Bullseye represented by TheDandyMan
Bane (pre-52) represented by username12345
Bane (pre-52) represented by username12345

Construction site
Construction site

Rules:

• Combatants are in-character
  • Combatants have basic prior knowledge but no prep time
  • Bullseye is equipped with an assortment of throwing weapons/projectiles and Bane has access to Knightfall venom
  • Bullseye starts in the blue circle and Bane starts in the red circle
  • Incapacitation, KO or death count as a win
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tags.

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheDandyMan

"Lester" AKA. Bullseye

No Caption Provided

Suck my Bullseye

Little is know about the man who calls himself Bullseye so some of the information given in this paragraph may be inaccurate, this is a mix of how his origin is described from his Marvel Database page and his Wikipedia page.

Now that I've made my little disclaimer, let's get on with the show. Even at a young age, Bullseye was not adverse to killing people. His father was abusive and, in return, Bullseye attempted to be rid of him by burning down their house. The attempt was unsuccessful although did lead to Lester being moved to a foster home and he would shortly later become a baseball player in high school. It turns out this wasn't for him and Bullseye shortly grew bored and killed a batter with the ball while pitching. Perhaps working as an operative for the US National Security Agency would fit his interests? No but close, and after his brief time in the agency he would go on to be a mercenary as many highly-talented supervillains do. Bullseye doesn't kill for money, he kills for fun and has been at odds with many superheroes in the past where he's earned the title of Marvel's greatest marksman.

Skill at Range:

Bullseye's most well know ability is his uncanny accuracy and rightfully so. He's such a good marksman, it would appear as if he was a superhuman and his feats do impress. This is just a starter of his throwing skills, I'll get to the main course in my next post.

1: Have you ever had the problem where someone just won't stop copying you? Well, Bullseye's got an effective solution: shoot them. Here, we see him being capable of shooting every single one of these imposters directly in the head while performing acrobatics. He's able to get a hit on each of the bullseyes marked on their foreheads without fail.

2-3: It's not just short-range Bullseye can do. He aims far in life, specifically two miles. Yep, he's able to hit a guy in the eye riding at full-speed on horseback from two miles away.

4-5: Guns are by no mean the only weapon he can use and even if an opponent is superhumanly durable, that won't stop them from being taken out. He flicks a poison dart into this invulnerably-skinned mutant's ear "just to prove it could be done".

Speed/Reflexes and Agility:

When you regularly face off against Daredevil, you've got to be fast in order to keep up. He's a bullet-timer, he's able to react to a bullet after it's been fired rather than just dodging the marksman's aim, which is not a title I through around loosely and you've got to have a substantial amount of proof of this. Here it is.

1: Bullseye uses his metal handcuffs to ricochet a bullet back to it's firer. What makes this a bullet-timer feat? The gunman would not be aiming for Lester's handcuffs, he would be aiming for Lester's body and his aim could not have been off at such a short distance. So, Lester must have moved his handcuffs in the way of the bullet after it was fired which makes this a bullet-timer feat.

2: Just to back up the previous feat here he does it again, only this time it's even clearer. Bullseye starts with his hands facing towards downwards, the gunman is shown in an entirely separate panel shooting and then Bullseye is shown with his hands facing upwards and the bullet is deflected.

This also means he able to catch projectiles thrown one after another by skilled opponents like Daredevil and Elektra:

He doesn't just dodge the sai and billy club, he catches them in succession.

It's not only his reflexes that are impressive, his travel speed and agility allow him to do some pretty neat tricks.

1: After pushing Elektra off of a building, he's so fast that he actually reaches the bottom before she does and even comments on her apparently slow descent, saying "Took you long enough". In an open area, this speed should allow him to stay ahead of opponents.

2: Dodges a number of Cyclops' optic blasts who can tag the likes of Beast and even the speedster Northstar while being able to fire arrows back. He is, in fact, able to hit his two targets.

Durability/Pain Resistance:

As I've shown above, making contact with Bullseye is difficult enough. If he is hit he can man-up to the damage with his high pain resistance as well as the durability provided by the adamantium laced to parts of his skeleton including his spine, skull and knuckles.

1-3: Moon Knight's crescent darts are stronger than bullets and that's no hyperbole, Marc Spector has been able to slice them in half with the shuriken-style weapon before. Yet Bullseye, apart from making a few sounds of discomfort, has little trouble with these projectiles. To add to this, Moon Knight actually agrees that he can't beat Lester even though he has the stealth advantage he ends up having to blow up his entire base in order to get rid of him.

4-5: Don't get distracted while driving, you could crash into a psychotic assassin and end up being choked to death by them. Bullseye is, to his surprise, run over by a car meaning he had no time to brace himself and is still able to shake it off and strangle this lady (which he isn't able to fully do after being rudely interrupted by Deadpool who runs him over again). The fact that they're on a motorway with no traffic suggests the car was travelling at quite a fast speed.

@username12345, that's my introduction done so...

No Caption Provided

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bane AKA Bane

No Caption Provided

Everyone should know about Bane, he's best known for breaking the Bat after all.

If you don't however, first off shame on you. Secondly, since the day before he was born he was damned to hell on Earth, Santa Priscas prison, Pena Dora. After an attempt on his life, and the death of his mother he abandoned his child like innocence and took to killing at the age of eight. After the death of the inmate he killed he was sentenced to the pit. he had nothing to do but work out, meditate, brood, and train, even inventing his own style of martial arts. After his sentence is served in the pit, he kills A LOT of prisoners. Impressed by this, he is chosen for the famed venom experiment. He fakes his death, escapes prison, and high jinks ensue:

No Caption Provided

Power and strength

Banes, although extremely intelligent, skilled, and fast, most known combat ability is his strength. Off venom, Bane is, as far as I know, the strongest street level character. He can lift about 1500 pounds (680.389 Kilograms). Comparatively speaking the official strength level for Bullseye is 2, Captian america is a level 3 and has only been shown to lift 1100 pounds (498.952 Kilograms) (he could probably lift more, but that is the most that is shown). So in terms of strength Bullseye is no match for Bane.

To reinforce the power of Bane:

Ripped a man apart, who was wearing an exo suit:

That stuff would make Mortal Kombat characters afraid.
That stuff would make Mortal Kombat characters afraid.

He slayed sharks like nothing:

No Caption Provided

Kills a sea creature then bangs Talia:

No Caption Provided
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)

Skills

Despite having so few appearances, he proved him self to be one of the most skilled DC martial artists. Bullseye is no doubt skilled, but based off of Banes fights with similar enemies to Dare Devil (Nightwing) I'd debate that Bane is more skilled.

He one shot Nightwing twice:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After he overcame his addiction to venom, he challenged Azreal to a rematch:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He only escaped via trickery (trying to convince him to use venom then jumping off a cliff)

He defeated his father King Snake:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

People say he was weakened, but earlier he was killing enemies with nerve strikes, so I doubt his "malnutrition" was a huge effect:

No Caption Provided

He has defeated Catman twice:

No Caption Provided

And of course, Bane held off and beat Batman numerous times.

In Punisher volume three, I believe it was, Punisher was able to beat him via close quarters combat, and whilst skilled, Franklin Castle isn't known for his grace in hand to hand combat, he's more known for tanking hits.

Speed

Despite his size, Bane is very fast. Perhaps not as fast in H2H, but certainly fast enough.

And I'm 100% certain he would be able to dodge his throwing knives.

No Caption Provided

Recurve bow arrows can travel up to 225 feet per second (fps) or 150 mph 241.4016 km, the fastest real life speed for a throwing knife I could find was 35.8 mph or 57.62 km. Take into account him carrying that dude around also. Maybe he won't directly dodge the knives, but he could definitely move fast enough so the throwing weapon hits a less vulnerable area.

In close combat he should be able to catch him.

He caught Batman, Nightwing, Catman, Robin, and other incredibly fast people.

Pain Tolerance/ Durability

Simply put, bullets don't harm Bane, I doubt Bullseyes knives will.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Not even fazed
Not even fazed

As for blunt trauma Bullseye is out of luck there as well.

No Caption Provided

Jr. here is a meta human for the record.

@thedandyman:

No Caption Provided

How was that for my first time? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops forgot to mention with venom, worst comes to worst, that he can heal up:

No Caption Provided

He survived this after all.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Good stuff, t4vs.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Nice stuff man, good quality and you got the post up pretty quickly. I'm impressed, let's see if you can keep it up ;)

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v pls!

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Nice stuff man, good quality and you got the post up pretty quickly. I'm impressed, let's see if you can keep it up ;)

You should be worried about yourself old man ;)

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheDandyMan

@username12345:

No Caption Provided

You're saying that to probably one of the younger users on the vine but I got them mad skillz that put me above all those ancient 20 year olds XD

I'll have my next post up...soon.

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tag me

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By username12345
lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By lamdaddy20

Nice Stuff

Tag pls

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. Whoever uses the most American Psycho gifs gets my vote BTW.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheDandyMan

Round 2

No Caption Provided

Skill at Range:

Let's get onto some of Bullseye's more important feats. Being able to tag a group of wannabes or nameless mutants is impressive and can be taken into account but perhaps it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be able to get many critical hits on a more skilled opponent. These showings, on the other hand, prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's got a good chance of hitting more lethal areas on Bane.

1: Has no problem hitting Moon Knight who has performed basic bullet timer feats before such a deflecting a shot off of his crescent dart. Bare in mind that throughout this fight Bullseye has been drawing out the whole thing as he's "sick and tired of fighting losers" and wants to bring back the more ferocious side of Marc Spector so is likely not going for a killing blow immediately.

2-3: Maybe after that feat, you're thinking "Well, Bullseye couldn't get a head shot on an experienced combatant if he wanted to" but that would be wrong. Here, he's able to ricochet an arrow off his surroundings which then proceeds to go straight through Deadpool's head.

4: We're moving on to even faster targets now. Daredevil is, in my eyes, one of the quickest street-levellers around and even earlier on in his career while weakened he was able to dodge bullets:

No Caption Provided

As an arch nemesis of his, Bullseye has been able to hit Matt on numerous occasions. The reason I chose this instance is because it not also shows his accuracy but also shows how he's able to cause much more damage with his throws than a regular marksman could. Daredevil's billy clubs can be thrown into concrete and deflect bullets without any major scratches yet two of Lester's teeth are able to cause cracks in the material.

5: Spiderman is well-known for his speed and agility so being able to hit him definitely requires an above-amazing aim and, although weakened from a past battle so not as quick as usual, he did previously say that his spider-sense was working so this is still a valid feat. Bullseye is able to catch one of Peter's spider-tracers out of the air and then throw it back. Not only does he tag him but he get's...

Doctor Who reference
Doctor Who reference

The area is also covered in smoke, taking this to yet another level of skill.

Now let's be honest: each of the heroes above are, at minimum, as fast as Bane or faster. Your speed feat of him being able to block an arrow off of his axe is impressive but a majority of the character's I've shown Bullseye hitting could easily do that and more so having the reactions to be able to dodge a standard thrower's knives most certainly doesn't mean he'll be able to dodge Bullseye's knives which are projected at much higher speeds and with much greater accuracy.

Another points is that Bane has been hit multiple times by your average gunman as your durability scans show. Although he is able to survive the bullet's due to that pain tolerance of his, it doesn't take away from the fact that he can be tagged relatively easily as his preferred style of fighting is to stand up to attacks rather than dodge them. This is the kind of character that Bullseye should be effective against as he will be able to hit weak points of the body.

Both of these things add up and make me believe that a head-shot, neck-shot or maybe even groin-shot are definitely not out of the question.

Skill at Close Quarters:

The reason I've called this "skill at close quarters" rather than "hand-to-hand combat" is because Bullseye likes to utilise his accuracy even at near proximity with his opponent and uses ranged attacks with punches, kicks and the like. That doesn't mean he's unskilled in martial arts though and his combination of the two styles makes for a deadly mix.

1-3: Using environmental objects along with his own speed and strength, he's able to KO Black Widow. Note that was aiming to kidnap her, not kill her so is holding back.

4-6: In one of his most famous battles, he's able to kill Elektra after holding her off without any projectiles, then proceeds to slash her throat with a playing card and, although I haven't included this in the scans, stab her with her own sai. You'll hear that Elektra wasn't as tough a fighter as she is now and that's true, she has received more feats that put her at a higher level than before but that's not to say she was a pushover though and on a good day she had the skill to face Daredevil and kick over brick walls:

No Caption Provided

7: The adamantium on his skeleton doesn't just add to defence but also offence. After having it fused to him, Daredevil is able to tell from his increase in the power of his punches and in this instance Bullseye goes on to beat down on Matt until he can't get back up.

So, while not making a habit of it, Bullseye can hold Bane off if the gap between them is closed as he's shown he can fight a number of different skilled enemies and the adamatium laced knuckles should come in handy too in providing enough extra striking force to stun Bane.

Counters:

In Punisher volume three, I believe it was, Punisher was able to beat him via close quarters combat

The face I make when I hear this fight mentioned
The face I make when I hear this fight mentioned

That fight was, to be blunt, PIS. In their encounter, Punisher takes Bullseye out with one hit to the face. Lester's taken billy club strikes from Daredevil on a number of occasions which should deal out more damage than Frank's punches.

Bullseye is no doubt skilled, but based off of Banes fights with similar enemies to Dare Devil (Nightwing) I'd debate that Bane is more skilled.

Although debatable, I would think that Daredevil is closer to Bruce in martial arts than to Dick . While Grayson's good, Murdock has performed some much greater feats including his famous nerve strikes which have been able to injure the likes of Mr. Hyde as well as hanging with some of the best hand-to-hand fighters in his universe such as Captain America. It would be Nightwing's equipment that would put them in similar leagues but...

He one shot Nightwing twice

In both those instances, Nightwing did not use gadgets to his advantage. He would also usually use his agility to aid him in a fight like this but doesn't either because they're in an enclosed space or because he's a little acting a little out of character. Finally, as a bit of a Nightwing fan, I don't think that he'd be taken down in one hit like that on a regular basis. I'm not going to call it PIS but I do believe that it's a low-showing for him.

He defeated his father King Snake

People say he was weakened, but earlier he was killing enemies with nerve strikes, so I doubt his "malnutrition" was a huge effect

Malnutrition would be an effect, he did use that nerve strike but it was on an unaware opponent. To perform a nerve strike in a combat scenario, you need to have the speed to utilise it and he wouldn't be as fast if malnourished. He would also weaker in terms of durability so unable to take many hits.

As for blunt trauma Bullseye is out of luck there as well.

Sounds impressive but I have a problem with these kinds of feats. Firstly, it's not an in-combat situation which makes it hard to apply this to a fight. It's also difficult to tell how much damage the throwing of bricks would cause in the comic book world compared to the punches of a skilled fighter. Lastly, a large amount of it is off-panel and off-panel feats can often be more questionable. One or two more in-combat blunt-force feats would be handy. I suppose this is more for my own personal benefit just so I can gain a wider idea of how Bane is in this area.

worst comes to worst, he can heal up

He does have a healing factor but it only a slight one and isn't going to affect the outcome of this.

Conclusion:

From what I've seen so far, Bullseye will be able to get a number of hits on Bane and some of those hits will be on weak areas. I've shown Lester tagging a large number of established fighters who are all either as quick or quicker than Bane and, while durable, your man isn't invulnerable to damage and can be taken out if shot in the right areas. I also think that, while Bane does have the advantage if they get close enough together, Bullseye has enough close quarter skill to pull away from him as he has done with other opponents and continue his assault from afar.

@username12345, time for you to retort.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By username12345

Round 2

No Caption Provided

"Yet two of Lester's teeth are able to cause cracks in the material."

Oh man.

When?

"his spider-sense was working so this is still a valid feat"

I agree, but spider-man himself even said that spider sense isn't a trump card, and he was as you said, weakened. So I'm not sure that, with that in mind, it validates the power of his throwing skills to incapacitate Bane.

"The area is also covered in smoke, taking this to yet another level of skill."

I agree.

"Now let's be honest: each of the heroes above are, at minimum, as fast as Bane or faster. Your speed feat of him being able to block an arrow off of his axe is impressive but a majority of the character's I've shown Bullseye hitting could easily do that and more so having the reactions to be able to dodge a standard thrower's knives most certainly doesn't mean he'll be able to dodge Bullseye's knives which are projected at much higher speeds and with much greater accuracy."

He has also dodged Batarangs, Batman has pulled off fancy trick shots as well. He is also considered the third best DC marksman and has a 9/10 success rate with accuracy. If we are talking purely accuracy I clearly don't think batman is the marksman Bullseye is, but he is decently close.

Hush and Red Hood (both top tier martial artists) failed to dodge his batarangs, but bane did it with ease.

"Another points is that Bane has been hit multiple times by your average gunman as your durability scans show. Although he is able to survive the bullet's due to that pain tolerance of his, it doesn't take away from the fact that he can be tagged relatively easily as his preferred style of fighting is to stand up to attacks rather than dodge them. This is the kind of character that Bullseye should be effective against as he will be able to hit weak points of the body."

Make no mistake, Bane has dodged bullets before:

No Caption Provided
He blocks and tanks bullets here
He blocks and tanks bullets here

And blitzed gunmen:

No Caption Provided

This might even be a bullet time feat:

Notice how he moves his head away from the bullet
Notice how he moves his head away from the bullet

I'm aware he's far from un-tagable with projectile weapons, but the biggest problem is knives don't have the stopping power to stop Bane. Even if Bullseye can throw harder than an average knife thrower, I seriously doubt it would be enough force as a modern gun. And even if it did, consider Batman regularly exchanges blows with him and Batman can unquestionably hit harder than bullets.

I don't think those specific people hold a candle to Batman in fist fighting, except dare Devil (who Batman will still beat). Considering all the styles, both obscure and well known, Batman uses and feats he has against all the major DC fighters. Considering that Bane is his equal I think he's too skilled also.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"So, while not making a habit of it, Bullseye can hold Bane off if the gap between them is closed as he's shown he can fight a number of different skilled enemies and the adamatium laced knuckles should come in handy too in providing enough extra striking force to stun Bane."

All he needs to do is get him close...

Then this...
Then this...
then this...
then this...
Then this...
Then this...

At least that's my take on this.

"That fight was, to be blunt, PIS. In their encounter, Punisher takes Bullseye out with one hit to the face. Lester's taken billy club strikes from Daredevil on a number of occasions which should deal out more damage than Frank's punches."

Didn't Punisher even beat Dare Devil?

"Although debatable, I would think that Daredevil is closer to Bruce in martial arts than to Dick ."

Nah.

"While Grayson's good, Murdock has performed some much greater feats including his famous nerve strikes which have been able to injure the likes of Mr. Hyde as well as hanging with some of the best hand-to-hand fighters in his universe such as Captain America."

I don't think Nightwing could beat Dare Devil, but he is close. And the juxtaposition is obvious, they both use Kali sticks and there major H2H ability is agility

"It would be Nightwing's equipment that would put them in similar leagues but...

In both those instances, Nightwing did not use gadgets to his advantage."

Like I said, i don't think comparing them is a stretch, so I doubt he would need gadgets to give him a good go.

"He would also usually use his agility to aid him in a fight like this but doesn't either because they're in an enclosed space or because he's a little acting a little out of character."

It was a boat, not really a that enclosed space.

"Finally, as a bit of a Nightwing fan, I don't think that he'd be taken down in one hit like that on a regular basis."

Muhahahahaha
Muhahahahaha

"I'm not going to call it PIS but I do believe that it's a low-showing for him."

I don't think that's exactly the case considering what Bane did to his master.

"Malnutrition would be an effect, he did use that nerve strike but it was on an unaware opponent. To perform a nerve strike in a combat scenario, you need to have the speed to utilise it and he wouldn't be as fast if malnourished. He would also weaker in terms of durability so unable to take many hits."

I think Bane might have been also because he was in the Himalayas looking for him.

"Sounds impressive but I have a problem with these kinds of feats. Firstly, it's not an in-combat situation which makes it hard to apply this to a fight. It's also difficult to tell how much damage the throwing of bricks would cause in the comic book world compared to the punches of a skilled fighter."

He used enough force to cause the bricks to break.

"Lastly, a large amount of it is off-panel and off-panel feats can often be more questionable. One or two more in-combat blunt-force feats would be handy."

No Caption Provided
This version of Catman even beat Bronze Tiger
This version of Catman even beat Bronze Tiger
Remains alive/ conscious from an attack by a monster who hunts and kills animals for fun.
Remains alive/ conscious from an attack by a monster who hunts and kills animals for fun.
Gets launched by a giant bittie (pardon my French)...
Gets launched by a giant bittie (pardon my French)...
Yet he is still in the fray.
Yet he is still in the fray.

@thedandyman:

No Caption Provided

@imperfect_cell:

Well there you go
Well there you go

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Very nice, I won't be as quick in my reply as before but hopefully should get it up in the next week or so.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh poop!

That monster doesn't kill animals he kills Amozons, my mistake denizens of the internet.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By username12345
TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Gotta say, Bane is a pretty difficult character to face off against in a CaV. Don't you worry yourself though, I'm not going down just yet.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By username12345

@thedandyman said:

@username12345: Gotta say, Bane is a pretty difficult character to face off against in a CaV. Don't you worry yourself though, I'm not going down just yet.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"I'm Bane, yes, that's my name.

When you hear the name Bane, I guarantee the pain.

I'm coming after you, [Lester ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ]

I'm stronger, smarter, and clinically insane.

I'm Bane, yes, that's my name.

Bruce Wayne and the Batman are totally the same.

I broke his back mortal comBAT smack,

then I cracked my '28 Krug champagne.

I'm Bane, yes, it's a shame.

I declare martial law, and you all complain!

I laugh when you ask why I wear the mask.

I'll explain. It's because.....

I'm Bane, yes, that's my name.

You say it too much, the name becomes inane.

Of course! Some think my plan lacks gain.

If you say it too my face, I'll crash your plane."

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jacthripper

T4V

Oh and Captain America would still beat Pre-52 Bane's @$$

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDandyMan

Round 3

No Caption Provided

Counters:

Oh man.

When?

You'll have to excuse that, I'm having an error with some of my scans and seem to have used a cropped one rather than the full thing, here you go:

No Caption Provided

"his spider-sense was working so this is still a valid feat"

I agree, but spider-man himself even said that spider sense isn't a trump card, and he was as you said, weakened. So I'm not sure that, with that in mind, it validates the power of his throwing skills to incapacitate Bane.

That's a fair enough point but a standard Spiderman is above pretty much every street leveller around (I say pretty much because you might be able to find a loophole with that) so, even while weakened, he's still fast. Notice how Bullseye is even able to curve the projectile in the scan in order to hit Peter who is behind cover, another factor that makes this an impressive move.

He has also dodged Batarangs, Batman has pulled off fancy trick shots as well. He is also considered the third best DC marksman and has a 9/10 success rate with accuracy. If we are talking purely accuracy I clearly don't think batman is the marksman Bullseye is, but he is decently close.

I'd never heard him considered DC's third best marksman by any major source, perhaps I've missed something but it's debatable. Still, it's true that Batman is a good shot but Bullseye would win a very large majority in an archery contest, a darts tournament or on the shooting range. Bruce pulls off a lot of skilful shots on goons with a couple of feats of hitting faster martial artists but Lester pulls off a lot of skilful shots on both goons and faster martial artists. It can also be said that because Bane has spent a lot of time studying Batman, he is more accurately able to predict when they will be thrown.

Hush and Red Hood (both top tier martial artists) failed to dodge his batarangs, but bane did it with ease.

Out of interest, are you talking about the time Batman hit Red Hood in Batman: Under the Hood. The first time he was able to do this in the arc was in mid-conversation while Jason was busy taunting Bruce in mid and the second time Jason had actually challenged Bruce to shoot him in the face so wasn't in a state to be able to dodge these batarangs. As for Hush, he's been shot by both Harvey Dent and Julia Pennyworth which is not something you want to be doing often without superhuman durability or a healing factor and neither of the two are know for amazing aims so I would class Elliot as an aim-dodger rather than bullet timer.

Make no mistake, Bane has dodged bullets before

I would expect nothing less from him but aim-dodging is something almost all street-levellers are at least able to do.

This might even be a bullet time feat

It could be but it's left rather ambiguous and I did say I liked to have substantial proof. I can say that Bane is a high-level aim-dodger and is maybe even able to go that extra mile and dodge an actual bullet but not on a regular day unlike some of the opponents I've shown Bullseye hitting already.

I'm aware he's far from un-tagable with projectile weapons, but the biggest problem is knives don't have the stopping power to stop Bane. Even if Bullseye can throw harder than an average knife thrower, I seriously doubt it would be enough force as a modern gun. And even if it did, consider Batman regularly exchanges blows with him and Batman can unquestionably hit harder than bullets

Knives and bullets cause slightly different types of damage, that's why bullet-proof vests will not be expected to be knife-proof as well. Can Batman's hits do more damage than a bullet? Maybe but firstly he won't always use that damage output due to morals and secondly blunt-force trauma and penetrating trauma are even more different than knife and bullet damage.

All he needs to do is get him close..

That plan seems a little oversimplified. Catman is, while agile, not quite as fast as Lester from what I can tell and Bane won't be able to crush Bullseye hands considering they're fused with adamantium. Also, Bullseye won't just be standing face-to-face with Bane as his style of fighting involves a lot of moving around rather than staying in one place so getting a direct punch will be more difficult. Finally, if Bane does get close then Bullseye could replicate something similar to what he did when Daredevil lobbed a billy club at his and throw any knocked out teeth at Bane or he could replicate something similar to what he did when Deadpool fought him and ricochet an arrow to Bane's skull as both of these were done at close range.

Didn't Punisher even beat Dare Devil?

They have often stalemated but that's not because of Punisher's striking power, it's through the use of his accuracy, his pain resistance and his tactical mind.

I don't think Nightwing could beat Dare Devil, but he is close. And the juxtaposition is obvious, they both use Kali sticks and there major H2H ability is agility

I suppose saying that Matt's closer to Bruce in skill than to Dick might be seen as controversial by some so I'll back up that claim a little. As I said earlier, Daredevil has stalemated Captain America in a fight along with others like Iron Fist and Black Panther. A counter to this might be that Nightwing has stalemated on the likes of Batman, Cassandra Cain and Deathstroke but all of these feats are either considered very high-showing or PIS. As you can see, when these battles have been done on the forums they have been locked due to being mismatches:

Batman vs Nightwing LOCKED

Cassandra Cain vs Dick Grayson LOCKED

While I'm not saying Daredevil is Batman's equal, I do think the distance between them is a bit shorter than the distance between Daredevil and Nightwing. This doesn't play a massive part in this CaV though so I won't continue with my explanation.

I think Bane might have been also because he was in the Himalayas looking for him.

While I haven't read the issues where this occurs, Bane is a smart guy so isn't going to go looking for someone in the mountains without some food and drink. That would be a foolish thing to do, right?

Strategy:

Let's get strategic now. I'm going with a "hit & run" kind of technique for this battle. The location for this battle is an open area meaning that, unlike a lot of other areas he has to battle in, Bullseye will be able to use his superior speed to spread away from his opponent and keep the distance between the two. While staying clear of close-quarters, Lester will be able to use his ranged attacks to damage his foe, staring off by using his basic prior knowledge and destroying Bane's venom tube which the likes of Killer Croc have done before, and then barraging Bane's body with projectiles. Although his endurance is high, he does still bleed when hit with knives so it will likely partially slow him down due to blood loss. Note the use of the word partially. To get a direct hit on a more vital area, Lester may on some occasions have to stay still for a moment in order to focus on his target which shouldn't be a problem. Bane will take a hit to, say, the neck which will put a strain on him as he has been injured by attacks to this part of the body before:

No Caption Provided

I'm not being unfair on Bane, it's just a fact that he does have a vulnerability in these areas and Bullseye is good at using vulnerabilities in his favour, as the feat where Bullseye takes down a superhumanly durable mutant by flicking a poison dart into his ear shows. Now, Bane may be able to catch up with him at this point but it's true to say that at this stage Bane will be weakened. Even so, Lester may not have the edge in close-quarters but I do think that he'll be able to stun his opponent and quickly flee to a safer distance either with a ricochetted throwing-knife or with a kick to the groin on head-butt to the face.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This technique can be repeated over again until Bane falls.

Conclusion:

In this post, I think I've done a fair job at countering some of your arguments along with introducing a strategy that Bullseye's going to play by. The hit & run method means that Bane is going to be hit a lot more times than Bullseye and, while durable, everyone has their limits including Bane.

@username12345

No Caption Provided

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman:

Good one, if you don't mind I'll need just one more day.

Oh and Captain America would still beat Pre-52 Bane's @$$

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By username12345

Round 3

No Caption Provided

Counters to your counters:

"You'll have to excuse that, I'm having an error with some of my scans and seem to have used a cropped one rather than the full thing, here you go:"

No worries.

Comics are weird...

"That's a fair enough point but a standard Spiderman is above pretty much every street leveller around (I say pretty much because you might be able to find a loophole with that) so, even while weakened, he's still fast."

Well IIRC Spider-man is at a 10 level strength (able to lift 10 tons above ones head), Batman is at 6 and Bane's stronger than him, but I digress, my problem isn't speed necessarily, it's durability.

"Notice how Bullseye is even able to curve the projectile in the scan in order to hit Peter who is behind cover, another factor that makes this an impressive move."

I agree.

"I'd never heard him considered DC's third best marksman by any major source, perhaps I've missed something but it's debatable."

He has a 9/10 success rate, Deadshot and Green Arrow rarely miss. I was basing it on that. And I remember hearing it but I forgot from where. He also out shot Deathstroke

"Still, it's true that Batman is a good shot but Bullseye would win a very large majority in an archery contest, a darts tournament or on the shooting range."

I agree. I don't think it's a huge difference though.

No Caption Provided

"Bruce pulls off a lot of skilful shots on goons with a couple of feats of hitting faster martial artists but Lester pulls off a lot of skilful shots on both goons and faster martial artists. It can also be said that because Bane has spent a lot of time studying Batman, he is more accurately able to predict when they will be thrown."

Well, in his time studying him, I don't think I've seen him see him throw a batarang once, in all of Knightfall, personally with his own eye. I would think it's fair to chalk it up to speed and skill.

"Out of interest, are you talking about the time Batman hit Red Hood in Batman: Under the Hood?"

Yep.

"The first time he was able to do this in the arc was in mid-conversation while Jason was busy taunting Bruce in mid and the second time Jason had actually challenged Bruce to shoot him in the face so wasn't in a state to be able to dodge these batarangs."

Well Red Hood is very agile, maybe more than Nightwing even. And has an impressive reaction time. I'd chalk it up to Batman's speed and accuracy, but that's just me.

"As for Hush, he's been shot by both Harvey Dent and Julia Pennyworth which is not something you want to be doing often without superhuman durability or a healing factor and neither of the two are know for amazing aims so I would class Elliot as an aim-dodger rather than bullet timer."

Harvey shot him while Batman and him were fighting.

However, here are some other examples

Him shooting Green Arrows arrow like I showed

and

No Caption Provided

Slapleather (who's regarded as "the world's greatest marksman" to describe his skill)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

the expert dagger markswoman Stiletto in a marksmanship battle

Just so the good people know how accurate Batman is.

Very cool, and Bane was able to dodge his throws.

No Caption Provided

"I would expect nothing less from him but aim-dodging is something almost all street-levellers are at least able to do."

I know, but I was just saying he doesn't sit around.

"It could be but it's left rather ambiguous and I did say I liked to have substantial proof. I can say that Bane is a high-level aim-dodger and is maybe even able to go that extra mile and dodge an actual bullet but not on a regular day unlike some of the opponents I've shown Bullseye hitting already."

All I can say to this is....

BANE FOUGHT A DINOSAUR WITH LASERS:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But seriously, all I can say for that is you're right until the writer confirms this, which is why I said might.

"That plan seems a little oversimplified."

You're right, that was a gross exaggeration.

"Catman is, while agile, not quite as fast as Lester from what I can tell"

Catman was able to even fight Bronze Tiger though.

"and Bane won't be able to crush Bullseye hands considering they're fused with adamantium."

Bane tore a mans arm who was wearing an Exosuit though.

"Also, Bullseye won't just be standing face-to-face with Bane as his style of fighting involves a lot of moving around rather than staying in one place so getting a direct punch will be more difficult."

If he tries to punch him he might be able catch him the moment he does tries.

"Finally, if Bane does get close then Bullseye could replicate something similar to what he did when Daredevil lobbed a billy club at his and throw any knocked out teeth at Bane or he could replicate something similar to what he did when Deadpool fought him and ricochet an arrow to Bane's skull as both of these were done at close range."

Bane should be able to duplicate his feat when he blocked the batarangs with his arm.

"They have often stalemated but that's not because of Punisher's striking power, it's through the use of his accuracy, his pain resistance and his tactical mind."

Hmmm.

"I suppose saying that Matt's closer to Bruce in skill than to Dick might be seen as controversial by some so I'll back up that claim a little. As I said earlier, Daredevil has stalemated Captain America in a fight along with others like Iron Fist and Black Panther. A counter to this might be that Nightwing has stalemated on the likes of Batman, Cassandra Cain and Deathstroke but all of these feats are either considered very high-showing or PIS. As you can see, when these battles have been done on the forums they have been locked due to being mismatches:

Batman vs Nightwing LOCKED

Cassandra Cain vs Dick Grayson LOCKED

While I'm not saying Daredevil is Batman's equal, I do think the distance between them is a bit shorter than the distance between Daredevil and Nightwing. This doesn't play a massive part in this CaV though so I won't continue with my explanation."

Batman one shot Nightwing for the record, that aside, perhaps I meant they are similar stylistically, not functionality.

Personally, I think Batman and Bane crush him and Dick is a pansy compared. But Dick, compared to others, can hold his own.

"While I haven't read the issues where this occurs, Bane is a smart guy so isn't going to go looking for someone in the mountains without some food and drink. That would be a foolish thing to do, right?"

Maybe, I think that he's killed a troop with a nerve strike and they were both in the cold wet mountains so it was mostly fair.

"Let's get strategic now. I'm going with a "hit & run" kind of technique for this battle. The location for this battle is an open area meaning that, unlike a lot of other areas he has to battle in, Bullseye will be able to use his superior speed to spread away from his opponent and keep the distance between the two. While staying clear of close-quarters, "

"Lester will be able to use his ranged attacks to damage his foe, staring off by using his basic prior knowledge and destroying Bane's venom tube which the likes of Killer Croc have done before,"

Luckily for me he starts with it off, eh?

"and then barraging Bane's body with projectiles. Although his endurance is high, he does still bleed when hit with knives so it will likely partially slow him down due to blood loss. Note the use of the word partially. To get a direct hit on a more vital area, Lester may on some occasions have to stay still for a moment in order to focus on his target which shouldn't be a problem. Bane will take a hit to, say, the neck which will put a strain on him as he has been injured by attacks to this part of the body before:"

The problem with that is the neck is a small target, even on a big guy, I'm aware Lester is a great shot but Bane won't give him enough time to aim. If he does have enough time a simple movement of his arm would stop the knives. Just like when he blocked the arrows with an ax only with his arm this time, sounds silly, but with context of his durability it's pretty awesome when you think about it.

Just for the record:

No Caption Provided

After he was kicked.

"I'm not being unfair on Bane, it's just a fact that he does have a vulnerability in these areas and Bullseye is good at using vulnerabilities in his favor, as the feat where Bullseye takes down a superhumanly durable mutant by flicking a poison dart into his ear shows."

True.

"Now, Bane may be able to catch up with him at this point but it's true to say that at this stage Bane will be weakened. Even so, Lester may not have the edge in close-quarters but I do think that he'll be able to stun his opponent and quickly flee to a safer distance either with a ricochet throwing-knife or with a kick to the groin on head-butt to the face."

Based on his durability with that giant lady and the Amazon hunter I'm not sure even a swift kick to the testicles would slow Bane down. I'm also not sure that ricochet would work in a place with wood because the knife would just plunge into the wood.

"This technique can be repeated over again until Bane falls."

Nah.

Strategy:

No Caption Provided

Like his fight in Knightfall with Film Freak he can quickly hide behind cover and throw an object at him, allowing Bane a moment to charge. Similarly he can knock over one of those big "towers" and use it as a battering ram and knock him over or pin him to the floor. He could use an object as a body shield, like he did with the ax against the Skartaris warriors. Hand to hand we both, although the degree might be different, agree that Bane would win in hand to hand and when the distance is closed or Bullseye runs out of knifes Bane will defeat him. Banes durable, like I've shown, so even if he gets a cut on him that won't slow Bane down. Perhaps Bane could even use that to his advantage, running him threw when he's surprised.

"In this post, I think I've done a fair job at countering some of your arguments along with introducing a strategy that Bullseye's going to play by."

I agree.

"The hit & run method means that Bane is going to be hit a lot more times than Bullseye and, while durable,"

Maybe, but Bane hits harder. Maybe that will even it out.

"everyone has their limits including Bane."

"Batman has no limits"

Conclusion:

Bane beat up a dinosaur:

@thedandyman:

No Caption Provided

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Didn't see that you'd posted, very nice, I'll put up my conclusion when possible.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4v

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Didn't see that you'd posted, very nice, I'll put up my conclusion when possible.

Excellent, what happened was I made it but forgot to tag you at the end, so I did that after.

No Caption Provided

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheDandyMan

Final Round

No Caption Provided

Counters:

Well IIRC Spider-man is at a 10 level strength (able to lift 10 tons above ones head), Batman is at 6 and Bane's stronger than him, but I digress, my problem isn't speed necessarily, it's durability.

Are you saying that Batman is able to lift 6 tons? Maybe I've misunderstood but having Batman lifting 6 tons would be he could carry, what, 3 cars or so? He's not consistently that strong, perhaps he could lift 1 ton but 6 seems too much. He may have a couple of feats putting him at a 6 tonner but he's got many others putting him lower than that.

He has a 9/10 success rate, Deadshot and Green Arrow rarely miss. I was basing it on that. And I remember hearing it but I forgot from where. He also out shot Deathstroke

Ok, there might be some characters like Merlyn who could beat Batman to that 3rd spot but I understand what you mean. However, Bullseye is arguably the most accurate in his universe and beats the likes Winter Solider (who has shot down 3 of Hawkeye's arrows), Deadpool (who can hit flies out of the air) and Punisher (who's able to target pencil-thin objects at long-range).

Harvey shot him while Batman and him were fighting.

True but there are a number of examples where Hush hasn't been very impressive, he's been pinned down by Catwoman, disarmed by Alfred and beaten up by Joker's goons. This level of skill of skill is pretty regular for him.

Catman was able to even fight Bronze Tiger though.

Only because Bronze Tiger was underestimating Catman and Blake used an unexpected dirty tactic from what I remember. Even then, Bronze Tiger was the last man standing. Plus, in your own words from another thread, "in that same series Batman smacked Catman around like a child".

Bane tore a mans arm who was wearing an Exosuit though.

It's to be noted that Bane had to knock the man down and get a good hold on him before he was able to do this which is going to be much more difficult to do on Bullseye. I don't know that he's ripped the arms off of anyone of Lester's ability before so this isn't a major issue.

Bane should be able to duplicate his feat when he blocked the batarangs with his arm.

Considering Bullseye's teeth were able to crack Daredevil's billy club which, as I said earlier, has deflected bullets without much visible damage, they will likely cause more of a sting than batarangs. In fact, after blocking the batarangs, Jean-Paul Valley was able to land a number of hits on Bane suggesting doing this either stunned or distracted him so Lester can use this time to get away as planned. Also, Bullseye has had no problem with hitting Moon Knight who deflected a bullet from close-range of off his crescent dart:

No Caption Provided

In regards to the ricochet shot, Bane will not be expecting the hit in the same way Deadpool did not expect it so blocking it's going to be difficult.

Batman one shot Nightwing for the record, that aside, perhaps I meant they are similar stylistically, not functionality.

Stylistically, sure.

I've recently discovered, however, that Bane did not legitimately one-shot Nightwing in either of the scans you showed earlier on. In the first instance, Bane sneaked up on Dick while he was doing an interrogation which makes this a stealth feat rather than a fighting skill feat. In the second instance Nightwing wasn't even knocked out, it's just been edited to look that way. Here's what actually happened:

No Caption Provided

Nightwing underestimates Bane's striking power saying "Okay-koff-you're no pushover" but is not taken out.

Luckily for me he starts with it off, eh?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we agreed Bane started off with the venom in his system but just had it at his disposal. The OP says than "Bane has access to venom" and not that he begins with it in him. If Bane does decide to use the venom at the very beginning of the battle, it's effects wear off pretty quickly once the pump's been destroyed.

The problem with that is the neck is a small target, even on a big guy, I'm aware Lester is a great shot but Bane won't give him enough time to aim.

The neck was merely an example, there are a number of weak points Bullseye can hit including, as I've said before, the groin or the head (especially the head, a knife to the brain is probably going to take Bane out). In fact, a shot to the chest area might do a reasonable amount of damage considering projectiles are able to partially pierce Bane's skin and a knife could potentially scratch against his lungs or maybe even his heart which is going to hurt. This won't work every time as the rib cage will provide some protection but it's a possibility. Bane's taken a number or shots to the arms and legs but not so many when it comes to these more sensitive parts of the body.

Just for the record:

Yeah, admittedly it might not have been the best example but it was just to show how Bane can be slowed down with neck-hits.

Based on his durability with that giant lady and the Amazon hunter I'm not sure even a swift kick to the testicles would slow Bane down.

If we were to accept these kind of feats then Batman would be durable enough to survive an assault from pretty much every street-leveller seeing as he's been punched by Superman, you can't base information off of this. Daredevil's been hit by the Hulk yet I doubt Bullseye's striking power is anywhere near that of the Hulk's.

I'm also not sure that ricochet would work in a place with wood because the knife would just plunge into the wood.

I can't find much information in regards to ricochets using the likes of knives and arrows but according to a number of people in this thread, bullets can ricochet of wood and Bullseye's skill should allow him to do the same with his projectiles. If not, it doesn't really matter as the floor looks like it's made of concrete and there are a lot of metal objects in the area too.

Like his fight in Knightfall with Film Freak he can quickly hide behind cover and throw an object at him, allowing Bane a moment to charge.

Just remember that Film Freak is far less competent than Bullseye, Lester would be able to dodge the incoming object pretty easily.

Similarly he can knock over one of those big "towers" and use it as a battering ram and knock him over or pin him to the floor.

Knocking them over will take some time, leaving Bane exposed to getting shot in vital areas. If he is able to displace them before getting targeted in the head then Bullseye has the agility to duck, weave and jump under and over them as they appear rather heavy so Bane will not be able to fluidly lift them up.

He could use an object as a body shield, like he did with the ax against the Skartaris warriors.

Nice but Bullseye's been able to pin down Captain America who is far more proficient in using a body shield than Bane. You'll also remember Bullseye's agility, he could manoeuvre around these improvised defences.

Hand to hand we both, although the degree might be different, agree that Bane would win in hand to hand and when the distance is closed or Bullseye runs out of knifes Bane will defeat him.

The idea isn't to beat Bane in hand-to-hand though, it's to retreat back when at this distance. And if Bullseye is a little careless in regards to overusing his projectiles, he can always pick new ones up from the environment:

No Caption Provided

Conclusion:

Now, for the final conclusion. Bullseye has a definitive edge in speed and agility against Bane which will allow him to dodge almost any object thrown at him and stay one step ahead of his opponent for most of the fight. Bullseye has the definite range advantage meaning that he'll be able to hit Bane while Bane cannot hit him. This combination of superiorities is a deadly one because it means that not only do you have to catch up with Lester but you have to catch up with Lester while having blades lodged into your skin. If Bane does reach him, Bullseye's adamantium skeleton will provide a lot of protection, it's helped him take a hit from a speeding car and stay conscious, and he can still use his knives and arrows to get some good shots on Bane, he's got a head-shot on Deadpool while at close range. As the fight continues, Bane is going to become slower and slower with all these projectiles hitting him until he's dropped with a critical hit. It'll be close but Bullseye can get the majority.

@username12345

No Caption Provided

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345, just in case you hadn't seen I had gotten my final post up. If you're caught up with other things at the moment then no worries, just checking.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345, just in case you hadn't seen I had gotten my final post up. If you're caught up with other things at the moment then no worries, just checking.

I'm truly sorry, some one has been flagging my posts repeatedly for no apparent reasons, I've got to go to six flags, I've been playing Batman Arkham Knight, and I've been working out a bit more, getting stronger, I've got job interviews. All sorts of craziness, just a few more time. I'll be ready shortly.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: No problem man, I'm not that quick at getting posts up so you don't have to worry about it.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please :)

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By username12345

First off, I’d like to thank you for this opportunity to debate, @thedandyman. You are quite the gentleman, and very good at debating.

Secondly, I’d like to extend an apology, denizens of the internet, for taking a long while. I had to teach martial arts, I’ve gone to “Six Flags”, I went to vacation, most importantly; I worked on my Grandmommy’s garden, I’ve been working out a bunch more, and of course I’VE BEEN PLAYING BATMAN.

Final Round

No Caption Provided

"Are you saying that Batman is able to lift 6 tons? Maybe I've misunderstood but having Batman lifting 6 tons would be he could carry, what, 3 cars or so? He's not consistently that strong, perhaps he could lift 1 ton but 6 seems too much. He may have a couple of feats putting him at a 6 tonner but he's got many others putting him lower than that."

It would depend on the car. Going by the Marvel power scale, which is lifting an object of X amount of weight above one's head, at least that’s what I thought it was, then he can be considered one.

I know people have a problem with this since he held up one with his grapple instead of his hand. But, I can say without a doubt he is at least a 4-5 tonner, for a number of reasons. For starters Punisher has a 3 ton power level, if I am remembering correctly, and Batman is very much stronger than Punisher. Secondly he regularly lifts 3-4 ton debris with ease, for example Shadow of the Bat #74 and Detective Comics #617. At worst he’s 4-5 I’d say, at best probably a 7. If we're just talking about lifting the weights over your head.

"Ok, there might be some characters like Merlyn who could beat Batman to that 3rd spot but I understand what you mean."

I forgot about Merlyn when I posted, but that's very true. In fact I was going to change it. Thought that would be unfair though.

"However, Bullseye is arguably the most accurate in his universe and beats the likes Winter Solider (who has shot down 3 of Hawkeye's arrows), Deadpool (who can hit flies out of the air) and Punisher (who's able to target pencil-thin objects at long-range)."

I agree, in fact note that I said that Bullseye is a better shot than Batman. Batman would still win though. However I do believe he can easily be considered on only one or two tiers lower. He’s certainly on par.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman’s craziest marksmanship feats are taking out multiple people with a coin toss, Bullseyes craziest is knocking out Daredevil with a paper airplane. Pick your poison.

"True but there are a number of examples where Hush hasn't been very impressive,"

At his peak, Hush has been on par with Batman.

No Caption Provided

Obviously, as with all characters, his abilities go up and down. I was refer to when Batman hit him with Batarangs when Hush was written at his peak.

"he's been pinned down by Catwoman,"

I remember him beating her. You’re talking about their fight in Heart of Hush, right?

She required stealth and her claws, he used a knife. In exclusively hand to hand they seem even.

No Caption Provided

"disarmed by Alfred"

To be honest Alfred is awesome. Being disarmed by him is nothing to be ashamed of.

"and beaten up by Joker's goons. This level of skill of skill is pretty regular for him."

I don't remember that.

However I was using the Hush example because his body type would be the regular style of “bullet dodging street level characters” yet he failed to do so against the Batarangs. You see, to most comic laymen, Bane would appear to be slow, due to his size, when that's not the case. If you want better examples of people who, on paper, should be faster than Bane, yet failed to dodge the Batarangs: Cassandra Cain was caught on a train in Batgirl #50, he hit the female Question, and he even got Silver Monkey.

"Only because Bronze Tiger was underestimating Catman and Blake used an unexpected dirty tactic from what I remember. Even then, Bronze Tiger was the last man standing. Plus, in your own words from another thread, "in that same series Batman smacked Catman around like a child"."

Catman is weird. I'll just post the fights and let you, as well as the denizens of the internet, decide his skill level.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"It's to be noted that Bane had to knock the man down and get a good hold on him before he was able to do this which is going to be much more difficult to do on Bullseye. I don't know that he's ripped the arms off of anyone of Lester's ability before so this isn't a major issue."

He was in a battle suit, leading me to believe that he is physically superior, at least in durability and strength, however you're correct, in a way, Bullseye is most likely more skilled. However, Bane has put Azreal and even Batman, until Batman got nearly blood lusted, in similar positions before and they are notably more skilled than Bullseye.

"Considering Bullseye's teeth were able to crack Daredevil's billy club which, as I said earlier, has deflected bullets without much visible damage, they will likely cause more of a sting than batarangs.”

Bruce Wayne Batman’s standard batarangs were able to knock out ninja stars (Legends of the Dark Knight #53), knives (Batman Toyman #3), and arrows (Gotham Knights #53) out of the air. Leading me to believe his batarangs have more “oomf” than a standard throwing knife. However, those weren’t Bruce Wayne Batman’s standard batarangs, they were Azbats batarangs, which are launched out of a mega gauntlet, which is ultra fast, faster than Bruce Wayne Batman’s batarangs. Since Jean-Paul’s batarangs are just as hard, but were drawn to be faster those should have even more “oomf”. Since Bane can block those with his arms I think it wouldn’t be a bad day if he does so to Bullseyes daggers.

No Caption Provided

“ In fact, after blocking the batarangs, Jean-Paul Valley was able to land a number of hits on Bane suggesting doing this either stunned or distracted him,”

I’d think it’d be more due to Jean-Paul’s natural skill, and a cheap shot. As well as Bane not being at full power. After Knightfall Bane was forced to quit usage of venom, at that time he trained up to be more skilled and strong than he was even when he was on venom, at that time.

And even though he landed hits, Bane considered Azbats weaker than Bruce after he was super weakened, depending on the fight(s) you’re talking about.

“so Lester can use this time to get away as planned.”

That may be, however, getting away is not winning.

“Also, Bullseye has had no problem with hitting Moon Knight who deflected a bullet from close-range of off his crescent dart:”

Did Mr. Bullseye hit through his dart or did he just hit Mr. Moon Knight? It’s impressive either way, however the point here was the power of his knives, not his speed.

“In regards to the ricochet shot, Bane will not be expecting the hit in the same way Deadpool did not expect it so blocking it's going to be difficult.”

The problem with that is Deadpool is a very facetious fighter. He was being very silly the whole battle, which is not part of Bane’s WARRIOR SPIRIT.

"Stylistically, sure."

Again I think Nightwing would ultimately lose to Dare Devil, but some feats lead me to speculate the gap in skill is close, as an adult at the very least.

"I've recently discovered, however, that Bane did not legitimately one-shot Nightwing in either of the scans you showed earlier on."

In the first instance Nightwing tried to kick Bane first, which is why I believe it is legitimate fight. As for the second one, Nightiwng couldn't stand, and had trouble speaking. Batman had to take over where their fight left off, however I am willing to concede round two, only, was not necessarily a legit “one shot”. However my original point remains unscathed. Bane was able to best the stylistic and near, not equal, skill equivalent of DC to Marvel’s Daredevil in hand to hand faster and more proficiency than Bullseye was to the “real”, for lack of a better term, Dare Devil.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we agreed Bane started off with the venom in his system but just had it at his disposal."

Correct, I was noting that as a positive, because if Bullseye is wise, or even fast, enough, to cut his tubes first, Bane won't immediately fall over and die from addiction.

Whilst we’re on the topic of venom, more recent versions of venom have been shown as pills or injections, so the way it gets in his system isn’t just tubes.That would be out of character for Bane, since he spent so long recovering from his addiction. Unless the worst case scenario happens to Bane. Then, in theory, he can still heal up. It’s going to be hard to kill him for Bullseye if Bane opts for a brutish strategy.

“The neck was merely an example, there are a number of weak points Bullseye can hit including, as I've said before, the groin or the head. In fact, a shot to the chest area might do a reasonable amount of damage considering projectiles are able to partially pierce Bane's skin and a knife could potentially scratch against his lungs or maybe even his heart which is going to hurt.”

After re-reading the first Bane vs Azreal Knightfall fight, he blocked some of Azbats batarangs, but one managed to hit his neck, Bane was unfazed, and just got angry after that. Also, again, Bane was not at full power, since he became stronger once he quit. In fact the reason he was nicked in the first place, in the first fight, was because Azreal had claws, which Bullseye doesn’t have.

As I’ve mentioned, in Secret Six he healed from seppuku with venom.

And of course he’d be fast enough to simply tank the knife with his hand.

No Caption Provided

"If we were to accept these kind of feats then Batman would be durable enough to survive an assault from pretty much every street-leveller seeing as he's been punched by Superman,”

Batman can’t be hurt by mere street level characters.

No Caption Provided

“you can't base information off of this."

I don’t know, I think so. He survived falling off a cliff, getting exploded, and getting slammed in the face by a train. The methuman “Junior” threw bricks at his face to no avail, Catman couldn’t even hurt him and he’s ultra powerful, and Batman, the man who crushes cars, fights metahumans, and breaks bullet proof glass, needed to go full force. I guess that his durability against "Giant Lady" and the killer of Amazons is a fair feat, based on that.

“I can't find much information in regards to ricochets using the likes of knives and arrows but according to a number of people in this thread, bullets can ricochet off wood and Bullseye's skill should allow him to do the same with his projectiles.”

Mmmmh, according to that thread the bullet hit his head, and he was still alive, obviously. Also, I’m not sure if all those people were scientists or not. Certainly an interesting bit of information, and might put a wrench in my plans.

I don’t know about guns, I prefer using my fists. I’m very proficient in H2H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4NGQorzhM

“If not, it doesn't really matter as the floor looks like it's made of concrete and there are a lot of metal objects in the area too.”

True. A number of things should be considered though, if there isn’t much things to ricochet off of that would limit his possibilities, making it more likely for Bane to dodge it, or predict his moves, Bane is much less silly than Deadpool, so he could a more likely candidate to dodge his knives, and, I know this is a repetitive point, but Bane doesn’t feel pain easy.

"Just remember that Film Freak is far less competent than Bullseye, Lester would be able to dodge the incoming object pretty easily."

I 100% agree, Bullseye is very fast, as you've proved, and I’m sure MANY people are smarter than “Film Freak”, Bullseye included. However he would still be at a momentary disadvantage, because it would give Bane either a moment to leap to cover, or a moment to charge him. Avoiding giant rocks, wood, and construction tools takes a moment of time. Which would give the ultra fast Bane time to close distance, and use his superior power and skill to beat him. Now let me point out why dodging for Bane would not put him at a disadvantage the way it would be for Bullseye. Bane could still be moving forward to whilst dodging his missile, his main ability, attacks, like he did in Detective comics 701. Bullseye shouldn’t do the same thing, as you yourself pointed out. He’d be forced into backing up, giving Bane ample time to charge.

"Knocking them over will take some time, leaving Bane exposed to getting shot in vital areas."

I don't believe so.

"If he is able to displace them before getting targeted in the head then Bullseye has the agility to duck, weave and jump under and over them as they appear rather heavy so Bane will not be able to fluidly lift them up."

I stand by my above statement, Bullseye would still be at a disadvantage, even if he opts for dodging.

"Nice but Bullseye's been able to pin down Captain America who is far more proficient in using a body shield than Bane."

Aye, but he didn’t kill him.

"You'll also remember Bullseye's agility, he could manoeuvre around these improvised defenses."

That is correct, Bullseye is agile, however Bane impressed Nightwing, if I'm remembering my comics correctly, with his agility, and I think it's safe to assume Nightwing is probably more agile.

I’m not sure what the scale is, for both Marvel and DC, to be honest.

“The idea isn't to beat Bane in hand-to-hand though, it's to retreat back when at this distance.”

If he is in a position where he runs out of environmental, and standard, projectiles he’d be forced into a position of hand to hand, and whilst I know he is skilled he probably wouldn’t hold a candle to Bane’s size as well as skill. He’s matched Batman, as most people know, and has beaten Azreal off venom, even when Azreal was dosed up on venom in fact. In reality Azreal only won his 2* fights against Bane because of venom. Which is a weakness Bullseye wouldn’t be able to utilize because Bane

“ And if Bullseye is a little careless in regards to overusing his projectiles, he can always pick new ones up from the environment:”

Everything runs out eventually.

This is just something interesting to note, but Bane lost about 5* “fair” fights, in all of his post crisis canon comic appearances. One of which was MAJOR PIS, that’s one of the few times I think it’s fair to use that term, it was Bane vs Thomas Jagger *throws up*. The other fights were against Batman, one of which he almost won and was even in an explosion pre-fight. And the other two were Azreal, both of them he was using his addiction to venom to his advantage, one of them he had the entire GCPD helping him along with a high powered suit that releases batarangs as fast as bullets along with claws and gifting Azbats increased durability, yet still requiring to throw him off the cliff and HITTING HIM WITH A TRAIN.

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

Bullseye is far from a novice, however he won’t prevail against Bane. Very few fighters do. Bane can dodge a majority of his throwing blades, as I’ve mentioned with him dodging Batman’s batarangs. And the few that do hit him will just annoy Bane. Bane is a tank, his pain durability and tolerance is immeasurable, and his willpower has transcended human abilities.

No Caption Provided

His strength is too much for Bullseye, and Bane’s hand to hand skill is on par with Batman’s. They have both one hit Nightwing, give or take, and their fight record against against Azreal is identical. And of course Bane has matched Batman in combat before.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716963-7531154717-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716964-6789698392-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716965-2459732298-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716966-1069426178-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716968-6714552167-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716969-4507238277-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716971-4024266555-azrae.jpg

Bane's victory's over Azreal.

Batman's victory's over Azreal.

Of course I'm excluding Knightfall's fights, because that would take up everything.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716991-7684801480-19705.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716992-3783305666-19705.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716993-2013217132-19705.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716994-7235584442-19705.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4716995-4784875054-19705.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717008-9545991540-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717009-3373366113-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717010-9951687395-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717011-8276439220-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717013-2391046491-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717014-6971855108-azrae.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717015-6165704417-azrae.jpg

Azreal defeating them.

Batman and Bane one hitting Nightwing.

As you can see from these scans, Bane and Batman's feats are oddly similar.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717031-6248768277-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717032-5488276793-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717033-3981313577-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717034-4939090925-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717035-8922645498-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717037-7372460578-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717039-2390105875-Detec.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717040-6656321859-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717041-4258691821-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717042-8753729106-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717042-8753729106-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717043-7788805027-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717044-3414779590-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717045-9940557760-Detec.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717046-8488909372-batvs.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4717048-0814121697-batvs.jpg

Bane is fast enough to dodge throwing knives, even from an expert marksman, and durable enough to tank the ones that break his defenses with minimal pain.

Bane was even caught in an explosion, and still matched the Batman. And he can heal, via venom. So it will basically boil down to, more or less, the equivalent of Batman, as shown by my scans above, vs Bullseye in hand to hand, therefore, I believe, Bane would win.

@thedandyman:

No Caption Provided

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By username12345

@renchamp said:

@username12345: Please make sure your posts follow the image rule. Three full page scans per issue, tops.

Fixed with spoiler blocks(?)

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@username12345: Nope. You aren't even supposed to upload them.

What? How are we supposed to show a fight if we can't show kung fu skill?

Anyways, once I got what you were talking about I fixed it. The Batman and Azreal vs Bane fights. I thought you were talking about my giant scans.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheDandyMan

@username12345: Well done on your first actual CaV (although I know you've got a good amount of experience debating for Batman on the forums ;) ). I'll tag everyone who put their name down to vote, sorry if I miss anyone out.

@joewell, @batbro15, @kingant27, @keenko, @batman1130, @zeezee123, @lamdaddy20, @imperfect_cell, @jhaigo, @jacthripper, @allstarsuperman, @thesupremesorcerer, @batman3000

I'm also going to tag the debaters rating thread team, hopefully you guys don't mind.

@higorm, @thetruebarryallen, @cosmicallyaware1, @thenewbluebeetle007, @lukehero

Which one of us do you think presented their argument the best?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Well done on your first actual CaV (although I know you've got a good amount of experience debating for Batman on the forums ;) ). I'll tag everyone who put their name down to vote, sorry if I miss anyone out.

Thank you.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: ok so I know I asked to tag for votes. If you don't mind could you explain how it works?