#1 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Titus (Power Armour, Iron Halo, Chain Sword, Combat Blade, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack)

VS

Wolverine (Adamantium) and Daken (Muramasa Claws)

Random Encounter

Morals On

Start 150 feet apart

Fight in the warehouse pictured here:

#2 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Look okay?

#3 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Looks Good. Lets Rumble!!!

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire

First a little Official video of GW on a Space Marine

Space Marines are Super Soilders recruited from various worlds best at (and has to be at) young ages. They are implanted with 18 Unique Organs that make them Super Human in many ways. They are then trained everyday in real War from Scout, to Space Marine, to Sergeant, to Brother Captian, and finaly one Marine in a Chapter of 1000 becomes Chapter Master and rules his own Empire.

Ultramarines are on of the most prestiges and grandest Chapters and one of the Orginal 18 Legions.

Captain Titus comes from this Chapter. He is Second Captain, the third highest position of leadership in a Chapter and leads his own Company (100 Marines) for Marneus Calgar. During the Game Space Marine Titus with only his most trusted Sqaud Leader and a Freshly raised Space Marine at his side take on a whole Ork WAAAGH on a Forge World.

3 Marines against millions of Orks. He then discovers a Chaos Marine threat when a very powerful Chaos Lord brings in Chaos Daemon and Traitor Army onto the world. Titus with the help of his 2 Marines and a shattered Imperial Guard Regiment defeat the threats save the Forge World.

Space Marine Facts. From Left to Right. Power Armour. Brother Captain. SM Organs and their Functions.

Alright now the basics are out of the way heres a break down of Gear.

Pistol version of the Boltgun simply has no Auto Fire and 12 rounds. It fire mini two stage explosive projectiles.

Iron Halo give Titus with his Power Armour a Huge boost in durability before the Energy Shields drops. Uasually recharge withing 10-20 seconds.

Finally the Chain Sword (as sen above) is Master Crafted and made with adamantium like most Master Crafted weapons. Yes 40K has its version of Adamantium witch can be Broken (as anything in 40K can be broken with these weapons and power sets) but still the most durable produce Metal.

Also he has his Jump Pack for added maneuverability.

In addition to this Titus is over 300 years old and has as result over 300 years of Combat Experiance and lived in constant warfare against the worst Super Beings a Galaxy ca offer.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be interesting. Spehess Marhreens!!!

#6 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be fun, heating up the popcorn now :)

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright Ill start it off.

Space Marines can taste air like Wolverine and Daken can smell. So no surprise drops on anyone here. Next step is Pheramones. This shouldnt work as the 2 Organs in the Scans Above can taste any irregularies (like Pheramones) in the air and the other Organ filters any irregular substance from the Blood Stream. On top of that the Third Lung allows a Marine to hold his breath for a hour or more.

So No Surprise attacks and no Pheramones to worry about.

This becomes a battle of Skill and Durability.

Space Marines (like Brother Captains and higher) are super fast as well. Reaction Speed and Movement.

Before the Trigger can be pulled he moves and reacts.

Space Marines are very fast. Faster than Humans at peak levels.

So speed can keep up with Daken or Wolvie.

Also in the video above shows the Chain Sword at play. Its the next most train with weapon next to the Combat Knife (a 3 foot Titanium Blade) and Master Crafted means it wont break easily.

Next is this Film. It shows the Speed of a Bolter Shell. Also at the end is a Brother Captain of the Ultramrines showing the VAST skill difference between Normal Marine and Brother Captain.

So Strategy is pretty much Using my Strength and Durability to outlast your guys and slow them down enough for the KO.

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Your move :)

#9 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

My strategy will be for Wolverine and Daken to immediately split up and go stealthy. They'll attempt to sneak-attack Titus for an early advantage.

Space Marines can taste air like Wolverine and Daken can smell. So no surprise drops on anyone here.

Aha, that's where you're wrong. Although he can taste for scent, Daken has no scent. He's been able to sneak up on Wolverine, Spider-Man, and even get undected through Reed Richard's security system.

Daken is easily stealthy enough to get the drop on Titus, especially if he's distracted chasing Wolverine, the one he can sense. With Wolvie's speed and stealth abilities, he won't be easy to catch, and Titus will have to put a lot of effort into finding him. This should allow Daken to attack undetected.

Next step is Pheramones. This shouldnt work as the 2 Organs in the Scans Above can taste any irregularies (like Pheramones) in the air and the other Organ filters any irregular substance from the Blood Stream. On top of that the Third Lung allows a Marine to hold his breath for a hour or more.

Daken's pheromones have gone undetected by Iron Patriot's scanners, Sentry's enhanced senses, and Wolverine's enhanced senses. There's no guarantee the organs will detect the pheromones at all. And even if he does, the third lung can still be punctured like so:

This shows some of the capabilities of the Muramasa claws. If they can cut through Iron Patriot armor, they can cut through Power Armor. The M-Claws also negate healing factors, so Titus won't be sealing that up very quickly.

This becomes a battle of Skill and Durability. Space Marines (like Brother Captains and higher) are super fast as well. Reaction Speed and Movement. Before the Trigger can be pulled he moves and reacts. Space Marines are very fast. Faster than Humans at peak levels. So speed can keep up with Daken or Wolvie. Also in the video above shows the Chain Sword at play. Its the next most train with weapon next to the Combat Knife (a 3 foot Titanium Blade) and Master Crafted means it wont break easily. Next is this Film. It shows the Speed of a Bolter Shell. Also at the end is a Brother Captain of the Ultramrines showing the VAST skill difference between Normal Marine and Brother Captain. So Strategy is pretty much Using my Strength and Durability to outlast your guys and slow them down enough for the KO.

When it gets to skill, Wolverine has over a century of combat experience and Daken is pushing 50 years of training. Both are highly skilled and can go tow-to-toe with Titus in that regard. Daken and Wolverine are both bullet-timers. Wolverine has even caught a bullet. Wolverine has superhuman travel speed and reflexes, and Spider-Man said he was "as fast as his dad." They've both tangled with Spidey effectively, so speed isn't an issue. Can a chain sword cut through Marvel Adamantium? If not, they can block it. Both Daken and Wolverine have very potent healing factors, so outlasting them isn't going to happen. Wolverine fought Omega Red for 20 hours straight, once. Stamina isn't an issue. And they can heal from any damage Titus does, while the Muramasa Claws will do lasting damage to Titus. Also, since his armor doesn't heal, it'll get more and more worn down by their claws, so really, outlasting is more likely for my team than for yours.

#10 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:

Aha, that's where you're wrong. Although he can taste for scent, Daken has no scent. He's been able to sneak up on Wolverine, Spider-Man, and even get undected through Reed Richard's security system.

Daken is easily stealthy enough to get the drop on Titus, especially if he's distracted chasing Wolverine, the one he can sense. With Wolvie's speed and stealth abilities, he won't be easy to catch, and Titus will have to put a lot of effort into finding him. This should allow Daken to attack undetected.

Hmmm toushee. I never knew that.

Anyway titus chaisng Wolvie gives Titus a chance to simply Jet Pack to him really quick. I also can Knock Back Wolvie with the Jet Pack as it was design too for Assault Marines.

Daken's pheromones have gone undetected by Iron Patriot's scanners, Sentry's enhanced senses, and Wolverine's enhanced senses. There's no guarantee the organs will detect the pheromones at all. And even if he does, the third lung can still be punctured like so:

This shows some of the capabilities of the Muramasa claws. If they can cut through Iron Patriot armor, they can cut through Power Armor. The M-Claws also negate healing factors, so Titus won't be sealing that up very quickly.

Problem is the Third Lung is not standard Anatomy that Daken will know. Titus also has 2 hearts and another Organ design to filter any and all foreign substance. The Pheramones is hard to count on when SMs are mostly immune to Poisins, Toxins, Drugs, ect.... They are design to be. So I wouldnt count on Pheramones at all.

As for the Claw Penetrating his {ower Armour and Iron Halo.... I want to show this first.... Sip to 2:00 (Unless ya want to see Titus beat down a Superior Daemon prince with his Hands!)

As seen here Titus survives a Explosian and Free fall of a several Miles back to earth. The Iron Halo with Power armour and toughness of a Space Marine. I dont think it will be that easy to pierce Iron Halo and Power armour in one shot.

When it gets to skill, Wolverine has over a century of combat experience and Daken is pushing 50 years of training. Both are highly skilled and can go tow-to-toe with Titus in that regard. Daken and Wolverine are both bullet-timers. Wolverine has even caught a bullet. Wolverine has superhuman travel speed and reflexes, and Spider-Man said he was "as fast as his dad." They've both tangled with Spidey effectively, so speed isn't an issue. Can a chain sword cut through Marvel Adamantium? If not, they can block it. Both Daken and Wolverine have very potent healing factors, so outlasting them isn't going to happen. Wolverine fought Omega Red for 20 hours straight, once. Stamina isn't an issue. And they can heal from any damage Titus does, while the Muramasa Claws will do lasting damage to Titus. Also, since his armor doesn't heal, it'll get more and more worn down by their claws, so really, outlasting is more likely for my team than for yours.

The Sword should not Cut adamantium like a Power Weapon. (It be unfair otherwise :P) but it wont break easy as its Adamantium (40K Verse) and Titus also has his Bolt Pistol. A Mini Rocket Launcher.

As for Speed Space Marines Match Eldar who can be as fast as Spidey. Examples of Space Marine Speed and Reaction are thus.

Space Marine reacts as the Trigger is pulled.

Also a Space Marine Organs allow them to fight with no Sleep, Food, or Water for Weeks on end. They have to push themselves for days to tire out. Also they have Larman cells Organ which gives them a Healing Factor as well. In the Space Marine Game Titus non stop battle for over 24 hours killing Orks and Daemons. He can last. Also Power Armourdoes repair itself to a degree. It cant restor outer armour but the inner Workings do repair itself for maximum use. Ontop of this titus have a Iron Halo that recharges after 20 seconds so any time it goes down Titus can easily Jump pack away and wait for a Recharge.

The fact he is a Tactical Genius and Master of Combat will prove his ability to assess when to hit and run. A good jump and Slam will easily give him breathing space.

#11 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Anyway titus chaisng Wolvie gives Titus a chance to simply Jet Pack to him really quick. I also can Knock Back Wolvie with the Jet Pack as it was design too for Assault Marines.

Wolverine has superhuman speed, agility, and reaction times. Straight blitzing won't be easy. And what's to stop him popping his claws and letting Titus's own momentum impale him?

Problem is the Third Lung is not standard Anatomy that Daken will know. Titus also has 2 hearts and another Organ design to filter any and all foreign substance. The Pheramones is hard to count on when SMs are mostly immune to Poisins, Toxins, Drugs, ect.... They are design to be. So I wouldnt count on Pheramones at all. As for the Claw Penetrating his power Armour and Iron Halo... As seen here Titus survives a Explosian and Free fall of a several Miles back to earth. The Iron Halo with Power armour and toughness of a Space Marine. I dont think it will be that easy to pierce Iron Halo and Power armour in one shot.

But isn't the third lung position below and in between the other two lungs? So a center-mass stab could certainly puncture it. I'm willing to allow that he'll detect the pheromones and hold his breath, but if he has to breath I think the pheromones will still affect him.

Those are some good durability feats, but it's just pure blunt force. The M-Claws are for stabbing. They can cut through every material they've been put against, including the supposedly indestructible Marvel Adamantium. Here, Wolverine cuts off Sabretooths arm, (Which he can't reattach since the Muramasa blade stops his HF), and decapitates Sabretooth despite Creed's adamantium skeleton.

The Sword should not Cut adamantium like a Power Weapon. (It be unfair otherwise :P) but it wont break easy as its Adamantium (40K Verse) and Titus also has his Bolt Pistol. A Mini Rocket Launcher. As for Speed Space Marines Match Eldar who can be as fast as Spidey. Examples of Space Marine Speed and Reaction are thus. Space Marine reacts as the Trigger is pulled.

In that case, Wolvie can go toe-to-toe in melee combat, with his skill and claws. His adamantium skeleton will also stop the Chain Sword from doing any damage he can't heal from. Wolverine and Daken are both bullet-dodgers many times over, so the Bolt Pistol shouldn't be an issue. They've also both kept up with Spider-Man, so Spidey-speed isn't a problem.

Also a Space Marine Organs allow them to fight with no Sleep, Food, or Water for Weeks on end. They have to push themselves for days to tire out. Also they have Larman cells Organ which gives them a Healing Factor as well. In the Space Marine Game Titus non stop battle for over 24 hours killing Orks and Daemons. He can last. Also Power Armour does repair itself to a degree. It cant restor outer armour but the inner Workings do repair itself for maximum use. Ontop of this titus have a Iron Halo that recharges after 20 seconds so any time it goes down Titus can easily Jump pack away and wait for a Recharge. The fact he is a Tactical Genius and Master of Combat will prove his ability to assess when to hit and run. A good jump and Slam will easily give him breathing space.

None of these fighters will tire in a reasonable amount of time. I think the difference-maker here is the M-Claws. Wolvie and Daken can dodge the Bolt Pistol all day, and the Chain Sword can be healed from without too much trouble. The problem is, even though Wolverine should be able to cut Power Armor, Titus can heal from him, too. So I see the M-Claws as the difference makers here. They're the only things that can put anyone down. So Titus will get worn down, while Daken and Wolverine won't.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Same reason why Assault Marines dont get impaled by the thousands of eneimies with Pointy Close Combat Weapons. Im not Tackling Wolvie. Landing in his area and having Bullet Time Reflexes mean Titus can avoid any simple thrust attack with his weapons and still slam the area hard enough for the mini shock wave.

But isn't the third lung position below and in between the other two lungs? So a center-mass stab could certainly puncture it. I'm willing to allow that he'll detect the pheromones and hold his breath, but if he has to breath I think the pheromones will still affect him.

Those are some good durability feats, but it's just pure blunt force. The M-Claws are for stabbing. They can cut through every material they've been put against, including the supposedly indestructible Marvel Adamantium. Here, Wolverine cuts off Sabretooths arm, (Which he can't reattach since the Muramasa blade stops his HF), and decapitates Sabretooth despite Creed's adamantium skeleton.

Hmmmm... odly makes sense to me. I suppose that be true. Again tho this is IF the 2 Organs design to filter and identify any foreign substance in the body fail. I dont think Pheramones is enough here. Also I belive Pheramones will have no effect due to the Psycho indoctrination all Marines are uccustome to. I seen Kharn and other Marines break out of any enthraling of Daemons that enslave Planets to their will.

Stabbing, Blunt, Slash, or Energy Blast all have to work thru the Iron Halo which it is for. I can see the M-Claws penetrating the Power Armour. However that Iron Halo better had failed first. Again a jump Back and 20 second recharge can answere this and with my Jump Pack I can cover distance as well Air Time.

In that case, Wolvie can go toe-to-toe in melee combat, with his skill and claws. His adamantium skeleton will also stop the Chain Sword from doing any damage he can't heal from. Wolverine and Daken are both bullet-dodgers many times over, so the Bolt Pistol shouldn't be an issue. They've also both kept up with Spider-Man, so Spidey-speed isn't a problem.

The chain Sword is not there for Cutting thru Wolvie. Nor is the Bolt Pistol there to hit them and kill them. They both are there to Parrie Attacks and cause Damage to slow them down for what I am counting on.

Daken will be first Priority. He doesnt have a Adamantium Skeleton. The Chain Sword can cut him to many pieces and the Bolt Pistol can blow him in half like any human torso it hits.

Wolverine can and has been KO. Titus is a 5 Tonner weilding a Heavy Adamantium Chain Sword as well Mini Bullet Rocket Launcher. Any Head shots can KO here over time.

said:

None of these fighters will tire in a reasonable amount of time. I think the difference-maker here is the M-Claws. Wolvie and Daken can dodge the Bolt Pistol all day, and the Chain Sword can be healed from without too much trouble. The problem is, even though Wolverine should be able to cut Power Armor, Titus can heal from him, too. So I see the M-Claws as the difference makers here. They're the only things that can put anyone down. So Titus will get worn down, while Daken and Wolverine won't.

The M-claws are your best offense and Wolvie is your toughest to go down. Titus has over 300+ Years of battling superior foes and mutiple Close Combat enemies with Super Human abilities as well. He is no stranger nor outclass here by either Daken or Wolvie one on one. Both would put his Title as Brother Captain to the test but I belive this guy can take it.

Kinda like how he brought down a Whole Ork Cruiser from Low Orbit down.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Just so you have the quick link :)

#14 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Same reason why Assault Marines dont get impaled by the thousands of eneimies with Pointy Close Combat Weapons. Im not Tackling Wolvie. Landing in his area and having Bullet Time Reflexes mean Titus can avoid any simple thrust attack with his weapons and still slam the area hard enough for the mini shock wave.

Oh, okay. My mistake. I though he was physically smashing himself into Wolverine. I would still argue that Logan could use his own speed to charge him while he's flying, letting their combined momentum punch the claws through his armor. Wolverine is skilled enough to spar effectively with Iron Fist, so coupled with his sense of tactics, he should easily figure out ways to use Titus' momentum against him.

Hmmmm... odly makes sense to me. I suppose that be true. Again tho this is IF the 2 Organs design to filter and identify any foreign substance in the body fail. I dont think Pheramones is enough here. Also I belive Pheramones will have no effect due to the Psycho indoctrination all Marines are uccustome to. I seen Kharn and other Marines break out of any enthraling of Daemons that enslave Planets to their will.

With all of the conditioning and immunities, they can probably resist the pheromones pretty well. But I don't need the pheromones to win, anyway. Daken doesn't need them to be stealthy of for his disappearing trick, so he'll be fine without them.

Stabbing, Blunt, Slash, or Energy Blast all have to work thru the Iron Halo which it is for. I can see the M-Claws penetrating the Power Armour. However that Iron Halo better had failed first. Again a jump Back and 20 second recharge can answere this and with my Jump Pack I can cover distance as well Air Time.

Does the Iron Halo completely surround the user? And either way, the Muramasa Blade can disrupt energy attacks, as shown against Cyclops in Wolverine: Origins. Coupled with the fact that the Halo shuts down, and Daken and Wolverine can both get some tags in. Daken will always attack from behind, using stealth and his disappearing trick to avoid Titus' weaponry and line of sight.

Against Deadpool, he shows his penchant for disarming, so he'll make it a priority to destroy or disarm the Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, and Jetpack. If he's attacking from behind, he'll get some unobstructed strikes at the Jump Pack, and if that gets disabled then Titus will have to be exposed for the entire time his Halo is recharging.

The chain Sword is not there for Cutting thru Wolvie. Nor is the Bolt Pistol there to hit them and kill them. They both are there to Parrie Attacks and cause Damage to slow them down for what I am counting on. Daken will be first Priority. He doesnt have a Adamantium Skeleton. The Chain Sword can cut him to many pieces and the Bolt Pistol can blow him in half like any human torso it hits.

As seen above, Daken is too smart and skilled to get tagged so easily. He'll spend most of the battle behind Titus, striking from concealment and making sure he doesn't get hit. He's fast enough to disappear before Deadpool can shoot him, and even if Titus does get a shot of, Daken's a bullet dodger.

Wolverine can and has been KO. Titus is a 5 Tonner weilding a Heavy Adamantium Chain Sword as well Mini Bullet Rocket Launcher. Any Head shots can KO here over time.

Spider-Man has tried and failed to KO Wolverine, even once he had him pinned, and even World War Hulk couldn't KO Wolverine. He was strong enough to --eventually-- rattle his brain around enough to daze him, but Logan's adamantium skull makes him nearly impossible to knock out.

The M-claws are your best offense and Wolvie is your toughest to go down. Titus has over 300+ Years of battling superior foes and mutiple Close Combat enemies with Super Human abilities as well. He is no stranger nor outclass here by either Daken or Wolvie one on one. Both would put his Title as Brother Captain to the test but I belive this guy can take it.

Titus really has no way to KO Wolverine, since he can dodge the bolt pistol and tank the chain sword. Daken will spend the whole battle out of the way of Titus's weaponry, wearing down at the jump pack and power armor. He's shown the speed and skill to stay away from opponents as fast as Spider-Man, as strong as Skaar, and as skilled as Wolverine. And even if he does get tagged, Wolverine can cover him to let his own powerful healing factor fix him up again.

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire:

Oh, okay. My mistake. I though he was physically smashing himself into Wolverine. I would still argue that Logan could use his own speed to charge him while he's flying, letting their combined momentum punch the claws through his armor. Wolverine is skilled enough to spar effectively with Iron Fist, so coupled with his sense of tactics, he should easily figure out ways to use Titus' momentum against him.

He could very well be effective use of the Momentum. However As I shown Titus Reaction Time is Mach 2 easy and can change course with a Thrust if need be or drop short. He can also Spar with his Chainsword or shoot a Bolter Shell if need be. aslo if the Jetpack gets destroyed SMs are still able to cover huge distance.

“‘Disperse!’ bellowed Astelan, sprinting to his right. His power armour took him across the ground in huge leaps, covering half a dozen metres with every pace.”

Tales Of Heresy p.438

I should Easily outpace the 2 in Leaps and bounds.

With all of the conditioning and immunities, they can probably resist the pheromones pretty well. But I don't need the pheromones to win, anyway. Daken doesn't need them to be stealthy of for his disappearing trick, so he'll be fine without them.

The Dispering Trick which basicly he describes to Deadpool is moving where your opponet will never expect and with Wolvie there it would be hard to track him. My only defense for this is my Insane Durability and Various Armour.

Does the Iron Halo completely surround the user? And either way, the Muramasa Blade can disrupt energy attacks, as shown against Cyclops in Wolverine: Origins. Coupled with the fact that the Halo shuts down, and Daken and Wolverine can both get some tags in. Daken will always attack from behind, using stealth and his disappearing trick to avoid Titus' weaponry and line of sight.

Against Deadpool, he shows his penchant for disarming, so he'll make it a priority to destroy or disarm the Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, and Jetpack. If he's attacking from behind, he'll get some unobstructed strikes at the Jump Pack, and if that gets disabled then Titus will have to be exposed for the entire time his Halo is recharging.

The Iron Halo Flows around the Suit, Jetpack, Head like a Second Skin. Its shows as a Bubblefield when Active you see the bubble where Energy is active.

I think Titus Momentum and 5 TonStrength as well Skill in fighting mutiple opponets on a battlefield will help here. Also having the only rage Attack that can blow Human Torso's Apart is a huge boon to temporarly incapacitate Daken or Wolvie.

Originally Posted by First and Only, Page 95

His ancient, ornate boltgun spat death into the Tanith ranks. Seargent Grell was vaporised by one of the first hits, two of his fire-team a moment later.

So that a advantage here should this Expert Marksman hit his mark.

Also without his Bolt Pistol or Possibly Chain Sword Titus still has 5 Ton strength and 3 foot Combat Blade that can as easily kill like so.

“One of the Isstvanian soldiers ran at him, shrieking and aflame, and pulled Temeter into an embrace. The captain let the flamer drop from his grip and ripped the man in two, tearing him apart effortlessly. He beat out the flames and grimaced as the rest of his troop waded in and finished the task.”

The Flight of the Eisenstein p.250

So even if Titus grabs a hold of Daken he can effortlessly rip him in half for the KO.

As seen above, Daken is too smart and skilled to get tagged so easily. He'll spend most of the battle behind Titus, striking from concealment and making sure he doesn't get hit. He's fast enough to disappear before Deadpool can shoot him, and even if Titus does get a shot of, Daken's a bullet dodger.

I think Captain Titus Reaction Speed and ability to jump in and out of Combat is Impressive enough to get a tag in every few tries.

“He pulled the haft-trigger, and his spear’s underslung bolter cracked off a stream of rounds on full-auto. Argel Tal saw it coming. The swords of red iron smashed the first three bolts aside."

The First Heretic p.383

“Gabriel squeezed a couple of shells out of his bolter and watched the little contrails that poured out behind them, as though in slow motion. They spun through the thick, gaseous air and then slipped through a gap in the lava flow, punching into the kaleidoscope of reflections beyond.”

Dawn of War Omnibus p.258

As seen in numerous Examples Space Marines are Uber Fast in Combat Speed and Reaction Time. As Daken said his ability is simply Skill rather than a Power or Super Speed.

Spider-Man has tried and failed to KO Wolverine, even once he had him pinned, and even World War Hulk couldn't KO Wolverine. He was strong enough to --eventually-- rattle his brain around enough to daze him, but Logan's adamantium skull makes him nearly impossible to knock out.

I say his ability to be Ko depends at times. Like his High showings there are impressive. Other times he been put down by Spider Woman and his Healing Factor Tax so bad he needed to rest.

SW messing logan up till he needed time to recoop. Im confident once Daken is taken out Titus can take out Wolvie Enough for a KO.

Titus really has no way to KO Wolverine, since he can dodge the bolt pistol and tank the chain sword. Daken will spend the whole battle out of the way of Titus's weaponry, wearing down at the jump pack and power armor. He's shown the speed and skill to stay away from opponents as fast as Spider-Man, as strong as Skaar, and as skilled as Wolverine. And even if he does get tagged, Wolverine can cover him to let his own powerful healing factor fix him up again.

Again it will take alot to wear Titus down. Added to that is the Skill and common battling of Mutiple combatants in CC and Expert Marksmanship with all types of Imperial Weapons. He wont be outclass at all in skill. His strength is also more than enough to end Daken with Bolter, Chainsword, or Bare Fist. Finaly the Power Armour and Iron Halo combine with my Ground Speed and Jump Pack mean Titus can battle in and out of combat constantly. Added to that Healing Factor will last this whole match.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

He could very well be effective use of the Momentum. However As I shown Titus Reaction Time is Mach 2 easy and can change course with a Thrust if need be or drop short. He can also Spar with his Chainsword or shoot a Bolter Shell if need be. aslo if the Jetpack gets destroyed SMs are still able to cover huge distance. “‘Disperse!’ bellowed Astelan, sprinting to his right. His power armour took him across the ground in huge leaps, covering half a dozen metres with every pace.” I should Easily outpace the 2 in Leaps and bounds.

It sounds like Titus could make a pretty good account of himself against Wolverine. The fight would be a long one, since they both have the durability and agility to dodge and tank whatever their opponents can throw at them. Titus can escape by leaping and Jump Pack, and Wolverine can disappear in front of trained soldiers. Even with Titus' sense of smell, he can buy himself a couple seconds of respite. This would be a long fight, but Titus would probably take it. However, Daken will be the deciding factor. Eventually, he'll wear down Titus since the M-Claws stop his HF.

The Disappearing Trick which basicly he describes to Deadpool is moving where your opponet will never expect and with Wolvie there it would be hard to track him. My only defense for this is my Insane Durability and Various Armour.

"I am simply always where my enemy isn't looking." Sounds simple enough, but it's rather devastating. Every time Titus tries to attack him, he'll be where Titus isn't looking. This should let him disarm and hobble Titus, just like he did to Deadpool. Durability is all well and good, but the Muramasa Claws can cut through Power Armor, and energy isn't a problem, since they can disperse Cyclops' beams.

The Iron Halo Flows around the Suit, Jetpack, Head like a Second Skin. Its shows as a Bubblefield when Active you see the bubble where Energy is active.

I think the M-Claws should be able to penetrate this at least some of the time, because of the Cyclops point and because the Muramasa has gone through everything else it's been pitted against.

I think Titus Momentum and 5 TonStrength as well Skill in fighting mutiple opponets on a battlefield will help here. Also having the only rage Attack that can blow Human Torso's Apart is a huge boon to temporarly incapacitate Daken or Wolvie.

But against two opponents who dodge bullets all the time, and seeing how Daken like to disarm his enemies, I don't think the Bolt Pistol will do a lot of damage.

Also without his Bolt Pistol or Possibly Chain Sword Titus still has 5 Ton strength and can as easily kill like so. “One of the Isstvanian soldiers ran at him, shrieking and aflame, and pulled Temeter into an embrace. The captain let the flamer drop from his grip and ripped the man in two, tearing him apart effortlessly. He beat out the flames and grimaced as the rest of his troop waded in and finished the task.” So even if Titus grabs a hold of Daken he can effortlessly rip him in half for the KO. I think Captain Titus Reaction Speed and ability to jump in and out of Combat is Impressive enough to get a tag in every few tries. As seen in numerous Examples Space Marines are Uber Fast in Combat Speed and Reaction Time. As Daken said his ability is simply Skill rather than a Power or Super Speed.

I think you're underestimating Daken's stealth abilities, and the speed of his disappearing trick. As soon as Titus leaps away, Daken will be gone and undetectable. He's able to sneak undetected out of an elevator to get behind Frankencastle, when Frank is standing outside the only door.

In the first pair of scans, he's able to move 10-15 feet behind Cyber in the time it takes Cyber to say one word, and in the last three he sneaks into the Baxter Building, getting through Reed Richards' own security system, before revealing himself only a few feet from the FF.

I say Wolverine's ability to be Ko depends at times. Like his High showings there are impressive. Other times he been put down by Spider Woman and his Healing Factor Tax so bad he needed to rest. SW messing logan up till he needed time to recoop. Im confident once Daken is taken out Titus can take out Wolvie Enough for a KO.

Him being slowed by his throat being slit is hardly typical, and he shouldn't have had a problem with Spider-Woman's Venom Blast, either, since he's tanked Storm's lightning several times without slowing down. Cutting damage does very little to Wolverine. He repeatedly trades killing blows with Sabretooth. gets an arm shoved through his stomach and gets infected by an alien virus, and it hardly slows him down. Gorgon stabs through his throat, and Logan runs off in pursuit as soon as the sword's pulled out. X-23 surprises him and slashes his throat, and he casually backhands he, sending her flying. Normally, cuts like the ones you posted do nothing to slow Wolverine down.

Again it will take alot to wear Titus down. Added to that is the Skill and common battling of Mutiple combatants in CC and Expert Marksmanship with all types of Imperial Weapons. He wont be outclass at all in skill. His strength is also more than enough to end Daken with Bolter, Chainsword, or Bare Fist. Finaly the Power Armour and Iron Halo combine with my Ground Speed and Jump Pack mean Titus can battle in and out of combat constantly. Added to that Healing Factor will last this whole match.

Everyone here has the endurance and healing factor to fight all day. The only thing that changes that is the M-Claws, which nobody here can recover from. Everyone here is extremely skilled. Daken may have the comparatively least skill in straight-up combat, but his stealth and disappearing trick more than make up for it. Titus can't end what he can't tag, and he can't even see Daken, much less hit him. He'll have to be on his A-game just to keep Wolverine's adamantium claws away from his throat, so if he tries to catch Daken, he'll open himself up to Logan's powerful attacks. Daken will disappear every time Titus retreats, and he'll only be giving Wolverine more time to heal up. Eventually Daken will get enough hits in with his Muramasas to hobble Titus and keep him grounded, and then he'll get worn down by the double offensive. He can't kill Wolverine quickly enough and he can't tag Daken often enough to keep himself intact.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Wow we both covered alot in this. Since I open im ready to have you close. Ready for Votes on this?

#18 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Esquire: Wow we both covered alot in this. Since I open im ready to have you close. Ready for Votes on this?

Sounds good. This was a lot of fun! I think it's been a pretty even match, really. Let's do another one some time!

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Im Always down!

Open for Votes!

#20 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Open for votes! Thanks for your time.

#21 Posted by YoungJustice (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Esquire here by a slim margin.

#22 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

Its close but I'm going with CadenceV2 the Iron Halo gives that extra bit of durability needed.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Too hard to decide!

Hmm.... CadenceV2 in a landslide!

#24 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Too hard to decide!

That...doesn't make sense, lol. :P

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

Too hard to decide!

You're just jealous that you didn't get my vote!

xD

#26 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

Too hard to decide!

xD

Didn't you read the OP? All votes for Cadence are invalid. jk, But I didn't think it was a landslide. :'(

#27 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Esquire said:

Too hard to decide!

xD

Didn't you read the OP? All votes for Cadence are invalid. jk, But I didn't think it was a landslide. :'(

It is if I say so.

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: This makes me want to create a sport called mud surfing!

#30 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2:

Close match, but I gotta go with Cadence. Good points were made on both ends, but I think that recharging shield and his incredible stat and experience advantage should give this to him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#31 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

great debates by both here :)

but my vote is for CadenceV2

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: 4-1 Esquire. I think thats a GG. We should do go at it more often. Love to do some Ultimate Marvel matches.

#33 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Esquire: 4-1 Esquire. I think thats a GG. We should do go at it more often. Love to do some Ultimate Marvel matches.

Shoot me a team, I'll come up with one to compete with it. This was fun! (Even if I should have won. :P)

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright! I was looking for a High Teir level.

Ultimates Iron Man, Hyperion, Thor, Magneto, and Phoenix

Or a Street Level Tier with Hawkeye, Cap, Wolverine, Dazzler (on Banshee), and Spiderman.