CaV: Bullseye (Realitywarper) VS Taskmaster (CA1)

• 64 results
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#1  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

alright then. It's about time to heat things up. Realitywarper expressed some interest in having a debate, and the Cosmicone agreed to participate in only the second CaV that RW has done!

This is a Mercenary Villian Street Level Battle at it's finest!!!

one one side, represented by: Realitywarper, is...................Bullseye!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

and on the other side is: represented by Cosmicallyaware1, is..................Taskmaster!!!

No Caption Provided

Rules of Engagement!

• No prep. Random encounter. However individuals hail from the same universe, they have general info on each other...and depending if they have encountered or not, they have more!!!
  • Moral as applicable.......HA! there is no here! and these gentlemen may rise to a bloodlusted state.
  • Win is KO / Incapacitate / Kill if necessary
  • There are civilians (however very few) and they may be used as "plot elements" in the debate.
  • Gear? Good question. You will see in the Introductions. we will call it "modified standard".
  • This is a CaV match. An argument between two individual Viners, choosing two characters. This is a debate between them, and them only. Let them have their debate, and then when it is over and open to voting.....you may comment. But only then, please hold your comments until the end of the debate. Even then......when voting opens.....you must either be A.) tagged to vote or b.) have a post count of 1000 or higher to be considered viable.

No Caption Provided

I start Top right. You start bottom left. We are aware of each other's position.

Any Questions?

I say battle start!!!

Requests for Voting tags:

• Life_Without_Progress
  • jwalser3
  • TheDandyMan
  • TheNewBlueBeetle007
  • MysticMedivh
  • Keenko
  • WarBlade539
  • Eisenfauste
  • NeonGameWave
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh man, this is the shizz!

T4V, guys!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

T4V please.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Tag me please.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tag

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: It sounds good to me. Muchas Gracias Senor. :p

cool. So I typically lead every debate/match with an Introduction post (educates other viners on your character, in case they are not familiar). If you are unsure, I can provide some links for you to take a look at so you can get a good understanding of what they constitute.

I'll work on getting mine up ASAP, you get your done, and then we can dive into it! Savvy?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Tag me.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper said:

@cosmicallyaware1: It sounds good to me. Muchas Gracias Senor. :p

cool. So I typically lead every debate/match with an Introduction post (educates other viners on your character, in case they are not familiar). If you are unsure, I can provide some links for you to take a look at so you can get a good understanding of what they constitute.

I'll work on getting mine up ASAP, you get your done, and then we can dive into it! Savvy?

Agreed my good Sir.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag please.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to post my argument first! You copycat! @cosmicallyaware1 :P

I have a CaV with Tony though, just in case you're asking why i'm acting seemingly delusional.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: ah, the other Taskmaster aficionado! Two debates with him goin at the same time! Whew, better make my representation stellar considering your skills.....

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Yes you should! ;) Although, i'm kinda excited to see what you'll bring here mate, maybe i'll learn something new :P

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Yes you should! ;) Although, i'm kinda excited to see what you'll bring here mate, maybe i'll learn something new :P

I teach you something new? Interesting. I shall try......

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag my butthole in this.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: almost done my Intro post, should be up soon. Are you working on yours?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: almost done my Intro post, should be up soon. Are you working on yours?

Yes. Sorry for the delay.

I'm slow but it can be an advantage sometimes.

Ps : Poor Flash.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RealityWarper

Here comes a New Challenger !

Ladies & Gentlemen, boys & girls, living beings & robots...

Here comes The Greatest Assassin Of All Time ! (TGAOAT !)

BULLSEYE !

No Caption Provided

I'm kidding ! BULLSEYE !!!!

No Caption Provided

The Life Of A Natural Born Killer ! (TLOANBN !)

Like every child, Lester was born !

I don't want to spoil you guys but Lester began his training with his bow and arrows on targets since the age of 8.

He has developped a lot of abilities since that.

Let's take a look at it !

Abilities & Powers (?) !

Ok guys.

Let's see the skills & abilities of Bullseye so you will know the man more.

• Strength & speed & agility : The usual above an Olympic athlete. He has what he needs to keep-up with Tony. Bullseye strength and speed have been recently upgraded in unknow limits then he is fast & strong enough to stomp Elektra.
  • Durability & pain tolerance : Lester is a strong guy. He has adamantium-laced bones fused to portions of his skeletons, including his spine. He has a high pain tolerance as he can continue to fight even badly wounded.
  • Winner mentality & vicious bastard : Bullseye is crazy and never give-up until he stop to breathe and even then you aren't sure that he will not try something, I will explain this later. Moreover he is used to rely on vicious attacks.
  • Stealth : Probably one of his strong point to. He is used to hide and kill his targets from a long range or come to the close-combat without being noticed.
  • Martial arts : He knows every pressure points and vulnerable spots in the human body and is able to turn virtually any object into a deadly weapon capable of incapacitating or killing an enemy.
  • Uncanny Accuracy & Perfect Aim : THE best ability of Lester ! He has the innate ability to throw any projectile with great unerring accuracy and deadliness borders on the uncanny.

Natural Born Killer I say :

No Caption Provided

Why Bullseye will win ?

Bullseye is a ruthless killer without morals.

He showed the ability to kill people by throwing at them inoffensive objects.

He has impressive physicals and an incredible tolerance.

His vicious way of fighting combined with his creativity will give him the win here.

He has been improved and his strength and his speed now makes him easily better than Elektra.

@cosmicallyaware1

I am ready my good Sir.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Just to let you know, there's only 1 argument needed here to win mate, let's see if you manage to pull it off from the start mate :P. Give justice to Mr. Masters, i expect no less from you.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Just to let you know, there's only 1 argument needed here to win mate, let's see if you manage to pull it off from the start mate :P. Give justice to Mr. Masters, i expect no less from you.

completely agree, and rest assured,.......I got this my man. I know exactly what you are referring to and trust me.....I shall not disappoint. Perhaps the brilliant posting and formatting I'm about to lay out will appease you enough to finally persuade you to participate in a match with me mate!!!!

I shall present Tony with the utmost competence my man........I just re-read all appearances to ensure context will be correct in my presentation ;)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GhostRavage

@cosmicallyaware1: Good to know mate, go for it. Also, just in case, i might be mentioning part of the argument in question in my CaV: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-aos-moon-knight-vs-ghostravage-taskmaster-1656423/ . I would like you to stay tuned for that one too. Best of luck mate and stomp Bullseye like Taskmaster surely would do realistically :P

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: mon ami...............I will be done my Intro tomorrow. I deeply apologize for the delay, I have been very busy. After I post my Intro, I suggest you prepare your initial strategy/round 1 post.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper:

it is my pleasure to once again showcase the man known as Taskmaster!

Taskmaster

No Caption Provided

Quick Biography // History and Evolution

Originally Tony Masters, the man who would become the Taskmaster was born a prodigious savant of mnemonic talents. He discovered his unusual abilities in childhood when, after watching a cowboy television program, he found he could duplicate the rope tricks he had seen the actors perform. Growing to understand his ability, he saw a man perform a difficult backwards leap from a diving board; he duplicated the dive, but nearly drowned because he didn’t know how to swim. Afterwards, his mother called in psychiatrists who studied his ability, terming it “photographic reflexes.” He employed his talent several times during his youth for professional gain, most notably when he became a star quarterback of his high school football team after watching one pro football game. After graduating high school he contemplated becoming a crimefighter, but decided crime would be more lucrative.

No Caption Provided

Since his initial debut, the character has seen some evolution and revamping of his origin. Anthony Masters was one of the best agents S.H.I.E.L.D had in their roster. After being sent in a mission to take down Horst-Gorscht and ODESSA, (a neo-nazi organization hidden in Bolma) that was working with Baron Von Strucker's HYDRA by developing Super Soldier Serums for them using Adolph Hitler's blood. By the moment Tony arrived to Gorstch, he was already hit by a bullet and was delusional, he told Tony about a perfected serum he developed which would not only boost people to peak levels of what was humanly possible, includingassimilating knowledge instantly. However the ODESSA structure began to collapse, this in combination with Gorstch's death would mean all his notes and knowledge would have been lost forever and the serum wouldn't have been able to be replicated. In the heat of the moment, Tony injected himself with the newly developed Soldier Serum for him to memorize Gorstch's notes and escape from the structure quickly. As a side-effect of the Serum, Tony developed a degree of amnesia and created an alter-ego called "Taskmaster" which worked as a mercenary for criminal organizations. That said, he subconsciously still worked for S.H.I.E.L.D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Watching broadcasts of superhuman activity, he executed several successful grand larcenies but underestimated the dangers involved in such work. He thus used his profits to start up academies where he trained aspiring super-villains, includingCrossbones, to become professionals. He designed a costume and took the name Taskmaster. He remained undetected until the activities of one head of an academy caused the Avengers to become aware of these facilities. Taskmaster battled Captain Americaand Iron Man, and was forced to flee.

Tony proceeded to have quit the illustrious career of a Mercenary and training rouges throughout the 616. Taskmaster is very good at training others. Among those he has trained is: Agent-X, Crossbones, Cutthroat,Diamondback, Hauptmann Deutschland,Spider-Woman, Spymaster and U.S.Agent. Taskmaster specially trained the Scarlet Spiders by having his mind connected to theirs and relaying recordings of Spider-Man's moves collected by SHIELD.

*Relevant Story Arc.....

Heroic Age

The new Taskmaster mini-series starts in Age of Heroes #3 in a short scene where Taskmaster finds himself surrounded by the Yakuza who are mentioning his new bounty. This is followed in Taskmaster #1with the Taskmaster meeting a waitress at a diner named Mercedes. The two have a conversation where it's revealed that Taskmaster has a memory condition. It seems that the more skills the Taskmaster learns, or recalls for use in combat, the more of his memories he loses. In order to keep his most treasured memories from being overwritten he has created a "memory palace" within his mind that he fills with familiar objects or places that are connected to specific memories. In order to recall these memories he has to go to these certain places or do certain things in the real world to recall his own past experiences.

When Mercedes leaves the table he is confronted by a Hydra agent who reveals that a rather large bounty has been placed on the Taskmaster's head. A large $1,000,000,000 dollar bounty. Not only that but the Hydra agent reveals that Hydra aren't the only ones that are after him, everyone is. It seems that an organization referred to as "The Org" are the ones that put out the bounty and that this organization has connections to every major terrorist organization on the planet. This is the agency that Taskmaster has apparently been getting his orders from on the quiet since the beginning of his career as a criminal. In the middle of the conversation, Taskmaster disarms the agent just as the diner is overrun with terrorists from several different factions, whom are all after the bounty. In a show of skill, he manages to subdue all of his would be attackers while blowing the diner up in the process to send a message to those coming after him. During the fight, Mercedes manages to escape and even made her way back home. When she gets there, there are men waiting for her. It seems she was followed by others that were after Taskmaster's bounty who say they saw him slip her a note at the diner. They assumed it was something important even though it was just a recipe. Taskmaster shows up and rescues Mercedes and then reveals that the Org is now after her as well. She has no alternative but to leave with Taskmaster in order to stay alive. It is later revealed that she is Taskmaster's wife who he does not remember because of his memory condition, and that she's been staying involved in his life in order to push him toward being a good person.

Following a battle with Avengers Academy trainee Finesse, who has photographic reflexes just like Taskmaster's, he admits that, while he can't be certain about it, he is more than likely Finesse's father as she suspects. He confides in her that the way his abilities work, each time he picks up a new technique, it pushes non-combat-oriented data out of his mind forever; so he can't remember much about his own personal life. This is both an explanation for how he could forget having a daughter and a warning for her to heed. This follows through on new aspects of Taskmaster's character introduced recently; establishing his near-amnesiac state as canon continuity.

No Caption Provided

And that should just about wrap it up for educating on Tony Masters. Any questions? Just ask!!!

Powers and Abilities // What makes Taskmaster unique??

Taskmaster has what he calls "photographic reflexes". After seeing someone perform an action once, he can perfectly copy the action. He has used this ability to copy the fighting styles and skills of many heroes and villains, mixing them up and turning them into his own style.

No Caption Provided

The people he has copied styles/skills are quite varied and some more notable ones include: Black Knight, Black Widow, Bullseye,Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Mister X, Puma, Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Tigra, Wolverine, Zaran, Blazing Skull, Boomerang, Machete, Oddball, and Libra.

He can only mimic actions to the extent that his body will allow. For example, he can copy the way Spider-Man fights, but can't copy his super strength. He can copy the way Daredevil moves to avoid danger, but he can't copy his radar. He can copy the fighting style of Deadpool but can't copy his unpredictability and healing factor. Copying skills doesn't give him an understanding of what is needed to do them either. He could copy a famous pianist's performance, but wouldn't be able to read sheet music. In a flashback he demonstrated something like this: when he was a child, he almost drowned after perfectly duplicating a swimmer's dive, forgetting that he couldn't swim.

No Caption Provided

To add to his abilities when he can't find someone to watch, Taskmaster uses the television. He watches movies and TV to study super-humans, athletes, stunt-men, archers, soldiers, wrestlers, etc. In this way, he has gained a wide range of combat as well as acrobatic skills including aerial acrobatics, gymnastics, boxing, martial arts (all the ones presently used and some historical ones), wrestling, swordsmanship, marksmanship, archery, car-jacking, and sleight of hand. By watching a video in fast forward, Taskmaster picked up the ability to move in "double time", giving him super speed for short periods of time.He also learned how to catch bullets during his mini-series.

No Caption Provided

that'a impressive to say the least. He is effectively the best H2H fighter in existence.

Weapons and Paraphernalia // "Standard Gear"

Taskmaster carries a wide variety of weaponry he uses to mimic the fighting styles he managed to copy. I will not be showcasing many of them here, as they are a bit overkill against Bullseye but I at least wanted to touch upon the variety of what Tony uses and it is all in the realm of standard gear for the character. Within his most consistent and visible gear we can see Captain America's shield, Black Knight's Sword, Daredevil's Billy Clubs and Hawkeye's Bow and Trick Arrows.

No Caption Provided

All this gear along with less known objects were carried manually by Taskmaster until his first solo series in 2002 introducing a new gear, commonly known as UDON suit. He changed his outfit and devices, but most importantly, he stole a S.H.I.E.L.D device which allowed him to create his weaponry by solidifying energy. This change proved to be very practical since he could move faster, avoid possible disarmament and utilize more weaponry in an easier way. Within the added weapons and gadgets: Wolverine's Claws andSpider-Man's Webshooters.

No Caption Provided

Some common examples of Taskmaster using Weaponry:

1) Utilizing Cap's vaunted Shield throwing skills 2) mimicking Punisher's shooting 3) Shield defense against multiple enemies 4) Hawkeye arrows = explosive 5) the shield once again, precision aim against Spider Man's webbing

Why Taskmaster will prove the victor here...

Tony Masters is a very underrated character. There is one key element that will really set this as a victory for Taskmaster: Bullseye will not be able to match him in H2H or fighting ability. I will go into this in greater detail in the battle and do not want to lay it all out right now, but Taskmaster will reign supreme. He's it broken down categorically:

• He has the combined fighting ability of Marvel's premier H2H fighters all rolled into one along with the agility and acrobatic skill to capitalize on the powersets.
  • He can add Bullseye's abilities to his during the battle.
  • Weaponry/gear will be an added touch to deflect and protect against any of Bullseye's projectile offense.
  • Mercenary background gives just the right amount of "no morals" needed to fight the psychopathic Bullseye.
  • His outfit is way cooler.

and with that, back over to you for Round 1!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: how's it looking so far mate? Did I do Tony justice in my Intro post ;) ?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: How long does your average CaV post take?

quite a bit actually. Generally a few days, but it can be longer depending how much time I can dedicate to working on it (ya know....work and family get in the way of CV). Depends also how much I revise it, I switch scans/images up a few times before I finalize on what I feel fits the best aesthetically. I put a lot of consideration into the formatting. I have developed a "posting template" now that I follow. Intros don't take as long as general responses do....In responses I have an "index" that I follow to flow the argument and each post I lead off with "Rebuttals/Counters" from my opponents previous post.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me 4 votes plz

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: That's impressive one CaV post took me 4 hours and I thought I was doing it wrong because it took so long lol.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: That's impressive one CaV post took me 4 hours and I thought I was doing it wrong because it took so long lol.

well to be fair if a post doesn't take you very long it's probably not a good CaV anyway

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean there are times when I can get them done faster , but it seems the longer I have been on the vine............the more complicated and lengthy my responses get. Some of the veteran debaters on the site put up quite the lengthy posts, look around.....you'll notice.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: we still doing this my man? Feel free to continue......

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, have not read it yet but I will in a bit, tag me for dem votes...

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Nice post mate, care to cite the instance with Deadpool? Anyways, i'll PM you what i meant with the 1 argument KO, it's so convenient you just can't lose with it.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: bump. I'll get something up asap, but feel free to continue.

@cosmicallyaware1: Nice post mate, care to cite the instance with Deadpool? Anyways, i'll PM you what i meant with the 1 argument KO, it's so convenient you just can't lose with it.

glad you approve my man. Not sure what you mean about the instance with Deadpool. Issue number that particular scan came from? testing my knowledge?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

T4V

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: I wanted to know from where did you get the scan from, not a test at all, just curious :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers