Korra represented by Joewell

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Morals on
  • No prep
  • Basic knowledge
  • No Avatar State for Korra
  • No Insanse BRS
  • BRS is stable (won't change objectives mid-fight due to Mato's emotions)
  • Basic Equipment
  • No BFR, win by Incap. or Death.

The Ice rink that Ichigo took Rukia to in episode 342 of Bleach. Korra starts on the ice, BRS starts where Ichigo and Rukia are standing.

• Don't comment unless you're asking to be tagged for the voting or voting. If you want to say something to us, don't hesitate to PM us.
  • Have fun!

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@joewell I think I got everything, how's it look? I'll wait a bit to give people time to ask to be tagged before I make my first comment, I'll probably also jog my memory on BRS. My mind was a bit overloaded with logic termination to pay attention to the fighting. c: That probably made no sense, sorry. xD

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@joewell I think I got everything, how's it look? I'll wait a bit to give people time to ask to be tagged before I make my first comment, I'll probably also jog my memory on BRS. My mind was a bit overloaded with logic termination to pay attention to the fighting. c: That probably made no sense, sorry. xD

Looks good!

It made some sense. Like, 60%. More than I make most of the time XD

I'll have my post up sometime tonight if all goes as planned.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Ok, lets get this started!

Korra:

( Link in the name )

Korra is the most recent Avatar and main protagonist in the cartoon Legend of Korra. She, like every other Avatar, has the ability to control the four elements of fire, water, earth, and air. Along with that, she has learned a subcategory of earth, metalbending. She is also peak human in pretty much every regard and is decent in close combat.

Now you're probably asking yourself, just how good is Korra's bending. Well, allow me to show you!

Loading Video...

( Watch up until 2:15 )

This is Season 1 Korra and when she had very little experience. While she is ultimately defeated by her opponent controlling the blood in her body, she still shows her fighting prowess in this scene, as she is able to block and dodge most of Tarrlok's attacks and lands a couple solid hits.

Loading Video...

( Watch until 3:35 and ignore the parts where she gets glowy eyes, because that's the Avatar State. )

Again, showing her combat skills, this time against the Dark Avatar. This is in Season 2, so she has more experience than the last video, but is not yet at her peak. Nothing special I wanted to point out. Just good to have it here.

Loading Video...

( Beginning to 2:35. )

Here she's fighting the Metal/Earthbending Kuvira. And yes, she is getting her @ss handed to her, but that's only because previous to that she didn't have a real fight in 3 years because she was poisoned, so it's safe to say this is below her standard power levels. It's still a good video that shows off her skills though, and a great comparison for the next couple videos.

Loading Video...

( Beginning to 1:15, ignore things that happen while she's in th Avatar State. )

Now she is attacking Kuvira, who is piloting a 25 Story tall mech. Pretty cool right? Also from that scene is this:

Which is probably the best feat of waterbending in the entire show.

Loading Video...

( Watch the entire thing. )

And here is the finally, where she comes back and beats Kuvira! It's worth mentioning she did this without water and and earth, only fire, metal, and air, so it's even more impressive.

And that's pretty much all I got for now. I have 0 knowledge on Black Rock Shooter other than what you have shown me, so I won't do a "How I'd Win" thing yet.

Your turn!

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: kk, I should be able to read and counter tonight, but I don't think I should start right now. xP

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, this is pretty one-sided, but let's see what @joewell can do for Korra.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@joewell: kk, I should be able to read and counter tonight, but I don't think I should start right now. xP

Whenever you're ready!

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Is it alright if I include feats from the OVA, due to how short BRS was?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeepeh

@etheral_dreams: @joewell: Heh, this is probably going to be a really short CaV, but maybe a fun one. I just wanted to use BRS, Joewell thought Korra might be a good match, let's see what happens.

Alright I did a bit of reading on Korra, and I think I'm ready.

Black Rock Shooter.

Black Rock Shooter is the "Other Self" of an ordinary girl named Mato. Other selves live in the Other World, where they carry the emotional pain of the people in real life, for example, when Mato played doll with her friend's friend, she (the friend's friend) was being a jerk and making the doll say "go away. go away. go away" and only gave her candy that was darkly colored, it doesn't sound very bad, but dang nabbit it was creepy in the Anime. (That chick's literally psychotic). Anyway, after that, in the Other World, a huge Doll House showed up, with the other self of the mean girl driving a huge machine that could fly and shoot human sized versions of the candy in real life. Meanwhile you constantly heard "go away. go away" playing in the background, and Black Rock Shooter saved the Other Self of her friend, eventually decapitating the mean girl's other self, which removed all memories of bad things that happened to her, which turned her into a good person.

It's not all good though, because as I said, she forgot a lot. Black Rock Shooter represents Mato's desire to ignore her own pain and help everyone else, but Black Rock Shooter helps them by killing their other selves. That may not sound so bad, but picture you got made fun of for being in love with a person in school, Black Rock Shooter kills your other self, now you're not upset anymore, but you also FORGET the person that you loved. With work, the memories can be regained. At the end of the series Black Rock Shooter is turned, and she no longer kills people randomly. xD The other selves stop fighting.

(That was the anime story, the Ova makes Black Rock Shooter much nicer <3 )

Sorry for the wall of text, but that was mostly the boring stuff. What you wanna see pictures of is the FIGHTING. Let's get to that. (possible warning, Black Rock Shooter contains partial nudity.)

1. Hm. I sure hope you're right about this being early on, because this video doesn't show much of anything that Black Rock Shooter wouldn't have done 50,000 times over.

You want to talk about fighting prowess? How about soloing an entire army of skeletons? Although there was a lot more than fighting style involved in the feat, I don't want to show all my things in the first post.

:42 - :59.

Loading Video...

2. ... Wait. BEING THROWN INTO SNOW HURT HER? At this rate, I think you might want to allow the Avatar State. When Black Rock Shooter tanks things like this:

You know what hurts more than being thrown into snow? Being hit by this thing's hammer.

No Caption Provided

Aaaaand WHACK

No Caption Provided

See all the lil' peeps around him? This thing's multiple story's tall.

And you wanna know how BRS reacted to being hit with this? When the Skeleton lifted the hammer:

No Caption Provided

Hi there, totally unaffected.

I'll save what happens next for when we get into the attack power portion of the debate.

3. Yeah..... I'm still not seeing anything on BRS's level. Just watch the beginning video again, same section. The fluidness of the movements, and how she uses the sword and Rock Cannon in conjunction. As far as fighting skill is concerned. So far BRS wrecks more than a wrecking ball. (I found that metaphor funny for some reason. e.e)

4. OOO are we to the Destructive capacity part of the argument? Yay c:

So what happened to that Skeleton, um.

:32 - :41

Loading Video...

Yeah he's down.

5. Hm. So she can control water 250 feet tall? Interesting. I was hoping you weren't going to post her best feat yet, I guess I'll use mine. What about when this kinda crap happens?

1:21 to 2:38

Loading Video...

What will Korra do against something like THAT? Are you SURE you don't want to use the Avatar state? I'll let you use the Avatar state and I'll withhold from using Insane BRS if you want. Unless you think you still have a chance, then by all means. Let's rumble.

Oh and um... Korra didn't exactly beat her in that scene, it was more of a tie until the robot randomly blew up. (What was up with that anyway?)

Advantages I have(that I've shown so far):

Better Durability by far.

More Strength by far (being able to hold her cannon at all)

Better Fighting skill and a more direct fighting style.

Better Destructive capacity by far.

Advantages that you have:

More versatile, although I believe my advantages make up for this significantly.

You can kinda fly. But it won't help you very much.

I hope you have a strategy. Your turn.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Yeah. Didn't quite realise she was that powerful. Let's throw in Avatar State!

Sorry for the wall of text, but that was mostly the boring stuff. What you wanna see pictures of is the FIGHTING. Let's get to that. (possible warning, Black Rock Shooter contains partial nudity.)

Seems complicated. And I was expecting much more nudity. Kinda disapointed XD

You want to talk about fighting prowess? How about soloing an entire army of skeletons? Although there was a lot more than fighting style involved in the feat, I don't want to show all my things in the first post.

She didn't really solo them.. I mean, she killed like ten then boss guy came up...

5 Hm. So she can control water 250 feet tall? Interesting. I was hoping you weren't going to post her best feat yet, I guess I'll use mine. What about when this kinda crap happens?

Yeah. I prefer throwing everything out in the beginning. Makes it easier so I don't have to keep going back and finding things, I can just debate.

You know what hurts more than being thrown into snow? Being hit by this thing's hammer.

That hammer is made of what looks like earth ( or wood, which is even weaker ), which Korra tanks going at high speeds with little damage.

Oh and um... Korra didn't exactly beat her in that scene, it was more of a tie until the robot randomly blew up. (What was up with that anyway?)

Meh. It was close enough to a win. And it's core got blown up by a different character, it was edited out.

Advantages I have(that I've shown so far):

Better Durability by far.

More Strength by far (being able to hold her cannon at all)

Better Fighting skill and a more direct fighting style.

Better Destructive capacity by far.

• I'll give you that one, but how would she take getting burnt to a crisp or frozen in place?
  • Yep. Won't much matter though.
  • I disagree. Korra's fighting style is much better imo. BRS just kinda hops around and shoots stuff, while Korra actually fights.
  • The best I saw was that she blew up the head of a skeleton thing, unless I'm missing something. Korra tosses large chunks of buildings around and can flashfreeze 250 foot tall robots.

And now that you let me use Avatar State, I can go ahead and post this.

Loading Video...

1:50 until 8:00

Now here she shows some power output. Keep in mind she is literally dying of mercury poison. She should not have been able to fight at all, but she could, and darn well. All while there was poison coursing through her veins. Imagine what she could do while in full health.

Now. My turn to say why Korra wins. Well honestly I think I'm missing something. All she did took out a dozen skeleton mooks, then blew up the head of a giant skeleton, right? That doesn't seem like anything Korra couldn't do. Unless I'm misinterpeting the whole thing.

Advantages of Korra:

• She is fast enough to dodge any of those standard blast BRS has.
  • With her Earth and Airbending she can keep BRS from getting close to her, so her strength is useless.
  • She has the reactions to put up Earth or Ice shields up before anything can touch her.
  • BRS has weapons made of metal ( I assume, until you prove they're not ) and Korra can control metal ( Unless it's super purified of earth, like platinium ). She's not even going to be able to use her sword and cannon properly, because Korra will be bending it half the time.

How I See The Fight Going:

• Fight starts and Korra uses metalbending to throw Black Rock Shooter's weapons away from her.
  • She then goes into the Avatar State ( Which she would because with basic knowledge she'd know BRS isn't someone to play around with. ) and pummels her with the elements. She'd probably be able to tank the earth and air ok, but once Korra starts launching massive columns of flame at her she'd be kinda screwed from what you've shown me so far.
  • This goes on until BRS gets tagged and dies. She wouldn't be able to touch Korra because 1: She wouldn't have control over her weapons 2: She'd be too busy trying to dodge Korra's huge elemental attacks, and 3: korra can throw up a shield of some sort even if BRS can get off a shot.

That's all I got for now. Again, seriously think I'm missing something here, as BRS doesn't really look too impressive to me. You holdin' back on me man? Planning to not show what she can really do until the last post agian? 'Cause I'm on to you :P

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I have most of my reply typed except the bottom, but I gotta go to bed to get up in time for church tomorrow. I'll have a reply to you after lunch-time tomorrow. Cheers.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice one.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

You sneaky lil'... xD And yeah, very complicated. They didn't explain much of anything until the last 2 episodes or so. I don't really remember.

1. That's because I didn't let you watch the entire scene. xP I'm saving something special.

2. Wood? O_o Weapons in BRS always look very aged and used. It's stone or something, maybe even metal.

3. Ah.

• In order to be frozen, she needs to be hit my ice that's moving towards her, am I correct? And unless you show me Korra using more AoE intensive fire attacks, BRS won't get tagged with it.
  • If she gets up close and personal, it might. Korra will be completely overpowered if BRS grabs her, or heck, even swats her with the cannon or something.
  • All you've really shown me so far is Korra get her butt handed to her until she goes god-mode. And if you label her fighting style as "jump around and shoot stuff" I beseech you to rewatch that scene a few times over. Notice how she uses the sword in conjunction with the gun. Just how quickly she hits alone is above what you've shown Korra to do so far. Heck, while we're here I'll show you her fight actual Dead Master:
Loading Video...

Watch 2:36 to the end. Sorry for all the human scenes, and for the lack of English. xD

• Um, blowing up that giant's head >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the relatively small rocks you showed Korra throwing at the Mech. The rocks seem to be about the size of the windows, although they suddenly seem way larger when they hit the robot. But BRS's durability will allow her to tank them. And, given this type of Parkour skill:
Loading Video...

Watch 6:35 to 6:43 and 7:56 until she goes through the window. I have no doubts that any rocks you throw at her, she'll simply jump over them and out of harms way. Only closer to you until she blows your torso into the next life. xD

5. This video shows things much closer to BRS's power scale, but still nothing I see that would put her down at all. Korra's durability doesn't seem to have changed much at all, Most of the time they were still throwing around relatively human sized chunks of rock. And the poison didn't seem to be doing much of anything until she started passing out, did it take time to take effect?

That's because I haven't shown you my favorite of her weapons, I'm trying to save it for when you say she needs to hold off a tower of ice or something. But okay, I'll do it now.

Loading Video...

Watch from 8:59 to 9:58. Then from 17:33 (a durability feat here too) to 18:31. So she did solo the army, first she chopped 'em down with miniguns, then she killed the giant and killed a bunch more skeletons with more involved fighting, then she killed a giant made of the army, then she killed the leader, Dead Master.

You also have to understand that a lot of the fighting happened off camera due to constantly shifting back and forth between the real world and the other world.

Counters to your advantages:

• Oh maybe the normal blasts, maybe. She seems to be pretty standard Human reaction time. Maybe Peak human, But good freakin' luck dodging the miniguns. xD
  • Earth Bending? Go back to the video above and watch 19:02 to 19:22. BRS's leaping and dodging feats are more than enough to evade all of the rocks you've shown her throw. And her Durability is enough to tank them as well. Korra can't counter things being thrown at her sometimes at normal speeds, how's she going to swat aside a few thousand bullets per second? xD
  • Which is pretty much the extent of her fighting style that you've shown me. *block with rock* *shoot attack* *block with rock* *shoot element* *block with rock* *shoot element* And simple human sized rock shields aren't gonna do crap to block BRS's cannon or minigun. While you're busy hiding behind your shield hoping not to get shot to pieces, BRS will jump over your shield and light you up like this:

5:20 to 5:47

Loading Video...

The difference here, being that you don't have Dead Master to save you from her.

• Metal Bending is the only true advantage I see so far, the only problem is, we have no idea what their weapons are made of. It might not even be earthly metal. Heck, It might not even be metal. If you try to take them away from her all she has to do is put them away

5:10 - 5:16

Loading Video...

So quick question, are they even metal? O_o Are they metal Korra can warp? They obviously aren't normal metal at all. To my knowledge, Korra's best metal bending feat is ripping a car roof open and a big wall with a significant amount of difficulty. I see many reasons why you wouldn't be able to mess with her weapons at all. And even if you could, she could just put them away and there'll be nothing to warp. Then while you're busy she'll whip it out when she needs it.

Counters to your vision of the fight

• I just discussed why the metal bending likely wouldn't work, but even if it would. You're not getting her weapons out of her hands by simply pulling them. At no point in the anime did BRS lose her weapons, and she always does crap like this:

3:30 to 5:11

Loading Video...

After watching that, and seeing how unscathed BRS was, are you sure you think you can hurt her in any meaningful way?

• oooo the fire. Firstly, the dodging feat I showed above should be more than sufficient to get away from your fire. But even it's not, watch the video I just posted again, same scene and also watch: 5:40 to 6:33. Did you notice something? Blood. But then no scars, that my boy is called a healing factor. Any damage your fire, or other attacks might do. Will be healed THAT quickly. You better be packin' something huge in your back pocket if you want to put this girl down.
  • Black Rock Shooter ain't dying from what you've shown so far, xD

Hehe, sorry for not tellin' ya about these before. But I just dumped a load of new abilities onto you. xD

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Why don't you quote? It makes it a lot easier to read..

1. That's because I didn't let you watch the entire scene. xP I'm saving something special.

Stop holding back feats! You make me look dumb. XD

2. Wood? O_o Weapons in BRS always look very aged and used. It's stone or something, maybe even metal.

Korra's tanked all three.

In order to be frozen, she needs to be hit my ice that's moving towards her, am I correct? And unless you show me Korra using more AoE intensive fire attacks, BRS won't get tagged with it.

She needs to be hit by the water, yeah. But if she takes one step into the ice rink, the water would be all under her, so she's be tagged. And was the giant flame column in Dark Avatar fight not impressive to you? ( Like 2:30 )

If she gets up close and personal, it might. Korra will be completely overpowered if BRS grabs her, or heck, even swats her with the cannon or something.

Luckily she wouldn't get close.

All you've really shown me so far is Korra get her butt handed to her until she goes god-mode. And if you label her fighting style as "jump around and shoot stuff" I beseech you to rewatch that scene a few times over. Notice how she uses the sword in conjunction with the gun. Just how quickly she hits alone is above what you've shown Korra to do so far. Heck, while we're here I'll show you her fight actual Dead Master:

Everyone she was fighting was actually impressive though. BRS just murdered fodder, murdered bigger fodder, then murdered a chick with a sword/axe/thing.

Um, blowing up that giant's head >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the relatively small rocks you showed Korra throwing at the Mech. The rocks seem to be about the size of the windows, although they suddenly seem way larger when they hit the robot. But BRS's durability will allow her to tank them. And, given this type of Parkour skill:

Not the rocks she was throwing around in the Avatar State in the Zaheer video. Those made people look like ants in comparison.

Watch 6:35 to 6:43 and 7:56 until she goes through the window. I have no doubts that any rocks you throw at her, she'll simply jump over them and out of harms way. Only closer to you until she blows your torso into the next life. xD

She was hit just as much as she dodged in that video...

5. This video shows things much closer to BRS's power scale, but still nothing I see that would put her down at all. Korra's durability doesn't seem to have changed much at all, Most of the time they were still throwing around relatively human sized chunks of rock. And the poison didn't seem to be doing much of anything until she started passing out, did it take time to take effect?

Nope. It was instant. Right before where I started you, she was hallucinating and everything.

So she did solo the army, first she chopped 'em down with miniguns, then she killed the giant and killed a bunch more skeletons with more involved fighting, then she killed a giant made of the army, then she killed the leader, Dead Master.

I didn't see the whole mini-gun part. But I still think Korra could have done that pretty easily. It's not like those fodder fought back at all, they just kinda walked into her bullets.

Oh maybe the normal blasts, maybe. She seems to be pretty standard Human reaction time. Maybe Peak human, But good freakin' luck dodging the miniguns. xD

Earth Bending? Go back to the video above and watch 19:02 to 19:22. BRS's leaping and dodging feats are more than enough to evade all of the rocks you've shown her throw. And her Durability is enough to tank them as well. Korra can't counter things being thrown at her sometimes at normal speeds, how's she going to swat aside a few thousand bullets per second? xD

Which is pretty much the extent of her fighting style that you've shown me. *block with rock* *shoot attack* *block with rock* *shoot element* *block with rock* *shoot element* And simple human sized rock shields aren't gonna do crap to block BRS's cannon or minigun. While you're busy hiding behind your shield hoping not to get shot to pieces, BRS will jump over your shield and light you up like this:

• She's peak at least. And the minigun took 14 seconds transform and shoot ( I counted ), that's enough time for Korra to shift it with metalbending or or move the ground around her and make her fall or something.
  • Yup, but she'd be too busy dodging to attack. And she's not, she's just not gonna allow it to be fired in the first place.
  • That's all she'll really need. The standard cannon wouldn't be able blast through 10-20 foot rock and she wouldn't be able to fire the minigun before it's been bent or she's been hit by something else.

So quick question, are they even metal? O_o Are they metal Korra can warp? They obviously aren't normal metal at all. To my knowledge, Korra's best metal bending feat is ripping a car roof open and a big wall with a significant amount of difficulty. I see many reasons why you wouldn't be able to mess with her weapons at all. And even if you could, she could just put them away and there'll be nothing to warp. Then while you're busy she'll whip it out when she needs it.

Why wouldn't they be? What in the world else would they be? People don't tend to carry around platinum weapons, so it wouldn't make much sense for Korra not be able to bend them. And that's all she'll really need. What if she just causes the barrel of the cannon to bend in? It would then explode next time she tries to use it. You've never shown me that the gun fixes itself when it warps away, so the dent would still be there.

I just discussed why the metal bending likely wouldn't work, but even if it would. You're not getting her weapons out of her hands by simply pulling them. At no point in the anime did BRS lose her weapons, and she always does crap like this:

And I don't believe she couldn't. She doesn't have to pull them out of her hand, she could do something like bend the barrel. Lookie here, her first time metal bending and she's able to turn metal from a solid orb into a whip

Loading Video...

oooo the fire. Firstly, the dodging feat I showed above should be more than sufficient to get away from your fire. But even it's not, watch the video I just posted again, same scene and also watch: 5:40 to 6:33. Did you notice something? Blood. But then no scars, that my boy is called a healing factor. Any damage your fire, or other attacks might do. Will be healed THAT quickly. You better be packin' something huge in your back pocket if you want to put this girl down.

She'd be able to dodge at first, but she couldn't forever. Once she's been running around without her weapons for a bit and dodging constantly she'll be hit. As for the healing factor, it's not bad. But healing from a fire wound is different than healing from a cut. What if she gets impaled through the head with a metal, or has her legs frozen in place and burnt from the waist up?

Extra Things:

Ok, so everything above this is probably just a jumbled mess of word. So I'm gonna focus all my points and stuff and add some new ones.

• Metalbending has no reason not to work. She's controlled everything from mercury, to meteorite, to all kinds of metals. As long as it's not purified then she can bend it.
  • The ice rink where Korra start's is basically just a big pool of water. If BRS takes one step in it she'll be frozen in place.
  • BRS can't touch Korra. Even with her cannon and sword she'd be hard pressed to actually get to her while she's constantly being attacked by the very ground below her and the air around her. And there's no way she's getting any closer than Korra wants her to, not with the tornado like winds Korra can produce.
  • Korra has ways of putting down Black Rock Shooter. She can stab her through the head with metal, ice, or rock, she can burn her completely with fire, she can freeze her in place, she can open the ground below her, then close it, or she could rip the air out of her lungs:
Loading Video...

Granted that's not her doing it in the video, but it's a lesser airbender. No reason Korra couldn't do something like that to BRS.

• The only problem Korra would have is tagging BRS. But without her weapons she'd just be running around trying to dodge everything. Eventually she'd be hit, especially since she wouldn't be safe anywhere. You on the ground? You gotta worry about earthbending. You in the sky? You gotta worry about airbending. You in the ice rink? You gotta worry about water bending.

And yup. That's all I got. Yo turn.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: No idea how to only quote certain parts. T_T Tried once, failed. Can you teach me for everyone's benefit? xD

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@joewell: No idea how to only quote certain parts. T_T Tried once, failed. Can you teach me for everyone's benefit? xD

Sure.

1. Copy part you want.
  2. Click "Quote"
  3. You should see an indentation. Paste your copied thing there.
  4. Push Enter then click the quote button again to get you out.

quote certain parts

Bam!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joewell911

@jeepeh: Ooh. I was going through the Youtubes and found a solid feat fo Korra. Because you said her firebending wasn't good enough:

Loading Video...

Watch until 4:50.

So yeah, pretty great firebending, being able to punch holes in huge spirits and stuff. There's also the air sphere thing, which she could totally do to BRS.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeepeh

Stop holding back feats! You make me look dumb. XD

Aw. It's fun tho.

Korra's tanked all three.

You haven't shown me her tanking anything on BRS's level. The only metal you've shown her tank was 'lil wristband's that made her flip into the ground.

She needs to be hit by the water, yeah.

Insert Mini-gun here.

But if she takes one step into the ice rink, the water would be all under her, so she's be tagged.

Which she won't, because of Basic Knowledge. And even if she is frozen, what feats does her ice have that it will keep her there? Why can't she just break out or shoot it?

And was the giant flame column in Dark Avatar fight not impressive to you? ( Like 2:30 )

Not really, no. What temperature is the fire at anyway? Like, normal fire? BRS'll walk right through that stuff. It'll have to be hot to do anything, even then she'll just heal.

Luckily she wouldn't get close.

And why not? She'll parkour over your rocks, the single leap I showed her do to dodge the skull is enough to be on you immediately when the match starts.

Loading Video...

Everyone she was fighting was actually impressive though. BRS just murdered fodder, murdered bigger fodder, then murdered a chick with a sword/axe/thing.

I think you mean "wasn't". And context matters my boy. That's an army from the Dead Master, the Dead Master was fully awoken by Yomi's despair after the psychiatrist told her that no-one needed her in an effort to awaken Dead Master fully to kill Black Rock Shooter so she'd stop killing all of the otherselves. Or to get Black Rock Shooter to kill her so she'll feel better, the anime is "open to interpretation" I guess.

That "bigger fodder" packs more punch than the biggest rock you've shown Korra throw.

It's a scythe btw, anything can be downplayed, even Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (A 52.8 billion lightyear tall robot-ish thing that can warp probability, warp multiverses, among other things) by saying "Yeah, it was just a big glowy thing with a bigger glowy thing as weapon fighting another big glowy thing" So calling Dead Master "a chick with a scythe" isn't changing the feat. xD

Not the rocks she was throwing around in the Avatar State in the Zaheer video. Those made people look like ants in comparison.

Ya mean these things?

No Caption Provided

I'd be more afraid of this:

No Caption Provided

It's similar, especially considering that the rock that Korra "threw" was essentially falling, whereas the hammer that BRS outright TANKED was moving much faster, and had the strength of a giant behind it. I just can't see the rock Korra threw getting the same effect. And even if it did, BRS tanked it easily. You'll need something much stronger to actually hurt her. And something even STRONGER to KEEP her hurt. Here's my question to you, I have 0 doubts that BRS would've done the same thing to that rock as she did to the hammer, but what would Korra do if she was actually hit with something similar? I see no durability feats suggesting she'd live, especially since you showed her nearly dying from being crushed in ice.

She was hit just as much as she dodged in that video...

That's because she was unexpectedly falling, and she only hit one, then she corrected her course and pro'd it. the main feat was when she was jumping to the house, the other was just to show something similar to the rocks Korra'd be throwing. Both of those, coupled with her leaping feat against the skulls, leaves 0 doubt that she'll dodge anything you try to hit her with. And if, by a miracle, you DO hit her, she'll heal and be perfectly fine in seconds.

Nope. It was instant. Right before where I started you, she was hallucinating and everything.

But what about her power level? Was her power level proven to be changed at all or did it just affect her vision/balance like you've shown me?

I didn't see the whole mini-gun part. But I still think Korra could have done that pretty easily. It's not like those fodder fought back at all, they just kinda walked into her bullets.

Huh? You didn't see it? Of course they "walked into her bullets" they're an army in front of 2 miniguns that shoot a thousand rounds per second or something. xD What're they supposed to do? Dodge the bullets? Even Spiderman would probably be pudding in front of these things.

She's peak at least.

Won't help much when BRS can lift that gun, and leap a hundred feat+ at once. Korra's just outclassed as far as sheer technique is concerned.

And the minigun took 14 seconds transform and shoot ( I counted ), that's enough time for Korra to shift it with metalbending or or move the ground around her and make her fall or something.

1. I call dramatic effect. xD She put them away immediately, it was just slowed down for cool factor, it happens a lot with these types of things. There's no way it took 14 seconds for the Candy to reach BRS from the distance they were at when she started changing it.
  2. Can Korra even warp the weapons, we're not sure and there's no real proof for either side. We don't even have anything to say that it's metal at all.
  3. Can she do that though? Again, the most I've heard is ripping open a car roof, which won't be nearly as hard as this.
  4. Move the ground around her to make her fall or something? *leaps a hundred feat to the right and rocket jumps to confuse you on where she's landing* Next?
  5. BRS won't start with her weapons, she needs to manifest them. So you can't warp them first thing until she brings them out. If she even feels the need to for a while. And what's her best feat as far as distance goes? We're talking about two guns with moving parts bigger than a person that's made of "metal" that can do things that science says are impossible. Can she warp it? Below is the video of Black Rock Shooter converting the minigun faster
Loading Video...

Yup, but she'd be too busy dodging to attack. And she's not, she's just not gonna allow it to be fired in the first place.

Jumping over the rocks towards you just like she did with the house? She'll get to you, then she'll drop kick you unconscious just like the skeleton. Unless you can prove her to have better durability feats. And how's she going to stop her? Every time Korra goes Avatar state she's always flying, she goes to rip up a chunk of rock to throw at me, turns around, osnap. Wall of bullets. And there's no proof that she'd be able to warp BRS's weapons.

This brings me to another point, can she use multiple bendings at the same time? If she's chucking rocks at BRS, can she also TRY to warp the gun while she's jumping over the rocks? If not, something has to give.

Why wouldn't they be?

Because metal can't do what it just did...

What in the world else would they be?

Um, special "Otherworld" dream material. Yus. That's what it is!

No Caption Provided

No but seriously, it probably is.

People don't tend to carry around platinum weapons, so it wouldn't make much sense for Korra not be able to bend them.

Who said it had to be platinum? That's not the only purified metal in the world right? Pretty sure any metal can be purified,

And she's not even in the world, it's a world where there's huge robots that love shooting human sized pieces of candy likely capable of wrecking a city block:

Loading Video...

In a world where candy can destroy city blocks, is it really so weird to think that BRS's canons aren't just any old metal?

What if she just causes the barrel of the cannon to bend in?

What if she can't bend it? And seeing as BRS can lift the thing and swat with it, can't she just bend it back? And I don't think the standard canon form even has a barrel, it shoots energy. Will she even know what she's looking at?

You've never shown me that the gun fixes itself when it warps away, so the dent would still be there.

That's because her weapons have never gotten damaged in the Anime. And they dealt with things leagues above what you've shown me Avatar has to offer.

(the below sentence contains a scene with insane black rock shooter that fits this part of the argument well, but if you don't want it counted then ignore it)

Also, Insane Black Rock Shooter does have a feat where she reattaches her "metallic" arm holding her gun/sword.

she's able to turn metal from a solid orb into a whip

That barely makes sense. Barely. But I still see multiple reasons why it wouldn't work. You're talking about a rock of metal. BRS has (if it's even metal) an obviously manufactured (thus possibly purified) piece of equipment. It'd be like Korra bending the 25 story tall Mech you showed, why didn't she do that? Because she couldn't. Yes I'm aware that it was made from purified metal, but if you believe her cannon was made like normal metal, wouldn't that make it be purified? (Curse google searches)

She'd be able to dodge at first, but she couldn't forever. Once she's been running around without her weapons for a bit and dodging constantly she'll be hit.

Are you implying that she'd get tired? BRS never got tired, she had her head torso I think, exploded when she changed into BRS, but she didn't get tired. xD.

And you seem to be thinking that all BRS will be doing is dodging, she can attack too. I need some speed feats before I even considering her capable of dodging the standard cannon blast.

But healing from a fire wound is different than healing from a cut.

... Still healing though. xD Heck, BRS's eye is on fire just to look cool:

No Caption Provided

What if she gets impaled through the head with a metal,

Oh you mean what happened to her when she changed into Insane Black Rock Shooter?

(I'm allowed to use that since it's BRS changing into IBRS right?)

Loading Video...

That was.... brutal.

or has her legs frozen in place and burnt from the waist up?

It's unlikely that such a thing will happen, but fine.

She'll um... Break the ice? xD And heal. I still want a feat for the fire, how hot is it?

Metalbending has no reason not to work.

It does though.

No Caption Provided

I love memes.

As long as it's not purified then she can bend it.

I'm pretty sure Purified metals just means that it's purified from different things, like purifying Iron to get all the coal out of it or something. Has she ever warped a canon that can transform beyond the laws of physics in an alternate dimension?

No Caption Provided

Okay I'll stop with the memes. :c

The ice rink where Korra start's is basically just a big pool of water. If BRS takes one step in it she'll be frozen in place.

But she won't, because of basic knowledge. And even if she did, why couldn't she break out of it with her superior strength?

BRS can't touch Korra. Even with her cannon and sword she'd be hard pressed to actually get to her while she's constantly being attacked by the very ground below her and the air around her. And there's no way she's getting any closer than Korra wants her to, not with the tornado like winds Korra can produce.

*COUGH* MINIGUNS *COUGH*

BRS has faster reaction time, and overall better physical stats than Korra. So she'll find a gap, It's not like her cannon is exactly slow.

Korra has ways of putting down Black Rock Shooter. She can stab her through the head with metal, ice, or rock,

Metal.... maybe. Ice? Naw. Rock? lol. xD Did you forget the hammer? O.o BRS's faster reaction time and dodging abilities makes this very unlikely. If you somehow manage to stab her, it likely won't be in the head. She'll heal from most else. And she kinda did get stabbed in the head, by her own skin/metal stuff when she was transforming.

she can burn her completely with fire

Feats for the fire please. I'm also curious about what BRS's eye being on fire (usually when she kills someone) means to being able to be burnt.

she can open the ground below her, then close it,

*Boing* or just shoot until the hole's open. Or Rocket jump up before it closes.

or she could rip the air out of her lungs:

Can't see the video, Not sure if BRS needs to breath. But can't she just shoot you, or move really fast, faster than you can move the air whirl? And okay, Kora's not doing it. Has she ever done it? We're in character here so if she's never done it then it's unlikely for her to do it here. Kinda like the blood bending thing, right? Although Blood-bending's illegal, I believe.

The only problem Korra would have is tagging BRS But without her weapons she'd just be running around trying to dodge everything.

And hurting her.... and keeping her hurt.... and maybe even removing her weapons. And BRS could likely use other things as weapons, poles, trees, heck, start throwing skates at her for lols. (Okay, now I'm getting weird.) the picture shows them in front of a building, so she could use anything in there, and Korra's morals are on so she'd have to worry about collateral damage. I don't think BRS would care to be honest, she's emotionless aside from loving Mato. (No seriously, that's how the show put it. Other-selves are emotionless, yet they love their real-world selves)

You on the ground? You gotta worry about earthbending.

*Boing*

You in the sky? You gotta worry about airbending.

What's that gonna do aside from throw her? She can correct herself midair/on the run/while-skidding-her-face-into-the-ground as the video's I've already shown have demonstrated. And whatever she's thrown into is unlikely to hurt her

the ice rink? You gotta worry about water bending.

Breaks the ice. o.O

Your turn.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Sorry for the notification spam, trying to edit something but it keeps re-posting. I wanted to change the part about hitting the rocks when she fell,

She only hit one, then she corrected her course and pro'd it.

I see no difference with the fire. And the air sphere thing would totally work... except it didn't do anything but make him move. What happens when BRS shoots through it?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh:

Aw. It's fun tho.

Grr. You don't have anything else do you? Dibs on going last this time.

You haven't shown me her tanking anything on BRS's level. The only metal you've shown her tank was 'lil wristband's that made her flip into the ground.

Look at the thing I just foun- I mean was holding back from you.

Loading Video...

Watch up until 4:50. She tanks a spirit laser here, which could shatter rock.

Not really, no. What temperature is the fire at anyway? Like, normal fire? BRS'll walk right through that stuff. It'll have to be hot to do anything, even then she'll just heal.

Look above then. And it's hot enough to instantly turn ice to steam, so it should be hot enough to burn BRS, who has not feats ( to my knowledge ) of tanks anything that hot. Other than not being burnt by her own eye fire, which is not a real feat because nobody was attacking her with it. It was just kinda special effects.

And why not? She'll parkour over your rocks, the single leap I showed her do to dodge the skull is enough to be on you immediately when the match starts.

Then she gets hit by an airwave..

I think you mean "wasn't". And context matters my boy. That's an army from the Dead Master, the Dead Master was fully awoken by Yomi's despair after the psychiatrist told her that no-one needed her in an effort to awaken Dead Master fully to kill Black Rock Shooter so she'd stop killing all of the otherselves.

That "bigger fodder" packs more punch than the biggest rock you've shown Korra throw.

It's a scythe btw, anything can be downplayed, even Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (A 52.8 billion lightyear tall robot-ish thing that can warp probability, warp multiverses, among other things) by saying "Yeah, it was just a big glowy thing with a bigger glowy thing as weapon fighting another big glowy thing" So calling Dead Master "a chick with a scythe" isn't changing the feat. xD

I'm just calling it like I'm seeing it. It's not like I know this universe XD

It's similar, especially considering that the rock that Korra "threw" was essentially falling, whereas the hammer that BRS outright TANKED was moving much faster, and had the strength of a giant behind it. I just can't see the rock Korra threw getting the same effect. And even if it did, BRS tanked it easily. You'll need something much stronger to actually hurt her. And something evenSTRONGER to KEEP her hurt. Here's my question to you, I have 0 doubts that BRS would've done the same thing to that rock as she did to the hammer, but what would Korra do if she was actually hit with something similar? I see no durability feats suggesting she'd live, especially since you showed her nearly dying from being crushed in ice.

Even by your pictures Korra's rocks were bigger. And while she did tank it, it distracted her, and that's all I'm saying it'll do.

Korra wouldn't have been hit in the first place.

But what about her power level? Was her power level proven to be changed at all or did it just affect her vision/balance like you've shown me?

Probably not.

I call dramatic effect. xD She put them away immediately, it was just slowed down for cool factor, it happens a lot with these types of things. There's no way it took 14 seconds for the Candy to reach BRS from the distance they were at when she started changing it.

Can Korra even warp the weapons, we're not sure and there's no real proof for either side. We don't even have anything to say that it's metal at all.

Can she do that though? Again, the most I've heard is ripping open a car roof, which won't be nearly as hard as this.

Move the ground around her to make her fall or something? *leaps a hundred feat to the right and rocket jumps to confuse you on where she's landing* Next?

BRS won't start with her weapons, she needs to manifest them. So you can't warp them first thing until she brings them out. If she even feels the need to for a while. And what's her best feat as far as distance goes? We're talking about two guns with moving parts bigger than a person that's made of "metal" that can do things that science says are impossible. Can she warp it?Below is the video of Black Rock Shooter converting the minigun faster

1. Why not?
  2. Except logic. Makes more sense to be made of a normal metal than magical dream material.
  3. It doesn't matter how hard it is, it matters how much earth is in it.
  4. * Then gets trapped in an air sphere *
  5. Like, all the video's above show more distance than the starting distance here.
  6. Where? You didn't give a time thing to this one..

Jumping over the rocks towards you just like she did with the house? She'll get to you, then she'll drop kick you unconscious just like the skeleton. Unless you can prove her to have better durability feats. And how's she going to stop her? Every time Korra goes Avatar state she's always flying, she goes to rip up a chunk of rock to throw at me, turns around, osnap. Wall of bullets. And there's no proof that she'd be able to warp BRS's weapons.

This brings me to another point, can she use multiple bendings at the same time? If she's chucking rocks at BRS, can she also TRY to warp the gun while she's jumping over the rocks? If not, something has to give.

AIRBENDING!

And yes, she can. She does so in every Avatar State video I've posted.

Because metal can't do what it just did...

Block other metal and shoot lasers? Yeah it can.. ( Well metal obviously doesn't shoot lasers, but you get it. )

Who said it had to be platinum? That's not the only purified metal in the world right? Pretty sure any metal can be purified,

And she's not even in the world, it's a world where there's huge robots that love shooting human sized pieces of candy likely capable of wrecking a city block:

It's the only metal purified enough to be immune to bending.

What does that have to do with how metal the gun is?

What if she can't bend it? And seeing as BRS can lift the thing and swat with it, can't she just bend it back? And I don't think the standard canon form even has a barrel, it shoots energy. Will she even know what she's looking at?

Why couldn't she? Because she'd have to reach inside of her gun and punch the metal back. More than enough time for Korra to attack her, or bend the metal again, maybe even breaking it in two. And yeah, she's fine with energy. Look at the Spirit fight.

It's unlikely that such a thing will happen, but fine.

She'll um... Break the ice? xD And heal. I still want a feat for the fire, how hot is it?

Before she get's hit with a wall of fire?

That's because her weapons have never gotten damaged in the Anime. And they dealt with things leagues above what you've shown me Avatar has to offer.

It hasn't dealt with something controlling it's very substance to bend it.

I'm pretty sure Purified metals just means that it's purified from different things, like purifying Iron to get all the coal out of it or something. Has she ever warped a canon that can transform beyond the laws of physics in an alternate dimension?

It'd have to be at least platinum level of purification or it's getting bent. And just because it breaks physics doesn't mean it's not metal.

BRS has faster reaction time, and overall better physical stats than Korra. So she'll find a gap, It's not like her cannon is exactly slow.

I don't think she can. Not without her weapons.

Metal.... maybe. Ice? Naw. Rock? lol. xD Did you forget the hammer? O.o BRS's faster reaction time and dodging abilities makes this very unlikely. If you somehow manage to stab her, it likely won't be in the head. She'll heal from most else. And she kinda did get stabbed in the head, by her own skin/metal stuff when she was transforming.

Ice hard enough to freeze building busting mechs. And that was a blunt rock. Could she tank a sharpened rock like that? It could be in the head though, and once it happens it'll be over.

That barely makes sense. Barely. But I still see multiple reasons why it wouldn't work. You're talking about a rock of metal. BRS has (if it's even metal) an obviously manufactured (thus possibly purified) piece of equipment. It'd be like Korra bending the 25 story tall Mech you showed, why didn't she do that? Because she couldn't. Yes I'm aware that it was made from purified metal, but if you believe her cannon was made like normal metal, wouldn't that make it be purified? (Curse google searches)

Neither does human sized candy launching robots. Cars are manufactured, but Korra has no problem bending them. And she couldn't bend that mech because it was platnium. The entire thing. Again, cars are purified, just not enough. It would have to be 100% void of earth, which you can't show me it is.

Oh you mean what happened to her when she changed into Insane Black Rock Shooter?

No! We said none of that.

Can't see the video, Not sure if BRS needs to breath. But can't she just shoot you, or move really fast, faster than you can move the air whirl? And okay, Kora's not doing it. Has she ever done it? We're in character here so if she's never done it then it's unlikely for her to do it here. Kinda like the blood bending thing, right? Although Blood-bending's illegal, I believe.

Nah, cause her weapons are broken from metal bending. You can't just assume people don't need air. That stuff needs to be proven. And her head is in a bubble of empty space. Kinda hard to perform moves like that without oxygen. She did it to Vaatu, who doesn't need air. ( It was more for binding purposes ) As for morals, she was about to straight up incinerate a dude ( Tarlok, first vid right before she gets bloodbent ) because he was being kinda stalkerish.

And hurting her.... and keeping her hurt.... and maybe even removing her weapons. And BRS could likely use other things as weapons, poles, trees, heck, start throwing skates at her for lols. (Okay, now I'm getting weird.) the picture shows them in front of a building, so she could use anything in there, and Korra's morals are on so she'd have to worry about collateral damage. I don't think BRS would care to be honest, she's emotionless aside from loving Mato. (No seriously, that's how the show put it. Other-selves are emotionless, yet they love their real-world selves)

Korra can deal with having things getting thrown at her. That's pretty much all of her fights. And Korra kinda don't give a damn about collateral. Her and her friends were throwing around buildings to stop their opponent.

What's that gonna do aside from throw her? She can correct herself midair/on the run/while-skidding-her-face-into-the-ground as the video's I've already shown have demonstrated. And whatever she's thrown into is unlikely to hurt her

Trap her in an air sphere that contains Giant Spirits that are stronger than BRS.

Recap:

1. Your reasons for the weapons not getting metalbent are weak, bruh. Just because it comes from a different world, doesn't mean it's not metal. Until you show me specific resistance to this kind of thing, I can't believe it wouldn't work.
  2. BRS's been tagged by things going slower and of the same speeds as Korra's projectiles. Only difference being Korra's attacks can come from anywhere.
  3. BRS can't heal from getting stabbed through the head ( without going into her banned mode ), or having the air ripped from her lungs.
  4. Air Sphere that trapped a Spirit who is more strong than her will work well in incaping BRS
  5. Still has no way to defeat Korra. She's not meleeing her because she isn't getting close and she's not tagging her with thrown things because Korra can react.

When you wanna open for votes?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joewell911

@jeepeh said:

@joewell: Sorry for the notification spam, trying to edit something but it keeps re-posting. I wanted to change the part about hitting the rocks when she fell,

She only hit one, then she corrected her course and pro'd it.

I see no difference with the fire. And the air sphere thing would totally work... except it didn't do anything but make him move. What happens when BRS shoots through it?

It's coo.

Wat?

It's bigger. And it forcibly moved a Giant Spirit that can easily shatter the ground. She can't shoot through it, because her weapons have been metal bent, remember?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeepeh

@joewell:

Edit: Okay so um... I totally forgot about this scene, but BRS's cannon CAN regenerate. 38:30

Loading Video...

Grr. You don't have anything else do you? Dibs on going last this time.

But of course, shall this be the last time since your internet's taking a dive tomorrow?

Look at the thing I just foun- I mean was holding back from you.

Mhm... You mean this?

No Caption Provided

I don't really know if that counts as tanking something like that. All she did was get thrown from a shockwave then sit there for a while.

Look above then. And it's hot enough to instantly turn ice to steam, so it should be hot enough to burn BRS, who has not feats ( to my knowledge ) of tanks anything that hot.

The ice from water benders? AKA featless Ice? C: But still, water turns to steam in 210 degrees. Well, she doesn't really have any feats against heat, there's a funny lil thing with Insane BRS with fire tho. But I see no reason why fire would hurt her much more than anything else has. She's just too dang strong.

Other than not being burnt by her own eye fire, which is not a real feat because nobody was attacking her with it. It was just kinda special effects.

Say what? Ghost Rider's on fire permanently, he can't be hurt with fire. Why can't the same logic apply to BRS? Her eye is literally emitting blue fire, Blue Fire > Yellow fire that firedbenders use.

No Caption Provided

I saw something about temperature not always being what changes the color, but this is more common logic.

Of course, it's not like she's going to be getting hit with it anyway.

Then she gets hit by an airwave..

Even though she's way faster and stronger than anything she usually swats away with air?

I'm just calling it like I'm seeing it. It's not like I know this universe XD

Then ask me. x3

Even by your pictures Korra's rocks were bigger. And while she did tank it, it distracted her, and that's all I'm saying it'll do.

Possibly bigger, but not moving with nearly as much force/speed. Your rock broke another rock of the same size. The hammer left a huge crater in the ground.

Korra wouldn't have been hit in the first place.

I'm just comparing their durability. Where BRS obviously wrecks.

Probably not.

So then the levels shown are her max. Okay good to know.

Why not?

Because logic. >:D. How fast they were moving, how far away they were, it just wouldn't have taken that long. Doesn't matter though because I prove it to be faster in the video.

Except logic. Makes more sense to be made of a normal metal than magical dream material.

It would if this were the normal world, but it's not. It's magical emotion world. xD

It doesn't matter how hard it is, it matters how much earth is in it.

Eh, I was talking about the difficulty level. xD But okay let's roll with it.

Has Korra ever Metalbent things even REMOTELY close to what BRS might be packing? Because I'm pretty sure not except for maybe those chains. And I'd be iffy on comparing chains to the Rock Canon.

* Then gets trapped in an air sphere *

*Pulls out Minigun that can go through all of the sphere* Don't believe me? Let's do a quick recap.

6:13 to 6:28. See that trail of destruction caused by only a few macaroons? Now what happened when BRS's bullets hit those? 9:27 to 9:49.

Loading Video...

And let's look again, what was Korra's Avatar state running for her life from?

Loading Video...

Hmmmmmmmmm. Me thinks BRS has an advantage. I'd put both at around city block level-ish. The robot's may be higher/flashier. But both around City Block.

Sorry, but those bullets are more powerful than anything Korra has done so far.

Like, all the video's above show more distance than the starting distance here

I'm talking for Metal Bending. Like, can she rip stuff open from 100 ft away? And it's not as small as it looks, it's a solid 50-100 ft. probably.

Where? You didn't give a time thing to this one..

What? Fudge. I thought I set the timer on it. Yeah I did, it's about 9:57. Not sure why it didn't start there for you.

AIRBENDING!

If it was so OP, why does she keep getting hit? ~_~

And yes, she can. She does so in every Avatar State video I've posted.

Really? I only saw her doing more than one at once in the latest one, all the others were more switching back and forth quickly aside from flying. Maybe I'm blind. :P

Block other metal and shoot lasers? Yeah it can.. ( Well metal obviously doesn't shoot lasers, but you get it. )

No, I mean manifest out of no-where and build itself with a thought while glowing blue. It just doesn't happen.

Why couldn't she? Because she'd have to reach inside of her gun and punch the metal back. More than enough time for Korra to attack her, or bend the metal again,

Punch the metal back? Aren't we talking about bent barrels? >_>

Before she get's hit with a wall of fire?

Well now ya done evaporated all the ice around me and I'm healing. xD Thanks,

It's the only metal purified enough to be immune to bending.

Is it the only metal possible to purify to that extent, or is it the only metal they used? Like I said, pretty sure any metal can be purified.

What does that have to do with how metal the gun is?

I was showing how odd and unconventional the things are, to give reason as to why it's possible that it's not a normal metal you could bend.

It'd have to be at least platinum level of purification or it's getting bent

Um, again. Any metal can be purified to my knowledge. According to wikipedia Consequently, platinum is often found chemically uncombined as native platinum. Because it occurs naturally in the alluvial sands of various rivers, it was first used by pre-Columbian South American natives to produce artifacts.

So it's likely that the main villain used Platinum because it seems to occur purified naturally. Unless I'm totally illiterate.

You seem to be very intent on making sure you can use Metalbending. I'll go into a better counter in the Recap section.

And just because it breaks physics doesn't mean it's not metal.

It can. Korra's never bent something that can do the things the Rock Cannon can.

I don't think she can. Not without her weapons

Which is debatable whether or not she can do that.

Ice hard enough to freeze building busting mechs.

Yeah, but it required 250 ft of ice. And I think you mean FAILED to hold.

Loading Video...

It took hundreds of feet of ice to hold it temporarily, she won't be using 250 feet of ice on BRS. Also assuming BRS even stays near the ice, what stops her from going behind the building or out into the city? We said no BFR, but nothing that they couldn't both move.

And that was a blunt rock. Could she tank a sharpened rock like that?

First prove to me that you'll tag her with it. and the thing with IBRS totally counts, she wasn't turned Insane yet, it was the process of the armor coming out of her body (apparently it's beneath her skin or something, creepy.) But okay, if you don't want to use that feat, the only things she's been cut by are Other Selves's weapons. Which are >>>> Any "sharp rock". Even IF it still did damage, it'd have to be a kill shot or she'll heal in a few seconds.

Neither does human sized candy launching robots.

That's my point.

Cars are manufactured, but Korra has no problem bending them

Cars can't collapse into non-existence though...

And she couldn't bend that mech because it was platnium.

I am aware of this, I said it in my last reply.

which you can't show me it is.

You can't show me that it isn't either, There's a large difference between ripping a car roof open, and messing with a minigun twice the size of a person that has the ability to un-manifest into non-existence until the wielder wants it back out.

It would have to be 100% void of earth,

Well then I guess it's a good thing that the BRS world has nothing like normal ground then eh? The closest you probably have is Chariot's world.

Nah, cause her weapons are broken from metal bending.

That's still being questioned.

You can't just assume people don't need air. That stuff needs to be proven.

She doesn't seem to need food, water, or anything else normally essential for life. *shrug*

Kinda hard to perform moves like that without oxygen. She did it to Vaatu, who doesn't need air. ( It was more for binding purposes )

Either I missed a science class, or that's bull. xD Binding purposes? Yay I get to use a OVA feat.

Loading Video...

Dead Master's magical chains didn't do a great job at restraining her. Why would closing off an air supply do it? Doesn't make sense to me.

As for morals, she was about to straight up incinerate a dude ( Tarlok, first vid right before she gets bloodbent ) because he was being kinda stalkerish.

That's a guy that was creeping her out, not random citizens who just wanted to take their children ice-skating.

No Caption Provided

I lied, I'm not done with the memes. T_T

Korra can deal with having things getting thrown at her. That's pretty much all of her fights

That part about throwing skates at her was a joke, I get weird sometimes. >:3

And Korra kinda don't give a damn about collateral. Her and her friends were throwing around buildings to stop their opponent.

So Korra's gonna set a building on fire and roast kids alive just because there's a chance of maybe tagging BRS with it? Sounds kinda dark for a supposedly nice person.

Trap her in an air sphere that contains Giant Spirits that are stronger than BRS.

Say what? How is that giant Manta Ray thing stronger than BRS? Because it exploded a few 'lil rocks?

Your reasons for the weapons not getting metalbent are weak, bruh. Just because it comes from a different world, doesn't mean it's not metal. Until you show me specific resistance to this kind of thing, I can't believe it wouldn't work.

I can't believe it will work until you show me her bending something like this. I wish she had lost it at some point to get better feats for that kind of thing, like if she can just keep making them, but she never lost one to know.

BRS's been tagged by things going slower and of the same speeds as Korra's projectiles. Only difference being Korra's attacks can come from anywhere.

What things are you referring to? She moved around a huge robot spider with a simple side-step in a split second. Korra gets tagged by ice crystals being thrown at her.

BRS can't heal from getting stabbed through the head ( without going into her banned mode ),

I'm still iffy on whether or not the feat should count. But She had saws shoved through her chest, stepped on by spiky mechanical legs, had a drill bigger than her rammed through her torso, and caught between metal spikes bigger than her body while being shoved through a wall at high speed before being shot through another hill like a rocket, only to start getting back up immediately. I'm not so sure a rock going through her will do so much.

or having the air ripped from her lungs.

Also still iffy on whether or not she needs air. Or even has lungs. She's never been shown eating, sleeping, drinking, even sweating, she's never been choked, no-one's ever even tried. She's more of an emotional avatar than a person in some ways. That's the problem with only being an 8 episode series, things aren't exactly explained in detail.

Air Sphere that trapped a Spirit who is more strong than her will work well in incaping BRS

Still wanna know what makes that spirit stronger than BRS. Because it shattered a few rocks?

Still has no way to defeat Korra.

Stabbing, shooting, neck breaking, even knocking her over from the shockwave of her rock shields breaking'll be fine to start.

She's not meleeing her because she isn't getting close

Why? Because of air bending? o_O So far you've shown her to lift people with it... Um, k. Black Rock Shooter will be moving faster and way more deadly than normal for her. What happens if BRS knocks a building over on her if they run into the city?

she's not tagging her with thrown things because Korra can react.

Say what? Korra's failed to react to slower things than BRS and her stuff.

Wat?

When BRS was falling and jumped on the rocks, you said she was hit with more than she dodged, I pointed out that she only hit the first one after she fell, then she corrected her fall and went through the others like a pro.

It's bigger. And it forcibly moved a Giant Spirit that can easily shatter the ground

It's way smaller than the Giant BRS killed, you didn't forget about that right? Easily shatter the ground.... the crater that the Hammer Skeleton left that BRS totally tanked? I think you forgot the biggest part. >_>

She can't shoot through it, because her weapons have been metal bent, remember?

I remember still being unsure of why Korra can bend something that totally breaks the laws of physics and logic when she's only ever Metalbent tiny rocks, maybe chains, and a car roof. There's also the fact that Black Rock Shooter will know of your metalbending, thus she can strategize against it. She could use other things to hold you off until she lures you into the city and whips out her Minigun from a long distance, seeing as how she can cross hundreds of feat with one leap. Or just use the same shot that blew up the Giant's head. That's off the top of my head, BRS would probably have better plans.

Recap:

Alright, let me give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can bend her weapons for a second, Black Rock Shooter will know this because of the Basic Knowledge, she'll also know to be wary of the ice and likely head in the opposite direction to lure you away from your homefield advantage. If you try to reverse air bend to bring her back, she could easily jump over the air blasts unless it's a huge one, in which case it's still possible. By the time you even think to do it she'll likely be behind the building. So let's say now we're in the city. BRS ducks and weaves in and out of buildings that you don't want to destroy due to the people inside, jumping hundreds of feet at a time over cars and threw windows. She'll likely lose you eventually, at which point she'll get a sizable distance between you to use her guns that you haven't been shown to bend on feats alone (even assuming they're normal metal or simple enough that would be bendable to you) from so far away, at which point she can start raining down the shots that blew up the Giant's head, at this point she doesn't even need to tag you do to how large the explosion is. You'll be sent flying into a building, at which point if you're still conscious from all the exploding cars and buildings collapsing on you She'll either change into her dual miniguns and bring the rain, or she'll simply shoot the same explosion again.

• BRS has obvious advantages in strength, agility, power, skill, durability and healing. any damage you do manage to do will be healed due to BRS's superior durability feats and healing factor that would make deadpool raise an eyebrow.
  • You can't counter all the bullets,
  • And you really can't kill BRS.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeepeh

@joewell Bit of an edit here, comicvine's not letting me edit again.

And also, even if you do destroy the weapons, you have no sure-proof way to kill BRS and they'll regen. There's no reason to believe that you can kill her, Korra's done nothing that BRS hasn't gone through before aside from Ice/fire that she can easily dodge or tank until you get tired. BRS's endurance > Peak human endurance by a mile. Literally your only option would be to try the suffocation, which Korra doesn't do, and has a chance of not even working.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Joewell911

@jeepeh: Last post then! Woot!

Mhm... You mean this?

I meant the entire video..

The ice from water benders? AKA featless Ice? C: But still, water turns to steam in 210 degrees. Well, she doesn't really have any feats against heat, there's a funny lil thing with Insane BRS with fire tho. But I see no reason why fire would hurt her much more than anything else has. She's just too dang strong.

Featless ice... -_-

And it's turning from ice to steam, which takes more heat than from water to steam. And it would hurt her like it would any person if she hasn't shown any resistance to it.

Say what? Ghost Rider's on fire permanently, he can't be hurt with fire. Why can't the same logic apply to BRS? Her eye is literally emitting blue fire, Blue Fire > Yellow fire that firedbenders use.

C'mon bro. Because BRS hasn't showed fire resistance, while Ghost Rider has.

I'm talking for Metal Bending. Like, can she rip stuff open from 100 ft away? And it's not as small as it looks, it's a solid 50-100 ft. probably.

They're only like, 15 feet away, so yeah. The cannon? 100 feet long? It's like twice the size of BRS. 12 foot max.

What? Fudge. I thought I set the timer on it. Yeah I did, it's about 9:57. Not sure why it didn't start there for you.

Your timers are broken. They keep going back to like, 3:40 or something. But I found it, and it still takes like, 4-5 seconds to shoot.

Really? I only saw her doing more than one at once in the latest one, all the others were more switching back and forth quickly aside from flying. Maybe I'm blind

You are. She put Vaatu in a air sphere surrounded by all the other elements. She also rides on tornados while shooting fire blasts at him.

Punch the metal back? Aren't we talking about bent barrels?

Punch, push, pull, it's all the same. Don't nitpick me! Point is it'd take a bit of time for her to do it.

It took hundreds of feet of ice to hold it temporarily, she won't be using 250 feet of ice on BRS. Also assuming BRS even stays near the ice, what stops her from going behind the building or out into the city? We said no BFR, but nothing that they couldn't both move.

She seems to aggressive for all that. She never used any tactical retreats in any of the video's above, so why would she here?

Dead Master's magical chains didn't do a great job at restraining her. Why would closing off an air supply do it? Doesn't make sense to me.

Not the same at all. One is practically a tornado pushing you into it's center while the other is a couple chains.

So Korra's gonna set a building on fire and roast kids alive just because there's a chance of maybe tagging BRS with it? Sounds kinda dark for a supposedly nice person.

Nah. She'd be more careful than that, but not to much so.

Say what? How is that giant Manta Ray thing stronger than BRS? Because it exploded a few 'lil rocks?

Maybe not stronger, but as strong as.

What things are you referring to? She moved around a huge robot spider with a simple side-step in a split second. Korra gets tagged by ice crystals being thrown at her.

The candies, said Spider's spikes, all of it's drills and stuff. And she got hit by like, 2. While hundreds of them were flying at her.

I'm still iffy on whether or not the feat should count. But She had saws shoved through her chest, stepped on by spiky mechanical legs, had a drill bigger than her rammed through her torso, and caught between metal spikes bigger than her body while being shoved through a wall at high speed before being shot through another hill like a rocket, only to start getting back up immediately. I'm not so sure a rock going through her will do so much.

It'd distract her long enough for Korra to perform another attack. Also, she got tagged by all of that :P

Also still iffy on whether or not she needs air. Or even has lungs. She's never been shown eating, sleeping, drinking, even sweating, she's never been choked, no-one's ever even tried. She's more of an emotional avatar than a person in some ways. That's the problem with only being an 8 episode series, things aren't exactly explained in detail.

She hasn't been shown not too. It'd make much more sense for us to assume she does rather than she doesn't just because she hasn't been shown to do other things.

Why? Because of air bending? o_O So far you've shown her to lift people with it... Um, k. Black Rock Shooter will be moving faster and way more deadly than normal for her. What happens if BRS knocks a building over on her if they run into the city?

Yup. That's all she really needs to keep Black Rock Shooter from tagging her up close. And she hasn't shown the ability to knock building down on people.

Stabbing, shooting, neck breaking, even knocking her over from the shockwave of her rock shields breaking'll be fine to start.

She won't have her weapons so the first two are out and bending will stop her from getting up close.

It's way smaller than the Giant BRS killed, you didn't forget about that right? Easily shatter the ground.... the crater that the Hammer Skeleton left that BRS totally tanked? I think you forgot the biggest part. >_>

No it isn't. Look:

No Caption Provided

And I was only saying that as a strength feat for Vaatu. Who couldn't break out of the air sphere.

I remember still being unsure of why Korra can bend something that totally breaks the laws of physics and logic when she's only ever Metalbent tiny rocks, maybe chains, and a car roof. There's also the fact that Black Rock Shooter will know of your metalbending, thus she can strategize against it. She could use other things to hold you off until she lures you into the city and whips out her Minigun from a long distance, seeing as how she can cross hundreds of feat with one leap. Or just use the same shot that blew up the Giant's head. That's off the top of my head, BRS would probably have better plans.

Because. We can not just assume it won't be metal even though it makes more sense for it to be metal. The fact that it can disappear is irrelevant. That's a power of BRS's, not the cannon's. The only reason for you saying it's not a bendable metal is because it is convenient for you.

And she wouldn't know about metal bending. Basic knowledge would be something like: " Avatar Korra is a woman with the unique ability to control the four elements of air, water, earth, and fire." Basically what I told you when I first initiated this. Metal bending is a subskill she only gained recently and wouldn't be considered basic knowledge. So there is no reason for her to do any of that when she more often just jumps into fights and kicks @ss.

Alright, let me give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can bend her weapons for a second, Black Rock Shooter will know this because of the Basic Knowledge, she'll also know to be wary of the ice and likely head in the opposite direction to lure you away from your homefield advantage. If you try to reverse air bend to bring her back, she could easily jump over the air blasts unless it's a huge one, in which case it's still possible. By the time you even think to do it she'll likely be behind the building. So let's say now we're in the city. BRS ducks and weaves in and out of buildings that you don't want to destroy due to the people inside, jumping hundreds of feet at a time over cars and threw windows. She'll likely lose you eventually, at which point she'll get a sizable distance between you to use her guns that you haven't been shown to bend on feats alone (even assuming they're normal metal or simple enough that would be bendable to you) from so far away, at which point she can start raining down the shots that blew up the Giant's head, at this point she doesn't even need to tag you do to how large the explosion is. You'll be sent flying into a building, at which point if you're still conscious from all the exploding cars and buildings collapsing on you She'll either change into her dual miniguns and bring the rain, or she'll simply shoot the same explosion again.

It's not basic knowledge. All of that is debunked because she'd just charge at her with her gun and sword like she usually does, then get her weapons broken by the metalbending she didn't know about.

Final Recap:

• Metal bending has no reason not to work, other than because the cannon is from a different universe, which doesn't make sense because most metals contain earth. It is more likely that the cannon contains earth than not. And it doesn't matter what type. Other earthbenders have bent meteorite, which isn't of Earth.
  • You have no solid evidence that Black Rock Shooter doesn't need air, which Korra could deprive of her.
  • Without her weapons she is not getting close enough to Korra to do any serious damage because of the heavy fire she'll be under.
  • Korra can trap or kill BRS in several ways, including; complete incineration, entrapment in an air sphere, taking the air from her lungs, freezing her in ice then performing some finishing blow like decapitation with metal, and a couple other things.
  • Korra's morals will not stop her from attacking BRS in her fullest. Once the people see a crazy chick flying around on a tornado throwing blast of fire and stuff they'll get out of the way.

And we're done! I'm pretty sure I only covered like half your post, but whatever. Let's open this up!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so um... I totally forgot about this scene, but BRS's cannon CAN regenerate. 38:30

You sure that wasn't on purpose?

Doesn't matter really. Korra can just keep breaking it.

* Shrugs *

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeepeh

@joewell: ...It wasn't on purpose I swear. xD I remembered that the gun was broken, but chalked that to Mato being way weaker than normal BRS. Did you see my edits? You seem to have missed it. >_> I scratched out that entire last paragraph.

You misinterpreted a lot of my points, and you straight up ignored some. like CIS. And I think I may have made a mistake, I find it very difficult to not reply. xD But okay.

@frisky4@etheral_dreams

Think I got everyone. Voting's open

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with a draw here, both of you counter each other's things effectively, granted may the work though? Well that's a different story, but i felt that points were made and some solid ones as well I honestly' can't choose whom would win in this debate and I felt a lot of time was invested into this rather than other CaV's in the past especially for Avatar. Great job guys!

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel there was a bit of aggression in some of the arguments here, and while I could point a few things wrong with both sides, I'll stick with what's been mentioned thus far.

I'm with @jeepeh in that Mato is quite simply outclassing Korra when it comes to physical stats. And I can't agree to the idea that Metal Bending would simply work on Mato's cannon that, as far as it appears, is created through whatever energy exists in this Other World. And, as noted, nothing stops Mato from simply reforming it anyway.

When it comes to the argument of "breathing", well, that would require Korra's focus and as Jeepeh has said, Mato is just faster than her by a league and has automatic fire in her arsenal. I just get the feeling that Joewell is glazing over facts a bit instead of giving subtle suggestion as to how Korra might be able to win, and instead just seems to assert that Korra can just counter everything and win with big AoE. Even when we're seeing rather clearly that Mato is too durable for that to work.

Much as I like Korra, Mato and Jeppeh get the point.

Loading Video...

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeepeh

@reikai: Thanks,

Oh gosh I love that video. e.e

May I ask what you mean by aggression? >_>

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: He might have meant from me. If I came off that way it wasn't on purpose.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@jeepeh: He might have meant from me. If I came off that way it wasn't on purpose.

lol, I got really goofy on that second to last post. I keep picturing Black Rock Shooter tackling people, ripping off their skates and throwing them at Korra. xD

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpidy.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: It doesn't look like this will get a lot of votes :(

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeepeh

@joewell: I don't think BRS is mainstream enough to draw a big crowd.

Everyone be like:

"Oh hey korra! .... The !&^$# is a Black Rock Shooter?"

These people have no taste in anime.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're hurting my feelings here people.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: DAMN! I want to vote, but I didn't see the last season of Korra yet and I refuse to spoil it for myself. I love Black Rock Shooter too...All I keep seeing in my mind is that giant, dimension shattering, "taste the rainbow" cannon. How long is voting open?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeepeh

@indomitableregal said:

@jeepeh: DAMN! I want to vote, but I didn't see the last season of Korra yet and I refuse to spoil it for myself. I love Black Rock Shooter too...All I keep seeing in my mind is that giant, dimension shattering, "taste the rainbow" cannon. How long is voting open?

LOL. For once the "friendship!" Cliche was turned awesome. xD

Um. That depends if we start getting any votes. If we don't get any soon I'm going to close it. I'll keep it open for you if you can hurry up and watch it.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@indomitableregal said:

LOL. For once the "friendship!" Cliche was turned awesome. xD

Um. That depends if we start getting any votes. If we don't get any soon I'm going to close it. I'll keep it open for you if you can hurry up and watch it.

Lol. Yes. Yes it was. If you're going to keep voting open through the weekend, I might be able watch it and vote (no guarantees unfortunately; busy schedule). If not, best of luck to you and @joewell and I hope you guys get more votes.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Thanks. I'll try to watch over the weekend so I can vote.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Comon guys, we need more than 2 votes. ~.~

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Awh. Imma beat you one day. It was fun though!

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jeepeh

@joewell said:

@jeepeh: Awh. Imma beat you one day. It was fun though!

That's funny. SSJ3Gohan always says the same thing. Even though both of you are perfectly good debaters.

diddo.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Is your internet still in non-video mode?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Yup. Whatcha wanna show me?