#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed Elric from FMA.

Classic Spawn. Spawn Before his Second Form.

Both fight in a Junk Yard. 20 feet Apart. In character. No Gear but what is pictured.

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

If you would like to go ahead and make your opening argument, I'll try to make my rebuttal tonight when I get to a desktop.

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Alright. Spawn Durability back then was pretty good. Like Near luke Cage in Blunt Damage. He still took Gunshot wounds and stabs.

As seen tho he has to increase to this level with a little Magic use.

Now this looks like a Low Showing here... it kinda is ... however he is newly reborn here and not to sure of his limits. However note the Blunt Beating he can tank from this guy who does this....

... for a living. Overt kill is a Tank.

Spawn however ends up ending this guy with his skills he had when he was alive.

He shows some Exceptional Skill feats here as he resorts to his old trade as the best Assassin in the World. There will be no guns here but that wont hinder him as he is armed with Chains, Cape, and Necro Attacks.

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward Elric is an incredibly versatile and fast combatant. He is also highly durable.

In the above video, he takes several blasts from Mustang and is able to do fairly well against Roy here. This is actually a low showing for Ed as he was inexperienced here and he showed dramatic improvement as the series progressed. He also becomes faster later on due to his upgraded automail.

I cannot find a video, but during his battle with Kimblee, Ed showed sufficient speed to blitz him (Kimblee remarking internally at how fast Ed was) and at the end of the same battle Ed demonstrated the ability to heal himself when he was struck with a fatal wound by using his own energy as a sort of Philosopher's stone.

He also was durable enough with his automail and fast enough to keep pace with Pride, as shown here:

Ed is also very clever in battle: he's shown the ability to enhance his automail's durability, mimicking Greed's "ultimate shield," transmuted dynamite into poison gases, utilized Scar's unique destruction alchemy, and utilizes his surroundings by generating barriers made out of stone, utilizing stone for offensive purposes and even controlling inanimate objects, as seen here when he utilizes statues for combat:

Here he overcomes Greed's "ultimate shield":

Given his ability to overcome seemingly indestructable objects, the fact that some of his primary antagonists sport immense healing factors, and his speed and martial skills--the latter being a result of his combat training with Izuni from childhood--Ed should have what it takes to KO this version of Spawn. @CadenceV2:

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: I think this fight will something akin to Pride vs Ed more so. Simply because with a little training from Cog and Houdini Spawn gets a grasp of the use of his Chains and Cape as forms of attack. Unlike Pride tho Classic Spawn Cape and Chains are Reflex and Reaction till his second form.

Chains block Automatic Fire making it hard for Range Attacks. The cape also quick enough to react to Spawns thought and block a Bio Laser.

Spawn biggest plus is his durability.

In the scan it says Each strap is 50 thousand volts each. theres like 5 of them. Thats alot of voltage and doesnt kill as much as KO Spawn into a stupor. Next 2 scans involve him tanking a Tank Shell through the chest.

This is Spawns first big fight against Violator. As seen he can heal his wounds (at great cost of power) or simply let the wounds stay there and trudge on. Violator strength is not that weak either. Violater has also stop a vehicle dead in its tracks.

Nothing to scoff at at all.

Thanks to Houdini's Training Spawn learns some of the basics of his Magic. more along Illusions.

Which he uses a few times in classic form to throw opponents off there game or as distractions.

Along with this he uses Range Attacks as well in the form of Hell Blast.

So with the cape and Chains Helping in defense and his Durability of shrugging off wounds he should stay in the battle a long time. For offense he can rely on his Illusion Magic to throw Ed off and use range in Hell Blast to keep him off balance. We know Ed like Spawn prefer CC. That suits Spawn just fine with his skill in H2H.

one of the biggest Problems I see for Ed trying to undo the Durability of Spaw thru Alchemy is that Ed Alchemy power is related to Science and Spawns abilities is rooted in Magic.

#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't forgotten about this I just haven't had time to get back to a computer to properly make my rebuttal.

#7 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple things I'll ask for while I'm waiting to get back to a desktop: what feats does classic Spawn have versus slashing damage, which would be Ed's preferred method of damage in close combat? In the scan you post showing that the cape operates autonomously, why does the villain reference Spawn's inability to do anything without his guns? While it's impressive that he, too, has speed feats to justify bullet-dodging, Ed's alchemical attacks are generally more area of effect attacks than small projectiles and will be significantly harder to evade for Spawn. His attacks have manifested themselves in large projectiles, gaseous forms and can be used in a variety of ways. Also, while Spawn's power is mystic in nature, as you showed he does still need to heal from physical damage--which Ed can provide in spades via automail and alchemical attacks--and that is by your own omission greatly taxing for Spawn to do.

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

A couple things I'll ask for while I'm waiting to get back to a desktop: what feats does classic Spawn have versus slashing damage, which would be Ed's preferred method of damage in close combat? In the scan you post showing that the cape operates autonomously, why does the villain reference Spawn's inability to do anything without his guns? While it's impressive that he, too, has speed feats to justify bullet-dodging, Ed's alchemical attacks are generally more area of effect attacks than small projectiles and will be significantly harder to evade for Spawn. His attacks have manifested themselves in large projectiles, gaseous forms and can be used in a variety of ways. Also, while Spawn's power is mystic in nature, as you showed he does still need to heal from physical damage--which Ed can provide in spades via automail and alchemical attacks--and that is by your own omission greatly taxing for Spawn to do.

Remember that Classic Spawn has really no clue how to use his powers yet. Eveything he does with the Cape and Chains is more instinct than his own thought. He wanted Terry saved from the Laser blast so the Cape Reacted. He needed protection form Bullets so the Chain jump to.

He learns a little control when using Hell Blast (which seem more physical than burning) and Illusions that involve distracting. He also learns to slightly boost his stats in strength and Durability to the Car Ramming Levels.

He can heal but its way too taxing. He usally had his suit hold hims limbs in place (which slowed him down alot) or heal the grievous of wounds.

Another Power he used alot was the Instant Teleporting and Flight. Flight cost no power.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Bump :)