Carnage vs Wolverine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bor

Carnage atm has realy vast strength (well over 90 tons).

Wolerine was able to effectivly fight with even stronger.

So would it be a good fight and what y think who could win ?

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cracks
@Bor: Slice and dice.

:)
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By capall

carnage would beat the crap out of logan here
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cracks

On an irrelevant note, I wonder what would happen if Logan managed to slice Carnage's arm off. Would Carnage be able to regenerate the arm?

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By capall
@cracks said:
"On an irrelevant note, I wonder what would happen if Logan managed to slice Carnage's arm off. Would Carnage be able to regenerate the arm? "

i don't think it's even been done but i would suspect that he probably could based on the fact that he is able to shapeshift, altho i doubt it would be done instantly
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By capall
@Statman said:
"

Wolverine would be-head him

"

how so?
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cracks
@capall: Why would shapeshifting influence Carnage's healing factor? Also, I wanted to add that, if Carnage's entire arm were cut off. 
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall
@cracks said:
" @capall: Why would shapeshifting influence Carnage's healing factor? Also, I wanted to add that, if Carnage's entire arm were cut off.  "

shapeshifting doesn't influence his hf but what it shows is his ablitity to reshape his body or parts, like said above my answer was only a suspected not an entire truth
Avatar image for calisthenicskingz
Calisthenicskingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Calisthenicskingz

Carnage

Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Siafon

Carnage wins the fight, and even if Logan sliced off an appendage he would regrow it. The symbiote that Cassidy has is different that Venom. Venom wears his symbiote, while Carnage's symbiote is within him. It has mingled with his blood, and he manipulates it that way. His symbiote is completely submissive to Cassidy. He is usuallly bound with restraints so he can't even move his mouth, because that is how he releases it. His blood is the symbiote. So cutting of an appendage it could easily be reattached, or regrown. It would be a bloody fight until Cassidy got bored, or decided he wanted to test Logan threshold of pain.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By castleking
logan would exhaust the syms regen and kill them.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cracks
@Siafon: So if Carnage were sliced in half or blown to pieces, he would be able to heal back together?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Power NeXus
@Bor said:
"  Carnage atm has realy vast strength (well over 90 tons)."

I believe you're thinking of Toxin there. Carnage isn't that strong. 

He should still win this fight though.
Avatar image for smooth_criminal
Smooth Criminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Smooth Criminal

Isn't Carnage atm ... Dead? 

Regardless, I could see Carnage incapacitating Logan with not much difficulty. Carnage is stronger, so he could tentacle-bind him and flood his airways until Logan passes out, etc.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Grand Ninja

lol. those claws will just tear through him like water and then reassemble right back. there's nothing wolverine can do really with a plot device.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cracks

@Grand Ninja: What if for some reason, Logan was able to slice Carnage's leg or arm off. Then what?

I know it wouldn't happen, but let's speculate. 

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Grand Ninja
@Power NeXus said:
" @Bor said:
I believe you're thinking of Toxin there. Carnage isn't that strong.  He should still win this fight though. "
actually carnage is at minimum of 20 tons, but he can also grow in size increasing that strength. the only way wolverine can win is the same way spiderman, vemon and the fantasic four beat him. through PIS.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Power NeXus
@Grand Ninja said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Bor said:
I believe you're thinking of Toxin there. Carnage isn't that strong.  He should still win this fight though. "
actually carnage is at minimum of 20 tons, but he can also grow in size increasing that strength. the only way wolverine can win is the same way spiderman, vemon and the fantasic four beat him. through PIS. "

I'm not sure of his exact strength level, but he is stronger than Spider-Man and Venom combined (at the time of Carnage's origin). That would put him somewhere around the 30 ton level minimum. I once heard something about him being at the 50 ton mark, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is. 
But, however strong he is, he sure as heck isn't a 90 tonner.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Grand Ninja
@Power NeXus said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Bor said:
actually carnage is at minimum of 20 tons, but he can also grow in size increasing that strength. the only way wolverine can win is the same way spiderman, vemon and the fantasic four beat him. through PIS. "
I'm not sure of his exact strength level, but he is stronger than Spider-Man and Venom combined (at the time of Carnage's origin). That would put him somewhere around the 30 ton level minimum. I once heard something about him being at the 50 ton mark, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is. But, however strong he is, he sure as heck isn't a 90 tonner. "
oh no, not even close to 90 tons. he can grow in size, but he doesn't grow that big.I think he can get as tall as 1 story tall.
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine can outsmart him . Throw at Carnage an explosive barrel , for example .

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ziro

Carnage(in a pretty one-sided bout).

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By why so serious
@Ziro said:
" Carnage(in a pretty one-sided bout). "

Agreed.  Carnage for the win, easily too.

@castleking said:
"logan would exhaust the syms regen and kill them.
"

Carnage is over 100 times stronger then wolverine, literally.  Carnage can press 90 tons.  90 TONS.  wolverine can't even lift 1 ton. ( 800 lbs), to be precise. 
Carnage's symbiote also protects carnage from most brute force harm.  Not to mention the fact that Carnage is over twice as fast as spiderman, who is already waaaaay faster than Wolverine.   
Carnage also has faaaar better reflexes, far better then even spiderman. 
Carnage also has range attacks.  wolverine doesn't.
ihatemymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ihatemymom
@Smooth Criminal said:

"Isn't Carnage atm ... Dead?   Regardless, I could see Carnage incapacitating Logan with not much difficulty. Carnage is stronger, so he could tentacle-bind him and flood his airways until Logan passes out, etc. "

OMG, this isn't even funny.  Carnage would DESTROY, I mean, ANNIHILATE and HUMILIATE Wolverine. 
Its not that I like Carnage, but Carnage is soo much stronger than Wolverine that its not even a close match.     

@cracks said:

" @Siafon: So if Carnage were sliced in half or blown to pieces, he would be able to heal back together? "

Carnage's symbiote would allow Carnage to heal from virtually anything quickly.   ( its different from venom's). 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@why so serious said:
" @Ziro said:

@castleking said:
"
  Carnage is over 100 times stronger then wolverine, literally.  Carnage can press 90 tons.  90 TONS.  wolverine can't even lift 1 ton. ( 800 lbs), to be precise. Carnage's symbiote also protects carnage from most brute force harm.  Not to mention the fact that Carnage is over twice as fast as spiderman, who is already waaaaay faster than Wolverine.   Carnage also has faaaar better reflexes, far better then even spiderman. Carnage also has range attacks.  wolverine doesn't. "
Carnage isn't anywhere near 90 tons, but anyway.

He wins. And this fight has been done at least 5 times already.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Ferro Vida
@ihatemymom: Good to see you finally got yourself and avatar
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By why so serious
@Morpheus_ said:
" @why so serious said:
" @Ziro said:

@castleking said:
"
  Carnage is over 100 times stronger then wolverine, literally.  Carnage can press 90 tons.  90 TONS.  wolverine can't even lift 1 ton. ( 800 lbs), to be precise. Carnage's symbiote also protects carnage from most brute force harm.  Not to mention the fact that Carnage is over twice as fast as spiderman, who is already waaaaay faster than Wolverine.   Carnage also has faaaar better reflexes, far better then even spiderman. Carnage also has range attacks.  wolverine doesn't. "
Carnage isn't anywhere near 90 tons, but anyway.

He wins. And this fight has been done at least 5 times already.
"

I found somewhere that the strongest version of carnage was indeed in class 90, but anyways, aint matter.   

CARNAGE STOMPS WOLVERINE.
ihatemymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ihatemymom
@Ferro Vida said:
" @ihatemymom: Good to see you finally got yourself and avatar "

sure.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jack128875

Carnage cannot possibly lose to wolverine, even if he wanted to. 

In the end, I see Carnage inserting his tendrils into Wolverine's nose and taking all of Wolverine's organs out.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ramtha07

Way faster than Spiderman... really? How so, don't remember this becoming fact in any of the books. And Spiderman way faster than Wolverine? Faster, yes, but way faster? Logan's reflexes are top tier. I'd say his agility and speed are inferior to both Spidey and Carnage (not by as much as the above exagerrated poster would have us believe) but not his reflexes. His reflexes are tied to his enhanced senses and border on precog. When written accurately, he is a master at telegraphing his opponents moves.

Carnage takes it 6/10 times -  But NOT because he's stronger; strength levels are not too huge a factor in Wolvie fights. Adamantium skeleton and healing factor (which is insane in present day) will keep him up. I repeat, folks outside of Hulk level brute force trauma don't really threaten the Wolverine with brute strength alone. His superhuman speed, agility, insane reflexes (reflexes I would peg as actually better than Carnage's) coupled with his second to none fighting skills (if he, and by 'he' I mean the writer of the month, wakes up and actually chooses to USE said skills) should allow him to avoid most hits anyway. Those he doesn't, he heals through. What I'm saying here, is a fighter as skilled as a Wolvie (plus his enhanced senses) or even a Cap will make up for what they lack in speed with prowess against a 'potentially' faster opponent.

If I give Logan 4 fights on 10 because if Carnage is stupid, which he often is, and doesn't tie Logan up before closing for the kill, Wolverine has a very real chance at decapitating or just carving Carnage to pieces up close and personal. Again, only if Logan uses his skills and stops messing around - a master of combat to that degree, even if we just look at his samurai training - as a samurai KNOWS where to strike ONCE to kill  (it's called iaijutsu training). A samurai can draw his blade in one fluid motion, needing to strike only once for the kill - a movement often faster than the eye can see. They study anatomy, and know exactly where the kill strike is. Wolverine wouldn't  be messing around with symbiot appendages.

Carnage is a psycho and has no real fighting ability to speak of. 

Anyway, that's my take on it. 
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Carnage wins easily.

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BattleHeiz

Naughty Tentacles

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Carnage was strong enough to have a 20 issue story Arc and survive being ripped in half by Sentry i think he takes this

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ramtha07
@TheCheeseStabber:
Ya, but being ripped in half ... he most certainly lost. And this without having the time to even realize he wasn't in one piece anymore. Sentry sneezes on Carnage and he's done. 

Likewise, losing his head to an adamantium swipe... he may not die (though I think he would) ... but he would lose. I give Carnage the majority, but I don't believe it's the curbstomp some people say it is if Carnage is silly enough to go hand to hand. Wolverine, if written with half the skill he has, could end most hand to hand battles with a one shot (for those who his claws can pierce). 

If Carnage stays his distance and uses said tentacles... Wolvie goes down in all likelihood without getting any licks in.
chrisp0394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chrisp0394

@Ramtha07 said:

Way faster than Spiderman... really? How so, don't remember this becoming fact in any of the books. And Spiderman way faster than Wolverine? Faster, yes, but way faster? Logan's reflexes are top tier. I'd say his agility and speed are inferior to both Spidey and Carnage (not by as much as the above exagerrated poster would have us believe) but not his reflexes. His reflexes are tied to his enhanced senses and border on precog. When written accurately, he is a master at telegraphing his opponents moves. Carnage takes it 6/10 times - But NOT because he's stronger; strength levels are not too huge a factor in Wolvie fights. Adamantium skeleton and healing factor (which is insane in present day) will keep him up. I repeat, folks outside of Hulk level brute force trauma don't really threaten the Wolverine with brute strength alone. His superhuman speed, agility, insane reflexes (reflexes I would peg as actually better than Carnage's) coupled with his second to none fighting skills (if he, and by 'he' I mean the writer of the month, wakes up and actually chooses to USE said skills) should allow him to avoid most hits anyway. Those he doesn't, he heals through. What I'm saying here, is a fighter as skilled as a Wolvie (plus his enhanced senses) or even a Cap will make up for what they lack in speed with prowess against a 'potentially' faster opponent. If I give Logan 4 fights on 10 because if Carnage is stupid, which he often is, and doesn't tie Logan up before closing for the kill, Wolverine has a very real chance at decapitating or just carving Carnage to pieces up close and personal. Again, only if Logan uses his skills and stops messing around - a master of combat to that degree, even if we just look at his samurai training - as a samurai KNOWS where to strike ONCE to kill (it's called iaijutsu training). A samurai can draw his blade in one fluid motion, needing to strike only once for the kill - a movement often faster than the eye can see. They study anatomy, and know exactly where the kill strike is. Wolverine wouldn't be messing around with symbiot appendages. Carnage is a psycho and has no real fighting ability to speak of. Anyway, that's my take on it.

@Ramtha07 I don't think I could possible agree with you more, in all aspects of your point of view. I'm going to give the majority to carnage for the sole reason that he has ranged attacks, which will eventually tire wolverine. If carnage is stupid enough to go hand to hand with wolverine, he loses in my opinion. The current HF of wolverine is also far superior to Carnage.

Gfunk1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people keeping saying Carnage will just regrow limbs. He isn't Deadpool/Wolverine, and has zero powers of his own. His symbiote can regenerate, and at one point it infused itself in his blood. That means it is living within his blood and he can call it out through his blood, but it doesn't regenerate HIM, it regenerates itself. Even in his blood, it can't recreate limbs like a healing factor can by using the DNA code to reform it (it isn't his DNA). It makes no sense at all. We also saw this when Sentry ripped Carnage in half. He had to get prosthetics after that.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage should over come Wolverine pretty easily. Faster, stronger, etc.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Carnage 10/10.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carnage stomps

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wolverine has had trouble even getting close to Venom without being caught up by tendrils:

And Cletus is far more able to form tendrils than Brock so he could easily ensnare Logan. After that, it's all over.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cletus easily

DanteKesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's break it down

Logan has adamantium claws and skeleton

Carnage is stronger than Spider-man and Venom combined (Spiderman is strong enough to punch Kingpin, and Venom can throw cars several blocks)

He has webbing stronger than that of Spider-Man's (Spider-Man's webbing is strong enough to hold the Lizard and disable Falcon's wings)

Just like Peter, he has the Spider-sense. He also has a healing factor stronger than Venom's (Venom has survived bullets, punches from Juggernaut, and an anti-tank rocket)

Logan has animal senses and is at peak human level.

Carnage can use spikes and tendrils to attack, so he might be able to attack Logan in the eyes

Logan can be killed by losing air or having his brain destroyed, so Carnage might unintentionally take advantage of this by webbing him up enough that his whole body is covered in webbing

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dantekesha: Carnage > Spidey > Wolverine that's all we need to knowb

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 morpheus_  Moderator

@dantekesha: It's remarkable how you can type so much with most of your points being entirely erroneous.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage and most symbiotes are pretty terrible match ups for wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

All Symbiotes would beat Wolverine for a majority but Kasady would humiliate Wolverine.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44 said:

Carnage and most symbiotes are pretty terrible match ups for wolverine.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mismatch. Carnage stomps.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers