• Full Knowledge
  • In Character
  • Starting Distance 50 feet apart

Blade's Gear

• Adamantium Sword
  • Four Silver Stakes
  • Four Glaives (Edged boomerangs)
  • Two Semi Automatic Pistols
  • Four Extra Clips (Silver Hollow Point)
  • Two Throwing Knives
  • Kevlar Vest
  • Two Vials Of Serum

Percy's Gear

• Riptide
  • Wrist Watch Sheild
  • Two Pieces Of Ambrosia
  • Four Javelins
Fight Location
#2 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Does the setup and gear look alright to you?

#3 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001 said:

How dare you over amp yourself

#4 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@Sovereign91001 said:

I don't see how he's over amped himself. That's like, Blade's standard gear.

#5 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@Alyssabird said:

@Sovereign91001 said:

I don't see how he's over amped himself. That's like, Blade's standard gear.

8 Amps vs 4 >.> thats like, Odin amped by DA, Odin Force, Runes, Warriors Madness, Belt of Strength, Asgard and so on and so forth, vs Galactus

#6 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: I'm sorry, are you saying standard gear is an amp?

It's not.

#7 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: As @Sideslash said that's more or less Blade's standard gear, it was listed in case my opponent wasn't familiar with his gear. I didn't bring anything outlandish or any of Blade's magical weapons to the fight, just what he normally carries. Your comparison is flawed as well, if my opponent has a problem with any of my selection's I'll be happy to adjust and discuss them with him as needed. In the meantime if you have any problems or concerns, feel free to pm me, I'll be happy to discuss them in detail. Please however do not clog up the thread, thank you.

#8 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Kay sorry >.>

#9 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird: No worries

#10 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001 said:

@Alyssabird: No worries

d:

#11 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy Jackson is invulnerable in all points save the small of his back. I'm not seeing how Blade will hit that spot.

Percy has defeated Ares, the Greek god of war. What chance will a vampire hunter have?

Vampire hunting isn't special to Percy anyhow, he kills armires of Empousae, which are basically the same as vampires.

Percy's reaction speeds far exceed Blade's. He can react to bullets.

He can create hurricanes that have powerful winds and lightning. What answer does Blade have to that?

Percy once survived a mountain exploding straight in his face WITHOUT his invulnerability. Imagine his durability WITH his invulnerability.

Percy has solo'ed entire armies before; he killed 300 undead soldiers armed with muskets, bayonets, spears, javelins, etc.

He fights gods, titans, and giants; he should have no problem with Blade.

Back to you.

#12 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Percy Jackson is invulnerable in all points save the small of his back. I'm not seeing how Blade will hit that spot.

Percy has defeated Ares, the Greek god of war. What chance will a vampire hunter have?

Vampire hunting isn't special to Percy anyhow, he kills armires of Empousae, which are basically the same as vampires.

Percy's reaction speeds far exceed Blade's. He can react to bullets.

He can create hurricanes that have powerful winds and lightning. What answer does Blade have to that?

Percy once survived a mountain exploding straight in his face WITHOUT his invulnerability. I magine his durability WITH his invulnerability.

Percy has solo'ed entire armies before; he killed 300 undead soldiers armed with muskets, bayonets, spears, javelins, etc.

He fights gods, titans, and giants; he should have no problem with Blade.

Back to you.

Since you didn't post otherwise I'll go ahead and assume you're okay with Percy's current gear

Okay onto your points:

Percy lost his invulnerability.

Blade has defeated demons and Dracula who is essentially a Vampire God

You are underestimating him, Blade has bullet time reactions as well and he's fast enough to blitz Vampires and Demons.

My knowledge on Percy is limited but according to his wiki (yes I know) his sustainability and control over hurricanes seems dubious, can you prove otherwise? Full knowledge also ensures he won't be caught by this ability unawares.

Blade is also easily capable of dealing with multiple enemies at the same time, although I don't think that's particularly relevant to a 1 on 1 fight.

Blade has high durability as well and a healing factor on top of that so he can take some punishment and he has an admantium sword, with his enhanced strength he shouldn't have a problem dealing damage, without his Curse does Percy have an answer for his glaives, bullets or sword?

Again you are underestimating Blade, he has fought and beaten many types of supernatural creatures not just Vampire's ranging from below to far above his power level.

I believe Blade has more skill, more experience (he's been hunting since at least WWII) and that should be enough to negate any power advantage Percy could claim.

I'm getting scans as we speak and I'll be posting them soon to substantiate everything I just posted as well as a battle plan for Blade, in the meantime feel free to post a rebuttal.

#13 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: Wait, so I'm using current Percy?

Yes, he's beaten vampires. But has he beaten somebody even remotely close to Percy? No.

He can't keep his hurricanes going for a huge amount of time, but he was able to easily beat a TITAN with it.

Blade has enhanced strength, but can he bench 4000 tons like Percy can?

As for 1 on 1 fights, Percy has beaten the god of war, god of fear, god of the underworld, titan lord of light, titan lord of time, and the giant that can destroy Neptune.

Riptide has stabbed straight through gods, steel, and concrete before. It will do the same to Blade.

Blade may have more experience, but not more skill. Percy is the greatest demigod that ever lived. He beat the god of war with 1 week of training. Ares would obliterate every creature Blade ever fought.

Even without his immunity, Percy has plenty of answers for glaives, bullets or swords. I'm surprised you asked. Percy has easily beaten creatures with those weapons.

The battlefield is a town. So there will be water around that Percy can use. Once he has water, he will have an incredible healing factor and his strength, stamina, and speed will be highly amped.

I'm leaving right now. I'll respond again tomorrow.

Back to you.

#14 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000:

Yes, he's beaten vampires. But has he beaten somebody even remotely close to Percy? No.

He's fought with Ghost Rider, Reaper and Dracula off the top of my head.

He can't keep his hurricanes going for a huge amount of time, but he was able to easily beat a TITAN with it.

How intelligent was this Titan and did he have knowledge of that ability of Percy's?

Blade has enhanced strength, but can he bench 4000 tons like Percy can?

No he can't but He doesn't need to out muscle Percy to beat him, Blade isn't a brawler he uses finesse and with an opponent he has knowledge on who has a strength advantage he wouldn't go around trading shot with him.

Even without his immunity, Percy has plenty of answers for glaives, bullets or swords. I'm surprised you asked. Percy has easily beaten creatures with those weapons.

So you are saying without his Curse or Fleece he's bulletproof? Can you show that?

The battlefield is a town. So there will be water around that Percy can use. Once he has water, he will have an incredible healing factor and his strength, stamina, and speed will be highly amped.

I don't see any water in that picture, that's an unsubstantiated claim.

Generally speaking an in character Blade will avoid using lethal force on Human's but Percy's lineage means he'll be facing a Blade who's not pulling his his punches (so to speak)

Blade has what I believe is the speed advantage, he's capable of reacting to, dodging and deflecting bullets even at point blank range. He is capable of dodging lasers, he's capable of keeping up with a bloodlusted Spitfire in combat (She has Vampire Speed on top of her super speed), he can move faster than human's, vampires and demon's can percieve.

Blade is a high enough level marksman that he could put a bullet in Percy's eye, I feel fairly confident saying Percy has never faced a marksman of Blade's caliber, doesn't matter if it's hand held weaponry or guns Blade has deadly accuracy.

In terms of Swordsmanship Blade is a beast.

Here are a couple durability and healing showings:

Battle Strategy (Initial)

Since Blade has a range advantage I'd have him try to pressure Percy with his pistol's, with two of them he can place shots on multiple locations on Percy's body, his Vampiric Speed would increase the amount of rounds he can put down range within a given amount of time, he'll be aiming for a head shot or barring that a shot to disable his opponent (kneecap, shoulder, sword arm etc.) as long as he staggers his shots he should be able to keep a steady stream of bullets on Percy. He can close distance making his shot's harder to avoid (For someone of Blade's speed 50ft is a negligible space). In addition to what I mentioned This serves the purpose of keeping Percy off balance and unable to focus on controlling his weather manip. and getting his mid range weapons, the knives, glaives and (if need be) the stakes in play.

If Percy is still able to fight (somehow) Blade would be more than comfortable engaging him sword to sword, any wounds he may have inflicted will work in his favor, Blade should be able to out duel Percy, getting a fatal or debilltating strike. If the stakes weren't thrown earlier Percy's gonna have to worry about a close range stake, which Blade has slipped out in CQC on numerous occasions.

#15 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: Percy's beaten cyclopes, titans, gods, giants, zombie soldiers, dracanae, empousae (greek vampires,) hellhounds, other demigods, minor gods, spirits, etc. Don't know about you, but beating a god seems more impressive than beating Dracula.

At first the titan didn't know about his hurricanes, but he figured out pretty quickly.

Percy has beaten titans & giants that had full knowledge on him. You mentioned how Blade's strength would damage him; Percy fought Polybotes (a giant with the power to destroy a god) and beat him with no damage done at all.

He isn't bulletproof, but he's blocked bullets before with riptide. He did so in the titan's curse.

How can a town be populated when there is absolutely no water in it? What western town doesn't have a saloon?

I don't see how Blade is faster. Percy has also blocked bullets & he reacted to a light attack in the last olympian, and tagged the titan of light.

Using water, Percy can make a shield that can withstand hundreds of metal objects hitting it at once. (Last olympian.) It should be able to handily block bullets.

How could Blade possibly beat Percy in a sword duel? Percy beat the god of war (lightning thief,) the god of fear (demigod files,) the titan of light (last olympian,) the titan of time (last olympian,) the giant meant to destroy neptune (son of neptune,) and he beat a demigod who destroyed the titan krios (mark of athena,) in a sword fight.

In that fight with the demigod, he received a full-out bolt of lightning to the chest. He recovered in seconds.

If Blade tries to get close, Percy can use water to incapacitate him. Or he could blow him away with wind. Or he could use lightning, (he controls lightning when he uses a hurricane.)

Also, even if there is absolutely no water in that town and it's bone-dry, Percy (in the battle of the labyrinth) summoned water from the ocean when he was in the middle of the U.S. He could do the same against Blade.

As for throwing knives, Percy would have no problem avoiding them. In the last olympian, he was knocking aside thrown weapons without any problems at all.

If Blade stays in the distance, Percy can generate an earthquake (battle of the labyrinth.) He did so in that book and literally blew up mt. saint helens. Not only that, but he survived the explosion point-blank in the face.

I apologize that I can't post scans. There's no animation for this, so I'll just list the book that the feats are in.

Back to you.

#16 Posted by Bossmonster (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: Personally I think you are underplaying Blades Strength. When he picked up the Reaper, he was easily pushing 10 tons given that thing was much larger than the average elephant, but that's just my opinion. All what scan source are you using?

#17 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Two characters I haven't seen much of on here recently. I will watch with interest.

#18 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster: I agree Blade is much stronger than his offical data shows, he has consistent showings that put him well into the multi ton range. Even still he's nowhere near the 4000 tons logy5000 said Percy has, even still the strength differential shouldn't be an issue. As for scans, Blade is hard to come across, everything you see is what I have on my hard drive that I've come across on various sites over the past few years, I vaugely remember seeing a feat thread for him on Bleeding Cool a few years ago but I looked and couldn't find where it is now. Maybe when this is done I'll compile and make a respect thread for everything I have.

@Lord_Johnathan: Please Do! And feel free to vote when we're finished.

#19 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

It's logy5000. XD

#20 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Sorry :) Fixed and I'll be posting soon.

#21 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: No problem.

#22 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

I apologize that I can't post scans. There's no animation for this, so I'll just list the book that the feats are in.

That's fine but it'd be nice if you could get quotes from the book so I can gather the context of his feats.

Percy's beaten cyclopes, titans, gods, giants, zombie soldiers, dracanae, empousae (greek vampires,) hellhounds, other demigods, minor gods, spirits, etc. Don't know about you, but beating a god seems more impressive than beating Dracula.

IIRC Reaper is a god (I wanna say that was stated in an issue of Blade, I'll double check though) and Blade beat him.

Percy has beaten titans & giants that had full knowledge on him. You mentioned how Blade's strength would damage him; Percy fought Polybotes (a giant with the power to destroy a god) and beat him with no damage done at all.

Again Blade doesn't need to outmuscle Percy to beat him, his sword (made of unbreakable metal) shouldn't have a problem piercing Percy, neither should any of his weapons, Percy has already been established as not being invulnerable (without his curse) or bulletproof (without his fleece). Physical strength will be a factor insofar as Blade isn't going to try and kickbox with Percy but it isn't going to be the determining factor here.

If Blade stays in the distance, Percy can generate an earthquake (battle of the labyrinth.) He did so in that book and literally blew up mt. saint helens. Not only that, but he survived the explosion point-blank in the face.

I'm not too worried about an Earthquake, there's no overhanging debris that Blade has to worry about, no hills or landslide's he'd have to contend with and as they're outside (one of the safest places to be during an earthquake) he'd have to avoid a fissure maybe but he has riddiculous leaping ability, shouldn't be a problem for him to avoid those. My question to you is did Percy survive that explosion unaided, was that his natural durability?

Also, even if there is absolutely no water in that town and it's bone-dry, Percy (in the battle of the labyrinth) summoned water from the ocean when he was in the middle of the U.S. He could do the same against Blade.

I imagine that effect wasn't instant, so Blade has some time to work with, and I'd Imagine it'd be hard for him to concentrate on summoning Water or controlling weather, while he's trying to deflect gunfire, from Blade...speaking of which...

He isn't bulletproof, but he's blocked bullets before with riptide. He did so in the titan's curse.

From multiple source's at the same time? (Blade has two guns) And from a marksman as skilled as Blade?

I don't see how Blade is faster. Percy has also blocked bullets & he reacted to a light attack in the last olympian, and tagged the titan of light.

What kind of attack? Lightning could be considered a light attack and yet Lightning doesn't come close to the speed of a laser

How could Blade possibly beat Percy in a sword duel?

How, Blade's skill with swords (bladed weaponry in general, hence the moniker) is well established, he can slash his sword so fast his opponents don't even realize they've been cut until they're fatally wounded (like I showed above). He has over half a century of experience with sword fighting, to say he couldn't match a wet-behind the ears (lame joke is lame :P) teenager with nowhere close to his experience with the sword is an insult to his skill and prowess.

As for throwing knives, Percy would have no problem avoiding them. In the last olympian, he was knocking aside thrown weapons without any problems at all.

Again Blade's strength and accuracy come into play; his strength means his thrown weapons will be coming in hot and fast, his accuracy is another factor not to be discarded here (you saw he was capable of plugging a gun barrel with a knife) what we're the caliber of weapon throwers Percy combated we're they equal in strength and skill to Blade? Even if the answer to both those questions is yes (as stated in my previous post) Blade would be closing distance rapidly, making not only his weapons progressively harder to avoid but keeping Percy off balance and his mind on avoiding Blade's weapons and not on summoning water or manipulating weather.

Okay onto scans:

Here we have a leaping showing from Blade, some sword prowess and him stalemating Wolverine, please pay attention to the last one; Blade says that he and Wolverine are too evenly matched and after busting into his pad and stabbing him and Wolverine apparently agrees with him and doesn't press the point or the fight. It should also be noted that S.H.I.E.L.D's tactical experts designated Blade as the person with the greatest chance of bringing Logan in.

#23 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: At the beginning I underestimated Blade, now you're underestimating Percy.

Even if Reaper is a god, that's still just 1 god. Percy has beaten 3. And he's beaten monsters that are more powerful than gods.

Percy's sword is also unbreakable, and it should have no issues at all cutting Blade; it has cut through steel armor like paper and cut through 3 feet of concrete wih no resistance. (Both feats are in last olympian.)

Yes, Percy survived the mountain explosion by himself.

Actually is was instant. Percy figured out quickly that there weren't any close water sources, and so he summoned a wave from the ocean instantly. Speaking of that: once Percy gets in water, Blade's chances will fall dramatically. Percy has never lost a fight when he used water. He beat the titan of light almost effortlessly when he used water. (This is assuming that there isn't any water in he town already.)

I'll admit that the monsters weren't as skilled as Blade, but the shot was almost point blank. Also, Percy stated that he could feel the path of the bullet & knew exactly where it was going.

The attack wasn't lightning, it was legit light. Percy was able to almost instantly react to it. (He needed water for this feat, though.)

"His opponents don't even realize they've been cut until they're fatally wounded." Blade never fought anybody with Percy's reaction speed. "to say he couldn't match a wet-behind the ears teenager with nowhere close to his experience with the sword is an insult to his skill and prowess." This is one of your examples of underestimating Percy; you're right that Blade has more experience, but that doesn't really mean he's a better swordsman. With only 1 week of training, he beat the god of war. (That was way before he actually became good.) That says something. You're blowing Percy off as an average kid. Percy has defeated opponents that are on a level far above the vamps Blade fought. At the end of the last olympian, Poseidon told Percy that he was greater than every demigod that ever existed. Hercules, Achillies, Perseus, you name it. They all had more experience, but Percy was above them all.

The weapons were thrown by Dracanae, whom are below Blade; but it doesn't matter. If Percy can deflect bullets & feel their paths, knives will be absolutely no problem at all. Even if he couldn't, he has created a hurricane to deflect javelins, spears, & knives. (Son of Neptune.) And in the OP, Blade has 2 knives, so it's not like he'll distract Percy for very long. Also, you're bringing up that Blade will be more & more dangerous as he closes distance, it's actually on the contrary. Once he ges too close, Percy will bring pain to Blade with water & hurricanes.

Oh, and Percy has 2 squares of ambrosia. Ambrosia will heal him from pretty much any wound that Blade will inflict.

And to be generous in your favor, let's say he runs out of ambrosia & Blade inflicts more wounds. Percy has an incredible healing factor in water. In the lightning thief, he got his chest literally ripped open by a hellhound & he was going to die. He got in water & healed instantly. (Also in the lightning thief,) he was stabbed in the leg by a monster & poison was in his heart, he was on the verge of dying, water instantly healed him. In the last olympian, Kronos cut open his arm with his scythe. Percy was losing a dangerous amount of blood & his soul was literally leaking out; water healed him instantly.

Sorry if there are any spelling errors. This keyboard is insensitive.

So back to you.

#24 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000

Sorry if there are any spelling errors. This keyboard is insensitive.

Not a problem.

Yes, Percy survived the mountain explosion by himself.

If that's true (and I have no reason to believe it's not) it sounds like PIS/WIS to me, a character who is not bulletproof is able to tank a freaking mountain exploding (setting aside the huge amount of energy that would take) and he was unscathed? Doesn't add up too me.

Blade never fought anybody with Percy's reaction speed.

I disagree, he's fought with Spider-Man (twice post day walker), and Wolverine (once post day walker) two character's with hundreds of showings of their exceptionally fast reflexes and kept up with both of them. He's even been able to keep up with Spider-Man as a vampire (when his reactions and speed are enhanced). He's kept up with Morbius and Dracula as well (I'll detail one of their fight's below)

The attack wasn't lightning, it was legit light. Percy was able to almost instantly react to it. (He needed water for this feat, though.)

So with water he's as fast as Blade is normally, sounds like Blade has a reflex advantage starting out.

"to say he couldn't match a wet-behind the ears teenager with nowhere close to his experience with the sword is an insult to his skill and prowess." This is one of your examples of underestimating Percy; you're right that Blade has more experience, but that doesn't really mean he's a better swordsman. With only 1 week of training, he beat the god of war. (That was way before he actually became good.) That says something. You're blowing Percy off as an average kid. Percy has defeated opponents that are on a level far above the vamps Blade fought. At the end of the last olympian, Poseidon told Percy that he was greater than every demigod that ever existed. Hercules, Achillies, Perseus, you name it. They all had more experience, but Percy was above them all.

I was joking and that was inappropriate and for that I sincerely apologize. Please don't think I'm underestimating Percy because I'm not, not in the slightest. I'd be a fool to think Blade isn't gonna have a helluva fight on his hands. Allow me to elaborate on the point I was trying to make: Pre-daywalker Blade (prior to him gaining Vampire abilites) has fought and beaten master level swordsmen, Supernaturally enhanced and otherwise, post daywalker is the same case and each time he's come out on top.

I'll admit that the monsters weren't as skilled as Blade, but the shot was almost point blank. Also, Percy stated that he could feel the path of the bullet & knew exactly where it was going.Also, Percy stated that he could feel the path of the bullet & knew exactly where it was going.

Blade did more or less the same thing when he used a bullet to split his handcuffs(I posted a scan of that in an earlier post) Also that was a single bullet, he'll have to do that from two guns, staggered or fired in tandem, at a faster than human rate of fire, is that possible for Percy?

The weapons were thrown by Dracanae, whom are below Blade; but it doesn't matter. If Percy can deflect bullets & feel their paths, knives will be absolutely no problem at all. Even if he couldn't, he has created a hurricane to deflect javelins, spears, & knives. (Son of Neptune.) And in the OP, Blade has 2 knives, so it's not like he'll distract Percy for very long.

And 4 Glavies (which return to him) and 4 Stakes

Also, you're bringing up that Blade will be more & more dangerous as he closes distance, it's actually on the contrary. Once he ges too close, Percy will bring pain to Blade with water & hurricanes.

I disagree I think Blade is more dangerous the closer he gets especially given this newest information about Percy and water.

Actually is was instant. Percy figured out quickly that there weren't any close water sources, and so he summoned a wave from the ocean instantly. Speaking of that: once Percy gets in water, Blade's chances will fall dramatically. Percy has never lost a fight when he used water. He beat the titan of light almost effortlessly when he used water. (This is assuming that there isn't any water in he town already.)

I'll address this in a second.

Oh, and Percy has 2 squares of ambrosia. Ambrosia will heal him from pretty much any wound that Blade will inflict.

Same case with Blade's serum

Percy has an incredible healing factor in water. In the lightning thief, he got his chest literally ripped open by a hellhound & he was going to die. He got in water & healed instantly. (Also in the lightning thief,) he was stabbed in the leg by a monster & poison was in his heart, he was on the verge of dying, water instantly healed him. In the last olympian, Kronos cut open his arm with his scythe. Percy was losing a dangerous amount of blood & his soul was literally leaking out; water healed him instantly.

Blade has a pretty high level healing factor as well, (I'll post a scan with him detailing how it works and some more showings) Percy reaching water is my biggest concern tbh. But I'm still convinced he'll have trouble summoning water to him while he's under attack from Blade, imo it's gonna take everything he has to avoid getting tagged.

Onto scans:

First we have Blade explaining to Spitfire that a Vampire healing factor works through will, note how quickly she recovers from a broken back and various injuries. Blade's healing factor works in a similar manner.

Moving on here is an early showing of Blade's healing factor and a swordmanship showing:

This next one is skill and style: Wolverine and Colossus having some trouble with Vampires, Storm show's up, the Vampire still escapes, Cue Blade coming in and showing them how it's done...literally.

And speaking of the X-Men, I know you haven't been very impressed by me saying Blade has beaten Dracula, here is a showing for him by way of Soulstealer from the Dracula VS Venom thread here on Comicvine (scans are in reversed order):

If that doesn't show the caliber of opponent Dracula is I don't know what will. Blade has staked Dracula quite a few times and here is their first encounter post Daywalker (along with Blade fighting Vampire Spider-Man and the aftermath of that battle):

I'm pretty much out of scans I can use for this battle (I have more but they're not applicable to Percy) so after you make your rebuttal I'll make a closing statement, you can make one and then we can go to votes if you're agreeable.

#25 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: Interesting.

He wasn't unscathed, he was injured & unconscious. Still a good feat.

That's true but Percy kept up with the Titan of light & in fact the titan didn't land a single blow.

Wait, Blade has light-level reaction speed? At the beginning you said it was bullet-level.

That's impressive, but Percy beat the god of war, light, time, and the bane of neptune; all of whom the title of master swordsman is an understatement.

Percy was 14 & out-of-practice when he blocked the bullet. It's probably safe to say that he could block multiple bullets now. Though he may not be fast enough to deflect a barrage of bullets, if he can access water he can create a shield.

I don't see why Percy should have many issues deflecting those. If he can't, a hurricane certainly could.

There should be water in a town if people can live in it. Percy can use it to his great advantage. With water, Percy will have unlimited, amped speed & strength & stamina.

If they both have healing factors that are neck-to-neck, this will be a long drawn-out battle. But if Percy has water, he'll never tire out. I don't think the same can be said for Blade.

I'm impressed that Blade can beat vamps better than Wolverine & Colossus, but Percy has beaten Ares (lightning thief,) Kronos (last olypmian,) Hyperion (last olympian,) Iapetus (demigod files,) Phobus (demigod files,) Polybotes (son of neptune,) a couple other giants whose names escape me at the moment (mark of athena,) and he beat the demigod that destroyed krios with his bare hands (mark of athena,) I think it'd be safe to say that those guys are above Dracula.

Jason, (Percy's cousin,) has the ability to shoot lightning that can shred apart a building. He became bloodlusted & shot a full-out bolt of lightning at Percy straight in the chest....... Percy got up in a few seconds, ready to fight again. (There was no water to help his stamina.) Just imagine his endurance when he DOES have water around.

Question: Is it in Blade's character to shoot at a distance? 'Cause in the OP you said their morals apply.

Also, I have no problem with your idea about voting soon.

Back to you.

Oh, and I won't be able to respond again until Monday; sorry about that.

#26 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

When are you planning on replying?

#27 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Sorry got side tracked, I'll compose my response now.

#28 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Percy was 14 & out-of-practice when he blocked the bullet. It's probably safe to say that he could block multiple bullets now. Though he may not be fast enough to deflect a barrage of bullets, if he can access water he can create a shield.

That's part of where I think Blade will have his edge.

If they both have healing factors that are neck-to-neck, this will be a long drawn-out battle. But if Percy has water, he'll never tire out. I don't think the same can be said for Blade.

Blade already has ridiculous stamina he's fought dozen's of Vampire's been shot in the leg, avoided helicopter gunfire and had enough to still take down a small contingent of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. Stamina is not going to be an issue for him.

Question: Is it in Blade's character to shoot at a distance? 'Cause in the OP you said their morals apply.

By a distance I'm guessing you mean from the get go? I didn't put morals on and instead opted for in character and full knowledge because I wanted the fight to reflect how each character would react to the other organically but without the murkiness of prep. In Blade's case I believe the fact that Percy has supernatural origins would allow him to use lethal force, he tends not to use lethal force on humans if at all possible. So long answer to your question is yes, he would shoot at a distance, he's done so before with crossbows and guns.

Okay onto my battle strategy, I don't see much that I need to adjust except Blade should be targeting Percy's vitals instead of going for incapacitating shots, I think my plan is pretty solid and I feel confident in the case I've made for Blade. As I said earlier my biggest concern is Percy reaching water, if he does he probably would win (against Blade not juiced on blood) if he doesn't Blade should win imo. I still think think the pressure of being in battle and trying to avoid a barrage of bullets, thrown weapons etc. from a fighter of Blade's caliber would be too much for Percy who's control of elements outside of water seems dubious. Blade's experience in dealing with the supernatural, his skill level and powers I think grant him the victory in this battle.

In closing to my opponent logy5000 (spelled it right this time!) thank you for the debate it was a lot of fun and I've learned a ton about Percy a character I didn't know very much about and have a new found respect for. Best of luck to you in the votes and may the better case win.

#29 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: Since this is a town with a population, I'm convinced there will be water. If so he can create a shield out of it to block Blade's shots. If Blade gets a shot in, water should be able to handily fix that problem. (Since his heart was being destroyed by poison & water fixed it quickly.)

That's impressive, but Percy took down an army of hellhounds, dracanae, empousae (the equivalent of vampires,) demigods, & the Minotaur; with enough energy left over to stand up to Kronos (this was in the last olypmian.) This was also without using water. I believe that feat is just more impressive than a dozen Vampires.

As for elemental control, Percy is capable of summoning water even when he's distracted. In the battle of the labyrinth, he was trapped in a mountain; telekhines (dog-seal-resembling monsters,) drenched him in lava. He was being burned alive and couldn't think straight. But he summoned water & accidentally blew up the mountain. (And survived it too.)

As for h2h fighting: while there isn't a single doubt in my mind that Blade is a master swordsman to say the least, Percy has defeated the greatest swordsman of the gods (Ares,) the greatest titan swordsman (Hyperion,) and one of the strongest giants (Polybotes.)

When he was fighting Hyperion, he drew strength from water, toyed with Hyperion & almost effortlessly beat him. Same with Polybotes. He has the power to destroy a god, but Percy beat him (after fighting in the roman army,) without being touched once.

For skill level, Percy was stated to be above all demigods. This was stated towards the end of the last olympian.

By the way, I never explained Percy's ability to bench thousands of tons. In the titan's curse, in order to defeat Atlas, Percy had to hold the sky above his head. It was stated it was comparable to the weight of a thousand trucks. The regular sized truck weighs about 2 tons.

^^That's sort of an assumption of strength. But if that doesn't work, he has another feat. In the last olympian, during his fight with Kronos (who is at least as strong as Atlas,) Percy drew power from water and forced Kronos backwards, then proceeded to slice open his armor.

Since OP says that Percy & Blade have full knowledge on each other, Percy will know that Blade will attack with his guns; in that case Percy will most likely be ready to summon water to use against Blade.

Thank you too. This is the most fun I've had in a debate & I have a new respect for Blade & have learned a lot about him.

Let the voting begin. May the odds be ever in your favor.

#30 Posted by AgentEx (80 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a great debate. I'm kinda leaning towards both of you.

#31 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit torn apart, Logy's argument are sound its the lack of scans or videos to back it up that seem sad.

Still voting for Logy .

#32 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah since it's all books there's no pictures or anything, unfortunately.

Thanks for voting.

#33 Posted by Termination (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmhhhh. It's hard to tell. Both did a great job.

I'm leaning towards logy5000.

#34 Posted by 18hunt (2903 posts) - - Show Bio

LOGY!

#35 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

3-0 Logy

#36 Posted by terry2012 (5105 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Logy.

#37 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Im giving it to logy.

#38 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

btw i think blade is outclassed here.

#39 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: he was, so I'm not too surprised by the result, not taking anything away from logy, who debated excellently.

Congrats to @logy5000 you take it 5-0, I hope I can debate you again sometime and try and get my rematch!

Thank you to:@rolldestroyer: @terry2012: @18hunt: @Termination: @Killemall: @AgentEx: @Alyssabird: @Lord_Johnathan: @Bossmonster:@Sideslash: for all commenting, watching and or voting on this thread, it was a blast!

Well that's it I think, so this one is done!

#40 Posted by terry2012 (5105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: You welcome.

#41 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Logy FTW

#42 Posted by Bossmonster (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't see this til now. Personally I would have voted @Sovereign91001:

@logy5000: had a good point and all, but how do I know any of it's true. There have been many people that have posted text from written sources.

It was a good debate and my hats off to you both, but I just don't understand how this went 5 - 0 when one of the debaters provided no evidence to support is position. And this isnt' a person attack or anything. Just don't see how that is fair to the other debater who did provide support for his position to have is opponent pretty much get a win based completely off here-say.

:(

#43 Posted by Hyperlight (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

that was dope... logy ftw( i think)

#44 Posted by Hyperlight (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster said:

I didn't see this til now. Personally I would have voted @Sovereign91001:

@logy5000: had a good point and all, but how do I know any of it's true. There have been many people that have posted text from written sources.

It was a good debate and my hats off to you both, but I just don't understand how this went 5 - 0 when one of the debaters provided no evidence to support is position. And this isnt' a person attack or anything. Just don't see how that is fair to the other debater who did provide support for his position to have is opponent pretty much get a win based completely off here-say.

:(

wow thats true.

#45 Posted by Bossmonster (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: I have to ask, if you agree with what I said, why vote for the other person? I'm just trying to understand.

#46 Posted by Hyperlight (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster: im not so much agreeig as undertanding were you are coming from. do we make our votes bsed on there arguments alone?

#47 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: Generally speaking on CaV unless otherwise stated your voting on who made a better case for their character and who's debating skills you thought were superior not on who you personally think would win the match, at least that's how I vote. My fault for not clarifying that point before voting started, but its not a big deal these CaV's are more just for fun, keeping your skills sharp and bragging rights.

Logy made a very good case for Percy, better than mine for Blade (as reflected by the votes) and as such deserved the win, it's good though, it shows me I need to keep working on my skills.

@Bossmonster: Thank you for that, maybe I'll do better next time. :)

#48 Posted by Bossmonster (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: I was always under the impression that we voted based on who put up the better debate, not who we think will actually just win.

@Sovereign91001: While I respect your sportsmanship, I heartfully disagree with you. From my point of up, you're opponent, in all due respect, basically told us that Percy wins because he's got all this great stuff going for him. Truthfully, the deal about the water was pretty serious and if Percy can A)Summon it instantly, B) Be healed by it instantly and C)Never tire out while he has it??? Man, that is a tough wall to climb and you would be hard pressed to over come this. However, I didn't leave this debate knowing anything more about the Character than I did going in because your opponent, for whatever his reasons were, did not give citation or proof.

Heck, I'm totally understanding when it comes to hard to find scans and the like. But what it comes down to is pretty much "Pic's or it didn't happen." You could have totally argued the point "Percy didn't do any of that." Or made up some lame think that happen to Percy and said it happened in one of the book titles and it would have carried just as much weight. That is the issue I take here.

I think your opponent was respectful, displayed skill and over all knowledge of the character (should all the things he say be true because I serious know nothing about the story) but he did not teach us anything or really supply info that should have given him the Win here. But like I said, that's just my feelings on this.

Good debate regardless. It was worth the read.

#49 Edited by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster: You should know that these are novels and not picture books.

#50 Posted by Bossmonster (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Yes. I am aware.

However, I have read many debate where people copy past citations from different books to illustrate points they are trying to make. I realize that it is probably much hard to do than get scans, but it is in fact possible.

Like I said, it was a good debate. Just wish you would had given more proof.