CAV: Blade (Sovereign91001) vs Hellboy (ComicStooge)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

Represented by Sovereign91001
Represented by Sovereign91001

VS

Represented by ComicStooge
Represented by ComicStooge

RULES

- Morals off

- Win via KO or Kill

- Blade has standard gear

- Hellboy has the Good Samaritan, grenade belt and a broadsword

- Combatants start 50 metres apart

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

Hellboy's greatest advantage in this fight will be his durability and endurance, along with his strength and his infamous Right Hand of Doom!

Durability-wise, Hellboy is a beast.

He's tanked gunfire from an MG 42 machine gun and any damage he received (if any at all) was very minor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's tanked the explosion of a hand grenade at close range and has gotten up just fine:

No Caption Provided

In terms of blunt force trauma, he's taken punches from giants, cybernetic Nazi men, mechanically and biologically enhanced Nazi Gorillas etc.

However, his best durability feat in terms of blunt force trauma Hellboy's best feat is falling from a ridiculous height and not only surviving, but getting up soon after to fight against a group of Nazis (he really hates them):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strengthwise, he's very impressive too.

Here, he breaks a large wooden log he was chained too and uses it to attack a demon:

He's kicked down sections of stone pillars:

No Caption Provided

Thrown a tree using his weaker, left arm:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's also toppled a massive pillar of rock using his legs:

His Right Hand of Doom is his best physical attribute, though. It's indestructible and can hit hard as hell:

In this scan, he easily crushes an axe:

No Caption Provided

He's broken a mystically enhanced sword on it:

No Caption Provided

And here are examples the Hand's ridiculous punching power:

He's one-shoted giant stone monsters:

KO'd big flesh and blood giants giants in one punch and shattered a giant's massive sword:

No Caption Provided

And has busted up the face of another large giant-like creature:

No Caption Provided

And he's knocked out a construct of Godzilla:

No Caption Provided
these feats should show that Hellboy's strength and durability are greater than Blade's.
these feats should show that Hellboy's strength and durability are greater than Blade's.

These feats should show Hellboy's strength and durability exceed Blade's and the striking power of his RHoD will cause major trouble for Blade, if he gets tagged.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sovereign91001

@comicstooge

I'll start with listing Blade's gear:

• Silver Stakes
  • Glavies
  • Vial of Vampire Blood
  • Knives
  • Dual Pistols w/silver hollow point ammo
  • Adamantium Odachi
  • Serum
  • Kevlar Vest
  • Sunglasses
  • Trenchcoat
  • Boot Stake

The Marvel handbook lists Blade's strength at 1 ton but his feats support a much higher level of strength: closer to 8 tons so he's not giving up much (if anything) in the brawn department.

Durability wise he has feats right up there with what you've shown for Hellboy so when the fight moves in close he shouldn't have a problem hanging with Hellboy, he's surrvied being dropped out of plane's, aircraft crashes, being stabbed, bulidings explosions and on top of that he has a healing factor

Blade has a few advantages in this fight imo. They are his speed, skill and gear.

Speed

Blade has enhanced speed and reflexes that allow him to regularly blitz Vampire's with greater than human reflexes and speed. His reflexes are even capable enough of keeping up with a Vampire version of Spider-Man or The Vampire enhanced speedster Spitfire. He can deflect gunfire from point blank range, Ghost Rider's Penance Stare and dance around lasers and the like, given the capability of his speed Blade should have no problem keeping up with and outpacing Hellboy.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see he moves so fast 'time slows down' That level of speed is going to make it hard for Hellboy to tag him and will likely be a point of frustration.

Skill

Blade is highly trained in swordsmanship, hand to hand combat, martial arts and marksmanship, he is exceptionally accurate with thrown weapons and firearms so hitting Hellboy where he wants to shouldn't be a problem, in fact given his accuracy I have no problem saying that even though Hellboy is pretty durable Blade would be able to hit him in the eye with a bullet or one of his thrown weapons. his hand to hand skills should grant him an advantage if the fight comes to fisticuffs and I believe he is the better swordsman so if they cross blades (ha, ha) Blade should have the advantage there as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Gear

Two piece's of Blade's gear stick out in my mind as being possible game enders right off the bat; his Odachi and the Vampire Blood (I'll go into detail in a bit why I feel these are big factors for him).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Fight

Here is how I see the fight shaking out: Blade would start off by utalizing his stealth to try and move in closer to Hellboy and ambush him with his firearms. As I said earlier Blade should have no problem putting a bullet in Hellboy's eye. If the fight gets into the mid-range Blade should be able to land his throwing weapons. Should the match move in close Blade will utilize what I feel is his superior swordsmanship to bring the fight to his advantage. If the fight goes hand to hand Blade's skill should carry him through. Then there is his vial of vampire blood, if he injects Hellboy he'd be able to turn him in a best case scenario or at the very least retard his healing factor in a worse case scenario, either way that would make Hellboy more vulnerable to his weapons. The other big piece of gear here is given that his Odachi is adamantium Hellboy's durability is almost rendered a moot point, Blade should be able to slice and dice Hellboy into pieces. With morals off Blade will have no problem slicing Hellboy's arm off or going for a decapitation and with the speed he can swing his sword like I've shown above I'm not sure Hellboy would even be able to react to the swing of his sword and even if he is, he doesn't have a way of stopping the sword from piercing him.

From what I've seen of your scans Hellboy seems to fight like a brick which also works to Blade's advantage; he's had experience fighting brick's, most notably the Thing. Blade was able to outpace him relatively easily and I think that should be the case here as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Ugh, I just lost my response. Can I get back to you in a bit?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ComicStooge

I regards to speed, Hellboy is no slow brute:

He's outreacted a Frog Man. These things are easily superhuman in terms of speed:

No Caption Provided

He's dodged a sword strike from Urlac, despite the fact due to magical influence, he shouldn't have been able to move at all:

No Caption Provided

He's avoided multiple strikes from Koshchei the Deathless. This guy is faster and stronger then any human could hope to be:

He's also avoided Koshchei's punch before:

No Caption Provided

He's even avoided a laser:

No Caption Provided

And has reacted fast enough to block mystical fire from hitting his face:

No Caption Provided

And for what it's worth, he's caught a fly using his Right Hand:

No Caption Provided

So the notion Hellboy is nothing but a 'slow brute' is quite false.

He also has a respectable level of agility and an inhumanly high leap:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Here's an example of his leap:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Overall, I'd say Hellboy's speed and agility suggest he can react to use that indestructible hand of his to block Blade's projectiles.

Speaking of the RHoD:

He's used it to disarm Koshchei. The same thing could happen to Blade, considering Hellboy's own speed:

No Caption Provided

And he's used his hand to block bullets, the same thing could easily happen to Blade's projectiles:

No Caption Provided

I'll finish the rest of this off soon.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicStooge

Hellboy's skill is often overlooked.

He's used nerve strikes before, of all things:

No Caption Provided

With a sword, he's fast and strong enough to slice apart sea monsters in a very short time:

He's cut a giant's hand clean off with a single sword:

No Caption Provided

And his fight against Koshchei the Deathless clearly shows he has skill (sorry to keep bringing it up it, but they're useful scans):

So, if they lock swords, Blade will more then likely be overpowered.

In regards to Blade's Adamantium sword, Hellboy's RHoD is also totally indestructible so it should be able to counter the sword just fine. What type of Adamtium is blade's sword? Primary? Secondary?

The vampire blood won't effect Hellboy. For one thing, vampirism only effects humans as far as I've seen, it shouldn't effect a demon like Hellboy (well, his mother was a human witch, but it's clear which side is dominant). Secondly, he's fought PLENTY of vampires in his 50+ years of being a Paranormal Investigator. He's fought and defeated Ilona Kakosy, Vladimir Giurescu, The Vampire of Prague etc, he's been bitten before and it didn't effect him. He's immune to vampirism entirely, from what I've seen.

Now that I've explained why Hellboy's healing factor can't be slowed down by Blade's vampire blood, I'll show it's potency:

Here, he gets impaled through the chest and thrown right into a castle:

Not only did he survive, but he was up again soon after.

That's not the only time he's been impaled and tanked a powerful strike directly after:

A mauling by a werewolf only pissed him off:

He's tanked dozens of arrows (these were't normal arrows either, they were mystically enhanced and fired by Koshchei the Deathless):

Despite having 4 arrows in him, he fights and defeats Koshchei the Deathless, despite the latter being amped!:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He survived torture via electricity:

No Caption Provided

And right after breaking out, he fights and kills a genetically and cybernetically enhanced ape, punching it hard enough with his left hand to destroy the floor they were standing on:

These are only some of the examples of his endurance, healing factor and durability. Basically, they're off the hook and should most certainly allow him to hang with Blade, despite the latter's superior speed and skill (even if those gaps aren't quite as big as many people realize).

Now onto Hellboy's gear.

He carries a pistol that's basically like a hand canon:

No Caption Provided

It's a powerful gun, made with bullets specifically to kill supernatural creatures (such as vampires), despite Blade not suffering from any of their weaknesses, it's still packs quite a punch.

It's powerful enough to kill a highly durable Frog Man in one shot:

And by his own admission, his gun shoots right through vampires:

No Caption Provided

And he also carries grenades with him:

If Blade were to get hit with one of these, it would turn the tied in Hellboy's favour, for sure.

There's also the sword, but I've already covered that.

With your assessment of the fight, it's difficult to stealth someone when it's broad daylight and they're directly in front of you, only 50 metres away.

Bullets in the eye should heal quickly, assuming Blade is even able to land such a shot (IMO, he's a good shot, but he's not Bullseye) and I've shown Hellboy is actually pretty quick himself.

And when Hellboy gets angry, that makes him even deadlier:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(It's also worth noting he holds back against Frog Men, considering they were originally people)

Alright, I think I did a decent job of countering your points.

Your turn @sovereign91001.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

I didn't say Hellboy was a slow brute, but he doesn't fight like an agile fighter (Spider-Man, Daredevil etc.) ir one that has Super speed he has a straight forward brick fighting style. That said from the speed feats you've shown vs mine I think it's pretty clear Blade has a large speed advantage here over not only Hellboy but the level of foe he normally fights (not lowballing you here).

This I don't understand as I mentioned above Blade doesn't give up much (if anything) to Hellboy in terms of strength.

No Caption Provided

Blade's sword should be able to cleave through Hellboy's fairly easily so if the Blades cross, Hellboy is on the losing end of that encounter. And as to what kind of adamantium it is, it isn't elaborated on other than it's made of Adamantium. And while Hellboy's hand may be invulnerable is the arm that it's attached to as well? Because if it's not Blade could cut it off at the wrist or elbow (he has no problem dismembering his opponents).

If Blade were to get hit with one of these, it would turn the tied in Hellboy's favour, for sure.

The thing is Hellboy is a (self admitted) bad shot and Blade easily deflects bullets and can even dodge automatic gunfire and get the drop on the shooter before he realizes what happens, which speaks more to the speed advantage I brought up earlier.

You also brought up another point about Hellboy being a paranormal investigator for 50+ years, well Blade's been at his job for 80+ years, he has more experience and also speaks to the skill gap, not that Hellboy is unskilled but based on what I've seen so far I do believe the quality of training Blade has received is of a higher caliber and he is the more skilled fighter, being trained by sword, martial arts, weapons and occult masters.

And because I didn't include these earlier, here are a couple durability showings that show that Blade can take the punishment as well as dish it out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

I didn't say Hellboy was a slow brute, but he doesn't fight like an agile fighter (Spider-Man, Daredevil etc.) ir one that has Super speed he has a straight forward brick fighting style. That said from the speed feats you've shown vs mine I think it's pretty clear Blade has a large speed advantage here over not only Hellboy but the level of foe he normally fights (not lowballing you here).

This I don't understand as I mentioned above Blade doesn't give up much (if anything) to Hellboy in terms of strength.

No Caption Provided

Blade's sword should be able to cleave through Hellboy's fairly easily so if the Blades cross, Hellboy is on the losing end of that encounter. And as to what kind of adamantium it is, it isn't elaborated on other than it's made of Adamantium. And while Hellboy's hand may be invulnerable is the arm that it's attached to as well? Because if it's not Blade could cut it off at the wrist or elbow (he has no problem dismembering his opponents).

The thing is Hellboy is a (self admitted) bad shot and Blade easily deflects bullets and can even dodge automatic gunfire and get the drop on the shooter before he realizes what happens, which speaks more to the speed advantage I brought up earlier.

You also brought up another point about Hellboy being a paranormal investigator for 50+ years, well Blade's been at his job for 80+ years, he has more experience and also speaks to the skill gap, not that Hellboy is unskilled but based on what I've seen so far I do believe the quality of training Blade has received is of a higher caliber and he is the more skilled fighter, being trained by sword, martial arts, weapons and occult masters.

And because I didn't include these earlier, here are a couple durability showings that show that Blade can take the punishment as well as dish it out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Alright dude, I have a few other CAVs to do, along with school work and such, along with the fact I'm basically out of scans.

Would you like to just get to voting?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

@comicstooge: Sure we can open voting. Thanks for a good match, best of luck to you in the votes.

Please vote for who you feel made the better argument, not who you think would've won.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll go @sovereign91001 only because he convinced me that Blade was faster and more skilled and I don't see how Hellboy doesn't get dismembered/decapitated.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001 has my vote. Blade's speed and skill sold me. Hellboy has his hand but as it has been pointed out there is nothing that says it can't be cut off. And an Adamantium Odachi should be able to take off an arm.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I vote @sovereign91001. Pretty convinced that Blade's skill and speed leads to decapitation/ dismemberment pretty quickly.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Sure we can open voting. Thanks for a good match, best of luck to you in the votes.

Please vote for who you feel made the better argument, not who you think would've won.

It was my pleasure.

If there's one thing that I've learned from this debate, it's that speed kills.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: How many votes do you want to go to?

Well, I think it's obvious most people are going to vote for you, so me might as well end it here.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By tparks  Online

This deserves a bump in regards to the current battle of the week. People should read this before voting, because it puts HB in a very good light IMO. Hellboy can easily be low balled if you're not aware of his abilities.

Mad props to comicstooge on this one.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will actually vote @comicstooge despite what everyone else thinks. It was a close match, and I enjoyed reading it. Although Blade is quite faster, and more skilled, it's nothing Hellboy hasn't faced before. He's faced beings faster than him plenty of times, not to mention beings who are ruthless with swords, and his right arm is capable of blocking his shots. Hellboy's striking power is going to give him the abiliity to cause great pain to Blade in one strike, the feat that got me to believe this is when Hellboy is strong enough to punch a cybernetic enhanced ape and break the floor their under. That shows great strength and with that, I believe Comicstooge has shown that Hellboy is capable of getting that one hit off to change the tides.

@sovereign91001 It was a great debate regardless, you both did very good, I really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Tag for vote

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops. Never mind.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will actually vote @comicstooge despite what everyone else thinks. It was a close match, and I enjoyed reading it. Although Blade is quite faster, and more skilled, it's nothing Hellboy hasn't faced before. He's faced beings faster than him plenty of times, not to mention beings who are ruthless with swords, and his right arm is capable of blocking his shots. Hellboy's striking power is going to give him the abiliity to cause great pain to Blade in one strike, the feat that got me to believe this is when Hellboy is strong enough to punch a cybernetic enhanced ape and break the floor their under. That shows great strength and with that, I believe Comicstooge has shown that Hellboy is capable of getting that one hit off to change the tides.

@sovereign91001 It was a great debate regardless, you both did very good, I really enjoyed it.

Im with this as well. Blade is faster and maybe more skilled. However the speed and skill in not overwhelming. hell Boy strength and Durability are far superior as well his canon gun.

Comicstooge has my vote as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign proved Blade has greater speed and skill, durability to take hellboys hits and a weapon to bypass his durability.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this was old,but great debate

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers