User Lists: 0

CU is about 3 levels above CM.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Which Captain Marvel? On second thought it dosen´t even matter CU is a walking plot device that could propaböy snap a finger and CM vanishes from existence....

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stompa: very true bro/sis

DO you not like CU

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DO you not like CU

It´s Bro. :-) well i don´t like her plot device like powers. I don´t think she fits into a team like the Avengers because there should be limits to their abilities that can only be overcome when they work together....at least that is how i see how a good team book should work.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

@hyperlight said:

DO you not like CU

It´s Bro. :-) well i don´t like her plot device like powers. I don´t think she fits into a team like the Avengers because there should be limits to their abilities that can only be overcome when they work together....at least that is how i see how a good team book should work.

You know she is not the only Captain Universe ever? There has been many before her like Banner, Spidey, and others. All with the Captain Universe power.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Universe ftw

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stompa

@stompa said:

@hyperlight said:

DO you not like CU

You know she is not the only Captain Universe ever? There has been many before her like Banner, Spidey, and others. All with the Captain Universe power.

Yes i know thats why i specified i don´t like the CU that is currently in the Avengers. The Uni Power can be interesting in the right circumstances and especially in space adventures but i don´t like her in a team.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Hyperlight

@stompa: i hear what your saying... she has too much power and potential to be with them.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: i hear what your saying... she has too much power and potential to be with them.

Thanks that is exactly what i wanted to say. :-)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: has her connection to uni-power or the enigma force ever been explored? Coz we have never had a captain universe who pretended he was the entire universe itself (the f&*k happened to Eternity, did he just get replaced?)? Even ExNihilo and Abyss called her the mother universe, no enigma force users have ever done that.

They are typically just well Silver Sufer with stars on them. This version seems drastically different and way more powerful, who surprisingly unlike other enigma force user , who tend to go head on in battle, tries to avoid the battle. Everyone in the Avengers seem to be scared of her powers too, thats never happened before either.

She is either a whole new character, or a enigma force user on massive overdose of steroid (or perhaps marijuana who knows)

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: has her connection to uni-power or the enigma force ever been explored? Coz we have never had a captain universe who pretended he was the entire universe itself (the f&*k happened to Eternity, did he just get replaced?)? Even ExNihilo and Abyss called her the mother universe, no enigma force users have ever done that.

They are typically just well Silver Sufer with stars on them. This version seems drastically different and way more powerful, who surprisingly unlike other enigma force user , who tend to go head on in battle, tries to avoid the battle. Everyone in the Avengers seem to be scared of her powers too, thats never happened before either.

She is either a whole new character, or a enigma force user on massive overdose of steroid (or perhaps marijuana who knows)

Well i guess the whole concept changed with Marvel Now.Yes it´s more like Eternity was stuffed into a human, then the usual herald level CU and that´s what i don´t like about it.....abstact level entity in a planet based superhero team is just OP.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOOHOOO! I Now hate Captain Universe, the Marvel power house stroke fest!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

Well i guess the whole concept changed with Marvel Now.Yes it´s more like Eternity was stuffed into a human, then the usual herald level CU and that´s what i don´t like about it.....abstact level entity in a planet based superhero team is just OP.

Thats the weird part, either give us an outright confirmation that she is indeed that powerful or stop using her as a walking troll/ plot device only whenever Hickman wants.

Although i dont think Captain Universe is ment to be a full time Avengers. Hickman made it clearly that the premise of the story is there is something wrong with the universe, the system is broken thats why the defense of the systems of the universe are all of a sudden coming online. One was Captain Universe, the other was Starbrand and lastly Nightmask which is of course linked to Captain Universe and the white event.

To quote what Avengers 14 AR says "There is something else dangerous wrong with the world. Something has triggered out universes defenses [we see Captain Universe, then Nightmask, then starbrand]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2__9X1O7TU

So she probably isnt going to be a full time avengers, she has barely been on any real time and only shows up to use her plot powers. I am more into either tell us how freakin powerful she is and what she can and cant do, or stop f*&king using her as a walking plot device. Yeah she is so powerful, why wasnt she there is help Avengers against Terminus, High Evolutionary, Origin Bombs. Thats something that bugs the hell out of me.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

Thats the weird part, either give us an outright confirmation that she is indeed that powerful or stop using her as a walking troll/ plot device only whenever Hickman wants.

Although i dont think Captain Universe is ment to be a full time Avengers. Hickman made it clearly that the premise of the story is there is something wrong with the universe, the system is broken thats why the defense of the systems of the universe are all of a sudden coming online. One was Captain Universe, the other was Starbrand and lastly Nightmask which is of course linked to Captain Universe and the white event.

To quote what Avengers 14 AR says "There is something else dangerous wrong with the world. Something has triggered out universes defenses [we see Captain Universe, then Nightmask, then starbrand]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2__9X1O7TU

So she probably isnt going to be a full time avengers, she has barely been on any real time and only shows up to use her plot powers. I am more into either tell us how freakin powerful she is and what she can and cant do, or stop f*&king using her as a walking plot device. Yeah she is so powerful, why wasnt she there is help Avengers against Terminus, High Evolutionary, Origin Bombs. Thats something that bugs the hell out of me.

All signed. Although i would put CU even a step higher then Starbrand and Nightmask because those to seem like global players in term of power while CU has....well as the name suggests universal level power.....and her mind being "displaced" seems like the excuse for her only using her powers when the plot demands it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

Doctor Manhattan...erm, Captain Universe, wins.