that a top tier fighter would not have too much trouble. Now perhaps the greatest advantage Deathstroke has in this fight would be his pain tolerance and healing factor which will be extremely useful if he gets in a slugging match with Black Panther. Deathstroke can also use other means to hurt Black Panther such as choking him similar to what creed did.

As soon as Deathstroke cut's through Black Panther's suit, or weakens it, he can fall back and use his ranged advantage with his Staff to greatly injured black Panther. Deathstroke has too much going for him this fight for Black Panther to win the majority.

#10 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable_Extreme is going to have to step up here, as I think this is slightly lopsided. Good luck to you both though.

I hope my arguments on this thread can convince people otherwise :D

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: I'm already slightly convinced with the grain slicing thing.

#12 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: I'm already slightly convinced with the grain slicing thing.

Cutting along the grain is overrated. First you have to find it, and then execute the cut, all while he's fighting you. People act like because it's happened a few times before, it will happen in every fight.

#14 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: That's why I said slightly. Leaving room for Wolverine08 to make an argument against that. Thank you for interfering with the debate though, lol.

#15 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: I wouldn't quote what he wrote then. Give Wolverine08 idea's :P

#17 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: I wouldn't quote what he wrote then. Give Wolverine08 idea's :P

Wolverine08 has basically heard my argument before lol, and I have done the same with Wolverine08, it is simply the first CaV match with this battle.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Okay man. Don't come crying to me when its the death of you XD

#19 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@cable_extreme: Okay man. Don't come crying to me when its the death of you XD

lol :D He didn't present anything that alters my argument. And he misunderstands what the grain is, it isn't something you find, it is the direction the vibrainium threads are woven into. You cut it in a certain direction and it will cut.

#20 Edited by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be good. I got respect for both of these debaters, Good Luck @cable_extreme and @wolverine08 ! By the way, nice opening Cable

#21 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be good. I got respect for both of these debaters, Good Luck @cable_extreme and @wolverine08 ! By the way, nice opening Cable

Thank you sure, be sure to stay around for Wolverine08's as well :D

#22 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD LUCK TO YE BOTH! Sorry for being late I've been super busy.

#23 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: oh most certainly. This is one of my favorite debates and imo closer than Cap and Bats and thats CLOSE lol. I'll make sure n stick around for voting lulz

#24 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: oh most certainly. This is one of my favorite debates and imo closer than Cap and Bats and thats CLOSE lol. I'll make sure n stick around for voting lulz

For sure, I'll notify you when voting opens :D

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@zmasonite: Indeed. I always thought a fight between Slade and T'Challa would be relatively close.

#26 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5759 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha NICE cable. I was on your side from the beginning but nice argument.

#27 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha NICE cable. I was on your side from the beginning but nice argument.

Thank you sir :D

#29 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the voting take place in another thread or something? I apologize. I'm not sure how this works on the vine.

#30 Edited by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: After both Viner's hash it out, they open votes. Thread title will be changed to inform other Viner's.

#31 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman said:

Does the voting take place in another thread or something? I apologize. I'm not sure how this works on the vine.

Voting takes place on this thread after we finish the debate. Challenge a viner is where a battle is crafted between agreeing viners and they debate. In the end, the debate is decided by all of you based on whose argument was the best. And no problem man :D

#32 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks

#33 Edited by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme:

Good first response mate! Now, I think Black Panther's gear is going to be his biggest advantage. Breaking it down, he just simply has a higher class of gear than Slade. In reality, T'Challa's equipment makes all of Slade's equipment besides his promethium sword useless.

Vibranium suit:

The suit is durable enough to tank hits from Strom's lightning and redirect it, take an energy blast from the Galactus herald Stardust, and tank hits from a Bloodlusted Iron Fist htting with the force of a freight train, Now I remind you, Iron Fist not Chi amping to his fullest has blown up temples, Helacarries, and trains. Now imagine him bloodlusted. If the vibranium suit can tank hits like that, Slade's blast staff and explosives are going to be virtually useless here. The force his Blast stuff and explosions will create isn't anything that Panther can't just dust off.

The suit has multiple showings of being bulletproof? Slade's

T'Challa shows that his suit is durable enough to tank hits from the amped class 100+ Namor, and he can summon vibranium armor on top of the vibranium suit. The more vibranium the better!

Straight forward stabbing motions don't do anything but break the vibranium weave.

Other Gear: T'Challa's other gear besides his vibranium suit will also be a big help in this fight.

T'Challa's anti metal claws can molecularly cut through ANY metal. Misty Knight has explained it does so by emitting a vibration that weakens the atomic bond between metal and almost instantly liquefies it. Even the infamous adamantium falls prey to anti metal. This means every time Panther goes at Slade, he will be getting stabs in. Slade's healing factor is good, but it's not at the level that stabs all over his body in vital spots from Black Panther will be of no issue.

Black Panther's vibranium daggers will also be a big factor here. They can deaden the nerves in someone's body, are powerful enough to break the skin of the Galactus Herald Terrax, and have a setting that lets them even phase through adamantium. Slade's going to be getting stab by both anti metal claws and vibranium daggers. Not a good combo.

Vibranium soles rob the momentum of a car thrown at Panther by the Hulk.

While Deathstroke Promethium sword will be a good reach advantage that might allow him to stay at range, there is one thing that will stop that strategy from being fully effective. Black Panther's superhuman speed. Deathstroke is indeed fast, but Panther's speed feats show that he is more than capable of closing the gap, and getting in at close range.

Speed:

Even while a plain old unenhanced human, T'Challa evades all of the superhumanly fast Vlad the Impaler's attacks. Impaler is even extremely impressed by Panther's speed.

Panther is fast enough to surprise Spider-Man on two separate occasions with his speed, and outmaneuver The Human Torch.

T'chall is fast enough to run up a building holding a grown man by his hair in less than ten seconds, appear as a blur, and catch up to Sabreooth even when Creed had a huge head start. Victor even notes that he has never seen anybody as fast as Panther.

T'Challa can throw three punches in the time needed for one, effortlessly dodge gunfire, and even catch Wolverine by surprise with his speed.

While Slade is an extremely talented fighter, Panther's skill feats easily match or eclipse his.

Fighting Skill:

Panther beats a bloodlusted Iron Fist.

Brutally beats down Kraven the Hunter.

Makes quick work of a Super Skrull with the combined abilities of Captain America, Shang Chi, Elektra, and even Panther himself. Now that's skill! Also shows T'Challa's brutality.

While a young unehanced man, T'Challa beats his physically enhanced uncle to become king of Wakanda. Also notes that he knows every fighting style in the world.

Beats Captain America, and one shots the highly skilled Inhuman martial artist Krotac who can see weak points on someone's body.

Bests Wakanda's top six warriors. *Read from left to right*

Overall: All in all, T'Challa has multiple things that will let him beat Slade. His equipment will let him tank Slade's equipment like his blast staff, explosives, and guns. His anti metal claws and vibranium daggers will let him get lots of damage on Slade. His speed will let him destroy Slade's reach advantage with his promethium sword while also avoiding the slim possibility of Slade breaking the weave on his vibranium suit and get into close range battle, and Panther's top tier skill will let his blows in close range combat all count. Slade is one of the best, but Black Panther just has too many assets at his disposal for Slade to take a majority here.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5759 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

*Grabs popcorn*

#38 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Scan dumpage ftw.

#39 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm this is weird i posted a message a few hours ago but it never showed up... Anyway i said good luck to ye both. Im looking forward to the debate... I guess its a little late now stupid no showing up message micbobber

EDIT: Never mind. Lol my internets crazy and all the sudden like 30 responses just showed up including mine and wolverines opener. Haha stupid crazy no good cheap wifi micbobber

#43 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: said:

Good first response mate! Now, I think Black Panther's gear is going to be his biggest advantage. Breaking it down, he just simply has a higher class of gear than Slade. In reality, T'Challa's equipment makes all of Slade's equipment besides his promethium sword useless.

Maybe useless, in directly injuring Black panther, but I went over other applications such as using the staff to evade, make exits out of buildings ect.... Also, of Slade manages to cut Black Panthers suit, then the blasting staff becomes extremely effective.

The suit is durable enough to tank hits from Strom's lightning and redirect it, take an energy blast from the Galactus herald Stardust, and tank hits from a Bloodlusted Iron Fist htting with the force of a freight train, Now I remind you, Iron Fist not Chi amping to his fullest has blown up temples, Helacarries, and trains. Now imagine him bloodlusted. If the vibranium suit can tank hits like that, Slade's blast staff and explosives are going to be virtually useless here. The force his Blast stuff and explosions will create isn't anything that Panther can't just dust off.

Iron Fist was not in his right mind, and he also destroyed Black Panther's suit with sheer concussive force. Also the other feats you have listed only prove that his blasting staff won't hurt him right off the bat. Though Slade's sword is more than capable of injuring Black Panther.

T'Challa's anti metal claws can molecularly cut through ANY metal. Misty Knight has explained it does so by emitting a vibration that weakens the atomic bond between metal and almost instantly liquefies it. Even the infamous adamantium falls prey to anti metal. This means every time Panther goes at Slade, he will be getting stabs in. Slade's healing factor is good, but it's not at the level that stabs all over his body in vital spots from Black Panther will be of no issue.

Slade has consistently overcome attacks in "vital" areas. And his healing factor can adapt to certain situations as well. Here is an example of Chesire frying Slade's brain with something that should have killed him, and his brain quickly healed and adapted to the threat.

And he even gets stabbed in vital locations clean through and has shown hardly any effect after.

Black Panther's vibranium daggers will also be a big factor here. They can deaden the nerves in someone's body, are powerful enough to break the skin of the Galactus Herald Terrax, and have a setting that lets them even phase through adamantium. Slade's going to be getting stab by both anti metal claws and vibranium daggers. Not a good combo.

Also, isn't the energy dagger the one that does as you say? I am not sure a Vibranium dagger is the one you are referring to.

While Deathstroke Promethium sword will be a good reach advantage that might allow him to stay at range, there is one thing that will stop that strategy from being fully effective. Black Panther's superhuman speed. Deathstroke is indeed fast, but Panther's speed feats show that he is more than capable of closing the gap, and getting in at close range.

Deathstroke has many speed feats, and to address the one's you have presented.

Even while a plain old unenhanced human, T'Challa evades all of the superhumanly fast Vlad the Impaler's attacks. Impaler is even extremely impressed by Panther's speed.

Deathstroke compares, and presents a yet faster feat of speed. Surprising Vlad, Spiderman and dodging the human torch is great, though Deathstroke dodges starfire's blast and she even compares his reaction speed similar to Kid Flash's whom is a mach speedster (at the time).

Overall: All in all, T'Challa has multiple things that will let him beat Slade. His equipment will let him tank Slade's equipment like his blast staff, explosives, and guns. His anti metal claws and vibranium daggers will let him get lots of damage on Slade. His speed will let him destroy Slade's reach advantage with his promethium sword while also avoiding the slim possibility of Slade breaking the weave on his vibranium suit and get into close range battle, and Panther's top tier skill will let his blows in close range combat all count. Slade is one of the best, but Black Panther just has too many assets at his disposal for Slade to take a majority here.

Black Panthers speed is not to the point that he has an advantage. Deathstroke (as I have shown has similar speed feats) He has tagged "blurred" speedsters on many occasions, so I doubt that even "if" Black Panther has a small speed advantage (which has yet to be proven), that even then he wouldn't have the speed that Deathstroke couldn't contend with.

I would also argue that Deathstroke does not have a slim possibility of slicing through Black Panthers armor, it has been done quite a few times by Iron Fist, Red Skull, Creed ect... Deathstroke's sword is not something that is a harmless threat, he can swing it fast enough to deflect bullets, and strong/durable enough to slice a car in half.

Perhaps one of Deathstroke's best attributes is to fight people that are suppose to wipe the floor with him. His whole character, starting from his debut in Teen Titans he has been a character that defines "mind over brawn". His ability to improvise in any situation affords him the ability to overcome the impossible. An example of this would be him taking advantage of Green Lantern and Aquaman. He sneak shot's green lantern and momentarily blinds Aquaman. This shows that Slade can improvise to overcome a more powerful adversary.

#44 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19 said:

Hmm this is weird i posted a message a few hours ago but it never showed up... Anyway i said good luck to ye both. Im looking forward to the debate... I guess its a little late now stupid no showing up message micbobber

EDIT: Never mind. Lol my internets crazy and all the sudden like 30 responses just showed up including mine and wolverines opener. Haha stupid crazy no good cheap wifi micbobber

Yeah, I have been having some trouble with that as well. Also it takes me awhile before I can upload a picture. I have to try like 5 times before it lets me.

#45 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Excellent response! This is getting better than i hoped.

#46 Posted by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: said:

Maybe useless, in directly injuring Black panther, but I went over other applications such as using the staff to evade, make exits out of buildings ect.... Also, of Slade manages to cut Black Panthers suit, then the blasting staff becomes extremely effective.

That is if Slade does manage to cut the vibranium suit, but I'll get to that later in this post.

Iron Fist was not in his right mind, and he also destroyed Black Panther's suit with sheer concussive force. Also the other feats you have listed only prove that his blasting staff won't hurt him right off the bat. Though Slade's sword is more than capable of injuring Black Panther.

Slade has consistently overcome attacks in "vital" areas. And his healing factor can adapt to certain situations as well. Here is an example of Chesire frying Slade's brain with something that should have killed him, and his brain quickly healed and adapted to the threat.

Oh, I agree that Slade's healing factor is impressive. But my point is that Panther can get clean hits every time he stabs Slade due to the anti metal immediately melting any metal it comes in contact in. This means Panther will be able to get deep shots in every time. Not just one times superficial blows. Slade will be able to shrug it off the first couple of times, but he's eventually going to start slowing down from the damage inflicted upon him. You also have to consider that all of the blows will be liquefying and destroying Slade's armor when they cut him. He'll eventually have several body parts exposed for even more stabbing. And yes, I was referring to energy daggers. My bad.

And he even gets stabbed in vital locations clean through and has shown hardly any effect after.

Also, isn't the energy dagger the one that does as you say? I am not sure a Vibranium dagger is the one you are referring to.

Deathstroke has many speed feats, and to address the one's you have presented.

Deathstroke compares, and presents a yet faster feat of speed. Surprising Vlad, Spiderman and dodging the human torch is great, though Deathstroke dodges starfire's blast and she even compares his reaction speed similar to Kid Flash's whom is a mach speedster (at the time).

Black Panthers speed is not to the point that he has an advantage. Deathstroke (as I have shown has similar speed feats) He has tagged "blurred" speedsters on many occasions, so I doubt that even "if" Black Panther has a small speed advantage (which has yet to be proven), that even then he wouldn't have the speed that Deathstroke couldn't contend with.

I wasn't trying to imply that Panther was faster than Slade. If anything, I would say T'Challa's only advantage over Pre 52 Slade would be his strength. (Knocking out the 10 tonner Man Ape, bulldozing and snapping a rhino's neck, stopping an elephant's charge, almost knocking off Rec Skull's jaw with four punches, etc.) I meant that his vast superhuman speed will be an advantage that he'll be able to avoid most of the explosions from Slade's blast staff, and get past the promethium sword's reach advantage, and get in close range for even more stabs and slashes with the anti metal claws and energy daggers.

I would also argue that Deathstroke does not have a slim possibility of slicing through Black Panthers armor, it has been done quite a few times by Iron Fist, Red Skull, Creed ect... Deathstroke's sword is not something that is a harmless threat, he can swing it fast enough to deflect bullets, and strong/durable enough to slice a car in half.

I would say that Slade's chances of slicing through the vibranium suit aren't that incredible. For one, he'd need to know to go against the grain, and hit the exact spot. Something that will require a lot of luck. Secondly, he'd probably would have to get several slashes in one spot to get a very deep cut in, something Panther is just going to stand there, and let Slade get the opportunity to do.

#48 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff wolverine.

#49 Edited by Wolverine08 (38194 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8166 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: You replied within the quote, so it is kind of hard to identify your words. But I'll do my best.

Oh, I agree that Slade's healing factor is impressive. But my point is that Panther can get clean hits every time he stabs Slade due to the anti metal immediately melting any metal it comes in contact in. This means Panther will be able to get deep shots in every time. Not just one times superficial blows. Slade will be able to shrug it off the first couple of times, but he's eventually going to start slowing down from the damage inflicted upon him. You also have to consider that all of the blows will be liquefying and destroying Slade's armor when they cut him. He'll eventually have several body parts exposed for even more stabbing. And yes, I was referring to energy daggers. My bad.

Do you want me to switch it in the OP? My game plan is going to change a little if you do.

Slade has had his whole body riddled with bullets, which means he can take a lot of damage before even showing signs of slowing down. He was shot by grant well over a dozen times yet continued fighting as if he was relatively unfazed. Due to Deathstroke's reach, and speed with his sword (deflecting bullets as shown in my opener) it is highly likely that he will get more strikes in than BP.

I wasn't trying to imply that Panther was faster than Slade. If anything, I would say T'Challa's only advantage over Pre 52 Slade would be his strength. (Knocking out the 10 tonner Man Ape, bulldozing and snapping a rhino's neck, stopping an elephant's charge, almost knocking off Rec Skull's jaw with four punches, etc.) I meant that his vast superhuman speed will be an advantage that he'll be able to avoid most of the explosions from Slade's blast staff, and get past the promethium sword's reach advantage, and get in close range for even more stabs and slashes with the anti metal claws and energy daggers.

The sword's reach advantage is a big factor here, I have demonstrated Slade's cutting power and speed with his sword. I have even shown him using it when versing the Outsiders team where he viciously cut to people in half with a single strike. I also don't see Black Panther's strength being too much here. Slade can take a beating, especially from blunt force/concussive attacks.

Here is Slade taking a full blast from Starfire, notice he attributes his survival to his powers and not his armor. It is evident from this scan at least that his healing factor plays a big role. Notice that the blast not only knocked him back, but left smoke. It not only is a concussive blast but a heat blast as well. I don't see Black Panther's punches doing much here.

I would say that Slade's chances of slicing through the vibranium suit aren't that incredible. For one, he'd need to know to go against the grain, and hit the exact spot. Something that will require a lot of luck. Secondly, he'd probably would have to get several slashes in one spot to get a very deep cut in, something Panther is just going to stand there, and let Slade get the opportunity to do.

Actually, from my understanding, Black Panther's entire suit is woven vibranium (minus the armor plates), meaning if Slade cuts against the grain, it could simply be luck with the direction he chooses to cut, and thanks to his ranged advantage and around equal speed/skill, he will land more hits. Slade's car separating slash is enough to get past Black Panther's armor if cut against the grain.

Here is another great example of his cutting power, he cut off cyborgs cybernetic arms. It also shows you that he is still very effective in close range fighting with his sword.

Your move.