#1 Posted by battlexlordx (314 posts) - - Show Bio

this is just a random encounter catwoman is just chilling when all of the sudden frikin catman jumps in and they start fighting 
 
- a win is a ok or death 
- a regular equipment 
- they are fighting in a dark alley
- they arent blood lusted 

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman

#3 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . 
fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.
#4 Posted by battlexlordx (314 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake. "
isnt selina the fastest non speedster in the world, or was that another catwoman?
#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@battlexlordx said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake. "
isnt selina the fastest non speedster in the world, or was that another catwoman? "

Um lady shiva,bronze tiger,cass cain,bruce,bane,nightwing and many non metas are much faster than her,but she's pretty darn agile .
#6 Posted by EddieTheHead666 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just say catwoman.
#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn is Catwoman that bamf?

#8 Posted by TheIndigoEffect (191 posts) - - Show Bio

What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts. 
 
Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.  
 
Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. 

If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.

#9 Edited by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
#10 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman.

#11 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio

catman due to being a man and having a dong.

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
I am not aware of that,they did have a brief slugfest in Hush but i am only aware of that.@TheIndigoEffect said:
What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts.  Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.   Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.
Almost every feat you mentioned is crap.Really Weather Wizard? Adam? Slade? in any logical fight Catman would die in 5 seconds.He never defeated Tiger either.All he did was bit some vein or artery(can't remember) and then got dropped in 2 hits.The Batman fight was the epitome of stupid writing.
#13 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Catman.
#14 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman beats her.

#15 Edited by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@cascadeking09 said:


@entropy_aegis

said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
I am not aware of that,they did have a brief slugfest in Hush but i am only aware of that.
He did way back in Robin 27, I just wanted to know if she was supposed to more skilled than that or something.
@entropy_aegis said:
@TheIndigoEffect said:
What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts.  Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.   Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.
Almost every feat you mentioned is crap.Really Weather Wizard? Adam? Slade? in any logical fight Catman would die in 5 seconds.He never defeated Tiger either.All he did was bit some vein or artery(can't remember) and then got dropped in 2 hits.The Batman fight was the epitome of stupid writing.
Not really, Batman wasn't even taking him seriously.
#16 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

catman easily

#17 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

catman....

#18 Posted by TheIndigoEffect (191 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@cascadeking09 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
I am not aware of that,they did have a brief slugfest in Hush but i am only aware of that.@TheIndigoEffect said:
What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts.  Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.   Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.
Almost every feat you mentioned is crap.Really Weather Wizard? Adam? Slade? in any logical fight Catman would die in 5 seconds.He never defeated Tiger either.All he did was bit some vein or artery(can't remember) and then got dropped in 2 hits.The Batman fight was the epitome of stupid writing.
I never implied that Catman could defeat Slade by himself; that was all your assertion. Notice how I used the words "group" and "independently" to create that distinction. It would have been bad writing if Catman actually defeated Batman; he didn't. I refuse to believe Batman would just let anyone hit him that many times; he usually allows one freebie. Any member of the Secret Six could defeat Catwoman; this is Catwoman we're talking about, remember? The perpetual damsel in distress? Ring any bells? You might be interested to know that one of the first objectives in the upcoming Arkham City game involves saving Catwoman... from the clutches of Two-Face. By the way, when was the "no biting" rule established in the DCU? Catman hangs out with lions, and lions have a habit of a biting things until they die, which isn't exactly out of character for a guy called Catman. I guess none of King Shark's victories would count, either, since biting is his primary method of attack. How convenient for you!
#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheIndigoEffect said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@cascadeking09 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
I am not aware of that,they did have a brief slugfest in Hush but i am only aware of that.@TheIndigoEffect said:
What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts.  Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.   Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.
Almost every feat you mentioned is crap.Really Weather Wizard? Adam? Slade? in any logical fight Catman would die in 5 seconds.He never defeated Tiger either.All he did was bit some vein or artery(can't remember) and then got dropped in 2 hits.The Batman fight was the epitome of stupid writing.
I never implied that Catman could defeat Slade by himself; that was all your assertion. Notice how I used the words "group" and "independently" to create that distinction. It would have been bad writing if Catman actually defeated Batman; he didn't. I refuse to believe Batman would just let anyone hit him that many times; he usually allows one freebie. Any member of the Secret Six could defeat Catwoman; this is Catwoman we're talking about, remember? The perpetual damsel in distress? Ring any bells? You might be interested to know that one of the first objectives in the upcoming Arkham City game involves saving Catwoman... from the clutches of Two-Face. By the way, when was the "no biting" rule established in the DCU? Catman hangs out with lions, and lions have a habit of a biting things until they die, which isn't exactly out of character for a guy called Catman. I guess none of King Shark's victories would count, either, since biting is his primary method of attack. How convenient for you!
The problem being his group could'nt survive against Adam .Batman getting hit so many times by a guy who by his own admission does'nt have a style is what i'd call bad writing.I doubt Ragdoll could beat Catwoman,Scandal is debatable too. 
The fact he bit Bronze Tiger by jumping on to his back is crap writing,he's an elite fighter so he should'nt have allowed Catman to get the drop on him either. 
But i agree that Catman wins,it's just that the writing in Secret Six is questionable when it comes to powerlevel consistency.Remember King Shark got owned by Ragdoll and yet he's given trouble to Superboy and Aquaman.
#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Catman.
#21 Posted by Nefarious (19694 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman wins.

#22 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Catman.
#23 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman. Sure she is behind Bruce, Shiva, Cass... she is still in one of the best martial artists. Top ten, maybe.

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15198 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
Catwoman. Sure she is behind Bruce, Shiva, Cass... she is still in one of the best martial artists. Top ten, maybe.
HELLS NO.I can name 20  better than her. 
Lets start. 
Richard Dragon 
Bronze Tiger 
David Cain 
Silver Monkey 
Connor Hawke 
Archer Braun 
Bane 
Deathstroke  
King Snake
Dick Grayson 
Black Canary 
Ra's al Ghul 
Sensei 
Ravager 
Katana 
 Azrael/Valley 
Bamboo Monkey 
Constantine Drakon
Kobra 
Jason Todd. 
Well that was fun
#25 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: I think she can beat Jason Todd in a hand-to-hand fight and I don't know who the three before him are. But yea that's still about 20 lol
#26 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman unless someone has Catman scans. I can be swayed.

#27 Posted by Loki9876 (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

I like catman more and he can be pretty brutal if he needs to be but i don't know for sure.

#28 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@MrUnknown said:
Catwoman. Sure she is behind Bruce, Shiva, Cass... she is still in one of the best martial artists. Top ten, maybe.
HELLS NO.I can name 20  better than her. Lets start. Richard Dragon Bronze Tiger David Cain Silver Monkey Connor Hawke Archer Braun Bane Deathstroke  King SnakeDick Grayson Black Canary Ra's al Ghul Sensei Ravager Katana  Azrael/Valley Bamboo Monkey Constantine DrakonKobra Jason Todd. Well that was fun
Lol, I hope that list isn't in order.
#29 Edited by TheIndigoEffect (191 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@TheIndigoEffect said:

@entropy_aegis said:
@cascadeking09 said:

@entropy_aegis

said:

Catman due  to toughness and brutaility and knife skills . fighting skills can be debated and selina is definitely more agile than blake.

This. Lol, didn't Tim legitimately beat Catwoman in his early years as Robin? 
  
@TheIndigoEffect: When did he beat Bronze Tiger?
I am not aware of that,they did have a brief slugfest in Hush but i am only aware of that. @TheIndigoEffect said:
What does Catwoman do, aside from getting rescued by Batman? Catwoman's little more than a glorified thief who knows some martial arts.  Catman is part of an elite mercenary unit, known as the Secret Six, and he has a penchant for murdering his opponents; he even went on a lengthy killing spree to avenge his son. He and his group have survived and prevailed against the likes of Black Adam, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard, etc. Independently, he's defeated the Bronze Tiger, and he's even been able to hold his own against Batman, landing a total of five strikes in a row, just to keep Bats distracted.   Also, Catman has an excellent sense of smell, making him an excellent tracker, and his cape is reputedly mystical, with the ability to heal wounds. If I dig a little more, I'm sure I can find even more feats, but I really think Blake is too ruthless for the likes of Selina Kyle.
Almost every feat you mentioned is crap.Really Weather Wizard? Adam? Slade? in any logical fight Catman would die in 5 seconds.He never defeated Tiger either.All he did was bit some vein or artery(can't remember) and then got dropped in 2 hits.The Batman fight was the epitome of stupid writing.
I never implied that Catman could defeat Slade by himself; that was all your assertion. Notice how I used the words "group" and "independently" to create that distinction. It would have been bad writing if Catman actually defeated Batman; he didn't. I refuse to believe Batman would just let anyone hit him that many times; he usually allows one freebie. Any member of the Secret Six could defeat Catwoman; this is Catwoman we're talking about, remember? The perpetual damsel in distress? Ring any bells? You might be interested to know that one of the first objectives in the upcoming Arkham City game involves saving Catwoman... from the clutches of Two-Face. By the way, when was the "no biting" rule established in the DCU? Catman hangs out with lions, and lions have a habit of a biting things until they die, which isn't exactly out of character for a guy called Catman. I guess none of King Shark's victories would count, either, since biting is his primary method of attack. How convenient for you!
The problem being his group could'nt survive against Adam .Batman getting hit so many times by a guy who by his own admission does'nt have a style is what i'd call bad writing.I doubt Ragdoll could beat Catwoman,Scandal is debatable too. The fact he bit Bronze Tiger by jumping on to his back is crap writing,he's an elite fighter so he should'nt have allowed Catman to get the drop on him either. But i agree that Catman wins,it's just that the writing in Secret Six is questionable when it comes to powerlevel consistency.Remember King Shark got owned by Ragdoll and yet he's given trouble to Superboy and Aquaman.
Gail Simone overhauled Catman's abilities. It was established during the first volume of the Secret Six that Catman was a joke within the villain community, but when he joined the Secret Six, everyone was surprised at his level of skill; for a time, people were constantly asking how he improved so much in such a short period. This explains Catman's ability to strike Batman five times in a row, and it explains how he was able to subdue Bronze Tiger. 
 
1. Both characters were probably caught off guard by Catman's new-found skills. 
2. These skills make him a more capable opponent.  
3. It would only take one or two strikes for Batman to realize that he was dealing with a more formidable opponent; to say otherwise would be an insult to Batman.
4. The other 4-5 punches must be accounted for by skill.  
5. You say that Batman wasn't taking him seriously, but I could say the exact same thing for Blake, since he was only trying to distract Batman.
6. For Batman to say that Blake doesn't have a definitive style is ridiculous, when they guy utilizes his claws and teeth like a lion. Kung-Fu is built upon a variety of animal styles.
7. If Bronze Tiger's defeat was such an upset, why wasn't Deadshot surprised? If anybody's familiar with Bronze Tiger's abilities, it's Deadshot. 
 
I'm not saying that the Secret Six could beat Black Adam into submission; that's not the only way to defeat an opponent. I'll concede to you on your point about King Shark, though Green Lantern's been able to hold his own against him, and I don't think Blake could actually defeat Batman.
#30 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheIndigoEffect: If you reread the fight between Batman and Catman, you'd see that Bruce wasn't even taking him seriously. He was mocking him and every hit that was landed was when Bruce was barley even fighting back. Once he got serious Catman didn't land a single hit.
 
BT wasn't even beaten, so I don't know where you got that. He basically got chocked out by him, once again when he stopped playing and got serious.
#31 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
@entropy_aegis: I think she can beat Jason Todd in a hand-to-hand fight and I don't know who the three before him are. But yea that's still about 20 lol
I don't think so.
#32 Edited by TheIndigoEffect (191 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:

@TheIndigoEffect: If you reread the fight between Batman and Catman, you'd see that Bruce wasn't even taking him seriously. He was mocking him and every hit that was landed was when Bruce was barley even fighting back. Once he got serious Catman didn't land a single hit.  BT wasn't even beaten, so I don't know where you got that. He basically got chocked out by him, once again when he stopped playing and got serious.

I never said Batman was beaten. I said that he was hit five times, and that's the second time my words have been taken out of context. You could also argue that Blake wasn't taking the fight seriously, since his only goal was to distract Batman. Also, it's interesting to note that during Batman's alleged "serious" mode, Catman was able to catch the very last punch that he threw. I think it's more likely that Batman discovered a weakness in Blake's defense. Why would someone just allow themselves to be headbutted and punched in the face? Doesn't add up.
#33 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tim_Drake4444: Don't think what exactly?
#34 Posted by longbowhunter (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman, no doubt about it!
#35 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
@Tim_Drake4444: Don't think what exactly?
I don't see Catwoman beating Jason, he has better feats.
#36 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheIndigoEffect said:
@cascadeking09 said:

@TheIndigoEffect: If you reread the fight between Batman and Catman, you'd see that Bruce wasn't even taking him seriously. He was mocking him and every hit that was landed was when Bruce was barley even fighting back. Once he got serious Catman didn't land a single hit.  BT wasn't even beaten, so I don't know where you got that. He basically got chocked out by him, once again when he stopped playing and got serious.

I never said Batman was beaten. I said that he was hit five times, and that's the second time my words have been taken out of context. You could also argue that Blake wasn't taking the fight seriously, since his only goal was to distract Batman. Also, it's interesting to note that during Batman's alleged "serious" mode, Catman was able to catch the very last punch that he threw. I think it's more likely that Batman discovered a weakness in Blake's defense. Why would someone just allow themselves to be headbutted and punched in the face? Doesn't add up.
When I said beaten I was talking about Bronze Tiger. That means he was taking the fight seriously, you don't allow him to focus on anything but you so you don't hold back. Why wouldn't he when he's the one who swung first? Catman caught the last punch and said "Enough." I think you're reading too much into the hits that he took. He threw one punch that whole time, but as soon as he actually got serious it was all him. It wouldn't make sense at all if he landed those hits because Batman couldn't defend himself. I don't know why he would let himself get hit, but him saying "You got a  couple shots in, congratulations." makes it seem that way.
#38 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Catman.

#39 Edited by KungFuMudskippers (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, sorry. I know this is a major thread resurrection, but I stumbled across this and had to reply... mainly because I can't wait for the day where Catman and Catwoman interact again. It's coming, one day, mark my words.

Catwoman is awesome, and she is more competent then many people seem to be giving her credit for. HOWEVER, Catman wins this match, no doubt. I feel as though anyone who doubts this most likely (and I stress only most likely) have not read the secret six and think he's still a joke. Or at least they have not read much of it. You can look at Catman from two angles, just him and him on the secret six.

Catman on the Secret Six: Lets face it, the Secret Six are deadly. They have faced odds that prove each and everyone of them is worthy of respect. In the last issue, Superman and his posse, Batman and his posse, and at least 30 other hot shot heroes were called in to take out the Secret Six. Partially in hope of intimidating them into surrender, but also because the heroes who knew them also knew how deadly the team really was and what they had accomplished. And it's true, the team have at several points in their career fought small armies of supervillians to a standstill. Now most of you know the mindset of characters like Bane and Deadshot... they would drop Catman in a heartbeat if they thought he was a weak-link. Rather, time and time again, they show Catman a good deal of respect. As have other characters like Talia Al Ghul. Perhaps that says even more than any of his impressive accomplishments we've seen.

Catman on his own: Ok, lets get this Batman vs Catman thing over with. You can't judge anything off that fight. Catman wasn't going all out (he was only trying to distract Batman), Batman wasn't going all out (he was trying to talk sense into Catman), we can't tell anything from that fight. So lets look at his other accomplishments. First and foremost, he downed Bronze Tiger. That alone wins him the fight. Granted Bronze Tiger also downed him, but coming to a draw against Bronze Tiger in hand to hand... WOW. We could go on and on about who else he has fought and the tons of bodies he's left in his wake. But the Bronze Tiger fight best demonstrates his skill.

One last little thing to contemplate. In flashpoint Catwoman is crippled and becomes Oracle. BUT Catman is leader of the entire South African resistance and is the only real Thorn in Gorilla Grodd's until finally Catman is brutally killed. Granted it is only flashpoint, BUT, it does show you how other writer's feel about the new Catman outside of Gail.