• 120 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Can Carnage win the gauntlet? If not, how far does he make it?

No Caption Provided

A city after being hit by multiple bombing runs...Buildings are in unstable condition and there are scattered fires. Unpopulated.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Carnage has 3 hours rest between matches.

-This is PRE-RETURNED Carnage. He can't use the symbiote to simply take over his foes.

-Everyone is in character.

-Carnage is told the name of the character 5 minutes before they enter.

-Characters always enter 2 blocks away from Carnage. Not visible.

-Random encounter for the characters, but they know there's a threat in the region.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

Gauntlet:

1) BuckyCap

2) Cardiac

3) Gambit (no death powers)

4) Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)

4) Green Goblin

5) Shocker

6) Cyclops (won't remove visor)

7) Omega Red

8) Deathlok (Michael Collins)

9) Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

10) Joe Fixit

BONUS ROUND:

If Carnage survives, he has the pleasure of trying to slaughter the Bat-family!

Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

(all pre-52)

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

hmmmmm i am gonna say he makes it to gambit and if he makes it past him then GG will stop him

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wisppeons

I think he would run through everyone here if they dont have prep on him.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

Beast might be able to take him out in the first fight. He is smart enough to utilize the random fires that are throughout the streets and buildings in the set up. If not then I think Kraven gives him a hell of a fight, but he does not get past Green Goblin.

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wisppeons

how does character morals apply when everyone is bloodlusted?

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Wisppeons said:
" I think he would run through everyone here if they dont have prep on him. "
have to disagree, gambit will make carnage hurt since the explosions will damage the symbiotic form itself, and if he does make it past gambit then he will be much to hurt for 40 mins to recover gull and GG will put him down via bombs, and if IF he makes it past norman then DP will end it due to carnage ebing very weak from his past fights
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wisppeons

he is still faster and he has prep on who he is fighting.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Wisppeons said:
"how does character morals apply when everyone is bloodlusted?"

Only Carnage is bloodlusted, read the post.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Wisppeons said:
"how does character morals apply when everyone is bloodlusted?"

Carnage is in a bloodlust..."Character morals applies" goes to the gauntlet characters...I refer to them as "characters" in the rules and Carnage is self-titled.  Andferne, I agree Beast could, however I see it being more likely that Carnage will injure/kill him before he can properly apply fire.  This is due to Carnage's sheer strength, speed, use of weapons and ruthlessness.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dreadmaster

I think Omega Red will take him

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wisppeons

well if Carnage is bloodlusted I def think he will make it thru this since he is faster and stronger then everyone here and since they are going by their morals (the good guys) will try to contain him rather hen kill him.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Wisppeons said:
" well if Carnage is bloodlusted I def think he will make it thru this since he is faster and stronger then everyone here and since they are going by their morals (the good guys) will try to contain him rather hen kill him. "
GG won't punisher won't, omega red won't, venom won't doc ock won't deadpool won't,kraven won't
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chaos Prime

I tend to agree with Andferne on this one that Carnage could fall at the first hurdle.This scenario suits Beast as there are open areas & lots of places to seek shelter too.Add the rubble & fire & Carnage might have a flaming Brick stuck into his mouth.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14  Edited By The_Martian

Carnage loses at Spider-Man or Venom.

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wisppeons

yea but they have no prep coming into this fight Doc ock doesnt have anything but his claws punisher doesnt have anything to take him down I dont think. GG is only allowed to fly 10feet above the ground I dont think thats out of carnages jumping range and if it is he still has aid from the buildings deadpool will be Ko. what advantages does red have when he has no armor?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" Carnage loses at Spider-Man or Venom. "

No Caption Provided

Not so sure about that.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Wisppeons said:
" yea but they have no prep coming into this fight Doc ock doesnt have anything but his claws punisher doesnt have anything to take him down I dont think. GG is only allowed to fly 10feet above the ground I dont think thats out of carnages jumping range and if it is he still has aid from the buildings deadpool will be Ko. what advantages does red have when he has no armor? "
if you read right it was 10 feet above the buildings not ground, doc ock has faced symbiotic forms before, punisher has 2 grenades and with him using them he can use them to one lure carnage into a trap with fire or two just blow him up since it's still going to do fire damage 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By The_Martian
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Nobody said:

Not so sure about that.

"
By the time Carnage makes it to Spider-Man and Venom, he has already had to work though several powerful foes. The Green Goblin has a good chance at taking him out. If he wasn't limit to how high he could fly, I might suggest GG might win.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Nobody said:

Not so sure about that.

"
By the time Carnage makes it to Spider-Man and Venom, he has already had to work though several powerful foes. The Green Goblin has a good chance at taking him out. If he wasn't limit to how high he could fly, I might suggest GG might win. "

I'm not sure he will make it there myself.  But physically speaking, Gargan would be the real challenge. Not Brock or Spidey. Brock could lift up to 12 tons, if memory serves right. And since this is current Spidey, his strength level is at 10 tons.Since Carnage is casually seen overcoming them both, I would say his strength level surpasses that of 20 tons (I used to remember something about him being class 50, but I can't find it)at least.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Matezoide2

Carnage wins that
the only characther who is capable of actualy damaging him is Beast,until he gets to Gargan,who will have a nice match with Carnage
then when Carnage wins,he will rest,curbstomp Spider-Man,rest some more and defeat the others with easy

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Nerx
@dreadmaster said:
" I think Omega Red will take him "
Seconded, lets see OR has:
  • Death Spores
  • Carbonadium Coils
  • Tough as Ass Skin
  • Life-force Absorption
  • Some Healing Factor
  • KGB training

and hat sounds bad for Carnage
Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mr.Pie

Green Goblin takes him out

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Matezoide said:
"Carnage wins thatthe only characther who is capable of actualy damaging him is Beast,until he gets to Gargan,who will have a nice match with Carnagethen when Carnage wins,he will rest,curbstomp Spider-Man,rest some more and defeat the others with easy "

Given the rules and setting, every character potentially has a means of hurting Carnage.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vrakmul

Gargan venom kills carnage eats his symbiote, kills brock venom, eats his symbiote, and then kills everyone else with his class 170 strength.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dreadnaught said:
" Gargan venom kills carnage eats his symbiote, kills brock venom, eats his symbiote, and then kills everyone else with his class 170 strength. "
No.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dreadnaught said:
" Gargan venom kills carnage eats his symbiote, kills brock venom, eats his symbiote, and then kills everyone else with his class 170 strength. "
Please, tell me you are joking, or something to that effect..
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Carnage makes it to Cyclops.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" Carnage makes it to Cyclops. "
If you believe he could make it up there, don't you think he stands a chance against Scott as well?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
If you believe he could make it up there, don't you think he stands a chance against Scott as well? "
No.Carnage is wearing a symbiote.Heat is it's weakness.Cyclops shoots beams out of his face that produce heat.Cyclops can put a beam on Carnage and hold it until he's just Kletus Kassady.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
If you believe he could make it up there, don't you think he stands a chance against Scott as well? "
No.Carnage is wearing a symbiote.Heat is it's weakness.Cyclops shoots beams out of his face that produce heat.Cyclops can put a beam on Carnage and hold it until he's just Kletus Kassady.
"

They don't produce heat.  It's a concussive force.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Correct. I already knew all this, though. But I think he could make it for the following reasons:
i) he knows he is facing Cyclops 5 minutes before the fight - I assume that Carnage isn't that stupid, going to fight face to face with an enemy that could obliterate him
ii) the setting gives plenty of chances to Carnage to take cover and attack Cyclops from the back (it's not like he would find it immoral), or sucker punch him in general
iii) with their major differences in strength and agility, and since Carnage is out for the kill, one hit is all it would take

This, could or couldn't work - Cyclops is a highly experienced field leader, but he doesn't know who he is up against here. All I' m saying is this: with good strategy, Carnage has a shot. Nothing more.

P.S. I knew I should have checked..Cyclops' beam is a " heatless concussive force" according to Marvel.com...I stand corrected.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" Correct. I already knew all this, though. But I think he could make it for the following reasons:
i) he knows he is facing Cyclops 5 minutes before the fight - I assume that Carnage isn't that stupid, going to fight face to face with an enemy that could obliterate him
ii) the setting gives plenty of chances to Carnage to take cover and attack Cyclops from the back (it's not like he would find it immoral), or sucker punch him in general
iii) with their major differences in strength and agility, and since Carnage is out for the kill, one hit is all it would take

This, could or couldn't work - Cyclops is a highly experienced field leader, but he doesn't know who he is up against here. All I' m saying is this: with good strategy, Carnage has a shot. Nothing more.

P.S. I knew I should have checked..Cyclops' beam is a " heatless concussive force" according to Marvel.com...I stand corrected.
"
1.There is really nothing Carnage can do against Cyclops.
2.What is cover to Cyclops? He's a mountain destroyer.
3.Cyclops can clear the area with pretty much no effort.

Cyclops's beam does produce heat.If it didn't there wouldn't be smoke in the aftermath.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"
They don't produce heat.  It's a concussive force. "
That's not true.

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Correct. I already knew all this, though. But I think he could make it for the following reasons:

"
1.There is really nothing Carnage can do against Cyclops.
2.What is cover to Cyclops? He's a mountain destroyer.
3.Cyclops can clear the area with pretty much no effort.

Cyclops's beam does produce heat.If it didn't there wouldn't be smoke in the aftermath.
"
1) I just gave you a way.
2) I don't think the best strategy would be to begin blasting everything he sees.That would give Carnage the necessary diversion he would need.
3) How fast could he clear 5 blocks?
Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mr.Pie

err...hello! Green Goblin!! Explosives! Heat weakness to Carnage......

Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr.Pie
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"
That's not true.

No Caption Provided

"
what does that prove?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"
That's not true.

No Caption Provided

"
Picture says one thing, Marvel says another. Go figure.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andferne

The only way that Cyclops optic blasts generate heat is through friction.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
Picture says one thing, Marvel says another. Go figure. "
Marvel doesn't say it.The fans wrote his bio on Marvel.com

@Andferne said:
" The only way that Cyclops optic blasts generate heat is through friction. "
Why is there always smoke when he blasts someone? Justice's TK comes out in the form of concussive force and there is never smoke.

@Mr.Pie said:
what does that prove? "
That Cyclops's beams generate heat.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro:  http://marvel.com/universe/Cyclops

To the right, below the word: powers. I doubt fans wrote that. I only think his biography could be edited (the main text). Not his powers and attributes.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro:  http://marvel.com/universe/Cyclops

To the right, below the word: powers. I doubt fans wrote that. I only think his biography could be edited (the main text). Not his powers and attributes.
"
Marvel didn't write that.The only official information from them is in the handbooks.
Like Comicvine,Marvel.com's bios are wiki's.Any member can edit them.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Andferne

Artist interpretation. Visual effect.

Heat or no heat Cyclops can take down Carnage either way.

@Morpheus_ said:

" i) he knows he is facing Cyclops 5 minutes before the fight - I assume that Carnage isn't that stupid, going to fight face to face with an enemy that could obliterate him
iii) with their major differences in strength and agility, and since Carnage is out for the kill, one hit is all it would take"
1) The thing is he is that stupid because more often than not he lets his bloodlust take over and that means he does not think ahead, just acts. Which doing this against someone like Cyclops leaves him open for attacks.
2) Cyclops knows that he is walking into a hostile environment. He is not going to go stalking around looking for trouble out in the open. All he has to do is set up shop somewhere with cover, where there is only one opening to get to him at and wait. Once whoever it is he is facing off against shows their face he has a clear and unexpected shot.
3) Strength does not matter because Cyclops is not going to sit there and do a fist fight against him. As for Carnage Agility it means squat when he has not clue the blast is coming at him. Spider-man has the sense, not Carnage and Venom. On a regular basis Cyclops hits people who are faster and more agile than Carnage. Quicksilver, Northstar, Beast, Nightcrawler, Toad, the list can go on.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" Artist interpretation. Visual effect.

Heat or no heat Cyclops can take down Carnage either way.

@Morpheus_ said:
" i) he knows he is facing Cyclops 5 minutes before the fight - I assume that Carnage isn't that stupid, going to fight face to face with an enemy that could obliterate him
iii) with their major differences in strength and agility, and since Carnage is out for the kill, one hit is all it would take"
1) The thing is he is that stupid because more often than not he lets his bloodlust take over and that means he does not think ahead, just acts. Which doing this against someone like Cyclops leaves him open for attacks.2) Cyclops knows that he is walking into a hostile environment. He is not going to go stalking around looking for trouble out in the open. All he has to do is set up shop somewhere with cover, where there is only one opening to get to him at and wait. Once whoever it is he is facing off against shows their face he has a clear and unexpected shot.3) Strength does not matter because Cyclops is not going to sit there and do a fist fight against him. As for Carnage Agility it means squat when he has not clue the blast is coming at him. Spider-man has the sense, not Carnage and Venom. On a regular basis Cyclops hits people who are faster and more agile than Carnage. Quicksilver, Northstar, Beast, Nightcrawler, Toad, the list can go on. "
Beast and Toad are faster than Carnage? 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I don't have access to the X-Men handbook right now. When I do, I shall repost.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne

Not that they are faster, or more agile than Carnage. (Best more agile yes). But they are more examples of people who great agility and or speed that Cyclops hits.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Andferne said:
" Not that they are faster, or more agile than Carnage. (Best more agile yes). But they are more examples of people who great agility and or speed that Cyclops hits. "
I don't agree with that.Carnage is basically everything Spider-Man is but X4.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" I don't have access to the X-Men handbook right now. When I do, I shall repost.
"
I do and they don't say that his beams don't produce heat but they don't say they do either.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By castleking

i think carnage easily makes it to omega red, cause of his speed, agility and camouflage.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Andferne
@Vance Astro said:
" I don't agree with that.Carnage is basically everything Spider-Man is but X4. "
I strongly disagree with that.

@castleking said:
" i think carnage easily makes it to omega red, cause of his speed, agility and camouflage. "
What Camouflage? He can sneak around, find cover, etc but he has not camo ability.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By castleking

yes he does he has used it in the past to give himself clothes and disguise himself. bisides he has every power the original venom has .