• 67 results
hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatemalingsia

I want to know who takes this when these characters fight each other on a level playing field.

• Hand to hand combat only.
  • Physical stats are equalized. So no healing factor, blitz, no one is having his head lopped off.
  • Midnighter has battle computer.
  • In character. Their goal is to knock the other out.
  • Pre/New 52 versions.
Cassandra Cain
Cassandra Cain
Batman
Batman

VS

Midnighter
Midnighter
No Caption Provided

Fighting in here:

No Caption Provided

Edit: The Goddamn Batman for Cassandra Cain. Now it's 2V1.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Midnighter LOL-spite-stomps.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatemalingsia

Still Midnighter? Oh wow.

Oh and the pic is wrong too.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@hatemalingsia: This is a mismatch and you know it

I didn't. I will just add Batman and see if it changes anything.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jestersmiles
No Caption Provided

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and the pic too is wrong.

The battlefield its irrelevant here.

1) Cassandra Cain is a street-leveler, Midnighter is a mid-tier

2) Midnighter will always know the out-come of the battle, no matter what...this thread should be locked...Mismatches are allowed, Spite's, aren't.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatemalingsia

@bat_girl_cc said:

@hatemalingsia said:

2) Midnighter will always know the out-come of the battle, no matter what...this thread should be locked...Mismatches are allowed, Spite's, aren't.

What about now. Their stats are equalized too.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like alot to say that the team wins, but honesly don't see how they can.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say the team. Not sure if midnighter has faced an established fighter he never had a stat edge on. The battle computer is an advantage but it can be overcome I am sure.

He'd stomp under regular conditions.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I'll say the team. Not sure if midnighter has faced an established fighter he never had a stat edge on. The battle computer is an advantage but it can be overcome I am sure.

In the New 52 Grayson gave him trouble on 2 ocasions, but that was WIS.

Also, in the first, Dick was winning until Midnighter admitted that he was holding-back, then he beat up on dick, and on the second, dick started by move-reading him, but he got eventually overwhelmed...anyway, Grayson lasting even 5 seconds in a fight against Midnighter, its WIS.

How would Bruce and Cass overcome the battle computer?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

midnighter

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Also, in the first, Dick was winning until Midnighter admitted that he was holding-back, then he beat up on dick, and on the second, dick started by move-reading him, but he got eventually overwhelmed...anyway, Grayson lasting even 5 seconds in a fight against Midnighter, its WIS.

I never brought up the grayson fight. As for how they overcome the battle computer, stats are equalized. Midnighter needs to defend against 2 enemies in his speed class. Knowing every move your enemy makes is an advantage but its not an instant win. Unless midnighter has feats against people who in there skill class and can match midnighter stat wise, or feats of a depowered midnighter which would suggest he would win I don't see why his skill should be considered in the same level as these guys. Obviously midnighter is a skilled guy but his usual showings are a combination of skill and physicals.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jashro44 said:

I never brought up the grayson fight. As for how they overcome the battle computer, stats are equalized. Midnighter needs to defend against 2 enemies in his speed class. Knowing every move your enemy makes is an advantage but its not an instant win. Unless midnighter has feats against people who in there skill class and can match midnighter stat wise, or feats of a depowered midnighter which would suggest he would win I don't see why his skill should be considered in the same level as these guys. Obviously midnighter is a skilled guy but his usual showings are a combination of skill and physicals.

I know, you asked about Midnighter fighting stablished fighters, (granted Dick, is no Richard Dragon) and i pointed out the 2 most recent ones that i know of.

I agree that the team has a huge skill advantage over Midnigher, but if he knows every possible combination...no matter what move they decide to make, i think that Midnighter should already have that covered...but yeah, feat-wise, Midnighter lacks, in this circunstances.

@leo-343 said:

@bat_girl_cc: There is no argument now. You have gone against Cass. No one can say that she wins now.

Lol, The thing is, Midnighter is annoying, before he even starts fighting, he's already aware of every possible move his opponents attempt...though, without it, i'd say that Cass would solo, in a stomp!

@bat_girl_cc said:

@hatemalingsia said:

What about now. Their stats are equalized too.

Its better, though, sadly i still see Midnighter winning.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: I just don't see the battle computer being enough. Batman for example has stalemated lady shiva who can move read, and is in addition comparable to him physically in every way (even being slightly faster). Midnighters computer is far above move reading granted, but as far as I know shiva is far above midnighter in skill. With the addition of Cass I don't think midnighter can fight 2 people who basically match him stat wise, exceed him skill, who have very solid team work, and will be attacking him at the same time.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bat_girl_cc: I just don't see the battle computer being enough. Batman for example has stalemated lady shiva who can move read, and is in addition comparable to him physically in every way (even being slightly faster). Midnighters computer is far above move reading granted, but as far as I know shiva is far above midnighter in skill. With the addition of Cass I don't think midnighter can fight 2 people who basically match him stat wise, exceed him skill, who have very solid team work, and will be attacking him at the same time.

Fair enough, you have a point there.

I would like to see a fight under this conditions happening in the comics.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jestersmiles

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jashro44 said:

You are assuming the New 52 midnighter is as strong as his Stormwatch version, which is uncertain. So saying his showings in Grayson is WIS is a bit jumping the gun In my opinion.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hatemalingsia
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jashro44 said:

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343: lol

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jashro44 said:

You are assuming the New 52 midnighter is as strong as his Stormwatch version, which is uncertain. So saying his showings in Grayson is WIS is a bit jumping the gun In my opinion.

There's no reason to assume that it isn't, Storwatch was buyed by DC, so now, they are DC characters, its the same character.

? where is this from?...sounds like a plot-device, to me...so he knows how the fight will play out, every nuance, but he needs to wait for the opponent to strike first? humm...

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: I know, considering Dick fought him twice now. Lol.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jestersmiles

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jestersmiles said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jashro44 said:

There's no reason to assume that it isn't, Storwatch was buyed by DC, so now, they are DC characters, its the same character.

? where is this from?...sounds like a plot-device, to me...so he knows how the fight will play out, every nuance, but he needs to wait for the opponent to strike first? humm...

and they're in a universe that was just retconned, so assuming that all the Storm watch characters are at the same power level is a bit jumping the gun.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles:

Well, if they did nerf Midnighter, that would explain Grayson keeping up with him...although, i don't see the point of bringing a character back, just to change them and leave the name, might as well make a whole knew character.

Anyway, i hope that you're right, because Grayson's title is actually pretty good, the premise its interesting, and it has alot of potencial, PIS takes away from a book.

Yup.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jestersmiles

@bat_girl_cc said:

@jestersmiles:

Well, if they did nerf Midnighter, that would explain Grayson keeping up with him...although, i don't see the point of bringing a character back, just to change them and leave the name, might as well make a whole knew character.

Anyway, i hope that you're right, because Grayson's title is actually pretty good, the premise its interesting, and it has alot of potencial, PIS takes away from a book.

@hatemalingsia said:

Yup.

Well that the point of a retcon , to tweak stuff around to better suit the story. The same could be said about DC's own characters, most if not all of them are no where near the same level of their pre 52 counter parts , with just a few getting buffs (captain Atom).

So if they deemed Midnighter to be a tad OP, I see no reason to bring him down a notch, which the same is going to happen to Mr Majestic if it hasn't already. He be place a tad under superman.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that the point of a retcon , to tweak stuff around to better suit the story. The same could be said about DC's own characters, most if not all of them are no where near the same level of their pre 52 counter parts , with just a few getting buffs (captain Atom).

So if they deemed Midnighter to be a tad OP, I see no reason to bring him down a notch, which the same is going to happen to Mr Majestic if it hasn't already. He be place a tad under superman.

What's the problem with Mr. Majestic being near Superman level? IIRC Apollo has died in New 52.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pre-New 52 Midnighter wtfcurbstomps the Bat team.

New 52 Midnighter still stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious In a contest of pure h2h? I don't know about that.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With stats equal, this isnt going to end well for Midighter. Every scenario he predicts, would end in defeat. Doesn't seem fair.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With stats equal, this isnt going to end well for Midighter. Every scenario he predicts, would end in defeat. Doesn't seem fair.

Oh really? And if I take Batman out?

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want to say the bat family, but midnighter is too good. faster, stronger, can hit harder, and can read opponents moves before they make them... if batman and cass have their gear, I want to think they have the skill and experience to put midnighter in a position that cannot be countered even if he ran the scenario in his mind a million times.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Patera_All

@hatemalingsia: Then i think things would be equal. The battle computer may allow Midnighter to keep up with either; the most skilled martial artist in the DC universe, or the most naturally talented one, but not both. No ripping you or this batte, Im just surprised more people can't agree with that.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Patera_All

@tg_54: Read the OP. He isnt faster or stronger in this scenario.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: Then i think things would be equal. The battle computer will allow Midnighter to keep up with either; the most skilled martial artists in the DC universe, or the most naturally talented one, but not both. No ripping you or this battel, Im just surprised more people can't agree with that.

Eh, everyone to his taste. Can't really tell you what my opinion is, hah. Thanks for the answer, appreciate it.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@logy5000: Midnighter is far stronger than anyone here and I think he is a better combatant.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter is an annoying character in CV style matches.

The way his Battle computer works, is that if there is anychance of him winning, he wins.

The only way he loses, is if he is so outmatched, that there is absolutely no way for him to with the fight.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally researched Midnighter and read some comics... He was definitely nerfed in the new 52, Midnighter is taking this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Stats are equal. His strength advantage is neutralized.

I'm not very knowledgeable on Midnighter though, so I can't debate for fighting skill advantages.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Midnighter bc of the battle computer

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman solos.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

withe speed equalized batman will be able to read his moves to and batman has more patience it becomes a counter match and midnighter gets frustrated and leaves.