Catman VS Cassandra Cain

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageBeast

Location & Rules

Location ; A Bank in Gotham City. No one else is in there. 
Both have weapons. 
Morals on. 
KO for the win. 
Random. 
Pre New 52 of both.

No Caption Provided
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I really don't see any way for Catman to win (lions be damned). She has him outclassed in everything that matters. Better skill, better durability, better feats, better training, far better speed etc.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alexander505

Cassandra stomps.

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SavageBeast

That maybe so but don't forget........Catman did beat up Batman and gave Bronze Tiger a good fight.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Catman has a better shot (though not by much) in h2h 'cause of his superior strength, but giving Cassie weapons just took that advantage away since speed and skill are all that matters with a blade.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Black

Cass decisively.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

Cassandra Cain.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Mercy_ said:

I really don't see any way for Catman to win (lions be damned). She has him outclassed in everything that matters. Better skill, better durability, better feats, better training, far better speed etc.

This

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Catman won't be saying "styles are for idiots" after this beat-down

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@Mercy_ said:

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

@gunmetalgrey said:

Catman has a better shot (though not by much) in h2h 'cause of his superior strength, but giving Cassie weapons just took that advantage away since speed and skill are all that matters with a blade.

Just as a curiosity (as it's irrelevant to this argument) what makes you say he has superior strength?

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@Mercy_: Maybe not strength per se, but there's more force behind his blows since most forms of striking take the fighter's body weight into account.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_

@gunmetalgrey: Cass has some relatively good strength feats to her name. I've read a chunk of Catman's appearances and nothing comes to mind that says to me one of his strikes would have that much effect on her. Factoring in her durability and own strength (not to mention far superior skill) even if this were hand to hand, I still don't even see him taking a majority.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@Mercy_: Well I just said he'd have a better shot than say Cassie having a blade with which she could probably take him down in one strike.

He did make Bane bleed and brought him down to his knees, though Bane wasn't fighting back..

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

@gunmetalgrey said:

How is Catman stronger when it is her who can destroy bullet proof glass and 3 inch platz.@gunmetalgrey said:

@Mercy_: Well I just said he'd have a better shot than say Cassie having a blade with which she could probably take him down in one strike.

He did make Bane bleed and brought him down to his knees, though Bane wasn't fighting back..

Bane was just testing him,he brought Blake to his knees just by grabbing his wrist and squeezing it.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@entropy_aegis: Now you're just debating for the sake of debating..

Nowhere in my statements did I say that Blake is going to win or that it was even close. Way to disregard the fact that we've already resolved that I wasn't talking about strength per se.

I didn't say that he would beat Bane either, I was just making the point that he's capable of doing that to someone with Bane's durability.

The better point of debate for you would be to disprove my statement that Catman would last last longer in the fight in h2h than with weapons.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

@gunmetalgrey said:

Nowhere in my statements did I say that Blake is going to win or that it was even close. Way to disregard the fact that we've already resolved that I wasn't talking about strength per se.

I didn't say that he would beat Bane either, I was just making the point that he's capable of doing that to someone with Bane's durability.

The better point of debate for you would be to disprove my statement that Catman would last last longer in the fight in h2h than with weapons.

Uh you said Catman has "superior" strength,I was just disproving that particular point.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@entropy_aegis said:

Uh you said Catman has "superior" strength,I was just disproving that particular point.

@gunmetalgrey said:

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DocFatalis

I don't see Catman lasting more than a few minutes here: Cassandra Cain once beat Lady Shiva and has shown enough strength/technique to punch a hole through a wall.

Catman is good and I'd like to see him more often, but I am afraid he really is outclassed here. I believe he'd be better at taking opponents like Black Mask or the Hush: people with no real superpowers or extreme fighting abilities but who usually get away thanks to Batman's morals. Let's see how they would do with someone who is less brilliant but hasn't got the same qualms either.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@gunmetalgrey: Alright sorry.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers