#1 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
Esquire's Favorite Teen Genius, Amadeus Cho

VS

Joewell's Half-Blood Hero, Percy Jackson

Gear:

Amadeus has his Adamantine Mace and his Bannertech Forcefield (HF only, no enhanced durability)

Percy has Riptide and Tyson's Shield (No Achilles' Curse)

• In Character
  • Morals On
  • No Bloodlust
  • Random Encounter
  • No Prep
  • Basic Knowledge
  • Win by Death, KO, or Incapacitation
  • No BFR
  • Start 100 feet apart on the roof
  • Fight here:

#2 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: You can go first

#3 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Although Percy's stats, especially his durability, will give him an advantage against Amadeus, Cho has his own secret weapon: His mind. He possesses a hypermind, which allows him to calculate all quantum possibilities in a situation and choose the best one. This lets him perform impressive and even improbably feats, such as catching a thrown axe from midair and using it he free his ally.

His strategic intelligence and predictive abilities will give him an edge in the fight, which his gear and skills will allow him to exploit.

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (5073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell

#5 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Whoa, he's good, but i don't really know what he's gonna do to Percy. They start fairly close to the water, Percy would insistently go their. Does Cho have anyway to stop him from getting their? Because once he gets their he'll have a big advantage. In water he can heal from almost anything, in the first book he was all slashed up by Clairesse, he took one step in the water and boom, perfectly fine. So he'll probably heal from any attacks he gets getting their.

Now once he's in the water what would Cho do to him? If he gets close Percy could pull him in with a water hand and drowned him. If he stays from afar and throws it, Percy could deflect or block it, i mean he's deflected bullets in the third book agenst the skeleton warriors even if he did get hit by it all it would do is brake a few bones right? He could go down in the water and heal right up. Then Cho would be weaponless. Then what will he do? Percy could go out and KO him with the shield then, yeah he'll probably dodge the first couple hits but he'd run out of stamina before Percy ( unless you can show me some Cho stamina feats ). Percy has held off a undieing regenerating army of flipping undead warriors while protecting his friend all on a freezeing cold iceberg. So he could last a little longer in close combat i'd think.

#6 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Whoa, he's good, but i don't really know what he's gonna do to Percy. They start fairly close to the water, Percy would insistently go their. Does Cho have anyway to stop him from getting their?

Amadeus' calculation abilities have lots of advantages. They allow him to calculate trajectories and discover weakpoints. This talent has allaowed him to redirect a missile with a mirror and one-shot one of Haphaestus' creations with a thrown rock.

In this battle, however, he isn't limited to such improvised weapons. He has the Adamantine Mace he inherited from Hercules upon his ascension to the position of Prince of Power. This has the ability to fire energy blasts.

So combined with his calculations and ability to find vulnerable points, he should be able to blast Percy out of the air if he goes for the pool.

Because once he gets their he'll have a big advantage. In water he can heal from almost anything, in the first book he was all slashed up by Clairesse, he took one step in the water and boom, perfectly fine. So he'll probably heal from any attacks he gets getting their.

Amadeus also has a healing factor, powered by his Bannertech forcefield. It's not as powerful as Percy's, but it let him heal a couple of broken ribs in a few minutes. This should help keep him in the game if Percy gets any hits on him.

Now once he's in the water what would Cho do to him? If he gets close Percy could pull him in with a water hand and drowned him. If he stays from afar and throws it, Percy could deflect or block it, i mean he's deflected bullets in the third book agenst the skeleton warriors even if he did get hit by it all it would do is brake a few bones right? He could go down in the water and heal right up. Then Cho would be weaponless.

Thanks to his mind, Cho can throw his mace in a way that lets it bounce off of his target and return to him, like Captain America's shield.

Then what will he do? Percy could go out and KO him with the shield then, yeah he'll probably dodge the first couple hits but he'd run out of stamina before Percy ( unless you can show me some Cho stamina feats ). Percy has held off a undieing regenerating army of flipping undead warriors while protecting his friend all on a freezeing cold iceberg. So he could last a little longer in close combat i'd think.

Percy definitely has the advantage in physical stats, but Cho's striking power is greatly amped by his Mace. He's staggered Thor, although he couldn't do lasting damage, and when he smashed Miek, one of Hulk's Warbound, the Native retreated after a single blow.

#7 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

Amadeus' calculation abilities have lots of advantages. They allow him to calculate trajectories and discover weakpoints. This talent has allaowed him to redirect a missile with a mirror and one-shot one of Haphaestus' creations with a thrown rock.

Thats cool, but Percy could have dealt with those situations too, mabey not as quick but he could have done it. Still a awesome feat thought. And Percy doesn't really have any weakpoints

In this battle, however, he isn't limited to such improvised weapons. He has the Adamantine Mace he inherited from Hercules upon his ascension to the position of Prince of Power. This has the ability to fire energy blasts.

So combined with his calculations and ability to find vulnerable points, he should be able to blast Percy out of the air if he goes for the pool.

Mmmmmm your right, but Percy could still get there. Not as fast if he could get close and attack Cho close up he could knock him back and make a run for it

Amadeus also has a healing factor, powered by his Bannertech forcefield. It's not as powerful as Percy's, but it let him heal a couple of broken ribs in a few minutes. This should help keep him in the game if Percy gets any hits on him.

Thanks to his mind, Cho can throw his mace in a way that lets it bounce off of his target and return to him, like Captain America's shield.

Percy definitely has the advantage in physical stats, but Cho's striking power is greatly amped by his Mace. He's staggered Thor, although he couldn't do lasting damage, and when he smashed Miek, one of Hulk's Warbound, the Native retreated after a single blow.

But in that scan Thor wasn't fighting back, so Percy could dodge most of those hits. Can you show me some close combat feats?

Oh and on the Comicvine wiki it says that Cho runs on junk food and sugar. If thats true then his power will be running out in about an 30min to an hour. So if Percy could dodge around for a bit then Cho would be out, and he could take him out with ease.

#8 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Thats cool, but Percy could have dealt with those situations too, mabey not as quick but he could have done it. Still a awesome feat thought. And Percy doesn't really have any weakpoints

Those feats don't apply specifically to this fight, they're just to show how he can apply his calculations to combat. He could theoretically shatter Percy's shield if he found a weakpoint, and he could also apply his calculations to find things like pressure points.

Mmmmmm your right, but Percy could still get there. Not as fast if he could get close and attack Cho close up he could knock him back and make a run for it

Amadeus has lots of ways to hinder Percy's mad dash, though. Look what he did to a Death's Head robot with only a pebble:

He sees exactly where and when to flick the tiny pebble to dominate a lethal alien killing machine. He should have no trouble doing the same sort of thing to Percy. While it wouldn't kill the demigod, it would slow him down and give Amadeus more opportunities to get some hits in.

But in that scan Thor wasn't fighting back, so Percy could dodge most of those hits.

Only because Amadeus was smart enough to attack a serpent to Mjolnir's handle and use the distraction to essentially blitz him. Thor was pretty angry with Cho during that scan, since he though Amadeus had been stealing magic apples from Asgard. I was using the feat more to establish the power that Cho's mace packs, though.

Can you show me some close combat feats?

Unfortunately, my Incredible Hercules trades and most of my other Cho comics aren't here, so I don't have many scans available. I can give you a few feats, and I'll see if I can dig up some others when I've got some free time. But anyway: Probably his best feat is tangling with Thor for a little while. He blocked Mjolnir and got a bunch of hits in, although he couldn't get through Thor's durability. He's fought quite a few higher level characters, but he often uses his intelligence to beat them instead of his fighting skill. He's fought an Eyptian cat-demon that was giving Thor trouble, held his own against various Olympian characters when he and Herc attacked the Olympus Group, has one-shotted and otherwise dominated several random thugs, and battled Vali Halfling with some success.

Oh and on the Comicvine wiki it says that Cho runs on junk food and sugar. If thats true then his power will be running out in about an 30min to an hour. So if Percy could dodge around for a bit then Cho would be out, and he could take him out with ease.

He does run on junk food, but it's not going to be nearly a long enough fight to hinder him here. He's stormed the headquarters of the Olympus Group, fighting multiple superhumans and using his calculations several times, and he didn't need to refuel. He's chased magical artifacts through a booby-trapped Egyptian Temple where he fought an unstoppable mythological killer before following the artifacts' trail to a climactic final battle with an Asgardian, and he didn't need to refuel. I don't think it will be a factor here.

#9 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Bump if you're still interested!

#10 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Oh snap i'm sorry, i think i'm gonna have to give this one to you. Sorry for bailing though

#11 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: No worries. I'm always happy to debate if you're ever interested.

#12 Posted by dondave (37939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: how would an Amadeus vs Midnighter battle go

#13 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Esquire: how would an Amadeus vs Midnighter battle go

Much as I love Cho, Midnighter probably wins in a random encounter. Amadeus doesn't have all that many feats to judge his true power-level on. Sometimes, like in the axe-catching scan, he seems to be doing all of his calculations instantly. I also have a scan of him doing an infinite amount of calculations, which would necessitate him being able to make calculations without time passing. But he doesn't seem to use that ability all that often, since he gets tagged by people far slower than Midnighter. With prep he might be able to do something, but assuming Midnighter can break his forcefield, Amadeus can't really keep up in-character.

#14 Posted by dondave (37939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:Thanks for the info