Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Tombstone.

@laflux said:

@Tombstone. said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Im calling out some Veteran guys anyway to see if I convince them Ultimate Thor is comparable to 616.

Im done. Till I get my collections of Ultimantum and Ultimate Avengers.

What sort of madman would WILLINGLY read Ultimatum? D:

I read it and it wasn't to awful. Try reading Wolverine Best there is, and see what true pain is.

Anyway, Cadence was most impressive for me. My vote goes to him.

All I've seen of it is Linkara utterly trashing it. Although I gather that some on the Comic Vine think that Linkara and atop the fourth wall in general is full of crap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Tombstone. said:

@laflux said:

@Tombstone. said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Im calling out some Veteran guys anyway to see if I convince them Ultimate Thor is comparable to 616.

I read it and it wasn't to awful. Try reading Wolverine Best there is, and see what true pain is.

All I've seen of it is Linkara utterly trashing it. Although I gather that some on the Comic Vine think that Linkara and atop the fourth wall in general is full of crap.

No it's garbage. It was a terrible, terrible book. I regret even buying the first issue of it. I just skimmed a bit at the shop of issue 2 when it came out and said this isn't gonna get better. And I'm one of the biggest Wolverine marks on the site.

And my vote goes to Cadence though I still didn't see anything of him being equals to 616 Thor.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By laflux

@god_spawn: Your lucky. Now being in Uni, I have a comic-book store close to me so I can actually look at comics before buying them (stores are alot less prevalent in the U.K), but at the time I pre-ordered the first 2 issues. Yeah, in the end I gave them to my cousin as a present. Not my proudest day ever.................

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Killemall

While i am not in any shape or form convinced apart from speed Ultimate Thor has anything over Thor (multiversal BFR is new, while i have seen Thor teleport to and from Dormammu's Dark Dimension and Negative Zone. Those are outside 616 universe, but not outside multiverse so yeah that was a tricky one).

Strength, durability Thor seem to have better feats.

That being said in this battle Cadence debated a lot better (although few of claim from both sides are a little incorrect, i found more incorrect statement being made in 616 Thor's regard as opposed to Ultimate Thor, but then again i am familiar with 616 Thor nor as much with ultimate Thor apart from Ultimates series). He gets my vote.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist

@laflux said:

@Tombstone. said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I have put it off for awhile simply because of the awful crap I heard. However with Ultimateverse on the Mend I will read it to fill in the gaps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dondave

My vote goes to CadenceV2

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By coolguyr99

@dondave said:

My vote goes to CadenceV2

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Lvenger

Even though there wasn't anything that conclusively proved Ultimate Thor to be the equal or superior of 616 Thor except in terms of reaction speed, Cadence gets my vote here for being the better debater.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Lvenger said:

Even though there wasn't anything that conclusively proved Ultimate Thor to be the equal or superior of 616 Thor except in terms of reaction speed, Cadence gets my vote here for being the better debater.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By czarny_samael666
@laflux said:

@Killemall said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Pyrogram: @Killemall: Thanks Killemall. Alright you can use Classic Thor stuff except the Time Manipulation and Matter Manipulation. Fair enough?

But try and avoid hyperboles, stuffs like was strong enough to bench press a small planet and capable of shattering small planets. As long as you focus on feat that has actually been done, as opposed to thing that has merely been said it should be all good.

Be careful with feats like Midguard Serprent and World Tree though, both for both of you to avoid it.

And best of luck i am looking forward to reading this.

Actually your esteemed friend Hyper_God debunked the Midgard Serpent feat the other day =D.

@CadenceV2: Oh and its 2-0 to me in our debate. Acid Skull and God Spawn have voted so far.

In what way? Point of that scan is that thor was able to overmuscle other Planet-level character, not that he lifted him (what is often misunderstood in this scan).
@Killemall said:

@CadenceV2 said:

In Fact I will ask @Killemall since my Older stuff on Thor is little. Yo is Classic Thor the same as Current non OF Thor? Is it fair to compare them as equals?

They are mostly similar, there really isnt a lot of difference.The classic stuffs are just plain covered in a lot of hyperbole. There have few minor things that has changed:

1. Speed : Classic Thor was normally written to be pretty fast in a combat, current Thor gets blitz.

2. Time Manipulation: Thor lost Time Manipulation powers in Avengers Forever story arc so current Thor no longer has time manipulation.

3. Matter Manipulation: Thor hasnt used matter manipulation for the last 27 years. Reasonable to believe he lost that power as well.

Rest are comparable.

Only time powers were officially taken from him. All his speed feats and matter manipulation ones still counts.
  @Killemall:

I knew this, tried to used the same thing (although i kind of missed the whole scan where it says the laws of time and space doesnt apply to the void , must have overlooked it) and i couldnt never convince Czarny_Samuels666 it wasnt a planetary feat.

Because point of this feat, isn't Thor liftingMS, but overmusceling him. And it is said in the scan: "... as the serpent of Midgard crushes the Earth in it's ethereal coil". 

P.S. I still remember about our debate about Thor and Hulk, but currently I am looking for scan in which we could see what happened after their fight and when Thor was depowered before that fight. BTW, if You've seen War Hulk in action, then You should know that it is one that rest on Earth, while Banner "run" to HR world
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Only time powers were officially taken from him. All his speed feats and matter manipulation ones still counts.

Speed while officially hasnt been taken away , ever since Shooters, Jurgen took over after volume 2 his speed has looked below par, he has actually been blitz and even mocked for lack of speed by people who according to marvel bio rank 3 and 4 in terms of speed i would assume the speed is gone.

Matter manipulation he hadnt used for about 20 years but that changed recently, he did use matter manipulation on a very recent issue, also showed ability to read people mind, i dont recall him every having telepathy ability. Perhaps Thor vol 5 is going to re-make.

Because point of this feat, isn't Thor liftingMS, but overmusceling him. And it is said in the scan: "... as the serpent of Midgard crushes the Earth in it's ethereal coil". P.S. I still remember about our debate about Thor and Hulk, but currently I am looking for scan in which we could see what happened after their fight and when Thor was depowered before that fight. BTW, if You've seen War Hulk in action, then You should know that it is one that rest on Earth, while Banner "run" to HR world

No the point of Midguard serprent was it wasnt his physical body that encircled earth, he wasnt much bigger than a continent, he actually goes to the void where laws of nature was stated to work different and encircles the etheral form of earth as opposed to physically encircling the earth. Thor travels to the Void and lift him, bring him to out plane of existence and ties him in the bottom of world tree in 2 round circles. The feat really isnt anywhere close to planetary level.

Oh War Hulk, havent read. If he did run away in the middle of a fight, not because he felt Thor lost or anything, then thats an outright victory for Thor, no argument there. I have however not read any issues with War Hulk , so i dont know man.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Speed while officially hasnt been taken away , ever since Shooters, Jurgen took over after volume 2 his speed has looked below par, he has actually been blitz and even mocked for lack of speed by people who according to marvel bio rank 3 and 4 in terms of speed i would assume the speed is gone.

Matter manipulation he hadnt used for about 20 years but that changed recently, he did use matter manipulation on a very recent issue, also showed ability to read people mind, i dont recall him every having telepathy ability. Perhaps Thor vol 5 is going to re-make.

Because point of this feat, isn't Thor liftingMS, but overmusceling him. And it is said in the scan: "... as the serpent of Midgard crushes the Earth in it's ethereal coil". P.S. I still remember about our debate about Thor and Hulk, but currently I am looking for scan in which we could see what happened after their fight and when Thor was depowered before that fight. BTW, if You've seen War Hulk in action, then You should know that it is one that rest on Earth, while Banner "run" to HR world

No the point of Midguard serprent was it wasnt his physical body that encircled earth, he wasnt much bigger than a continent, he actually goes to the void where laws of nature was stated to work different and encircles the etheral form of earth as opposed to physically encircling the earth. Thor travels to the Void and lift him, bring him to out plane of existence and ties him in the bottom of world tree in 2 round circles. The feat really isnt anywhere close to planetary level.

Oh War Hulk, havent read. If he did run away in the middle of a fight, not because he felt Thor lost or anything, then thats an outright victory for Thor, no argument there. I have however not read any issues with War Hulk , so i dont know man.

1.He showed great reaction speed when he helped Rulk. But personally, I belive that there are more than just two types of reaction speed. For example, I am sure that Surfer can use his powers in nanosecond, but I doubt that he can throw punches at that speed. 
2.I've never used mm as an argument for Thor. I don't belive that he really has it. At least not in way Surfer or Thanos have.
3.Not mine. In this way, it was never a measurable feat. But MS was going to crakc the planet, so if Thor was stronger than him, then he had to be able to at least do the same.
4.War Hulk was great actually. Apoc teleported him to his ship/pyramid in IH v1. #455, but real story starts in #456. It is really good, WH was able to overload Creel and - as is it looks for me - Jugernaut's force field. Pretty much took both one after another. 
5.War Hulk was/is real Hulk. He fused with Banner (Hulk was even calling Heroes Reborn Hulk -  "Banner", not "Hulk") in Heroes Return #03 or HR #04. What is more intresting this HR Hulk, was at least on the same level with that version of Hulk-616. And this Hulk(616) was said to be the most powerfull version of Hulk (in that time of course), but there are more details that I have to know before we will comeback to this battle. 
Merry christmas ;-)
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Cavadence as he was the better of the duo.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pokergeist

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

So Thor has shown TP ability now? I know recently Ultimate Thor doesn't have TP per say as the Asgardian Dead speak to him of the secretes (as Eyes and Ears) now.

Or maybe a bit of both.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CadenceV2: He showed ability to go into Astral Plane and casting illusions.
sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sommyt

@Killemall said:

@CadenceV2 said:

In Fact I will ask since my Older stuff on Thor is little. Yo is Classic Thor the same as Current non OF Thor? Is it fair to compare them as equals?

They are mostly similar, there really isnt a lot of difference.The classic stuffs are just plain covered in a lot of hyperbole. There have few minor things that has changed:

1. Speed : Classic Thor was normally written to be pretty fast in a combat, current Thor gets blitz.

2. Time Manipulation: Thor lost Time Manipulation powers in Avengers Forever story arc so current Thor no longer has time manipulation.

3. Matter Manipulation: Thor hasnt used matter manipulation for the last 27 years. Reasonable to believe he lost that power as well.

Rest are comparable.

this

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Godstomps. Ultimate Thor is a joke.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lance2legit2quit: You vote for who debated better not who you think will win in a battle...

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lance2legit2quit

@jestersmiles said:

@lance2legit2quit: You vote for who debated better not who you think will win in a battle...

There no debate to be made that's like debating who would win in a fight between Ms Marvel and the Sentry. You could probably make a separate thread debating whether Ultimate could even hurt Thor's lol. Ultimate Thor's a joke and weak af.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles said:

There no debate to be made that's like debating who would win in a fight between Ms Marvel and the Sentry. You could probably make a separate thread debating whether Ultimate could even hurt Thor's lol. Ultimate Thor's a joke and weak af.

this is a CAV thread, not the average battle forum thread. threads like this are where we vote who had the best debating capability among the the two participants, not on what the characters do. don't revive a thread like this to state an opinion that is not needed for this thread.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MrDevil

Tag me for vote

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@mrdevil: This CAV has been long finished now, afraid you bumped an old thread which has expired its debate a while ago.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdevil: This CAV has been long finished now, afraid you bumped an old thread which has expired its debate a while ago.

No Caption Provided

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Yeah T4V

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76 sirfizzwhizz  Online

Lol I remeber this debate. Ultimate Thor has way more feats since this.