CAV: Alan Scott(highaccuser) vs Captain Marvel(Frozen)

• 69 results
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

Morals off, but no bloodlust. That means no full power starheart.

Post-crisis pre-new 52

No prep

Each character has only basic knowledge of their opponents

Battlefield:

Abandoned new york
Abandoned new york

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...Cool

@frozen you using Batson?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Hmmm...Cool

@frozen you using Batson?

Yes. I'll provide the pictures:

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sy8000
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tag me for voting.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh yeah I'm gonna enjoy this

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

Should be good

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: By no FP starheart I mean none of the crazy stuff he did during brightest day. Everything before that is usable.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this still happening?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sy8000

@frozen it's a day after you said you'd start. Do you want me to start instead?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator
ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This shall be interesting...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sy8000

@frozen: Alright let's start. Sorry if the scans are choppy, I'm not good at posting them.

Alan scott is the first and most powerful GL. His power originates from the starheart, which is a collection of magical energy gathered by the guardians. As his power is completely different, Alan is more powerful than all the other green lanterns. Kyle Rayner has been amazed by the things he could do.

Initally, Alan used a ring like all other GL's, but soon grew not to need it. After so many years of using it, he became made out of pure willpower. Here's Mr. terrific explaining how alan's powers work now:

Here are some feats:

Here he beats obsidian. Obsidian had just soloed and possessed the JSA, including doctor fate, hourman one million and jay garrick.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is insanely impressive, as obsidian covered the entire planet in shadows and left the JSA helpless.

Here he goes toe-to-toe with mordru, a guy who regularly solos the JSA. Only NABU was able to do this good against mordru.

Here he schools Kyle rayner.

Basically, his power level is uber. My stratagy is fairly simple. First alan does this:

He can restrain black adam. Captain marvel shouldn't be hard to hold.

Then he ages him to death

I know captain marvel survived into DC one million, but he was clearly old. He ages, and alan can use that to kill him.

Your move.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Okay. Good post. But Black Adam isn't Captain Marvel. Adam is more hot-headed while Marvel is faster, has greater endurance and is much smarter. In addition, their power-sets differ. My response is that Billy possesses the speed, strength and intelligence to take the win - with Starheart not being at full power, Billy will be able to counter it. He'll be more inclined to use his intellect against the likes of Alan as he is aware what Alan is capable of as Marvel was a member of the JSA (see JSA and JLA: Virture and Vice).

Billy's strength is equal to Superman's. They have always been characterized like that and it simply can not be ignored. His strength is not just confined to that of Hercules as over time, his strength has been written to be superior. Either he is genuinely written to be stronger or he is amplifying his strength with The Power of Zeus - you decide.

Billy arm-wrestles Superman and only loses because Mary and Freddy empower themselves; thus splitting their power by a 1/3. Prior to that they were evenly matched.

Years later they had a rematch and were equal:

No Caption Provided

In Superman #102, Superman sees Billy as Cyborg Superman and Billy sees Superman as Black Adam. Hence they fight, neither of them hold back but they are matched and Superman's parents comment that it would take the entire JLA to break them up.

However, his strength is not just restricted to 'matching Superman' (though they are good combatshowings) - he helped Superman and others move The Moon in JLA: The Titans. The Moon weighs 81 billion tonnes and has a density of 3.346 g/cm3. Billy's strength is equal to Superman's, and would be pushing a similar amount. Despite the other characters helping, he is still pushing in the excess of millions of tonnes and most likely into the billions.

It should also be noted that he didn't stay at that strength level. Moving into the millennium, writers amplified the strength levels of all the characters seen moving The Moon. In JLA #74 - Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman move 1/3 of The Earth.

No Caption Provided

To which several years later, he matched Superman again in the Public Enemies story arc.

In addition, in Superman #216 (Lightning Strikes) he somewhat shrugged off Superman's punch. Superman punched Billy to Hawaii. He was Eclipso possessed and Billy was unwilling to fight a possessed Superman.

In regards to DC One Million, an older Billy appeared in Flash 1,000,000 and he was not old and weak. It was heavily implied that he had become the Wizard or taken his power (though he did not resemble the Lord Marvel version seen in later years, Mark Waid the writer clearly did not have that in mind).

Here, the older Billy from the One Million storyline is seen speed-blitzing attackers alongside Wally West.

Initially, Wally can not even perceive him.

No Caption Provided

The next few panels show him in motion, clearly he is not weak.

No Caption Provided

This version of Captain Marvel was actually at the Rock of Eternity. Black Adam is genuinely just an ancient character. New-52 Shazam beat him by exposing his age, or something of the sort.

But moving on, in Flash #162 he races alongside Wally at lightspeed.

In Flash #107, he zooms away from Wally (and Wally is astounded at his speed).

No Caption Provided

The next panel shows Wally wandering whether Billy has a connection to the speed force.

No Caption Provided

I have some more feats to use, but I shall wait for you response.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'm aware cap is supermans equal, but I doubt it matters against a foe of alans level. He was capable of sealing a multiversal rift.

He could also contain the god-like gog. I'm sure you know what gog can do as you're the go-to person for KC superman.

And Etrigan:

For the record I never said captain marvel one million was weak, just that he had clearly aged. Aging him to death isn't all I can do.

Alan can also use time manipulation to speed himself up. Considering he made millenia take minutes he could easily speedblitz marvel.

Here he easily keeps up with jay garrick, who is faster than billy. They talk while doing this, so he can clearly think at the speeds he was moving.

Alan has much more than enough offensive output to put down marvel as well.

Here he matches the team buster gog, who outmuscled KC superman.

He can harm the team buster extant who tanked everything the JSA threw at him.

Here he does serious damage to mordru. Mordru is an insanely powerful magician. He was able to beat an amped shazam while in a weak state as well as a fifth dimensional imp, and alan causes him serious harm. Not to mention he had the powers of nabu and arion here, and alan is STILL holding back.

Here he knocks around ultra humanite while he had the powers of a fifth dimesional imp.

Captian marvel is also definently not killing atom. Ultra humanite with the power of a fifth dimensional imp doubted he could be killed.

Understand, alan isn't physical. He's made of pure willpower. He easily made himself paralyzed and reversed the paralysis when he didn't need it. Alan survived Mordru ripping out his heart.

He can also blind billy like he did to etrigan.

So to summarize, Alan can restrain captain marvel, surpass him in speed, and has the offensive output to put him down.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Are we really going to use feats like sealing multiversal rifts or beating opponents who combat Superman Prime + level opponents? I thought we agreed we wouldn't use those higher end feats?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: Are we really going to use feats like sealing multiversal rifts or beating opponents who combat Superman Prime + level opponents? I thought we agreed we wouldn't use those higher end feats?

Alan didn't use the full starheart for any of those, that's his everyday power level.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: I don't think so. I've read comics with Alan to see that he isn't consistently at those levels, likewise sealing 'multiversal' rifts seems a stretch. Considering I firmly agreed not to use feats like this for Captain Marvel (against PC Superman and PC Alan Scott):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Considering PC Captain Marvel is technically the Post-Crisis version.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sy8000

@frozen: To be honest the rift was called multiversal every time the feat was brought up, but I doubt that was the real scale of it. @beatboks1 can you confirm that?

But everything else I showed you is fairly standard for him. What did you think he was just another green lantern?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser said:

@frozen: To be honest the rift was called multiversal every time the feat was brought up, but I doubt that was the real scale of it. @beatboks1 can you confirm that?

But everything else I showed you is fairly standard for him. What did you think he was just another green lantern?

I'm aware he isn't ''another Green Lantern''. If that is the scale, then it's a stretch. Do you mind if I bring in some higher end Captain Marvel feats then?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen Why do you consider Post Crisis Captain Marvel technically the same as PC Captain Marvel?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: If you don't mean pre-crisis feats, sure.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frozen  Moderator

@dondave: Technically, they are the same person but reincarnated into New Earth reality. In Infinite Crisis, he was teleported to Earth-S. That pre-COIE history did to an extent, happen.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: I meant pre-crisis for a morals offfight, factoring in Starheart.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen Ehh, his feats clearly show he's not as powerful as he used to be.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

@dondave said:

@frozen Ehh, his feats clearly show he's not as powerful as he used to be.

I know, but to an extent writers did have to change him, unless I solely use the pre-crisis version, which is fairer if we consider starheart. Unless he has power-amps, some of the post-crisis power amped Captain Marvels (DOV version) are exceptionally powerful.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: If we do starheart and pre-crisis cap, you'd be facing a skyfather level being. That's how powerful he got.

He'd also be talking about a battle with almost completely different characters.

Why do you want to do that anyway?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: If we do starheart and pre-crisis cap, you'd be facing a skyfather level being. That's how powerful he got.

He'd also be talking about a battle with almost completely different characters.

I do not mean full star-heart (as that is nearing Galactus level), but starheart that is atleast to a higher degree being used here vs pre-crisis Captain Marvel. Simply because Alan is nearer to post-crisis Cap's level if he has morals or more of a reduced starheart. Do you think Post-Crisis Captain Marvel (a Superman level character) can hold multiversal level rifts? Because the pre-crisis Cap would be the equivalent of a team buster against the characters in those scans you posted.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser said:

I do not mean full star-heart (as that is nearing Galactus level), but starheart that is atleast to a higher degree being used here vs pre-crisis Captain Marvel. Simply because Alan is nearer to post-crisis Cap's level if he has morals or more of a reduced starheart. Do you think Post-Crisis Captain Marvel (a Superman level character) can hold multiversal level rifts? Because the pre-crisis Cap would be the equivalent of a team buster against the characters in those scans you posted.

There's no "higher degree", there's standard alan and full starheart. No middle ground has ever appeared.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Neither is there a non-amped post-crisis version of Captain Marvel that takes on teams of such.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: Neither is there a non-amped post-crisis version of Captain Marvel that takes on teams of such.

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel is closer to a morals OFF Scott.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel is closer to a morals OFF Scott.

Wait you want to use a version of marvel who could casually move suns against non-starheart alan? Why can't we just use standard levels?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: No, the Bronze Age version was not a Star mover. He was planetary and watered down, and is a match for the OP version. Post-Crisis Cap only stands a chance if Alan has morals on.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser: No, the Bronze Age version was not a Star mover. He was planetary and watered down, and is a match for the OP version. Post-Crisis Cap only stands a chance if Alan has morals on.

Alright then, I'll let you use him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By beatboks1

@highaccuser:

The rift was multiversal and it is at standard level. It is however "highly motivated" obviously Alan digs a lot deeper into his power reserve when

1. Everything is at stake

2. When his family or loved ones are threatened

The feat of sealing the multiversal rift was when all existence was in danger in Underworld unleashed. It came off the back of his battle with all of Hell because Neron had taken his wife's soul in his possession.

BTW the scans of Captain marvel against Superman and Jay etc while they are pre COIE they are not vs a SA Superman or one at his level. That was from All Star Squadron (27 IIRC) and that was Golden Age Superman from Feb 1942. So while he was above the level of Action comics 1 he was only just starting to be increased in power and had only just gained the actual power of flight an issue or two before.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@beatboks1: I’m aware that’s Kal L. And it’s not from #27, it’s from All Star Squadron #36. That is atleast 10 or 11 issues after what you said. In the context of the story, Kal L was quickly adept to power levels – because the very next issue shows a rematch, and Kal L fares somewhat better. He wasn’t Silver Age, he was more Bronze Age esque in terms of power.

But, this debate is between me and @highaccuser

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: My turn.

you're the go to person for KC Superman

Yes, I am. I know that KC Superman is exceptionally powerful as I am knowledgeable on the character. I also know that KC Superman struggled with KC Captain Marvel. While KC Captain Marvel is very powerful, he's still below pre-crisis Captain Marvel.

KC Captain Marvel (Earth 22 Captain Marvel) speed blitzes KC Superman.

Kingdom Come #3:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the next issue, after a brief struggle - he knocks KC Superman off his feet.

No Caption Provided

And then proceeds to spam magical lightning (dodging his own lightning to hit KC Superman).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Though he musters up the strength to grab Billy so that his own lightning transforms him, the point still remains.

Scott's powers are more adept to combat the JSA-buster Gog than KC Superman's.

Taking on the JSA isn't something that KC Superman or WW3 Black Adam can't do, because in KC Superman's encounter with the JSA, that included Alan himself. He still fought them off with his gravity increased 100 fold.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WW3 Black Adam (who is less powerful than Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel) can do similar:

No Caption Provided

However, I'm probably more knowledgeable on Kal L (the Earth 2 Superman) than I am KC Superman. Kal L is more powerful than KC Superman if we take his pre-crisis showings and discard his Infinite Crisis appearance and his very early stories and (to which he was only capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound and moving faster than a bullet).

Kal L is the equal to the pre-crisis Earth One Superman in strength (the Silver Age/Bronze Age Superman). They fight in Justice League of America #74 (1969) and stalemate. They fight to the point where they literally collapse at the same time, due to exhaustion. Neither was holding back.

They fight until they literally collapse. While fighting, Kal El admits that Kal L is his equal in strength.

No Caption Provided

This notion was re-enforced in Superman Family #187 (1978) - to which Kal El again admits Kal L is his equal.

No Caption Provided

As you know, the Earth One Superman's power is self-explanatory (as he has easily pulled chains of planets and tossed them). But it's not like Kal L does not have feats of his own.

Pushes a planet:

No Caption Provided

Easily at time tearing speeds:

No Caption Provided

Casually strolls through the time barrier:

No Caption Provided

Kal L and the All Star Squadron fought Captain Marvel (Hitler controlled) in All Star Squadron #36 - I would say his showing against the JSA (with Superman and Wonder Woman included) is more impressive.

He battles Kal L and then defeats him. No strings attached, he literally sends him tumbling with a punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^ Beaten down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He knocks Alan back and Alan comments on his power, he then blitzes away (including Wonder Woman's plane).

Captain Marvel is an easy planet mover - without using star moving feats, he is planetary. Even Captain Marvel Jr (whom shares power with Captain Marvel) has moved The Earth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here he easily keeps up with jay garrick, who is faster than billy. They talk while doing this, so he can clearly think at the speeds he was moving.

Post-Crisis Captain Marvel did the same with the much faster Wally West. Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel has done the same in flight speed (which is faster).

Captian marvel is also definently not killing atom. Ultra humanite with the power of a fifth dimensional imp doubted he could be killed.

Post-Crisis Captain Marvel ran through a firestorm which was generated by 5th dimensional magic...

Alan can also use time manipulation to speed himself up. Considering he made millenia take minutes he could easily speedblitz marvel.

I just do not see that as practical or realistic. That's very far-fetched and despite having morals off, it's unlikely he'll attempt such. But just to let you know - Pre Crisis Captain Marvel has flown to the end of his Universe.

I'll wait until your response to post PC Captain Marvel speed feats.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Thought I responded earlier but CV ate it.

Is this silver age cap or bronze age cap? The difference is really big and I'm not fighting SA supermans superior. Bronze age supes was only a 10 tonner with no flight or vision powers.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser:

Thought I responded earlier but CV ate it.

That also happened to me a few times. So I copied and pasted my response into Microsoft Word in case that happened again.

Is this silver age cap or bronze age cap? The difference is really big and I'm not fighting SA supermans superior. Bronze age supes was only a 10 tonner with no flight or vision powers.

He's not superior to SA Superman. I'm explicitly not using feats like moving stars either, so more in tune with Superman Prime. Bronze Age Superman was not a 10 tonner; that is the early Golden Age Superman, and despite that he was around 75 tonnes IIRC. That Superman seen in those scans is the same character from Action Comics #1 and same man who was killed by Superboy Prime - and his power levels in those scans are not of SA Superman. Those feats of Superman I posted is nothing that an amplified Superboy/man Prime couldn't do. Even the Christopher Reeves Superman broke the time barrier to somewhat of a lesser effect.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Not sure I want to go against someone primes level, but I might as well try.

Yes, I am. I know that KC Superman is exceptionally powerful as I am knowledgeable on the character. I also know that KC Superman struggled with KC Captain Marvel. While KC Captain Marvel is very powerful, he's still below pre-crisis Captain Marvel.

Why exactly do you think KC Cap is weaker than SA cap?

Scott's powers are more adept to combat the JSA-buster Gog than KC Superman's.

Explain. I read the whole storyline and saw nothing to indicate this. It seemed to me like they faired equally well.

Only infinity man had matched Gog before alan did.

This is how a recall the KC superman VS Gog fight ending.

Taking on the JSA isn't something that KC Superman or WW3 Black Adam can't do, because in KC Superman's encounter with the JSA, that included Alan himself. He still fought them off with his gravity increased 100 fold.

The JSA wanted to restrain him, not hurt him. Alan has hurt FAR more powerful enemies than KC superman.

WW3 Black Adam (who is less powerful than Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel) can do similar:

Thank you for posting the part where he one-shots a kryptonian. There are three factors to that whole incident.

1. BA was bloodlusted, the JSA was not.

2. Alan wasn't nearly as determined as he was when he pulled off his high end feats.

3. Geoff Johns wrote that, and whenever bloodlusted Black Adam is written by him he's much more powerful than he should be. WWIII anyone?

^ Beaten down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thank you for showing the bit with Alan.

Alan was far less powerful during the silver age, and his constructs could breifly hold off cap and he could clearly hurt him. Not to mention his weaker silver age form could beat the more powerful SA Hal Jordon easily. That shows how big the gap between Hal and Alan is.

He knocks Alan back and Alan comments on his power, he then blitzes away (including Wonder Woman's plane).

Captain Marvel is an easy planet mover - without using star moving feats, he is planetary. Even Captain Marvel Jr (whom shares power with Captain Marvel) has moved The Earth.

That's all good and well, but alan restrained Gog who was FAR more powerful than Billy is with simple planet moving.

Post-Crisis Captain Marvel did the same with the much faster Wally West. Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel has done the same in flight speed (which is faster).

1. Did they actually speak while doing so? Because Superman has kept up with flash but couldn't match his perceptions with his speed. Unless they were talking then it's just a travel feat.

Post-Crisis Captain Marvel ran through a firestorm which was generated by 5th dimensional magic...

He still can't kill someone made of pure energy like Alan.

Running through an indirect fiestorm is all good, but Alan has seriously harmed skyfather+ level foes while holding back. I still think alan can put down billy hard.

I just do not see that as practical or realistic. That's very far-fetched and despite having morals off, it's unlikely he'll attempt such. But just to let you know - Pre Crisis Captain Marvel has flown to the end of his Universe.

Maybe, but it's an option. He certainly won't be aging.

Alan is rarely out of character so it's hard to judge what he would do. The only time he's been out of character is during brightest day, but...you know.

I'll wait until your response to post PC Captain Marvel speed feats.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser:

Not sure I want to go against someone primes level, but I might as well try

Why not? That's the benchmark you're seemingly putting Scott at. Prime is around KC Superman's level.

Why exactly do you think KC Cap is weaker than SA cap?

While KC Captain Marvel is undoubtedly formidable and certainly above Post-Crisis Captain Marvel or Superman, he isn't at Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel's level. Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel has better showings against the Pre-Crisis Kal El and Pre-Crisis Kal L (both of which are more powerful than the standard Post-Crisis Superman) and his feats are more concrete.

Explain. I read the whole storyline and saw nothing to indicate this. It seemed to me like they faired equally well.

Because it's clear from KC Superman's showing against the JSA with Alan included? Alan struggled to contain KC Superman and struggled against WW3 Black Adam, both of which operate on the standard powers of strength, speed and flight - they just differ to the degree of power in those areas.

KC Superman already tanked a blast from Gog unscathed.

No Caption Provided

This is how a recall the KC superman VS Gog fight ending

See the scan above.

The JSA wanted to restrain him, not hurt him. Alan has hurt FAR more powerful enemies than KC superman.

They still couldn't restrain him with KC Superman being at the disadvantage of his gravity being made stronger. All Alan had to do was use the necessary amount of force required to restrain him but he couldn't. Neither could the rest of the JSA which indicates his power-levels.

BA was bloodlusted, the JSA was not.

Irrelevant. Power Girl holds back less than other kryptonians do - so does Kal L (the Earth Two Superman). The story Superman: Infinite Crisis demonstrates how the characters from Earth Two hold back less.

2. Alan wasn't nearly as determined as he was when he pulled off his high end feats.

We could use that logic for nearly every comicbook character.

3. Geoff Johns wrote that, and whenever bloodlusted Black Adam is written by him he's much more powerful than he should be. WWIII anyone?

Johns also wrote Ultraman to one-shot him Forever Evil. He doesn't have any clear bias for the character.

Thank you for showing the bit with Alan.

Alan was far less powerful during the silver age, and his constructs could breifly hold off cap and he could clearly hurt him. Not to mention his weaker silver age form could beat the more powerful SA Hal Jordon easily. That shows how big the gap between Hal and Alan is.

Except the fact that Captain Marvel had no problem in blitzing away. You have to factor in that he had just fought the Pre-Crisis Kal L (who is much more powerful in the Bronze Age). While Captain Marvel did knock Kal L out, he also endured several hard placed punches from a kryptonian at planetary + level. Factoring that in and the fact that he blitzed away rather easily (including from Wonder Woman's plane), I'd say he made an exceptionally impressive account for himself.

That's all good and well, but alan restrained Gog who was FAR more powerful than Billy is with simple planet moving.

Gog is not more powerful than Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel. At all. That contrast is more in tune with the Post-Crisis Captain Marvel, not the Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel. Aside from the showing that beat Kal L (a planetary being), he has also matched Kal El. Kal El is beyond 'simple' planet moving (and so is Kal L to be fair). Also, Captain Marvel Jr didn't just move The Earth, he practically threw it - The Sun's gravitational force didn't even slow it down.

A severely weakened Captain Marvel (revealed to be in that story) went toe-to-toe with the Pre-Crisis Superman in All New Collector's Edition #58

1. Did they actually speak while doing so? Because Superman has kept up with flash but couldn't match his perceptions with his speed. Unless they were talking then it's just a travel feat.

To which instance are you referring to? Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis? The Post-Crisis Captain Marvel was talking to Flash, who was moving at light-speed.

No Caption Provided

My point above is re-enforced by a statement made by Swamp Thing in Swamp Thing #79:

No Caption Provided

Running through an indirect fiestorm is all good, but Alan has seriously harmed skyfather+ level foes while holding back. I still think alan can put down billy hard.

He doesn't need to kill him, only knock him out. It also depends on what you mean by ''skyfather'' - different versions of Doomsday can take on skyfathers and those skyfathers would actually fall below the Pre-Crisis Superman or Captain Marvel. I thought you also stated that full power Starheart was a 'skyfather'?

Maybe, but it's an option. He certainly won't be aging.

Alan is rarely out of character so it's hard to judge what he would do.

An unlikely one. We already know that Pre-Crisis Captain Marvel not holding back can tap into the upper limits of his strength and speed, we are given clear indication of how he operates.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is actually a travelspeed feat - but it should be noted because it signifies one's power level.

The Marvel Family #61

No Caption Provided

If he is really going to use time manipulation Zoom style then Cap's speed above should be noted.

Captain Marvel has the tendency to use flight-speed to fight airborn or blitz into people with his speed, as seen in his fight against Kal L, he fights airborn. He also blitzes away from the JSA using his flightspeed, to which he is extremely effective at. Most Pre-Crisis characters did not vibrate their limbs as the Post-Crisis versions do, however they still utilized speed.

PC Captain Marvel's speed allowed him to blitz through planets, to which is also a durability feat - largely similar to Superman Prime's feat, alebit faster.

No Caption Provided

And of course, blitzing away from the JSA.