CaV: Banner + U-Foes (GhostRavage) vs Hulk (TheDailyBagel)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By GhostRavage
No Caption Provided

Rules

• In-Character, U-Foes are moderately competent
  • win by Death, KO or Incapacitation.
  • No BFR
  • Banner's team gets 24 hours preparation
  • Hulk gets 1 hour preparation
  • Green Scar Hulk used here
  • 100 meters away from each other

Battleground

No Caption Provided

Let the battle begin!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 thedailybagel  Moderator
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GhostRavage

@thedailybagel: Alright mate, i finally got time to start this already. First of all i would like to mention that i didn't quite analyzed the potential of Hulk in this match, which then makes me think that you probably won't have a counter to what it's coming next and to be honest, i've found myself unable to come up with something myself to counter it. That said, if you manage pull the win out of this i must confess you will have my most sincere compliments mate, as i see this battle as a quite uphill battle for Hulk for reasons you will understand as this debate progresses. I also think this will be a quite short CaV in my eyes so you either counter what i'll offer here or fall off the bat, so best of lucks mate, you'll going to need them as far as im concerned which is why i'll be mentioning a lot of things Banner would be able to bring into this battle that don't necessarily affects the battle but i would like this to be educative for people on Banner and the U-Foes as im planning to do a respect thread for Banner.

Anyways, let's open this already shall we?

Robert Bruce Banner

Robert Bruce Banner as you may already know is biographically stated to be the 4th smartest person in Marvel Earth and considered for me as THE smartest and most cunning of all the eggheads of the Marvel Universe thanks to Greg Pak's run on him. Considering Banner is the most proficient in the Gamma field as well as the sole and only person who knows Hulk potential and how to counter it, capable of of taking him out with mere hours of preparation with the right technology. For further information about what Banner could possibly bring to the battle as some basic stuff of his biography, here's his handbook entry from 2010...

No Caption Provided

Anyways, let's begin with what Banner will do with 1 day of preparation against Hulk. First of all, he will arrive at the battle with his Red Robot suit, BannerTech shields and his Hacking System.

The Red Robot

To tangle with Hulk's strength output he will be inside the Red Robot which grants him protection and other useful abilities against Hulk. This suit was graciously showed and praised in Incredible Hulk #601 when he used it against Skaar...

Skaar found himself unable to deal with the robot without the use of Old Power as well as Banner stating the suit was unbreakable by Hulk in the past and that the robot was designed to study nuclear explosions, which then again means the robot can stand impervious in the heart of a nuclear explosion while mentioning the Gamma Absorbing capabilities of the robot as well. The instance in which Hulk found himself unable to harm him was in Tales of Astonish #60 but to follow the newly added scan rule on this site, i will restrain myself from posting the whole fight rather than this statements from Banner himself after the encounter...

No Caption Provided

I know Hulk has become stronger since these days but i need to note that this Hulk was the same one who fought The Stranger in Tales of Astonish #89, so he wasn't as weak as one may think and the power of classic days was still on the game in these issues. Moving on, the robot's naked durability is quite impressive which will protect Banner from Hulk-level assaults, that mentioned, let's move on into the robot's offensive capabilities....

The robot will be carrying Banner's Sakaarian Sword which was very effective in cutting Hulk going from Planet Hulk to the very last issues of the Heart of the Monster, so even if Hulk is the Green Scar, there's nothing suggesting he won't be cut by the sword if Skaar and Red She Hulk managed to hurt him rather easy. On top of that, with Banner's resources he will upgrade the robot adding his own weaponry to the suit to slow Hulk down in this match... These weapons were shown in Incredible Hulk #6...

No Caption Provided

I'm well aware this isn't a game changer at all but it looks cool and as i stated previously, i would like this CaV to be educative on Banner's potential. That said, i would like to make emphasis on the Vibranium Flechette Shotgun, not because of the ridiculous high voltage it is carrying but the Vibranium itself and its numbing properties. The fact that Hulk is indeed affected by those properties as shown in World War Hulk: X-Men #3 when he fought Warpath with 2 knives of Vibranium while eloquently mentioning the properties means that these flechettes will indeed slow Hulk down when Banner fires them at him...

No Caption Provided

BannerTech

Banner will be carrying his infamous BannerTech which grants him ridiculous shields capable of withstanding outstanding force rather unbothered, like he proved so graciously against Juggernaut in Incredible Hulk #602 when he was taking punches that were generating 8.0 Earthquakes in his face barely flinching...

No Caption Provided

This shields are so great that this isn't even his best feat. Anyways, that's just 1 part of the BannerTech potential as it also grants him the Gamma Dome, a huge green Dome capable of disabling any piece of technology that isn't codified by Banner as BannerTech, moreover, this ability is incredibly overpowered when feats like disabling Doom's technology, which is known to be able to deal with Cosmic Beings like Silver Surfer and Galactus, still falls under Banner's Gamma Dome as he proved in Incredible Hulk #606...

No Caption Provided

To conclude with the Gamma Dome, the good thing about it is the range of application it has, it's so big it will cover an estimation of 6 times the Battleground we've decided to have here, which then again means the possible tech you were able to use in this match no longer applies as it will be disabled within a range you won't be able to leave without self-bfring yourself. The range of the dome was shown in Incredible Hulk #605 when it covered a quite big part of New York...

No Caption Provided

To put an end to my opener, let's address the Hacking System which is mentioned in his Handbook Entry as well as shown in the very first issue of Banner's appearances as a boss in Greg Pak's run, namely, Incredible Hulk #601, but for legal reasons of the vine, i won't post the scan as my 3 scan per issue limit has been reached. However feel free to check the issue yourself. Anyways, the Hacking System will be used to hack into H.A.M.M.E.R and S.H.I.E.L.D's data base to gather all the information possible about the U-Foes, their potential and super powers coupled with Banner's own experience against them that way he'll exploit what each one of them offers to the battle with flawless efficiency.

Alright, this is enough for the first opener, i'll showcase the U-Foes on my next post. Looking forward to see how you deal with everything mate.

The ball is on your side mate.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: dayum, nice post mate. I'll try hava a counter up today or tommorow.

By the way I think your misunderstanding the rule, you can post 3 full pictures from 1 comic, that means form incredible hulk #1, 3 from incredible hulk 2# and so on. The panels is what the mods would prefer on regular battles, but your allowed 3 scans per issue.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Thank you. Im aware of the rule mate, hence the reason why i didn't post Banner hacking stuff in Incredible Hulk #601 since i already posted 3 scans from that issue and why i didn't post the whole fight of the Red Robot considering it's more than 3 panels.

Anyways, looking forward to your post mate.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: sorry for taking so long, I had my post more or less ready until my laptop decided to automatically update and close the window.

By the way, if it's not too much to ask could you make another Post on how you'll be utilising the u foes? I have a way to deal with the red robot pretty quickly but I'm not knowledgeable on the u foes.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Are you sure you want me to post my argument on the U-Foes? That might end the debate right there before you post anything...

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GhostRavage

@thedailybagel: Sure mate, i'll continue with my strategy but i wanted to see your post first considering the moment i showcase the U-Foes you would have to deal with the aforementioned tactic you may not have a counter at all, which then again is why this debate would rather short. Anyways, this is the 2nd part of my opener. Needed to post it because i don't want it to be erased...

The U-Foes

The U-foes is a team of radioactive mutants conformed by Vector, X-Ray, Ironclad and Vapor. The team has incredible potential because of the powers they possess however, most of times they flat out fail to represent a threat to their enemies because they are quite incompetent as a team, but for that reason is why Banner is here, considering the guy is a legit leader managing to lead an entire planet into uprising against the system and leading the Avengers in Hickman's run during the evolution fiasco provoked by Ex-Nihilo. Either way, i've mentioned enough of Banner already so let's address what the U-Foes will bring to the battle... For future reference, their handbook entry from 1983...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Moving on... The U-Foes, even though they are incredibly incompetent they are easily manipulated and can follow orders without hesitate as it's mentioned in their H.A.M.M.E.R analysis during Siege, considering the 4 of them are scientists and the fact Banner is here will only enhance their potential as a team here...

No Caption Provided

Anyways, let's start with what Vector and Ironclad will be doing in this match. Considering both of them have already given a lot of punishment to Hulk in the past, IronClad actually somehow stalemating him in the crossroads they will take the front alongside Banner. Vector's repelling abilities are going to bother Hulk for sure considering he managed to do so in the past, namely in Incredible Hulk #398...

No Caption Provided

Even though i don't think he'll have the same effects as when he fought Professor Hulk against Green Scar, he will slow him down at the very least. Ironclad for all i care is just a tank. Now into the interesting part, X-Ray will start the match invisible considering he can assimilate the form of any radiation, which includes the ones invisible to the naked eye like he proved in Incredible Hulk #305...

No Caption Provided

If he starts invisible he can attack Hulk without him recurring to convenient plot help to avoid being affected by X-Ray's radiation outburst. Moving on, the strategy is rather simple and it has actually happened in the comics several times, for example in Incredible Hulk #276 when X-Ray applied Negative Gamma Rays on Hulk while making him go back to Banner and vapor KOing him rather instantly with numbing gas...

The Negative Gamma Rays have been incredibly efficient in dealing with Hulk fast and almost effortlessly, which is why i don't think you'll have a counter for it when Banner himself has claimed it could be the sole way to cure him from Hulk, albeit, still not being able to recreate such beams by himself yet, but that's why X-Ray is here. To prove some consistency here, let's cite Incredible Hulk #122 where Reed Richards uses the same tactic but with a weapon on Hulk...

No Caption Provided

Reed Richards managed to KO Hulk rather fast by shooting the said Negative Gamma rays at Hulk, this and the U-Foes instance aren't the only instances that this kind of tactic was used on Hulk, the same was done in about 31 issues later in Incredible Hulk #153 when Hulk fought several heroes while being judged...

So in fact the Negative Gamma Rays are an effective and consistent tactic that has been used on Hulk over the years with no apparent failure whatsoever, let alone being totally unavoidable by Hulk in this match considering he'll be dealing with someone who not only would be invisible but the fact he projects ridiculous amounts of radiation as proven in Avengers #304 when he pretty much 1 hit KO'd Thor for a decent amount of time with a burst of radiation...

No Caption Provided

So at this point, there's no reason to believe Hulk will resist the tactic because he has never done such thing in 3 different instances where the tactic is applied, moreover, Hulk won't be able to deal with a competent X-Ray considering he's also impervious to physical damage as proven in Incredible Hulk #305 just before turning invisible and has only been beaten by plot or flat out incompetence of his teammates and honestly, i would put X-Ray a little above Hulk's playground considering the versatility he carries in his persona, but that's a whole topic all around.

No Caption Provided

To conclude, Vapor will be flying on top of Hulk just to wait that as soon as he turns back to Banner, she goes and bombards him with numbing gas for a simple and efficient incapacitation.

Now, as i mentioned earlier, i didn't quite analyzed Hulk's true chances in this match which is why i would say that if i win, you shouldn't consider this a loss at all. Anyways, this is pretty much everything i need at the moment, as far as it is, i don't think you'd be able to deal with the tactic but i am quite interested in seeing how you'll try to get around the argument, that if you can of course...

You move mate, best of lucks.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: I may have a few ways around this, I've gathered tactics for ironclad and the red robot, I'll post an opener as soon as I work out a way to deal with x ray

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

GhostRavage debating against Hulk with a truly ingenious prep time strategy and use of past Hulk U-Foes? And TheDailyBagel defending Hulk? Tag me for votes please.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: after reading this through several times a few months later, I'm gonna have to concede bro. For two main reasons:

Reason one: the strategy is nigh-flawless against hulk and I can't for the life of me think of counters without bringing in a large amount of exterior items, which has its own problems...

Reason two: the entire strategy I came up with couldn't really be backed by feats. It involved hulk taking out banner first using doc greens adamantium needles to open the red robot, then beating x-ray senseless with caps shield. The problem is that the entire strategy relies on "hulk would do this, hulk could do that, hulk should be able to resist it more because he's more powerful" without having many feats to back myself up with.

Overall the strategy was excellent GR and I don't think even two or three hulk incarantions working in unison could stop it without certain pieces of equipment. So I'm gonna have to concede here, well done mate.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, damn. @ghostravage called it.

@thedailybagel: I also think this will be a quite short CaV in my eyes so you either counter what i'll offer here or fall off the bat,

I gotta tip my cap to GR on this one. @thedailybagel is a Hulk expert and if he couldn't come up with a strategy to beat the U-Foes, then GR really must have put a lot of thought into his strategy. Kudos.

And better luck next time, dailybagel.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@ordinaryalan: the strategy was brilliant. It uses most of hulks weaknesses and there's not much (if anything) hulk can do to counter it. I genuinely think even if I could use several hulk incarnations Id be stumped as to what to do.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I agree. After reading his posts a few times to make sure I understood everything, I have to concur. I couldn't come up with anything to counter what he was presenting.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I see... I knew somehow that this match would be short, i've spent plenty of time trying to figure out a counter for this strategy myself but couldn't find it, i was merely doing this to see if a different POV of it might be key to find it but that isn't the case i suppose. Anyways, as i told you before, don't consider this match as a loss, the set up was really hard to overcome anyways and the same would have happened to me too. Till the next time i suppose mate, good try :P...

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: yeah, it was a brillaint strategy mate. I figured out ways to fight back but it required allot of exterior equipment and even then I couldn't really build a solid case for a win. Well done, though I'd be interested to see if acidskull could find a way to beat it.