#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Captains have Power Armour, Iron Halo, and Bolt Pistols. Gabriel has God Splitter. Titus has Jetpack, Storm Bolter, and Chainsword.

vs

Master Chief, Arbiter, and the Halo Reach Team. Armed as shown.

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

For you guys :)

#3 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

O man this is ganna be epic :) will comment later as a ice cold beer is waiting for me Lol

#4 Posted by _The_Ant_ (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo doesn't have the biggatons to compete with 40k, period.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16099 posts) - - Show Bio

If Gabriel didn't have Godsplitter and the Marine's didn't have Iron Halo's they may have been in trouble. However I'll go with them. Halo weapons aren't that far off modern firearms (apart from the ones used by the Covenent) and there's no way modern firearms would get past an Iron Halo. Power armor would be hard enough an yet might be possible if hit the weaker areas but with an Iron Halo? Nah I don't see the Halo team getting past that.

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

If Gabriel didn't have Godsplitter and the Marine's didn't have Iron Halo's they may have been in trouble. However I'll go with them. Halo weapons aren't that far off modern firearms (apart from the ones used by the Covenent) and there's no way modern firearms would get past an Iron Halo. Power armor would be hard enough an yet might be possible if hit the weaker areas but with an Iron Halo? Nah I don't see the Halo team getting past that.

Dont the Halo team have the numbers here?(if it counts)..

I might have read this wrong but isnt this about 40 v 2?

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

WAH!? How big is the Halo Reach Team then?

#9 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Chaos Prime said:

WAH!? How big is the Halo Reach Team then?

no too sure but i thought a Halo team was quiet large to cover all angles in battle ie-Recon etc etc..

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: @Strider92: No no I meant as Pictured lol.

#11 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Chaos Prime: @Strider92: No no I meant as Pictured lol.

if thats the case i dont give the Halo team much of a chance here.

Even if they could get close enough to use their mele weapons(Arbiter) the most deadly strike would come from the duo..

Imo Titus takes out the Halo reach team & Gabriel makes short work of MC & Arbiter..

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: @Strider92: I will argue this. :)

again I will argue against the Space Marines Via halo.

Correct me if Im wrong.

The Halo Team has a very good chance here. I do believe MC is a 2 toner and the rest are Toners. We know Space Marines are roughly 4-5 toners.

Now As seen I have severely downgraded the weapons. Chain Sword would not at all one shot any shields or armour on the Halo Team. Godsplitter is the biggest threat. However I do believe Master Chief has insane Reflex Speed enough to dodge the GodSplitter hits. Also the Iron Halo is not unstoppable. It has a Battery life and more sources show it can be shorted out overtime even with Assault Rifle Fire. In the Games (DoW, DoW2, and Space Marine) the Iron Halo can take just about any shot (like a Thunder Hammer or Orbital Blast) and Burn out or take mutiple little shots (Las Gun fire and Shuriken Catapults) by a 100 or so hits and again Short Out. Point is it can protect always from a major hit of any size (tho not a long lasting major hit) but can still be burn out by multiple small shots. It also take a considerable time to recharge. 10-20 seconds.

So with all this said they can be whittle down with the iron Halo. Considering the Weapons the Halo Team is packing and the fact Halo Reach Team work at range all the time they could whittle those shields down easy.

Also take into fact that the Power Armour itself is not immune to the lucky shot or withhold never ending punishment when shots do break thru. The Armpits, Joints (Behind Knees, Armpits, Elbow, Gauntlets, Neck, Mid Waist Torso Area, and Head) are all expose weak points that Chaos Marines use to easy kill Space Marines.

As for the range attacks of the Astartes they have Bolters only. Powerful yes but no more than to whittle the Shields in 2 shots and Im sure MC as well the Spartan 2 Armour can take 2-3 shots before breaking.

So I think this fight is more than fair with the numbers.

#13 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the Halo guys even hurt these two?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16099 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Yes... very much so as I posted above :)

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Noooooo! Chaos is STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by Strider92 (16099 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

#17 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

It seems like this is way too much of an uphill battle for the Halo team tbh. A single shot from a space marine will kill anyone on the Halo team, while the Halo team is going to have to spend the majority of their ammo just to get the Space Marines to a point where they can actually damage them.

I go with the 40k team 10/10

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nope. A 40k lasgun has something on the order of 20,000 times more energy than a Covenant plasma rifle per shot (100 megajoules vs 5 kilojoules.) That should logically allow the 40kers to shrug off anything Halo can throw at them and one shot the spartans at their leisure.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

It seems like this is way too much of an uphill battle for the Halo team tbh. A single shot from a space marine will kill anyone on the Halo team, while the Halo team is going to have to spend the majority of their ammo just to get the Space Marines to a point where they can actually damage them.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Again the only One shotting weapon here is the Godsplitter which in itself a Much Slower Weapon than the Chain Sword.

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nope. A 40k lasgun has something on the order of 20,000 times more energy than a Covenant plasma rifle per shot (100 megajoules vs 5 kilojoules.) That should logically allow the 40kers to shrug off anything Halo can throw at them and one shot the spartans at their leisure.

Yet Space Marines have been killed by Wooden Spears in the Neck and Ork Cleavers swung by 1 toners >_>. Add to that Shuriken catapults and Dark Eldar Splinter Rifles which are no more powerful than a 7.56 round or .50 cal handgun.

They can be harmed with enough mass firepower.

#20 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Again the only One shotting weapon here is the Godsplitter which in itself a Much Slower Weapon than the Chain Sword.

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yet Space Marines have been killed by Wooden Spears in the Neck and Ork Cleavers swung by 1 toners >_>. Add to that Shuriken catapults and Dark Eldar Splinter Rifles which are no more powerful than a 7.56 round or .50 cal handgun.

1. Chaos ampings and plot convenience. 2. If enough orks believe their cleavers will go through space marine armor, it will. Orks as a species are mid-level reality warpers. You should know this.

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

1. Chaos ampings and plot convenience. 2. If enough orks believe their cleavers will go through space marine armor, it will. Orks as a species are mid-level reality warpers. You should know this.

Negative and Negative.

Many examples of simple Humans who no nothing of the Warp have done this and your claim on Warp Ampings is misleading as Chaos only amps Champions with gifts.

Orks are not Mid Reality Warpers. There Guns seem to function that way in Ork 3rd Edition Dex but since change in 5th Dex. Back in the day orks had Females and Fantasy like Casts. They had SEX in Rogue Trader and 2nd Edition. All Retcon now....

You should know this!

#22 Posted by Strider92 (16099 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Remember to give context!!! The wooden stake was a Space Marine who was outnumbered by a vast amount and the mutant got a lucky shot and i'm pretty sure Orks are 2-3tonners.

In-game Eldar weapons may not be strong but in lore they are far stronger than any .50cal handgun they fire charged monomolecular discs capable of slicing through plasteel. Splinter Rifles are basically the same thing both of which are well above a .50cal handgun.

#23 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

1. Sorcery. 2. The Waaagh! Field is still in effect. Unlike female orks, the Waaagh! Field still is canon. Da red wunz still indeed go faster for example. It's even an actual rule.

#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Remember to give context!!! The wooden stake was a Space Marine who was outnumbered by a vast amount and the mutant got a lucky shot and i'm pretty sure Orks are 2-3tonners.

In-game Eldar weapons may not be strong but in lore they are far stronger than any .50cal handgun they fire charged monomolecular discs capable of slicing through plasteel. Splinter Rifles are basically the same thing both of which are well above a .50cal handgun.

No way are Orks 2-3 toners unless they are Uber tough Nobs.

In Colonel Schaffers Last Chancers Orks (Da Boys) are physicly overpowered by Strong Humans!!! Same said Boys have killed Marines.

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@CadenceV2:

1. Sorcery. 2. The Waaagh! Field is still in effect. Unlike female orks, the Waaagh! Field still is canon. Da red wunz still indeed go faster for example. It's even an actual rule.

Yes the Waaagh is a general Psychic Aura that requires more than 10 Orks to take effect. This Psy Arua allows Orks to be stronger too. Yet when I see 8 Orks kill 2 Marines in Novels that leaves much to question.

Socery is a negative again. In the Horus Heresy Novels we have Races of Humans killing Space Marine like the Lumintex and and Stratix. All non Chaos and the Stratix despised Chaos.

Also Eldar Striking Scorpions with Chainswords. Nuff said. They have the strength of a strong human and kill Marines...... read Path of the Warrior.

Also read any book with dark Eldar Wyches who are Human Strength with Razor Blade killing Space Marines.

So again Space Marines can be killed.

#25 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

I'm talking about the Ork Race as a whole. The Ork species generally thinks their crappy steel cleavers are capable of far more than what crappy steel cleavers should be capable of. Thus, they do indeed preform feats that should be ou tof the scope of crappy steel cleavers.

#26 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@CadenceV2:

I'm talking about the Ork Race as a whole. The Ork species generally thinks their crappy steel cleavers are capable of far more than what crappy steel cleavers should be capable of. Thus, they do indeed preform feats that should be ou tof the scope of crappy steel cleavers.

Yet same said crappy meat Cleavers fail to cut thru Grade Steel Swords of Imperial Officers..... now what....