#1 Edited by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H

Round 1: The version of Richard Dragon from Pre-Crisis/DCnU

Round 2: The version of Richard Dragon from Chuck Dixon's mini series.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Cass.

#3 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

She already beat Shiva, what can Dragon do to stop her?!

Cain 10/10

#4 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

Can't believe this hasn't been done.....

I can't either but I searched and didn't find it.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

What feats does Dragon actually have, other than everybody talking him up to be one of (if not the) most dominant martial artists of the DCU?

Where are Morph and Gambler?

#6 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

I once read that pretty much all of Dragon's feats were in non-canon material. Is that true?

#7 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I once read that pretty much all of Dragon's feats were in non-canon material. Is that true?

I had the same question, but from what I understood his pre crisis origin was retconned back into existence in 52 meaning most of those pre crisis feats are still canon.

#8 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bright_Blade said:

She already beat Shiva, what can Dragon do to stop her?!

Dragon defeated Shiva, too. 

@CitizenBane said:

As of 52, everything in his mini series by Chuck Dixon was supposed to be non-canon.
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@CitizenBane said:

I had the same question, but from what I understood his pre crisis origin was retconned back into existence in 52 meaning most of those pre crisis feats are still canon.

If I understand Gambler correctly, that's what happened.

@Static Shock said:

@CitizenBane said:

As of 52, everything in his mini series by Chuck Dixon was supposed to be non-canon.

Has anything been referenced nullifying their canonicity, though?

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Has anything been referenced nullifying their canonicity, though?

No, but would it make sense to have two different versions of Richard Dragon canon at the same time? 

The way I see it, Johns ignored Dixon's mini series in 52 by bring back the Pre-Crisis version of that character. Dixon's work might as well be non-canon after that.
#11 Edited by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in the Question Vol.1 Richard is "the last living disciple of the legendary O-sensei" and that "he runs like a Gazelle" (The Question Vol. 1, #18), he shown to be faster than sight since defeated 3 guys and it seems that he didn't even moved from his chair (The Question Vol 1, #34).

Edit: For me Richard wins

#12 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Does Dragon have any feats?

#13 Posted by Blacktimus (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard Dragon Flying Dragon Kicks Cassandra's head off, Richard wins.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bright_Blade: He's got some. I know he has a respect thread at KMC forums.  
#15 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Thanks, I'll check it out.

#16 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it could go either way right?

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Nah, there's only one way it could go. Cassandra Cain.
#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

What feats does Dragon actually have, other than everybody talking him up to be one of (if not the) most dominant martial artists of the DCU?

Nothing.He's featless,his Pre-crisis origin was retconned out,later Dixon wrote another series which Johns retconned and presumably brought the Pre-crisis version back in to continuity.DC encyclopedia acknowledges BOTH which is impossible.Other than that he's only had a handful of appearences in which he has 0 noteworthy feats.

#19 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

He does have a few such as coming off a hospital bed to beat a samuai who easily beat Shiva and Black Tiger.

#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait.....where has Dragon appeared in the DCnU?

#21 Posted by batfan1939 (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cochise: Bronze Tiger? Nonetheless....

I'd give this to Richard Dragon, given that he seems to fight more intelligently, and Dragon can obviously cope with Cass's body-reading ability, to beat Shiva. Might even be able to "decieve" her.

BTW, some of the scans on that respect thread are downright cheesy. "Like the mighty oak?"

#22 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon wins.

#23 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Nothing.He's featless,his Pre-crisis origin was retconned out,later Dixon wrote another series which Johns retconned and presumably brought the Pre-crisis version back in to continuity.DC encyclopedia acknowledges BOTH which is impossible.Other than that he's only had a handful of appearences in which he has 0 noteworthy feats.

Some people say that his pre crisis feats were retconned back into existence in 52.

#24 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6356 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Cass Cain.

#25 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra stomps Dragon like she stomped Shiva.

#26 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard Dragon.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bright_Blade: Cassandra's fights with Shiva were never a stomp, although she did win. 
#28 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan1939 said:

@Cochise: Bronze Tiger? Nonetheless....

I'd give this to Richard Dragon, given that he seems to fight more intelligently, and Dragon can obviously cope with Cass's body-reading ability, to beat Shiva. Might even be able to "decieve" her.

BTW, some of the scans on that respect thread are downright cheesy. "Like the mighty oak?"

Yeah Bronze Tiger

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Dragon did beat Shiva, the battle should be null and void at this point. Dixon's book is no longer canon.

#30 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: So what is cannon for Dragon now?

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bright_Blade: Everything but his Chuck Dixon series. 
#32 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan1939: @entropy_aegis: @Morpheus_: @Static Shock: @The Dark Huntress: @Deadcool:@Bright_Blade: I've edited the OP in order to let people more freely debate.

#33 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Cassandra. Dragon has done nothing pre crisis that suggest that he can hang with her.

Round 2: Dragon. He was a beast in that mini. Non-jobbing male Shiva for the win.

#34 Posted by XiiX (8237 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio
@XiiX said:

Cassandra Cain.

This.
#36 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon has a lot of hype, but Cassandra has a lot of feats.

Cassandra wins.