storm from miles away.

Doomhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Doomhunter

Yup,storm...in order to win rogue would have to get close and that's simply (almost) impossible...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Isn't Rogue faster than Storm? If that's the case she can knock her block off with one punch.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Copy

i'd give it to storm.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"i'd give it to storm."

I mean don't get me wrong, I think Storm can do it, but if Rogue gets in close enough to punch her, Storm's going to be a smear on her fist.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy says:
"i'd give it to storm."
I mean don't get me wrong, I think Storm can do it, but if Rogue gets in close enough to punch her, Storm's going to be a smear on her fist."

yea but the problem is getting their cause a lightning bolt so fast you can't blink or you won't see it should do alot of damage to rogue before she can reach storm.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"i'd give it to storm."
I mean don't get me wrong, I think Storm can do it, but if Rogue gets in close enough to punch her, Storm's going to be a smear on her fist."
yea but the problem is getting their cause a lightning bolt so fast you can't blink or you won't see it should do alot of damage to rogue before she can reach storm."

Storm is controlling the lightening bolt. She'd have to be fast enough and accurate enough to hit Rogue. Rogue's not just standing there saying "hit me", she's moving pretty fast.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"i'd give it to storm."
yea but the problem is getting their cause a lightning bolt so fast you can't blink or you won't see it should do alot of damage to rogue before she can reach storm."
Storm is controlling the lightening bolt. She'd have to be fast enough and accurate enough to hit Rogue. Rogue's not just standing there saying "hit me", she's moving pretty fast. "

i know i'm just saying mutiple lightning bolts should hit hurt.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"i'd give it to storm."
Storm is controlling the lightening bolt. She'd have to be fast enough and accurate enough to hit Rogue. Rogue's not just standing there saying "hit me", she's moving pretty fast. "
i know i'm just saying mutiple lightning bolts should hit hurt."

If she can land them, Storm'll win, but if not, Rogue pulverizes her.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Copy says:
"i'd give it to storm."
i know i'm just saying mutiple lightning bolts should hit hurt."
If she can land them, Storm'll win, but if not, Rogue pulverizes her."

what about the full force of a hurricane? Storm did that to hulk and his flying buddies and the couldn't get near her.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Time is the main issue here. Storm needs too much time for alot of her powers. I say she can only take Rogue if she can stay away from her.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump, This is Rogue with Ms Marvel powers correct? She should win to my knowledge.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Ms. Marvel powered Rogue would not clear a majority against Storm. Storm is a faster flyer, more tactically capable, has the greater range of attack, and both her bolts and winds have been effective against Rogue in the past when she had Ms.Marvel powers, and opponents more durable than Rogue. I don't think it would be an easy fight for either but I think the odds favor Storm for a majority.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By comic_book_fan

storms power is insanely powerful it just takes a while to get going if rogue don't move in and take her down fast she is screwed but there is a good chance rogue can do that.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storms power is insanely powerful it just takes a while to get going if rogue don't move in and take her down fast she is screwed but there is a good chance rogue can do that.

This part isn't really the case. Most of Storm's power applications happen at insane speeds.

She has conjured a tornado around Rogue to BFR and trap her in it before she even knew what was happening, conjured a tornado around DP Jean Grey and flash-froze classic Colossus in the time it takes to blink, and has dropped the temperature -200 degrees inside of a gun inside the time it took the Hatut Zeraze holding it to pull the trigger. And Storm has already outflown Rogue when she had classic Ms.Marvel powers. She shouldn't have a problem tagging Rogue or keeping her distance long enough to KO her. Storm's main problem, if this is Ms.Marvel powered Rogue, is her impressive durability. Storm would have to put in effort if she wanted to KO Rogue with raw power, which could expose her to potentially losing as you stated, but she would opt for more clever tactics (like trapping Rogue in an oxygen-less vacuum) long before that happens.

The only applications of Storm's powers that can take time are large scale or unnatural weather effects (i.e. - jovian pressure field took a while for her to build). She doesn't need to build power of this level to beat Rogue.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@thunderbolt30: Rogue with Ms Marvels powers can survive in space IIRC, trapping her in a vacuum shouldn't work.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Storm Calling

@thunderbolt30: Rogue with Ms Marvels powers can survive in space IIRC, trapping her in a vacuum shouldn't work.

I don't recall her being able to survive unaided in space? Have any specific references?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was PIS when Carol/Binary knocked her off the planet. I'm not aware of any other instance where she survived unaided in space. IIRC Rogue nearly drowned twice while she had Ms. Marvel powers so she does need air. I believe one of the times was when Malice/Polaris trapped under water in a bunch of metal wreckage and she was saved by Dazzler, and there was another occasion when Cable, Storm and Rogue went to save a ship trapped in a hurricane and she made comment about running out air and drowning while she was underwater.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@thunderbolt30: @storm_calling:

How did I miss this? It was when she went to confront Silver Surfer, while Jean chased Binary through hyperspace, in Xmen unlimited # 13. She spent a large portion of her "screen" time in that issue in space unaided. I wouldn't call this PIS due to them being on a space mission and having access to space suits, seems like they were trying to make a point of Rogue being able to survive in space due to her absorbing Miss Marvels original powers which included a suit that allowed her to do the same thing. IIRC said suit also lost this ability after Rogue stole her powers, seems to me drowing is the real PIS considering the origins of Rogues powers at the time.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@lordofallhumans said:

@thunderbolt30: @storm_calling:

How did I miss this? It was when she went to confront Silver Surfer, while Jean chased Binary through hyperspace, in Xmen unlimited # 13. She spent a large portion of her "screen" time in that issue in space unaided. I wouldn't call this PIS due to them being on a space mission and having access to space suits, seems like they were trying to make a point of Rogue being able to survive in space due to her absorbing Miss Marvels original powers which included a suit that allowed her to do the same thing. IIRC said suit also lost this ability after Rogue stole her powers, seems to me drowing is the real PIS considering the origins of Rogues powers at the time.

But...she has also been in space in a space suit. It has been a long time since I read it but I think in X-Men #100 (Giant Sized Annual or Special). IIRC, she and few other X-Men were in space helping with some space repairs or something along those lines and was wearing a space suit. I think there may even have been a point where shewas blown out into space outside of her suit but could not remain there indefinitely.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: You seem to have more instances of her needing to breathe so going by that I can agree the vacuum attack could work. I'm a little rusty on my Rogue facts, you know I'm a Phoenix expert :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ssj_god
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

Sorry for the late response, yes I can help. Jean Grey, and Phoenix are my specialties

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

Sorry for the late response, yes I can help. Jean Grey, and Phoenix are my specialties

ahh .. well ok alright .. u see .. i'm not directly using phoenix, but in one tournament, i'm using full powered future nate grey.

it's going like this.... as it was confirmed at the beginning that nate's psionic output literally matches the phoenix, and as being the child of jean, nate also inherited the phoenix power potential from the alfa mutant, so i'll be using some phoenix feats to express full powered nate... but i don't know too many feats for phoenix :D

ohh and.. please no bigger feat than defeating a starving galactus. because the op restricted characters to galactus level .. if i present feats that he can easily defeat galactus, then my character could get banned :D

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I was expecting this to be a fight between Catwoman and some other cat person.

Storm takes it