JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JBElliott

Who wins in a fight?

Captain Marvel with the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles, and speed of Mercury, or Thor and his enchanted hammer Mjolnir?

The worlds mightiest mortal with powers from three and a half gods (Hercules (half human), Atlas, Zeus and Mecury) and two and a half humans (Solomon, Hercules (half god) and Achilles) vs. a Norse god and the son of Odin.

Who wins?

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GL Bertron

Captain Marvel would win. He is a s strong as any super being, but with his Solomon's wisedom he would devise a way to defeat the Thunder God.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

The Mighty F%$#*in' Thor. No contest.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think it's Cap without a doubt. Thor's overrated. And he died. Don't remember Captain Marvel dying. And as JBElliot said, he's got the powers of multiple gods. Thor's a little momma's boy.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

I guess I'm biased due to my hate of the Captain. I'll say undecided-especially because I'm a huge Thor fan.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The're both lame, with any luck the'd kill each other.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I was never a HUGE Marvel fan but I'm really diggin' the Jeff Smith mini.

Dr_Gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dr_Gee

Gambler says:

"The're both lame, with any luck the'd kill each other."

yeah both are really lame..but i got to say i enjoy captain marvel more than thor..so i'm going for captain marvel

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Captain Marvel......

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JBElliott

Captain Marvel wins. He's got powers from more gods and just as much warrior courage etc. as Thor.

It wouldn't be a push over, but if Hercules can give Thor a run for his money, the Hercules, Zeus and Atlas should be able to handle Thor. Add in the wisdom of Solomon and the courage of Achilles and Thor can't hold up, hammer or not.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Of course, you all are forgetting that they actually DID fight, and Thor won.

I always wonder why we throw out hypothetical battles that have already happened. Those ones are the easiest to gauge.

To help with the other ones:

Thor vs. Superman - Superman by KO

Thor vs. Wonder Man - Thor by lightning

Thor vs. Juggernaut - Thor by teleporation

Thor vs. Absorbing Man - Thor by teleportation

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Yeah, but Thor v CM's result was fixed so that Marvel and DC would be 3-3 when it came to the reader voted battles. I think the big red cheese would win in a proper fight because he wouldn't have to change to Billy to avoid being pinned "even for a second" which were the conditions of victory in their fight. CM was robbed in that.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think it's built in...doesn't Captain Marvel have the strength of Hercules? Thor is stronger than Hercules. Because Hercules was a super strong mortal, who was granted "Hero" status at his death, and Thor was always a god.

Just to look at the mythology side of it.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Yeah, but Greco-Roman gods couldn't be killed, Nordic ones can. So Herc's demigod status doesn't necesarily make him weaker than the Odinson.

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JBElliott

Ebony Bishop says:

"I think it's built in...doesn't Captain Marvel have the strength of Hercules? Thor is stronger than Hercules. Because Hercules was a super strong mortal, who was granted "Hero" status at his death, and Thor was always a god.Just to look at the mythology side of it."

That may be true, but Captain Marvel also has the "power" of Zeus (king of gods) and the "stamina" of Atlas, the god holding up the world. Those should put him over Thor's head when it comes to raw power.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ebony Bishop

The power of Zeus? What's that, lightning and the ability to seduce women in non-human form? That's what I remember from my Greek myths 101. Guess what? Thor is the God of Thunder, and controls lightning, in all it's forms. And Atlas was a Titan, who were less powerful than the Gods.

I'm just sayin'.

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JBElliott

Ebony Bishop says:

"The power of Zeus? What's that, lightning and the ability to seduce women in non-human form? That's what *I* remember from my Greek myths 101. Guess what? Thor is the God of Thunder, and controls lightning, in all it's forms. And Atlas was a Titan, who were less powerful than the Gods.I'm just sayin'."

Might be true, but Zeus is generally portrayed as the most powerful in the pantheon, and adding them up, it's more than Thor could handle.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sling Shot

CM has equal strength with Thor class 100, they both have great fighting: Achilles Thor, CM is faster Mercury but Thor can toss Mjolnr fast enough, legendary stamina Atlas Thor, power of Zeus (obscure) Thor controls the storm, Thor is headstrong and an emotional fighter depending on his might to succeed Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor.

Solomon gives a large advantage to CM and the unexplained power of Zeus could be a decideing factor. Also if no one else in the Marvel family is activated CM is hemmoraging power because they share a single power resevoire.

CM smashes Thor in a supersonic sky shattering Solomon wise melee
Post Edited:2007-03-21 00:49:35

Csir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Csir

Thor..

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sling Shot says:

"Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor..."

Does everything have to come back to your dislike for Batman?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sync

can you say SHAZAM... cm wins

I see the battle being drawn, out, thor would give in to his anger emtions side and start swing and thowning his hammer, even calling lighting and storms, one to many lighthing hit cm and as thor throesm mijouir agian being 6 gods in one with the soul of a good mortal boy grabs mijouir swing it around throwing while yeah shazamx 6 and flying in front of hit, thor not knowing what to thinks sets to flying towards cm, only to have cm, move out the way and thor run smack into the mijouir...

but in the macth up they both turn to a weak old man and old boy trap under rumble, fair i say

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icoop

I dunno, if Thor were really smart and made a portal with Mjolnir as Marvel was charging at him, he could teleport him into like, a black hole(but I'm not sure if Thor is really that smart)...and I think if he didn't use that it would be a rediculously drawn out battle lasting days or possibly weeks(years?eternity?) with Marvel eventually winning, if there were to be a winner.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sling Shot

Buckshot says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor..."

Does everything have to come back to your dislike for Batman?"

Naw.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sling Shot

I like Bats. Alot. I just think the Batman worship is a lil out of control. And i gotta say i've encountered most of it on other websites so I'm retiring my Bat fan sarcasm.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Brad: "Sarah have you seen my clearesl

Sarah: "I needed it."

Sarah: " Here want some brown?"

Brad: "I cant use."

Sarah: "Look, its my best one yet, I got the cap, the hammer , even the special helmet."

Brad: "You used my zit cream, for another picture of Thor?"

Sarah: "Thors my hero."

Brad: "Thors a homo."

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GL Bertron

Ha! And that's why he would lose.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Vincent D'Onofrio's finest performance as Thor, the tow truck guy.

Pontius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pontius

Thats $#@! cracks me up everytime, that movie was the $#@!

Gyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gyle

Thor...

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zee crusher

Lol why bring this thread back to life?

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#33  Edited By Mighty Thorion

I would have said Thor - but didn't Captain Marvel recently get a major power upgrade? If he did then I'm not so sure.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Satyrquaze

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok."

That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake.

Gyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gyle

Satyrquaze says:

"ulitmateninjagaidenx says:
"thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok."
That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake. "

Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

((thor))

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Satyrquaze

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake. "
Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment "

Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap.

So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sorry but i still thank thor would win, lobo would of won, spider-man beat superboy good cuz i never care about superboy, cap sould have won, wonder woman lose to storm oh well too bad, i understand that you just want dc to win but they did not so im happy about that bye.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Satyrquaze

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"im sorry but i still thank thor would win, lobo would of won, spider-man beat superboy good cuz i never care about superboy, cap sould have won, wonder woman lose to storm oh well too bad, i understand that you just want dc to win but they did not so im happy about that bye. "

Nah, I just would be happy if the outcome of the fights made some sense.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Captain Marvel wins here. Captain Marvel aka Billy Baston is Lord Marvel, the keeper of all magic now. Now granted Thor with his Thorforce is very powerful. But Lord Marvel should be able to defeat Thor.

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JBElliott

Sorry, thanks for playing. Captain Marvel has strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, he Courage of Achilles (which makes him nigh invulnerable) and the speed of Mercury (not to mention the wisdom of Solomon). That's more than enough power to overwhelm the thunder god. Hercules himself gives Thor a good fight. Cap is Hercules plus all the others. It wouldn't be much of contest really.

Avatar image for captain_thunder
captain thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By captain thunder

that's right in that chessy dc vs marvel rip off cap turned back to billy to avoid being pinned temporarly underneath the ferris wheel and losing in a real battle marvel who is pure and worthy would grap thors hammer a way in battle and the power would pass to him creating captain thunder i like that.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Satyrquaze

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment "
Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap. So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense. "
If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover. But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd."

It's cool, I wasn't arguing with you, more like "singing to the choir" I guess. We're on the same page.

Gyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gyle

Satyrquaze says:

"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap. So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense. "

If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not

say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and

Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel

vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover.

But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd.

Avatar image for the_magnificent
The Magnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The Magnificent

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover. But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd."

Your right,it is weird.But I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that "there is a little something wrong with the Wizard Entertianment department".I can understand Gyle your frustation,look at Wizard Entertianment presents Batman vs Spider-man were Batman takes out Spiderman with a "nerve-punch".

And let's not forget,he won that battle without a scratch.ODD

Gyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gyle

Satyrquaze says:

"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
It's cool, I wasn't arguing with you, more like "singing to the choir" I guess. We're on the same page."

Good

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HalJordan1986x

captain marvel
he physically out  classes thor in strenght speed and durability

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OhTru
@Buckshot said:
"

Sling Shot says:

"
Billy has no wisdom

He's often portrayed as an idiot, naive kid. You will never see him in a top 10 list he's always leagues behind Wonder Woman and Superman. The only reason he shines in front of Supes is because of Superman's magic weakness

@King Saturn said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @King Saturn said:
" I thought Lord Marvel aka Billy Baston was depowered by Shazam the Wizard ?  "
When? "

JSA 25

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"

yikes
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By tensor

thor loses marvel kick his ass

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the creator
@OhTru said:
" @Buckshot said:
"

Sling Shot says:

"
Billy has no wisdom  He's often portrayed as an idiot, naive kid. You will never see him in a top 10 list he's always leagues behind Wonder Woman and Superman. The only reason he shines in front of Supes is because of Superman's magic weakness "

Billy has the Wisdom of Solomon when he calls on it. 
A very clear example of this was when he came up with the idea to use Johnny Sorrow to overcome Despero in JLA / JSA: Virtue & Vice. 
Its a power he has.